Home
We are in for a blizzard of anti gun legislation, no question, maybe the worst in our lifetime...is there any softening of attitudes toward the NRA's malfeasance. Maybe like the clothespin on the nose when you go to vote for a known rino (but it's better than the democrat?). It's my guess the NRA has a pretty good legal team, lobbyist team, knows where a few bodies are buried?
What say you?
I'm still a paying member.
I’m an NRA Patron. And have been a lifer for 30 plus years.
Received a request for money/upgrade in membership level last week.
I sent back the request in the self addressed postage paid envelope with this written on the request, “Not until Wayne is gone.”

I know we are in for a battle in the upcoming years. That’s all the more reason to have strong leadership and leadership trusted by its members. If the NRA can’t find and replace leadership during a crisis, they’re a weak organization.
I hope to be able to become a financial contributor again.
Just renewed for 5 years
You're kidding, right?

Starting in 1968 to present count the number of gun laws scribbled into the books and how much money the nra has collected...do the math.
Even if their intentions were honest in protecting the 2nd, they suck at stopping gun legislation.
You're sure as hell tight about the coming schitt storm..................................

And it's gonna come quick.

MM
The NRA is not perfect. But nothing in life is. I’m a Patron member and my wife is a Life member. Will continue to support. Hasbeen
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like. Where's W4B? Just donate some more to the Wayne fund. Everything will be okay.
I get the sentiment but if they're continually ineffective and they do like to roll over a lot - why not give that money to a hungrier dog in the fight - GOA for example?
Originally Posted by Teal
I get the sentiment but if they're continually ineffective and they do like to roll over a lot - why not give that money to a hungrier dog in the fight - GOA for example?

There's your huckleberry.
I donate every year to GOA.

https://gunowners.org/
Originally Posted by dale06
I sent back the request in the self addressed postage paid envelope with this written on the request, “Not until Wayne is gone.”

I know we are in for a battle in the upcoming years. That’s all the more reason to have strong leadership and leadership trusted by its members. If the NRA can’t find and replace leadership during a crisis, they’re a weak organization.

That’s how I see it.

I’m a life member but do not see myself giving to the NRA until they restructure. I do give money to other pro gun rights groups. If WLP is to selfish to do the right thing and step down knowing that he is bad for business and killing fundraising that’s all the more reason not to support them IMO. It isn’t just about the suits it’s about the whole structure of the organization and fake handpicked “choices” that were given for the board along with be completely tone deaf to membership and treating us like cash cows in exchange for cheap Chinese trinkets.

Exacly, The NRA can get it together and fight for all our rights or go fugg itself. The NRA is no longer the only game in town.

The GOA gets it.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like.

Send all the money you used to send to the NRA to the GOA. They will actually use it to fight for our gun rights, and not luxury vacations and mansions.
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

https://www.saf.org/
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

That's what I do.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like.

Send all the money you used to send to the NRA to the GOA. They will actually use it to fight for our gun rights, and not luxury vacations and mansions.

^^^^^
I am trying to get some sense of what to donate to, personally. I know the NRA is a deeply flawed organization, I know my money is not well spent. It's a silly analogy, but I have supported a lot of rino's in my day...I hated every phucqing minute of it...but they had the seniority in the house and senate, were well placed on committees in finance, defense, judicial...yes, they were huge flaming azzholes. In other words, maybe it was better to win the battle with a crook...than lose the battle with a shining conservative knight. I guess it boils down to, is the NRA the best equipped to defend our hill? Maybe right now, this coming 4 years, is not the best time to change horses...we are crossing the Rubicon figuratively.
Anyone have a good email for someone at NRA?
I will donate my investment instructions letter for them to distribute.
Looked at their website this morning but couldn't find a good route to submit it.

GOA too..

Thanks
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am trying to get some sense of what to donate to, personally. I know the NRA is a deeply flawed organization, I know my money is not well spent. It's a silly analogy, but I have supported a lot of rino's in my day...I hated every phucqing minute of it...but they had the seniority in the house and senate, were well placed on committees in finance, defense, judicial...yes, they were huge flaming azzholes. In other words, maybe it was better to win the battle with a crook...than lose the battle with a shining conservative knight. I guess it boils down to, is the NRA the best equipped to defend our hill? Maybe right now, this coming 4 years, is not the best time to change horses...we are crossing the Rubicon figuratively.
GOA, as Local Dirt, TRH and Teal all said.
Originally Posted by jmh3
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

^^^^This^^^^

And your State Organizations, if the leadership is all volunteer and refuses to even accept gas money...
Fuuuck the NRA. They have filled the war chests of the Republicans that just rolled over on you.

