Home
Posted By: northern_dave follow THE science - 10/21/21
Science is like anything else. Music, food, religion, politics.

There's science, and then there's people cherry picking for what suits them. so, in the end, you have a topic that bends whichever way you like.

"We're following THE science"

THE science?

C'mon man...
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
In the real world, "Science", like Math, is grounded in repeatable and provable fact. It's when the progressive thinkers get ahold of it when suddenly 2+2=5.
Posted By: GRF Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Science is a process, it is the application of the scientific method and is constantly evolving.

“The Science “ does not exist.

Real science encourages open, vigorous debate as part of the process to finding better answers.

Not much open vigorous debate on key issues lately.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by GRF
Science is a process, it is the application of the scientific method and is constantly evolving.

Real science encourages open, vigorous debate as part of the process to finding better answers.

100%
Posted By: cfran Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Can you expound on your post a bit more? Covid related no doubt, and I understand folks from both sides of the vaccine topic are frustrated. Just wanting insights as to what you think people around here are missing in your opinion.

Certainly trust your perspective and hence the honest question.
Posted By: 673 Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Science......there are more Scientists today, than has ever been previously in total.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Always good to see Dave post.
Posted By: Squidge Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by GRF

There's peer review by fellow scientists, and then there's political spin by non-scientists.
Originally Posted by cfran
Can you expound on your post a bit more? Covid related no doubt, and I understand folks from both sides of the vaccine topic are frustrated. Just wanting insights as to what you think people around here are missing in your opinion.

Recent use of this new term "The science".

I feel we are being groomed for further direction from "THE science".

The science will soon drive whatever political direction you can imagine.

My point is, what they really mean is "follow OUR science"
I concur! Thanks for the clarification, I was a little slow on the uptake.
Posted By: goalie Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
The Cleveland Clinic did a study with health care workers who had recovered from covid.

Zero were reinfected.

That's better than the vaccine protection.

That's peer reviewed data that isn't debatable.

Yet, after pressure from .gov, they changed from "you shouldn't get the vaccine if you've had covid" to "we follow CDC guidelines and everyone should get the vaccine."

Them doing that was a VERY big deal. Had they done anything like that pre coronapocalypse, it would have been blasted by everyone.

Yet, crickets....
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Science is like anything else. Music, food, religion, politics.

There's science, and then there's people cherry picking for what suits them. so, in the end, you have a topic that bends whichever way you like.

"We're following THE science"

THE science?

C'mon man...

Science refers to a process for discovering the truth, not any particular set of conclusions, yet it's the latter that the establishment is pushing as the definition of science that we need to "follow."
How are you doing, work wise?
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Copernicus didn't follow the science. Galileo didn't follow the consensus science. Of course they were both ultimately wrong, but not as wrong as the 'science' that came before them. What was lacking in their time is the same thing GRF states. Vigorous, honest debate to reach a real conclusion rather than a political one. "Science" was political 500 years ago just as it is now because it is a tool used to keep the subjects in line.
How are you doing, work wise?

Me? Living the dream. 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

All ready for rifle season. My niece is coming up to opener. Have the whole week off.

And it's been 126 days since I did a TEE on a covid patient.

WINNING!!!!
Excellent!

My youngest is in a deer stand this morning.
Excellent!

Niiiiiiiice. I haven't had time for much bow hunting the last few years, but I've had all of rifle season off, which kinda makes up for it.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by GRF

Bingo. Science is the process which leads to fact, failure or inconclusive results.
Posted By: deflave Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
You could never build a rocket if you followed science the way a COVTARD does.

They’re fugking idiots.
Posted By: JimFromTN Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Sounds like conservative christians and the bible.
Posted By: Higginez Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Pro choice baby killers and a sonogram is a much better example.

I don’t recall any conservative Christians mandating shots or closing your business.

You fugking idiot.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

well there is also the issue of anthropomorphic global warming
Posted By: mark shubert Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
I equate science AND math to polls.
With desire and the proper knowledge, you can make them (appear to) say any damn thing you want them to.
Especially to those who do not exercise their brain power regularly.
Originally Posted by goalie
Excellent!

Niiiiiiiice. I haven't had time for much bow hunting the last few years, but I've had all of rifle season off, which kinda makes up for it.

Youth rifle opened this morning. It's his last year, I'm sure he feel like an adult sized trick or treater. Lmao!

But, it's legal.

