Home
Posted By: Daveinjax Police - 02/20/22
If you ever had any doubts about what police will do when ordered to attack the innocent and righteous and trample your constitutional rights Ottawa is your answer. They’re all bad apples. Paycheck and pension is the only thing that matters. If you check out the hacked Twitter page of the cops they’re not just following orders they’re gleeful in their abuse of the protesters.
Posted By: jstert Re: Police - 02/20/22
i came up with the 80/20 rule years ago. 20% of any given profession are great folks, 80% aren’t. the 80% aren’t necessarily evil, but simply folks i would pass over for a host of reasons.

police have a special responsibility. we invest in them the power of life and death. they in turn must never forget their duty to the laws of god as well as man. police need to remember that “following orders” is no excuse for bad behavior. if cops are concealing their names and badge numbers they must realize their wayward path and will account for it.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Police - 02/20/22
You have to admit that riding a Clydesdale through a crowd of people would be as fun as throwing a rock through a church window.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by HitnRun
You have to admit that riding a Clydesdale through a crowd of people would be as fun as throwing a rock through a church window.

Don't know how to take this.

It would be abhorrent for some.

Others would take glee.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Police - 02/20/22
as I keep saying, were it not for the police ,politicians would just be idiots with bad ideas. No dictatorship or totalitarian system in history ever had the slightest problem with finding the folks to do it's dirty work. With cops, it's job, pension and security first and foremost.
Posted By: Teal Re: Police - 02/20/22
Keep putting those Gasden flag stickers next to your thin blue line flag stickers on your trucks...
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Police - 02/20/22
A person can be pro-liberty and pro police.

Now a Gadsden or a Molon Labe sticker or shirt in someone who got jabbed, that is hilarious
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Police - 02/20/22
Tried to get a job as a Floriduh copper after returning from Nam. They said I wasn’t qualified. Scratched my noggin for a short spell and moved on.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If you ever had any doubts about what police will do when ordered to attack the innocent and righteous and trample your constitutional rights Ottawa is your answer. They’re all bad apples. Paycheck and pension is the only thing that matters. If you check out the hacked Twitter page of the cops they’re not just following orders they’re gleeful in their abuse of the protesters.

As you pointed out, Paychecks and Pensions matter, things the Truckers have given up in order to fight for FREEDOM, but they are not the only things that matter, Enjoyment and pleasure, the cops are Enjoying themselves beating up 80 year old men, running over old ladies in a chair with a horse, etc, then brag about it,. they are enjoying the fact that they can now use whatever force they wish with immunity.

Jack booted thug is appropriate.

Jack booted is a derogatory term used to describe an overly oppressive and authoritarian individual or group, often denotes violent tendencies. Thugs, thus described, are those in the service of an oppressive authoritarian, usually employing violence to achieve his/her/their master's goals.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Tried to get a job as a Floriduh copper after returning from Nam. They said I wasn’t qualified. Scratched my noggin for a short spell and moved on.

They didn't trust you. By that time, your analytical reasoning was too good at seeing who the real bad guys were.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Police - 02/20/22

The correlation is undeniable. I mean from a completely different country, but absolutely applicable

Oddly enough when blm was blocking hwy's in the states, the very tards that are bemoaning what happened in Canuck-land want U.S. Police to do worse.......I equate that to you retards not knowing what you want....or possibly "my side should be allowed to do what they want, beat down the other side though".

Grow up.

And no before the tards jump to conclusions I don't agree with what happened in Canada. Yes Trudeau is a commie, this is what commies do...

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

They didn't trust you. By that time, your analytical reasoning was too good at seeing who the real bad guys were.

My take as well.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

The correlation is undeniable. I mean from a completely different country, but absolutely applicable

Oddly enough when blm was blocking hwy's in the states, the very tards that are bemoaning what happened in Canuck-land want U.S. Police to do worse.......I equate that to you retards not knowing what you want....or possibly "my side should be allowed to do what they want, beat down the other side though".

Grow up.

And no before the tards jump to conclusions I don't agree with what happened in Canada. Yes Trudeau is a commie, this is what commies do...

simple and to the point......bob
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Police - 02/20/22
The movie “Judgement At Nuremberg” is a timely movie. The historical story strikes eerily similar to a lot of the human rights abuses and cancel culture stuff happening today. Trudeau’s and other Regimes seem to think what they are doing is “for the love of their country” but they need to think otherwise
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Police - 02/20/22

Grow up.

A peaceful protest is one thing, from what I saw there was very little peaceful protests concerning the blm.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Police - 02/20/22

also all protests should be treated the same......peaceful let them be....violence shut it down....bob
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Police - 02/20/22
If the JBT's would just stand down for a while and not focus on retaliating against the patriots, scum like BLM and the crooked politicians who manage that bunch would get to take a dirt nap. After a month or so of the Po-Leece refusing to protect the real criminals there would be a severe shortage of drug pushers, murderers, robbers, rapists and other parasites on society. There might even be a shortage of jackbooted thugs if their fellow officers got involved in the cleanup, a lot of them wearing scrambled eggs on their hats, and stars on their collars!
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by GAGoober
The movie “Judgement At Nuremberg” is a timely movie. The historical story strikes eerily similar to a lot of the human rights abuses happening today.

Atlas Shrugged, who's John Gault? Read the book, watch the movie or just wait and see it in real time.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Police - 02/20/22

Been saying this for years.
You can trust governments or be a student of history.

