Home
Posted By: stxhunter shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
308 earlier that sounded like it had misfired and only hit a dud primer, literally just a click. the suppressed 22 was much loader, I think it qualifies as a silencer.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Subsonics? What suppressor?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Subsonics? What suppressor?

not sure , I'll ask Darrel but if you were standing a few feet away you wouldn't hear it.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Had to be subs. Even with full power loads it’s the biggest bang for your buck in the shooting world. I’d soooo much rather shoot suppressed than not.
My 300BO has no redeemable value to me but it’s so fun to shoot.
Posted By: ERK Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Must have been subsonic or you would still hear the crack. With standard loads don’t put your unprotected ears to close cause it will be bad. Edk
Yeah, probably subs and supers in the .22.

Bolt guns are quieter too
Posted By: scoony Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
I run a suppressor, but normally shoot regular supersonic loads. I did load up some 223 subsonic loads and the loudest sound is the bullet hitting the cardboard.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
I haven't seen a suppressor on a centerfire that was anywhere near as quiet as a suppressed/subsonic 22lr , a gunsmith shot a sub-ammo 308 in his back yard telling me how quiet it was - my ears rang for 2 days . He then shot a full house load = LOUD .

Saw a video on Suppressors - guy shot sub-sonic 223 - another guy video'd from behind a steel plate as the bullet went by = loud . No bullet was not shot into steel plate .

Friend of mine stood behind a tree 10' from a target listening to a 780fps pellet gun pellet coming past - much louder than you'd think .

I crow hunt w/a CZ 452 Style suppressed , 1050fps ammo -crows react no different than they do with non suppressed .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I haven't seen a suppressor on a centerfire that was anywhere near as quiet as a suppressed/subsonic 22lr , a gunsmith shot a sub-ammo 308 in his back yard telling me how quiet it was - my ears rang for 2 days . He then shot a full house load = LOUD .

Saw a video on Suppressors - guy shot sub-sonic 223 - another guy video'd from behind a steel plate as the bullet went by = loud . No bullet was not shot into steel plate .

Friend of mine stood behind a tree 10' from a target listening to a 780fps pellet gun pellet coming past - much louder than you'd think .

I crow hunt w/a CZ 452 Style suppressed , 1050fps ammo -crows react no different than they do with non suppressed .

What suppressor is he running? My cheap harvester 30 with .308’s won’t ring your ears in the least?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had to be subs. Even with full power loads it’s the biggest bang for your buck in the shooting world. I’d soooo much rather shoot suppressed than not.
My 300BO has no redeemable value to me but it’s so fun to shoot.

👆🏼
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
LOL it had to be subsonic. Anyone who can’t really hear a regular ,308 round through even the best suppressor in the world, is half deaf already.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

What suppressor is he running? My cheap harvester 30 with .308’s won’t ring your ears in the least?

I don't recall but it cost $800+ - was about 4-5 years ago .
Rog is jacking with us, now I remember his ears all [bleep] up.

😂
Posted By: Remsen Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
LOL it had to be subsonic. Anyone who can’t really hear a regular ,308 round through even the best suppressor in the world, is half deaf already.

I'm half deaf and run a Sandman Ti on my 7 08 and 7 mag. I can shoot without hearing protection when using the can but it's still not anywhere near silent.
Rog is jacking with us, now I remember his ears all [bleep] up.

😂

That women been riding his face and juice done ran down into his ears ,, seen it a hunnerd times .
Originally Posted by Remsen

I'm half deaf and run a Sandman Ti on my 7 08 and 7 mag. I can shoot without hearing protection when using the can but it's still not anywhere near silent.

Keep that up and the words HUH/WHAT/SAY AGAIN will become most of your vocabulary smile .
Posted By: rainshot Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Suppressors are nice if you can manage the extra weight out front. The only way to get fully suppressed is with subsonic loads. At least that’s the way it is with mine. Mine does lower the sound quite a bit and takes some recoil out. I use an APA little B most of the time.
Posted By: deflave Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
You're not getting rid of the crack unless you get it subsonic.

This is 520yds away from a suppressed .308 and that's with poor audio:

Sounds like he was running the wrong schit in his 22LR as most of the sound generated from standard ammo comes from the crack. If you run a 24" bolt gun with subsonics you will be damn close to what you can get with subs and a 16" suppressed.

