Home
When the National Guard was told to hand over their magazines, were they wrong to do so?
Who ordered it?
Did that person have authority to do so?

Given how they were treated. Did they err?
No

doesn't matter

Probably

The garage thing? Not the worst thing to happen to infantry
Our daughter is in the UT Nat Guard. She was released from the callup yesterday. She said they were each issued 300 rounds. She said that they were sweating whether they would be required to use them against Americans. As it happened, the protests where she was consisted of fewer than 20 people.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Our daughter is in the UT Nat Guard. She was released from the callup yesterday. She said they were each issued 300 rounds. She said that they were sweating whether they would be required to use them against Americans. As it happened, the protests where she was consisted of fewer than 20 people.

Damn, do you think she would have?
I wanna know how long D.C. is going to continue putting them through hell for their stupid false narrative.

How long?

When is the barriers and razor wire war zone going to be taken down?

I frankly think the NG is on the wrong side of the fence. They ought to be outside the war zone encampment, keeping the criminals inside of it.

I’m not up on UCMJ, but that would’ve been a lawful order?
Sworn to in their oath of enlistment

But they were deputized at Capitol police.

Im over my head here but I was just intrigued
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I wanna know how long CHINEY is going to continue putting them through hell.

I frankly think the NG is on the wrong side of the fence. They ought to be outside the war zone encampment, keeping the criminals inside of it.
wink

Yep.

May be just getting them primed mentally.

Did she question any of her buds as to whether they would carry out orders to kill civilians vs defend the US from all enemies foreign and domestic such as traitors like Biden and Piglosi?
300 rounds?!?

I got more than that rattling around the floor of my pickup.
They missed a fine opportunity to take some criminals into custody until they could be charged with treason. I wouldn't say they erred, just that they missed an opportunity to do some actual good, in accordance with the oath that each member took. I can't hold them accountable for being order-following cowards who can't think for themselves, nor come up with a set of personal principles. That's pretty much all of America.
I figured they called them up because it was the only way to get some people at the inauguration. It's chilling to think they actually considered whether or not they would shoot protesters. I would think there would be nothing to consider especially of you were from a conservative state or background unless someone was shooting at you first.

Look at the military members sentenced to hard time for shooting foreign civilians during a war. Makes one wonder how they could even consider shooting American's. Although I doubt anything will ever happen to the law enforcement person that killed the unarmed protester at the capital.

No one will ever be held accountable for chasing Levoy into an L ambush and then shooting him in the back while his hands were in the air. This is the duplicitous justice system we have today. The government gets away with murdering unarmed conservatives yet they get their feet held to the fire for killing armed leftists.

Bb

Glad that she didn't have to find out...
Posted By: CBB Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/22/21

Amazed it was even a question? Orders are order but wtf? I've been. Worried about this scenario for a while.

Would any active military turn their weapons on American Civilians
Originally Posted by CBB

Amazed it was even a question? Orders are order but wtf? I've been. Worried about this scenario for a while.

Pretty obvious that they would.

Read Rock Chuck's post.

Would have had the same effect as the Boston Massacre.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by CBB

Read Rock Chuck's post.

Yes, they would have followed orders.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’m not up on UCMJ, but that would’ve been a lawful order?
Sworn to in their oath of enlistment

But they were deputized at Capitol police.

Im over my head here but I was just intrigued
I wasn't clear. This was at the UT state capitol, not WDC.
Posted By: Hesp Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/22/21
Any one happen to notice where Trump invited Nat, Guard troops to stay in his Hotel . The dems are making the troop s sleep in parking garages in the dead of winter.
Originally Posted by Hesp
Any one happen to notice where Trump invited Nat, Guard troops to stay in his Hotel . The dems are making the troop s sleep in parking garages in the dead of winter.

the difference in a man that loves America and Americans, and the scum that rule our country now.
Posted By: goalie Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
300 rounds?!?

It's more than I had on me in loaded magazines as a combat load.
Originally Posted by CBB

Read Rock Chuck's post.
Yep.
Originally Posted by CBB

The people that still think that police and military will do anything other than follow orders, are willfully naive, and idealistically ignorant. The entire culture of the military and LE is setup around the conditioning of following orders. Stop with the “but they took an oath”. Yes they did. And none of them can recite it, or know what it means.

