Home
Or horse, cow, car at night without lights, trailer at night without lights?

Lot of South Texas Browns and Dimocraps in Texas think they save gas having lights off.
Drunks yes!
Depends. I did once, saw an idiot in a work truck weaving into other lanes during rush hour on I-25 in Denver. Crowded, five lanes. When I got up to him the dipsh*t was tipping up a tallboy.
I have twice called LE on drivers I suspected were impaired, and I tailed them at a distance until LE arrived on scene.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Drunks yes!
Ditto... Had one nearly run me off the road in '75... He was ahead of me and as I was to pass he veered over into my lane.. For the next ten miles he was all over the road; nearly running two other cars off the road.. . NO cell phones at that time, but I had a CB radio in the cab.. Got hold of a local cop in the next town, gave him the info and vehicle type and had him merge in front of me when we went through town.. Within two blocks the lights came on. The cop told me later the guy could hardly stand up - much less drive - and thanked me profusely for getting this a-hole off the road..
I have, followed the jerk about 15 miles before the sheriff could catch up to him. He was over the rumble strip into the dirt and over the centerline several times. Good thing there was no traffic to speak of.

Cows and horses on the road are very dangerous at night, people get killed hitting them, I will call them in every time.
I did some years ago when a pickup loaded with truck tires was completely crossing the side lines on I-84 near Baker, OR. He got way ahead of us when we stopped at a rest area. When we passed him again, he had pulled off the road and stopped at an exit.
a couple of times.
No, just old senile folks……. Who are loaded on pills.
🙄
I did this summer on a big rig weaving shoulder to shoulder on I-94. Told the dispatcher I suspected drunk or medical problem
Originally Posted by jaguartx
....trailer at night without lights?

90% of the people in Mississippi would be in jail if they arrested people for that.
Yep. Once in Chattanooga when a guy in an old sedan, woman up front with him and couple of kids in the back, passed slow traffic on the interstate IN THE MEDIAN. He was going 65 to 70 with dirt, rocks and grass flying.

Another while going thru Atlanta on I-85 where it was 5 or 6 lanes each way. It was getting late at night and someone in a minivan was all over most of the lanes with speed varying from about 30 to 90 or so. I busted him to the po-po and stayed behind him long as I could and as long as I could keep up until he exited. Then gave the dispatcher, who stayed on the line, a description and exit number where I last saw the vehicle.
I tried to report a carload of obviously underage, and very drunk kids at a convenience store in Nashville who were trying to buy more beer. They had almost hit two cars as they drove into the parking lot. An extremely rude 911 operator refused to take my call, and told me to call the police department's "non-emergency" hot line!

Yes I do!
Yep

Losing loved ones to impaired drivers is BS
Once, it was couple months ago.

Followed him form a gas station to a Walmart parking lot. He was beyond drunk. Tried to figure out where he was coming or going from or a phone number to call. I hate to call the cops on someone but he gave me no option to figure out a ride or a place for me to take him.

As soon as the cops got there he told them everything like a retard.
Originally Posted by fester
No, just old senile folks……. Who are loaded on pills.
🙄

Col Travis will thank you. wink

Hey, if you take your pills, you may get old too. grin
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Once, it was couple months ago.

Followed him form a gas station to a Walmart parking lot. He was beyond drunk. Tried to figure out where he was coming or going from or a phone number to call. I hate to call the cops on someone but he gave me no option to figure out a ride or a place for me to take him.

As soon as the cops got there he told them everything like a retard.

Lmao…..

Like your name, ya fu cking hypocrite 😉
Was driving on interstate in central Oregon, going to eastern Oregon to elk hunt. Some guy passes me and as he’s even with me, he takes a bug slug of Jack Daniels straight from the bottle. Friend with me got his plate number. We stopped at next exit ( pre cell phone) and called the hiway patrol and resumed our journey. Quite a few miles down the hiway, the highway patrol had the guy cuffed spread eagle and was frisking him. May have saved the guys life or others life.
Recently called 911 on a guy weaving all over the road. They were able to pinpoint my cellphone, as well as pinpoint his when he pulled off and into the back of his rural property such that they read me the address to confirm.

I was sorta, but not, surprised they have this technology.
Not me...

I wait for them to crash into a big oak... then I roll them for cash, guns and and free drugs...

Then I toss a match on the spilled gas...

Cheaper for taxpayers in the end...

I have a acquired a couple of nice Colts with this practice.
I made the mistake of following a drunk chick once.
Layed way back and observed as she ran cars off the road head on and mowed down mail boxes.

