Home
I thought we should see who is willing to receive Stumpy for a funny photo-op. smile

Let's shoot for all 50 States. This thread is only for anyone wanting to participate voluntarily in their home state.

If someone more talented than I could make some kind of spread sheet to keep track of all of this.

I will represent Wa State. Any better ideas are welcomed.
Northern Dave is nominated for Minnesota
Sign me up for MI.
Originally Posted by goalie
Northern Dave is nominated for Minnesota

Hasn't Stumpy already suffered enough of MN, that is afterall where he was created......
Idaho here.
The high desert and mountains of Kommiefornia here.

Although, our State is so diverse I can share it with someone in the low desert, beaches, coast ranges, "the Valley", or even LaLaland (Stubs does Disneyland?, Hollyweird?)
I nominate PAHick for Pennsylvania. Either a pic with one of his Hoe's or a pic with a bunch of bologna.
I'd host him for Oregon if you want.
WTF is "Stumpy"?

This ain't about KG's butchered shotgun, is it?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Um, no.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
WTF is "Stumpy"?

This ain't about KG's butchered shotgun, is it?
Originally Posted by kingston

Um, no.

Deep. Wound.
I'm telling ya right now if you let Travis get ahold of it he'll make a cock ring out of it.

Um, no.

I didn't want to seem too earnest.

April for some Tn turkey hunting and other things.
Lol!!!
I’d be happy to take stumpy on an adventure or two. I can cover Washington and Hawaii if timed right and then I’ll send him on down to the next lucky fella.
Stumpy don't surf...
North Dakota right here!
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
North Dakota right here!

That’s the spirit.
I’ll take him for a little adventure here in Montana
Can stumpy be modified?

Add a bowl for kush or crack...

I think participation in the Stumpy tour would be High.
Haha, little
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Can stumpy be modified?

Add a bowl for kush or crack...

I think participation in the Stumpy tour would be High.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I’m out.
Looking at this thread and the other, I casually count guys from around a dozen states up for having a go at this. I think it could make for a fun distraction, being able to see pics and read descriptions from guys toting Stubbs along on outings in lots of different places doing various fun and interesting things.

Years ago I was part of a similar gig with a knife that originally belonged to a recently departed member in an online group I was part of. I think the gent was out of BC. At least that's how I remember it. Anyway, that custom knife made it to not only many US states and CAN provinces but also to a few countries around the world if I recall correctly, including Australia, and places in Europe and Africa. I used to to gut my cinnamon bear in SE Alaska with, actually, before sending it on to the next fellow. That was in 2002. It was really cool seeing pics with that blade with shots from many different parts of the world. If there's enough interest I'd be pleased to start it off next week and then send it to the next fella.

Folks have expressed willingness to represent/drag Stubbs so far in:

WA
TN
MI
MN
ND
HI
MT
CA
TX
OR
PA
MA
ME
NH
ID

Any others feel like taking part, please do chime in.

P.S. I'm not going to make any silly rules as far as what gets done with Stubbs when in others' possession, but I'd appreciate it not being used to smoke rock with, or for any other illicit and/or deviant purposes for that matter. If it does make it on a long journey around the country--and maybe more-- and back, I'm thinking of hanging it on a wall on a little plaque or something. "Made and sold. Used and loved. Gifted and stolen, abused and returned. Traveleved thousands of miles and brought smiles to many men, even in death. Never let the bastards grind you down!" I'd be sad if it got seized from the post office after some drug dog sniffed out some residue in it...

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’d be happy to take stumpy on an adventure or two. I can cover Washington and Hawaii if timed right and then I’ll send him on down to the next lucky fella.

If you can get it .
I think Rooster7 wants ta be 1st in the chute??

Can ya get it too me after his Hawaii adventure in mid april ish.
I can send him to the next member.

Kamo of course gotta get the ball rolling.

LOL!!!
Add me in for NJ....technically South Jersey. We voted to secede from North Jersey in 1980 but they wouldn’t allow it.
I would take the little fella here after 1 July on horseback.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Looking at this thread and the other, I casually count guys from around a dozen states up for having a go at this. I think it could make for a fun distraction, being able to see pics and read descriptions from guys toting Stubbs along on outings in lots of different places doing various fun and interesting things.

