Home
Just got the call....another positive test.

First go around was 20 hours of not feeling great. Lost smell. Never anything I'd miss work over.

Second was unrecognizable....but had funny aftertaste for a few days.

Third is so far asymptomatic and i have pretty low expectations. Sure glad I had to test every few days at work.....lame.
So then do they make you stay home for 2 weeks?
Originally Posted by Esox357

With pay?
Good thing you get tested so you know that you are sick...... smile
Originally Posted by Esox357

This is uncharted water. I'm supposed to get fired Monday for refusing the vaccine....but I will be on leave, so....I'm not sure how this works.
Hmmm, reckon your antibodies way better than vaccine and proly why youve not had any major issues w this current bout.

Heard a treestand is a good place to quarantine.

Wonder how many that dont have the rona are gonna say they were by somebody that tesed positive and be off work quarantining for opening weekend LOL
Grabbing ice right now!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/15/21
Phhht. Overachiever......
Sounds like you built up some good immunity to the Corona flu.
It's getting serious now. I barely smelled my coffee this morning. That's my alarm clock.

Still nothing to report 5 days later.
Your pallbearer detail must have Popeye arms by now.
Posted By: K22 Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/16/21
Originally Posted by high_country_
It's getting serious now. I barely smelled my coffee this morning. That's my alarm clock.

That was my first clue that I was in a bad way. grin
And now 2 1/2 months later.................still can't smell the coffee. mad
Posted By: AKduck Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/16/21
Haha good luck. My 2nd run with the WhuFlu knocked my nose out and still hasn’t made it back.
Originally Posted by K22

That was my first clue that I was in a bad way. grin
And now 2 1/2 months later.................still can't smell the coffee. mad

Originally Posted by AKduck
Haha good luck. My 2nd run with the WhuFlu knocked my nose out and still hasn’t made it back.

This very serious stuff here.... loss of smell..... omg now it makes sense why they shut the economy down.... duck911 approves this message
Do guys like high country just keep reusing the original casket?
Have you been self-medicating with any preventive medications like Ivermectin, zinc, D3?
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Have you been self-medicating with any preventive medications like Ivermectin, zinc, D3?

Yes. All of the above....and we had a bumper elderberry harvest.

I'm hiking the kettle crest range right now....feeling fine. 95% pulse ox and good hr numbers.

If I'm going out, it gonna be sitting on the couch. Near zero service. Im out.

I'm hiking the kettle crest range right now....feeling fine. 95% pulse ox and good hr numbers.

That's awesome! Glad to hear you're kicking it.
Morning scroll showed 44,900,000 confirmed cases in the country and that has to be under reported with lots of folks self medicating. That works out to 13.6% of the population. Lots of us know someone with first hand experience, some of whom reported mild symptoms and others a near death, sicker than they've ever been experience and now with long term ramifications. My insurance guy thought that he would quarantine up deer hunting and got so weak that he couldn't even pick up his bow. He said he didn't think he was going to make it home. You guys tout a 1% death rate as a nothing, but "recovered" could be life long respiratory and heart issues and walking with a walker. To say nothing of a 5 or 6 number hospital bill. I don't get what has you guys (22% of the adult population) so spooked about getting a shot? It's not like you haven't gotten them for shingles, polio, small pox, mumps and measles...
Posted By: ribka Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/17/21

Been picking lots of elderberries this fall and canning juice. good anti viral

Just wait a minute Mister, how are you hiking and on the campfire?

I need a couple of hummjngbird feeders, fox news blasting on the curtis mathes, and a whole kitchen table to contain all my commodore towers and usb cables and 1.0 megapixel camera bay.

Not to mention a couple of big fluffy mutts rubbing their anus on my couch and the smell of my stuffed poblano pepper goat meat creation I got from a guy for some concrete work.

😃
Just got the call....another positive test.

First go around was 20 hours of not feeling great. Lost smell. Never anything I'd miss work over.

Second was unrecognizable....but had funny aftertaste for a few days.

Third is so far asymptomatic and i have pretty low expectations. Sure glad I had to test every few days at work.....lame.

Likely most or all of them were false positives, since 80% of all positive tests for it are false. The test they use is nearly worthless as a diagnostic tool, according to the man who invented it. It's useful for certain applications in research, but not for diagnosing actual COVID-19 cases. Folks have bits and pieces of all sorts of viruses floating around in their systems, but that doesn't mean they have a case of any of them. The PCR test looks for those fragments, and when it discovers one, it comes up positive, and you are deemed to have a case of COVID-19.
Originally Posted by deflave

Of course not.