There is some utility in sub-sonic .308's if you shoot them on rare occasion. I ended up dumping the idea and went .300BO. It's a much better mousetrap if you're after 200ish grains and SS.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Suppressors are nice if you can manage the extra weight out front. The only way to get fully suppressed is with subsonic loads. At least that’s the way it is with mine. Mine does lower the sound quite a bit and takes some recoil out. I use an APA little B most of the time.

To be honest, the weight is so minimal it’s inconsequential.
Especially with barrel lengths in the 16”-20” range.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Aside from saving some hearing loss, which is huge. Where is most of the hunting benefits found in running suppressed?

I’m thinking hog hunting would be one example.

🦫
Originally Posted by deflave

This is 520yds away from a suppressed .308 and that's with poor audio:

Sounds like he was running the wrong schit in his 22LR as most of the sound generated from standard ammo comes from the crack. If you run a 24" bolt gun with subsonics you will be damn close to what you can get with subs and a 16" suppressed.

There is some utility in sub-sonic .308's if you shoot them on rare occasion. I ended up dumping the idea and went .300BO. It's a much better mousetrap if you're after 200ish grains and SS.

Definitely, Running compressed loads normally means lower ES/SD. Less powder = less case capacity. Using a 32oz big gulp cup for a shot glass is stupid.

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Aside from saving some hearing loss, which is huge. Where is most of the hunting benefits found in running suppressed?

🦫

There’s no downside to hunting suppressed that I know of?
There’s no trade off Beav, nothing but gain.

A crowd of rioters are coming down the street to your neighborhood. If you had to choose between a 300BO sub suppressed SBR and a standard length 556, which would you rather have? The schit’s hitting the fan, scumbags everywhere, ranges between 10-150 feet.

🦫

The recoil reduction is pretty impressive with the cans I run. It's like having a brake without the noise.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Even with the crack it confuses them and they can't tell where the shot came from.

Some times they tend to run over you because of that.

🦫

The recoil reduction is pretty impressive with the cans I run. It's like having a brake without the noise.

I think it’s 25-30 percent reduction,

A crowd of rioters are coming down the street to your neighborhood. If you had to choose between a 300BO sub suppressed SBR and a standard length 556, which would you rather have? The schit’s hitting the fan, scumbags everywhere, ranges between 10-150 feet.

16” suppressed .308 with 155gr scenars at 2400fps.

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

I’m not a cool kid, yet. No cans here. But, if I wanted to suppress a 22 LR or 17 HMR

Would a Thunder Beast 22 Takedown be a solid choice ?

🦫

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

I’m not a cool kid, yet. No cans here. But, if I wanted to suppress a 22 LR or 17 HMR

🦫

Silencerco sparrow or dead air mask Beav.

Jump in, the waters warm as bath water!
The only downside is extra weight and length out front. That’s easily remedied with a LW gun with shorter barrel . Shooting suppressed is WELL worth all the costs.
yes, it was sub-sonic ammo.

well, I am.

For that specific purpose I’d take my BO all day.

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Suppressing a .17HMR is stupid IMO.

If you want one can and the UTMOST utility it is 22LR.

Hands down.

Hands down.

Would you trust a suppressed subsonic 22 semi automatic SBR in the rioter scenario above?
I ask because I was thinking of getting one of the M&P 22 with the integrally suppressed barrel. Full length is actually just over the SBR limit but I’d still need the suppressor approved.

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Laffin...I’ve been reluctant with the wait period to get them out of jail.

Beave’s impatient...It’s time to get on with it.

Flave, idk, I shoot about 70-30 17 HMR and 17 WSM to my 22 LR. Put two in at once I figure.

🦫

Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Hands down.

I agree! I have a CZ 455 22LR with a suppressor. It’s great with pests. My Gamo is louder.

Hands down.

Would you trust a suppressed subsonic 22 semi automatic SBR in the rioter scenario above?

I was speaking to overall utility. If I think I'm going to have to shoot people I would prefer a people shooter.

Having said that, I have no doubt that a suppressed 22LR could change the direction of any mob in short order.

