Home
Posted By: SamOlson What did we all do this week? - 09/26/21
Slight distraction thread...

Last Sunday I fixed fence for 3-4 hours and took the afternoon off.

Monday and Tuesday was moving cows on BLM.

Wednesday-Friday was swathing hay.

Saturday and Sunday was easy, bale hay in the morning and dink off in the afternoon.

The weather couldn't be nicer.

What you guys having going on?

Extra points for pics.
I bought two more Mausers. A Swedish 96 and an FN Supreme with Unertl 12x scope. The FN is a beauty. I’ve been wanting to build one exactly like it. I was thinking 6.5x68 or .264 WinMag. It’s.244 Remington. That will work. For now.
I got schit faced.
Posted By: EdM Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/26/21
Shredded the property (a couple of acres) prepping for the middle son's wedding here. Still need to H2O blast the back yard stone and get the oldies out of the garage for a blow clean. Heading to north Texas on Friday to chase pronghorn hoping to get a newish rifle dialed on Wednesday. Retirement sucks...
Finished up 4 bath showers and all the walls tiled, 800 sft.
Worked a little more on a full stock Hawken I been building forever. Threw way pain meds from my hip replacement. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks on. Feeling wonderful.
Posted By: EdM Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/26/21
Originally Posted by deflave
I got schit faced.

A given here as I head to shake a Manhattan...
Found a dis-embodied bear in the woods.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Teal Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/26/21
Just work all week.

Hard to beat this weekend.

Friday was dinner with the GF. NY Strip and salmon. Mussels for an appetizer.

Saturday at deer camp. Lots of deer and walking in the woods. Played a little with my Uncle's new tractor. Got up close to a CN locomotive...

Home today, completed season 5 of Peaky Blinders and the BGE is warming up for thick ribeyes with potatoes and mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter.

Rattled off some 9mm and 308Win down the range yesterday. 22LR went along for the ride but didn't see any action
Elk hunted Mon-Wed, Mulie hunted Thurs-Fri, Antelope hunted yesterday. Mule deer hunting today. A good and a bad thing: All our archery seasons coincide and are short, but we can choose to hunt different species daily.
New metal roofing over Meemaw’s back porch, had to deal with a lot rotten spots. So aggravated from picking up bits of insulation out of the grass, I didnt take a final pic. Oh well, more pics when we

Finished clearing a couple dozen trees for our new 100 yard range behind the house.

Aint got no time for naps, craps, cupcakes or the Rawhide marathon on USA Channel, fudge, or ribbon candy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for the replies, I find real life more interesting than cut/paste...

Teal appears to be in the lead, Flave close second...

Slum and I picking up the rear....lol
Some of this:

and a bunch of this:

Sept the weekend chasing this bull, he won!
Switched to another department. Figured it be a smooth transition. This week was a clusterfugk. 2 women managers, both over their heads. Dont know what to do with me. The one man responsible for granting me special access grants it and enters the same date as expiration...completely locked out. No one else with authority to grant access. Sooooo fugked off all week basically.
Lotta golf and some shooting.

Originally Posted by pahick
Switched to another department. Figured it be a smooth transition. This week was a clusterfugk. 2 women managers, both over their heads. Dont know what to do with me. The one man responsible for granting me special access grants it and enters the same date as expiration...completely locked out. No one else with authority to grant access. Sooooo fugked off all week basically.

Women managers. Go figure. smile
I got schit faced.

Did that last night, feel like hell today.
I got schit faced.

I think I still am.

And ashamed.
{Put a new porch/entrance on the family cabin. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Fished for salmon and then did some deer and grouse hunting.
Pics or it didn't happen cousin....

Fireball, aliens?

Gruff, jealous of your view!

Love the green machine, working okay?

R6, I have a bull pic from Tuesday, standby and better luck next time.

Goalie, again, the view....

RO, damn you guys, pimps....!
I slept in the rv last night.

It was a good choice.
What the hell you get into?

Tuesday runaway elk.
(I was working, looking for 2 pair and found an elk...)

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Originally Posted by slumlord
New metal roofing over Meemaw’s back porch, had to deal with a lot rotten spots. So aggravated from picking up bits of insulation out of the grass, I didnt take a final pic. Oh well, more pics when we

Finished clearing a couple dozen trees for our new 100 yard range behind the house.

Aint got no time for naps, craps, cupcakes or the Rawhide marathon on USA Channel, fudge, or ribbon candy

Holy schit that gutter and those down pipes installs they did back when is even more funny as fugg than what we talked about last night.
No wonder the place is rotten...

I really dig that main electric housing pipe too.

Mcmoron Brothers home engineering....

LMFAO!!!!
🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Played around with my horses with the wife.

Bender, we did the horse thing week before last.

