Home
Posted By: Hubert Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ? Wallmart has a 28 ga semiauto shotgun for sale.. I am thinking of getting one . they are very cheap made in Turkey.. I have been reading about them and for the price seem to be ok for the casual Squirrel/Rabbit hunter.. I have enough shells to last for a couple seasons of squirrel and Rabbit hunting ,any true advice would be appreciated... Thanks.
Posted By: mart Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
I wonder how they compare to the McCoy shotguns. 😁
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
Cheap and inexpensive are different things.

You'll never wear it out in your lifetime.
Posted By: dassa Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
I bought both a 12 and a 20 gauge when Wal-Mart was clearing them out a few years ago. The twelve has been flawless. The 20 I had to break in with heavier loads, but it seems to cycle everything now.

On a side note, the twelve will cycle aguila mini shells if you only put one in the magazine. If you put two in the magazine, it creates a he'll of a jam.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You might be right,, my lifetime may be short..
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
I asked the same question awhile back and mainly got negative answers. As such, I didn't buy one.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
I have a port for medical treatments beside my R shoulder ,a hard kicking gun is a problem.. a 410 is ok.. a 20 ga is border line.. I believe a 28 ga would be fine. with normal loads...
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/22/21
I bought a yildiz 28 o/u from academy a few years ago for quail. love it. 28 has very little recoil and lot more punch than a 410
Posted By: blanket Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/23/21
I have a 20 SAS that has worked flawless for about 300 rds. Cleaned it and oiled with rem.oil. has a lower recoil implies than others
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/24/21
I am thinking the semi auto should be a little softer shooting. Right or wrong??
Posted By: tzone Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/24/21
Lmao.
They are the single biggest POS of a firearm I’ve held in my hands. Yep, I bought one. A 12ga single shot. Paid a grand total of $69 at Walmart 3 years ago. It’s over priced by $64.

Right in the box it says “enjoy hours of enjoyment.”

Well the enjoyment is for whoever watches your shoot that pile of crap. I’ve held 2x4’s that fit better. Wear gloves if you got the 12ga. She bucks.

There is no choke of any kind that I can tell. So, hopefully you’re close to whatever it is you’re shooting at.

It’s leaning on the corner or the shack by the door. Somebody broke in and took everything of value. They left the Hatfield.

Other than that, it’s a decent shotgun.

I disagree. You’ll wear it out within a box of shells.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/24/21
Originally Posted by tzone
Lmao.
They are the single biggest POS of a firearm I’ve held in my hands. Yep, I bought one. A 12ga single shot. Paid a grand total of $69 at Walmart 3 years ago. It’s over priced by $64.

Well the enjoyment is for whoever watches your shoot that pile of crap. I’ve held 2x4’s that fit better. Wear gloves if you got the 12ga. She bucks.

There is no coke of any kind that I can tell. So, hopefully you’re close to whatever it is you’re shooting at.

It’s leaning on the corner or the shack by the door. Somebody broke in and took everything of value. They left the Hatfield.

Should have bought the McCoy 😁
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/24/21

There is no coke of any kind that I can tell.
That tears it! I always get coke when I shotgun.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Lmao.

There is no coke of any kind that I can tell. So, hopefully you’re close to whatever it is you’re shooting at.

Should have bought the McCoy 😁

It sure sounds like it! laugh
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

There is no coke of any kind that I can tell.
That tears it! I always get coke when I shotgun.

It gives you the extra push you need to sort it out after a long days work.
Posted By: dassa Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/25/21
Lmao.

There is no choke of any kind that I can tell. So, hopefully you’re close to whatever it is you’re shooting at.

This is very important information for a guy asking about a semi auto.
Posted By: blanket Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/25/21
Mine is an SAS 20 gauge semi auto, has worked fine.
Posted By: tzone Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by dassa
Lmao.

I’ll type slow since you sound like a Texan….

Here’s the first sentenance of the post.

“ has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ?”
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/25/21
Lmao.

🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: dassa Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/25/21
Lmao.

Here's the second sentence:

"Wal-Mart has a 28 gauge semi auto for sale."

