Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I wish he had more of a problem with racism.

Yes, take away free speech, that'll solve racism. Go. Fuqk. Yourself.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by chris_c

Minnesota "caddyshack II" Date and place? I am in Mn Late May, June July Aug. camping trip west mid August.

Who else is in?

I'm a member at Minnetonka Sportsman's on 15 by Mound.

We could shoot, take pictures, then go to Timber Creek right up the road and golf.

Shooting, golf, beer cart girl, what day for stumpy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd host him for Oregon if you want.

Um, no.

I couldn’t guarantee the condition Stumps will be in after a harsh coastal weather hunt.

I suggest a think layer of Cerakote before arriving to protect his pristine blueing.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I freely admit to being totally ignorant , it's because I live under a rock. What the heck is a "Stumpy" ?

From the title of the thread, I though you guys were going to have a contest measuring your peckers. whistle

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by jnyork
I freely admit to being totally ignorant , it's because I live under a rock. What the heck is a "Stumpy" ?

From the title of the thread, I though you guys were going to have a contest measuring your peckers. whistle

As far as I can tell, it's a cabin fever thread.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

if you don't want to go through the whole tread start about the middle, reading the whole thing will give context though.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15836574/re-update#Post15836574

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
If Stump, or anyone goes fishing with me, first rule is, I Don't start the Merc until everyone has a PFD buckled on.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If Stump, or anyone goes fishing with me, first rule is, I Don't start the Merc until everyone has a PFD buckled on.

What the...? You practicing your Joe Biden impersonation now? 9uckin' A dude you know where you are? Not on a dock!

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I will be through the Brainerd Lakes Area at least twice this Summer.

Would love to get a snap with Stumpy & the Offender together.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.

That list you send out will be in English/Latin alphabet?

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

Hold into the Google translate!!!

I think k_g and I are OK. He cool and all, down with the jokin' .

As for that translate thing..................it would have to be a different source................I don't do the "G" thing..................I think it's on the Campfire Boycott V.2021 ........................If not on the list......................I still don't like them

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
I will be through the Brainerd Lakes Area at least twice this Summer.

Would love to get a snap with Stumpy & the Offender together.

Ooh ooh.......................

Hell to the yeah???

Not sure Leighton want's to take that risk though. Stumpy might get disappeared or some such.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Add Colorado to the list. I'll take a turn.

"What's the point of being retired if you can't climb trees and wash your feet in the creek?" - Teal
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
P.S. I already have a basic register that I'll print out and send out with Stubbs to the next trustee. It has the 50 states listed. Below each state's name there are 2 blanks to be filled by those who receive it before sending on. One for where each guy enters their names/handles, location of activity and date. The second blank is for when the same state is hit twice. There's room for a third, I think, if need be but I've only numbered 1 and 2 for travel and player data. There are a few words on instructions. Ones that no doubt some of you savage half-apes will ignore and completely botch, but I'm OK with that. smile

Not sure how we play who gets the baton next. I'd lean towards having whomever is in possession make that call. Once you've had the thing and played with it, you get crossed off the 'send it to me' list. It could get messy if there's a set list, as people have unexpected things happen and if the chain gets broken and Stubbs ends up stuck it'll be game over for everyone. I figure I'll start an 'Official Stubbs US Grand Tour' thread when I send it off the first time and folks can post up there with their subsequent Stubbs shots and figure out who they're going to send it to next, but not be forced to have anyone else know. It might be fun not knowing where the next pics are coming from, and from whom...

Thoughts welcome.

We don't have to learn hiragana or kanji or some such I hope? I still have problems with the future pluperfect in Spanish, learning Japanese is probably not feasible at this point in time.

RE: smelt. I expect pics in the food forum of those delicious little swimming critters properly prepared for the plate!

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

As for that translate thing..................it would have to be a different source................I don't do the "G" thing..................I think it's on the Campfire Boycott V.2021 ........................If not on the list......................I still don't like them

Well, truth is I've been brooding since reading Geno's hate-speechee. Plus, any man who can't recognize the pure culinary magnificence of fresh fried sea-run smelt is, well, just weird. You may now consider yourself added to the KG list of possible suspectees. Along with Waffle9oon...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a guy in NY

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I know a guy in NY

Does he sport a tan? wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I know a guy in NY

And just like that, the Boston-Rochester familia is born...The day may come when my family comes to yours in need of a favor...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thoughts welcome.

Are you new here?

Dats raciss!

Sheesh!!

Well, truth is I've been brooding since reading Geno's hate-speechee. Plus, any man who can't recognize the pure culinary magnificence of fresh fried sea-run smelt is, well, just weird. You may now consider yourself added to the KG list of possible suspectees. Along with Waffle9oon...

I need a run over to the coast for some night or day smelt. Ours spawn in the surf, pretty sure they'll be starting soon, next month maybe? And I might be able to get some surfperch too.

There really is nothing like some fresh fried smelt. Some fresh fried surfperch is pretty god too. And maybe I can get to my favorite mussel rocks while there.

In it is contentment

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Anyone have a picture of Stumpy? How shall we know him?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon

As far as I can tell, it's a cabin fever thread.

Uh, no. Aces, when is departure for HI, please? Trying to figure out timing. I figure HI is one of the hardest states to cross off the list so want to get the baton in your paws for that if you're still game. We're now at 22 states with reps willing to represent. Any other interested players, please sound off.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by goalie
Looking at this thread and the other, I casually count guys from around a dozen states up for having a go at this. I think it could make for a fun distraction, being able to see pics and read descriptions from guys toting Stubbs along on outings in lots of different places doing various fun and interesting things.

Years ago I was part of a similar gig with a knife that originally belonged to a recently departed member in an online group I was part of. I think the gent was out of BC. At least that's how I remember it. Anyway, that custom knife made it to not only many US states and CAN provinces but also to a few countries around the world if I recall correctly, including Australia, and places in Europe and Africa. I used to to gut my cinnamon bear in SE Alaska with, actually, before sending it on to the next fellow. That was in 2002. It was really cool seeing pics with that blade with shots from many different parts of the world. If there's enough interest I'd be pleased to start it off next week and then send it to the next fella.

Folks have expressed willingness to represent/drag Stubbs so far in:

WA
TN
MI
MN
ND
HI
MT
CA
TX
OR
PA
MA
ME
NH
ID

Any others feel like taking part, please do chime in.

P.S. I'm not going to make any silly rules as far as what gets done with Stubbs when in others' possession, but I'd appreciate it not being used to smoke rock with, or for any other illicit and/or deviant purposes for that matter. If it does make it on a long journey around the country--and maybe more-- and back, I'm thinking of hanging it on a wall on a little plaque or something. "Made and sold. Used and loved. Gifted and stolen, abused and returned. Traveleved thousands of miles and brought smiles to many men, even in death. Never let the bastards grind you down!" I'd be sad if it got seized from the post office after some drug dog sniffed out some residue in it...

I'm sure someone could make an appropriate welding art final resting place for Stubb's.......

I'd be pleased as hell with that, dude. Consider yourself commissioned once this puppy makes the rounds and eventually boomerangs back here (big assumption but a man's gotta' hold on to his dreams, right? wink )

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.