Years ago I was part of a similar gig with a knife that originally belonged to a recently departed member in an online group I was part of. I think the gent was out of BC. At least that's how I remember it. Anyway, that custom knife made it to not only many US states and CAN provinces but also to a few countries around the world if I recall correctly, including Australia, and places in Europe and Africa. I used to to gut my cinnamon bear in SE Alaska with, actually, before sending it on to the next fellow. That was in 2002. It was really cool seeing pics with that blade with shots from many different parts of the world. If there's enough interest I'd be pleased to start it off next week and then send it to the next fella.

WA
TN
MI
MN
ND
HI
MT
CA
TX
OR
PA
MA
ME
NH
ID

P.S. I'm not going to make any silly rules as far as what gets done with Stubbs when in others' possession, but I'd appreciate it not being used to smoke rock with, or for any other illicit and/or deviant purposes for that matter. If it does make it on a long journey around the country--and maybe more-- and back, I'm thinking of hanging it on a wall on a little plaque or something. "Made and sold. Used and loved. Gifted and stolen, abused and returned. Traveleved thousands of miles and brought smiles to many men, even in death. Never let the bastards grind you down!" I'd be sad if it got seized from the post office after some drug dog sniffed out some residue in it...

I see NH is apparently covered...........so I'll volunteer to do a NH/OH combo. I promise to take it to spots in NH most wouldn't.
Tx here in summer we'll make a trip to the island, fish, and girls.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

If you can get it .
I think Rooster7 wants ta be 1st in the chute??

Can ya get it too me after his Hawaii adventure in mid april ish.
I can send him to the next member.

Kamo of course gotta get the ball rolling.

LOL!!!

Absolutely! I’d be happy to send it on to the next guy and would do so as expeditiously as needed, I wouldn’t want stubby to miss out on a Turkey hunt. 👍
OK, who, or what is, "Stumpy"?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
OK, who, or what is, "Stumpy"?

Where's your sense of adventure wabi, just say "Yes to Stumpy!" and start living the dream.
I can take a Wyoming leg. I also could hand it off in person in western Nebraska or in Colorado as far south as Denver.
Originally Posted by NH K9

I see NH is apparently covered...........so I'll volunteer to do a NH/OH combo. I promise to take it to spots in NH most wouldn't.

Hey bud. Actually, I was going to cover NH and whack off 3 states from the 50 (as you know my house is less than a mile from NH), but no rules about how many times a state can be featured. When is your hog hunt? Be cool to have you do NH as a native and then maybe get some shots with hair/blood in TX before sending it on from there. I'd like to see RenJustice50, ND,Rooster and Aces and all the other lads interested in on the game.

I've got a shack booked for smelt in Maine off the Kennebec next Wed night, so was going to get a shot of Stubbs with some wee fish from there, maybe a shot or two from MA and then pass the baton. Literally and figuratively.

Hey IB, those falls are *spectacular*. "But damn, be sure to watch your step, and I'm not kidding", he said to his buddy with a good buzz on...

WA
TN
MI
MN
ND
HI
MT
CA
TX
OR
PA
MA
ME
NH
ID

I'm sure someone could make an appropriate welding art final resting place for Stubb's.......
Originally Posted by NH K9

Hey bud. Actually, I was going to cover NH and whack off 3 states from the 50 (as you know my house is less than a mile from NH), but no rules about how many times a state can be featured. When is your hog hunt? Be cool to have you do NH as a native and then maybe get some shots with hair/blood in TX before sending it on from there. I'd like to see RenJustice50, ND,Rooster and Aces and all the other lads interested in on the game.

I've got a shack booked for smelt in Maine off the Kennebec next Wed night, so was going to get a shot of Stubbs with some wee fish from there, maybe a shot or two from MA and then pass the baton. Literally and figuratively.

Hey IB, those falls are *spectacular*. "But damn, be sure to watch your step, and I'm not kidding", he said to his buddy with a good buzz on...

Once it makes the rounds as "Stubby/Stumpy" maybe it should be used to San-Mai a knife blade then make the rounds again.....
What if Stumpy don't leave? laugh
Keep it away from the turd burglar in TN. He’ll use it like a dil do
Fred, Fred could put Stumpy up! laugh
STUMPY’S NATIONWIDE TOUR

Tickets available soon.
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.

That list you send out will be in English/Latin alphabet?