She pulled into a shopping center parking lot and went up and over the parking bumper then came to a complete stop.

I pulled up behind her and got out of my car to check on her.
Just as I closed my door she hit reverse and floored it cause her car wasn't moving.

Her tires grabbed, she comes flying back and broadsides my car and pushed it back 40 feet then hung a right and drove away never to be seen again. Took the cops over a hour to respond.

Now days I steer clear and hope for the best..
Nope

Fouck the police

They always want to know more information about me than someone driving from ditch to ditch in previous times I’ve called

Meth heads across the street are at each other’s throat once a week, gal beating on the side her beau’s trailer and pickup with a 2x4, them rolling around out in the grass screaming, spinning tires and flinging gravel honking the horn for 2-3 minutes nonstops, cussing and hauling ass down the road.

Neither one have a license to drive, revoked

I just sit down in a lawn chair and watch and laugh. Hell the cops, they only take radar on church folk Sunday morns
Yes, drunk almost hit me. They found my location quick with my phone.
I have..............
Should also call in blue hairs driving.

If someone had stopped Hubert, he might not have wrecked his truck. Thankfully he didn't kill anybody.
Is he still around?
Absolutely
Passed a chp truck that was tailing someone doing 40mph…..

I’m half drunk from the night before having fun with a good gal.

I’m gonna pass a truck….

I thought to myself, “what’s the worst that can happen, get a ticket?”

5 miles down the road I get pulled over.

Chp get to my window and asks if I knew who I was passing. Lol
Yes sir, don’t write me up for a big one. Lol

He shook his head and walked away……

Dick head gave me a 70 in 55 …..
"The car will be easy to recognize- - - - -it's the one with all the bullet holes!" Guaranteed to get a quick response from the gendarmes!
Originally Posted by Esox357
Drunks yes!

Absolutely!

My best friend from when we were young boys was killed by a stinking drunk driver. I hate them and would just as soon blow their worthless azzes away.
I tried once, but I couldn't remember my plate numbers.
If I suspect the driver is drunk, absolutely.
I've done it a couple of times.
No idea if anyone followed through.
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
I tried once, but I couldn't remember my plate numbers.

😂
No

Ain't no snitch
Nawww...
Most times it's an oldster with beetus glasses on from passing that nice young eye doctors eye test the Dmv says to get when they fail the eye test the rest of us have to pass...
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Or cow, ?

Multiple times in the 5 years we've been here. Call the number, tell them where we are, they ask what color ear tag so they can call the rancher.

If I'm pretty sure who's field they came out of, I'll just stop at the ranch house and ask if they've got cattle out there and a bad fence.

I'd hate to see someone lose and animal, and on our back roads, hitting a cow/steer at 55-65MPH is gonna hurt people too most likely.

Have reported a driver or two, usually after 3 times over the fog line and a couple over the center line, if they aren't impaired, they're texting or falling asleep. Or both.
I have not but would in a heart beat if I saw clear evidence. I know folks who have had their lives ruined by drunk drivers.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
No

Ain't no snitch

Word…..
Only once when I worked for the DOT, a woman was all over the Interstate in spds up to 90. I call 911 told them the problem they linked with county sheriff who linked to the sdhp had us a 3 way conversation on the cell phone they asked me to stay with her if I could, told them yup but don 't write me ticket for doing it ok. The trolls came on a mile or so later on the interstate behind me kept talking to dispatch and saw him coming up behind told him what I was in and I'd pull over for him to pass. So we did it woman in the car didn't stop for over a mile. They called me the next day she was twice+ the legal limit and they thanked me for my concern. Then my dauntless dickhead boss chewed my ass for speeding. Ain't no winning but got her off the road before she caused an accident. .
Mb
Meh……..

Should call the cops for dumb ass drivers…..

Most drunks are good drivers, in my experience.

Now tipping over drunk…… yeah, give em a ride home

Andbody can make a mess sober or not.
Seen more [bleep] from people being under the influence of dumb
causing chaos and deaths as apposed to impaired people….. go figure. Ymmv.
Unless you call in texter’s, eaters, arguers, sleepyheads, and warm weather cuhnhts driving in their first snow then it’s all virtue signaling hypocrisy.

Nobody wants to address Hubert except slumlord.

Need a link?
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Earlier this year we narrowly avoided a drunk eastbound on westbound I-94.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.
Nah, tried it, asked about it. Local cops aren't interested unless it's at a roadblock. Otherwise they just want nice easy speeding tickets.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Unless you call in texter’s, eaters, arguers, sleepyheads, and warm weather cuhnhts driving in their first snow then it’s all virtue signaling hypocrisy.