Didn't find quite as many trees.
Yeah

Short of moving the 200 amp panel and rewiring the house, the riser is where it’s going to be. You go adding onto your house 10 years after it’s built and that’s just the way it is.

That’s not a big deal anyway, just put a split boot on it. It’s got 2ft of overhanging soffit from the roof above so it doesn’t take direct rainfall.

All that guttering is coming off and several trees are coming down next week.

Been neglected for many years.

I would have not let it get so bad but it ain’t my house.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bender, we did the horse thing week before last.

Didn't find quite as many trees.

Through the 2015 burn. I call it the “Obama national forest”.

Nothing but skinny black pecker poles! 😂😂

The regrowth starting to show. Need more moose fugging in there.
Like I sad Sam, me an' Imgur are not getting long so well

The last two days, I held down a combine seat, and leaned on the steering wheel.

Church this morning.
Point in fact. ONF

Near 300,000 acres.

Extra points for pics.

Ride-about, from Texas to South Dakota and back.

Took some snaps between Sunday and Thursday AM.

ya!

GWB
Long week, about 10 days.... Toured from home to Rigby ID, to Grand Rapids MI via Brownells in Iowa. 2am delivery joy. Bought kid a guitar. Went to Romeoville IL (SW Chicagoland). Stranded for about 45 hours due to customer's error. Then went to LaCrosse WI got a load of fresh White Claw for the Great Falls boys. Moved around a couple of local loads. Home Thursday afternoon. F'd off mostly. Organizing storage and tools... Picked up a rifle bought a couple of weeks ago. Had emergency tooth extraction yesterday, and yes I did whine and cry like a bitch... Felt horrendous, like a nail through the gums, jaw and up into my eyeball. Prolly for sinning in my youth.

New week starts tomorrow. Idaho spuds to Atlanta turn around and back by next Monday, hopefully.

Pains me to hear how rough a year it's been out there.

Laid around being worthless
Finally got over the gall bladder BS, couple days ago got stung by a yellowjacket ( allergic ) then dislocated shoulder yesterday.

Hope next week is better
Posted By: EdM Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/27/21
I should be in NE BC chasing goat, moose and elk, I tossed my deposit.
One of the guys who farms some of our ground was in the hospital with COVID, so I helped out by running a tractor with a grain cart between the combines and the semis from Saturday thru Thursday AM. Running 2 combines, 2 grain carts, and either 3 or 4 semis, 7 of us harvested about 800 acres of beans that averaged 82 bushels per acre.
Posted By: Stix Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/27/21
Walnut harvest here. Full tilt boogie. Tired.
Originally Posted by EdM
I should be in NE BC chasing goat, moose and elk, I tossed my deposit.

Not going and writing it off?

Bummer, if so.
Mowing lease roads and pads out west on on 201.
Fixed a a small clunk noise in my wife's pickup. Front cv was getting loose, then I noticed the brakes rotors looked pretty checked so it got new brakes and rotors. I was supposed to go do some shooting.
Today’s the first day I’ve had off in 2 weeks, been pulling 10 hour or more shifts at that. Big overhaul at the electricity factory. Back to the grind tomorrow at 0500.

You can put me squarely at the bottom of the fun list Sam as I’ve been climbing and crawling on and inside oil tanks, air intakes, and exhaust outlets pulling pumps and motors and reworking piping and valves. One thing it all has in common is that it’s dirty and hot.

I did go dove hunting yesterday evening, got 4. And went on walk about in the hills this evening looking at deers and other wildlife.
Did a 22.5 mile trek in the mountains on Monday. Took me 9 hours. 3,000 feet of vertical elevation gain in the first 5 miles alone. I never saw another human. Lotta steep and rugged terrain. The weather was perfect. It got cloudier as the day went on. I'm gonna be 61 in April.[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Way up in North Cheyenne Canyon. [Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com] On the ridge between Bear Creek Canyon and North Cheyenne Canyon. [Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Looking North from the Mt.Rosa saddle. Almagre in the foreground, Pike’s in the background.

Livin' out here is like being on a fitness vacation and a spiritual journey all at once.
Thanks for the replies, very good.

G, you might be in the lead!
Saturday and Sunday was easy, bale hay in the morning and dink off in the afternoon.

You did what to your dink?
Sam Olson: Fished, shot some guns, Hunted Varmints, shot some guns, attended a gunshow, shot some guns, Hunted Hungarian Partridge, shot some guns, chased collector guns, shot some guns, cleaned new guns, shot some guns, hosted out of town guest, shot some guns, killed some flying Varmints, shot some guns, chased ammo, shot some guns, scouted for Antelope and shot some more guns.
I found four boxes of pistol ammo for a friend and found reloading powder for two different friends - not much luck at all for me in finding the only ammunition I am a tad short on and that is the Hornady 17 grain 17 HMR V-Max ammo.
Only have one years supply of this on hand.
Great fall week with great weather, and NO SMOKE much of the week, here in SW Montana
I somehow want to blame this ammo shortage/high prices on china joe biden!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I've been horribly busy doing mechanic work. Tough time putting a rear end in a recliner through the weekend.
Antlers, I missed that, nice!