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!
I can do NM if one of the more seasoned and gentlemanly members of our esteemed state don't want to do it. They got rank and class that I lack.
What if Stumpy don't leave? laugh

As long as it's not sent to your buddy GG, I don't anticipate there being any issues with trusting the men here--even ones who don't necessarily know each other-- to be able to play a game and resist the temptation to somehow profit through deceit and theft.
So this is 'Elf on the shelf' version 2021?
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I can do NM if one of the more seasoned and gentlemanly members of our esteemed state don't want to do it. They got rank and class that I lack.

If this caper is to involve any 'rank' or measure of 'class' I'm scrapping the whole shebang right now. What fun is there in *that* nonsense?
Is stumpy kinda like that Half naked big black guy?
For MOtown, there's a green room on a river in the ozarks I been wantin ta visit, if there's no other MO offers.

How does stumpy look, in green?
I'm game for Utah, I would even try to get together with Tikkanut down south and have him show us some of his desert country.
Does Big Stick know he's going on tour?
I’ll take it for Georgia
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thoughts welcome.

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

Hold into the Google translate!!!
SockPuppet, we still have our place in NM but now live over in AZ - you will do it well for NM if you want it.

Lot of good Campfire guys here in the SW - most of them in AZ - so Stumpy would be hosted and handled well here. Probably better if someone in a more metro area did it in AZ, but I sure will if needed.
Thanks Kamo !
Shaping up nicely. So far, looks like we have people from 19 states, with some duplicates.

AZ
AK
CA
GA
HI
ID
MA
ME
MI
MN
MO
MT
ND
NH
OR
TN
PA
TX
WA

"Stumpy", and most all on this crazy place are welcome to fish Wabigoon Lake with me, But first we have to be able to get to Canada.
"Stumpy", and most all on this crazy place are welcome to fish Wabigoon Lake with me, But first we have to be able to get to Canada.

Not trying to be mean spirited here, honestly, but are you sure that your friend would appreciate your taking part? Not sure you're seeing the big picture here... Unless you're acting as an agent to kill our fun. "There I was, ready to snap a pic of Stubbs and a nice walleye, when I slipped and Stubbs went over the rail into 60' of water...'

After this whole thing I'm all suspicious of everyone and everything, day and night. It's terrible. "Hey, cute and sweet little puppy you got there, lady! Wait, is this damned thing wearing a wire under its collar?"

wink

Not trying to be mean spirited here, honestly, but are you sure that your friend would appreciate your taking part? Not sure you're seeing the big picture here... Unless you're acting as an agent to kill our fun. "There I was, ready to snap a pic of Stubbs and a nice walleye, when I slipped and Stubbs went over the rail into 60' of water...'

After this whole thing I'm all suspicious of everyone and everything, day and night. It's terrible. "Hey, cute and sweet little puppy you got there, lady! Wait, is this damned thing wearing a wire under its collar?"

wink

blush

Kind of makes you seem two-faced. One on hand you are pledging prayers , support and devotion to your ‘friend’ and then on the other, you are willing to participate in hosting Stubby, the product of an act of betrayed trust and misdirection of donated items kept for oneself.

Are you in or out?
Wabi, are you good friends with GG ?
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

On this forum, I never had any problem.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Kind of makes you seem two-faced. One on hand you are pledging prayers , support and devotion to your ‘friend’ and then on the other, you are willing to participate in hosting Stubby, the product of an act of betrayed trust and misdirection of donated items kept for oneself.

Are you in or out?

Originally Posted by slumlord

Are you in or out?

I don't thinks thats going to happen soon .
MO here. snd happen to own a private range. Set up for NRA silhouette too. Test the off hand skill ...
Taking a camping trip mid August, Minnesota west to Idaho/ California. Willing to take him with and drop him off with another member
Originally Posted by chris_c
Taking a camping trip mid August, Minnesota west to Idaho/ California. Willing to take him with and drop him off with another member

We golfing??? We could take pics with the cart girl and Stumps!!!

That would work
Shaping up nicely. So far, looks like we have people from 19 states, with some duplicates.

AZ
AK
CA
GA
HI
ID
MA
ME
MI
MN
MO
MT
ND
NH
OR
TN
PA
TX
WA

Hey, not trying to be a pain, but I did previously volunteer to do Wyoming with possible side trips. My wife is doing a 24 hour race in Colorado in April and I could do a photo op at the original Cabelas in Sidney, NE. I also can get to UT or SD if necessary. If you get better offers, I am cool with that.
Nothing whatsoever to do w/better offers. I'd love and hope anyone who wants to take a run with the baton do so. All good, man. I look forward to your--and everyone else's contributions. I hope to get this thing rolling by the end of next week. Stay tuned to this bat channel...

