Home
Posted By: stxhunter Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
I have a dillion press that's been in storage twenty yrs or more since we used it, has some surface rust. I seem to remember they were good about fixing these things, still the case, thinking about shipping it to them to get refurbished.
I remember tales of outstanding customer service told years ago. One guy claimed to have found a Dillon press at the dump and sent it to them, and it came back completely refurbed. I don't know if they're as generous as that anymore, since I own no Dillon equipment of my own to break (except a 600 Swager...gimme time, I'll break it! laugh ). They still seem to enjoy a very good reputation, though.
stxhunter, their customer service remains outstanding in my experience with them....
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
stxhunter, their customer service remains outstanding in my experience with them....
Good to know.
They Treated me Very very well.
Good People
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Great company and customer service, give them a call.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Give them a call. They have never failed to exceed my expectations.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Ditto on the good service experience. There have been delays when the parts they need to fix something are back ordered.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
I remember them refurbing one that was shot by a stray round in a robbery back in the 90s
My experience has been outstanding. I bought a new 750 from them last year and have been filling in the "nice to haves" a little at a time since then.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I remember them refurbing one that was shot by a stray round in a robbery back in the 90s

In SA my dad was friends with that gun store owner, that reloader took the bullet meant for him.
All my experiences with Dillon have been unbelievable. great guys to work with. Tech support is outstanding!
I have needed parts a couple of times, both cases it was operator error. They couldn't have been any friendlier getting me what I needed. Top notch company.

WS
A friend has a 1050... it is NOT the super lifetime warranty because Dillon considers 1050 "Commercial" machines... One year warranty only... still a great machine.

I think he also said that after he bought the 1050... Dillon relegated his 650 to a one year warranty also (some interchangeable parts maybe?).

Regardless, Dillon makes great stuff... I have had several.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
I broke a part on the priming mechanism on my RL450, bought in 1982 by the way. I called to get a new one. The guy knew exactly what I needed then took my address for shipping. I asked about how to pay. No charge. I explained to him it was my fault it broke. He again told me there was no charge. Dillon is a roll model of what every business should be like.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
In '93, Dillon rebuilt a worn out Square Deal I had bought at a LGS. No charge. 20 years later they rebuilt and upgraded the same unit. No charge the second time, either. Their service has been outstanding.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
I know dies are backordered a year, so they may be slow. The web page says they are swamped.
I have a 550 and they always sent parts for free. 550 is really smooth tool and worth every penny.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
My RL-550 is over 30 years old. Gets used as a turret press only and gets a lot of use. It's now like their BL-550 basic reloader. Part of the casting finally broke. Called Dillon and found that for (IIRC) $79.95 + shipping to them they will rebuild it and pay to ship it back to me. Sent it in a couple months ago. Got it back in less than 2 weeks completely refurbed with other parts replaced as well. I think mine finally went to hell after 30 years because of lack of maintenance. There's an online video on lubrication that I never knew about and never paid much attention to the press. Just used the heck out of it. With proper lubrication one of those things should last longer than the owner. I'm the original owner and after 30 something years of good service it was cheaper than buying another decent press. Done business with Dillon on other stuff over the years and they have always treated me great so I wasn't looking for freebies.
Posted By: g5m Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Dillon has excellent service.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
some years ago, a friend of mine, marine, was in iraq/ I was scrounging for stuff to send him, thought some of those models on the cover of blue press would cheer him upl went to dillons watched them do the photo layouts for the cover, and got the pictures of all the models.
they were a big hit in iraq, his c.o. only said he wished he had gotten them
time went by and friend came into townk he wanted to thank dillon so i took him to the storel Mike gave him a personal tour including his machine gun collection and set up an account for him where he could purchase anything they carried at dealer cost. Mike was an outstanding human beingl
Posted By: g5m Re: Dillion customer service - 11/14/21
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Mike was an outstanding human beingl

Yes, he was!
© 24hourcampfire