Gentlemen, are we ever bored?

Nope.

Monday, brought our travel trailer back from our 6 week salmon fishing vacation on the Oregon coast and did a thorough top to bottom cleaning on it on Tuesday. Did the same to the Dodge PU. Wednesday and Saturday, brought in and stacked 4 cords of madrone fire wood. Thursday, put all the camping and fishing gear away and did a good look over on the boat. Friday was shopping day in town - first in 20 days. Today was major push day as rain is forecast tonight and tomorrow. Brought in rest of fire wood and picked 400 lbs of apples. Picked the last of our tomatoes and did a little herbicide work on the blackberries.
Found this guy Friday night. My brother and my 11 year old helped pack him out the next day. God I love this time of year. 😎

I started the week by closing an acquisition for a long-time client (my for-profit lawyer work, something I don't really enjoy but it pays a lot better than the non-profit work, which I very much enjoy). To unwind from that multi-month deal, I took off for the cabin with a bunch of ammo and did a lot of shooting.

Then I had to come back to California for some family stuff and today I was at my dad's headstone, just installed a few weeks back, to visit and take care of important work. We have a family tradition of planting things at graves and garlic is one of the must-haves. So I dug out the grass in the planter part of the headstone and planted garlic, onions (Walla Walla sweets, his favorite), black radishes and wildflowers. And, of course, I prayed at his grave.

I then had to get the second Chinese Virus shot so I could visit my mom, and stopped by to visit her at the nursing home. I don't get sick much, and I'm already getting the nasty body aches from the second shot. The upside is that I was able to stop in Oakland on the way back from the cemetery and picked up some cannabis products at my favorite dispensary.
Therapy on Tues, Thurs and Fri on my knee ,pulled a tendon now I get to spend 3 afternoons a week with a cute 30 something painmaster Got a Remington 700 that I need to grind out and replace the extractor and a Remington model 11 to clean that I think I might be the 1st guy to take it apart since it was built darn thing is nasty got it apart an soaking in Ed's red ,will scrub it this week
Originally Posted by ironbender
Point in fact. ONF

Near 300,000 acres.

Standing dead timber?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Long week, about 10 days.... Toured from home to Rigby ID, to Grand Rapids MI via Brownells in Iowa. 2am delivery joy. Bought kid a guitar. Went to Romeoville IL (SW Chicagoland). Stranded for about 45 hours due to customer's error. Then went to LaCrosse WI got a load of fresh White Claw for the Great Falls boys. Moved around a couple of local loads. Home Thursday afternoon. F'd off mostly. Organizing storage and tools... Picked up a rifle bought a couple of weeks ago. Had emergency tooth extraction yesterday, and yes I did whine and cry like a bitch... Felt horrendous, like a nail through the gums, jaw and up into my eyeball. Prolly for sinning in my youth.

New week starts tomorrow. Idaho spuds to Atlanta turn around and back by next Monday, hopefully.

Pains me to hear how rough a year it's been out there.

You should have said something when you were in GR. Bob and I would have taken you out for a meal.
Saturday I drank all afternoon at a celebration of life for a friend who passed from Covid. Owen was 57 and had the J&J jab. Then Sunday slightly hungover I started going through my gear for my four day predator hunt coming up soon.
I read this thread a couple times. Felt bad for all the work and effort you all put in without enough rest...

So, I took several naps in honor of your fine accomplishments.

Great job, gents !

🦫
Worked too hard all week. Had truck and trailer loaded, so left out at 6 pm Friday for duck camp.

Up early, pumped 4 pits, put two skid blinds out, brushed 3 pits with stubble, cut 5 trailer loads of oak for brush for various standing blinds. Also pressure washed 25 dozen decoys. Still have a bunch to do but it was a good 2 days. Weather was good. Everything is dry, which made logistics easy.

Had a hard drive home tonight. I was beat.

Didn't break much. Old pair of muck boots finally started leaking. Other than that, everything survived my attempt to break it.
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Found this guy Friday night. My brother and my 11 year old helped pack him out the next day. God I love this time of year. 😎

Fantastic. Congrats.
Originally Posted by kingston
Point in fact. ONF

Near 300,000 acres.

Standing dead timber?

Yes. Burned.

Really wastes the roots and they blow down across the trail. Only had three that had to be cut, as they were too big/high for horses to step over. We have tall, long-legged horses, too. Also, in areas where it wasn’t possible to leave the trail to ride around them.