Not both.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Police - 02/20/22
Police are people too. Some good, some bad. A little authority goes a long way with some people. The problem we are encountering is with the people that give the orders not the people that carry them out so much. When you elect a jackass like Whitman or Newsome you must know you'd be better off just shooting yourself. You are going to suffer either way. Also quit convicting officers for being in the vicinity of a drug addict when he goes crazy and dies. We have policemen that are serving time that should have got a medal for their courage in the face of extreme danger.
Wake up and get rid of the people that are destroying our culture and our government from the top down. The problems will largely go away.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Grow up.

A peaceful protest is one thing, from what I saw there was very little peaceful protests concerning the blm.

I specifically stated "when blm was blocking hwys". Not breaking or burning buildings to the ground. I'm talking human chains across interstates. Nobody here supported that did they?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Police - 02/20/22
Stuff is not as it always appears... there are very often good guys in a treeline a few hundred yards away.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by BobMt

Grow up.

simple and to the point......bob

I don't read that f-tards post unless someone else spreads them like a sneeze of snot. To his point, Nashville coppers took BLM hot chocolate when they had I-40 shut down. They were not truckers fighting being made to take the jab, just anarchist, and yet the heat gave them succor not trouncing.
Posted By: 673 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Their are good Police Officers out there, a bunch of them just quit their jobs in Ottawa because they wouldn't bust up their brothers and sisters at the order of a tyrant. I think we all know why some of them had their name tags covered.
Posted By: ERK Re: Police - 02/20/22
What was the reason blm was blocking highways? Sure as hell wasn’t for freedom from a tyrannical government was it. The looting was going on at the same time but they like to have darkness for that. Nothing similar in the two events. Apples to oranges. Try another approach to justify the Canadian tragedy. EdK
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by ERK
What was the reason blm was blocking highways? Sure as hell wasn’t for freedom from a tyrannical government was it. The looting was going on at the same time but they like to have darkness for that. Nothing similar in the two events. Apples to oranges. Try another approach to justify the Canadian tragedy. EdK

Exactly.
Originally Posted by ERK

I didn't justify it. I already posted I don't agree with what happened (so keep dreaming).

You just made my point. Because YOU didn't agree with the reason blm supporters were blocking roadways, it wasn't acceptable, so send the storm troopers in to crack skulls. But the people in Ottawa are righteous because you agree with them, so it's all good, handle them with love and care (basically don't do anything).

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Masks work very well at concealing identities. Why do you suppose they've been pushing them on us the last two years? Antifa used them and now the strongarm of the gov can use them.

How nice for them.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Police - 02/20/22
The “good” cops in Ottawa quit their jobs weeks ago. The ones that remain are fuggin’ pond scum.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Police - 02/20/22
I get the feeling that Jackson Handjob would run over a little ol' lady to keep his paycheck coming.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
The “good” cops in Ottawa quit their jobs weeks ago. The ones that remain are fuggin’ pond scum.

Good cops would be arresting the bad or protecting the protesters. Not walking away.
Posted By: kingston Re: Police - 02/20/22
I wonder why the Daily Beast hasn't sought to authenticate claims made in the Ottawa Police tweet about a bicycle being thrown under a horse.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Good cops would be arresting the bad or protecting the protesters. Not walking away.

In a world that works the way it should, yes they would. But the “thin blue line” doesn’t allow it. They only protect each other, when it comes to their abuses of citizens. The only thing keeping us from these abuses here in America is the second amendment.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by ERK

I didn't justify it. I already posted I don't agree with what happened (so keep dreaming).

You just made my point. Because YOU didn't agree with the reason blm supporters were blocking roadways, it wasn't acceptable, so send the storm troopers in to crack skulls. But the people in Ottawa are righteous because you agree with them, so it's all good, handle them with love and care (basically don't do anything).

He just proved your point?
Damn you're stupid
Originally Posted by mirage243
I get the feeling that Jackson Handjob would run over a little ol' lady to keep his paycheck coming.

I see that reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I already said I don't condone or agree with what took place in Ottawa, an entirely different country.

I also don't agree with many things that occur in other countries (ie Australia, New Zealand, etc).

Stop virtue signaling

Grow up.

One of the stupidest things I've read in a while.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Police - 02/20/22
My only comment: "Prepare"....
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Grow up.

Being from Arkansas I'm impressed you can actually read to honest lol
Posted By: RL Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by ERK

I didn't read that you are justifying what happened in Canada anymore than justifying some of the police action regarding BLM. In my opinion, you are both right and wrong. Right in that most of us agree or disagree as it suits our own personal agendas - i.e. you only want a lawyer when standing before the judge. Hypocritical? Absolutely. Wrong in condemning those that are seeing a difference between the police actions of Canada and how they wish police would have handled the interstate blocking by BLM. Do you think that the truckers were protesting just to create chaos for chaos sake or was it for their freedom of choice (maybe that is clouded with Canadian law and rights, I frankly don't know). Morally, these truckers should have that right. But do you really believe that BLM was protesting for any other reason than to create chaos? Sure, you can argue they were standing for what they believe, but it is already been reasonably shown that many were paid or brought in for the specific purpose of protesting and causing chaos. Do you really think they were doing it for a moral reasons?

I get it, sometimes law enforcement is damned if you do or damned if you don't. I get pissed if I get stopped for speeding but get a kick out of seeing that SOB that just passed me pulled over on down the road... Again, just my opinion, but sometimes it seems you come off here as the cops don't do wrong and I don't think you really believe that. Yep, you guys have a difficult task at times, but that is life and you just have to deal with or find another line of work - I'm sure you have figured that out by now.