So, you agree that the Cleveland Clinic should have ignored it's study data? That's "science" to you?

F'commie idiot

🙄

Come on Jim, I’ve been asking you simple questions. Comment on Israel, or the UK for that matter. And obviously the Cleveland Clinic study.

Fact: liberals won’t engage in a discussion when facts are presented, everything thing that guides you is based on feelings/emotion. Try the Huff Post, they are your kind.
Excellent!

Youth rifle opened this morning. It's his last year, I'm sure he feel like an adult sized trick or treater. Lmao!

But, it's legal.

I have a 12 year old in my deer stand this morning, holding out for a buck, 3 does sighted this morning. I love the youth hunt!
Posted By: Hastings Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
OK, so some conservative Christians are not open to acknowledging conflicting information in the bible even though at times it is plain to see. So I guess in a way you are right. The NIH (Dr. Faucci's baby) printed an article on July 27, 2015 in PubMed.gov warning about imperfect vaccines creating killer ''variants''. Now if you try to post that article up on Fakebook it blocks you for attempting to post abusive information.

So, yes you are right, there is a valid comparison.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Follow the science there buckwheat, ass sex causes aids.
Posted By: erikj Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

So, you agree that the Cleveland Clinic should have ignored it's study data? That's "science" to you?

F'commie idiot

🙄

He's referring to The $cience.
I was in an argument with a guy over the "horse medicine"

He says for petes sake Paul! Follow the Science!

I said you're right and you should take your own advice, get off of yahoo news and look at the science instead of just repeating what yahoo tells you.

I haven't heard another word for 2 months now. He either is mad at me or he's embarrassed for getting sucked in.
Paul, did NIH change their stance on Ivermectin?
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/
Posted By: Clarkm Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
September 2, 2015
The Tyranny of Consensus
By Dennis Chamberland
Never mind that climate change is the single most complex scientific question of human history. Human nature has managed to morph politics and science together into a repulsive, philosophic monstrosity -- half science and half religion -- specifically designed to reduce multifaceted, chaos-based theory and its inherent, profound complexity to absurdly simple computer modeled abstractions. This was accomplished for a reason, of course: specifically so that billions of dollars in global taxes may be levied at the point of a gun against the specter of anthropogenic climate change. It was carefully planned that way from the outset, and it was successfully leveraged upon a single event embedded within Western thought: the undetected collapse of the most fundamental understanding of the philosophy of science itself. This is not a complaint against anthropogenic climate change -- for the jury is certainly still out on that question. But there is a full-frontal attack against science itself that has been mounted in its name.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Come on Jim, I’ve been asking you simple questions. Comment on Israel, or the UK for that matter. And obviously the Cleveland Clinic study.

Fact: liberals won’t engage in a discussion when facts are presented, everything thing that guides you is based on feelings/emotion. Try the Huff Post, they are your kind.

Facts. Those are things which liberal morons like Jen from TN believe can be altered to suit any occasion. Why bother to argue facts with someone who believes an individual with XY chromosomes can actually become a woman, or that a child is of undetermined sex until the parents choose it?

The subversives have essentially banned sanity and made any attachment to reality appear to be evil.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Excellent!

But, it's legal.

.308 & a stone cold killer = good combination !

Good luck to RWSPWM ?
"follow the science" That is a hard thing to do with "science" running such a zig-zag course and doubling back all while using known liars as its spokesmen. 5 years ago NIH was warning about the disaster that imperfect vaccines could unleash, Faucci has admitted lying about masks, the efficacy of Ivermectin and other treatments has been denied, the books on Corona-19 deaths are obviously cooked. The vaccine is producing adverse events including death. Vaccinated people are ending up on life support with ''breakthrough'' variants. It is kind of hard to accept the word of proven liars with a known agenda.
1/2 the world should be embarrassed as fugk.

But instead they’re just gonna claim “survivor” status.

LOL
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by Hastings
"follow the science" That is a hard thing to do with "science" running such a zig-zag course and doubling back all while using known liars as its spokesmen. 5 years ago NIH was warning about the disaster that imperfect vaccines could unleash, Faucci has admitted lying about masks, the efficacy of Ivermectin and other treatments has been denied, the books on Corona-19 deaths are obviously cooked. The vaccine is producing adverse events including death. Vaccinated people are ending up on life support with ''breakthrough'' variants. It is kind of hard to accept the word of proven liars with a known agenda.

You are doing pretty well for a reformed Democrat!

