Home
Posted By: Irving_D It appears I touched a nerve - 05/06/21
Well after 10 yrs or so on the campfire it appears I touched a nerve with a few members on here regarding a post in the meme thread. A post that was shared in the Amputee support group that I am a member of since my amputations. I will be the first to admit the meme broke my heart and it made me laugh at the same time as I'm sure a lot of people who saw it did. I'm not apologizing for the post, being able to find humor during the lowest part of my life has been what kept me going as well as many of my friends in the amp community. I appreciate all the advice, support, and the wealth of knowledge that can be gleaned from this forum.
In the future I will try to be a little more considerate

To those that are pming me praying that karma catches up with me this is me flicking you [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Well after 10 yrs or so on the campfire it appears I touched a nerve with a few members on here regarding a post in the meme thread. A post that was shared in the Amputee support group that I am a member of since my amputations. I will be the first to admit the meme broke my heart and it made me laugh at the same time as I'm sure a lot of people who saw it did. I'm not apologizing for the post, being able to find humor during the lowest part of my life has been what kept me going as well as many of my friends in the amp community. I appreciate all the advice, support, and the wealth of knowledge that can be gleaned from this forum.

To those that are pming me praying that karma catches up with me this is me flicking you

dude that was freaking Hilarious. it would have been even funnier if the caption read ..It's a buoy named BOB! haha. you know what though man, fugg 'em all. PM me MFs
Shrug it off. It seems some people look for things to be offended about. I guess it makes them feel important. You’d think a forum like this would have men on it.
Posted By: hanco Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/06/21
It sure as hell set some off. I saw it as a play on words. I don’t feel you meant to demean amputees!
I wouldn't sweat the small stuff Irving, if people cannot have a sense of humor fuggem!
Youre not an asswhole, Irving, just dumb. wink

Theres plenty here who are both, and worse, too. grin

Eh, theyll soon get pissed off about something else.
Dark humor.....folks often dont get it.

They most times dont even try to understand.

Fugg em.
Posted By: JOG Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/06/21
Well after 10 yrs or so on the campfire it appears I touched a nerve...

Not with that hand, ya didn't.
You should be happy so many people decided to be offended on your behalf. Just like the woke white folk who sanctified Saint George!
What the hell happened to your hand? I saw the pic on the other thread.
What the hell happened to your hand? I saw the pic on the other thread.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Shrug it off. It seems some people look for things to be offended about. I guess it makes them feel important. You’d think a forum like this would have men on it.

This. Everyone knows you’re good sh**. Some people have triggers. Amputees isn’t one of mine but liberals get me tweaked.
Don’t sweat it. You had as many supporters as detractors. You managed to inadvertently highlight a bunch of smelly twats. Congrats
Glad to see you've healed up nicely.
Originally Posted by jmdriver
Originally Posted by gregintenn

This. Everyone knows you’re good sh**. Some people have triggers. Amputees isn’t one of mine but liberals get me tweaked.

This.
No problem here.
Lets give the man a hand. He really put his finger on the problem and the rest of us need to get a grip.

wink

I have a couple infirmities myself and I struggle sometimes to laugh instead of being bitter. You're a good man and your humor is welcome.
Everybody screws up twice in 10 years, even me, sometimes.
Originally Posted by hanco
It sure as hell set some off. I saw it as a play on words. I don’t feel you meant to demean amputees!

That's how I saw it as well.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Dark humor.....folks often dont get it.

Nailed it. Memes by nature are not meant to comfortable.

Shrug it off, Irving.
I'll admit it I chuckled at the meme.

Is OP the one whose friend sliced off his fingers in some weird accident?
the worst part is those pissed off twats won't read this thread.

if they're PMing you with comments, you should post them here so we can all read them, that would be another hilarious set of comments.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Lets give the man a hand. He really put his finger on the problem and the rest of us need to get a grip.

I have a couple infirmities myself and I struggle sometimes to laugh instead of being bitter. You're a good man and your humor is welcome.

I gotta hand it to ya, that was funny. Crossing my fingers my reply doesn't piss anyone off.

I am the last of my name, and had daughters. And they wont be having kids ( to avoid a genetic risk ).

Sure as hell dont bitch about folks w their grandkid stories.

Everbody gets a chit sandwich on this trip.
Some get it off the dollar menu, some get it supersized.

Nobody orders one.

Yup, some stuff is upsetting. Some stuff is in bad taste
Ignore it and move along.

Theres worse comin.
I have always heard its better to be pissed off than pissed on. I for one thought it was funny as hell, and for it to come from you made it that much better. Many would sit in the house and feel sorry for there self, or ya can go on with life with what you are delt. And for that Irving D I will pop a beer in your honor.
Posted By: add Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/06/21
I found it misogynistic.

Where is the "It's a ghoul" meme?
Some folks need to lighten up!