Money needs to come out of politics and consequences need to go in.

Cold dead hands mutherfuukers.
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Fuuuck the NRA.
word
New York State AG has vowed to break The NRA with lawsuits.I am wondering how much that is printed in the MSM is even close to being true.The NRA had 5 million members at one time and did broker deals with the left.Some of them stunk, but there were good ones also.NY State did manage to affect the NRAs influence in this last election.So who actually knows which of the NRA stories are truth, and what is fabricated?I am not writing this to pimp for the NRA as I donate to the GOA ,but am thinking that maybe I have been mislead by fabricated stories.The lefts program is to separate us into smaller ID Politics factions and then deal with us.We need a United Front to stand beside.Wether it is the NRA,GOA,SAF it really does not matter,but we need to find some organization that is willing to fight for us and we need to support it.JMHO,Huntz
Lot of new gun owners this year. Wonder how they feel?
Lot of new gun owners this year. Wonder how they feel?

Most of those first time ever owners got there in fear of having their neighborhoods overrun and being hauled out to kneel in the front yard to decry 200 years of White rule, or having their small business burned after being looted. They will be no help.

Hell we can't get a lot of long time gun owners involved...
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like. Where's W4B? Just donate some more to the Wayne fund. Everything will be okay.

This is going to be so much fun. I’m betting more fun that Ethan edwards sucking on my horn grin
Originally Posted by watch4bear

This is going to be so much fun. I’m betting more fun that Ethan edwards sucking on my horn grin
That you think any of this is "fun" is telling.
Th
at you think any of this is "fun" is telling.

Youre the thinker of this group grin grin grin grin grin

Well deserved in my opinion
Originally Posted by Huntz
New York State AG has vowed to break The NRA with lawsuits.I am wondering how much that is printed in the MSM is even close to being true.The NRA had 5 million members at one time and did broker deals with the left.Some of them stunk, but there were good ones also.NY State did manage to affect the NRAs influence in this last election.So who actually knows which of the NRA stories are truth, and what is fabricated?I am not writing this to pimp for the NRA as I donate to the GOA ,but am thinking that maybe I have been mislead by fabricated stories.The lefts program is to separate us into smaller ID Politics factions and then deal with us.We need a United Front to stand beside.Wether it is the NRA,GOA,SAF it really does not matter,but we need to find some organization that is willing to fight for us and we need to support it.JMHO,Huntz

Agreed
Originally Posted by antlers
Fuuuck the NRA.
word

^^^^+

First off, You need to grow a horn..

Just sayin.
I don't see how the NRA can be effective in it's current state. I believe it is tottering on the verge of bankruptcy.
I dfon't see how the NRA can be effective in it's current state. I believe it is tottering on the verge of bankruptcy.

Lets give it a little push and see if it falls over grin
Illegal laws being passed as legitimate......simply don't comply!
Originally Posted by Esox357

Like trumps bump stock ban?
GOA ! The NRA is dead to me and has been for years. The NRA is controlled opposition.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
GOA ! The NRA is dead to me and has been for years. The NRA is controlled opposition.
Amen.
amen
Originally Posted by Huntz
I am wondering how much that is printed in the MSM is even close to being true.The NRA had 5 million members at one time and did broker deals with the left.Some of them stunk, but there were good ones also.NY State did manage to affect the NRAs influence in this last election.So who actually knows which of the NRA stories are truth, and what is fabricated?I am not writing this to pimp for the NRA as I donate to the GOA ,but am thinking that maybe I have been mislead by fabricated stories.

It has been the words out of the mouths of NRA leaders coupled with their actions (deals with the left, you called them) that showed me exactly what the NRA was about. They have been FOR gun control laws for at least 100 years. They have taken your money and then used your rights as a bargaining chip. Yet with that egregious record, none of them has been tarred and feathered, or had any negative recompense at all. It's pretty evident what the NRA has been about, and it's pretty evident what sort of people support the NRA.
it's pretty evident what sort of people support the NRA.

gun owners? grin

That was a BATFE ruling, not Trump.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

That was a BATFE ruling, not Trump.

BS, it came right from Trump and HIS DOJ.

Department of Justice Announces Bump-Stock-Type Devices Final Rule

Today, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.

