Home
Posted By: simonkenton7 A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I was in Asheville yesterday. I went to the drive through at Taco Bell and got a big burrito. It cost $4.45. I had to wait in the line for about 10 minutes.
I got to the window, the gal handed me my burrito, and she said "That lady in front of you paid for your food."

I said "What does she look like?"
She said it was a black lady about 25 years old. I saw her car pull out onto Tunnel Road, it was a late model Lexus SUV. I wanted to catch up to her and wave at her, but she took a right, and she was gone!
I said to the gal at the window, "Well, Merry Christmas!"

I rarely eat fast food, I have been in a drive through one time in the past 4 months.
What in the world?
Posted By: gulo Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.
Originally Posted by gulo
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.

You are a tard. Go actually learn about Trump and the things he’s done, and stop letting communist media tell you what to think. Christ, some people are stupid.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Take it for what it was - a random act of kindness.

Pass it forward if the mood strikes. Or don't.

Posted By: Morewood Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
"Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too

LOL

oh boy, Trump's fault again
Posted By: deflave Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
It's a common thing during the holidays.
Now that Biden’s “in” I won’t ever have to pay for fast food again. Ima gonna need a SUV to haul more folks w me.

Happy days are here again 🤦🏼‍♂️
Maybe she thought you was Roger 🙂
Posted By: jdunham Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
We still haven’t found a vaccine for TDS. Remember guys, we are all in this together.
Posted By: slumlord Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I never get out of there for less than $15
Posted By: gunner500 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
That's nice, I done same at a grocery store not long back, mom with three pups in front of me in the line handed the boy some items to put back they couldn't pay for, I said lay those back up there young man, ma'am, you can close that checkbook, told her to go back and get anything they needed while they were ringing me up, boy hugged my ribcage till mom came back with a couple bags of diapers and sacks of apples, LOL, gotta be more pups at home, they cried and thanked me, I wondered on the way home if young jr had a pappy, the way he hugged me and wouldn't let go, most likely not.

It was a lousy 180 bucks or something, I need to woe TF up, stop and realize that amount means everything to some folk at times!
I sure need some Schnee’s

Size 14

laugh
Originally Posted by slumlord
I sure need some Schnee’s

Size 14

laugh

Whatever that is, come on down Slum! ; ]
Does the giver more good than the receiver sometimes, if that’s possible. If you have the ability to help others, it is a reminder that you have been blessed with more than you need, as most of us have.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Been hearing a lot of this lately.

Drive through and grocery store.
Posted By: BCBH Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Lucky! The only time someone gave me something at Taco Bell was when I suspect a worker was sticking laxatives in the food. I almost [bleep] myself during the 10 min ride home.

Why make a random act of kindness political? You sir, are what is actually wrong with our country. Not everything is political, sometimes random people do nice things randomly. Nothing to do with Trump, Biden, Obama.... or anything other than some people are just nice.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Been hearing a lot of this lately.

Drive through and grocery store.

Jim;
Happy New Year almost to you and your fine family.

That's good to hear on a lot of levels actually.

Although I can't recall just where now, there was a video about why giving is good for us - as the giver - it was a doctor of something I want to say. Anyways, as my cyber friend gunner500 says, what doesn't mean that much to us can be all the difference in the world to others these days.

Then too Jim, we can all of us use some good news nowadays too - so thanks for that as well.

Happy New Year to you all sir.

Dwayne

You’re a [bleep] idiot. It has nothing to do with this administration, the horrible one before, or whatever schit show may show up after.

It’s an attempt at showing kindness and passing it along. I rarely go through a fast food drive through. I just don’t eat it. There are many times when my wife will run through quickly and grab something for the kids. She’s done it on multiple occasions, and we’ll prior to the last 4 years. It’s a simple and cheap way to do a random act of kindness.
gunner tip o the hat to you sir

God bless you for your generosity
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I do it all the time if order behind me is LEO no matter the cost and will also do if cost is around $5.00 for anyone.
Posted By: CCCC Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by deflave
It's a common thing during the holidays.
And, appears to be even more prevalent right now. Having been moved to do such things on occasion, it feels much more compelling in these times. Interestingly, it seems like the more one does this for others, the more it happens to one. Both ways - brings on a very good feeling.
Posted By: Raeford Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Why make a random act of kindness political? You sir, are what is actually wrong with our country. Not everything is political, sometimes random people do nice things randomly. Nothing to do with Trump, Biden, Obama.... or anything other than some people are just nice.

Well Stated Bob
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
gunner tip o the hat to you sir

God bless you for your generosity

My pleasure my Friend 2L2Q, had to be a downright asswipe from 1985 to 2015, need to even that up a little on the tail end ; ]

BC30Cal, You're exactly right Sir, Best to You and Yours.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
What in the world?

You really have to ask what a random good deed is?

Maybe you need to heed the message she delivered to you...
My kids had everything they needed, but often not everything they desired.

My oldest daughter was a single mother supporting two daughters for a while on waitress wages and tips. Now she is married to a successful business man and she and the two girls are quite comfortable.

