Home
Posted By: pahick High fructose corn syrup Part2 - 01/13/22
Posted awhile back about maybe going on TRT. Well, thats a go but.....had all labs done. Got a REAL f'in eye opener this week. Triglycerides. HDL came back at 39, not good. Total cholesterol right at 200, again, not good but I can get it down. LDL..."Triglyceride result indicated is too high for an accurate LDL cholesterol estimation." WTF!?!?! So I scroll to 2nd page of the file to see Triglycerides.... now get this, the range is 0-149 mg/dL......WAY fückin over!

So im goin through my head about everything I eat/drink...anything else that can cause it, and im back to the label on the green tea I drink daily that I posed about back in 2018, high fructose corn syrup. The only thing I eat/drink that im hooked on. Fückin green tea!

That explains the high SED rate(inflammation) results from labs last summer, and is the only thing I can come up with that would cause high triglycerides. I hate to even say how high they are. Get this....youll schit....Triglycerides - 1334!!! Fück me!!!
I’d ask for it to be run again.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Have labs schedule for later this week. But ill be honest, I cant see this being something that could be skewed. How could it?
Thats a heart attack waiting to happen .
You need to eliminate sugar now. Potatoes, flour, grain, sugar, corn syrup. You'll bring it back down.
You're also in line for diabetes depending on WHY the trigyclerides are funky. Also explains the inflammation and etc.
Hell mine were like 500 and I had untreated diabetes and didn't know it.
Brew your own tea. Use Danny’s NY State maple syrup or raw cane sugar for sweetener.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Thats a heart attack waiting to happen .

Ya no schit! Thats why im posting. People need to understand that schit in our food is killing us.
No. Use stevia because you have a serious metabolic issue and stay away from sugar until you find out what it is. Including all syrups and sugars and flour and vegetable oils. Meat and vegetables only for a while.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Did you get it straightened out?

The only thing I know to do is cut this GD tea out pronto and maybe hop on Keto. But I dont even know how the hell Keto works. Gonna be a bitch I know that. Gotta cut the tea and carbs ASAP!
Wow!
Glad you caught it and pulling for you.

Corn syrup is one of the triggers for my gout. Eliminating it has helped a lot.
Don't start with keto yet. Swinging from one extreme to the other is a bad idea.

Just cut out sugar and flour. Give yourself a week or two of no cereal/bread/sugar/sodas/pizza/fast food.

Go for a walk for a half hour.

Drink lots of water and flush your system.
You have been slamming your pancreas every time you eat or drink that stuff. Over and over and over. And it basically is wearing it out.

Give it a rest and see if you don't feel much better.
It will also help with joint pain and headaches and sleep
What was your A1C ?
Don't start with keto yet. Swinging from one extreme to the other is a bad idea.

Just cut out sugar and flour. Give yourself a week or two of no cereal/bread/sugar/sodas/pizza/fast food.

I dont drink water, but thats changing now! Walkiing, I work out 5 days/wk. 2 of those days cardio. Im just eating schit! Thats the problem. Eat a lot of meat but rarely veggies. Mainly just red peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Originally Posted by pahick

Have labs schedule for later this week. But ill be honest, I cant see this being something that could be skewed. How could it?

Not saying that’s the reason, but seems like step 1 to me.

And cut carbs/starches meanwhile. Good luck.
His or mine? I think mine was like 9.5

Good point though...pahick...what did it say?

He might be ok there due to the workouts...

I dont drink water, but thats changing now! Walkiing, I work out 5 days/wk. 2 of those days cardio. Im just eating schit! Thats the problem. Eat a lot of meat but rarely veggies. Mainly just red peppers, onions and mushrooms.

That's pretty much what I do. But the exception is, nothing but water or tea or coffee with stevia or possibly Splenda. Anything is better than sugar.

You got away with a very bad situation because of the cardio workouts. Without those saving your ass I suspect it would have been a very bad scenario.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
What was your A1C ?

Never tested it. But Glucose always comes back either low(I was diagnosed hypoglycemia back in 90-91) or in range. This test showed Glucose at 73, range 65-99 mg/dL.
Since being treated with insulin, my triglycerides are now well within normal ranges. And the meat and veggies fixes the cholesterol.