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

Hubert falling asleep driving? On old folks drugs?

I seem to recall something, but no details.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.

Well I’m truly sorry…. And understand your stance
Will and have.
Don't they have open range where you live? With traffic signs having a picture of a cow, and open range on the sign. Hit one on open range here you buy the cow.
Drunks I have called twice, both times the drunks, caused accidents and drove on!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16450978/1

I stand by my point that no one will address. Unless you call in every unsafe and distracted driver, then you’re a virtue signaling hypocrite
Never have and probably never will unless I see something that I have yet to see. If somebody is all over the road or whatever I might, but not because I see a car weave or somebody drinking a beer or something. Also 911 is for emergencies, not nanny calls.

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

I stand by my point that no one will address. Unless you call in every unsafe and distracted driver, then you’re a virtue signaling hypocrite

Harsh, but true.

I disagree gruff. What good would calling in a texter do anyway? By the time a cop gets there, he/she won't be texting anymore. When I see someone looking at their phone and swerving, I blow the horn at 'em. Sometimes they even put the phone down.

A swerving drunk on the other hand is a swerving drunk all the way home. They can't put the phone down.

To Buckhaggard's point, I rarely make a call, and only when the person is doing something really stupid like weaving all over in heavy traffic.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I tried to report a carload of obviously underage, and very drunk kids at a convenience store in Nashville who were trying to buy more beer. They had almost hit two cars as they drove into the parking lot. An extremely rude 911 operator refused to take my call, and told me to call the police department's "non-emergency" hot line!

That's because it's not an emergency.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

That's because it's not an emergency.

Does it rise to "emergency" level when they leave the convenience store lot an enter the public roadway?
Originally Posted by dale06
Was driving on interstate in central Oregon, going to eastern Oregon to elk hunt. Some guy passes me and as he’s even with me, he takes a bug slug of Jack Daniels straight from the bottle. Friend with me got his plate number. We stopped at next exit ( pre cell phone) and called the hiway patrol and resumed our journey. Quite a few miles down the hiway, the highway patrol had the guy cuffed spread eagle and was frisking him. May have saved the guys life or others life.

Most likely just ruined his. Good work.
I'm assuming some of you call the cops when people aren't wearing a mask when it's mandated by the local government too?
I have and will again if necessary.

The life I save might be yours.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Then you do call if people aren't wearing masks?
I'm assuming some of you call the cops when people aren't wearing a mask when it's mandated by the local government too?

How many people do you know who've been killed by someone not wearing a mask? How many vehicles you got that were damaged by some a**hole because he wasn't wearing a mask?

Need a link?

Jog my memory please.

Different levels of danger I'd say.

The trash hauler semi driver I called in on I 84 along the Columbia, having followed him for +/- 10 miles to give him the benefit of the doubt, with his right wheels going into the dirt shoulder multiple times, and his left wheel going a good three feet into the passing lane when he corrected, needed to be called in as it wasn't just a case of a momentary distraction. Something was up for sure. Falling asleep from a night of driving (0700 hrs)? Medical issue?

An 80,000 lb rig unable to stay in its lane for 10+ miles, in my mind, becomes more than just an "unsafe and distracted driver".

I haven't found it necessary, yet, to shoot one of the neighborhood dogs that runs out to the edge of their property in a threatening manner. Let them come all the way out with the obvious intention of harming me, my wife, or our dogs, and it elevates the situation to beyond the danger level. Just like certain drivers do.
I followed a skanky gal and her burnout beau for about 7 miles one morning. She was driving. 30s somethings had the meth/biker/live with grandma look about them.

white line to white line, worst I’d ever seen doing about 20-25 mph in a 50. I was on phone with 911 gave em details, plate numbers, they gave me a run around why did I *67 when I called, who was I, what was my number, etc.

They pulled into a hajjii raghead gas station. I walked up to them sitting in the car and asked was they alright. Easy Rider in the passenger seat eyes blood shot, he says “yeh man its all good she is a diabetic”

Pffft

Both smelled like 3 days of Jim Beam.

I told dispatch they were parked at such and such gas station. I filled up with gas, hung out for for about 10 mins. They drove off and continued on down another way from where I was going. Inwas headed to WORK to go lay their bills. Deputies never showed. About 15 mins had elapsed total and they couldnt get on em.
The beetus will get a person every time.
I sure as hell do. I’ve had wrong way drivers pass by me twice on the freeway. Both times they passed directly next to me in the next lane over. The first time it happened it was a car coming down the carpool transition ramp from another freeway onto I-10.