Probably 50 or more that could be negotiated over or around, in 11 miles.

Not to worry though. The KNWR had their trail crew out all summer long and “cleared” that trail.

Count on the .gov to help.
Is that lodgepole, larch, or some sort of fir?

That first pic you posted looked like there was a decent amount of moose browse grown back up. Maybe a benefit one day?

Is that forest naturally a pecker pole forest, or is it like many down here, logged over long ago and never thinned?

The horse trekking looks fun, sure can carry a lot more than my aching back wink

The rest of y'all done some stuff for sure.

Me, not much, got the few good cabbages picked, dog walks, visiting a friend in town then he came by here, some clean up started for the fall. Any more than that and I can't remember it.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Is that lodgepole, larch, or some sort of fir?

That first pic you posted looked like there was a decent amount of moose browse grown back up. Maybe a benefit one day?

Is that forest naturally a pecker pole forest, or is it like many down here, logged over long ago and never thinned?

The horse trekking looks fun, sure can carry a lot more than my aching back wink

The rest of y'all done some stuff for sure.

Me, not much, got the few good cabbages picked, dog walks, visiting a friend in town then he came by here, some clean up started for the fall. Any more than that and I can't remember it.

White spruce, Geno. A lot of that trail used to be black spruce. Lots of browse coming back, but waiting on the ungulates to take advantage of the enhancement.

That paint pack horse had about 150#.
Broke camp in Montana after 4 months of terrorizing the greater North West and headed south.

Stopped near Dillon on my way outta Montana and reeled in a dozen game-cams I'd had set out for about a month.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GPS is great for remembering the general location of where all the cameras were but once my hound figured out what I was doing, he did the fine tuning on location, but he was along when I set them out so he was cheating...sorta. damn camo paint on those things make it difficult for me, not the dog. He'd run a couple hundred feet ahead and be jumping in the correct tree long before I'd get there.

He earns his ribeyes.

Loaded up and barrelazzed south from there.

Found this guy sitting along the Colorado River in Glennwood Canyon, not sure where he was off to but thought his cargo was worth a quick cell shot.

[Linked Image]

Managed to keep about a 750 mile a day adverage going so I stopped for a break just outside Slum-n-Reneville TN. In the LBL.
Dumped the bike off the RV and rode around them there hills.

[Linked Image]

Slept on the shores of Lake Kentucky for a couple nights then blasted off for the last 750 mile run to my winter grounds along coastal Florida.

Been sitting right here thumbing through far too many trail- cam images.
You know how many captures you get with 12 camera sitting out for over a month? It's thousands!
I'm sure I'll scan right by the best of them.
we were in corolla north carolina all week. outer banks are nice this time of year.
we were in corolla north carolina all week. outer banks are nice this time of year.
You guys look to be having lots of fun and activities! smile

Been welded to a tractor seat for awhile now.

Laying in the upcoming winter's cattle hay.

And shredding (bushogging). LOTS of it.

In the late summer I have circuit of ranches that I shred for clients. Pretty much on the last leg of that now, but still have a couple of ranches that will take some time yet. They like to get the places shredded before fall, and especially before deer season.

Still have some winter crops and plots to put in. Not anywhere near caught up...

Things get a little slower in a while, so maybe I can get some hog hunting in, as the weather cools. grin
The weather cooled off a bit here in North Georgia, so I fired up the splitter and started feeding rounds into it. White Oak, Red Oak and Hickory. This is next year's wood.

Last Sunday I fixed fence for 3-4 hours and took the afternoon off.

Monday and Tuesday was moving cows on BLM.

Wednesday-Friday was swathing hay.

The weather couldn't be nicer.

Extra points for pics.

Same as the previous three weeks, slept 14-15 hours each day.

But today I went back to work and am pretty sure someone kicked the living Christ out of me. There was one bright spot when the big boss drove slowly by the job inspecting our progress, stuck out his thumb and yelled "looking good James"...so I yelled back "it's just genetics".
He pulled his head inside the vehicle and was talking to himself as he drove away.

I felt pretty good about our moment.
Originally Posted by JeffA
Broke camp in Montana after 4 months of terrorizing the greater North West and headed south.

Stopped near Dillon on my way outta Montana and reeled in a dozen game-cams I'd had set out for about a month.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GPS is great for remembering the general location of where all the cameras were but once my hound figured out what I was doing, he did the fine tuning on location, but he was along when I set them out so he was cheating...sorta. damn camo paint on those things make it difficult for me, not the dog. He'd run a couple hundred feet ahead and be jumping in the correct tree long before I'd get there.

He earns his ribeyes.

Loaded up and barrelazzed south from there.