I once went on an eggs and meat and salad routine for a few months and my doc did not believe me. He said the cholesterol and trigyclerides and etc looked excellent and asked me what I did. I told him how much meat and bacon and eggs and cheese I was eating.

He shook his head and said he did not like what I was proving to him lol

Simple. Natural oils and fats are great for you.
Since being treated with insulin, my triglycerides are now well within normal ranges. And the meat and veggies fixes the cholesterol.

I once went on an eggs and meat and salad routine for a few months and my doc did not believe me. He said the cholesterol and trigyclerides and etc looked excellent and asked me what I did. I told him how much meat and bacon and eggs and cheese I was eating.

Glad you got it fixed. Hope I fare as well. Just cutting this f'in tea and hfcs should be a big help, but I gotta figure out how to get my diet right. Though I eat a lot of the right stuff, there might be something else im missing. This is worrying!

The only thing I know to do is cut this GD tea out pronto and maybe hop on Keto. But I dont even know how the hell Keto works. Gonna be a bitch I know that. Gotta cut the tea and carbs ASAP!

Look for an MD named Ken Berry on youtube. The man is the guru of keto, and pulls no punches where the AMA and the FDA are concerned.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Look for an MD named Ken Berry on youtube. The man is the guru of keto, and pulls no punches where the AMA and the FDA are concerned.

Was watching one of his earlier. Thanks!

It's a hard thing to quit. Sugar is high, so it makes you feel hungry and thirsty. So you drink more sugary tea. Blood sugar goes higher. Makes you thirsty again. Big cycle.

Your body is trying to wash the sugar out thru your bladder. That's why your joints hurt and your eyes are dry. It's sucking all your moisture out to dilute the sugar.
Watch "fat head" on netflix
Im not sure if a statin would help that much, even so I really dont wanna go the drug route. Called me dad earlier cause he lowered his cholesterol with red yeast rice, niacin and fish oil. His is perfect now. Went and bought those items this afternoon. Know it wont help the triglycerides, but will help the other markers.
No way does someone your age ever need a statin. You need to fix what is possibly a temporary problem first
It's a hard thing to quit. Sugar is high, so it makes you feel hungry and thirsty. So you drink more sugary tea. Blood sugar goes higher. Makes you thirsty again. Big cycle.

Your body is trying to wash the sugar out thru your bladder. That's why your joints hurt and your eyes are dry. It's sucking all your moisture out to dilute the sugar.

Its addicting I know that. I drink a gallon of this tea/day. I always have it with me at work. The ONLY time I drink water is in my after workout drink.
Holy schit man!
No way does someone your age ever need a statin. You need to fix what is possibly a temporary problem first

May be right, but at 51 im gonna try the red yeast rice/niacin/fish oil even if for a bit to get things in order.
That's a lot.
Red yeast rice... check the glycemic index on that stuff first.

And learn what the index is. It will help a lot
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That's a lot.

Youre tellin me! I know guys who drink a schit ton of soda. And here I thought I was drinking healthier than them. HA! Im a fuggin idiot! Im not a freak who checks all the labels, but guess who's gonna be a freak now!
Carbs, starch, syrups, potatoes, fructose, sucrose, etc are all = sugar to your body.
That's a lot.

Youre tellin me! I know guys who drink a schit ton of soda. And here I thought I was drinking healthier than them. HA! Im a fuggin idiot! Im not a freak who checks all the labels, but guess who's gonna be a freak now!

Used know a guy who drank a 12 pack of coke a day.
You will be amazed how good you feel after a two week no sugar no flour diet. It will feel like the flu for a few days as you detox. Hang in there.

Its addicting I know that. I drink a gallon of this tea/day. I always have it with me at work. The ONLY time I drink water is in my after workout drink.

Holy fook, a gallon a day! You might consider switching to chewing khat.
Red yeast rice... check the glycemic index on that stuff first.