Flave, idk, I shoot about 70-30 17 HMR and 17 WSM to my 22 LR. Put two in at once I figure.

🦫

If you're doing a lot of calling with those type setups I guess it would work out alright. But nine times out of ten when a person hears that sonic crack with a variety of chamberings they realize they want their suppressed guns to be suppressed. Big/medium game and serious varmint hunters (pigs and dogs) are the exception. But you won't get any pleasure shooting a bunch of ammo out of a suppressed .17HMR or WSM without hearing protection.

I recommend people buy the can for their designated gun. Leave it on there, and let that be it.

So for example my centerfire rifle can is .308 and stays on my BO. Reload or not, I can always obtain subsonic ammo for that thing and it is designed to function at speed.

My centerfire pistol can is .45 cal. and stays on my 45 ACP. Same thing. Reload or not, I can always have subsonic ammo for that thing with bullets that are designed to function at those speeds.

My 22LR is the only can that jumps a bit. It almost always stays on my Buckmark but I do swap it to my CZ 455 when I need it. But same principle. Out of my Buckmark I don't need special ammo. Any type of standard velocity 22LR will be subsonic out of that gun and stay Hollywood quiet.

Which is what I prefer.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

I agree! I have a CZ 455 22LR with a suppressor. It’s great with pests. My Gamo is louder.

No better feeling than killing your neighbor's cat in town!
Posted By: DMc Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Any news on the in-state Texas suppressor law? Anyone know?

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

I second the sparrow recommendation. I have one on a 22/45 and it's become my favorite weapon to shoot. Add a bottle of vodka and it's a real party.

🦫

If you're doing a lot of calling with those type setups I guess it would work out alright. But nine times out of ten when a person hears that sonic crack with a variety of chamberings they realize they want their suppressed guns to be suppressed. Big/medium game and serious varmint hunters (pigs and dogs) are the exception. But you won't get any pleasure shooting a bunch of ammo out of a suppressed .17HMR or WSM without hearing protection.

I recommend people buy the can for their designated gun. Leave it on there, and let that be it.

So for example my centerfire rifle can is .308 and stays on my BO. Reload or not, I can always obtain subsonic ammo for that thing and it is designed to function at speed.

My centerfire pistol can is .45 cal. and stays on my 45 ACP. Same thing. Reload or not, I can always have subsonic ammo for that thing with bullets that are designed to function at those speeds.

My 22LR is the only can that jumps a bit. It almost always stays on my Buckmark but I do swap it to my CZ 455 when I need it. But same principle. Out of my Buckmark I don't need special ammo. Any type of standard velocity 22LR will be subsonic out of that gun and stay Hollywood quiet.

Which is what I prefer.

And like magic, it all becomes clear. “You won’t get any pleasure shooting a bunch of ammo out of a suppressed 17 HMR/WSM without ears on”

Understood

22 LR can makes sense.

Thanks !

🦫

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

I second the sparrow recommendation. I have one on a 22/45 and it's become my favorite weapon to shoot. Add a bottle of vodka and it's a real party.

I’ve heard that you want a suppressor that you can easily clean the baffles inside.

Is the Sparrow one that is quick and ez to maintain ?

I’m not up to any speed on cans and what to look for....All I know is I’m figuring on spending about $400 max for the suppressor, not including the tax stamp.

Hell, just point me “North” and I’ll go with whatever is suggested based on user’s experiences

🦫

All 22LR cans these days can be taken apart for cleaning. Including Sparrows.

And like magic, it all becomes clear. “You won’t get any pleasure shooting a bunch of ammo out of a suppressed 17 HMR/WSM without ears on”

Understood

22 LR can makes sense.

Thanks !

🦫

GFY
It's pretty easy to clean the sparrow once you've done it a few times. I just use some cleaner and a .40 cal brass case to get the buildup off once I pull it apart.
It's pretty easy to clean the sparrow once you've done it a few times. I just use some cleaner and a .40 cal brass case to get the buildup off once I pull it apart.

Buy a sonic cleaner you thrifty bastard.

Understood

22 LR can makes sense.

Thanks !

🦫

GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Holy crap...I was informed before I could get offended.
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

Holy crap...I was informed before I could get offended.

Yeah, me too.

Flavor, is in a giving mood.