Found this guy sitting along the Colorado River in Glennwood Canyon, not sure where he was off to but thought his cargo was worth a quick cell shot.

[Linked Image]

Managed to keep about a 750 mile a day adverage going so I stopped for a break just outside Slum-n-Reneville TN. In the LBL.
Dumped the bike off the RV and rode around them there hills.

[Linked Image]

Slept on the shores of Lake Kentucky for a couple nights then blasted off for the last 750 mile run to my winter grounds along coastal Florida.

Been sitting right here thumbing through far too many trail- cam images.
You know how many captures you get with 12 camera sitting out for over a month? It's thousands!
I'm sure I'll scan right by the best of them.

Cool VW's.
Fishing, working, more fishing, more working, then some more fishing. Then I spent the weekend fishing, smoking some fish and building and painting a pantry closet for my wife.

Reasonably normal and enjoyable week of work. Sat AM I confirmed final loads for 2 rifles then cleaned them and loaded up 50 for each. Sunday I took the dog for a ride. We stopped and I shot a few rocks confirming come-ups on 3 rifles. Then doggie and I took a walk and nabbed a limit of Sharptailed Grouse. Only thing missing was a cooperative coyote. I saw 2 but one got into the corn quick and the other into some cattails, they's skittish.
Looks good Scott!
Damned beaver dammed the culvert, into our 80 acres at the back of the house.

2 hours on the backhoe to dig that stinkin mud & grass out.

2hrs & 3 beers later, double tapped a booner !

Still at least 3 more there.
Spent the weekend packing elk. I shot this guy Friday evening. Then a buddy shot a 6x6 the next Saturday. I'm almost glad to be back at work just to rest up!
Nice, every Bull with a bow is a dandy.
Looks good.
Tuesday, motocross day at Glen Helen Raceway, ended up with 2 flats. Wednesday went to the museum work shop where we are restoring a 69 Chevy Suburban ambulance. Mickey Moused a lower radiator hose in place for a test run. Mounted the oil filter adaptor on the block. Put the generator and PS belt on. Thursday, cleaned the bike from Tuesday and mounted new tires and tubes. Friday, went to Lake Elsinore Motocross track and crashed my friggin' brains out. Urgent care an hour later. Nothing broke on me, I just feel like I took about 20 body shots from Mike Tyson. About $400 damage to the bike. I'll try to get some pics of the ambulance we're working on. It's frustrating and fun working on a movie star car.
It looks like we are all living the lives we chose and worked for. Congratulations men.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Fantastic. Congrats.

There, now you gone and done it. Going to go to his head, thinking he's so COOL because he does this every single Fall without fail - year after year - all public landish fair chase turning down long shots for weeks and stuff.... Kidding of course. A better young man you'd be hard pressed to meet.
Posted By: las Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/27/21
Broke the truck. Twice. Fixed recoil and electric starters on the Rancher. Mowed the grass for last time- much of it was frozen yet at 5 pm yesterday, Prepped the yard in other ways for winter. Took camper off truck- working on fixing a couple "broke" problems on it too..

Mostly carried the Dachshund around- and for the next week or so. - idiot doesn't know he had his balls off 3 days ago, and wants to hunt, run, play, jump up and down from sofas and stairs, etc. Dogs are tough - I'm still cringing from HIS operation. smile

Now if I can spotlight and kill that damned porky that's wrecking my raspberries, it will make my week.
Posted By: las Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/27/21
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Whats the criteria for a beaver to make B&C? smile
Shoveled snow and fought a losing battle with a Toyostove.
Picture big fat sally !
Originally Posted by las

Whats the criteria for a beaver to make B&C? smile

Biggest beaver I've seen, since Demi Moore !
Ran a few hundred rounds of 230 ball through the Les Baerand did a little drinking and snacks out on the deck
Lazy that's me
Took camper to deer lease this AM, back home mowing the yard. 95 days until every day is a Saturday
I learned paw paw was a thing.
Thanks to all who posted, I found it quite entertaining.

Well done gentlemen!
I've been working on some Mad Max chit! fabricated this exhaust up.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I've been working on some Mad Max chit! fabricated this exhaust up.

That's cool!

I like it! grin
Got my son out in the shop today to make some fire pokers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload img
I changed the water in the viking today and put a new gasket on the door of the Heatmor furnace

Not a busy day but it plugs into my weekend of unfinished biz

You dont need pics of an empty hot tub or black caulk and asbestos rope

🤪
A work trip from lower Selway, Lochsa, upper Selway, McGruder corridor, Red River. Great weather the entire week.
Well, yeah, maybe no black caulk pics...

Corn chopper man called this morning. It froze a little awhile back.

Went down and checked and had to call him off. It just got the top, cobs are still filling!