And learn what the index is. It will help a lot

Ill look then. Havent heard anything bad, only good about ryr
Originally Posted by kingston

Holy fook, a gallon a day! You might consider switching to chewing khat.

I dont even know wtf that is lol
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-khat-22092

Ill pass....

Common Side Effects
Since it is only a mild stimulant, people sometimes mistakenly believe that khat does not have any serious side effects. But though khat is a relatively low-risk drug, it's associated with an increased risk for a variety of medical complications, including:7

Blurred vision
Constipation
Dental disease
Dizziness
Headaches
Hemorrhoids
Impotence
Weight loss
Are we talking Green Tea brewed from leaves or the Lipton crap you buy in a store?
My triglycerides are normally too high to get an LDL reading. I had to give up sweets and sodie pop. If I don't get my numbers in line by Feb 4 I've got to go on expensive drugs. And I'm already on enough drugs for my heart

Keto messed up my stomach and bowel movements pretty bad. I gave up on that route
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Are we talking Green Tea brewed from leaves or the Lipton crap you buy in a store?

https://www.turkeyhill.com/drinks/iced-tea/green-tea

2 for $5 and I usually get 4 gal every couple days

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lol omg that's basically an IV of sugar
Originally Posted by moosemike
My triglycerides are normally too high to get an LDL reading. I had to give up sweets and sodie pop. If I don't get my numbers in line by Feb 4 I've got to go on expensive drugs. And I'm already on enough drugs for my heart

Dude get on it and fix it pronto. Hey this schit aint nothin to play with, im worried....enough that im changing schit NOW! It can be reverse in some people. I just hope im one. You too.
Im not sure if a statin would help that much, even so I really dont wanna go the drug route. Called me dad earlier cause he lowered his cholesterol with red yeast rice, niacin and fish oil. His is perfect now. Went and bought those items this afternoon. Know it wont help the triglycerides, but will help the other markers.

The Dr. has me on fish oil pills for my triglycerides. They brought me down out of the danger zone. Buy I'm still too high
That's a lot.

Used know a guy who drank a 12 pack of coke a day.

You should have seen my doctors face when he figured out that I drank between a half a case to a case of sodas a day, ate one meal a day and the next 12 hours I lived on Rice Krispy Treats grin

I ended up going to the kool aid packs in bottled water and went to the 5 to 1 deal on the carbs. If it has 5 carbs, it needs to have at least 1 fiber.
Give up the sweetened drinks, tighten up your overall diet, and try intermittent fasting.
This is what I posted in '18...

Will it/wont it kill you? I read a lot about how bad it is for you. Also read its no different than cane sugar. Whats your take?

Now, not sure my maths right here, so ill try. This the high fructose corn syrup consumption from ONE source in my "diet" laugh

Turkey Hill Iced Green Tea
12 oz drink
total sugar 23g( probably mix of hfcs and cane sugar, but im assuming 100% hfcs)

Ave gallon/day.

23g/12oz=1.92g/oz
1.92gx128oz(gal)= 245.76g/gal
245.76g= .54lbs/gal
.54lbsx365days/yr=197lbs

197lbs high fructose corn syrup consumed per year from just one source. Again, this is most likely a mix of hfcs and cane sugar, from just one source that I consume. Kinda eye opening! Not sure how I still only weight 162lbs and not a fat phug, but pretty sure it aint good for my health issues!

I dont weight 162 anymore. 189 more muscular, but apparently NOT healthy!!!

You aint schittin!!
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Give up the sweetened drinks, tighten up your overall diet, and try intermittent fasting.

Will do! Thanks.

Dude get on it and fix it pronto. Hey this schit aint nothin to play with, im worried....enough that im changing schit NOW! It can be reverse in some people. I just hope im one. You too.

Yeah I hope we both get it under control. My Doc told me I'm right there knocking on the Diabetes door. Anyway I'm on week two without sugar

Yeah I hope we both get it under control. My Doc told me I'm right there knocking on the Diabetes door. Anyway I'm on week two without sugar

Good luck!! Its gonna be hell!
It ain't fun that's for sure!
Im gonna start watchin a few of this dudes videos. He seems to be a Keto king of sorts. Not sure ill understand wtf hes sayin, seems gets technical.