Next he’ll be sharing his Chlamydia with us.

🦫
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

Like 👍🏼

🦫
Posted By: kingston Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

I have that same knife. I hate the blade design.
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

PS

Counselor, your yard is a waiting law suit to happen.

🤣🦫
Originally Posted by kingston

Stop shoving it up your ass.
Remsen's lawn mower must hate him.

I'll happily send it your way, the serrated section sucks.

Is it a Kershaw?
Remsen's lawn mower must hate him.

Probably has stacks of 100s taped under the mower deck.

Is it a Kershaw?

A fine Oregon Company

🙄🦫
King, since you’re in a giving mood, you can send any Benchmade blades my way...Sans any with a serrated blade.

🦫

A fine Oregon Company

🙄🦫

Junk.

Is it a Kershaw?

Yes
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
I spent only 7 days shooting a suppressed rifle. It was in Botswana with a loaned straight-pull Eurotrash Blaser in .30-'06. 8 shots, 7 kills from warthog to eland (had to shoot the wartie twice). Positive overall experience.

As far as serrated blades, once upon a midnight clear, a buddy of mine put old Kingston on a ~90lb bluefin south of the Vineyard on the troll. After hauling the feesh over the rail, I took my run-of-the-mill Benchmade 4" half serrated folder and did what needed to be done for sashimi grade tuna flesh. Brian seemed impressed and intrigued, and said that he never cared for serrated blades but after seeing me go full gewk-monster on that tuna and having had it properly prepped in about 4 minutes, declared that he wanted one.

About 3 weeks later, he writes to say that he bought one and HATED the serrations and that I must've cheated when I pulled his feesh apart with mine. Maybe he was right, maybe he was wong. Never knowee!

wink
King, since you’re in a giving mood, you can send any Benchmade blades my way...Sans any with a serrated blade.

🦫

Only if I don't have to stick them up my ass first.

🦫

Only if I don't have to stick them up my ass first.

Laffin

🦫
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I spent only 7 days shooting a suppressed rifle. It was in Botswana with a loaned straight-pull Eurotrash Blaser in .30-'06. 8 shots, 7 kills from warthog to eland (had to shoot the wartie twice). Positive overall experience.

As far as serrated blades, once upon a midnight clear, a buddy of mine put old Kingston on a ~90lb bluefin south of the Vineyard on the troll. After hauling the feesh over the rail, I took my run-of-the-mill Benchmade 4" half serrated folder and did what needed to be done for sashimi grade tuna flesh. Brian seemed impressed and intrigued, and said that he never cared for serrated blades but after seeing me go full gewk-monster on that tuna and having had it properly prepped in about 4 minutes, declared that he wanted one.

About 3 weeks later, he writes to say that he bought one and HATED the serrations and that I must've cheated when I pulled his feesh apart with mine. Maybe he was right, maybe he was wong. Never knowee!

wink

I thought you were gonna say you shot the tuna with a suppressed 06.

🦫
Serrated blades are for people who don't know how to sharpen a knife.

Is it a Kershaw?

Yes

Kershaw is the Yiddish word for "not expensive."

They are beneath Flave.
Luckily, I learned from the best.

Luckily, I learned from the best.

LOL
Perhaps. I think at least one example you've witnessed demonstrated 'in the field' that any old one can work just fine, assuming the guy wielding it actually knows how to run a breakdown using any kind of knife for the butchering purposes, no?

Ask duck call Jesus about this. Be prepared for a flogging and a lesson RE: taking it easy on the awful hail calls...

'Loud calling doesn't scare the ducks. BAD calling scares the ducks!'

wink
Perhaps. I think at least one example you've witnessed demonstrated 'in the field' that any old one can work just fine, assuming the guy wielding it actually knows how to run a breakdown using any kind of knife for the butchering purposes, no?

Are you talking about the little three bladed Case that Roger was using to trim his toenails with on DVD's boat?

I'm reminded of the saying, "let the chips fall where they may."

Ask duck call Jesus about this. Be prepared for a flogging and a lesson RE: taking it easy on the awful hail calls...

'Loud calling doesn't scare the ducks. BAD calling scares the ducks!'

wink

More lessons from the Baymen...
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

Where did you get that huge iPhone?