She remembers well her previous struggles and does quite often pay for another's groceries. Especially if she sees indications the person is actually struggling.

It ain't gonna happen if the cart is full of rib eyes, shrimp, frozen meals, and cocktail mixers.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
What in the world?

You really have to ask what a random good deed is?

Maybe you need to heed the message she delivered to you...

Oh my God. I hadn't realized my dire need for spiritual enlightenment. Please tell me all you know, that is, if you think there is any hope for me.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20

Dumbarse. Typical clown has to make a statement of kindness political.
Sitting in the hospital parking lot on Christmas Day waiting our turn to walk in and visit and a van pulled up, 4 little girls got out, ran over to moms window, knocked, and when she rolled it down they gave her a $50 chik fil a card, said merry Christmas and ran off.
Mom gave it to our nurse and asked her to pass it on to a family that could use it.
Still a few decent people around. Not many though
Posted By: stxhunter Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
did a flooring job out at the lake years back double wide mobile home old woman and her husband who had Alzheimer's and was bedridden, they had no children. she told me the subfloor was bad in his room. the next weekend I bought some sheets of 3/4 ply and went back and fixed it, took out the rotted particle board subfloor, and replaced it. reinstalled the carpet. She asked me how much she owed me, I told her nothing. She said home Depot must have paid me good for the first job, not even a thank you, I laughed figure she was bitter about having to take care of her husband alone. it made our day to be able to do it though and I hope my son learned something, he helped me.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
did a flooring job out at the lake years back double wide mobile home old woman and her husband who had Alzheimer's and was bedridden, they had no children. she told me the subfloor was bad in his room. the next weekend I bought some sheets of 3/4 ply and went back and fixed it, took out the rotted particle board subfloor, and replaced it. reinstalled the carpet. She asked me how much she owed me, I told her nothing. She said home Depot must have paid me good for the first job, not even a thank you, I laughed figure she was bitter about having to take care of her husband alone. it made our day to be able to do it though and I hope my son learned something, he helped me.

Roger, to always expect the recipient of our charity to show gratitude will lead to much disappointment.

Fortunately it is enough that it makes us feel good.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20

You should listen to the Propaganda Corps more. LMAO at gullibility.
Posted By: Theeck Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I have had this happen to me twice. I though I must look poor but then I found out it is a thing.

I could use some Schnees too. I'm more like a 12 though. Great boots.
Posted By: Theeck Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
My wife was at the grocery store a couple weeks ago and the lady ahead of her was overbudget and was trying to figure out which items to remove from the belt. My wife just paid for her. It cost her 40 some dollars. It was probably 50% kindness and 50% impatience.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
We were somewhat lost in North Carolina. Mom finally convinced Dad to go into a gas station and ask for help. He came back and said that the lady told him to just go to the intersection and take the highway to Icefield and we would come across our destination on the way. Long and arduous study of the map helped not in the least as to finding Icefield. A humble return with the map and the lady pointed to Asheville, right smack there.
Posted By: hanco Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
A lady did that for me not long ago at Jack in the box. Got to me a bit
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
This has been going on for decades but at least since the mid 90's really caught fire. Especially in drive through.

"Pay it Forward"
A random act of kindness. My wife and I do it all the time and we only ask the receiver when we can to pass it on to someone else.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
My kids had everything they needed, but often not everything they desired.

My oldest daughter was a single mother supporting two daughters for a while on waitress wages and tips. Now she is married to a successful business man and she and the two girls are quite comfortable.

She remembers well her previous struggles and does quite often pay for another's groceries. Especially if she sees indications the person is actually struggling.

It ain't gonna happen if the cart is full of rib eyes, shrimp, frozen meals, and cocktail mixers.

I'll do the same, as long as they haven't pissed away their money on tattoos or cigarettes.
Posted By: colodog Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
A few years ago when Dad was still alive, my brother and I'd take him to breakfast at the local diner.
It was fun to have him help pick out an older couple or a young family and anonymously buy their breakfast.
Keeping it secret gave him a big giggle.

When we were being nice to our neighbors, it made it hard to whine and grumble about our own troubles.

It rubs off too, Dad would occasionally have someone buy his breakfast when he went alone.

With Covid , it's easy to see our neighbors as a threat, instead of seeing them as people.

Thanks for the reminder and the happy memories of breakfast with Dad.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20

You're a dumb fugk lying pos.

Do the country a favor, moron. Roll down in a ditch and shoot yourself in the head.
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
One time a lady with 2 carts-full let me go ahead in line.......because I had 1 item.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Humanity in America that has just seen four years of a leader in high office.I like it.

Hi friend, I did not add anything, merely removed a few inadvertent words you must have mistyped by mistake.
Posted By: memtb Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
It happens to me every time I go to a restaurant! Of course, I’m darn good look’n......and my wife carries the money! wink memtb
Posted By: efw Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
That's nice, I done same at a grocery store not long back, mom with three pups in front of me in the line handed the boy some items to put back they couldn't pay for, I said lay those back up there young man, ma'am, you can close that checkbook, told her to go back and get anything they needed while they were ringing me up, boy hugged my ribcage till mom came back with a couple bags of diapers and sacks of apples, LOL, gotta be more pups at home, they cried and thanked me, I wondered on the way home if young jr had a pappy, the way he hugged me and wouldn't let go, most likely not.

