Home
I will not get it,approved or not.
No. I look at any medicine based on need. If there is no need for me to take it, I don’t even if is as harmless as aspirin. At my age and health, I don’t see any need to take anything with regard to a possible future Covid infection. My analysis could well change in the future as my circumstances change. But that is my evaluation as of now.
The FDA has approved what ever Big Pharma has paid them to approve.
Originally Posted by Huntz
This
NO!
Sure, why not? It just means that enough people have beta tested it before I get it.
With all of the discussions about how the government is (mis)handling Covid ,and then complaining about the vaccine not being government approved.
Seems hypocritical to accept it once it is.

Agreed, kind of goes with my point.
one question that should be answered is why is there no legal liability for manufacturers?
I don't think our government would lie to us, would they?

^^^^^^^
Huntz nailed it.......
Originally Posted by JoeBob
No. I look at any medicine based on need. If there is no need for me to take it, I don’t even if is as harmless as aspirin. At my age and health, I don’t see any need to take anything with regard to a possible future Covid infection. My analysis could well change in the future as my circumstances change. But that is my evaluation as of now.

This is exactly the way I see it. I'm 60 and in good shape/healthy. No reason at this time to take the shot. Approved by the FDA or not. I don't get the flu shot, either. As I get older, things might change, but it would have to be pretty drastic.
Are you saying the current vaccines are not approved by the FDA?
Waited for a bunch of family/friends to get it. They got it. No ill effects. They were the guinea pigs.
Originally Posted by centershot
Are you saying the current vaccines are not approved by the FDA?

That is correct,they are not.
They are experimental.
I will consider it approved, by me, in a decade or so.
The entire process is new.
It is not just a new vaccine, as we know vaccines.
It's new science. The long term is an open guess.
Illustrative joke #1

A guy gets into an elevator and there's a gorgeous woman in a fantastic dress already there. He gets in and strikes up a conversation.

"Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?" he asks after initial pleasantries.

"Yes, I would." she said.

"How about Fifty dollars?"

"What kind of woman do you take me for?" she asks

"That's already been determined," he replied. "Now we're just haggling over price."

Illustrative story #2

I was having a review my my boss, Monty. Monty was an odd sort corporate puke, a real remittance man kind of guy. Monty was trying to make a point about "guys like me." Exactly what kind of guy that was, I never fully determined, but I don't think it was anything I'd want to be. It had something to do with taking risks.

"Would you jump out of a plane?"

"It depends," I said, "But probably not unless I had to."

"Would you do it for a hundred dollars?"

"No."

"Would you do it if I gave you a million dollars."

"Monty," I said, "There are things in this world that you chose to do that have nothing to do with money. If you do it, money is just not an issue."

"I don't understand."

I then proceeded to explain that I already had my name on the map-- quite literally. I was a retired caver. By the time I was 25, I had already pushed a lead and discovered 300 yards of virgin cave. I'd been the first vertebrate in that section of cave, not just the first human. I did it, because the hole was there and I went in, and that was what I'd signed up for and I did it, and I was glad I did it and no one had given me any money to do it. In fact, I would not have risked my neck like that for any amount of money. There's now a section of cave under Sgt York's grave that bears my name.

Monty was stunned. The review ended there.

My point is, if I was hesitant to get the shot before, wtf would I want to do it, because the FDA approved it?
If COVID was a concern I’d get it today.

It never was and never will be.
No
EUA approved............Emergency Use Authorization - for what that is worth.
I don't get the flu shot and I see no reason to get this one either.
NO No & NO
Had both, still kickin..
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I don't get the flu shot and I see no reason to get this one either.

Same here.
Not me, I'm fine the way I am.
Originally Posted by deflave

I`m shocked! shocked
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm not getting it
No only no but HELL NO!

The FDA is part of the Government and they do what they are told by those in positions of influence and power. They will be told to approve it.
I trust them to the exact degree I trust Biden, Harris Fauci or Hillary.

