Home
Posted By: gitem_12 our woderful education system - 03/24/21
this week i got an email about my 6 year odl daughter having a couple of melt downs in class. one of them in my opinion wasnt much to write home about, she was mad that she lost a race and cried about it it....she is in kindergarten after all, the other one, i wanted more information on. the teacher tells me that my daughter asked a boy to marry her and he said no, and according to the teacher my 6 year old melted downa dn started crying and stomping her feet. Now, this doesnt sound like her at all and so after school her and I went and got sundaes and talked about the day, it turns out that she wasnt amd that the boy said no, she was mad that the girls who dared her to ask the boy started laughing at her and calling her names when he said no. the meltdown behavior absolutely amde sense at that point as that is what she does when her sister laughs at her. after talking some more I go the sense that there was alot more going on, ( I suspected some of it was home realted as we have a terminally ill infant that for obvious reasons needs a lot of time and attention) my 6 year old said she understood that and she loves Parker, though she does get sad that we dont do much one on one stuff with her( which I have made it clear to my wife that we need to make time to do that stuff with the other girls), but she also told me about a boy in school that bullys her, when asked what he does she said "he pushes me down, and kicks me, sometimes he hits me and pinches me" I asked her if she knew his name and she said yes his name is John. Admittedly i had some red flags as John is m first name and I wasnt sure if she was making that name up and coming upw oth a story because she thought I was mad at her or something even though it is not her norm to lie. after tellling me his name she gave a very detailed description of his appearance, but said she wasnt sure which teachers class he was in, but though it was one of two teachers. she even gave detailed descriptions of how he hits her. ( this was important to me because i was still wondering if she was convering for the girls in the above story and maybe they were bullying her but she didn't want to rat them out because they are her "friends" I asked her how John hits her, she said like this and proceeded to use one hand to pull her other arm out straight, then taking her her other fist, balling it up, protuding the midle knuckle and started striking herself on the forearm. thats when I really started to believe she was bein bullied by a boy.
Throughout the next sevral hours while playing togetther I would ask again about the bully, but would use different names, or different hair colors and every time she replied with the details from the first time she told me, the description never changed. this was enough to convince me she was telling the truth.

I contacted her teacher to advise him and his reply was " there is no John, or anyone that fits taht description in any of the Kindergarten classes, and there are three adults outside during every recess. the play area isnt that big and if these things were happening we would see it" essentially calling my daughter a liar. I then reached out to the Guidance counselor who has had a good history getting my daughter to open up to him ( he talks with her alot about our baby and how she feels about all that is happening there) I relayed the same information to him. He told me he would talk to her and call e back. around 4 PM yesterday he did call and said that Jordynne took him outside and pinted out the kid who is bullying her. the very same John who she very, very accurately described to me. i was alos told that they are familiar with this kid as they ahve had other problems with him bullying other children. I asked what their plan to deal with it was, and was given the typical teachers response of, :we are monitoring the situation" I informed him that that is fine and dandy and that my daughter has been informed that should the bullying persist she has every right to defend herself, that since this issue is being brought to the School's attention I don't want to ehara damned thing from them should this kid get his nose busted.

my question to you guys is this. how to ahndle her teacher, as Im not going to tolerate being told my kid is a liar about something this serious.

my first thought was to just let it go, but I think a sit down with the teacher and the Principal are in order

oh and we are paying this teacher 60K a year for this professional behavior
That’s terrible. It’s sounds like y’all have your hands full. Best of luck to y’all.
Originally Posted by viking
That’s terrible. It’s sounds like y’all have your hands full. Best of luck to y’all.