He’s been cremated.
Originally Posted by Windfall
Morning scroll showed 44,900,000 confirmed cases in the country and that has to be under reported with lots of folks self medicating. That works out to 13.6% of the population. Lots of us know someone with first hand experience, some of whom reported mild symptoms and others a near death, sicker than they've ever been experience and now with long term ramifications. My insurance guy thought that he would quarantine up deer hunting and got so weak that he couldn't even pick up his bow. He said he didn't think he was going to make it home. You guys tout a 1% death rate as a nothing, but "recovered" could be life long respiratory and heart issues and walking with a walker. To say nothing of a 5 or 6 number hospital bill. I don't get what has you guys (22% of the adult population) so spooked about getting a shot? It's not like you haven't gotten them for shingles, polio, small pox, mumps and measles...
You go ahead. I'm scared of Faucci, Gates, and Biden.
Oh my god......again with the Polio........

I don't get what has you fuqking morons so spooked about us making our own healthcare decisions, Go FuQk yourself.
Losing any of your senses blows, even just smell. First line of defense against eating or drinking foods that are turning bad. Couldn’t smell a natural gas leak. Electrical fire. Presence of chemicals. Dog Schitt on your shoe. Etc. Way more than just losing the pleasing facets of scent like your morning coffee.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/17/21
Got the second shingles vax Wednesday. Felt like road kill (again) on Thursday. Knew I would. Did it anyway. Cause shingles sux. Might get the flu vax this year. Think I need to update my tetanus next year.

Still not getting any CCP-19 vax.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Got the second shingles vax Wednesday. Felt like road kill (again) on Thursday. Knew I would. Did it anyway. Cause shingles sux. Might get the flu vax this year. Think I need to update my tetanus next year.

Still not getting any CCP-19 vax.

You anti-vaxxers make me laugh.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Of course not.

He’s been cremated.

Fook!

^^^Idiot^^^

^^^Idiot^^^

But, covid is exactly like polio, smallpox, or any of the other deadly diseases. We need to be afraid and listen to our governments. I am planning a trip to Florida and fully expect most of the people to be dead by the time I get there. GD
Posted By: K22 Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/17/21

WHAT!! Who are you speaking for? I, nor anyone in my family past and present have ever gotten a Vaccine period. Starting with my wife's parents, my parents, my combined 9 children, and the 19 grandchildren have never had shingles, polio, small pox, mumps, measles, nor any other disease. We are certainly not going to get a jab the big pharma is pushing. And we are not the only ones.

Maybe you should get the jab and pick up a 5G phone while your at it.
Originally Posted by K22

WHAT!! Who are you speaking for? I, nor anyone in my family past and present have ever gotten a Vaccine period. Starting with my wife's parents, my parents, my combined 9 children, and the 19 grandchildren have never had shingles, polio, small pox, mumps, measles, nor any other disease. We are certainly not going to get a jab the big pharma is pushing. And we are not the only ones.

You don't need any vaccine. You need birth control pills.

If every one of your 19 grandchildren had19 themselves, that would be 381 in about 60 years (40 in the case of hillbillies). If everyone else did that, well... Do the math.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/17/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

Just wait a minute Mister, how are you hiking and on the campfire?

I need a couple of hummjngbird feeders, fox news blasting on the curtis mathes, and a whole kitchen table to contain all my commodore towers and usb cables and 1.0 megapixel camera bay.

Not to mention a couple of big fluffy mutts rubbing their anus on my couch and the smell of my stuffed poblano pepper goat meat creation I got from a guy for some concrete work.

😃

I had a commodore 64.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Had a bit of a headache today. I think it was the 5.5 miles and heaps of vert combined with running out of water early.
Posted By: erikj Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/18/21
Had a bit of a headache today. I think it was the 5.5 miles and heaps of vert combined with running out of water early.

How was the trail? I've been meaning to check it out for a while now.
I was running ridges and there's plenty of blowdowns.
Posted By: erikj Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/18/21

You're a savage. Next time you get rona, you should run up Abercrombie.
Look folks, another person trying to compare these jabs to actual vaccines!

Posted By: Tarbe Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/18/21
Originally Posted by killerv
Look folks, another person trying to compare these jabs to actual vaccines!

Critical thinking is down the drain in this country world.
Man...I got sick a couple days ago.

Sore everywhere, terrible headache, light headed and dizzy.

Moderate cough but no runny nose or anything. Chest not too congested.

Sense of taste greatly diminished but not gone completely. I can taste my coffee this morning.

Even my eyeballs hurt!

Feel better today....but that was a pisser.

Not near as bad as winter 2020 though.
How's Highcountry this morning?

He ded?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
How's Highcountry this morning?

He ded?

He's polishing his casket.