Posted By: Borchardt Re: Police - 02/20/22

Grow up.

Does anyone else remember the truckers in Canada burning and looting? I don't.
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Grow up.

Does anyone else remember the truckers in Canada burning and looting? I don't.

Did I say they did? Or did I compare blm BLOCKING HIGHWAYS, to the truckers BLOCKING THE ROAD.

If you don't understand that, you're either stupid or being purposefully obtuse.

One is ok because you agree, the other is bad because you disagree.

I am not vaccinated with the covtard shot, and never will be. I do not wear a mask. I do not agree with lock downs, or the complete over reach of power during the covid insanity. I don't agree with anything Trudeau says or does. I don't agree with how the trucker protest has been handled, at all.

Doesn't change the irony of a lot of stupid people here spew..
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by rainshot
Police are people too. Some good, some bad. A little authority goes a long way with some people. The problem we are encountering is with the people that give the orders not the people that carry them out so much. When you elect a jackass like Whitman or Newsome you must know you'd be better off just shooting yourself. You are going to suffer either way. Also quit convicting officers for being in the vicinity of a drug addict when he goes crazy and dies. We have policemen that are serving time that should have got a medal for their courage in the face of extreme danger.
Wake up and get rid of the people that are destroying our culture and our government from the top down. The problems will largely go away.

Yes, police officers follow orders. It's in their oath just like the military oath. We have to stop electing socialists and criminals to our legislative bodies, city councils and board of supervisors. There are hundreds of good and honest things police officers do for the citizens every day, but they follow orders just like any other para military organization run by a government.

I'll bet 90% of the officers who are or were taking down the protestors in Ottawa wanted to stay home that day. I'll bet they hated what had to be done. They did not cause the problem, people elected to represent "the masses" caused the problem. It was easily solvable, but Trudeau chose NOT to. Unfortunately, the police in Ottawa will forever be tainted with one or two days of crowd clearing and 1000's of good and honest deeds will be ignored or forgotten.

kwg
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Government never concedes and idea was bad, they usually double down rather than eat crow. Vaccines don't work as designed, promised, or reported on. One simple sentence and the truckers would all go home. Now the tin Gods show up to keep the lie alive.
I have been about the business or returning Tennessee to the intent of the Founders with respect to the Right to keep and bear arms for the last 25 years, so much so that it has nearly cost me my my job as the Establishment does not like opposition or the truth.

Last year the attempt to get another few yards down the field to the original "The Citizens of this State have a Right to keep and bear arms for the common defense." as penned in 1796 brought this statement from the Senate sponsor of the permitless carry bill, Bell is also the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary committee.

And statements by Rep. Todd about the same type issue.

The Associations, both of the Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police want you unarmed so that they can enforce the will of politicians who control their paycheck.
Originally Posted by kwg020

Yes, police officers follow orders. It's in their oath just like the military oath.
kwg
In the military we were to never obey an illegal order... Just sayin'....
The international association of chief's of police is a vile organization that is basically a leftwing political organization.
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yes, police officers follow orders. It's in their oath just like the military oath.
kwg

Yet we have been nation building for 20yrs when congress never voted to go to war.....
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Police - 02/20/22

Yes, police officers follow orders. It's in their oath just like the military oath. We have to stop electing socialists and criminals to our legislative bodies, city councils and board of supervisors. There are hundreds of good and honest things police officers do for the citizens every day, but they follow orders just like any other para military organization run by a government.

I'll bet 90% of the officers who are or were taking down the protestors in Ottawa wanted to stay home that day. I'll bet they hated what had to be done. They did not cause the problem, people elected to represent "the masses" caused the problem. It was easily solvable, but Trudeau chose NOT to. Unfortunately, the police in Ottawa will forever be tainted with one or two days of crowd clearing and 1000's of good and honest deeds will be ignored or forgotten.

kwg

You can make argument they were there to keep the peace, but there was a whole lot of action on their part that is indefensible.

kwg

From Patrick Henry:

Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope...
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, “Peace! Peace!”—but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Police - 02/20/22

kwg

How is your typical rookie patrolman or PFC equipped to determine which orders are illegal?

Do they get to decide for themselves?

Grow up.

Being from Arkansas I'm impressed you can actually read to honest lol

Keep it going, show you're stupidity, not that everyone hasn't already witnessed it.
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

Handjob refuses to internalize that they weren't just blocking the roads. That's how in his mind he justifies the non-response by cawps in the lefty cities.

They were looting, burning, murdering, and viciously attacking citizens and Federal officers. None of those suckass phags in uniform in the commie states and cities did anything about it. The only thing that stopped them was a young citizen with a gun in Kenosha. (Well done, Kyle).

Go justify your dental plan and pinchin somewhere else with the other brown shirts.
IN the middle 70's Iowa imposed some strict requirements for carrying a concealed firearm and in some counties you could not get a permit. The sheriff would not issue a permit. In the early 2000's Iowa changed those laws and pretty much anyone could carry concealed legally if you got the permit after doing some testing and shooting. The advantage of the permit was you could buy firearms without going through the background check when you filled out the 4473. You simply showed your permit. It also meant permit holders were screened for criminal violations and the training required the person to be at least semi proficient in the use of the firearm.