Irving, you are a good guy.
Posted By: gunzo Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/06/21
Looks like you've got a handle on taking fisting to another level.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Looks like you've got a handle on taking fisting to another level.

pictures or it didn't happen
I have too admit I chuckled for a second. No one made them look at the meme,they did it all on their own.
They probably had the flu once and got over that.
No prob here man.

High five!

😛
For some, everything is funny until it's their ox that's gored. If I had a retard in the family I might take umbrage with some of the meme's, but I wouldn't post about it I'd just scroll past. Look at all the racist stuff that gets posted on here, some of it is just ball busting, but a lot ain't. I'm sure there's more than one non-white poster or couple or relative or whatever, and I don't see a whole lot of virtue signaling on that front. Some, but not much honestly.
Well since i was one of the first to comment on the pic i will say that I hold no hard feelings toward Irving and appreciate his thoughts after the fact,

It seems quite a few viewed the pic with a different perspective , me personally I didn’t like it and make no apologies for that, whether it was real or photoshopped!

No pm’s were sent to Irving and I hope he continues to heal from his accident !
Screw those sanctimonious twats.

To those that are pming me praying that karma catches up with me this is me flicking you [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I guess there are liberals looking to find offense here too.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
For some, everything is funny until it's their ox that's gored. If I had a retard in the family I might take umbrage with some of the meme's, but I wouldn't post about it I'd just scroll past. Look at all the racist stuff that gets posted on here, some of it is just ball busting, but a lot ain't. I'm sure there's more than one non-white poster or couple or relative or whatever, and I don't see a whole lot of virtue signaling on that front. Some, but not much honestly.

We have several black posters here. One of them holds a doctorate, has been a vice president of an international company and just wrapped up a safari in Africa where he bagged some magnificent animals. He's smarter and more accomplished than the ignorant, toothless hicks here who can help but spew their racist bile every chance they get.
Irv,

I've lived on glass house road my entire life.......wont be receiving corrections from me.

Shrug it off and sin no more.
Dont sweat it Irving. There’s old guys on here that have had elective nut removal surgery.
If you do not Piss someone off on the Fire you are not doing right.
I got pissed off years ago and did the wrong thing by trying my best to protect my self from the abuser.
I became the attacker in everyone's mind just for saying what really happened.

Never apologize for a MEME
Keep doin what you do.
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Well since i was one of the first to comment on the pic i will say that I hold no hard feelings toward Irving and appreciate his thoughts after the fact,

It seems quite a few viewed the pic with a different perspective , me personally I didn’t like it and make no apologies for that, whether it was real or photoshopped!

Ditto here. I'm glad the OP started this thread. Nuff said.
Humor is like food, some don’t get it...

wink

Second!
I
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

wink

Second!

I think we should spit on our hands and shake on it!
Posted By: dassa Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21
It seems some people have a real life, and the internet is just a diversion. For other people, the internet is their life, and they take the stuff they see here way too seriously. The latter group needs to get out more.
Posted By: dassa Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21
Originally Posted by eric1186
Humor is like food, some don’t get it...

This would be a good meme with a picture of Sally Struthers asking for donations.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

You're one of the biggest Khhhhunts here. It shouldn't matter why or what the OP posted. It's okay if a JEW post's a jewish joke but not if someone who is a Catholic post's a jewist joke? GTFOOH, You are a racist and/or a Dumocrat. You pick you piece of shiet.
I find this all very funny..... smile
Just wondering how long it took you to type that post...

Just a joke.

Don Rickles would have never made it in this day and age.
Originally Posted by 16bore

Just a joke.

ROFLMAO
Originally Posted by 16bore

Just a joke.

Yup that’s funny too. Holyeee phuick this place is on fire!
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

You're one of the biggest Khhhhunts here. It shouldn't matter why or what the OP posted. It's okay if a JEW post's a jewish joke but not if someone who is a Catholic post's a jewist joke? GTFOOH, You are a racist and/or a Dumocrat. You pick you piece of shiet.

Khhhhunt, JEW, GTFOOH, racist, Dumocrat, shiet.

Since you're illiterate and foul, I just wrote your next ten posts for you. You can pay me later.

Have a nice day.

Where the fuuck is the like button..... smile
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Life is too short to sweat the small chit
I like it don't change.

No mater what you do someone some where will be pissed.

You should have heard some of what i said after getting gutted,losing most of my lower stomach and having my small and large intestines mapped looking for faults from the stomach down to the poop chute.

From what they took out i lost a lot of weight but it is not recommend grin.

It is just a way that folks look at bad stuff and not lose their humanity.

Being able to laugh at bad things or horrific things release stress.
Don't sweat the petty things.................Pet the sweaty things!!
I found it a bit offensive.

But, aren't most memes meant to be a bit offensive to someone.

It's humor.
Much humor is somewhat offensive, and one can laugh while shaking
their head. Thinking, "Ugh, you really shouldnt..."