I want one !

🦫
Not all serrations are created equal and some work exceedingly well.

If you look at Spyderco’s classic serration you’ll see what I mean. Match that with a sharpener designed to sharpen serrations and they will cut, slice, peel with any straight edge.

If you look at Spyderco’s classic serration you’ll see what I mean. Match that with a sharpener designed to sharpen serrations and they will cut, slice, peel with any straight edge.

I have a serrated version of Spyderco's original kitchen knife. It's a great can opener.

Cutco serrated knives are wicked sharp and hold up.

Nothing like parting out an animal with a knife that looks and feels like a 1960’s kitchen utensil.

🦫
Is it wicked sharp?
Serrated blades belong on sickle bars.
Is it wicked sharp?

Wickedly, wicked.

🦫
Serrated blades belong on sickle bars.

You gotta use a good one.

Oh, and one or the other. No 50/50.
Y’all fuqq stik’s seen a suppressor thread around here?
subway serrated knives are f-cking sharp didn't even feel it cut me.

Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

tanto blade?
CRKT offered different blades you could swap in.

now back to the quiet show...

🦫

Which is what I prefer.

CGS Siren, this can is dedicated and purchased that way, not rated for magnum’s. I’ve pretty much gone the same route. Osprey stays on the Dan Wesson but I did run it on the BO until my Helix came in.

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Sparrow and TBAC takedown22 rock. Dead Air mask is still in jail....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
homemade from camo G-10
Originally Posted by huntsman22
homemade from camo G-10

Nice work
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
I went with a Sandman Ti for my 300 BO as my first, I have a Dead Air 22 in jail. It is going on a Ruger pistol and maybe getting one of my CZ452’s threaded.

We're still trying to explain to Oregon that the sooner you order the sooner you have.

They tend to struggle with the concept of time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by stxhunter

You stole a Subway knife?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
If a fella can hold steady there's no problem with pigs or crowd control with a .22 RF, even if shooting that crappy Russian ammo.

This is my sparrow.

[Linked Image]

PS

Counselor, your yard is a waiting law suit to happen.

🤣🦫

I once thought it was a good idea to try to get some of that under control. I made it about 5 feet from the porch and realized that if the Good Lord wanted the area to be mowed, He'd just have another wildfire run through the area. The yard keeps going for many miles until it hits the Crazies (it's only mine for 20 acres, though).

[Linked Image]

We're still trying to explain to Oregon that the sooner you order the sooner you have.

FNX? I couldn’t find one when I got the Wesson but I’m
Not disappointed at all especially with accuracy.

I’ll send Beav a PM with pretty pictures explaining how the buying process works... grin

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If a fella can hold steady there's no problem with pigs or crowd control with a .22 RF, even if shooting that crappy Russian ammo.

Barbarian,

I don't think that bullet was stabilized. Hole looks oblong.

I’ll send Beav a PM with pretty pictures explaining how the buying process works... grin

Springfield XD.

I once thought it was a good idea to try to get some of that under control. I made it about 5 feet from the porch and realized that if the Good Lord wanted the area to be mowed, He'd just have another wildfire run through the area. The yard keeps going for many miles until it hits the Crazies (it's only mine for 20 acres, though).

[Linked Image]

Apply for a mountain goat in the Crazies every year.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Find a SilencerCo shop /dealer. They have a kiosk now that takes your fingerprints and demographics and allows them to create your trust. One check and out the door.

Painless. Except for the waiting.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Curious about two things:

1) Why is the waiting period so long?

2) Where/how the fughk did Roger get a Subway knife?

[Linked Image]

One of these days, I will get the basics of being a Montana resident figured out, and it will all be because of Deacon Flave.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

The Feds have all hands in deck in the white supremacist/Homeland Security battle.

[Linked Image]

One of these days, I will get the basics of being a Montana resident figured out, and it will all be because of Deacon Flave.

#PraiseTheLort

1.) The same reason it takes seven hours at a DMV to renew your driver's license.

2.) He's Mexican. Do the math.

1.) The same reason it takes seven hours at a DMV to renew your driver's license.

2.) He's Mexican. Do the math.

Oh.

guy who's ranch I'm staying on owns several subways.

You know there was a hoochie mama involved.