You aint schittin!!

Quit that stuff, drink some water, and eat some broccoli and you will probably come around.

You aint schittin!!

Quit that stuff, drink some water, and eat some broccoli and you will probably come around.

Thanks, I will. Just from reading im starting to understand how I got hooked on this schit. And to be honest I dont know if it is whats causing it, but it sure as hell seems like it from reading about hfcs. Seems a lot of people go through this.....yet you dont hear schit about it unless it happens to you.
My brother worked for Cargill, they pay big money to ?, so the general public thinks it's perfectly fine to guzzle it down.

They have standing decades long contracts with all the big ''can of syrup'' companies, pepsi/coke/etc./etc..

I drink this crazy stuff called water, 1-2 cups of coffee and sometimes red wine.

Once you get used to not consuming sweets and salty stuff, you'll get to where you don't like it. Creatures of habit, I guess.
Ok, I got a dumb ass question....before the labs I had to fast 12 hrs. I did, BUT.....I knew id be starving til I got the labs done. The last food I ate was a bucket of KFC. I know I know, not good at all, but I had to get protein and fats in me cause if I go that long without eating I start getting huge cravings.

Could that have fücked up the triglyceride test????
Yes
The best triglyceride test I've ever gotten was when I fasted the entire day before. So I'm sure you're chicken bucket had some effect but I know not how much
Ok, I got a dumb ass question....before the labs I had to fast 12 hrs. I did, BUT.....I knew id be starving til I got the labs done. The last food I ate was a bucket of KFC. I know I know, not good at all, but I had to get protein and fats in me cause if I go that long without eating I start getting huge cravings.

Lol you get huge cravings because you trained your system to need sugar regularly. Hopefully you can reverse it

Lol you get huge cravings because you trained your system to need sugar regularly. Hopefully you can reverse it

I hope too, I gotta stop reading for tonight, but I hit up so many articles and basically every one stated how addictive hfcs(any sugar) can be. Try to take my tea! Ill take half a point and run to the store for another gallon lol. Not anymore tho!
Sugar is one of the biggest killers. It doesn't get credit though. Cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes get the credit
Hang in there - you got this!!
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Hang in there - you got this!!

Thanks!
Take this lightly.

I'm not sure if you are trolling.

KFC and gallons of sweet tea and you wonder why your labs are a disaster? Please get some help.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Take this lightly.

I'm not sure if you are trolling.

KFC and gallons of sweet tea and you wonder why your labs are a disaster? Please get some help.

Definitely not trolling. Its not sweet tea, GREEN tea, but ya....junk! The KFC....thats a one off. Like I said, I knew I couldnt go on a 12 hr fast without having huge cravings. Even though its junk also, I knew a bucket of KFC would stop any cravings, at least for 12 hrs. And it worked. Now whether it skewed the triglycerides I dont know......I dont think it can in 12 hrs but maybe hell I dont know.

Ya, that's not Greet Tea
I read labels of anything I eat. HFCS is a non-starter at our house. We make most of our own BBQ sauces, salad dressings, etc. Almost everything we eat is made from scratch at home. The boys (19 and 20) are, by some miracle, fitness nuts. They drink nothing but water or milk. I can’t remember ever having seen either of them drinking soda pop, even when they were young kids.

Ya, that's not Greet Tea

Its liquid sugar. And its killin me.
Originally Posted by cra1948
I read labels of anything I eat. HFCS is a non-starter at our house. We make most of our own BBQ sauces, salad dressings, etc. Almost everything we eat is made from scratch at home. The boys (19 and 20) are, by some miracle, fitness nuts. They drink nothing but water or milk. I can’t remember ever having seen either of them drinking soda pop, even when they were young kids.