You guys have an idealized image of the patriotic soldier that doesn’t actually exist.
Posted By: wldthg Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/22/21
It's my understanding the basic combat load is 210 rounds. In Nam it was 120 rounds. 300 rounds for 25,000 men--- Must have been expecting a WAR. And these are the anal pores that want to defund the police
Originally Posted by CBB

Was it (surrender your magazines) ordered by Pelosi? While DJT still CiC? The who does matter. Particularly as it is a common order in a coup.
Sooooo....they had to use the Guard because posse cometatus says you can't use federal troops against U.S. citizens. But when the Guard got mobilized they became defacto federal troops. So did they side step things by deputizing troops who were called up for federal service?

The mind fairly boggles.

On another topic, I was National Guard Infantry for 9 of my 35 years of service. We all agreed we would never fire on our fellow citizens if it was ordered because of politics. However, that was 25 years ago, and the way these guardsmen were raised is quite different from the way I was raised.
The military isn't a good option right now.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The military isn't a good option right now.

No, not for armed domestic actions anyhow..

Originally Posted by MichiGun

On another topic, I was National Guard Infantry for 9 of my 35 years of service. We all agreed we would never fire on our fellow citizens if it was ordered because of politics. However, that was 25 years ago, and the way these guardsmen were raised is quite different from the way I was raised.

NG is like reserves in a sense. Part time.so one wonders how well versed they are for strange situations (chain of command) such as this....
I was hoping to hear from someone with Guard inside knowledge...and I agree about the different character of troops both regular and reserve these days...

One thought. I hope that they get extra pay for this. Though it will probably come from the State coffers, thereby further stressing the system....
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

NG is like reserves in a sense.

It more or less used to be that way. But a lot of the National Guard has been deployed to the Middle East ever since the government got the country stuck in that tar baby,....and the Middle East conflict will be greatly stirred up under the Biden administration.

The neocons who flocked to Biden are trying to light another fuse in Syria as we speak.
Originally Posted by dSmith_45

No kidding. I can think of countless situations in the past where I would rather have been bedded down in a parking garage in DC.

Still, I get the disrespect, and the fact that, at heart, most Dems despise the military. Bill Clinton actually got caught using those precise words in the 1990s.
If they were issued the same ammo as they were during Katrina it was hollow points, my oldest son called as they leaving for New Orleans and asked why hollow points and I told him they were for sure kills not covered under war.
He was issued 300 rounds. I say call them back home let D.C. Handle their own mess.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by dSmith_45

No kidding. I can think of countless situations in the past where I would rather have been bedded down in a parking garage in DC.

Still, I get the disrespect, and the fact that, at heart, most Dems despise the military. Bill Clinton actually got caught using those precise words in the 1990s.

As they say.
It can always get worse (all least it wasn't raining)

But when hotel occupancy is at an all time low...the way they were treated in downtown DC was nuts...
They were sleeping on marble floors from the beginning...
Ya think that there wasn't a decent supply of cost somewhere around D.C.?
Say the Armory, Anacostia, Andrews.....
Some background, and then my comment. I served 3 years Regular Army (1980-1983) as a radio operator, but I spent 2 years with a nuclear missile battery, and then my last 6 months with the 3/7th 197th Infantry Brigade. Couldn't get into flight school for choppers, so I went Army National Guard 125th Infantry.

After Desert Storm I got married and joined up with the Air National Guard, and did 22 years with them.

I can only speak to my units, but the Guard units I was with were very good. I know this because every year we were evaluated by active duty units (the 125th was assigned to the 101st Air Mobile, and they consistently gave us high marks).

The Guardsmen I served with were highly motivated and well trained (all credit to the NCO corps there). Most of us took the job very seriously, although every organization has its slackers and skaters.

Those Guardsmen who were summoned to Rome to protect Nero probably looked at the deployment as a bag of excrement, but they went and to all accounts have served nobly. Even as they were treated poorly.

Should it come to civil war (God Almighty please no), I wager the majority of the Guard will side with the constitutional patriots.
I've been in the Air National Guard for 24 years

1 we follow orders
2 we also think for ourselves and arn't going to shoot unarmed people, which would be an unlawful order
3 putting Army in a garage isn't the worse place I've seen them. They had a roof over their head
4 number 3 is why i joined the Air National Guard
I think the humiliation was deliberate. To show them they are beneath the ruling class liberals. And they need to do what they're fugging told.
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by CBB

The people that still think that police and military will do anything other than follow orders, are willfully naive, and idealistically ignorant. The entire culture of the military and LE is setup around the conditioning of following orders. Stop with the “but they took an oath”. Yes they did. And none of them can recite it, or know what it means.