You should to.
The FDA is led and run by those on the payroll of big pharmaceutical companies. The leadership at every level is directed by those companies. Retirement for the leadership goes to the paid positions in the companies. This is how reality works in this and most countries. If you think our form of FDA is based on elected representatives, you are correct; IF you realize that the only ones they represent are the heads of pharmaceutical companies.

Fools trust the gt agencies.
ATF protects your 2A rights......right?
IRS helps provide us everything we need and makes sure the billionaires "pay their fair share...right?
Your FDA makes sure that your food and drugs are healthy and safe too....right?
At this point, I see little reason to get a shot, if there was one available that provided either immunity or enhanced protection against severe symptoms. From the best I can tell, there isn't one available anyway, so quandry eliminated.

Secondly, the government is corrupt and generally against the people. They are pushing it. It's probably a good idea on that basis alone, to reject it.

Third...Bill Gates, Fauci and many private individuals pushing it, wouldn't tell the truth if it served them better. They are known population reduction fanatics. I don't want to be part of the population that's reduced.

Fourth, there are a bunch of scientific/medical reasons that at the very least, make the shot seem counterproductive.

Fifth, there are religious/political issues at play which make me say I won't take the shot.

None of this is in order of importance. Bottom-line is that the FDA has little to do with my own decision. It's just another aspect of several points I mentioned, along with the fact that you can't sue the makers if something goes south. Statistics have apparently been compromised to the point of being non-usable in this and many other things at this point.
no
at this juncture and with this much politics involved, NO NO NO!!!!!
NO...Have never taken a Flu shot at 60,have no plans to start with experimental vaccine.
Dosent seem like a lot of weight put on the decision per FDA approval.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Exactly.

I had it so I have antibodies.

If it weren't for the hype I’d have kept going to work; I’ve had colds affect me worse.

How that could change in the future? I don’t know. But there is a long term study of its effects on people going on right now and I’m happy to be in the control group.
It's not a vaccine................people need to understand that & quite thinking of it in terms of a vaccine that prevents a disease.

It's a mitigator, just like a normal flu shot, pure & simple..................but until some genuine impartial long term data is presented on it's long term effects, I ain't takin' it. Just too many unanswered questions.

And the odds of an impartial source providing data are slim & none.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's not a vaccine................people need to understand that & quite thinking of it in terms of a vaccine that prevents a disease.

It's a mitigator, just like a normal flu shot, pure & simple..................but until some genuine impartial long term data is presented on it's long term effects, I ain't takin' it. Just too many unanswered questions.

And the odds of an impartial source providing data are slim & none.

MM

PREZACTLY!

There is truth .........right there!
I've had covid, & yet to decide on the shot.

But the FDA, or a bit more info might sway me.
How long will Covid threads run? I am thinking 2023...
I'm sitting this one out...even for a million or free college tuition. They don't want herd immunity, they want the whole herd!
Hell No!
Not a chance. I've had my run with it and wasn't impressed.
Yeah, right.
As I have posted previously I have had the two shots fully expecting them required to enter Canada for a fall BC hunt. Booked in 2018 for 2020, deferred to 2021 and, I suspect, deferred to 2022. A $10k deposit on a 16 day goat, moose and elk hunt with folks I have hunted before. I truly hope they survive.
If, by FDA approved you mean that traditional trials, with a traditional timeline, demonstrate that it is safe and effective?

That isn't going go happen, so I'm not going to take it.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Had both, still kickin..

I just got one, the J&J. My doctor and my wife’s doctor recommended that we do get the shot. I’m guessing they know more about the issue than me, but that’s just a guess. I could be wrong.
Negative

Earlier this afternoon my wife said she heard 2 local ambulance calls on her scanner for individuals who had just got their covid-19 shots. One was in their 60s and the other was a teenager.