We now allow permit less concealed carry in Iowa. I admit it is a huge milestone in personal rights. But, now I have to go through a background check for every 4473. And, we no longer have trained citizens carrying firearms. I liked it when we required training and qualification before concealed carry in Iowa. I know that is contrary to personal rights under the 2nd Amendment, but it made me feel better about those who did carry because I knew they had been screened and trained.

By the way, we have always allowed open carry in Iowa. With the exception of bars, schools, motor vehicles and court houses, you could open carry in Iowa. Very few people did open carry because as we all know, there are some issues with open carry but it was allowed. Some of those rules about where you can carry concealed still apply. I happen to agree with those rules.

Flame on.

kwg

We now allow permit less concealed carry in Iowa. I admit it is a huge milestone in personal rights. But, now I have to go through a background check for every 4473.

They did away with the permit system when they allowed permitless carry? I bet they did not...
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

Handjob refuses to internalize that they weren't just blocking the roads. That's how in his mind he justifies the non-response by cawps in the lefty cities.

They were looting, burning, murdering, and viciously attacking citizens and Federal officers. None of those suckass phags in uniform in the commie states and cities did anything about it. The only thing that stopped them was a young citizen with a gun in Kenosha. (Well done, Kyle).

Go justify your dental plan and pinchin somewhere else with the other brown shirts.

The Right thinks the cops should remove antifa/blm from blocking highway/interstates.
He compares what anarchist were doing to what the truckers are doing and says it's the same thing. crazy
Originally Posted by smokepole

kwg

How is your typical rookie patrolman or PFC equipped to determine which orders are illegal?

Bingo !! We have a winner.
They obey the folks who have been elected by the majority of the people. Which is why honest elections with honest ballot counting is absolutely important. Those people who are elected must have the best interest of the majority at heart or you will get what is happening in Ottawa. Was Trudeau elected honestly and was the ballot count honest and true ??

I have my doubts.

kwg
Posted By: ERK Re: Police - 02/20/22
He’s a little slow. But everybody is entitled to their opinion. I never did see cops running blm out of any area. Even looting and burning didn’t result in that. Trump offered the liberal cities help but they refused. Billions in damages and some lives lost for no reason. Hell a 18 year old kid did more than the cops. Edk
For those who forget how this experiment in Liberty and Freedom began:

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say ‘what should be the reward of such sacrifices?’ Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams.

One of those who pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor in that animated contest.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Police - 02/20/22
Notice the cop here says he disagrees with what happens in other places. He's pretty damn quiet about what happens here. Which tells you he isn’t the guy who’s going to try arresting the giver of an illegal order. Maybe he would walk away and refuse to participate, but I doubt it.

We are in a war for humanity here, and all the folks who took an oath to defend liberty can do is go home and be quiet when tyranny growls at them. Fine. All us stupid rednecks that make the country go every day will fix it. And there best not be any bitching about how we do it from those who walked away from the fight and left it for us to do.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Notice the cop here says he disagrees with what happens in other places. He's pretty damn quiet about what happens here.

Wrong. Not surprising though, it's a common theme here...
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Police - 02/20/22
https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/an-open-letter-to-law-enforcement?utm_source=url

Already the power structure in Washington, D.C. is organizing to confront and defeat this challenge. COVID-19 provided the perfect pretext for an already out of control government to dramatically expand its reach and authority. The corporate oligarchy that increasingly runs our government has no intention of walking that back and allowing a return to true democratic rule.

Once again the troopers will be mobilized. Once again they will have a choice to make.

The foundation for the coming assault has already been laid. The Department of Homeland Security’s recent National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin makes crystal clear the basis on which action will be taken.

“The United States remains in a heightened threat environment fueled by several factors, including an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis-dis-and mal-information (MDM) introduced and/or amplified by foreign and domestic threat actors. These threat actors seek to exacerbate societal friction to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence.”

“Key factors contributing to the current heightened threat environment include:

The proliferation of false or misleading narratives, which sow discord or undermine public trust in U.S. government institutions:

For example, there is widespread online proliferation of false or misleading narratives regarding unsubstantiated widespread election fraud and COVID-19. Grievances associated with these themes inspired violent extremist attacks during 2021.”

Speaking to Yahoo News recently a DHS spokesman confirmed that the department was “tracking reports of a potential convoy.” The spokesperson added that the DHS was working with federal, state, and local partners to “continuously assess the threat environment and keep our communities safe.”

“We are tracking this like it’s a real threat because we think it has the potential to cause all kinds of problems, violent or otherwise,” another law enforcement official told Yahoo News. “We don’t want a lot of angry people storming D.C., we’ve seen that before. So for now, we monitor movements and see who these people are, if they pose a threat not just to D.C. but of course to anywhere else along the way.”

On February 23, 2022, a whole bunch of average Americans are going to start their truck engines and begin a cross-country drive to their nation’s capital. They will be motivated by the desire to regain control over a government that is supposed to answer to them and serve their interests. After two years of lies and coercion, these men and women will be speaking for us all.

“We have had enough. We want our country back.”

At some point in the days that follow the members of the self-appointed elite that thinks it runs this nation will issue “legal” orders, profess the existence of a threat to public safety, and direct state, local, and federal police officers to move in, begin breaking heads and disperse the “rabble.”

In Canada, the police are announcing they will “take back” Ottawa from the truckers there. In France, heads are already being broken. We are next.

