Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Hubert

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?

This isn't the first Hatfield I've seen. My buddy brought a Hatfield 20 GA auto out for his first turkey hunt. The bolt shattered on the 3rd round

My sincerest apologies to you Mister Herbert. I figured you'd like to hear what a sincerely craptastic piece of work I'd seen with the Hatfield logo on it. This follows along with all the other popularly-priced miscarriages of manufacturing and technology I've seen coming from Turkish Manufacturers and given white-bread brand names. You and all the other little Herberts can be assured that I'll never make the same mistake again. Enjoy your shotgun.

Thanks, But you don't have to worry about it anymore, it was raining too hard for me to want to fight the rain to get it. so I waited until today... and thanks to Jesus it was sold before I got there this morning and there was no more in stock, and they are not getting anymore.... Jesus looks out for me and helps me not make so many mistakes.. but thanks for your input..I won't be looking for one anymore. I have other guns to play with..

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks, But you don't have to worry about it anymore, it was raining too hard for me to want to fight the rain to get it. so I waited until today... and thanks to Jesus it was sold before I got there this morning and there was no more in stock, and they are not getting anymore.... Jesus looks out for me and helps me not make so many mistakes.. but thanks for your input..I won't be looking for one anymore. I have other guns to play with..

So you:

1) Ask about Hatfield shotguns here, from thousands of members.

2) Get told they are disaster waiting to happen.

3) In spite of what you learned, you ventured out to buy one anyway.

4) Couldn't buy one, and decided Jesus saved you $250.

Right?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I always blamed the jesus for guns and deals I missed out on

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

So you:

1) Ask about Hatfield shotguns here, from thousands of members.

2) Get told they are disaster waiting to happen.

3) In spite of what you learned, you ventured out to buy one anyway.

4) Couldn't buy one, and decided Jesus saved you $250.

Right?

No he saved my life , it probably would of blew up and killed me, he looks out for me not my money...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know who actually makes Hatfield Shotguns. Whoever he is, he ain't named Hatfield.

When the Krauts make a gun, they don't hide it. Paul Mauser's name is still on all his work.
When the Czechs make a gun, they don't hide it. In fact, they advertise it and put --USA on the end.
When the Italians, Ruskies, and even the Chinese make a firearm, they don't disguise it.

So how come Mustafa the Goat Herder and his buddies all put whitebread names on their firearms? You'd think that being 'Made in Turkey' would be a stamp of honor. I'm just asking.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shaman,
Would you give your left nut for a really good, cheap shotgun?😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shaman,

Just so you know, that oriechto-whatzit set me back $5K. I put it all on the MasterCard, so I'd get points. I save points and get them cashed out and put in a savings account that I use for firearm purchases. Believe me, this next firearm is not going to be a Hatfield.

So to answer your question, NO. It would be a bad trade.

Oriechtomy-- that's the name of the procedure. Wait! That sounds a lot like the name of a Turkish firearms manufacturer. Coincidence?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$5k with or without insurance?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jesus wants you to buy a Benelli shotgun . Life is too short for a cheap junk shotgun .

28 gauge is for expert shooters , you will just be disappointed .

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I took my life in my hands yesterday, and took the Hatfield out for doves. Luckily, most of the doves have moved out with recent storms, so I only shot about a box of ammo. Nothing went wrong, so I'm think of playing the lottery tonight.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With. I shudder to think what the insurance had to pick up.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't know who actually makes Hatfield Shotguns. Whoever he is, he ain't named Hatfield.

When the Krauts make a gun, they don't hide it. Paul Mauser's name is still on all his work.
When the Czechs make a gun, they don't hide it. In fact, they advertise it and put --USA on the end.
When the Italians, Ruskies, and even the Chinese make a firearm, they don't disguise it.

So how come Mustafa the Goat Herder and his buddies all put whitebread names on their firearms? You'd think that being 'Made in Turkey' would be a stamp of honor. I'm just asking.

