Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a dillion press that's been in storage twenty yrs or more since we used it, has some surface rust. I seem to remember they were good about fixing these things, still the case, thinking about shipping it to them to get refurbished.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember tales of outstanding customer service told years ago. One guy claimed to have found a Dillon press at the dump and sent it to them, and it came back completely refurbed. I don't know if they're as generous as that anymore, since I own no Dillon equipment of my own to break (except a 600 Swager...gimme time, I'll break it! laugh ). They still seem to enjoy a very good reputation, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
stxhunter, their customer service remains outstanding in my experience with them....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
stxhunter, their customer service remains outstanding in my experience with them....
Good to know.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They Treated me Very very well.
Good People

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great company and customer service, give them a call.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give them a call. They have never failed to exceed my expectations.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto on the good service experience. There have been delays when the parts they need to fix something are back ordered.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember them refurbing one that was shot by a stray round in a robbery back in the 90s

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My experience has been outstanding. I bought a new 750 from them last year and have been filling in the "nice to haves" a little at a time since then.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I remember them refurbing one that was shot by a stray round in a robbery back in the 90s

In SA my dad was friends with that gun store owner, that reloader took the bullet meant for him.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All my experiences with Dillon have been unbelievable. great guys to work with. Tech support is outstanding!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have needed parts a couple of times, both cases it was operator error. They couldn't have been any friendlier getting me what I needed. Top notch company.

WS

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A friend has a 1050... it is NOT the super lifetime warranty because Dillon considers 1050 "Commercial" machines... One year warranty only... still a great machine.

I think he also said that after he bought the 1050... Dillon relegated his 650 to a one year warranty also (some interchangeable parts maybe?).

Regardless, Dillon makes great stuff... I have had several.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I broke a part on the priming mechanism on my RL450, bought in 1982 by the way. I called to get a new one. The guy knew exactly what I needed then took my address for shipping. I asked about how to pay. No charge. I explained to him it was my fault it broke. He again told me there was no charge. Dillon is a roll model of what every business should be like.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In '93, Dillon rebuilt a worn out Square Deal I had bought at a LGS. No charge. 20 years later they rebuilt and upgraded the same unit. No charge the second time, either. Their service has been outstanding.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know dies are backordered a year, so they may be slow. The web page says they are swamped.
I have a 550 and they always sent parts for free. 550 is really smooth tool and worth every penny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My RL-550 is over 30 years old. Gets used as a turret press only and gets a lot of use. It's now like their BL-550 basic reloader. Part of the casting finally broke. Called Dillon and found that for (IIRC) $79.95 + shipping to them they will rebuild it and pay to ship it back to me. Sent it in a couple months ago. Got it back in less than 2 weeks completely refurbed with other parts replaced as well. I think mine finally went to hell after 30 years because of lack of maintenance. There's an online video on lubrication that I never knew about and never paid much attention to the press. Just used the heck out of it. With proper lubrication one of those things should last longer than the owner. I'm the original owner and after 30 something years of good service it was cheaper than buying another decent press. Done business with Dillon on other stuff over the years and they have always treated me great so I wasn't looking for freebies.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dillon has excellent service.

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
some years ago, a friend of mine, marine, was in iraq/ I was scrounging for stuff to send him, thought some of those models on the cover of blue press would cheer him upl went to dillons watched them do the photo layouts for the cover, and got the pictures of all the models.
they were a big hit in iraq, his c.o. only said he wished he had gotten them
time went by and friend came into townk he wanted to thank dillon so i took him to the storel Mike gave him a personal tour including his machine gun collection and set up an account for him where he could purchase anything they carried at dealer cost. Mike was an outstanding human beingl

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.