DeFlaver told him to............
I don't get what has you guys (22% of the adult population) so spooked about getting a shot? It's not like you haven't gotten them for shingles, polio, small pox, mumps and measles...

Those were traditional vaccines. This COVID 'shot' certainly isn't. Look up what mRNA means. Compare and contrast to the polio vaccine.
Man...I got sick a couple days ago.

Sore everywhere, terrible headache, light headed and dizzy.

Moderate cough but no runny nose or anything. Chest not too congested.

Sense of taste greatly diminished but not gone completely. I can taste my coffee this morning.

Even my eyeballs hurt!

Feel better today....but that was a pisser.

Not near as bad as winter 2020 though.

That’s how I was after coming home from Alaska. Day three it was like someone ran over me with a Mack truck and threw it in reverse and backed back over me. It lasted four days of burning up and freezing but never went to my chest just a slight dry cough and bad head cold. It took a couple of weeks to get any energy back and my taste and smell was very diminished. I still get tired easily and taste,smell has gotten a little better. I hope yours goes away fast.
Originally Posted by erikj

I was gonna run up hook nose and see if i can scratch out a mulie.....
After a half gallon of water....I feel great.

Rona' ain't sheit after the bitter apple squeeze.
You aint got no damn rona 3 times.
Originally Posted by northern_dave

How you doin'?

How you doin'?

Good, bout to spray some 69 torino cobra jet fenders and doors. Black

Nope. 80% false positive rate on PCR test.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by K22

If every one of your 19 grandchildren had19 themselves, that would be 381 in about 60 years (40 in the case of hillbillies). If everyone else did that, well... Do the math.

You probably don't want to know what we hillbillies call mid-western yankees[in private].

You go ahead and be the Crash Test Dummy. I’ll wait for a couple of years and see what the long term effects of this Experimental Gene Therapy is. You can have my shots.
Posted By: erikj Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/19/21

We hit the Silver Creek side for a short muzzleloader hunt. Fair amount of wolf sign and metric ton of bear schit. Plenty of rubs but no luck. Try not to get your spittle all over everything.😷😷😷lol
high_country,

How dead are you today?

On a scale of 9-10.

Thanks in advance.

GD, David!

Follow the fugking science!

We hit the Silver Creek side for a short muzzleloader hunt. Fair amount of wolf sign and metric ton of bear schit. Plenty of rubs but no luck. Try not to get your spittle all over everything.😷😷😷lol

I killed a nice grizzly colored black bear there.
high_country,

How dead are you today?

On a scale of 9-10.

Thanks in advance.

I'm as good as any day a 46 year old schmuck who didn't graduate college or marry a doctor can be. All the normal aches are working, nothing new.....no cough, sore throat, pants schmitting......solid 9
So....I was a higher level state employee who refused vaccination and am no longer employed.....interesting call this morning when I learned that the big dog pushing the vax......has the rona.
So....I was a higher level state employee who refused vaccination and am no longer employed.....interesting call this morning when I learned that the big dog pushing the vax......has the rona.

Damn that sucks, man! Here's to finding something WAY better!

If it dies, you have to attend the funeral.

LOL
Originally Posted by JBabcock

You go ahead and be the Crash Test Dummy. I’ll wait for a couple of years and see what the long term effects of this Experimental Gene Therapy is. You can have my shots.

This is a .gov science experiment on a epic scale never imagined. mRNA vaccines have never been used on the general public before. This isn’t a virus based vaccine like the flu shot.
Posted By: K22 Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by K22

And this from someone who calls themself a "Christian". So what was that verse?????? Be fruitful and multiply? Yep, that was the one.
Still breathing. Still pure blood. Still happy with my decision.
Still breathing. Still pure blood. Still happy with my decision.

Don’t tell pahick.

LOL
My slope worker buddies want to come over and have a "chickenpox party" so they can work without stress. Pretty hard 360 from when we thought this was gonna stack bodies.
My slope worker buddies want to come over and have a "chickenpox party" so they can work without stress. Pretty hard 360 from when we thought this was gonna stack bodies.

What’s a slope worker?

Massage type work?

Interesting, will they get fired too?

Hopefully, you get to keep whatever bene's you accrued.

Glad you're able to get out and about.
Get well soon man
I gotta get sick before I can get well....
Posted By: Huntz Re: Third rona positive for me! - 10/21/21

Its kind of about all the folks who got the shot now are having unprecedented numbers of heart failure and blood clots.This is happening world wide and first coming to light now.Some Doctors are saying it seems to be more than a coincidence.This was on Newsmax this afternoon.I will take my chance with the Rona before a shot that might have a agenda of its own.
© 24hourcampfire