Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
You're not getting rid of the crack unless you get it subsonic.

This is 520yds away from a suppressed .308 and that's with poor audio:

Sounds like he was running the wrong schit in his 22LR as most of the sound generated from standard ammo comes from the crack. If you run a 24" bolt gun with subsonics you will be damn close to what you can get with subs and a 16" suppressed.

There is some utility in sub-sonic .308's if you shoot them on rare occasion. I ended up dumping the idea and went .300BO. It's a much better mousetrap if you're after 200ish grains and SS.

Definitely, Running compressed loads normally means lower ES/SD. Less powder = less case capacity. Using a 32oz big gulp cup for a shot glass is stupid.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Aside from saving some hearing loss, which is huge. Where is most of the hunting benefits found in running suppressed?

I’m thinking hog hunting would be one example.

🦫

There’s no downside to hunting suppressed that I know of?
There’s no trade off Beav, nothing but gain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sounds like he was running the wrong schit in his 22LR as most of the sound generated from standard ammo comes from the crack. If you run a 24" bolt gun with subsonics you will be damn close to what you can get with subs and a 16" suppressed.

There is some utility in sub-sonic .308's if you shoot them on rare occasion. I ended up dumping the idea and went .300BO. It's a much better mousetrap if you're after 200ish grains and SS.

A crowd of rioters are coming down the street to your neighborhood. If you had to choose between a 300BO sub suppressed SBR and a standard length 556, which would you rather have? The schit’s hitting the fan, scumbags everywhere, ranges between 10-150 feet.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Aside from saving some hearing loss, which is huge. Where is most of the hunting benefits found in running suppressed?

🦫

The recoil reduction is pretty impressive with the cans I run. It's like having a brake without the noise.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Even with the crack it confuses them and they can't tell where the shot came from.

Some times they tend to run over you because of that.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remsen

🦫

The recoil reduction is pretty impressive with the cans I run. It's like having a brake without the noise.

I think it’s 25-30 percent reduction,

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

A crowd of rioters are coming down the street to your neighborhood. If you had to choose between a 300BO sub suppressed SBR and a standard length 556, which would you rather have? The schit’s hitting the fan, scumbags everywhere, ranges between 10-150 feet.

16” suppressed .308 with 155gr scenars at 2400fps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

I’m not a cool kid, yet. No cans here. But, if I wanted to suppress a 22 LR or 17 HMR

Would a Thunder Beast 22 Takedown be a solid choice ?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

I’m not a cool kid, yet. No cans here. But, if I wanted to suppress a 22 LR or 17 HMR

🦫

Silencerco sparrow or dead air mask Beav.

Jump in, the waters warm as bath water!

Last edited by jackmountain; 08/24/21.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only downside is extra weight and length out front. That’s easily remedied with a LW gun with shorter barrel . Shooting suppressed is WELL worth all the costs.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
yes, it was sub-sonic ammo.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL it had to be subsonic. Anyone who can’t really hear a regular ,308 round through even the best suppressor in the world, is half deaf already.

well, I am.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

For that specific purpose I’d take my BO all day.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Suppressing a .17HMR is stupid IMO.

If you want one can and the UTMOST utility it is 22LR.

Hands down.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hands down.

Would you trust a suppressed subsonic 22 semi automatic SBR in the rioter scenario above?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ask because I was thinking of getting one of the M&P 22 with the integrally suppressed barrel. Full length is actually just over the SBR limit but I’d still need the suppressor approved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Silencerco sparrow or dead air mask Beav.

Jump in, the waters warm as bath water!

Laffin...I’ve been reluctant with the wait period to get them out of jail.

Beave’s impatient...It’s time to get on with it.

Flave, idk, I shoot about 70-30 17 HMR and 17 WSM to my 22 LR. Put two in at once I figure.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

🦫

🦫

Interesting....

🦫

Hands down.

I agree! I have a CZ 455 22LR with a suppressor. It’s great with pests. My Gamo is louder.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Hands down.

Would you trust a suppressed subsonic 22 semi automatic SBR in the rioter scenario above?

I was speaking to overall utility. If I think I'm going to have to shoot people I would prefer a people shooter.

Having said that, I have no doubt that a suppressed 22LR could change the direction of any mob in short order.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Laffin...I’ve been reluctant with the wait period to get them out of jail.

Beave’s impatient...It’s time to get on with it.

Flave, idk, I shoot about 70-30 17 HMR and 17 WSM to my 22 LR. Put two in at once I figure.

🦫

If you're doing a lot of calling with those type setups I guess it would work out alright. But nine times out of ten when a person hears that sonic crack with a variety of chamberings they realize they want their suppressed guns to be suppressed. Big/medium game and serious varmint hunters (pigs and dogs) are the exception. But you won't get any pleasure shooting a bunch of ammo out of a suppressed .17HMR or WSM without hearing protection.

I recommend people buy the can for their designated gun. Leave it on there, and let that be it.

So for example my centerfire rifle can is .308 and stays on my BO. Reload or not, I can always obtain subsonic ammo for that thing and it is designed to function at speed.

My centerfire pistol can is .45 cal. and stays on my 45 ACP. Same thing. Reload or not, I can always have subsonic ammo for that thing with bullets that are designed to function at those speeds.

My 22LR is the only can that jumps a bit. It almost always stays on my Buckmark but I do swap it to my CZ 455 when I need it. But same principle. Out of my Buckmark I don't need special ammo. Any type of standard velocity 22LR will be subsonic out of that gun and stay Hollywood quiet.

Which is what I prefer.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,854
Posts18,517,634
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.