Do they get to decide for themselves?[/b]

They obey the folks who have been elected by the majority of the people.

kwg

If I remember correctly, King George was the head of the legal government in the 1770's, that is why they called Washington and his "pitiful band" rebels.

Seems we have forgotten that we sit here relatively safe today as a result of violence they heaped on Great Brittan in contravention of the law. Would you rather they had not?
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

Local crap, every single instance of road blocking devolved into looting and burning? Nope. But it didn't stop couch riders like you demanding the "cawps" you hate to crack skullz. But you biatch like an old woman when they go beat folks up.

You are retarded
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

Local crap, every single instance of road blocking devolved into looting and burning? Nope. But it didn't stop couch riders like you demanding the "cawps" you hate to crack skullz. But you biatch like an old woman when they go beat folks up.

You are retarded

For you to equate truckers honking horns with BLM/Antifa terrorists who threw bricks from pre-positioned pallets is a stretch.
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Police - 02/20/22

kwg

But look at the tweets and social media those scumbags are posting. Joking about injuring the citizens, saying "Save some for us on tomorrow's shift". "Having a ball". "Making bucks in overtime!" Much more. Disgusting excuses of for law enforcement. Pigs... literally.
It's just one or two cops, the EXCEPTION to the "vast majority" who Protect and Serve......

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...y-kneeing-officer-stand-around-approval/

Video Captures Ottawa Police Dragging Protester Between Trucks Then Repeatedly Kneeing Him as Other Officers Stand Around in Approval

Canadian news aired footage of Ottawa police dragging a protester between two trucks then beating the man and kneeing him several times repeatedly while he was on the ground.

The rest of the police just stood around and watched.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

You are retarded

For you to equate truckers honking horns with BLM/Antifa terrorists who threw bricks from pre-positioned pallets is a stretch.

I didn't. You did.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Police - 02/20/22
The eagerness of police leadership to jump from criminal deterrence, their primary mission...into the realm of political enforcement is too blatant and obvious to ignore. The rank and file as usual will protect the pension and paycheck, last thing any of them want to do is go out and get a real job where you could possibly get dirt on your hands or clothes or show a quantifiable result at the end of the day. You cop boosters can claim they are 'serving the public'...'heroes' etc. but in my local experience, we have known these people since high school..and they have spent their lives avoiding work. They won't go logging, they won't work construction,they won't go into a trade, they won't take a highway job....they will uproot their families and move 3 states away to get another cop job.
So we can all agree that peaceful protest is legal and a right.

When the peaceful protest involves breaking laws, when is it acceptable for LE to step in and enforce laws? Is it never ok? Is it only ok if there is loss of life or injuries? Property damage? Only if you don't agree the protest?

Honest question here, as I'm interested to read the responses.

I'm of the belief that the line for physically removing protestors probably starts at property damage. But if folks are inconvenienced by non-violent protests, they're just going to have to be inconvenienced...
Posted By: jar Re: Police - 02/20/22
Even the police can suffer from mob mentality. I personally have had a few encounters with police in a number of situations good and bad . but my observation has come to think that most of them are glory hounds looking the be in charge of others. knowing that they are just as human as the rest of us tells me that there are good cops and bad cops too . growing up in a very small town , our city had the lesser quality of cops . due to pay I am sure . but most that come thru here are fat lazy and large and in charge until it comes out that they are not paying their bills or milking someone in the community. thus my opinion of any police officer that stands up and takes action against another person like in canada is just as much a tyrant as the self appointed dictator giving the order. what those kind are not seeing is the bigger picture, because sooner or later the dictator will have some sort of problem with the police force and then they will be the ones yelling foul !!!

kwg

Just a factory worker here 20 years worth.
The out of state owner is a crook. Works the edges of the system to
screw everyone he can.
Have seen him twice, never exchanged words.

The people under our roof work to produce good product for the customer.
No more, no less.

That said I feel a burden just being I'm my position.
The association is there, in my mind.
If I had to work in the office lieing to the suppliers or customers,
The people he screws, I'd quit.

IDGAF about oaths, and all that stuff.
A good man keeps his word, it doesn't need a fancy name.
But he doesn't hide behind his word, or benefits,
to do dishonorable things to the innocents he swore to protect.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Police - 02/20/22
I'd like to see that fucking tyrant Trudeau hanging upside down from a lamp post.

When the peaceful protest involves breaking laws, when is it acceptable for LE to step in and enforcelaws? Is it never ok? Is it only ok if there is loss of life or injuries? Property damage? Only if you don't agree the protest?

Stop electing people who insist on creating a problem and then falling back on the enforcers to fix it. Apparently, the folks who allowed the BLM and antifa to run wild were OK with it and only used the enforcers when it fit their political schemes. The politicians who allowed the statues to be pulled down, they wanted it done and held the enforcers back and prevented them from protecting public property. The people who elected them got what they wanted. Stop blaming the enforcers (police and deputies) Start blaming the politicians and STOP ELECTING THOSE BASTARDS. And stop blaming the enforcers who are doing what the "majority" wants done.

Until you can prove otherwise, they were doing what the majority wanted done and they were doing it via their elected officials. Go back and look at my statement about making sure the elections and ballot counting were fair and honest.

Did the people really get the government they wanted ?? Did these cities have to burn ?? Did the cops really have to go in and start knocking heads ?? Or, could this all of been prevented by electing Americans who truly reflected everything that is good and honest about America ?