You know there was a hoochie mama involved.

'Ol Rog, probably helped one of the counter girls "move" in exchange for a bread knife.

LOL

j/k Roger
Think ill make my own can.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21

I am sure the tile and grout work will be top notch.
#SMARTAZZ
Posted By: rainshot Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
If we could get the NFA removed from them prices would come down. We're being regulated to death.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Worked in a machine shop when I was young and have access to a mill and lath

Nice ! Really Nice !

Now both of you buttfuckers are saying I’m dumb.

😂🦫
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Sparrow and TBAC takedown22 rock. Dead Air mask is still in jail....

Don, those looks like a trifecta in 22 LR Cans from what I read last night.

🦫
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That was fuggin' funny.
Space saved for Flavor and SB

🦫
You're not going to get quality in a 22LR suppressor if you dip below $300. Typically.

The TB huntsman posted is only costing you an extra $100 and you're getting a lot more suppressor for that small (outside of Oregon) amount of money. The ability to put it on a 5.7 alone should make it worth it.

So buy that one and stop with all the fugking questions. You're at least ten years behind already.
Space saved for Flavor and SB

🦫

Man, I was just trying to help you. smile
Posted By: local_dirt Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Beave, I've got 2 Dead Air Mask HD's and a Gemtech G22. I mostly run the Dead Airs on rifles and the G22 pretty much stays on a Ruger MKIII with a TacSol upper. All are extremely quiet with Standard Velocity ammo like CCI SV's (1050-1070 fps) or below.

If you're going to be using the can multi-platform, I'd suggest a Dead Air Mask. They seem to be mostly bulletproof. It's also right in your budget. They'll also handle .17HMR to .22 Mag, which I believe you run. ?? Not sure.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-mask-22-hd.html

A suppressed .22lr is much fun. smile
Posted By: Sponxx Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
I shoot supersonic loads on my 243, with a SiCo Harvester. Super smooth and easy to shoot, hearing safe for a few shots, though if not hunting I still wear muffs.
I have shot pigs, where the rest will spook, but they will head back towards me. Bullet hitting is louder than the crack, and they still can't pinpoint origin.
The 7mm RM was also softer shooting and hearing safe for a few shots.
5.56s through the same suppressor are a little louder to my ear, but it helps a lot.
I would say that 243, 5.56 and 7mm RM are quieter than an unsuppressed 22.

My approval for a Dead Air Mask 22 just came, I need to pick it up. Will use it on a SR22 and need to find a threaded bolt (thinking Tikka T1x 16" if I could find one, or a CZ457)
When you get your first can , you’ll be like “Why didn’t I get this sooner?”

Happy Trails

Bob
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Barbarian,

I don't think that bullet was stabilized. Hole looks oblong.

Well, them Rooskies are an unruly lot. All 5 were determined to make their own hole. They settled down after it was obvious I could no longer hear their bitch’n. Silencers work on many levels.

That looks like a tasty meal

Cool sweater ,Bro
🤣
You're not going to get quality in a 22LR suppressor if you dip below $300. Typically.

The TB huntsman posted is only costing you an extra $100 and you're getting a lot more suppressor for that small (outside of Oregon) amount of money. The ability to put it on a 5.7 alone should make it worth it.

So buy that one and stop with all the fugking questions. You're at least ten years behind already.

Oh, for fûcks sakes ! Why didn’t you just say that 15 post ago ?

Jeezus, it would be easier getting a dress off Miss America than having you give up some information quickly. 😝🤦🏽‍♂️

SB, thanks for trying to help 🙄. I’ve been staring at my iPad waiting for the PM icon to light up. Should I keep waiting for your PM ?

TBAC 22 Takedown is the one I will throw into jail. Thanks, Don !

No more questions from Oregon for now.

🦫

PS

Remsen, buy a goat or three and hang signs that say “Rocks ! Watch where you Walk”

It will at least look good in court should a trespasser try to sue you.
Posted By: JPro Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Find a SilencerCo shop /dealer. They have a kiosk now that takes your fingerprints and demographics and allows them to create your trust. One check and out the door.

I went the Silencershop route recently, using a kiosk at a local gunshop. It was fairly painless. It should also make buying another can fairly simple from the gunshop inventory or Silencershop. Ordered a DeadAir Mask and now I need to decide on a .30cal can. There are quite a few good options out there for direct thread.