You guys have an idealized image of the patriotic soldier that doesn’t actually exist.

LOL.

It's always easy to see the quality of the troops one served with.

May those chains rest lightly.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.
Originally Posted by Savageguy
If they were issued the same ammo as they were during Katrina it was hollow points, my oldest son called as they leaving for New Orleans and asked why hollow points and I told him they were for sure kills not covered under war.
He was issued 300 rounds. I say call them back home let D.C. Handle their own mess.

Mms
.223 pin holes making sure kills on a spread a vital area as a human...I don't recall how ugly think we're in Katrina, but yesh what an ugly rational. It's domestic, Geneva Convention doesn't apply.

Thanks to all of you veterans (and still serving ) who chimed in. For your contribution and your service.
I don't think whoever called the shots could have done more to drive voters away from the left if they had made a conscious effort.
Perhaps Rock Chuck will get some truth/insight as to how they were treated from his daughter. From where I stand it doesn't look like there was a inspiring leader in charge....
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by CBB

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

Your average National Guard troop and their immediate leadership may be more grounded than you think. It's just possible they are still the farmer soldiers that they have always been. Joined up for a variety of reasons but the decimation of America is likely not one. Opinion from someone that has no reason to know...for that you should contact the PAO. I will say that for a typical guard unit it would be a lot easier to walk away, then it would be to take down a family member, friend, neighbor.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by CBB

Was it (surrender your magazines) ordered by Pelosi? While DJT still CiC? The who does matter. Particularly as it is a common order in a coup.

Piglosi can't give the military the order to turn in there magazines

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

How are the quality of troops you serve with?

I’m not guessing in what I wrote. There are certain orgs and units that have a tendency to be rebellious, and you can and will see dissension there. But they are small. If you think a private in the 2nd MARDIV or a private in a Ranger battalion is going to tell their squad leader to pound sand regardless of what the subject is, you’re out of touch with reality, and have never been in or worked with units.
Shooting on the range with retired dudes, or even people currently from select units, is not the same as being in and seeing what happens day to day- even in such units. Doubly so in the conventional military. There’s no magic here. Critical thinking and and refusing stupid orders isn’t something people just have when it really counts. It has to be taught, fostered and allowed to be used. It is the exact opposite of what basic and military life is structured for. Almost anyone that can think critically is not functional in most of the military. There’s so much ignorant stuff that happens every day, that those types of people either get out, get chaptered out, or in very few cases move to places where individuality is somewhat tolerated.

Everyone has this picture that it’s going to be peaceful citizens just minding their own business and all of a sudden the 3rd ID is going to be ordered to round them up and shoot them. That’s ridiculous and ignores all history. The military is just another group (like police, conservatives, liberals, etc) that can and will quickly fall into “us versus them”. All it will take is for a couple of soldiers to get injured guarding some stupid event due to citizens trying to protest, or otherwise contest it, and you will see it. All the cops and Guardsmen that have been out and dealing with riots and protests all year didn’t standby and watch it happen because they believe in the right to protest. They stood by because the were told to. Had they been told to end it, they would have.
I was their for the 1984 version of this ..we slept in all our gear with riot sticks..in the halls of the treasury building....o yea, the veting was ....get the f up and on the bus !

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

I’m not guessing in what I wrote. There are certain orgs and units that have a tendency to be rebellious, and you can and will see dissension there. But they are small. If you think a private in the 2nd MARDIV or a private in a Ranger battalion is going to tell their squad leader to pound sand regardless of what the subject is, you’re out of touch with reality, and have never been in or worked with units.
Shooting on the range with retired dudes, or even people currently from select units, is not the same as being in and seeing what happens day to day- even in such units. Doubly so in the conventional military. There’s no magic here. Critical thinking and and refusing stupid orders isn’t something people just have when it really counts. It has to be taught, fostered and allowed to be used. It is the exact opposite of what basic and military life is structured for. Almost anyone that can think critically is not functional in most of the military. There’s so much ignorant stuff that happens every day, that those types of people either get out, get chaptered out, or in very few cases move to places where individuality is somewhat tolerated.