Caddyshack II 12Ga driver Jackie Mason style.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

On this forum, I never had any problem.

Translation: 'no'. Got zero beef with you, Wabi, but seemed a lot like you avoided the man's simple question. Care to share as to why? Speaking of why, have you or any of his supporters asked yourselves why a wrongfully accused man wouldn't jump on and with fire in his heart start defending himself against such heinous accusations and damned dirty lies? Not important, since most now get what happened. Free bit of advice though, as you seem like a pigeon easily raked: don't give your cc and ss# out over the phone to random callers.
I would be happy to take north east
Texas!
I got Alabama covered.

AZ
AK
CA
GA
HI
ID
MA
ME
MI
MN
MO
MT
ND
NH
OR
TN
PA
TX
WA

We're @ 20 Add AL. [bleep]. Knew a total madman out of 'Mo-bill' way back and when asked what part of the south he hailed from would sigh then say, 'ALABAMA [bleep]!' wink
^that was GD it above^ Hadn't realized RB was so religious...
I wish he had more of a problem with racism.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

FWIW, I can say that years ago I'd have wholeheartedly agreed. My stance has changed over the years, however. I came to realize that restricting 'hateful' speech is a double-edged sword and does no god. Furthermore, I like letting people say what they believe. It makes things simpler, learning where a man stands...

You want more racism ?
Originally Posted by horse1

Caddyshack II 12Ga driver Jackie Mason style.

Minnesota "caddyshack II" Date and place? I am in Mn Late May, June July Aug. camping trip west mid August.

Who else is in?

Minnesota "caddyshack II" Date and place? I am in Mn Late May, June July Aug. camping trip west mid August.

Who else is in?

I'm a member at Minnetonka Sportsman's on 15 by Mound.

We could shoot, take pictures, then go to Timber Creek right up the road and golf.

Yes, take away free speech, that'll solve racism. Go. Fuqk. Yourself.

Who else is in?

I'm a member at Minnetonka Sportsman's on 15 by Mound.

We could shoot, take pictures, then go to Timber Creek right up the road and golf.

Shooting, golf, beer cart girl, what day for stumpy

Um, no.

I couldn’t guarantee the condition Stumps will be in after a harsh coastal weather hunt.

I suggest a think layer of Cerakote before arriving to protect his pristine blueing.

🦫
I freely admit to being totally ignorant , it's because I live under a rock. What the heck is a "Stumpy" ?

From the title of the thread, I though you guys were going to have a contest measuring your peckers. whistle
Originally Posted by jnyork
I freely admit to being totally ignorant , it's because I live under a rock. What the heck is a "Stumpy" ?

From the title of the thread, I though you guys were going to have a contest measuring your peckers. whistle

As far as I can tell, it's a cabin fever thread.

if you don't want to go through the whole tread start about the middle, reading the whole thing will give context though.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15836574/re-update#Post15836574
If Stump, or anyone goes fishing with me, first rule is, I Don't start the Merc until everyone has a PFD buckled on.
If Stump, or anyone goes fishing with me, first rule is, I Don't start the Merc until everyone has a PFD buckled on.

What the...? You practicing your Joe Biden impersonation now? 9uckin' A dude you know where you are? Not on a dock!
I will be through the Brainerd Lakes Area at least twice this Summer.

Would love to get a snap with Stumpy & the Offender together.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Thoughts welcome.

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

I think k_g and I are OK. He cool and all, down with the jokin' .

As for that translate thing..................it would have to be a different source................I don't do the "G" thing..................I think it's on the Campfire Boycott V.2021 ........................If not on the list......................I still don't like them
Originally Posted by add
I will be through the Brainerd Lakes Area at least twice this Summer.

Would love to get a snap with Stumpy & the Offender together.

Ooh ooh.......................

Hell to the yeah???

Not sure Leighton want's to take that risk though. Stumpy might get disappeared or some such.
Add Colorado to the list. I'll take a turn.

Thoughts welcome.

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

As for that translate thing..................it would have to be a different source................I don't do the "G" thing..................I think it's on the Campfire Boycott V.2021 ........................If not on the list......................I still don't like them

Well, truth is I've been brooding since reading Geno's hate-speechee. Plus, any man who can't recognize the pure culinary magnificence of fresh fried sea-run smelt is, well, just weird. You may now consider yourself added to the KG list of possible suspectees. Along with Waffle9oon...
I know a guy in NY
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I know a guy in NY

Does he sport a tan? wink
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I know a guy in NY

And just like that, the Boston-Rochester familia is born...The day may come when my family comes to yours in need of a favor...

