Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
this week i got an email about my 6 year odl daughter having a couple of melt downs in class. one of them in my opinion wasnt much to write home about, she was mad that she lost a race and cried about it it....she is in kindergarten after all, the other one, i wanted more information on. the teacher tells me that my daughter asked a boy to marry her and he said no, and according to the teacher my 6 year old melted downa dn started crying and stomping her feet. Now, this doesnt sound like her at all and so after school her and I went and got sundaes and talked about the day, it turns out that she wasnt amd that the boy said no, she was mad that the girls who dared her to ask the boy started laughing at her and calling her names when he said no. the meltdown behavior absolutely amde sense at that point as that is what she does when her sister laughs at her. after talking some more I go the sense that there was alot more going on, ( I suspected some of it was home realted as we have a terminally ill infant that for obvious reasons needs a lot of time and attention) my 6 year old said she understood that and she loves Parker, though she does get sad that we dont do much one on one stuff with her( which I have made it clear to my wife that we need to make time to do that stuff with the other girls), but she also told me about a boy in school that bullys her, when asked what he does she said "he pushes me down, and kicks me, sometimes he hits me and pinches me" I asked her if she knew his name and she said yes his name is John. Admittedly i had some red flags as John is m first name and I wasnt sure if she was making that name up and coming upw oth a story because she thought I was mad at her or something even though it is not her norm to lie. after tellling me his name she gave a very detailed description of his appearance, but said she wasnt sure which teachers class he was in, but though it was one of two teachers. she even gave detailed descriptions of how he hits her. ( this was important to me because i was still wondering if she was convering for the girls in the above story and maybe they were bullying her but she didn't want to rat them out because they are her "friends" I asked her how John hits her, she said like this and proceeded to use one hand to pull her other arm out straight, then taking her her other fist, balling it up, protuding the midle knuckle and started striking herself on the forearm. thats when I really started to believe she was bein bullied by a boy.
Throughout the next sevral hours while playing togetther I would ask again about the bully, but would use different names, or different hair colors and every time she replied with the details from the first time she told me, the description never changed. this was enough to convince me she was telling the truth.

I contacted her teacher to advise him and his reply was " there is no John, or anyone that fits taht description in any of the Kindergarten classes, and there are three adults outside during every recess. the play area isnt that big and if these things were happening we would see it" essentially calling my daughter a liar. I then reached out to the Guidance counselor who has had a good history getting my daughter to open up to him ( he talks with her alot about our baby and how she feels about all that is happening there) I relayed the same information to him. He told me he would talk to her and call e back. around 4 PM yesterday he did call and said that Jordynne took him outside and pinted out the kid who is bullying her. the very same John who she very, very accurately described to me. i was alos told that they are familiar with this kid as they ahve had other problems with him bullying other children. I asked what their plan to deal with it was, and was given the typical teachers response of, :we are monitoring the situation" I informed him that that is fine and dandy and that my daughter has been informed that should the bullying persist she has every right to defend herself, that since this issue is being brought to the School's attention I don't want to ehara damned thing from them should this kid get his nose busted.

my question to you guys is this. how to ahndle her teacher, as Im not going to tolerate being told my kid is a liar about something this serious.

my first thought was to just let it go, but I think a sit down with the teacher and the Principal are in order

oh and we are paying this teacher 60K a year for this professional behavior

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That’s terrible. It’s sounds like y’all have your hands full. Best of luck to y’all.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by viking
That’s terrible. It’s sounds like y’all have your hands full. Best of luck to y’all.

Yes. I feel for you and your family

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Public schools are terrible. My oldest son had a seizure when he was younger & as a result his personality changed. Neurologist said it had no effect, but there was a change for sure. Very anxious person, will not speak to someone unless he knows them. School was not fun for him, hard to make friends when you don't speak to people. One kid kept threatening to slit his throat & watch him bleed out. I talked to vice principle who was an arrogant ass. He talked down to us, & came closer than he realized to getting his nose smashed. In the end I called the cops. They couldn't get the other kid or the witnesses to admit to the death threats, but the situation was resolved as soon as the cops got involved. I hope your school actually does their job & takes you seriously. Unfortunately public schools are only going to do the bare minimum.

Romans 5:1
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Bullying is very serious and should not be tolerated by the teachers. I would contact the principal (or whoever is in charge) and make them aware of what is happening to your daughter, and follow up the visit with a written confirmation. This should get action, but if it doesn't , you have written documentation to take things to the next level. Good luck!

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Public schools are terrible. My oldest son had a seizure when he was younger & as a result his personality changed. Neurologist said it had no effect, but there was a change for sure. Very anxious person, will not speak to someone unless he knows them. School was not fun for him, hard to make friends when you don't speak to people. One kid kept threatening to slit his throat & watch him bleed out. I talked to vice principle who was an arrogant ass. He talked down to us, & came closer than he realized to getting his nose smashed. In the end I called the cops. They couldn't get the other kid or the witnesses to admit to the death threats, but the situation was resolved as soon as the cops got involved. I hope your school actually does their job & takes you seriously. Unfortunately public schools are only going to do the bare minimum.

tahts just it my daughter loved getting up to go to school, now she dreads going....that wasa clue somethingw as going on. i'm going to havea sitdown with the teacher and the principal. I just wish I could control the setting and have the teacher feel like he was in the hotseat under a heatlamp

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Kids need to learn to deal with ugly things. It's the first of many tough things she'll face. These are valuable lessons.