Not happening. [bleep] that shot.
No. Still unproven.
Originally Posted by dale06
Had both, still kickin..

I just got one, the J&J. My doctor and my wife’s doctor recommended that we do get the shot. I’m guessing they know more about the issue than me, but that’s just a guess. I could be wrong.

I got the J&J two days ago and feel fine. Buddy of mine and I went fishing for a couple of hours this morning and had a great time. I caught a couple of nice hard, red inside rainbow. We stopped at the cleaning station at the top of the boat ramp.

I gutted the two gorgeous fish, put the guts and heads on ice, tossed the fish into the dumpster and just got home.

It was a great day, and the jab doesn't affect me at all.
Well if this was the Chi Com, China 1 party rule virus vaccination, approved by Colonel Chung dung whooo from the Wuhan department of Virology and weapons resource center --- that may make us more likely to buy in to volunteering for that shot in the arm.

Seriously: I do look forward to seeing Vaccines being fully approved, though not anytime soon. Though if this is done right that would be over 4 years out, 6year may be more like it.
I travel extensively. My doctor and his family has had the shot and recommended we do too. My wife, myself, parents and in-laws have all had the Pfizer shots and no ill effects. I've known one person that was otherwise healthy die from Covid and another in his 50's that is still having respiratory issues after almost a year.

I'm not naïve and I also don't wear a tin foil hat. Do your own research and make your own decision. That's what we did. While it's true the current vaccines haven't gone through the lengthy clinical trials that are normally required, they have gone through an approval process for safety and efficacy.
Why in F*** would I believe anything the FDA says? They have no more credibility than FBI, CIA, or any number of federal agencies.
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I travel extensively. My doctor and his family has had the shot and recommended we do too. My wife, myself, parents and in-laws have all had the Pfizer shots and no ill effects. I've known one person that was otherwise healthy die from Covid and another in his 50's that is still having respiratory issues after almost a year.

I'm not naïve and I also don't wear a tin foil hat. Do your own research and make your own decision. That's what we did. While it's true the current vaccines haven't gone through the lengthy clinical trials that are normally required, they have gone through an approval process for safety and efficacy.

There's a reason the ads on the radio say it's effective, NOT safe and effective.

The tech isn't new. Moderna has tried numerous times to get mRNA tech through trials without success. Phizer's been fined billions (yes, with a B) for lying about and suppressing trial data that was negative.

While these vaccines may end up being relatively safe, the issues with the tech involved haven't historically manifested in animal trials until much later.

Time will tell. I'll stay in the control group and watch it play out.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
I will not get it,approved or not.

So far as I understand it a vaccine introduces a specific trace organism for the body to develop anti-bodies to and recognise thus combating specific pathogens, the current covid shot introduces a non specific organism to create a cascade of the immune system so as to heighten the systems readiness to outside attack...with the issue being that the body has to be regularly re-heightened/triggered to keep it at peek readiness to combat nonspecific attack.

Thus those taking the covid injections are not "immunised" against the specific pathogen, rather they are pre-prepared for a broad non specific immunological attack including (hopefully) covid 19.

I am somewhat leery as to the wisdom of keeping the mammalian immune system at constant heightened readiness for a protracted period of time.

But that is a different issue than the one that really grates my teeth, which is the constant insistence that I "have to" be injected regardless of the risks or my wants.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Why in F*** would I believe anything the FDA says? They have no more credibility than FBI, CIA, or any number of federal agencies.

Ding ding we have a winner..... since the government took over the healthcare industry via Obama care they are not to be trusted

Basically they are throwing a handful of firecrackers into the ants nest to upset the ants so that they will chew a grasshopper to pieces.
It would not change my mind.

