Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I followed a skanky gal and her burnout beau for about 7 miles one morning. She was driving. 30s somethings had the meth/biker/live with grandma look about them.

white line to white line, worst I’d ever seen doing about 20-25 mph in a 50. I was on phone with 911 gave em details, plate numbers, they gave me a run around why did I *67 when I called, who was I, what was my number, etc.

They pulled into a hajjii raghead gas station. I walked up to them sitting in the car and asked was they alright. Easy Rider in the passenger seat eyes blood shot, he says “yeh man its all good she is a diabetic”

Pffft

Both smelled like 3 days of Jim Beam.

I told dispatch they were parked at such and such gas station. I filled up with gas, hung out for for about 10 mins. They drove off and continued on down another way from where I was going. Inwas headed to WORK to go lay their bills. Deputies never showed. About 15 mins had elapsed total and they couldnt get on em.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The beetus will get a person every time.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
I sure as hell do. I’ve had wrong way drivers pass by me twice on the freeway. Both times they passed directly next to me in the next lane over. The first time it happened it was a car coming down the carpool transition ramp from another freeway onto I-10.

That happens a lot here for some reason. They are almost always piss drunk but I do remember an old lady did it in the middle of the day (friend I worked with ended up with the insurance claim). She was just really old and took too many percocets for her hip or something.

Last time I called one in was a crazy methed out twitchy younger woman driving like a complete idiot nearly rear ending people and passing on the shoulder. At one point she was just driving on the shoulder thinking it was a lane. That might be par for the course in Reno though. I was driving through.

Last edited by Futura; 12/06/21.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not my style, not my business. Steer clear. Get where I’m going. Chips fall where they may.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
*HP....

is our highway patro.......I've called it few times to report wreckless driving....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wreckless driving triggers the chit out of me.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
So you have no input, just looking for a reaction to your ignorant post! GFY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Wreckless driving triggers the chit out of me.

Prolly my #1 trigger.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
That's for short spurs !!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Earlier this year we narrowly avoided a drunk eastbound on westbound I-94.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.

Lol

Have you ever heard of a PHUUCKING JOKE?

How many people have you arrested for DUI? I would bet my number is higher.........

IC B3

T
T
We were once in the far right lane of a 4 lane highway (2 lanes each direction). A car drove at us in our lane. I flashed my lights at him but he kept coming and we had to go onto the shoulder to let him by. I turned around and followed him from the correct side of the road while he continued driving into oncoming traffic. I called 911 as we followed him to a gas station where he parked but didn't leave his car. The 911 operator asks us to stick by until an officer arrived. 2 cops arrive, get him out of his car, and he is a full out gangster with head tattoos, tear drops in the corners of his eyes, etc. He gets the sobriety test and fails and is hauled off. The cops gathered my contact information and took a statement from me. We went on our way thinking we had done a good deed and possibly saved someone from an accident at the hands of a drunken driver. A few months later I get a call from the prosecutor asking if I would be willing to testify in court about his driving. He ended up pleading no contest and I didn't have to go to court. However, the lesson I learned along the way from talking to the prosecutor, because he felt compelled to warn me, was that the defendant has a right to all data related to his charges. He and his defense attorney were provided the entirety of the police report information. This included my name, address, and phone number. Nothing bad came of it but we were terrified for months. It's sad, but I would no longer call the police for any minor crimes including a DWI as I have to consider the safety of my family first.

Last edited by Timmer; 12/06/21.

Timmer
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Average about once every month or two. Not just drunks, but also other things.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
No

Ain't no snitch

Sure wish someone would have snitched on the a-hole that killed my dad and put my mom and seven year old sister in the hospital for months.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I have and will again if necessary.

The life I save might be yours.

Then you do call if people aren't wearing masks?

Do you consider the two issues equal?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I stand by my point that no one will address. Unless you call in every unsafe and distracted driver, then you’re a virtue signaling hypocrite

I disagree gruff. What good would calling in a texter do anyway? By the time a cop gets there, he/she won't be texting anymore. When I see someone looking at their phone and swerving, I blow the horn at 'em. Sometimes they even put the phone down.

A swerving drunk on the other hand is a swerving drunk all the way home. They can't put the phone down.

To Buckhaggard's point, I rarely make a call, and only when the person is doing something really stupid like weaving all over in heavy traffic.

We'll agree to disagree. If the issue at hand is unsafe drivers, then that brings in the texters, eaters, blue hairs, and folks unaccustomed to snow/sleet/ice. As evidenced by my reference to the Hubert thread.

If somebody wants to tug heartstrings and emote about alcohol impaired drivers then they need to admit they are cherry picking and not being honest.

MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

A drunk crossed the centerline and hit the car carrying two of my sisters. Messed them up pretty good.

In the past couple of years I have called 911 on a drunk driving north on I-75, he was all over the road, his speed varied from 50-80 mph, and ha would have sideswiped 2-3 vehicles if they hadn’t swerved to avoid him. I followed him till MSP caught up and pulled him over.
Anybody that would ignore that kind of intoxicated driving because “They’re not a snitch” is an azzhole. Plain and simple.

Lol

How many people have you arrested for DUI? I would bet my number is higher.........

Some people have a knack for comedy. You obviously don’t.
I am not and never have been LEO.
Doofus. 😁

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I absolutely do. It is not snitching. It is reporting a crime. Most people have little chance of being killed by criminals if they aren't involved in criminal activity themselves and they are selective in their choice of bed partners. The biggest exception pertains to impaired driving, where the person minding their own business and being careful gets killed or seriously injured without warning. As far as Gruff's comment is concerned, I don't attempt to investigate and ascertain the reason why someone appears to be impaired. If someone looks like they are driving in a manner that could kill someone, I call it in. I don't usually tail people after calling it in because I don't want to be involved in the collision.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kenoh2
No

Ain't no snitch

Sure wish someone would have snitched on the a-hole that killed my dad and put my mom and seven year old sister in the hospital for months.

It was a joke. Sorry I joked around, I apologize for not being somber and a Debbie downer about anything/everything.

I have literally arrested people for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

I'll be super serial from now on.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No

Ain't no snitch

Figures.
Asshat.

Lol

Some people have a knack for comedy. You obviously don’t.
I am not and never have been LEO.
Doofus. 😁

Oh so I guess taking drunks off the road isn't that big of a deal to you then?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Did once never again.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.