Everyone has this picture that it’s going to be peaceful citizens just minding their own business and all of a sudden the 3rd ID is going to be ordered to round them up and shoot them. That’s ridiculous and ignores all history. The military is just another group (like police, conservatives, liberals, etc) that can and will quickly fall into “us versus them”. All it will take is for a couple of soldiers to get injured guarding some stupid event due to citizens trying to protest, or otherwise contest it, and you will see it. All the cops and Guardsmen that have been out and dealing with riots and protests all year didn’t standby and watch it happen because they believe in the right to protest. They stood by because the were told to. Had they been told to end it, they would have.

Roger That Surrender Monkey..

Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21

LOL.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

John likes to hire or hang out with former military, to make himself feel like a badazz. And he talks out his bad azz.....
Originally Posted by Akbob5

John likes to hire or hang out with former military, to make himself feel like a badazz. And he talks out his bad azz.....

I am former Mil.

Just Sayin.

I got this today. It's funny.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I was an E5 in the 2nd Mar Div, and most certainly had PFCs and Lance Criminals tell me to "to pound sand" at times. When yelling and more PT didn't work the MPs got involved real quick, but it did happen. There are a LOT of undisciplined troops these days, or at least in my day in the mid 2000's.

Aside from that, I think a certain percentage of troops would follow orders to shoot protestors if such an order was given, but a bigger percentage would also hesitate if they weren't in immediate danger. I honestly don't know what the hell I would have done in that situation, but despite some lack of discipline most all Marines I served with had good enough judgment to decipher whether shooting into a crowd of Americans would've been a lawful order or not, and would have acted accordingly. I suspect most would have refused if they weren't actively being attacked because they are smart enough to decipher lawful orders from unlawful ones; and had balls enough to refuse the unlawful ones if those ever came (which I never saw happen).
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I think the humiliation was deliberate. To show them they are beneath the ruling class liberals. And they need to do what they're fugging told.

You put your finger on it.
I don't think I knew anyone who I served with during my reserve/guard time complain about having to sleep on concrete for the night...
Lord knows I've done it multiple times....dirt was normally softer....

As far as shooting non violent citizens, if I would have discharged a weapon, it would have been way over their heads with something as a back stop if at all possible... but I was never put in that situation....

If you were in that type of duty in Portland or Seattle and were given that order, while antifa or BLM was running wild and doing what they do...
then if ordered to shoot, what would you do then?

but hey, my main job was medical.... I signed up to patch people up instead of shooting them.... but I'd have had no issue using my weapon on people who were not Americans, or were a threat to my nation.....or our citizens...
There will be a false flag type event in the near future to try to turn the military against the right or Trump supporters. It could be as simple as seeding a right wing protest with arm leftists and having them fire on law enforcement triggering a return fire. Whatever it is it will be more than it seems.

I still think leftist agitators played a role in inciting the Jan 6th errection.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
There will be a false flag type event in the near future to try to turn the military against the right or Trump supporters. It could be as simple as seeding a right wing protest with arm leftists and having them fire on law enforcement triggering a return fire. Whatever it is it will be more than it seems.

I still think leftist agitators played a role in inciting the Jan 6th errection.

Bb

Once this is done it will be all out war. Trump supporters are tire of being [bleep] on. It will not take much. People in this country are sick of democrats lying and trying to make this communist country. They will act soon with or without trump. Trump is not needed anymore the people are wake and mad.
If you are in the Military and you think its your job to protect corrupt politicians, get out.
I have served with deployed Guardsmen many, many, many times and I have never seen any of them given ammo while stateside.

Not once.

Their comprehension of the Fourth Amendment was somewhere between 1 or 2 out of 10. Maybe. They are usually a presence and nothing more. They do not go hands on and they sure as fugk don't arrest anybody.

Gitdafugkouttahere with this schit.
Good to see ya posting.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

You put your finger on it.

No doubt about it!
Originally Posted by deflave
I have served with deployed Guardsmen many, many, many times and I have never seen any of them given ammo while stateside.

Not once.

Their comprehension of the Fourth Amendment was somewhere between 1 or 2 out of 10. Maybe. They are usually a presence and nothing more. They do not go hands on and they sure as fugk don't arrest anybody.