Too many parents want to insert themselves into every child's interaction, tryout, etc. I'm convinced it's why we have a younger generation of nonfunctional morons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little kids can be brutal.

No excuse for the teacher lying, I'd rather hear him say "I haven't seen it but I will be on the look out going forward".

Sounds like you have explored all the good options available.

I'd tell the girl to fight back and deal with whatever fall out comes afterward.

Prayers for you and your family, and for the best outcome possible for your six year old.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Kids need to learn to deal with ugly things. It's the first of many tough things she'll face. These are valuable lessons.

Too many parents want to insert themselves into every child's interaction, tryout, etc. I'm convinced it's why we have a younger generation of nonfunctional morons.

you mistake my intentions. i completely agree with you. and as I told the scholl myd aighter has every right to defend herself and I dont want to ehar a word from them if she does. My problem is the Teachers inserting themselves, and then not getting all of the information before saying " your kid has behavior problems. discussion with the guidance counselor indicated his agreement with me that she is a 6 year old girla nd they have melt downs.
i alos have a big problemw ith the teacher calling my kid a liar when she came forward to me about being bullied..

Last edited by gitem_12; 03/24/21.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
WTF is a man doing teaching kindergarten anyway? That was my first thought.

As for handling things, you aren't inserting yourself into this, you were inserted by the school when you were contacted about the incident. A private meeting between you, the teacher, and the principal is in order to discuss the teacher's behavior. If he's going to lie about this, what else will he lie about?

A man who lies about simple things involving small children should not be around them in a position of authority, in my opinion.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You might want to go back to school yourself. Paragraphs and spelling are a big part of writing.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
When you have daughters. You have to spend more time to nurture them properly. Best of luck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Kids are brutal and very inconsiderate to one another. I think it's just part of the pecking order. Good luck with it and try to keep an open outlook.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

As for handling things, you aren't inserting yourself into this, you were inserted by the school when you were contacted about the incident. A private meeting between you, the teacher, and the principal is in order to discuss the teacher's behavior. If he's going to lie about this, what else will he lie about?

A man who lies about simple things involving small children should not be around them in a position of authority, in my opinion.

I had that same thought. my impression of this guy is he is very childish, acts like a kid... big guages in his ears. my wife gets a bad vibe from him. i havent been around him enough to really judge him, but first impression is he aint a winner. and i said the same thing..wtf kind of guy wants to teach kindergarten

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You might want to go back to school yourself. Paragraphs and spelling are a big part of writing.

eevr tried to type and watch grammer when you also have a 10 month old in your arms? this si a fucgging internet forum not a term paper

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would ask for the sit-down with the principal and teacher -
then ask "Should I have my attorney attend?"

At any discussion with the school officials, I (personally) would keep my hands in my pockets. (Keep myself from getting physical)
I've been dragged/herded out of "meetings" more than once by "The Warden", when my hands came out of my pockets. smile Saved me a bunch of money, and other troubles over the years.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good on ya for being there for your daughter and my prayers for the little one. Yes, it's time for a sit down with the Principal. Doesn't matter if the teacher is there or not, this thing needs to get kicked up a level. If the school has a School Social Worker, they need to be there too. Don't walk out of his office without some sort of action plan that can be followed up on. Your daughter is far too young and precious to fear school. The problem is the kid and it's the school's responsibility to keep her safe at all times. Her previous behaviors are a non-factor.

And Ima just gonna go ahead and say this, isn't it a little weird to have a kindergarten teacher who's a dude?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I would ask for the sit-down with the principal and teacher -
then ask "Should I have my attorney attend?"

At any discussion with the school officials, I (personally) would keep my hands in my pockets. (Keep myself from getting physical)
I've been dragged/herded out of "meetings" more than once by "The Warden", when my hands came out of my pockets. smile Saved me a bunch of money, and other troubles over the years.

I'll be professional, i'm wll versed in using others' words against them. i'm not sure I will need m Attonrey at this meeting but will have his card with me should they decide to escalate, i will simply slide it forward and tell them any further communication can go through him.

th teacher needs to answer for calling her a liar. as well as seemingly not taking the issue serious. and frankly I want him to answer those questons my way

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

I had that same thought. my impression of this guy is he is very childish, acts like a kid... big guages in his ears. my wife gets a bad vibe from him. i havent been around him enough to really judge him, but first impression is he aint a winner. and i said the same thing..wtf kind of guy wants to teach kindergarten

Gauges?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun

WTF? The man asks for help and this is what you trouble yourself to write?

Gitem, I think your idea of meeting with the teacher and the Principal is the correct move. Document everything.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.