D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by tzone
Lmao.
They are the single biggest POS of a firearm I’ve held in my hands. Yep, I bought one. A 12ga single shot. Paid a grand total of $69 at Walmart 3 years ago. It’s over priced by $64.

Right in the box it says “enjoy hours of enjoyment.”

Well the enjoyment is for whoever watches your shoot that pile of crap. I’ve held 2x4’s that fit better. Wear gloves if you got the 12ga. She bucks.

There is no choke of any kind that I can tell. So, hopefully you’re close to whatever it is you’re shooting at.

It’s leaning on the corner or the shack by the door. Somebody broke in and took everything of value. They left the Hatfield.

Other than that, it’s a decent shotgun.

This is very important information for a guy asking about a semi auto.

I’ll type slow since you sound like a Texan….

Here’s the first sentenance of the post.

“ has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ?”

Here's the second sentence:

"Wal-Mart has a 28 gauge semi auto for sale."

I guess "just the tip" means you can't last 2 seconds.

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
don't make fun of my typing... my school did not have typing as a class... I am very old don't you see...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Hubert
has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ? Wallmart has a 28 ga semiauto shotgun for sale.. I am thinking of getting one . they are very cheap made in Turkey.. I have been reading about them and for the price seem to be ok for the casual Squirrel/Rabbit hunter.. I have enough shells to last for a couple seasons of squirrel and Rabbit hunting ,any true advice would be appreciated... Thanks.

Did you get one?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do not own one, but did a lot of research on them since Walmart has the semi-auto .410 for $249 dollars. I like sub-gauge shotguns.

From what I can tell, the 12 and 20ga guns perform decently. The 28 and .410's have pretty bad reviews. Enough so that I didn't get one. Even for $250.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
They are $236.00 here at WM.. I may buy one just to have and carry hunting a little.. there are no other 28 GA around for sale.. except for a couple of converted 20 ga Remingtons. they are heavier and more expensive.. I have read reports on the converts, and it is not good ..Money is not the problem, I can afford whatever I want, what I want is when I pull the trigger I want to hear a bang.

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun.. I have a 410 pump that is very good, but has a fixed choke, the Hatfield comes with 3 screw in chokes.. If it would work without trouble for a short time I would like to have it, I don't see the need to spend a lot of money for something I may only shoot a few times..I have100 28 ga shells that are new ; so I don't have to buy any shells for small game, would like to have a few slugs or
Buck shot , just in case I needed them.. HAHA..

My Dr. says I am in good health. for what I am going through and the exercise would help me.. thanks all, Hubert

IC B2

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dassa
has anyone on here used a Hatfield shot gun ? Wallmart has a 28 ga semiauto shotgun for sale.. I am thinking of getting one . they are very cheap made in Turkey.. I have been reading about them and for the price seem to be ok for the casual Squirrel/Rabbit hunter.. I have enough shells to last for a couple seasons of squirrel and Rabbit hunting ,any true advice would be appreciated... Thanks.

Did you get one?

I am going to...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I have a port close to My Right shoulder that I need for cancer treatments.. I don't want to damage it with a hard kicking gun..

My Dr. says I am in good health. for what I am going through and the exercise would help me.. thanks all, Hubert

Thats why I had them put the port on my left side. I had the option. They said they normally put them on the right, but I didnt want to have to worry about it.
I will be trying out my 12 ga Hatfield semi auto tomorrow for dove... I picked mine up for just under $200...

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
#2 son, Angus, bought one at a gun show a few years ago. Before you start jumping all over me, I have to say that we all went through phases like that. It's okay. He's learned.

His idea was to have a light 20 gauge single shot for backpack/squirrel trips. That idea sounds really cool. The execution did not go so well. The Hatfield looked the part, but you had to hold it elevated in order for it to fire. I mean way up. Otherwise the firing pin wouldn't strike the primer. Even then, it was iffy on several brands of ammo. He took it back to the gun show and sold it at a $20 profit the next time around.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by shaman
#2 son, Angus, bought one at a gun show a few years ago. Before you start jumping all over me, I have to say that we all went through phases like that. It's okay. He's learned.

His idea was to have a light 20 gauge single shot for backpack/squirrel trips. That idea sounds really cool. The execution did not go so well. The Hatfield looked the part, but you had to hold it elevated in order for it to fire. I mean way up. Otherwise the firing pin wouldn't strike the primer. Even then, it was iffy on several brands of ammo. He took it back to the gun show and sold it at a $20 profit the next time around.

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shaman

So you are comparing a SINGLE SHOT TO A SEMI AUTO,,, I don't know what the hell that has to do with my Question,,

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
about like the chances you and your son has a brain.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have one of the semi autos in 12 gauge. It was just too cheap not to try. I think I paid about 228 for it. Hell I have spend more than that on one meal taking friends and family out to dinner. Here is my experience with it.
From the start it cycled any high brass shotgun shells perfectly. Duck loads, turkey loads, buckshot. It did fine all the way down to even high brass 7 1/2's. At first however it would not cycle the low powered trap and dove loads at all. But I kept running boxes of the slightly heavier loads through it and after a break in period it now cycles everything fine.

Now how will it hold up in the long run? Who knows. But I just got it as a lark to play with anyway. I have several other semiauto shotguns.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Even if it is hunting gun.

The question to ask yourself is.

Would you trust your life with it if it came down to that???

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Went out this morning for the Dove opener. Grabbed the Hatfield and it wouldnt take a shell in the magazine. Then I figured out the plug from the factory is a safety plug (must be a lawyer thing). It came with 2 different length plugs and I put the wrong one back in when I disassembled and cleaned it new. My fault. I ended up cutting the orange plug down 2 shell lengths and reinstalled it. Loaded some shells in and went to town. I have to say, this is the softest shooting shotgun that I have ever used. It worked flawlessly with Federal low brass #8s and 7 1/2. Never missed a beat. Points and shoots well. I'm very happy with the way it handles. After getting home, I replaced the cut plug with the shorter factory plug and double checked that it would take 2 shells in the magazine.

Joe.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

If they can't build a single shot that works what are the chances they can build a auto that's worth a chit?

I feel the same way about Mossberg shot guns... Bought one that firing pin wouldn't strike the primer unless you pulled forward on the action. I sent it back to the factory twice and it came back with the same problems. I sold it at the next gun show. Will never own another Mossberg. Burn me once,,, never again.

Last edited by RoadRunner65; 09/01/21.

Joe.
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have Mossbergs and none ever missed a lick..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

This isn't the first Hatfield I've seen. My buddy brought a Hatfield 20 GA auto out for his first turkey hunt. The bolt shattered on the 3rd round

My sincerest apologies to you Mister Herbert. I figured you'd like to hear what a sincerely craptastic piece of work I'd seen with the Hatfield logo on it. This follows along with all the other popularly-priced miscarriages of manufacturing and technology I've seen coming from Turkish Manufacturers and given white-bread brand names. You and all the other little Herberts can be assured that I'll never make the same mistake again. Enjoy your shotgun.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’d buy a shotgun.

When you’re done with your boo-boo and 28 gauge ammo you can sell it for a few hundred cheaper than you paid for it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
my port leaked once

Tandoor Indian Buffet

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wait

What does all this have to do with a Goodwing Trike?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 22 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.