Wow, that's very unlike most young folks.
Good for them..
Originally Posted by cra1948

God bless em, and your family. Its rare to be a healthy eater. You know how many co-workers walk in in the morning with a Mt Dew, Monster, or Red bulls?? Its crazy. And I bet none of em have a clue what its doin to em.
i have regularly had triglycerides above 400 since my early 20’s…. even being in great shape it runs in my family. They had me on Fenofibrate for years…. as i got older (40’s) i became less active, gained weight, developed diabetes…… and the grand finale…. an extreme case of pancreatitis that almost killed me. When i went into the ER, my triglycerides were over 5000…. that isn’t a misprint… 5000. Was off work over a year, spent weeks in the hospital, ended up getting half of my pancreas removed, spent months getting fed through an IV and all because of high triglycerides….. get on top of it NOW.
Originally Posted by hardway
i have regularly had triglycerides above 400 since my early 20’s…. even being in great shape it runs in my family. They had me on Fenofibrate for years…. as i got older (40’s) i became less active, gained weight, developed diabetes…… and the grand finale…. an extreme case of pancreatitis that almost killed me. When i went into the ER, my triglycerides were over 5000…. that isn’t a misprint… 5000. Was off work over a year, spent weeks in the hospital, ended up getting half of my pancreas removed, spent months getting fed through an IV and all because of high triglycerides….. get on top of it NOW.

Dear Lord! God bless ya, sure hope youre doin well. And yes I will, gonna be hard but I have no options. Lifes too short now as it is.
Dr Ken Berrys wife... whistle whistle

The high fruit corn syrup was just a cheaper replacement for real sugar.

It stays in the body and does some weird things to the functions.

Just one of many things that were made to be cheaper to get rid of natural stuff.
You will be amazed how good you feel after a two week no sugar no flour diet. It will feel like the flu for a few days as you detox. Hang in there.

Do this and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Getting off the sugar is tough but it is the root of all evil in the modern diet.
Originally Posted by jdunham

Do this and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Getting off the sugar is tough but it is the root of all evil in the modern diet.

Hope y'all are right. Im sure you are. Gonna be tough. Totally rearrange my diet. Meats will stay, but to try to figure what to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus snacks. Tough. But ill get there, hopefully.
https://www.primalblueprint.com/products/the-new-primal-blueprint

I ready this book 4 years ago and changed my diet and it changed my life. It basically mirrors the advice you have been given here. He does a decent job explaining how you should be eating and why.
Sugar is one of the biggest killers. It doesn't get credit though. Cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes get the credit

Sugar should be listed as a drug ! Kills more People than probably everything combined.
https://www.primalblueprint.com/products/the-new-primal-blueprint

I ready this book 4 years ago and changed my diet and it changed my life. It basically mirrors the advice you have been given here. He does a decent job explaining how you should be eating and why.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Sugar should be listed as a drug ! Kills more People than probably everything combined.

Definitely!

But, but…..it’s got ginseng!!
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The high fruit corn syrup was just a cheaper replacement for real sugar.

It stays in the body and does some weird things to the functions.

Just one of many things that were made to be cheaper to get rid of natural stuff.

And, IIRC, the HFCS is not counted in the sugar assay of the drink. It’s a way to make it appear to have less sugar poison.

Hope y'all are right. Im sure you are. Gonna be tough. Totally rearrange my diet. Meats will stay, but to try to figure what to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus snacks. Tough. But ill get there, hopefully.

I think breakfast is the easiest. I like to fry up a pan full of bacon, then fry up 2-3 eggs in the leftover bacon fat, then throw in a bunch of chopped brussel sprouts or asparagus once the eggs are done. I use the more expensive bacon without the nitrates/preservatives especially since I use the grease to cook with instead of vegetable oils.

Sugar and carbs really are the culprit. My Tryglycerides were really high and my good to bad cholesterol way out of ratio until I finally got carbs under control.
Were you fasting for at least 8 hours before your labs were drawn?

I had a friend call me once panicking because his triglycerides were super high. Turns out he stopped and ate at McDonald's on his way to having labs drawn.

Bb
Posted awhile back about maybe going on TRT. Well, thats a go but.....had all labs done. Got a REAL f'in eye opener this week. Triglycerides. HDL came back at 39, not good. Total cholesterol right at 200, again, not good but I can get it down. LDL..."Triglyceride result indicated is too high for an accurate LDL cholesterol estimation." WTF!?!?! So I scroll to 2nd page of the file to see Triglycerides.... now get this, the range is 0-149 mg/dL......WAY fückin over!