Let me see today, went to the dr, got started on a job got called to pick my dad up at Luby's because he was throwing a fit then went and got a new ph and got stuff to make a cobbler, cooking it right now, ten more minutes.
Peach?

My mom made an apple cobbler for lunch.

Tart yard apples.

It was delicious.
Blackberry Rasberry blueberry and strawberry.
Cancelled the preorder for my bronco. 14 months and they still can’t give me a build date. Bought this instead

More work than a white man should have to do….
Ask me starting next Sunday. Got a house on the beach, south nags head. Going to be a lot of surf/sound fishing for 7 days. Likely some epic family mini golf tournaments and some damn good seafood dinners, then back to work for 3 weeks before the “boys” trip to hatteras for 4 days fishing the point, and a day off shore fishing for tuna/Mahi. Back just in time for the weekend opener of Muzzleloader season.
Oct. - Dec. is the only time I get some (limited) time off.
Fall is by far my favorite time of year.
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Cancelled the preorder for my bronco. 14 months and they still can’t give me a build date. Bought this instead

Sweet looking ride!
Spent the afternoon sunning myself on the beach.

Tried to get a pano whilst bouncing in the saddle. 🤣
If you zoom, you can see the mountains across the inlet.

Uhhhh to much sugar... but it was good.
Thanks again for the cool pics!

Roger, watch that sugar.
I cleaned latrines and picked up trash in the Afghani camp(barracks) at Ft. McCoy! Decided to something ugly for a week! Be thankful I could not take pictures!
Posted By: add Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/28/21
Screwed the pooch.

Again.
My son was busy

Spent the afternoon sunning myself on the beach.

Tried to get a pano whilst bouncing in the saddle. 🤣
If you zoom, you can see the mountains across the inlet.

That looks like fun. I haven't ridden a horse in nearly 20 years, but I used to visit some folks who only lived a few miles from Lake Michigan. They had horses and we used to ride them to the shore and climb the dunes, then swim the horses a bit to cool off.

I ended up marrying the neice of those people, but seldom make my way over there anymore, even though we don't live more than 10 miles away. As they're an older couple with no kids or grandkids around,, they've sold off all but 1 horse, an Icelandic mare, who is getting up in years, so riding like we did is no longer in the cards.

Thanks for the pics, and reminding me of some good memories.
I took some kids fishing.
Nothing like the look on a boys face when he catches his first fish.[Linked Image][Linked Image]

camped.......Fish Lake Forest.......away from any crowds

SxS riders prob thought.....'where the hell you going with that trailer ?'

Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Fantastic. Congrats.

There, now you gone and done it. Going to go to his head, thinking he's so COOL because he does this every single Fall without fail - year after year - all public landish fair chase turning down long shots for weeks and stuff.... Kidding of course. A better young man you'd be hard pressed to meet.

If anyone had any doubt before, now they’ll know you’re FOS. 😁
Full days work at the shop.

Came home, round up chooks, so I can let the dogs out.

Inspect the culvert, more beaver business.

Get tractor & dig stinking mud for an hour.

Put chickens into coup, & dogs inside.

40 minutes to sunset, grab 2 IPA's, ruger 10/22 & go sit post.

1 more dead beaver !

2 left, I think.
Paul, I'd like a beaver pelt on a stretcher for cabin decoration some day.
Just back from checking the beans, not dry enough yet.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

http://www.alaskafurexchange.com/bulkfur.shtml
A while back.[img][Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/qjfYK4j.jpg)[/img]

Come and try to take it, punk.

😝🦫
Paul, I'd like a beaver pelt on a stretcher for cabin decoration someday.

lol, I have one, a beaver stretcher ... have gun will travel.. but it's still for use not hanging on the wall.
Hung a stand today....babied right arm doing it
Took a little longer than normal LOL
Washing hunting stuff and charging GoPro.
Prep truck for weekend hunt in a few.
See surgeon for eval tomorrow.
Still undecided on what to fix for dinner tonight. Grill staring at me.

Sorted through some new rifle and pistol brass to sell also.
Pretty productive day.
Tussled with extrusion vendor over meandering wall thickness on my tubing that is causing concentricity issues, and likely get to have a left side hernia taken care of after something let loose yesterday. Constantly handling 40 to 50 lbs. boxes at age 54 is just plain stupid, but unfortunately necessary at this time.

