J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Lol omg that's basically an IV of sugar

You aint schittin!!

Quit that stuff, drink some water, and eat some broccoli and you will probably come around.

I am MAGA.
GB1

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Lol omg that's basically an IV of sugar

You aint schittin!!

Quit that stuff, drink some water, and eat some broccoli and you will probably come around.

Thanks, I will. Just from reading im starting to understand how I got hooked on this schit. And to be honest I dont know if it is whats causing it, but it sure as hell seems like it from reading about hfcs. Seems a lot of people go through this.....yet you dont hear schit about it unless it happens to you.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My brother worked for Cargill, they pay big money to ?, so the general public thinks it's perfectly fine to guzzle it down.

They have standing decades long contracts with all the big ''can of syrup'' companies, pepsi/coke/etc./etc..

I drink this crazy stuff called water, 1-2 cups of coffee and sometimes red wine.

Once you get used to not consuming sweets and salty stuff, you'll get to where you don't like it. Creatures of habit, I guess.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok, I got a dumb ass question....before the labs I had to fast 12 hrs. I did, BUT.....I knew id be starving til I got the labs done. The last food I ate was a bucket of KFC. I know I know, not good at all, but I had to get protein and fats in me cause if I go that long without eating I start getting huge cravings.

Could that have fücked up the triglyceride test????

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The best triglyceride test I've ever gotten was when I fasted the entire day before. So I'm sure you're chicken bucket had some effect but I know not how much

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ok, I got a dumb ass question....before the labs I had to fast 12 hrs. I did, BUT.....I knew id be starving til I got the labs done. The last food I ate was a bucket of KFC. I know I know, not good at all, but I had to get protein and fats in me cause if I go that long without eating I start getting huge cravings.

Lol you get huge cravings because you trained your system to need sugar regularly. Hopefully you can reverse it

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Lol you get huge cravings because you trained your system to need sugar regularly. Hopefully you can reverse it

I hope too, I gotta stop reading for tonight, but I hit up so many articles and basically every one stated how addictive hfcs(any sugar) can be. Try to take my tea! Ill take half a point and run to the store for another gallon lol. Not anymore tho!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sugar is one of the biggest killers. It doesn't get credit though. Cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes get the credit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hang in there - you got this!!

IC B3

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Hang in there - you got this!!

Thanks!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Take this lightly.

I'm not sure if you are trolling.

KFC and gallons of sweet tea and you wonder why your labs are a disaster? Please get some help.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Take this lightly.

I'm not sure if you are trolling.

KFC and gallons of sweet tea and you wonder why your labs are a disaster? Please get some help.

Definitely not trolling. Its not sweet tea, GREEN tea, but ya....junk! The KFC....thats a one off. Like I said, I knew I couldnt go on a 12 hr fast without having huge cravings. Even though its junk also, I knew a bucket of KFC would stop any cravings, at least for 12 hrs. And it worked. Now whether it skewed the triglycerides I dont know......I dont think it can in 12 hrs but maybe hell I dont know.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Are we talking Green Tea brewed from leaves or the Lipton crap you buy in a store?

https://www.turkeyhill.com/drinks/iced-tea/green-tea

2 for $5 and I usually get 4 gal every couple days

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ya, that's not Greet Tea

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I read labels of anything I eat. HFCS is a non-starter at our house. We make most of our own BBQ sauces, salad dressings, etc. Almost everything we eat is made from scratch at home. The boys (19 and 20) are, by some miracle, fitness nuts. They drink nothing but water or milk. I can’t remember ever having seen either of them drinking soda pop, even when they were young kids.

Mathew 22: 37-39

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 78CJ

Ya, that's not Greet Tea

Its liquid sugar. And its killin me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cra1948
I read labels of anything I eat. HFCS is a non-starter at our house. We make most of our own BBQ sauces, salad dressings, etc. Almost everything we eat is made from scratch at home. The boys (19 and 20) are, by some miracle, fitness nuts. They drink nothing but water or milk. I can’t remember ever having seen either of them drinking soda pop, even when they were young kids.

Wow, that's very unlike most young folks.
Good for them..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948

God bless em, and your family. Its rare to be a healthy eater. You know how many co-workers walk in in the morning with a Mt Dew, Monster, or Red bulls?? Its crazy. And I bet none of em have a clue what its doin to em.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i have regularly had triglycerides above 400 since my early 20’s…. even being in great shape it runs in my family. They had me on Fenofibrate for years…. as i got older (40’s) i became less active, gained weight, developed diabetes…… and the grand finale…. an extreme case of pancreatitis that almost killed me. When i went into the ER, my triglycerides were over 5000…. that isn’t a misprint… 5000. Was off work over a year, spent weeks in the hospital, ended up getting half of my pancreas removed, spent months getting fed through an IV and all because of high triglycerides….. get on top of it NOW.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hardway
i have regularly had triglycerides above 400 since my early 20’s…. even being in great shape it runs in my family. They had me on Fenofibrate for years…. as i got older (40’s) i became less active, gained weight, developed diabetes…… and the grand finale…. an extreme case of pancreatitis that almost killed me. When i went into the ER, my triglycerides were over 5000…. that isn’t a misprint… 5000. Was off work over a year, spent weeks in the hospital, ended up getting half of my pancreas removed, spent months getting fed through an IV and all because of high triglycerides….. get on top of it NOW.

Dear Lord! God bless ya, sure hope youre doin well. And yes I will, gonna be hard but I have no options. Lifes too short now as it is.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,792
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.