Yes. I feel for you and your family
Public schools are terrible. My oldest son had a seizure when he was younger & as a result his personality changed. Neurologist said it had no effect, but there was a change for sure. Very anxious person, will not speak to someone unless he knows them. School was not fun for him, hard to make friends when you don't speak to people. One kid kept threatening to slit his throat & watch him bleed out. I talked to vice principle who was an arrogant ass. He talked down to us, & came closer than he realized to getting his nose smashed. In the end I called the cops. They couldn't get the other kid or the witnesses to admit to the death threats, but the situation was resolved as soon as the cops got involved. I hope your school actually does their job & takes you seriously. Unfortunately public schools are only going to do the bare minimum.
Bullying is very serious and should not be tolerated by the teachers. I would contact the principal (or whoever is in charge) and make them aware of what is happening to your daughter, and follow up the visit with a written confirmation. This should get action, but if it doesn't , you have written documentation to take things to the next level. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Public schools are terrible. My oldest son had a seizure when he was younger & as a result his personality changed. Neurologist said it had no effect, but there was a change for sure. Very anxious person, will not speak to someone unless he knows them. School was not fun for him, hard to make friends when you don't speak to people. One kid kept threatening to slit his throat & watch him bleed out. I talked to vice principle who was an arrogant ass. He talked down to us, & came closer than he realized to getting his nose smashed. In the end I called the cops. They couldn't get the other kid or the witnesses to admit to the death threats, but the situation was resolved as soon as the cops got involved. I hope your school actually does their job & takes you seriously. Unfortunately public schools are only going to do the bare minimum.

tahts just it my daughter loved getting up to go to school, now she dreads going....that wasa clue somethingw as going on. i'm going to havea sitdown with the teacher and the principal. I just wish I could control the setting and have the teacher feel like he was in the hotseat under a heatlamp
Kids need to learn to deal with ugly things. It's the first of many tough things she'll face. These are valuable lessons.

Too many parents want to insert themselves into every child's interaction, tryout, etc. I'm convinced it's why we have a younger generation of nonfunctional morons.
Little kids can be brutal.

No excuse for the teacher lying, I'd rather hear him say "I haven't seen it but I will be on the look out going forward".

Sounds like you have explored all the good options available.

I'd tell the girl to fight back and deal with whatever fall out comes afterward.

Prayers for you and your family, and for the best outcome possible for your six year old.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Kids need to learn to deal with ugly things. It's the first of many tough things she'll face. These are valuable lessons.

Too many parents want to insert themselves into every child's interaction, tryout, etc. I'm convinced it's why we have a younger generation of nonfunctional morons.

you mistake my intentions. i completely agree with you. and as I told the scholl myd aighter has every right to defend herself and I dont want to ehar a word from them if she does. My problem is the Teachers inserting themselves, and then not getting all of the information before saying " your kid has behavior problems. discussion with the guidance counselor indicated his agreement with me that she is a 6 year old girla nd they have melt downs.
i alos have a big problemw ith the teacher calling my kid a liar when she came forward to me about being bullied..
WTF is a man doing teaching kindergarten anyway? That was my first thought.

As for handling things, you aren't inserting yourself into this, you were inserted by the school when you were contacted about the incident. A private meeting between you, the teacher, and the principal is in order to discuss the teacher's behavior. If he's going to lie about this, what else will he lie about?

A man who lies about simple things involving small children should not be around them in a position of authority, in my opinion.
You might want to go back to school yourself. Paragraphs and spelling are a big part of writing.
When you have daughters. You have to spend more time to nurture them properly. Best of luck.
Kids are brutal and very inconsiderate to one another. I think it's just part of the pecking order. Good luck with it and try to keep an open outlook.
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

As for handling things, you aren't inserting yourself into this, you were inserted by the school when you were contacted about the incident. A private meeting between you, the teacher, and the principal is in order to discuss the teacher's behavior. If he's going to lie about this, what else will he lie about?

A man who lies about simple things involving small children should not be around them in a position of authority, in my opinion.

I had that same thought. my impression of this guy is he is very childish, acts like a kid... big guages in his ears. my wife gets a bad vibe from him. i havent been around him enough to really judge him, but first impression is he aint a winner. and i said the same thing..wtf kind of guy wants to teach kindergarten
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You might want to go back to school yourself. Paragraphs and spelling are a big part of writing.

eevr tried to type and watch grammer when you also have a 10 month old in your arms? this si a fucgging internet forum not a term paper
I would ask for the sit-down with the principal and teacher -
then ask "Should I have my attorney attend?"

At any discussion with the school officials, I (personally) would keep my hands in my pockets. (Keep myself from getting physical)
I've been dragged/herded out of "meetings" more than once by "The Warden", when my hands came out of my pockets. smile Saved me a bunch of money, and other troubles over the years.
Good on ya for being there for your daughter and my prayers for the little one. Yes, it's time for a sit down with the Principal. Doesn't matter if the teacher is there or not, this thing needs to get kicked up a level. If the school has a School Social Worker, they need to be there too. Don't walk out of his office without some sort of action plan that can be followed up on. Your daughter is far too young and precious to fear school. The problem is the kid and it's the school's responsibility to keep her safe at all times. Her previous behaviors are a non-factor.