So they don't qualify with live rounds..Just ask'n..

Lol
Originally Posted by logcutter

Not once.

Lol

I’ve never seen one qualify so couldn’t say.

But I have seen them deployed, and they weren’t given 300 rounds.

LOL
So the over 9000 deployed to Vietnam were without ammo..Humm..No wonder so many died..

Thanks for the update on the national guard and empty firearms..

Confused lol
Mike Slabaugh remembers a patrol in April 1969, when he traded positions with another member of the unit — a guy named Bob Smith.

"He wasn't there for 20 seconds, he got shot in the head," Slabaugh says. "And uh, we carried him to the chopper and gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but it was — he was gone."

Four men from his unit, including Smith, died during the year they saw combat. Their guard unit was one of the most decorated of the war: Its soldiers earned 19 Silver Stars, among the military's highest awards for valor.

Confused and dazed..LOL
Logcutter, stop while you're "ahead".
Just stop.

Not once.

Lol

There's a big difference.

NG isn't allowed or ordered to shoot wetbacks.

NG IS allowed to shoot conservatives.
It's no secret that the National Guard played a large role in the war on terror. Guard and Reserve units made up about 45 percent of the total force sent to Iraq and Afghanistan, and received about 18.4 percent of the casualties.

LOL
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21

I am former Mil.

Just Sayin.

I got this today. It's funny.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I will humbly stand corrected on the Mil comment. Talking sh*t still stands. Buying you way still stands. And you’re obviously a lib supporter or you wouldn’t be pandering to Bernie (that’s a joke).
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just stop.

Logcuter,Jayco A
E-5
48657XXX

LOL
Posted By: ingwe Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21
I think the NG did err. They took an oath to defend the constitution , and they had a perfect opportunity to do so while they had that batch of traitors surrounded.

Could have easily staged a coup then and there...instead they left it up to others to do later, because it will have to be done.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I think the NG did err. They took an oath to defend the constitution , and they had a perfect opportunity to do so while they had that batch of traitors surrounded.

Could have easily staged a coup then and there...instead they left it up to others to do later, because it will have to be done.

Ummm..They also have to follow orders and the coup you talk about,will never happen..

Jayco

Bb

Big difference in Right Wing and Trump supporters, not to the haters of the Republic and the Founding of it of course...

The choice as to what is more important is upon us in spades, reading comprehension is important. The cosntitutions are the true law. Statutes passed by politicians are sumply regs enforced by guns when they contravien the Constitutions.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21
If they were doing their constitutional duty, they would have been ordered to come through the capitol and take everyone inside and outside into custody, including the 3 singers.

😅😅🤣
The Joint Chiefs of Staff consist of the Chairman, the Vice Chairman, the Chief of Staff of the Army, the Chief of Naval Operations, the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Chief of the National Guard Bureau and the Chief of Space Operations.

I am curious how this coup is going to work?Will everyone agree with the chairman or will others disagree and not participate or fight against it?..Army against the Navy or the space force against all the others?

how will it play out since so many say it is coming?

Jayco
Posted By: 79S Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just stop.

Logcuter,Jayco A
E-5
48657XXX

LOL

Oh chit I guess we better salute you now.. Ol buck sergeant is in the scene..
Oh chit I guess we better salute you now.. Ol buck sergeant is in the scene..

Nope,I actually finished the same as John Burns..E-1..(Howdy John)..LOL

Jayco
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
300 rounds?!?

typical load out. ten 30 round mags

Trump was the CIC of the DC Nat Guard until 12:00.

I wonder how close he was to Calling the Ball?

I will humbly stand corrected on the Mil comment. Talking sh*t still stands. Buying you way still stands. And you’re obviously a lib supporter or you wouldn’t be pandering to Bernie (that’s a joke).

How much do you think it cost me to buy my way onto Kyle's podcast to talk sh*t with Jerry Miculek and Lynn Ashley?

https://kylelamb.libsyn.com/

Posted By: las Re: Did the National Guard err? - 01/23/21

Bb

Worked in Poland for the Nazis.
I commanded an infantry detachment in the NG, after the regular army.

They would not shoot peaceful protestors. Will not happen. Nobody thinks that; and NO officer would give that order.