Started load testing with 130 grain TTSX's for a Lefty Ruger Hawkeye in 30-06. 60 grains of Big Game is showing promise at this point.
Picked up a couple of 22s on a trade, DEEP cleaned the Marlin 39A, found a couple of missing parts, got them ordered...... researched the CZ 437, started looking for extra mags and a 17HMR Bbl to go with it.....
Originally Posted by hunter4623

You did the right thing. I had some serious interest in a full size Bronco, but, like you, nothing from Ford for at least a year+. That's just for a build date! F that.
I'll be looking at Jeeps also or possibly a GMC Canyon 4WD.
Went to our lake cabin up in the woods and took in the fall colors on the trails:

Stopped at a few watering holes. This one is one of my favorites. Its rough looking but the owner is a good guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Love this sign in the background:

Put out a couple hog toys, put a hundred miles on my Harley, got chased into a creek by a bunch of fugging bees, Loaded of 100 rounds of 260 ammo, another 60 rounds of 243. Mowed. Went fishing. It's all good.
Goodness!

Just observed yahoot one and yahoot two harvesting in a 30 mph crosswind. More than half of the goodstuff ejected from the combine landing in the trailer, the rest sailing back whence it came from. Can't think that's the way to do it.

Hold into the WTF are you thinking!
We're replacing the carpets in 2 bedrooms on Thursday and had to empty 2 32 sq' bookcases, all hardcovers. Only 1/2 will be returned, the rest will go to Goodwill. Hanging clothes and dresser drawers go next. We have too much crap.

mike r
A side note, a simply beautiful day in NW Iowa today!
Me & dad drove through the mountains all day. Beautiful weather today.
Helped a big rancher ship his heifer calves today.

Wife and kids helped too.
What market Jim?
Nuther beer, nuther beaver !
What market Jim?

Headed to Iowa as far as I know.

Heifer calves.
Thanks Jim.
Huntin'

Beautiful Phil !!

Howz ya huntin buddy making out ?
Raining like a hell in eastern Nebraska.
Beautiful Phil !!

Howz ya huntin buddy making out ?

Kickin my ass all over the mountains.

Awesome sauce !!

Great smile too !
I climbed a hill whist juggling a chainsaw and machete. Three trees were sacrificed. Grandson is stopping by with his snuggle bunny. Says she like hot wieners.

And I put a new battery in Granny’s car. And played with powder and lead.
I have a cousin in Grand Junction Colorado who is dying from cancer. It started out as melanoma and now has spread to the rest of her body. My wife and I drove out from central Iowa at 6:15 p.m. Friday night and arrived at the city limits of Grand Junction at 07:15 Saturday morning. We drove through the mountains on I-70 at night.

We left yesterday morning at 0800 and this time we got to see some of the mountains. We briefly stopped at down town Vail to use a restroom and we drove across Colorado 14 through the Pawnee National grasslands into Sterling where we stopped at a Dairy Queen to get a Blizzard. We got home at 12:15 a.m. We drove around Grand Junction some on Sunday and got to know the town. On Monday we went into the mountains west of town to see the sights.

Other than losing my cousin in the next few days it was a great visit. We were favorably impressed by the City of Grand Junction and have plans to go back at some point in the future.

kwg

Honestly dude I think it’s a time bomb. Fluid leaking out around the pto, and it doesn’t have the lift ability it should. But she pulls out big fugking trees, I can tell you that! Had the tires squatted and spinning like I was at a tractor pull on dry pavement for one lol. I’ll run her till she don’t. Fugking love that tractor
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Honestly dude I think it’s a time bomb. Fluid leaking out around the pto, and it doesn’t have the lift ability it should. But she pulls out big fugking trees, I can tell you that! Had the tires squatted and spinning like I was at a tractor pull on dry pavement for one lol. I’ll run her till she don’t. Fugking love that tractor

That’s what happens when you pay for paint.

That’s what happens when you pay for paint.

Obviously.
The old Deeres don't ever really time bomb.....they just get to where they won't pull your pecker out of a lard pail anymore.
I pulled a 2wd Ford F150 from a yard, grass, with my Toyota. I had a whiskey when it was done.

I tried to deal with a Jesus fan that wanted to purchase a 500 gallon propane tank from me that was upset that I wouldn't take a check from him for $80 because he had a Jesus Fish on his 2wd truck (another 2wd truck guy). After only getting $40, the max for 1 transaction, from Dollar General he said Jesus was telling him he shouldn't buy it. This after a 50 mile one way trip.

I'm tired of people.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The old Deeres don't ever really time bomb.....they just get to where they won't pull your pecker out of a lard pail anymore.

Guess I should clarify. If the pump goes, or something that serious I ain’t taking out another loan to fix it.

But working it side by side with my neighbors 50 horse LS, I don’t regret a damn thing.

Yet. laugh
Started sprucing up the old cabin!
[Linked Image]
I know Sam doesn’t care but I made breakfast and coffee for my youngest and my wife, then dropped my youngest off at school, then fell back asleep, then woke up, bought a 12 pack of Jai Alai, golfed 18, hit the lumber yard and bought a bunch of 2x4s and a sheet of plywood, came home and made chicken Parmesan sandwiches for my family, turned on Magnificent Seven and continued getting schit faced.
Holding down a combine seat, an' leanin' on the steering wheel. smile
We just made a few for pokers for neighbors.