So im goin through my head about everything I eat/drink...anything else that can cause it, and im back to the label on the green tea I drink daily that I posed about back in 2018, high fructose corn syrup. The only thing I eat/drink that im hooked on. Fückin green tea!

That explains the high SED rate(inflammation) results from labs last summer, and is the only thing I can come up with that would cause high triglycerides. I hate to even say how high they are. Get this....youll schit....Triglycerides - 1334!!! Fück me!!!

Well it aint the Green Tea fuggin with your sugar.make your own damn Green tea put in a small amount of raw honey.You want your trilycerides to go down take cinnamon pills.
I am breathing into an acetone breath monitor several times per day.

I am eating 100% chocolate without sugar.

I hike the hilly trails for an hour every day.

biosense-breath-ketone-monitoring-system
Posted By: K22 Re: High fructose corn syrup Part2 - 01/13/22
Didn't read thru all the posts so this may have already been asked. Are you consuming Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)? It's a food additive and will put your sugar over the top.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Were you fasting for at least 8 hours before your labs were drawn?

I had a friend call me once panicking because his triglycerides were super high. Turns out he stopped and ate at McDonald's on his way to having labs drawn.

Bb

Originally Posted by K22
Didn't read thru all the posts so this may have already been asked. Are you consuming Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)? It's a food additive and will put your sugar over the top.

No MSG, that is something I avoid due to docs request when I first got diagnosed with thyroid disease.
Don't think I would stay on Keto, but it might be a good idea to start off with it. Then ease into a Paleo diet, which IMHO is the place you want to be going forward.

Sweetened tea has more sugar than soda. Just drink water and nothing else. Animal fats, fruit oils (avocado, olive oil), protein and vegetables. It will AMAZE you the difference it makes. If you add in exercise it will be even better. Then get off of the meds.

I wish you luck, sugar is a highly addictive POS!
My whole life turned around when I went low carb.
I was an overweight, unhealthy mess about 6 years ago.
I dropped 60 lbs in less than 6 months and my numbers turned around in a shockingly good way.
My blood sugar was ridiculous with an A1c over 8, it has remained steady at 5.5 for years now...doctor was stunned.
It's not easy.
Everyone around me eats the same carbohydrate loaded food that all Americans eat...bread, potatoes, pasta, fruit, fruit juice, sugary drinks, chips, desserts etc...
It is hard to fight those cravings... but to feel and look as good as I do is well worth the sacrifice.
Every part of my life is better because of what I choose to eat or not eat.
I recommend it to EVERYONE.
You still on the cigarettes?

Bottled Green Tea is essentially sugar water...Boil your next hit in a cup.

And you ate the whole bucket of KFC fried chicken and wonder why?

But, but…..it’s got ginseng!!

A gallon is 1000 calories: so every couple days you consume 4000 wasted calories of sugar. You best up the cardio....
On 1800 calories per day, you consume approximately 2.5 days of sugar, every couple days....in addition to your other foods. You are the problem, not the high fructose corn sugar...

And the construction guys love the stuff....some of them their teeth not so much..

Sugar (and that includes simple carbohydrates) is the Devil and pretty much responsible for everything that goes wrong health wise.

Everyone over 25 should be eating a low glycemic diet - there are a million ways to accomplish it without starving. After about two weeks, you will no longer have an appetite for sugar and simple carbs.

Your body will thank you.

Glad you got it fixed. Hope I fare as well. Just cutting this f'in tea and hfcs should be a big help, but I gotta figure out how to get my diet right. Though I eat a lot of the right stuff, there might be something else im missing. This is worrying!

Follow a diet program or even just track everything you eat. Literally, everything. It's pretty eye opening. You may be surprised when you find what you though was good for you is, but in much less portions than you were eating it in.
Cut carbs. Lower sugar intake across the board. Count calories.
EAT DINNER BEFORE 1800hrs.
Always a jug in our fridge !

Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Always a jug in our fridge !