2. They were armed for two reasons:

A. To let everyone out there know that they were a hard target and dissuade rational people and most irrational people too;

B. In case some idiot group opened up or they had to bring down a large vehicle barreling through checkpoints. They would need to gain fire superiority.

Do I think a platoon in a given location would have unloaded several hundred or even a couple thousand rounds if a couple of idiots opened up on them in a direct firefight? YES.
The national guard get's a bad rap on the internet because most don't have a clue about them

North Dakota's 164th Infantry Regiment, sent to reinforce the U.S. Marines on Guadalcanal in October 1942, was the first U.S. Army regiment to fight on the offensive in World War II

Jayco
So the over 9000 deployed to Vietnam were without ammo..Humm..No wonder so many died..

Thanks for the update on the national guard and empty firearms..

Confused lol

Are you blind drunk?
Are you blind drunk?

I wish...Been a while

Jayco 👍

I meant about surrendering their Ammunition..

Not that New Hampshire, in addition to Texas and Floridians has now (yesterday) recalled their troops.

Per the National Guard inauguration task force Commander G..Burkhead
Capitol Police, watch Commander Authorized the guard to reenter the capitol.

So the guard were put under the Command of the Capitol Police?
The Head of whom was forced to resign....
Starting to look like a big shell game to me...

I love stories Privates tell.
laugh

We were issued Dum Dum rounds Pa Pa!

Read her words clearly and carefully.

Note that little Ms. National Guard was not sweating "Not following Orders".

She was not worried about the consequences of UCMJ.

NOPE

The thought process is clear as day.

If they require her to use those 300 rounds against Americans, she is going to do it. Plain and simple.

She may not like it, but she is going to do it.

Read her words clearly and carefully.

Note that little Ms. National Guard was not sweating "Not following Orders".

She was not worried about the consequences of UCMJ.

NOPE

The thought process is clear as day.

If they require her to use those 300 rounds against Americans, she is going to do it. Plain and simple.

She may not like it, but she is going to do it.

To be fair E-3s in the Nat Guard are not going to save the world.

We had better hope Nat Guard Chain of Command is unphucked at a much higher level than E-3..

Time Will Tell.
I have refrained from comment about the the NG for fear of hurting feelings. On TV, they look like soldiers. In reality, 90%of them look like Oprha, only shorter.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I have refrained from comment about the the NG for fear of hurting feelings. On TV, they look like soldiers. In reality, 90%of them look like Oprha, only shorter.

LOL.

Except those who have been deeply involved in GWOT for the past 2 decades.

Pretty much all of them are honed to a sharp edge.

We better hope they uphold the oath.

I am optimistic. whistle

Grin,

You mean like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The reason I took the pic was that the hungry hungry hippo female E-7 had her Beretta literally duct taped into the shoulder holster.

There was no way to physically remove it, short of cutting it out. I tried to get a good pic, but a young Marine got in the way of the photo opportunity. The Marine actually had his rifle squared away. No surprise there.

The odds of that woman passing a PT test, or being useful in the event of an attack were less than zero. Sadly that was a pretty common sight back in the 2007-2010 time frame.

Probably 20% are former active duty and many with combat experience. Even 1/4 of a platoon firing as they have been drilled will cause the others to follow suit. It’s human nature.
Best Ranger competition......

FORT BENNING, Ga., - The Army National Guard made a strong showing in the 27th annual David E. Grange Jr. Best Ranger Competition here last weekend, with three teams competing against the active duty Ranger representatives.

The teams were represented by Maj. Jamison Kirby and Sgt. 1st Class Robert Hoffnagle of the Army National Guard Warrior Training Center, Capt. Robert May and 1st Sgt. Kevin Dylus of the North Carolina Army National Guard, and Capt. Christopher Ahlemeyer and Staff Sgt. Robert Tobin of the Rhode Island Army National Guard.

The competition started with 40 teams, and by the start of the third day, only 25 teams remained. Of those 25, two were National Guard teams.

"These teams represented the National Guard very well. We usually don't see a lot of National Guard teams," said Capt. John Vickery, Best Ranger Competition project officer. "Two of them finished, and the other came really close. We are really proud of the National Guard this year."

Jayco😀

No Opera's here..National Guard teams finishing in the top 15 of 60 teams of active duty Rangers..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jayco LOL
© 24hourcampfire