I and my wife have had the plague so i see no need to get it.
Already got mine!!!
With a growing number of virologists claiming that all the vaccinated will die in the next three years or less, there is no way in hell I will take that shot, and nobody I care about will unless they do it in spite of my loud and continuous warning and objection. The guy who figured out the HIV virus, a Nobel laureate is the latest to say this. He is saying we need to have a plan for cremating the bodies. Pretty blunt. When folks well known and regarded in the field are saying such things, nobody wants me to take that shot bad enough to get shot in the face. Add to that, psychopaths like Bill Gates being involved and people who have already and continue to profit from this pushing people to take the shot, to the point of offering cash incentives and threats of job termination, they can stick that shot as far up their azz as they can get it.

I do advocate for and hope for all democrats and many others in governments everywhere to take the shot, as well as the majority of chinese, and those habitually using welfare. Such could solve a lot of problems.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
With a growing number of virologists claiming that all the vaccinated will die in the next three years or less, there is no way in hell I will take that shot,

Care to share some specifics on these virologists, their credentials etc? I may need to start planning my funeral.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
With a growing number of virologists claiming that all the vaccinated will die in the next three years or less, there is no way in hell I will take that shot,

Care to share some specifics on these virologists, their credentials etc? I may need to start planning my funeral.

Don't bother, you will be fine.

Ever watch "I am Legend"?
Latest guy is Luc Montagnier. Nobel laureate for discovery of the HIV virus.

Also former Chief Scientist for Allergy and Respiratory as well as a VP at Pfizer, Michael Yeadon. PhD in Biology and Pharmacology.

There are more. Do your research. I am not saying these folks are right. I am saying that they know more than I do about the issue, and they will have a hard time getting much profit from their stance, so I will pass on the shot given the possible consequences, since I place more credibility in subject matter experts that are not profiting heavily from their position. YMMV.
My rule in life is that when someone tries to back me into a corner and demand that I do something, even if I don't see the harm in it I will refuse and fight. Educate me as to why something is right and I'll weigh the argument and make a decision. Demand that I do something and you'll get a (real or metaphoric) kick in the nutz.
Good rule. Pretty much live by that one, myself.
I am not gonna get that shot and I don't give a blue damn who says I should.
Had both, still kickin..

Your doc gets $$$$$ for each patient that gets the jab........................

Think about that for a while.

MM
I got the shot (Moderna) at the VA because I wanted to make sure that the airllines could not keep me off my trip to spend time with my brother. Anyway, Bronchitis flared up yesterday, had to take a covid test while there. Found out I was covid positive, so I am in my 8th day of quarantine for whatever good it will do. So I will be on the vaccinated but still have covid roles, for whatever good that does, but still will not wear a mask unless absolutely forced (like getting on a plane).
Originally Posted by goalie
If, by FDA approved you mean that traditional trials, with a traditional timeline, demonstrate that it is safe and effective?

That isn't going go happen, so I'm not going to take it.

That's exactly what I mean.
If it were approved, would it change your mind?

(it wouldn't mine)
Originally Posted by MAC
I am not gonna get that shot and I don't give a blue damn who says I should.

+1

No! memtb
Originally Posted by luv2safari
It was a great day, and the jab doesn't affect me at all.
YET
Absolutely not! Why in the world would anyone take an experimental vaccine to fight an experimental man made virus??? So if the virus didn't get you, why give them another chance by taking the vaccine??
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Absolutely not! Why in the world would anyone take an experimental vaccine to fight an experimental man made virus??? So if the virus didn't get you, why give them another chance by taking the vaccine??
Good answer
Last year the story, ( as I recall it), according to NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo was that it takes a few years to get a safe & proven vaccine and the Trump administration recklessly and dangerously rammed this unproven experimental vaccine of questionable safety onto the American public as if they were nothing more than guinea pigs. Now he's out there telling everyone to get vaccinated and offering enticements to do so. What changed? Near as I can figure it's because there's now a democrat in the White House and suddenly the vaccine is the savior and completely safe. I'm fed up with fear mongering liars who change their tune at the drop of a hat. Screw 'em all.
No.
© 24hourcampfire