Holding down a combine seat, an' leanin' on the steering wheel. smile

Loser.
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Cherish those days. Listen to every word he says. Learn all you can and ask all the questions you can think of. Those are the good ol days.
Posted By: las Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by lochsa
A work trip from lower Selway, Lochsa, upper Selway, McGruder corridor, Red River. Great weather the entire week.

I've been in that country, you bastid. That ain't work!
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
I pulled a 2wd Ford F150 from a yard, grass, with my Toyota. I had a whiskey when it was done.

I tried to deal with a Jesus fan that wanted to purchase a 500 gallon propane tank from me that was upset that I wouldn't take a check from him for $80 because he had a Jesus Fish on his 2wd truck (another 2wd truck guy). After only getting $40, the max for 1 transaction, from Dollar General he said Jesus was telling him he shouldn't buy it. This after a 50 mile one way trip.

I'm tired of people.

You traveled 50 miles for an $80 deal?
Damn….
I know Sam doesn’t care but I made breakfast and coffee for my youngest and my wife, then dropped my youngest off at school, then fell back asleep, then woke up, bought a 12 pack of Jai Alai, golfed 18, hit the lumber yard and bought a bunch of 2x4s and a sheet of plywood, came home and made chicken Parmesan sandwiches for my family, turned on Magnificent Seven and continued getting schit faced.

And anything you build with that lumber has to be approved by the cucks running your HOA. Lol. What is the approved paint scheme?

I found Jai Alai for about a month in one of my local beer stores but it disappeared. But the Laguintas little sump’m sump’m has showed up again.

And anything you build with that lumber has to be approved by the cucks running your HOA. Lol. What is the approved paint scheme?

I bought 6 1x8's and 6 treated 2x6's and it was 360 bucks!
Posted By: JPro Re: What did we all do this week? - 09/30/21
Dang. Were those boards all 30ft long?
The backsplash I did today, glass. Pics of pics on the new android ph... f-ck the Andriod going to order an unlocked I phone tomorrow.

Ate at a truck stop restaurant and got the chits and some vomiting too... That should bring smiles to the mean people.
Fall is here, prepping for winter.

Window A/C units going to the garage:

Every night thing lately, covering the hoop tunnels with the maters and peppers in them. Finally started getting fruit after everything was stunted from the June 17 frost. Pain in the ass, but even under the greenhouse plastic they'll still freeze if I don't cover them.

And the first load of firewood came today, ready to be stacked in the shed after I clean it up from a summer of gardening junk and raising some chicks and general gathering of junk:

Ate at a truck stop restaurant and got the chits and some vomiting too... That should bring smiles to the mean people.

Dude,

where at so I never stop there! sick
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Dude,

where at so I never stop there! sick

I don't want to say as it was so good previously, 1 of 2, that I am not going to boycott! 2 of 3 will be the test!

Paint schemes are pending review by committee.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The backsplash I did today, glass. Pics of pics on the new android ph... f-ck the Andriod going to order an unlocked I phone tomorrow.

Bro that’s not a backsplash it’s a wall.

LOL

Looks good.
Night 4 on beaver overwatch.

No sighting, so no shooting.

Beer was good though.

Hopefully, I'm winning.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]need for speed rivals viper

Guess I should clarify. If the pump goes, or something that serious I ain’t taking out another loan to fix it.

Can you do preventive maintenance on it before goes completely?
figured out how to upload off this android.

Still trading it in on an unlocked I-fone?
Originally Posted by akasparky

Still, trading it in on an unlocked I-fone?

more than likely
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

Cherish those days. Listen to every word he says. Learn all you can and ask all the questions you can think of. Those are the good ol days.

^^^^^^^

Wishing I'd paid better attention and had better memory.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter

I'm tired of people.

You traveled 50 miles for an $80 deal?
Damn….

I'm sorry you missed reading the day it was taught
Posted By: rong Re: What did we all do this week? - 10/18/21
Originally Posted by goalie
We just made a few for pokers for neighbors.

Like the table ,,,,,,Tis the season
The last week I have been getting ready for and deer hunting with a Muzzleloader. Killed a nice buck and a doe. Cooking for all the guys at deer camp. Eating and drinking hanging out with friends. Been a really good week.
Waiting to see the neurosurgeon for a back issue. Kind of limited in what I can do. Visited WMA and scouted for doves, sat down and took a few.

Debating on whether to call someone out to clean the boat so it can go to shop. May pay someone to do it, may wait a week+ and do it myself. I'll see what the doc says this week.
© 24hourcampfire