Irving,
F' 'em if they can't take a joke!
I thought it was fuggin hilarious. A play on the quadriplegic jokes. Only thing funnier would have been deflave using that kid to swat out a grass fire at the neighborhood bbq. LOL
One of the coolest mf'ers I know is a dude named Stump.

Since you're illiterate and foul, I just wrote your next ten posts for you. You can pay me later.

Have a nice day.

Did you type that all out or use the copy paste option?

GFY you piece of shiet.
What I thought was funny was that every time someone got their panties in a wad they would quote the picture and bring it back up again. tff
Posted By: HawkI Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21
[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/o5SHEVH7mByqPtvy6[/img]
Irving as a amputee and having a young granddaughter that’s a amputee as well I chose not to pay much attention to the picture. No judgment at all or offense taken. It’s to bad more people would quit looking for a reason to be offended and I sincerely hope that you are coping with your situation as well as you can.
Posted By: add Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

SONUVABITCH!

Hahahahahaa!!!!
Originally Posted by Higginez
No prob here man.

High five!

😛

You inconsiderate douche nozzle...It’s elbow 2 elbow since COVID season commenced.

SMH

😬🦫
Originally Posted by add

SONUVABITCH!

Best Clit-Tickler ever made.

🦫
You can laugh at that meme and feel bad for the little guy at the same time.

You didn’t do anything wrong in my book. People are just too touchy these days.
Posted By: 673 Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21

LOL
Nubbin to see here, move along!!!
Originally Posted by renegade50

Wtf

Is that Meatwad rapping on that track?

lol
Oh buoy. I laughed this AM when it first appeared. There sure are a lot of finger wagging whiny little puzzys on here. Fuggem.

Whaddya call a woman with no arms & only one leg? Eileen.
Whaddya call a Chinese woman with no arms & one leg? Irene.
Whaddya call a Mexican woman with no arms & no legs? Cunsuelo.

I am rollin' 🤣🤣🤣

Entertainment for Saddam Hussein ?

🦫
I learned one of lifes's most important lessons in Vietnam: No matter how bad he schidt gets, someone will find something funny about it and save the day for everyone. When you fail to laugh at life you are fugged.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I learned one of lifes's most important lessons in Vietnam: No matter how bad he schidt gets, someone will find something funny about it and save the day for everyone. When you fail to laugh at life you are fugged.

mike r

Yep........
Originally Posted by 673

LOL

Well

This thread shut down

lol
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Yep........

Truth.
Honestly I didnt care for it. Just kept scrollin. Lot of stuff isnt my cup of tea.

But, whats it matter? Many on here have met others, ive never met anyone on here. I dont wanna personally piss anyone off..but if I do? We all got more important things in life to worry about than what people we'll most likely never meet think.
Posted By: ribka Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21

Understand. Those who don't deal with death and chaos, violence in their line of work or experienced it in the personal life dont have a dark sense of humor. You see this often in first responders, healthcare, military etc The dark sense of humor help you process crazy, violent, obscene schit every day. When a good buddy was dying of liver cancer and I visited him in the hospital it was a joke I didn't want cancer germs from him so I wouldn't shake his hand but could hug him. Kind of helped us and gave him a respite. I had to walk through a children's cancer ward to see him. He said that always made him sad, not his terminal cancer.

Normal human coping mechanism . All about perspective

Be well you experienced some really serious schit. Keep posting
Posted By: 673 Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21
Originally Posted by ribka

Understand. Those who don't deal with death and chaos, violence in their line of work or experienced it in the personal life dont have a dark sense of humor. You see this often in first responders, healthcare, military etc The dark sense of humor help you process crazy, violent, obscene schit every day. When a good buddy was dying of liver cancer and I visited him in the hospital it was a joke I didn't want cancer germs from him so I wouldn't shake his hand but could hug him. Kind of helped us and gave him a respite. I had to walk through a children's cancer ward to see him. He said that always made him sad, not his terminal cancer.

Normal human coping mechanism . All about perspective

Be well you experienced some really serious schit. Keep posting

Truth^^^^
Ribka,

100%

🦫

Have a nice day.

Did you type that all out or use the copy paste option?

GFY you piece of shiet.

I think GFY is one of the most under used phrases today, very appropriate in many instances but somehow left out.
I laughed. Some way over sensitive menopausal women on this site.
Posted By: hanco Re: It appears I touched a nerve - 05/07/21

I laughed, guess ima sicko too
Hey, how do you get a one handed man out of a tree?

Just wave 😂😂😂😂😂
You took off your wig, your peg leg, your glass eye
You were surprised at the look on my face.
I wanted to hug you and kiss you, my darling,
But you..ou..ou were scattered all over the place!

Where, oh where, are you tonight?
Why did you leave me hear all alone?
I searched the world over and I thought I found true love.
But you met another and, pffft, you were gone.

From Hee Haw, way back when. Somebody internet savvy may be able to find and post it.
© 24hourcampfire