I guess "just the tip" means you can't last 2 seconds.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 08/31/21
don't make fun of my typing... my school did not have typing as a class... I am very old don't you see...
Posted By: dassa Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by Hubert
has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ? Wallmart has a 28 ga semiauto shotgun for sale.. I am thinking of getting one . they are very cheap made in Turkey.. I have been reading about them and for the price seem to be ok for the casual Squirrel/Rabbit hunter.. I have enough shells to last for a couple seasons of squirrel and Rabbit hunting ,any true advice would be appreciated... Thanks.

Did you get one?
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
I do not own one, but did a lot of research on them since Walmart has the semi-auto .410 for $249 dollars. I like sub-gauge shotguns.

From what I can tell, the 12 and 20ga guns perform decently. The 28 and .410's have pretty bad reviews. Enough so that I didn't get one. Even for $250.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
They are $236.00 here at WM.. I may buy one just to have and carry hunting a little.. there are no other 28 GA around for sale.. except for a couple of converted 20 ga Remingtons. they are heavier and more expensive.. I have read reports on the converts, and it is not good ..Money is not the problem, I can afford whatever I want, what I want is when I pull the trigger I want to hear a bang.

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun.. I have a 410 pump that is very good, but has a fixed choke, the Hatfield comes with 3 screw in chokes.. If it would work without trouble for a short time I would like to have it, I don't see the need to spend a lot of money for something I may only shoot a few times..I have100 28 ga shells that are new ; so I don't have to buy any shells for small game, would like to have a few slugs or
Buck shot , just in case I needed them.. HAHA..

My Dr. says I am in good health. for what I am going through and the exercise would help me.. thanks all, Hubert

Did you get one?

I am going to...
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun..

My Dr. says I am in good health. for what I am going through and the exercise would help me.. thanks all, Hubert

Thats why I had them put the port on my left side. I had the option. They said they normally put them on the right, but I didnt want to have to worry about it.
I will be trying out my 12 ga Hatfield semi auto tomorrow for dove... I picked mine up for just under $200...
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
#2 son, Angus, bought one at a gun show a few years ago. Before you start jumping all over me, I have to say that we all went through phases like that. It's okay. He's learned.

His idea was to have a light 20 gauge single shot for backpack/squirrel trips. That idea sounds really cool. The execution did not go so well. The Hatfield looked the part, but you had to hold it elevated in order for it to fire. I mean way up. Otherwise the firing pin wouldn't strike the primer. Even then, it was iffy on several brands of ammo. He took it back to the gun show and sold it at a $20 profit the next time around.
Originally Posted by shaman
#2 son, Angus, bought one at a gun show a few years ago. Before you start jumping all over me, I have to say that we all went through phases like that. It's okay. He's learned.

His idea was to have a light 20 gauge single shot for backpack/squirrel trips. That idea sounds really cool. The execution did not go so well. The Hatfield looked the part, but you had to hold it elevated in order for it to fire. I mean way up. Otherwise the firing pin wouldn't strike the primer. Even then, it was iffy on several brands of ammo. He took it back to the gun show and sold it at a $20 profit the next time around.

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?
about like the chances you and your son has a brain.
Posted By: Willto Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
I have one of the semi autos in 12 gauge. It was just too cheap not to try. I think I paid about 228 for it. Hell I have spend more than that on one meal taking friends and family out to dinner. Here is my experience with it.
From the start it cycled any high brass shotgun shells perfectly. Duck loads, turkey loads, buckshot. It did fine all the way down to even high brass 7 1/2's. At first however it would not cycle the low powered trap and dove loads at all. But I kept running boxes of the slightly heavier loads through it and after a break in period it now cycles everything fine.

Now how will it hold up in the long run? Who knows. But I just got it as a lark to play with anyway. I have several other semiauto shotguns.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/01/21
Even if it is hunting gun.

The question to ask yourself is.

Would you trust your life with it if it came down to that???
Went out this morning for the Dove opener. Grabbed the Hatfield and it wouldnt take a shell in the magazine. Then I figured out the plug from the factory is a safety plug (must be a lawyer thing). It came with 2 different length plugs and I put the wrong one back in when I disassembled and cleaned it new. My fault. I ended up cutting the orange plug down 2 shell lengths and reinstalled it. Loaded some shells in and went to town. I have to say, this is the softest shooting shotgun that I have ever used. It worked flawlessly with Federal low brass #8s and 7 1/2. Never missed a beat. Points and shoots well. I'm very happy with the way it handles. After getting home, I replaced the cut plug with the shorter factory plug and double checked that it would take 2 shells in the magazine.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?