It was a lousy 180 bucks or something, I need to woe TF up, stop and realize that amount means everything to some folk at times!

To say nothing of the value of that human touch you provided her and her kids.

I know you’re not seeking kudos but good on ya that’s really cool.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by efw

That was a class move.
Originally Posted by efw

Aint no doubt that Gunner could be your very best friend, nor that someone could make him into their very worst enemy. cool

It's been my honor to share a real campfire with him.

FC
Posted By: MARCEL Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20

Its more likely she saw you two use the same tampon and she had a bogo coupon.
Few months back, we took in a stray kitten, started feeding it in the furnace shed. 2 days later mrs slumlord backed over it.

Few months back, we took in a stray kitten, started feeding it in the furnace shed. 2 days later mrs slumlord backed over it.

I love a happy ending.
Sitting in the hospital and some woman is screaming obscenities for 30 min straight. I’m about to pay it forward and jerk her cord.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20

lol, a few yrs ago I brought my kids back home from buying school clothes as I was pulling up in the driveway, they said dad lookout for penis, thought the stupid cat had got out of the way and ran over her. don't ask me why my old lady named a female cat penis. I have run over more than one of her cats.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
My daughter worked in a Denny's in Bozeman. When she was nearly 17. My wife asked her to pick up one thing for Christmas dinner at Smith's. Couple ahead was having a hard time paying and were hungry. She took them on a mini shopping spree and paid with her tips. Knew then I raised a good girl.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/30/20
I drop off stray cats at the Chinese restaurant during the holidays.

They always Rank Re Rery Ruch.
Posted By: Jericho Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
A couple of years back I bought a few things at the grocery store and the clerk gave me my receipt and a coupon for a dozen eggs for free. I turned around and the lady behind me had a dozen eggs in her cart. I handed it to her and she smiled and thanked me.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
Originally Posted by BCBH
Lucky! The only time someone gave me something at Taco Bell was when I suspect a worker was sticking laxatives in the food. I almost [bleep] myself during the 10 min ride home.

"Run from the border"

More like run for the toilet.
Originally Posted by 10at6
My daughter worked in a Denny's in Bozeman. When she was nearly 17. My wife asked her to pick up one thing for Christmas dinner at Smith's. Couple ahead was having a hard time paying and were hungry. She took them on a mini shopping spree and paid with her tips. Knew then I raised a good girl.

My son and I pulled up at a light next to a homeless guy.
I rolled down the window and my son yelled “get a job you piece of scheit!”
Knew then I raised a good kid.
Posted By: Dutch Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I can only imagine how proud your father must be.....
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
They always give away the ones they drop on the floor. Cuts down on the dumpster load. Congrats to the OP.
Posted By: slumlord Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter

lol, a few yrs ago I brought my kids back home from buying school clothes as I was pulling up in the driveway, they said dad lookout for penis, thought the stupid cat had got out of the way and ran over her. don't ask me why my old lady named a female cat penis. I have run over more than one of her cats.

LOL

we had adopted this female miniature collie. She apparently had had a previous thing with anytime a vehicle, a lawnmower, a weed wacker fired up she would go ape-shît and run around it like 25 times.

My chocolate lab right off the bat would snatch her ass up off the ground and sling her about 3-4ft whenever she did that.

Well, once again, mrs slumlord (she kills all of our pets) started up the car put it in reverse, the little collie started going bonkers and my chocolate slung her up under the back wheel. Ran head over and squiished it like a grape.

was a stupid dog anyway. We were setting off fireworks. I lit this big 25 shot roman candle rocket multiple launch system lol
I lit it and ran back to the porch, she passed me going the other way towards it. Grabbed it by the corner, that thing was firing fireballs off in all directions. I had to run back out and tackle her before it caught her shaggy hair on fire. She would attack the weed wacker.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I can only imagine how proud your father must be.....

His son prolly flipped the guy off guy off just like in his avatar,

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree . . .
Posted By: JackRyan Re: A Lady Paid for My Food - 12/31/20
I wish people would JUST SHUT UP and do what they are suppose to DO and get out of the way. At the grocery check out, in the drive up line. Just randomly in the middle of the street, any time there is more than two cars with in 10 feet of each other you have creep along any more because morons don't know the required protocol for a common high way and motor vehicle. Instead they will just sit there behind their tinted windows flailing their arms nonsensically when all the really need is take their F'ing turn and GET OUT OF THE WAY.

If you don't know what you want at McDonalds by the time you are old enough to drive, then don't get in line. You'll have ten minutes of waiting to count out all your pennies, get it done.

If you want to do me a random act of kindness to assuage your own guilt of some past sin, THEN GET OUT OF THE WAY.
© 24hourcampfire