Stop putting law enforcement in the middle and then whining about it when it is not done your way. Trudeau and Canada is truly a study in out-of-control governments because the citizens elected a socialist wanna be dictator. They knew he was a socialist when he ran and was elected. When things turned to crap he used the police to "fix" his problem. The police did as they were ordered because they believed he represented the majority. The question is; is this what the majority wanted ? Was Trudeau elected in a fair and honest election ? If the answer is "YES" then the orders were lawful. "Release the dogs of war" as Shakespeare would say.

kwg
Posted By: kennyd Re: Police - 02/20/22
Neighbor cop told me he loved confrontations. Not take a problem on, but would not wantcto resolve it with little trouble.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Police - 02/20/22

When the peaceful protest involves breaking laws, when is it acceptable for LE to step in and enforce laws? Is it never ok? Is it only ok if there is loss of life or injuries? Property damage? Only if you don't agree the protest?

I'm of the belief that the line for physically removing protestors probably starts at property damage. But if folks are inconvenienced by non-violent protests, they're just going to have to be inconvenienced...

Rather than provide a subjective response I'll just say that whatever measures are taken to enforce law, they should be employed equally across the board. As far as I am concerned, if the freedom crowd wanted to burn DC to the ground they would be justified by the fact that NOTHING was done to stop the BLM and antifa scum---even where federal property was involved.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Police - 02/20/22

When they run out of paper to write tickets.....

The problem in Canada is that they are NOT enforcing the law. The protests are legal and peaceful. The cops are the ones violating the law.
Originally Posted by worriedman

Do they get to decide for themselves?[/b]

They obey the folks who have been elected by the majority of the people.

kwg

If I remember correctly, King George was the head of the legal government in the 1770's, that is why they called Washington and his "pitiful band" rebels.

Seems we have forgotten that we sit here relatively safe today as a result of violence they heaped on Great Brittan in contravention of the law. Would you rather they had not?

That depends. Do you think a small town rookie cop making a snap judgment on an order he was given is the same as what George Washington did after the colonies got together and collectively came up with the Declaration of Independence?
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Rather than provide a subjective response I'll just say that whatever measures are taken to enforce law, they should be employed equally across the board. As far as I am concerned, if the freedom crowd wanted to burn DC to the ground they would be justified by the fact that NOTHING was done to stop the BLM and antifa scum---even where federal property was involved.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

We'll...I kind of agree. They would be justified to burn places like Portland to the ground. But to what avail? BLM and ANTIFA were not allowed to do illegal things in decent places.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Police - 02/20/22
Posters on antifa, blm, convict and gangsta websites sound remarkably similar to many on here.

They too think that the popo is the enemy. "Progressive" thinking has many faces, all are ugly and dumb.

mike r

That depends. Do you think a small town rookie cop making a snap judgment on an order he was given is the same as what George Washington did after the colonies got together and collectively came up with the Declaration of Independence?

Absolutely, one has to look inward and decide what is the correct thing to do. A small minority of the People followed the mind set of Washington and revolted against the government of the day.

Mark Twain said: "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Posted By: Joezone Re: Police - 02/20/22

kwg

They obey the folks who have been elected by the majority of the people. Which is why honest elections with honest ballot counting is absolutely important. Those people who are elected must have the best interest of the majority at heart or you will get what is happening in Ottawa. Was Trudeau elected honestly and was the ballot count honest and true ??

I have my doubts.

kwg

So under your decision tree as long as a leader is elected, they can order whatever they want and make up their own laws on the fly? What if the "leader" ignores current established law and does not follow established legal methods to have the law changed? It's OK because they were elected? No can't agree.

Absolutely, one has to look inward and decide what is the correct thing to do. A small minority of the People followed the mind set of Washington and revolted against the government of the day.

Well we'll have to disagree then. You say a "small minority" but i the Second Continental Congress 12 of the 13 colonies voted to secede with one abstaining.

And Washington was leading the Continental Army. Not remotely the same as a rookie cop making a snap judgment on his own.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Police - 02/20/22
Kwg020 is speaking truth. The only thing I would argue is the election was allowed to be stolen using the corrupt judicial. We get the government we allow to be elected. We have work to do to clean up this mess we’ve allowed to happen.
Posted By: 673 Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'd like to see that fucking tyrant Trudeau hanging upside down from a lamp post.

I'd rather see him dangling right side up.

Well we'll have to disagree then. You say a "small minority" but i the Second Continental Congress 12 of the 13 colonies voted to secede with one abstaining.

And Washington was leading the Continental Army. Not remotely the same as a rookie cop making a snap judgment on his own.

Worriedman is right Smokepole.

Despite the perception we were given as kids, the Revolution was
nowhere near a majority. It was a group of hotheads in New England
that got it rolling.

The taxes and restrictions were hurting them, they tried to get support
from the much vaunted Virginians. But no dice.

The Southerners were doing just fine with ag products and were happy.
Loyalists even. They wanted nothing to do with freedom or revolution.

Until England started to persecute them along with the North, for things
the North were doing. When it got bad enough, the South changed sides.

One of the biggest dangers to the Patriots was being turned in by their
neighbors. Many either sided with England, who they thought would win,
or were ambivalent.
Posted By: erikj Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Joezone

kwg

I have my doubts.

kwg

So under your decision tree as long as a leader is elected, they can order whatever they want and make up their own laws on the fly? What if the "leader" ignores current established law and does not follow established legal methods to have the law changed? It's OK because they were elected? No can't agree.