That happens a lot here for some reason. They are almost always piss drunk but I do remember an old lady did it in the middle of the day (friend I worked with ended up with the insurance claim). She was just really old and took too many percocets for her hip or something.

Last time I called one in was a crazy methed out twitchy younger woman driving like a complete idiot nearly rear ending people and passing on the shoulder. At one point she was just driving on the shoulder thinking it was a lane. That might be par for the course in Reno though. I was driving through.

Not my style, not my business. Steer clear. Get where I’m going. Chips fall where they may.
*HP....

is our highway patro.......I've called it few times to report wreckless driving....
Wreckless driving triggers the chit out of me.
So you have no input, just looking for a reaction to your ignorant post! GFY
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Wreckless driving triggers the chit out of me.

Prolly my #1 trigger.
That's for short spurs !!!
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

Lol

Have you ever heard of a PHUUCKING JOKE?

How many people have you arrested for DUI? I would bet my number is higher.........
We were once in the far right lane of a 4 lane highway (2 lanes each direction). A car drove at us in our lane. I flashed my lights at him but he kept coming and we had to go onto the shoulder to let him by. I turned around and followed him from the correct side of the road while he continued driving into oncoming traffic. I called 911 as we followed him to a gas station where he parked but didn't leave his car. The 911 operator asks us to stick by until an officer arrived. 2 cops arrive, get him out of his car, and he is a full out gangster with head tattoos, tear drops in the corners of his eyes, etc. He gets the sobriety test and fails and is hauled off. The cops gathered my contact information and took a statement from me. We went on our way thinking we had done a good deed and possibly saved someone from an accident at the hands of a drunken driver. A few months later I get a call from the prosecutor asking if I would be willing to testify in court about his driving. He ended up pleading no contest and I didn't have to go to court. However, the lesson I learned along the way from talking to the prosecutor, because he felt compelled to warn me, was that the defendant has a right to all data related to his charges. He and his defense attorney were provided the entirety of the police report information. This included my name, address, and phone number. Nothing bad came of it but we were terrified for months. It's sad, but I would no longer call the police for any minor crimes including a DWI as I have to consider the safety of my family first.
Average about once every month or two. Not just drunks, but also other things.
No

Ain't no snitch

Sure wish someone would have snitched on the a-hole that killed my dad and put my mom and seven year old sister in the hospital for months.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Then you do call if people aren't wearing masks?

Do you consider the two issues equal?
Originally Posted by smokepole

I disagree gruff. What good would calling in a texter do anyway? By the time a cop gets there, he/she won't be texting anymore. When I see someone looking at their phone and swerving, I blow the horn at 'em. Sometimes they even put the phone down.

A swerving drunk on the other hand is a swerving drunk all the way home. They can't put the phone down.

To Buckhaggard's point, I rarely make a call, and only when the person is doing something really stupid like weaving all over in heavy traffic.

We'll agree to disagree. If the issue at hand is unsafe drivers, then that brings in the texters, eaters, blue hairs, and folks unaccustomed to snow/sleet/ice. As evidenced by my reference to the Hubert thread.

If somebody wants to tug heartstrings and emote about alcohol impaired drivers then they need to admit they are cherry picking and not being honest.
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

Lol

How many people have you arrested for DUI? I would bet my number is higher.........

Some people have a knack for comedy. You obviously don’t.
I am not and never have been LEO.
Doofus. 😁
I absolutely do. It is not snitching. It is reporting a crime. Most people have little chance of being killed by criminals if they aren't involved in criminal activity themselves and they are selective in their choice of bed partners. The biggest exception pertains to impaired driving, where the person minding their own business and being careful gets killed or seriously injured without warning. As far as Gruff's comment is concerned, I don't attempt to investigate and ascertain the reason why someone appears to be impaired. If someone looks like they are driving in a manner that could kill someone, I call it in. I don't usually tail people after calling it in because I don't want to be involved in the collision.
Originally Posted by kenoh2
No

Ain't no snitch

Sure wish someone would have snitched on the a-hole that killed my dad and put my mom and seven year old sister in the hospital for months.

It was a joke. Sorry I joked around, I apologize for not being somber and a Debbie downer about anything/everything.

I have literally arrested people for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

I'll be super serial from now on.
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

Lol

Some people have a knack for comedy. You obviously don’t.
I am not and never have been LEO.
Doofus. 😁

Oh so I guess taking drunks off the road isn't that big of a deal to you then?
Did once never again.
JH,

I like you man, but you're rolling a little agro lately.