Acting Attorney General Whitaker made the following statement:

“President Donald Trump is a law and order president, who has signed into law millions of dollars in funding for law enforcement officers in our schools, and under his strong leadership, the Department of Justice has prosecuted more gun criminals than ever before as we target violent criminals. We are faithfully following President Trump’s leadership by making clear that bump stocks, which turn semiautomatics into machine guns, are illegal, and we will continue to take illegal guns off of our streets.”

On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.” In response to that direction the Department reviewed more than 186,000 public comments and made the decision to make clear that the term “machinegun” as used in the National Firearms Act (NFA), as amended, and Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended, includes all bump-stock-type devices that harness recoil energy to facilitate the continuous operation of a semiautomatic firearm after a single pull of the trigger.

This final rule amends the regulatory definition of “machinegun” in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), sections 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11. The final rule amends the regulatory text by adding the following language: “The term ‘machine gun’ includes bump-stock devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semi-automatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.” Furthermore, the final rule defines “automatically” and “single function of the trigger” as those terms are used in the statutory definition of machinegun. Specifically,

“automatically” as it modifies “shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot,” means functioning as a result of a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that allows the firing of multiple rounds through the single function of the trigger;
“single function of the trigger” means single pull of the trigger and analogous motions.

Because the final rule clarifies that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns, the devices fall within the purview of the NFA and are subject to the restrictions of 18 U.S.C. 922(o). As a result, persons in possession of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of the devices before the effective date of the final rule. A current possessor may destroy the device or abandon it at the nearest ATF office, but no compensation will be provided for the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to its intended function.

You can thank the NRA and Ronald Reagan for the NFA
SAF, just sent them some more bucks

The only reason I kept NRA membership was competition classifications. Can't and don't compete any longer so I guess they're cut off going forward.

The best defense is to stop anti gun bills before they become laws. Lobbying is expensive, but is it more expensive than litigation?
I am still partway through my 5 year renewal, and have not canceled my membership. If LaPierre is gone, along with the rest of his crooked cronies, I will renew and continue to support the NRA, otherwise, no.
I'm still a NRA Benefactor and my son is a Life Member but Wayne needs to go before I give them another nickel of support. I'm done groveling for my rights.....
Been a life member for years and an endowment member the last few years. Now I'm beginning to wonder if donation money could be put to better use if Gun Owners of America (G.O.A.) got it.
I used to be an NRA member. $35 annual "dues". Couple-a-times I did a 3 yr sign-up, $105.

With my membership I also received many, many requests to send more money to fight this bill or fight that bill.

I now give GOA $20 a month, every month. They do not ask for anything more.
Originally Posted by Pat85

The best defense is to stop anti gun bills before they become laws. Lobbying is expensive, but is it more expensive than litigation?

Very,very good point.
Wow, it's time Rick makes a "sticky" out of NRA and Leupold hating.

It is a little humorous to see the piling on at the Campfire that you don't see many other places.

At least that sticky could garner the support of the rest of the losers that don't hang out on the naked girl thread.
Not one penny more from me until limpdick LaPierre is gone. Period.
THE NRA is a useless organization with a very high maintenance overhead....

La Pierre made sure of that....
Originally Posted by dale06

If youre already a life member, what upgrade is there?

Eternal life or Gunga Galunga?
Originally Posted by slumlord
If youre already a life member, what upgrade is there?

Eternal life or Gunga Galunga?

It goes...

Eternal life
Gunga Galunga
Barry
I'm a Life Member of the NRA, and each time they call begging for money, I tell them no more until LaPierre is gone.

I just renewed my membership to Tennessee Firearms Association and joined Gun Owners of America.

Just pick something and support it.
Endowment member of the NRA.
Thinking it's time to join GOA and SAF
Kind of surrounding the bastids from all sides, so to speak.
NRA has actively undermined gun owners over and over. NRA lobbyists work against pro-gun bills when it suits NRA fund raising. Why would you help them? National Association for Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition plus your state and local organizations are where your support should go.
NRA or no NRA, if you really think there is any kind of political solution now, you are a fool.
Just joined GOA, and kicked in a donation, too.

If tomorrow the NRA paid everyones dues to their new pres laapierre, a chunk of neo con $ would still be supporting the great 1968 victory to the plastic stock appendage ban. Thank you NRA leaders.

. While he's at it, may he warn everyone that harris and hilary want to take your squirrel plinker and he is your only help because so many support him. Support the man. Support the plan. Trust the science. Hope and change. ✊

Join the NRA.
Buy Wayne a new fishing yaught. While your at it donate a couple bills for Joe's fishing trip.
Do what biten says and just buy a shotgun.
...a double barrel shotgun.

😁
© 24hourcampfire