I feel the same way about Mossberg shot guns... Bought one that firing pin wouldn't strike the primer unless you pulled forward on the action. I sent it back to the factory twice and it came back with the same problems. I sold it at the next gun show. Will never own another Mossberg. Burn me once,,, never again.

I have Mossbergs and none ever missed a lick..
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/02/21

This isn't the first Hatfield I've seen. My buddy brought a Hatfield 20 GA auto out for his first turkey hunt. The bolt shattered on the 3rd round

My sincerest apologies to you Mister Herbert. I figured you'd like to hear what a sincerely craptastic piece of work I'd seen with the Hatfield logo on it. This follows along with all the other popularly-priced miscarriages of manufacturing and technology I've seen coming from Turkish Manufacturers and given white-bread brand names. You and all the other little Herberts can be assured that I'll never make the same mistake again. Enjoy your shotgun.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/02/21
I’d buy a shotgun.

When you’re done with your boo-boo and 28 gauge ammo you can sell it for a few hundred cheaper than you paid for it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/02/21
my port leaked once

Tandoor Indian Buffet
Wait

What does all this have to do with a Goodwing Trike?
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/02/21

This isn't the first Hatfield I've seen. My buddy brought a Hatfield 20 GA auto out for his first turkey hunt. The bolt shattered on the 3rd round

My sincerest apologies to you Mister Herbert. I figured you'd like to hear what a sincerely craptastic piece of work I'd seen with the Hatfield logo on it. This follows along with all the other popularly-priced miscarriages of manufacturing and technology I've seen coming from Turkish Manufacturers and given white-bread brand names. You and all the other little Herberts can be assured that I'll never make the same mistake again. Enjoy your shotgun.

Thanks, But you don't have to worry about it anymore, it was raining too hard for me to want to fight the rain to get it. so I waited until today... and thanks to Jesus it was sold before I got there this morning and there was no more in stock, and they are not getting anymore.... Jesus looks out for me and helps me not make so many mistakes.. but thanks for your input..I won't be looking for one anymore. I have other guns to play with..
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/02/21

Thanks, But you don't have to worry about it anymore, it was raining too hard for me to want to fight the rain to get it. so I waited until today... and thanks to Jesus it was sold before I got there this morning and there was no more in stock, and they are not getting anymore.... Jesus looks out for me and helps me not make so many mistakes.. but thanks for your input..I won't be looking for one anymore. I have other guns to play with..

So you:

1) Ask about Hatfield shotguns here, from thousands of members.

2) Get told they are disaster waiting to happen.

3) In spite of what you learned, you ventured out to buy one anyway.

4) Couldn't buy one, and decided Jesus saved you $250.

Right?
I always blamed the jesus for guns and deals I missed out on
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/03/21

So you:

1) Ask about Hatfield shotguns here, from thousands of members.

2) Get told they are disaster waiting to happen.

3) In spite of what you learned, you ventured out to buy one anyway.

4) Couldn't buy one, and decided Jesus saved you $250.

Right?

No he saved my life , it probably would of blew up and killed me, he looks out for me not my money...
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/03/21
I don't know who actually makes Hatfield Shotguns. Whoever he is, he ain't named Hatfield.

When the Krauts make a gun, they don't hide it. Paul Mauser's name is still on all his work.
When the Czechs make a gun, they don't hide it. In fact, they advertise it and put --USA on the end.
When the Italians, Ruskies, and even the Chinese make a firearm, they don't disguise it.

So how come Mustafa the Goat Herder and his buddies all put whitebread names on their firearms? You'd think that being 'Made in Turkey' would be a stamp of honor. I'm just asking.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/03/21
Shaman,
Would you give your left nut for a really good, cheap shotgun?😉
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shaman,

Just so you know, that oriechto-whatzit set me back $5K. I put it all on the MasterCard, so I'd get points. I save points and get them cashed out and put in a savings account that I use for firearm purchases. Believe me, this next firearm is not going to be a Hatfield.