And Ima just gonna go ahead and say this, isn't it a little weird to have a kindergarten teacher who's a dude?
Originally Posted by mark shubert

At any discussion with the school officials, I (personally) would keep my hands in my pockets. (Keep myself from getting physical)
I've been dragged/herded out of "meetings" more than once by "The Warden", when my hands came out of my pockets. smile Saved me a bunch of money, and other troubles over the years.

I'll be professional, i'm wll versed in using others' words against them. i'm not sure I will need m Attonrey at this meeting but will have his card with me should they decide to escalate, i will simply slide it forward and tell them any further communication can go through him.

th teacher needs to answer for calling her a liar. as well as seemingly not taking the issue serious. and frankly I want him to answer those questons my way
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I had that same thought. my impression of this guy is he is very childish, acts like a kid... big guages in his ears. my wife gets a bad vibe from him. i havent been around him enough to really judge him, but first impression is he aint a winner. and i said the same thing..wtf kind of guy wants to teach kindergarten

Gauges?

WTF? The man asks for help and this is what you trouble yourself to write?

Gitem, I think your idea of meeting with the teacher and the Principal is the correct move. Document everything.
My ex-wife was a teacher. I can't even begin to tell you how typical that response by the teacher and administration is.

You need to put on your thinking hat and craft a way to make it "their" problem, too. You want your persona to be completely non-aggressive, or you'll be forever painted as the bad guy. Probably something along the lines of exposure and risk for failure to take / lack of action and the repercussions they "may" face.

Schitty situation.

Good luck.

i/'m going to go ahead and answer your question. yes, in my opinion it is a little bit weird. it irks me even more that they are familiar with this kid as it seems he has a history of bullying other kids, and im not really keen on the sgeneric answer of " we are aware of the situation and are monitoring it"
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Gauges?
big disks inserted in holes where the cartilage is cut out of the ear lobe
Originally Posted by local_dirt
My ex-wife was a teacher. I can't even begin to tell you how typical that response by the teacher and administration is.

You need to put on your thinking hat and craft a way to make it "their" problem, too. You want your persona to be completely non-aggressive, or you'll be forever painted as the bad guy. Probably something along the lines of exposure and risk for failure to take / lack of action and the repercussions they "may" face.

Schitty situation.

Good luck.

i'm going to do just that and work up an interview card just like id be sitting down with a suspect, I will turn their words back on them using the facts at hand and get them to trip up in thir own stories

Gauges?

Holy schitt. Really? The Principal is probably no rocket scientist. That sounds like a bad hire.
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I'll be professional, i'm wll versed in using others' words against them. i'm not sure I will need m Attonrey at this meeting but will have his card with me should they decide to escalate, i will simply slide it forward and tell them any further communication can go through him.

th teacher needs to answer for calling her a liar. as well as seemingly not taking the issue serious. and frankly I want him to answer those questons my way

Document what happened and document your meeting with the guidance counselor ID'ing the bully and what the guidance counselor said. And add the teacher's indifference to this very serious matter. Send an email to everyone in authority in the school admin. They hate liability and they have been notified in writing and its documented. They could care less about verbal notification and will deny everything. good luck
Meet with the principal and teacher at the same time. Send an email to both regarding your concerns, push for the meeting to be immediately after school so it messes up phagboy teacher’s afternoon plans of going to the Y.

Also copy the director of schools, and your county commissioner on the email.

They love that.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

WTF? The man asks for help and this is what you trouble yourself to write?

What you don’t seem to understand is that schools and society have become meaningless and irrelevant. 50 years ago, the father would go to the school and settle the issue in about 10 minutes with the teacher.

Today we have deteriorated to talking about our personal lives on an open forum with people we never met, hoping to find resolution to a situation better handled alone.

Wash your laundry in public and someone will see your underwear.

Gauges?