Yep. In a Constitutional Republic, both words are important. If you're elected there's still the Constitution part of the equation. Canada has the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Using the Chinese virus as an excuse, both country's leaders have chosen to break the most basic laws. Nobody really expects law enforcement to hold them accountable, but when shtf maybe cops could use some discretion.
Posted By: dassa Re: Police - 02/20/22

Grow up.

You don't really expect a govt yes-man to understand the difference, do you?

kwg

Plenty of instances where police actually violate their own laws.. I'm NOT saying that in any way I'm against law and order... However, I will refuse to obey an illegal order... IF there is such an event, best scenario is to demand a supervisor for an advisory opinion.. Failing that - resistance is in order; to whatever means it may be necessary..

FWIW...

And I still advise - "prepare"...
Posted By: dassa Re: Police - 02/20/22

Grow up.

You don't really expect a govt yes-man to understand the difference, do you?

Grow up.

I specifically stated "when blm was blocking hwys". Not breaking or burning buildings to the ground. I'm talking human chains across interstates. Nobody here supported that did they?

kwg

If they wanted to stay home, why didn't they? If they hate what is going on, why did they do it?

You might think that blaming what the police are doing on the elected officials is an excuse, but every police officer there choose to be there, and history shows that they can and should be held accountable for their own decisions.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Police - 02/20/22

also all protests should be treated the same......peaceful let them be....violence shut it down....bob

Agreed. BLM was prone to attack motorists, start fires, ect. If either side does that, they need to be stomped but if they're peacefully protesting, that's what this country was founded on.
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Agreed. BLM was prone to attack motorists, start fires, ect. If either side does that, they need to be stomped but if they're peacefully protesting, that's what this country was founded on.

You are living in la la land. It sounds good in a gun forum but politics decide where and when the police will be deployed. The guys on the ground are given their marching orders and you have to assume that the decision making process has been done with the legislators and the elected officials. We have to assume the attorneys have been included in the planning and the execution. But, if you have a morally and politically corrupt elected official or a morally corrupt attorney advising the elected officials, you have problems. The mere fact that many States just made up the laws for the 2020 election and enforcing them during the "pandemic" were done with the best interests of the people in mind. But, in reality we know it was done with anarchist politics in mind.

But, they own the courts and the lawyers, we don't. Things happen and then at a much later time, the legal review happens. When it happens you have to hope you will get a fair and honest hearing. But, the reality is the opposing view never gets a fair and honest hearing.

kwg
The problem with cops is, they see a law, pretty much any law, as something they must enforce. Anyone breaking a law is a bad guy. The problem with that is the massive number of laws which have no legitimate purpose or constitutional basis. The people making these laws are criminals, and those who enforce these laws are enforcers for those criminals. The fact that the American population is largely brainwashed and pays for the continued abuse, in no way makes it acceptable or right. Police enforce the law. They are law enforcement officers. And the laws are corrupt. Therefore, by default, any person enforcing a corrupt law, is also corrupt, and no amount of protesting that they were following the law or orders of their superiors absolves them from the wrongdoing.
Posted By: DMc Re: Police - 02/20/22
They're not all thugs. He are some that dropped their shields and joined the protesters.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494944612456271873

He (Washington) was getting his head handed to him until the Over Mountain Men from the frontier stepped in, pretty much ended the British Southern Campaign at Kings Mountain, all volunteer with their own weapons, and then again in 1814 Tennessee Volunteers at Chalmette under Coffee and Carroll, all Volunteer with their own weapons. The Over Mountain men were breaking the law and the Tennessee Volunteers at New Orleans were not part of any structured army, just country boys who wanted to be left alone to live their life.
Originally Posted by ERK

Damn you're stupid

You are retarded

You focus on the minutiae of road blocking, whereas that was not the majority of what was happening with those turds.

Go get your teeth worked on so you can munch on those free donuts.

You're one funny fugktard. You couldn't follow me around all day.

Laughing.

😂😂😂😂
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by DMc
They're not all thugs. He are some that dropped their shields and joined the protesters.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494944612456271873

In Odessa.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as I keep saying, were it not for the police ,politicians would just be idiots with bad ideas. No dictatorship or totalitarian system in history ever had the slightest problem with finding the folks to do it's dirty work. With cops, it's job, pension and security first and foremost.

I cannot recall who first said it, but someone once wisely remarked that when tyranny finally reaches your doorstep, it's invariably wearing a policeman's uniform. Basically, this is what you said.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Police - 02/20/22
At my agency a Deputy's application of discretion pertaining to enforcement actions has just about been completely removed from a most of situations. In policy, they removed the word may and replaced it with the words shall, will and must. Discretion is being taken away and it's not if but when you violate policy you could be disciplined and or fired. Make a bad decision or what is deemed a bad decision and you are done. Once fired, many departments will not even look at you for a lateral job position. This doesn't even factor in criminal charges, indictments, civil suits or getting killed in the line of duty.
Which makes you nothing more than an enforcer for their edicts. Do you continue when this becomes clear? If so, how is that justifiable? How is the little bit of good you are allowed to do going to outweigh the things you do at the direction of your superiors?

Thank you for the honesty, sincerely. It lays out for the uninitiated the fact that the laws are corrupt and cops are not working for the people but for their bosses. They would not need to remove discretion from you unless they KNEW the laws you are tasked with enforcing are unjust and criminal.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Police - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Which makes you nothing more than an enforcer for their edicts. Do you continue when this becomes clear? If so, how is that justifiable? How is the little bit of good you are allowed to do going to outweigh the things you do at the direction of your superiors?