Cut that schit out now! At the very least go to their blue top "diet" ice tea. Probably not much better but no high fructose corn syrup...

Can you guys not just drink tea with some lemon in it?

No sugar, no artificial flavorings?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Can you guys not just drink tea with some lemon in it?

No sugar, no artificial flavorings?

I hate lemon. I hear its good for you to drink lemon water as soon as you wake up. But I cant stand it. Ill be drinking more water(actually am today) and figuring to brew enough regular black tea soon. Just called my family doc. Have an appointment tomorrow. I want him to go over my labs from the other clinic, make sure the results arent skewed, look at my diet and rerun the same labs the other clinic did. Either way, whatever the labs show, I have to change. Now.
Relax. If you begin a solid cleanse, drink lots of water, cut carbs and sugar you WILL see results fast.
Trust me.
It will suck at first. You will have major cravings.
But roll with it! You will see results!
I have found that the black tea that I brew and drink at home has no sugar in it.

Seems that you can indeed drink it that way.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Sugar (and that includes simple carbohydrates) is the Devil and pretty much responsible for everything that goes wrong health wise.

Everyone over 25 should be eating a low glycemic diet - there are a million ways to accomplish it without starving. After about two weeks, you will no longer have an appetite for sugar and simple carbs.

Your body will thank you.

I am a believer in the insulin hypothesis, consistent with your statement.

The low fat vegetarians are fighting back with studies that start with healthy people, cut out the sugar and prepared foods..... they are hard to beat short term.

But once you have old sick people, the vegies are easy to beat.
While you can get all the amino acids/proteins needed from a plant based diet, it isn't much fun and I hate many of the plants one must consume to achieve a healthy protein balance. It's sooooo much easier to eat turkey/fish/chicken for lunch and dinner and eggs in the morning.

The other thing I am a believer in is Avocado oil, nut oils, and olive oils - they lower the glycemic response to carbohydrates.

I have been able to cut almost 95% of sugar from my diet and my carbs largely come from various forms of alcohol. Some things I simply will not give up no matter how bad my health. I will die with a Scotch in my hand and they will have to pry my cold, dead fingers away from the tumbler - I pray that it is empty.
While you can get all the amino acids/proteins needed from a plant based diet, it isn't much fun and I hate many of the plants one must consume to achieve a healthy protein balance. It's sooooo much easier to eat turkey/fish/chicken for lunch and dinner and eggs in the morning.

The other thing I am a believer in is Avocado oil, nut oils, and olive oils - they lower the glycemic response to carbohydrates.

I have been able to cut almost 95% of sugar from my diet and my carbs largely come from various forms of alcohol. Some things I simply will not give up no matter how bad my health. I will die with a Scotch in my hand and they will have to pry my cold, dead fingers away from the tumbler - I pray that it is empty.

Hard liquor has zero carbs.
It's the sugary mixers.
Research is showing a link between hfcs and triglycerides.

Just 1 article.
https://www.realnatural.org/high-fructose-corn-syrup-raises-triglycerides/?amp
Originally Posted by Salmonella

It's the sugary mixers.

While not a carb alcohol influences carb use significantly. Also, being a three carbon compound it cannot be converted to fat... it does get burned first and slows burning of other energy sources (sugars).
Posted By: DBT Re: High fructose corn syrup Part2 - 01/14/22
Zero carbs, but hard on the liver.
FWIW, I started a more or less Keto diet a month ago: no sugar, no bread, no rice, no taters (except a few in a pot of veggie soup), no pasta…. you get the picture. Not really counting, but most days I’m sure I’m under 20 grams. Meat, butter, cheese, raw veggies, eggs, avacado, a little milk, plain yogurt are mainly what I eat. Drink a little red wine and dark rum over ice with lemon and sometimes unsweetened tea. Down 16lbs so far. Not hungry, don’t crave sugar or other sweets. Feel much better overall. Long way to go, but results like this make it easy to stay with it.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
FWIW, I started a more or less Keto diet a month ago: no sugar, no bread, no rice, no taters (except a few in a pot of veggie soup), no pasta…. you get the picture. Not really counting, but most days I’m sure I’m under 20 grams. Meat, butter, cheese, raw veggies, eggs, avacado, a little milk, plain yogurt are mainly what I eat. Drink a little red wine and dark rum over ice with lemon and sometimes unsweetened tea. Down 16lbs so far. Not hungry, don’t crave sugar or other sweets. Feel much better overall. Long way to go, but results like this make it easy to stay with it.