So to answer your question, NO. It would be a bad trade.

Oriechtomy-- that's the name of the procedure. Wait! That sounds a lot like the name of a Turkish firearms manufacturer. Coincidence?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
$5k with or without insurance?
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
Jesus wants you to buy a Benelli shotgun . Life is too short for a cheap junk shotgun .

28 gauge is for expert shooters , you will just be disappointed .
Posted By: dassa Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
I took my life in my hands yesterday, and took the Hatfield out for doves. Luckily, most of the doves have moved out with recent storms, so I only shot about a box of ammo. Nothing went wrong, so I'm think of playing the lottery tonight.
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
With. I shudder to think what the insurance had to pick up.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/04/21
I don't know who actually makes Hatfield Shotguns. Whoever he is, he ain't named Hatfield.

When the Krauts make a gun, they don't hide it. Paul Mauser's name is still on all his work.
When the Czechs make a gun, they don't hide it. In fact, they advertise it and put --USA on the end.
When the Italians, Ruskies, and even the Chinese make a firearm, they don't disguise it.

So how come Mustafa the Goat Herder and his buddies all put whitebread names on their firearms? You'd think that being 'Made in Turkey' would be a stamp of honor. I'm just asking.

CZ shotguns are all made in Turkey. So are the Winchester SXP pumps and Weatherby auto's and "made in Turkey" is stamped on them.
Posted By: shaman Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[CZ shotguns are all made in Turkey. So are the Winchester SXP pumps and Weatherby auto's and "made in Turkey" is stamped on them.

Those devious little Bohemians!

All I know is that if you're at gun show and someone is selling bottom-ejecting semi-autos mfg. by the Oriech-Tome gun works, walk away.
Posted By: tzone Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/05/21
They are $236.00 here at WM.. I may buy one just to have and carry hunting a little.. there are no other 28 GA around for sale.. except for a couple of converted 20 ga Remingtons. they are heavier and more expensive.. I have read reports on the converts, and it is not good ..Money is not the problem, I can afford whatever I want, what I want is when I pull the trigger I want to hear a bang.

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun.. I have a 410 pump that is very good, but has a fixed choke, the Hatfield comes with 3 screw in chokes.. If it would work without trouble for a short time I would like to have it, I don't see the need to spend a lot of money for something I may only shoot a few times..I have100 28 ga shells that are new ; so I don't have to buy any shells for small game, would like to have a few slugs or
Buck shot , just in case I needed them.. HAHA..

If you can find a newer remington I don’t they were converted 12’s. I believe they were built on a smaller frame. I could be mistaken.

Exactly right.

Can you run a pump ok? Or are you just looking for a semiauto? Remington 870 .410 or 28ga is a hellova lightweight shotgun.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shaman,

Just so you know, that oriechto-whatzit set me back $5K. I put it all on the MasterCard, so I'd get points. I save points and get them cashed out and put in a savings account that I use for firearm purchases. Believe me, this next firearm is not going to be a Hatfield.

So to answer your question, NO. It would be a bad trade.

Oriechtomy-- that's the name of the procedure. Wait! That sounds a lot like the name of a Turkish firearms manufacturer. Coincidence?

Oh boy...
5k on the card to get denutted and getting points from it.
And gonna buy a gun with the points!!!!

Win win!!!!

Shoulda just saved the 5k, got one of these for under a benjamin and gone for the full blown palace eunuch mode at home kit.
Week or 2 and both woulda just dropped right off.
😄😄😄😄😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/05/21
5,000 for that nutcedure?

Aint you go not insoants?

sheesh
Ball sacks....
They are either useful or they are not.

I just throw em over my shoulder like a continental soldier when my balls hang low.
Especially around nap time cause I'm a side sleeper anyways and they get some air that way too.

Oh ........
Do your balls hang low
Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie em in a knot
Can you tie em in a bow
Can you throw em over your shoulder
Like a continental soldier

Do your balls hang loooooooooooow....
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Hatfield shotguns - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by renegade50
Oh ........