Thank you for the honesty, sincerely. It lays out for the uninitiated the fact that the laws are corrupt and cops are not working for the people but for their bosses. They would not need to remove discretion from you unless they KNEW the laws you are tasked with enforcing are unjust and criminal.

That’s not totally accurate. Policy is often a result of something going bad, usually in civil court. My agency policy is I SHALL refer any felony for prosecution if probable cause exists. It’s not to ensure I enforce an unjust law, it’s risk mitigation so we don’t get sued by a crime victim who alleges they were victimized due to our inaction. That, coupled with body cams, means no one gets a break unless I want to accept the liability for their actions from that point.

We’re told time and again: “We’d rather get sued by someone you arrest than the victim of someone you didn’t arrest”.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Police - 02/21/22
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

We’re told time and again: “We’d rather get sued by someone you arrest than the victim of someone you didn’t arrest”.

How could that possibly happen?

No agency is responsible for the production of safety or security for any individual unless they are in custody. (Excerpted from the link attached.) See DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services: “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors," stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual" without “due process of the law.”

In Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm. Simon Gonzales for kidnapped his three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. He killed the children and SCOTUS went on to reaffirm the DeShaney ruling that "there is no affirmative right to aid by the government or the police found in the U.S. Constitution, and thus no legal recourse could be brought thereunder." The “no duty to protect” rule remains unwavering and the law today.

No duty to protect
Posted By: Joezone Re: Police - 02/21/22
If you have a moral compass you know that legal is not necessarily equal to moral. Which do you put first? And how does your paycheck play into that decision. Important questions for LEO especially in these times.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Police - 02/21/22

Grow up.

You can't take one small partition of the whole for a comparison. Also, BLM was often violent while blocking traffic. False comparison.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Police - 02/21/22
Originally Posted by 280shooter

You can't take one small partition of the whole for a comparison.

You can if you are an idiot.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Police - 02/21/22
Took this from Memes last night.
Cropped it, put it on Fakebook.

Screenshot as it went there, with my remarks.

Combined, it fits this conversation well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Police - 02/21/22
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

How could that possibly happen?

No agency is responsible for the production of safety or security for any individual unless they are in custody. (Excerpted from the link attached.) See DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services: “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors," stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual" without “due process of the law.”

In Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm. Simon Gonzales for kidnapped his three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. He killed the children and SCOTUS went on to reaffirm the DeShaney ruling that "there is no affirmative right to aid by the government or the police found in the U.S. Constitution, and thus no legal recourse could be brought thereunder." The “no duty to protect” rule remains unwavering and the law today.

No duty to protect

It’s not the duty to protect, but the use of discretion outside of policy. Like letting someone go who had been drinking and they hit someone.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Police - 02/21/22
Trudeau, Biden or any other elected official aren't going to show up at your door enforcing their edict, "emergency" or any other horseshit excuse to violate your rights. They pay others to do that for them.

YMMV
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Police - 02/21/22
IA bit of perspective as to what it is like on the other side of the "we hate the police" debate was needed. I am sure that view is even more infuriating to the haters.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Police - 02/21/22
WE!, PAY!
Folks here are yip-yapping about republics and constitutions, electing the right people, and LEOs following oaths. It is all "sound and fury, signifying nothing."

1. We no longer have a republic.
Haven't had one since 1865. Get over it. We now have a plutocratic oligarchy. (Use a dictionary if you have to.) This is where liberal democracy and market worship leads.

2. The Constitution is a meaningless scrap of paper.
It is a fig leaf given to the trained monkey performers (politicians, judges, etc.) as the trained monkeys dance to the tune of the ruling class, Constitution or otherwise. If hte COTUS says "X," it is but the matter of a few talmudically reasoned paragraphs to twist that into "Not-X."

3. Those elected are mere actors who have little power. "Right people" or otherwise.
The ruling & managerial classes flip the levers of power in this country. Trump found that out. Sure, you can VOTE for something, but you're never gonna GET something if ht ruling class thinks otherwise. The political process selects for dancing monkeys.

4. POLICE exist to do the will of the ruling class.
Always have. They do not exist to protect, serve, or otherwise help regular, decent folks. They have spent decades preventing good white folks from protecting their selves, families, neighborhoods, and polities from swarthy and smollhat invaders. And where police can not be found, private sector thugs will fill in. Just like with the internet: supposedly gov't can't censor, but the tech corporations do the bidding of the gov't and lolbertarians fall over themselves to claim tech corp censorship is not censorship.

We aren't going to vote our way out of this. Fourth gen war is being waged on us. Best return the favor.
https://www.amazon.com/Generation-Warfare-Handbook-William-Lind/dp/9527065755
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Police - 02/21/22
Originally Posted by jstert
i came up with the 80/20 rule years ago. 20% of any given profession are great folks, 80% aren’t. the 80% aren’t necessarily evil, but simply folks i would pass over for a host of reasons.

police have a special responsibility. we invest in them the power of life and death. they in turn must never forget their duty to the laws of god as well as man. police need to remember that “following orders” is no excuse for bad behavior. if cops are concealing their names and badge numbers they must realize their wayward path and will account for it.

Your ass backwards on your theory. And the 80 - 20 rule was being taught, in the 18th century! Anything else you want to bloviate about today!
© 24hourcampfire