Are you OK?
Stopped to help a car that ran off the road one night. Saw it happen about a quarter mile ahead of us. Car went off the right shoulder and made a huge spray of snow up in the air. Stopped in the closest driveway on a two lane highway. Guy opened the door and fell out of the car face first into the snow. I thought he was injured, called 911 and waited for law enforcement and ems to show up.

Long story short, he was drunk. Belligerent as H e ll. Made a big stink until law enforcement arrived. Demanded I drive him home. My 12 year old son was with me and he was exposed to to whole song and dance. "Take me home!". "No, sorry but we have to wait until the police arrive". "Take me home right now!". Over and over for 20 + minutes. Told him to get back in his car. He tried to get unstuck and drove his car downhill into a ravine. Wasted over an hour of our time, gave a report and then was subpoenaed to go to court.

Wasted another couple of hours doing that. He did a plea deal and agreed to some kind of rehab program.

I would do the same thing again but would be less nice with the belligerence.

One good thing, my son is fully grown now and won't touch a drop of alcohol.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I absolutely do. It is not snitching. It is reporting a crime. Most people have little chance of being killed by criminals if they aren't involved in criminal activity themselves and they are selective in their choice of bed partners. The biggest exception pertains to impaired driving, where the person minding their own business and being careful gets killed or seriously injured without warning. As far as Gruff's comment is concerned, I don't attempt to investigate and ascertain the reason why someone appears to be impaired. If someone looks like they are driving in a manner that could kill someone, I call it in. I don't usually tail people after calling it in because I don't want to be involved in the collision.

So I can assume from your post you call in every blue hair, texter, and distracted driver you encounter.

Good , at least you are honest.
^^ No, you cannot assume that. I do not focus on the driver. I focus on what the vehicle is doing. There are tons of bad drivers out there doing stupid stuff all the time. Only some bad driving rises to the level of menace to society on the road that justifies a call to the police. If a vehicle is weaving all over the place, or a person is proceeding against traffic for 3 blocks on a divided roadway, I don't know or care what the person looks like or whether they are drunk, texting, suffering from dementia, have blue hair or whatnot. That is not my primary concern and I do not attempt to close the distance to try to figure that out. I used the term "impaired" in my post instead of drunk driving for a reason.
Oh hell yeah!
Imagine if you found out that 15 miles later they killed someone.
And you could have stopped it.
If you can't do it for the right reason.
Do it for yourself.
Oh, hell yes I . . .

Wait, never mind. I thought you said 1911.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Ever called in someone having sex/BJ's and that type of thing? grin

I sure hope so!!! Anybody who drives drunk is a loser, selfish S.O.B. that deserves the strictest punishment. They have no regard for human life and think of nothing but themselves.
My part of the country and when I'm out driving is more about livestock being out, but most of the sober pull out in front of you drivers are worse than a drunk
Originally Posted by slumlord
I followed a skanky gal and her burnout beau for about 7 miles one morning. She was driving. 30s somethings had the meth/biker/live with grandma look about them.

white line to white line, worst I’d ever seen doing about 20-25 mph in a 50. I was on phone with 911 gave em details, plate numbers, they gave me a run around why did I *67 when I called, who was I, what was my number, etc.

They pulled into a hajjii raghead gas station. I walked up to them sitting in the car and asked was they alright. Easy Rider in the passenger seat eyes blood shot, he says “yeh man its all good she is a diabetic”

Pffft

Both smelled like 3 days of Jim Beam.

I told dispatch they were parked at such and such gas station. I filled up with gas, hung out for for about 10 mins. They drove off and continued on down another way from where I was going. Inwas headed to WORK to go lay their bills. Deputies never showed. About 15 mins had elapsed total and they couldnt get on em.

Cant imagine why LEO would blow you off like that. confused whistle

Nah. There's a wrecked car that stays parked in front of one of the pawn shops here. Probably stolen from somewhere. The hookers over by Hard Rock casino use it to turn tricks. Been there for months. Nobody calls it in.

Somebody doing 70 in a 30.. [bleep] are gonna kill somebody's mother, brother, aunt, sister.

Yeah, you damn right I'll dial 'em right up.

Not me, when I see that it's strictly a citizen's arrest type of thing..
Yup, but only if I know em.
Originally Posted by 280Rem1

I sure hope so!!! Anybody who drives drunk is a loser, selfish S.O.B. that deserves the strictest punishment. They have no regard for human life and think of nothing but themselves.

Need a hug from mommy?
© 24hourcampfire