Holy schitt. Really? The Principal is probably no rocket scientist. That sounds like a bad hire.

the Principal is actually a really really good guy, in fact he was my football coach all through High School. he has no say in the hiring... thats the school board ,a dthe chair of the personnel committee is a raging liberal whore
April 1 is not till next week!

#whymillennialsshouldn’tbreed

Gauges?

the Principal is actually a really really good guy, in fact he was my football coach all through High School. he has no say in the hiring... thats the school board ,a dthe chair of the personnel committee is a raging liberal whore
Originally Posted by slumlord
Meet with the principal and teacher at the same time. Send an email to both regarding your concerns, push for the meeting to be immediately after school so it messes up phagboy teacher’s afternoon plans of going to the Y.

Also copy the director of schools, and your county commissioner on the email.

They love that.
thats a good idea, Im also going to CC our chief of police as well
We have what I think is a large, bloated school system. About 35 schools.

I discovered there is also a fat cat in our admin calls herself the “accountability director”

She is a problems solver on the human resources side, being lied to the phone and being told your kid is a liar would summon a phone to such a person if they exist in your system.

I learned that that person is like the “oh fouck, the parent called the AD” type person.

I actually went over and met with her when my daughter wrote a paper about US Grant being drunk and the teacher thought I had influence on the hit job. LOL

went in humble, played the dumb country,humble type on a Colombo fact finding missing. The day I went, they were having a Halloween office party. The ole gal was dressed as the wicked witch of the west. unbelievable

The school and that teacher were super kiss ass after that meeting. 😂

Simple next step: tell the counselor what the teacher said, let the counselor "inform" the teacher to set them straight. Document, via email, with the school admin, CC the counselor, about that conversation, so everyone above the teacher is now read in and on the same page. If the teacher was simply wrong, problem solved, if the teacher was covering his ass, it's called out.

Yes, your daughter has the right, and responsibility, to defend herself.
I understand our woderful schools don't even teach spelling, sentence structure, or proper use of capital letters.
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have what I think is a large, bloated school system. About 35 schools.

I discovered there is also a fat cat in our admin calls herself the “accountability director”

She is a problems solver on the human resources side, being lied to the phone and being told your kid is a liar would summon a phone to such a person if they exist in your system.

I learned that that person is like the “oh fouck, the parent called the AD” type person.

I actually went over and met with her when my daughter wrote a paper about US Grant being drunk and the teacher thought I had influence on the hit job. LOL

went in humble, played the dumb country,humble type on a Colombo fact finding missing. The day I went, they were having a Halloween office party. The ole gal was dressed as the wicked witch of the west. unbelievable

The school and that teacher were super kiss ass after that meeting. 😂

our entire district totals 4 buildings, with one of them being the administration building.
Blessings as you navigate this situation. I would add, what do you plan on doing if the bully tells his dad a sob story about how he is being singled out, and that your daughter is lying to get him in trouble? What if said dad is convinced that your daughter is lying, and you are convinced the bully is lying? Then what? In your mind is there a way of reconciliation, or will it come to blows? I am not at all saying your daughter is wrong, kudos for talking with her and feeling her out as to what is going on. But i have learned that bullies often are not that bad in their own minds, and they can easily convince themselves that they are not the problem. Once they do that, it is easy for them to play the victim......just thinking here.
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Blessings as you navigate this situation. I would add, what do you plan on doing if the bully tells his dad a sob story about how he is being singled out, and that your daughter is lying to get him in trouble? What if said dad is convinced that your daughter is lying, and you are convinced the bully is lying? Then what? In your mind is there a way of reconciliation, or will it come to blows? I am not at all saying your daughter is wrong, kudos for talking with her and feeling her out as to what is going on. But i have learned that bullies often are not that bad in their own minds, and they can easily convince themselves that they are not the problem. Once they do that, it is easy for them to play the victim......just thinking here.

you have a valid point. However, as the guidance councilor stated they have had numerous issues with this kid in the past bullying, and I doubt tehre is a dad in the equation, atleast not oustide of prison, and far more likely just a fat slob welfare rat of a mother. Right now my bigger issue is with the teacher calling my kid a liar and seemingly dismissing the accusation that she is infact being bullied, and not it seriously
One part of the problem with bullying is that too many people who approve of kids being bullies, saying that it is all just a part of kids being kids. These people were (and probably still are) a-hole bullies themselves.
If they are let to get away with it, kids will be as mean as Adolf Hitler.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Especially girls.
Its obvious for whatever reason the teacher has some kind of problem with your girl.