Thoughts welcome.

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

Well, truth is I've been brooding since reading Geno's hate-speechee. Plus, any man who can't recognize the pure culinary magnificence of fresh fried sea-run smelt is, well, just weird. You may now consider yourself added to the KG list of possible suspectees. Along with Waffle9oon...

I need a run over to the coast for some night or day smelt. Ours spawn in the surf, pretty sure they'll be starting soon, next month maybe? And I might be able to get some surfperch too.

There really is nothing like some fresh fried smelt. Some fresh fried surfperch is pretty god too. And maybe I can get to my favorite mussel rocks while there.
Anyone have a picture of Stumpy? How shall we know him?

As far as I can tell, it's a cabin fever thread.

Uh, no. Aces, when is departure for HI, please? Trying to figure out timing. I figure HI is one of the hardest states to cross off the list so want to get the baton in your paws for that if you're still game. We're now at 22 states with reps willing to represent. Any other interested players, please sound off.

WA
TN
MI
MN
ND
HI
MT
CA
TX
OR
PA
MA
ME
NH
ID

I'm sure someone could make an appropriate welding art final resting place for Stubb's.......

I'd be pleased as hell with that, dude. Consider yourself commissioned once this puppy makes the rounds and eventually boomerangs back here (big assumption but a man's gotta' hold on to his dreams, right? wink )

Ever seen 3/4" ID pipe?
grin

Stumpy

Stumpy

And *I* get called mean!

Stumpy

And just like that, Waffligoon felt dirty. Very, very dirty, and maybe even a little deceived. Just a guess, though. I don't open links from Kingston anymore. Even money there's a cellie from the depths or hell pictured with Cheetos dust involved. Shot in the dark. And I do mean dark!

Stumpy

Well played.

Stumpy

And just like that, Waffligoon felt dirty. Very, very dirty, and maybe even a little deceived. Just a guess, though. I don't open links from Kingston anymore. Even money there's a cellie from the depths or hell pictured with Cheetos dust involved. Shot in the dark. And I do mean dark!

ha ha!
He sent me the National guard activation train video. Highlarious.
When Stumpy visits Michigan he should be brought to Denny’s big shindig. (Coopersville get together)
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
When Stumpy visits Michigan he should be brought to Denny’s big shindig. (Coopersville get together)

^^^This^^^
Sounds like a plan. Ol' 12344mag is going to fondle Kingston's new found Big 10, so he might as well see what he can do with Stumpy. Pics forthcoming. Might be posted on Pornhub first.

Stumpy

And *I* get called mean!

You are, that's why you get called that.

Kingston's just meaner..............

and completely incorrigible. Unrepentant even. Ne'er do well.
I'll take him for a ride in the Skylark.

I'm still unsure what to make of you, Roy. Despite your getting bashed and my feeling bad for you, when I've reached out to you extending the old olive branch you've ignored me. Not saying you're GG caliber shytbird, but I feel like the kid on the playground who stuck up for you but later heard you talk smack. As such, I approve your incessant flogging, I'm afraid. Ay yo, 'Flave, where you at, playa?

Stumpy

Bastard!!!
This is the only picture I have of Stumpy .
[Linked Image]
So this Stumpy , just how tall/short is this Stumpy fellow.

More importantly, does' he like his chili with beans?

Ice in whisky?

Good Morning Stumpy, where ever you are.
aye, Stumpy, we barely knew thew.

I'm still unsure what to make of you, Roy. Despite your getting bashed and my feeling bad for you, when I've reached out to you extending the old olive branch you've ignored me. Not saying you're GG caliber shytbird, but I feel like the kid on the playground who stuck up for you but later heard you talk smack. As such, I approve your incessant flogging, I'm afraid. Ay yo, 'Flave, where you at, playa?

Good call, again, L !
Say what Paul, should we treat Stumpy to a Molson at the Wabigoon Tavern?
I had no idea... WoW!

Reminds me of the guy that "died" and a bunch of us sent stuff to his "son" only to have SKane sniff him out. Never forget getting the stuff back and having absolutely no clue wtf was going on until SKane filled me in. Lots of crazy sheit gone down here on the 'fire over the years!
© 24hourcampfire