Home
Posted By: byd Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
I'm a retired navy Chief and now a contractor for navy flight simulators coming soon, I will have to prove I've been vaccinated to get in the simulator building. My questions can that be done without violating HIPAA.
Yes, it can be done w/o violating HIPAA.
No more of a problem than your kids school requiring proof of immunizations, or a college requiring proof of immunization. HIPAA isn't an issue.
Forcing people to get a non FDA approved vaccine is a whole nother issue though.
Originally Posted by kingston
Yes, it can be done w/o violating HIPAA.

How ? They are not a health care provider for one.
Posted By: deflave Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Just tell them you’re a Christian Scientist.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
No more of a problem than your kids school requiring proof of immunizations, or a college requiring proof of immunization. HIPAA isn't an issue.
Forcing people to get a non FDA approved vaccine is a whole nother issue though.

wasn't the practice of requiring immunization records for school established before HIPAA?
(By HIPAA I am going on when we all were asked to fill out all of the privacy and release acknowledgement forms at the doctor's office?
Originally Posted by byd
I'm a retired navy Chief and now a contractor for navy flight simulators coming soon, I will have to prove I've been vaccinated to get in the simulator building. My questions can that be done without violating HIPAA.

I suspect the legal mechanism is your employer requiring (condition of employment) you to sign a form authorizing the release of that info just like employers do for drug tests.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Originally Posted by byd

Your company wouldn't be considered a HIPAA covered entity which allows them to ask for proof. HIPAA covered entities are generally centered around health care providers, health care insurance companies and their employees.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

wasn't the practice of requiring immunization records for school established before HIPAA?
(By HIPAA I am going on when we all were asked to fill out all of the privacy and release acknowledgement forms at the doctor's office?

All HIPAA means is your health records are protected from release by someone other than you. You can release as much info as you want. I can ask you, and you can tell me, but I can't go ask your doctor without your permission. You providing your own vaccine history doesn't violate HIPAA.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Your best bet is to ignore the "requirement". If that doesn't work, tell them you won't take the vaxxes because they tested on aborted fetal tissue.

HIPAA applies to other people, a medical practice, an employer, etc. disclosing your medical information without your consent.

You can voluntarily disclose it yourself without violating HIPAA..
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
And the reason we have HIPAA? Libs got pissy when their favorite sons were mad about having to share their HIV status in the 90s.

Democrats...the dog schit that keeps on sticking to freedom's shoe...
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Decline due to religious grounds?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
we just went down this path at work.

same as answers above

Work can ask and if you refuse can prevent you from coming into the office. It is not a violation.

In our case our company has decided to make coming into the offices voluntary for the time being and on the honor system that people that are not vaccinated will wear a mask

Over the last couple of weeks I've been in A LOT of places with signs saying "masks required if not vaccinated". Both here in WY and in DC and Boston. If you go by what I've seen very close to 100% of the population is vaccinated cause nobody is wearing masks.

Personally I think the signs are cover your ass things for companies.
I'm selling these for $ 19.95 a pop.
Good quality paper with a Territory of Guam medical dept stamp on it.
Hand written just a little better than an actual doctor.

Any fire members need one, PM me.
Can UPS over night express for additional $ 19.95.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: KFWA Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
its a mixed bag but I have noticed quite a few individuals still wearing masks, all age ranges but quite a few in the 30-50 range

I'd prefer they not and just have this schit go away, but to each his own as I sit here in an office that normally holds 800 people but has maybe 60 in today.
The responses in this thread are surprisingly well informed.

Is this some new variant of behavior here? Could it be a side effect of the vaccine causes people to learn the facts about a law rather than just stay ignorant and speculate wildly, make hollow threats, etc etc?
They can require it and it doesn't violate HIPPA. Doesn't sound like you can work from home so if thats the case then you have a choice. Get the vaccine and work there or don't get the vaccine and don't work there. It comes down to who you believe about the vaccines and how badly you want to work there.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
The responses in this thread are surprisingly well informed.

Is this some new variant of behavior here? Could it be a side effect of the vaccine causes people to learn the facts about a law rather than just stay ignorant and speculate wildly, make hollow threats, etc etc?

To be fair, a couple of our most prolific posters have yet to weight in.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

All HIPAA means is your health records are protected from release by someone other than you. You can release as much info as you want. I can ask you, and you can tell me, but I can't go ask your doctor without your permission. You providing your own vaccine history doesn't violate HIPAA.

Yes you can. It is incumbent upon the custodian of the records to maintain their confidentiality, and those custodians are supposed to be trained in HIPAA, but you are free to ask as you are not a medical provider or insurer.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Complain to the ALCU that you being discriminated against or that you identify with having been vaccinated.
so attorney Robert Barnes, look him up a fascinating guy to listen to, BTW makes this suggestion when faced with this. He says don't say you haven't been vaxxed or you're not going to be. Instead say I may have been Vaxxed but I thought my medical records were private, can you please clarify why you want access to them? then see what HR does about it. also the vaccine is currently only emergency use authorized

Originally Posted by Sprint11

Yes you can. It is incumbent upon the custodian of the records to maintain their confidentiality, and those custodians are supposed to be trained in HIPAA, but you are free to ask as you are not a medical provider or insurer.

You can ask all you want but if the inquirer is NOT one of those entities then the custodian cannot release the info without the consent of the owner (patient). For example, your employer can legally ask you your vaccine status, but if they request those records from your healthcare provider your provider cannot release that information without your authorization.
Originally Posted by renegade50

, I could use one of those, to bad my name isn't Mr Jones........
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

You can ask all you want but if the inquirer is NOT one of those entities then the custodian cannot release the info without the consent of the owner (patient). For example, your employer can legally ask you your vaccine status, but if they request those records from your healthcare provider your provider cannot release that information without your authorization.

Exactly
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Proof of vaccine and HIPAA - 07/22/21
Originally Posted by renegade50

Can I get a work excuse for something creative (leprosy, chronic diarrhea, elephantiasis of the ballsack) that will let me stay home for modern firearms deer season?
I'm assuming you want to work but don't want to take the shot. There are two ways to go about this.
1) Take employer to court. You will likely lose.
2) Download a blank form and make a counterfeit. No muss, no fuss, and is it really unethical to defraud the unethical? Pro Tip: Use a vpn and a TOR browser. The feds are desperate to maintain the charade.
Originally Posted by byd

Religious objection.
Where HIPAA comes into play in this case is that if you tell your employer, that now requires your employer to protect that information from release to another party without your consent.
The shot can be a requirement for employment just like they may require you to have drug test, urinalysis, etc.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Wanna bet?
Sure, big stud. Whatcha got?
© 24hourcampfire