Congrats!
"Americans should limit their intake of sugary beverages. AHA recommends consuming no more than
36 ounces of sugar-sweetened beverages per week, based on a 2000 calorie per day diet."

36 oz per week? Im taking in minimum 896 oz/wk!
I avoid food avoidance. One can be and stay very healthy without totally eliminating any one food source, moderation is key. Lead an active life style and all is good.
I have worked my way to 100%

[Linked Image from ghirardelli.com]

A friend of mine spit 90% on the floor..............the wimp.
Thought id update.... TEST RESULTS SKEWED!! YESS!!!!!

Just got my results from this morning. My Triglycerides were 1334 on the last test. I must have skewed the results by eating that chicken, or the lab fücked up OR cutting out the HFCS for 2 weeks lowered it. Im still not in great health, but at least I dont have Hypertriglyceridemia!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Cholesterol 216 MG/DL Desirable: <200 mg/dL Borderline: 201 - 239 mg/dL Elevated: >240 mg/dL

Triglycerides 232 MG/DL Standard Range 0 - 150 MG/DL

HDL Cholesterol 38 MG/DL Standard Range 23 - 92 MG/DL

LDL Cholesterol 132 MG/DL Standard Range 0 - 130 MG/DL

HELL YEAH!!!
Applause.
Another benefit of a low carb diet is purging candida. Candida feeds on gut sugar and can cause all kinds of havoc on the body. The die off is one of the biggest causes of detox symptoms when transitioning to a keto diet.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Applause.

Thank you thank you!
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Another benefit of a low carb diet is purging candida. Candida feeds on gut sugar and can cause all kinds of havoc on the body. The die off is one of the biggest causes of detox symptoms when transitioning to a keto diet.

From then til now I still have sugar cravings. Low energy too. Doc said I will for awhile.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

From then til now I still have sugar cravings. Low energy too. Doc said I will for awhile.

I've done a keto diet for 10 months before and had cravings until the end- carbs are like a drug in my body.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

It's the sugary mixers.

What do you think the liver does with the alcohol?
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Dr. Jason Fung is another one- he will get you off insulin and Metformin with healthy eating. He explains why the Food Pyramid is B.S. and Big Pharma's way of killing us all.
Thought id update.... TEST RESULTS SKEWED!! YESS!!!!!

Just got my results from this morning. My Triglycerides were 1334 on the last test. I must have skewed the results by eating that chicken, or the lab fücked up OR cutting out the HFCS for 2 weeks lowered it. Im still not in great health, but at least I dont have Hypertriglyceridemia!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Cholesterol 216 MG/DL Desirable: <200 mg/dL Borderline: 201 - 239 mg/dL Elevated: >240 mg/dL

Triglycerides 232 MG/DL Standard Range 0 - 150 MG/DL

HDL Cholesterol 38 MG/DL Standard Range 23 - 92 MG/DL

LDL Cholesterol 132 MG/DL Standard Range 0 - 130 MG/DL

HELL YEAH!!!

Congrats, wifey was a lab person. Said cutting the HFCS for two weeks could be the difference
You should try a handful of M&Ms with peanuts before a blood test.

They think you are a walking dead man.

I drink DR.Pepper made with real sugar and even eat real butter.

I eat chocolate and whatever else i feel like But i don't eat or drink all at once.

My problem is that i have not gained back some weight i lost over 3 years ago and most likly will die weighing 160 lbs.

When i got out of high school i weighed 175.

I had forgot what real butter tasted like till this happened.

And if you would eat a 1/4 cup of walnuts every day it will lower your LDL and the other bad crap in about 6 weeks and it is better for you than any statins they push on you.
© 24hourcampfire