CZ shotguns are all made in Turkey. So are the Winchester SXP pumps and Weatherby auto's and "made in Turkey" is stamped on them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[CZ shotguns are all made in Turkey. So are the Winchester SXP pumps and Weatherby auto's and "made in Turkey" is stamped on them.

Those devious little Bohemians!

All I know is that if you're at gun show and someone is selling bottom-ejecting semi-autos mfg. by the Oriech-Tome gun works, walk away.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They are $236.00 here at WM.. I may buy one just to have and carry hunting a little.. there are no other 28 GA around for sale.. except for a couple of converted 20 ga Remingtons. they are heavier and more expensive.. I have read reports on the converts, and it is not good ..Money is not the problem, I can afford whatever I want, what I want is when I pull the trigger I want to hear a bang.

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun.. I have a 410 pump that is very good, but has a fixed choke, the Hatfield comes with 3 screw in chokes.. If it would work without trouble for a short time I would like to have it, I don't see the need to spend a lot of money for something I may only shoot a few times..I have100 28 ga shells that are new ; so I don't have to buy any shells for small game, would like to have a few slugs or
Buck shot , just in case I needed them.. HAHA..

My Dr. says I am in good health. for what I am going through and the exercise would help me.. thanks all, Hubert

If you can find a newer remington I don’t they were converted 12’s. I believe they were built on a smaller frame. I could be mistaken.

Last edited by tzone; 09/05/21.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
#2 son, Angus, bought one at a gun show a few years ago. Before you start jumping all over me, I have to say that we all went through phases like that. It's okay. He's learned.

His idea was to have a light 20 gauge single shot for backpack/squirrel trips. That idea sounds really cool. The execution did not go so well. The Hatfield looked the part, but you had to hold it elevated in order for it to fire. I mean way up. Otherwise the firing pin wouldn't strike the primer. Even then, it was iffy on several brands of ammo. He took it back to the gun show and sold it at a $20 profit the next time around.

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?

Exactly right.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

This isn't the first Hatfield I've seen. My buddy brought a Hatfield 20 GA auto out for his first turkey hunt. The bolt shattered on the 3rd round

My sincerest apologies to you Mister Herbert. I figured you'd like to hear what a sincerely craptastic piece of work I'd seen with the Hatfield logo on it. This follows along with all the other popularly-priced miscarriages of manufacturing and technology I've seen coming from Turkish Manufacturers and given white-bread brand names. You and all the other little Herberts can be assured that I'll never make the same mistake again. Enjoy your shotgun.

Can you run a pump ok? Or are you just looking for a semiauto? Remington 870 .410 or 28ga is a hellova lightweight shotgun.

Last edited by tzone; 09/05/21.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shaman,

Just so you know, that oriechto-whatzit set me back $5K. I put it all on the MasterCard, so I'd get points. I save points and get them cashed out and put in a savings account that I use for firearm purchases. Believe me, this next firearm is not going to be a Hatfield.

So to answer your question, NO. It would be a bad trade.

Oriechtomy-- that's the name of the procedure. Wait! That sounds a lot like the name of a Turkish firearms manufacturer. Coincidence?

Oh boy...
5k on the card to get denutted and getting points from it.
And gonna buy a gun with the points!!!!

Win win!!!!

Shoulda just saved the 5k, got one of these for under a benjamin and gone for the full blown palace eunuch mode at home kit.
Week or 2 and both woulda just dropped right off.
😄😄😄😄😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
5,000 for that nutcedure?

Aint you go not insoants?

sheesh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ball sacks....
They are either useful or they are not.

I just throw em over my shoulder like a continental soldier when my balls hang low.
Especially around nap time cause I'm a side sleeper anyways and they get some air that way too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oh ........
Do your balls hang low
Do they wobble to and fro
Can you tie em in a knot
Can you tie em in a bow
Can you throw em over your shoulder
Like a continental soldier

Do your balls hang loooooooooooow....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.