Oh, for fûcks sakes ! Why didn’t you just say that 15 post ago ?

Jeezus, it would be easier getting a dress off Miss America than having you give up some information quickly. 😝🤦🏽‍♂️

SB, thanks for trying to help 🙄. I’ve been staring at my iPad waiting for the PM icon to light up. Should I keep waiting for your PM ?

TBAC 22 Takedown is the one I will throw into jail. Thanks, Don !

No more questions from Oregon for now.

🦫

PS

Remsen, buy a goat or three and hang signs that say “Rocks ! Watch where you Walk”

It will at least look good in court should a trespasser try to sue you.

Sorry, bro. I was working on it and then Gilligan's island came on, Mary Ann is hawt! Looks like you got it figured out tho. 😉

Sorry, bro. I was working on it and then Gilligan's island came on, Mary Ann is hawt! Looks like you got it figured out tho. 😉

No doubt !

🦫
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

I went the Silencershop route recently, using a kiosk at a local gunshop. It was fairly painless. It should also make buying another can fairly simple from the gunshop inventory or Silencershop. Ordered a DeadAir Mask and now I need to decide on a .30cal can. There are quite a few good options out there for direct thread.

I've been waiting for YHM Resonator 2s to be back in stock at Silencershop and they just came in this week. They get good reviews and since getting a YHM Turbo for my AR, I've become a fan of YHM products. So I can't vouch for the Resonator 2 based on experience with it, but I can vouch for YHM products generally (plus, the R2 is under $600). And I never had to get my butt off my chair to order and do all the paperwork for the can order thanks to Silencershop...first can I bought a few years back was through them and the kiosk and since then, all I have to do is log in to the account and buy the product, they do all the paperwork through email and docusign.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: shot a surpressed - 08/25/21
Big fan of YHM here too. I have the Resonator, and have Resonator K in jail. Thinking about that R2 now since they're back in stock.
This looks like so much fun. Ported integrally suppressed upper that shoots 22LR supersonic rounds and they come out subsonic.

Posted By: jackmountain Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21
This threads killing me. I have five in NFA jail right now. I should have bought them years ago. I hope to get the call on the first two that I bought anytime now.
Posted By: kingston Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21

Looks like someone has a direct line to Gemby58.
Posted By: deflave Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21
Jesus Christ these Oregon people are dumb.

Probably one of those morons that stares at the McDonalds menu for ten minutes while he stands in front of the register.

Asking schit like "What does that come with exactly?"
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21
Jesus Christ these Oregon people are dumb.

Probably one of those morons that stares at the McDonalds menu for ten minutes while he stands in front of the register.

Asking schit like "What does that come with exactly?"

Listen up dumb-nuts, because this is the last compliment I will ever give you.

I did a thread on a 20lb Bobcat that I called in today...Suffice to say, I said 20lbs, but idk, cuz I’m not a cat judge on weight.

All our esteemed members just let me believe I saw a 20lb cat while secretly flipping me shît. Nobody came right out and said, hey, dipshit, chances you had a 20 pound cat is slim to never.

What the hell is that kind of BS ? Let a guy believe in fantasyland ?

Flave, would never allow that. I’d have been informed how fûck’n impossible that was and to sell my predator gear.

Thanks, Flavor for being you.

You go girl !

🦫
I don’t know schit about cats but I do know pussy.

And based on this thread I’d estimate yours at around 300lbs.

Now go order a fugkin suppressor!
Posted By: irfubar Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21
I've been informed via a campfire member that Flave is simply a troll..... no need to pay any attention to him..... lmao
Originally Posted by irfubar
I've been informed via a campfire member that Flave is simply a troll..... no need to pay any attention to him..... lmao

That’s a nicer description than my mother uses.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21

Yeah, that’s him over there....Here’s a troller and a mean dick hole. He makes me feel baaaad !

LMAO

🦫
Flave tries to help people and he gets called mean things in return.
Posted By: kingston Re: shot a surpressed - 08/26/21

She calls me kingston too.

She calls me kingston too.

That's a midwestern term for "f a g."

LOL
© 24hourcampfire