Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by Esox357
Illegal laws being passed as legitimate......simply don't comply!

Like trumps bump stock ban?

That was a BATFE ruling, not Trump.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by Esox357
Illegal laws being passed as legitimate......simply don't comply!

Like trumps bump stock ban?

That was a BATFE ruling, not Trump.

BS, it came right from Trump and HIS DOJ.

Department of Justice Announces Bump-Stock-Type Devices Final Rule

Today, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.

Acting Attorney General Whitaker made the following statement:

“President Donald Trump is a law and order president, who has signed into law millions of dollars in funding for law enforcement officers in our schools, and under his strong leadership, the Department of Justice has prosecuted more gun criminals than ever before as we target violent criminals. We are faithfully following President Trump’s leadership by making clear that bump stocks, which turn semiautomatics into machine guns, are illegal, and we will continue to take illegal guns off of our streets.”

On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.” In response to that direction the Department reviewed more than 186,000 public comments and made the decision to make clear that the term “machinegun” as used in the National Firearms Act (NFA), as amended, and Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended, includes all bump-stock-type devices that harness recoil energy to facilitate the continuous operation of a semiautomatic firearm after a single pull of the trigger.

This final rule amends the regulatory definition of “machinegun” in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), sections 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11. The final rule amends the regulatory text by adding the following language: “The term ‘machine gun’ includes bump-stock devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semi-automatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.” Furthermore, the final rule defines “automatically” and “single function of the trigger” as those terms are used in the statutory definition of machinegun. Specifically,

“automatically” as it modifies “shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot,” means functioning as a result of a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that allows the firing of multiple rounds through the single function of the trigger;
“single function of the trigger” means single pull of the trigger and analogous motions.

Because the final rule clarifies that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns, the devices fall within the purview of the NFA and are subject to the restrictions of 18 U.S.C. 922(o). As a result, persons in possession of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of the devices before the effective date of the final rule. A current possessor may destroy the device or abandon it at the nearest ATF office, but no compensation will be provided for the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to its intended function.

You can thank the NRA and Ronald Reagan for the NFA

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
SAF, just sent them some more bucks

The only reason I kept NRA membership was competition classifications. Can't and don't compete any longer so I guess they're cut off going forward.

Last edited by blindshooter; 01/11/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jmh3
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

https://www.saf.org/
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

The best defense is to stop anti gun bills before they become laws. Lobbying is expensive, but is it more expensive than litigation?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am still partway through my 5 year renewal, and have not canceled my membership. If LaPierre is gone, along with the rest of his crooked cronies, I will renew and continue to support the NRA, otherwise, no.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm still a NRA Benefactor and my son is a Life Member but Wayne needs to go before I give them another nickel of support. I'm done groveling for my rights.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been a life member for years and an endowment member the last few years. Now I'm beginning to wonder if donation money could be put to better use if Gun Owners of America (G.O.A.) got it.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I used to be an NRA member. $35 annual "dues". Couple-a-times I did a 3 yr sign-up, $105.

With my membership I also received many, many requests to send more money to fight this bill or fight that bill.

I now give GOA $20 a month, every month. They do not ask for anything more.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by jmh3
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

https://www.saf.org/
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

The best defense is to stop anti gun bills before they become laws. Lobbying is expensive, but is it more expensive than litigation?

Very,very good point.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wow, it's time Rick makes a "sticky" out of NRA and Leupold hating.

It is a little humorous to see the piling on at the Campfire that you don't see many other places.

At least that sticky could garner the support of the rest of the losers that don't hang out on the naked girl thread.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not one penny more from me until limpdick LaPierre is gone. Period.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
THE NRA is a useless organization with a very high maintenance overhead....

La Pierre made sure of that....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m an NRA Patron. And have been a lifer for 30 plus years.
Received a request for money/upgrade in membership level last week.
I sent back the request in the self addressed postage paid envelope with this written on the request, “Not until Wayne is gone.”

I know we are in for a battle in the upcoming years. That’s all the more reason to have strong leadership and leadership trusted by its members. If the NRA can’t find and replace leadership during a crisis, they’re a weak organization.
I hope to be able to become a financial contributor again.

If youre already a life member, what upgrade is there?

Eternal life or Gunga Galunga?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
If youre already a life member, what upgrade is there?

Eternal life or Gunga Galunga?

It goes...

Eternal life
Gunga Galunga
Barry

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm a Life Member of the NRA, and each time they call begging for money, I tell them no more until LaPierre is gone.

I just renewed my membership to Tennessee Firearms Association and joined Gun Owners of America.

Just pick something and support it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Endowment member of the NRA.
Thinking it's time to join GOA and SAF
Kind of surrounding the bastids from all sides, so to speak.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
NRA has actively undermined gun owners over and over. NRA lobbyists work against pro-gun bills when it suits NRA fund raising. Why would you help them? National Association for Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition plus your state and local organizations are where your support should go.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
NRA or no NRA, if you really think there is any kind of political solution now, you are a fool.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just joined GOA, and kicked in a donation, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If tomorrow the NRA paid everyones dues to their new pres laapierre, a chunk of neo con $ would still be supporting the great 1968 victory to the plastic stock appendage ban. Thank you NRA leaders.

. While he's at it, may he warn everyone that harris and hilary want to take your squirrel plinker and he is your only help because so many support him. Support the man. Support the plan. Trust the science. Hope and change. ✊

Join the NRA.
Buy Wayne a new fishing yaught. While your at it donate a couple bills for Joe's fishing trip.
Do what biten says and just buy a shotgun.
...a double barrel shotgun.

😁

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.