Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
No more of a problem than your kids school requiring proof of immunizations, or a college requiring proof of immunization. HIPAA isn't an issue.
Forcing people to get a non FDA approved vaccine is a whole nother issue though.

wasn't the practice of requiring immunization records for school established before HIPAA?
(By HIPAA I am going on when we all were asked to fill out all of the privacy and release acknowledgement forms at the doctor's office?

All HIPAA means is your health records are protected from release by someone other than you. You can release as much info as you want. I can ask you, and you can tell me, but I can't go ask your doctor without your permission. You providing your own vaccine history doesn't violate HIPAA.

Yes you can. It is incumbent upon the custodian of the records to maintain their confidentiality, and those custodians are supposed to be trained in HIPAA, but you are free to ask as you are not a medical provider or insurer.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Complain to the ALCU that you being discriminated against or that you identify with having been vaccinated.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so attorney Robert Barnes, look him up a fascinating guy to listen to, BTW makes this suggestion when faced with this. He says don't say you haven't been vaxxed or you're not going to be. Instead say I may have been Vaxxed but I thought my medical records were private, can you please clarify why you want access to them? then see what HR does about it. also the vaccine is currently only emergency use authorized

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 07/22/21.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sprint11

All HIPAA means is your health records are protected from release by someone other than you. You can release as much info as you want. I can ask you, and you can tell me, but I can't go ask your doctor without your permission. You providing your own vaccine history doesn't violate HIPAA.

Yes you can. It is incumbent upon the custodian of the records to maintain their confidentiality, and those custodians are supposed to be trained in HIPAA, but you are free to ask as you are not a medical provider or insurer.

You can ask all you want but if the inquirer is NOT one of those entities then the custodian cannot release the info without the consent of the owner (patient). For example, your employer can legally ask you your vaccine status, but if they request those records from your healthcare provider your provider cannot release that information without your authorization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm selling these for $ 19.95 a pop.
Good quality paper with a Territory of Guam medical dept stamp on it.
Hand written just a little better than an actual doctor.

Any fire members need one, PM me.
Can UPS over night express for additional $ 19.95.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

, I could use one of those, to bad my name isn't Mr Jones........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

You can ask all you want but if the inquirer is NOT one of those entities then the custodian cannot release the info without the consent of the owner (patient). For example, your employer can legally ask you your vaccine status, but if they request those records from your healthcare provider your provider cannot release that information without your authorization.

Exactly

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm selling these for $ 19.95 a pop.
Good quality paper with a Territory of Guam medical dept stamp on it.
Hand written just a little better than an actual doctor.

Any fire members need one, PM me.
Can UPS over night express for additional $ 19.95.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Can I get a work excuse for something creative (leprosy, chronic diarrhea, elephantiasis of the ballsack) that will let me stay home for modern firearms deer season?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm assuming you want to work but don't want to take the shot. There are two ways to go about this.
1) Take employer to court. You will likely lose.
2) Download a blank form and make a counterfeit. No muss, no fuss, and is it really unethical to defraud the unethical? Pro Tip: Use a vpn and a TOR browser. The feds are desperate to maintain the charade.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byd
I'm a retired navy Chief and now a contractor for navy flight simulators coming soon, I will have to prove I've been vaccinated to get in the simulator building. My questions can that be done without violating HIPAA.

Religious objection.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Where HIPAA comes into play in this case is that if you tell your employer, that now requires your employer to protect that information from release to another party without your consent.
The shot can be a requirement for employment just like they may require you to have drug test, urinalysis, etc.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Wanna bet?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sure, big stud. Whatcha got?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1234, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,859 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.