You said the guidance counselor has a good relationship with your daughter, I would ask him to get involved and help.

What ever you do don't back down, I just said that as a reminder as I know you're a "Full steam ahead" kind of guy.... wink
Originally Posted by wabigoon

You don't know kids or Adolph Hitler.
Posted By: BLG Re: our woderful education system - 03/24/21
Hit the video record button on your phone when you step into the meeting. Slip it back into your pocket. It may not have video, but you will have a recording of the conversation. (unless this isn't legal)

Clyde
If you decide to meet with the principal and/or the teacher, have someone with you as a witness. It would have been better if you'd had someone with you when you first talked to the teacher, or some other way to verify his initial response to your concerns. I would record everything, and I would follow the meeting up with an email detailing what was said during the meeting. Document, document, document. From your account, the teacher is a bald-faced liar and needs to be held accountable for denying that there even is a boy named John in the school. If we can't make a kindergarten teacher accountable for lying, what hope do we have for holding politicians to the truth?

And best wishes and prayers for you and your family. A very tough time, and the last thing you need is to have to deal with a crappy teacher.
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
If you decide to meet with the principal and/or the teacher, have someone with you as a witness. It would have been better if you'd had someone with you when you first talked to the teacher, or some other way to verify his initial response to your concerns. I would record everything, and I would follow the meeting up with an email detailing what was said during the meeting. Document, document, document. From your account, the teacher is a bald-faced liar and needs to be held accountable for denying that there even is a boy named John in the school. If we can't make a kindergarten teacher accountable for lying, what hope do we have for holding politicians to the truth?

And best wishes and prayers for you and your family. A very tough time, and the last thing you need is to have to deal with a crappy teacher.

i imagine my wife will be with me. all of our converastuions are in writing except the converstion with the guidance counciler. but I took notes as I spoke wtih him

the guidence counciler seems to really care and talks with my daughter often about what is going on with our youngest and if he can do anything for me and my wife, if we need anything etc.
Posted By: add Re: our woderful education system - 03/24/21

Pull her out of that class and / or school right now.
Originally Posted by BLG
Hit the video record button on your phone when you step into the meeting. Slip it back into your pocket. It may not have video, but you will have a recording of the conversation. (unless this isn't legal)

Clyde
Under our state wiretapping laws that would constitute a felony. while the State Supreme court basicall invalidated the law as long as you are using a Smart Phone I expect that they will reverse themselves when they realize what they did. I am also not going to be the guinnea pig to prove the first part of my theory
Originally Posted by add

Pull her out of that class and / or school right now.

that brings up another point of topic. our year old will start at the same school next year. she will not have this teacher. i can guarantee you that.
Yes, take a witness along.

Our son had a teacher that wanted to tell us how stupid he was.
I corrected her grimmer, the superintend agreed with me, and she clamed up.
Git...Get me an address. I’m happy to fly out, beat the shît out of Johnny’s dad and mother for your kid.

The lying teacher?....Figure you’ll square him up in an appropriate way.

Very sorry & sad about you and your families situation with a sick little one.

🦫
Posted By: KFWA Re: our woderful education system - 03/24/21
gitem, I'm impressed with how you handled it so far.

Since you are handling it better than I, I don't feel my advice is worth much, but I'd definitely have a face to face with that teacher and discuss why he/she was adamant there was no kid named John and immediately discredited my daughter. I would be sure to let them know people make mistakes, but in the future there will zero tolerance for discrediting my child who is having trouble at school.

My heart goes out to you on the young child you mentioned with the illness.
thanks all. I believe things will get straightened out. I ahvents aid much on here about our youngest. its the cards we ahve eben dealt. I'm thankful for the time we have ahd so far with her. as we have ad more time than post parents get with their children with this illness, and we are fighting for more time every day. suffice to say I will never be out of medical debta nd likelyw ill never retire, but thats my burden and, I would think any parent woudl do the same for their child. those of you friends with me on facebook have followed her story and see her smiling face. aside from hoping she ahs many years of life with us I have but one selfish wish with her that someday I get to hear her say I love you Daddy
© 24hourcampfire