There are lifelong "Republicans" here that disagree with all of your post.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

I am very rarely embarrassed.

I'm convinced the Trusted News Initiative is the key mechanism being used to change the $cience. TNI was used successfully to squash 2020 election fraud reporting. Now it's being used to censor anything anti-vax. We went from "free and fair" to "safe and effective". Straight up propaganda. Programming used to steer mass psychosis.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You are doing pretty well for a reformed Democrat!
There are lifelong "Republicans" here that disagree with all of your post.
I registered as a Democrat in 1971 when you basically didn't get to vote In Louisiana unless you were a Democrat. Almost all our races were decided in the Democrat primary. It was a holdover from the Civil War when the Republicans invaded us and set up carpetbag government. Every time I have thought about becoming a Republican they put up some criminal candidate so I just stay behind enemy lines. I have never voted for a Democrat for president.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
The Cleveland Clinic did a study with health care workers who had recovered from covid.

Zero were reinfected.

Yet, after pressure from .gov, they changed from "you shouldn't get the vaccine if you've had covid" to "we follow CDC guidelines and everyone should get the vaccine."

Them doing that was a VERY big deal. Had they done anything like that pre coronapocalypse, it would have been blasted by everyone.

Yet, crickets....

Kinda like when the .gov changed the definition of "vaccine".
Originally Posted by erikj
Paul, did NIH change their stance on Ivermectin?
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/

Lol, I'll have to send that to him, at this point I really don't care how mad he gets.
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

He'll half the world should be hanging their head in shame and begging profusely for forgiveness.

Problem is dumbfuqks rarely ever see the errors of their ways.
Posted By: Raeford Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Good to see you post JimT
Have a question for you:
Has anyone that is fully vaccinated for COVID died from COVID?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

We all "know" there is an agenda but is it really a "known" agenda at this point?

I feel if we "knew" the agenda, there would already be a revolution going on.
Paging: DocRocket.

Paging: DocRocket.

LOL
Posted By: Valsdad Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Zero were reinfected.

Yet, crickets....

Sources of Funding related change in their thinking?
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We all "know" there is an agenda but is it really a "known" agenda at this point?
I feel if we "knew" the agenda, there would already be a revolution going on.
You are correct, we do not know it all. But from my perspective there is a preponderance of evidence they are trying to kill people.
Governor Cuomo just got out in front a little too early with his culling of the expensive to keep nursing home inmates.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Zero were reinfected.

Yet, crickets....

They ain't saying.

Changing a study based treatment recommendation is a big phigging deal......or, it used to be
Posted By: rem141r Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
science is not an exact science. its like statistics. you can manipulate findings to suit your purpose.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Zero were reinfected.

Yet, crickets....

They ain't saying.

Changing a study based treatment recommendation is a big phigging deal......or, it used to be

Big enough deal I can hardly imagine it happening.

And yet..........there it is.

I'm betting on money being involved.................as per usual.
Posted By: Dutch Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21

Zero were reinfected.

Yet, crickets....

They ain't saying.

Whatever pressure was brought to bear, it involved many zeros and several commas...

Whenever someone mentions "the science" to me, I remind them that "the science" said Thalidomide was safe, the earth was flat and that the black plague was caused by bad humors and should be treated by blood letting.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Science says CHALLENGE THE SCIENCE; It is never "settled" and certainly NOT censored.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Science says CHALLENGE THE SCIENCE; It is never "settled" and certainly NOT censored.

Well said.

Seems that most of those "authorities" who lecture us about "science" have degrees in verbal fields such as law or journalism and wouldn't know "science" if it bit them in the arse. Real scientists don't talk that way.

Posted By: Fubarski Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Little science for ya:

"Anyone can test positive for practically anything with a PCR test, if you run it long enough (high number of cycles).

With PCR, if you do it well, you can find almost anything in anybody… it doesn’t tell you that you’re sick.” –Dr. Kary Mullis, inventor of the RT-PCR test.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
Have had appointments with a number of doctors over the last year or so. Most inquired if I had the vaccine, none suggested that I do it. Visited one today who asked and when I said "no" he responded, "DON'T!". He went on a little with fine points, one of which was the jab will turn your immune system off.

And its, 1, 2, 3, what the hell are we fightin' for?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn.
Next stop is Bam, Bam, Bam!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: follow THE science - 10/21/21
There is no science any more only politics.
© 24hourcampfire