Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Which makes you nothing more than an enforcer for their edicts. Do you continue when this becomes clear? If so, how is that justifiable? How is the little bit of good you are allowed to do going to outweigh the things you do at the direction of your superiors?

Thank you for the honesty, sincerely. It lays out for the uninitiated the fact that the laws are corrupt and cops are not working for the people but for their bosses. They would not need to remove discretion from you unless they KNEW the laws you are tasked with enforcing are unjust and criminal.

That’s not totally accurate. Policy is often a result of something going bad, usually in civil court. My agency policy is I SHALL refer any felony for prosecution if probable cause exists. It’s not to ensure I enforce an unjust law, it’s risk mitigation so we don’t get sued by a crime victim who alleges they were victimized due to our inaction. That, coupled with body cams, means no one gets a break unless I want to accept the liability for their actions from that point.

We’re told time and again: “We’d rather get sued by someone you arrest than the victim of someone you didn’t arrest”.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

We’re told time and again: “We’d rather get sued by someone you arrest than the victim of someone you didn’t arrest”.

How could that possibly happen?

No agency is responsible for the production of safety or security for any individual unless they are in custody. (Excerpted from the link attached.) See DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services: “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors," stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual" without “due process of the law.”

In Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm. Simon Gonzales for kidnapped his three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. He killed the children and SCOTUS went on to reaffirm the DeShaney ruling that "there is no affirmative right to aid by the government or the police found in the U.S. Constitution, and thus no legal recourse could be brought thereunder." The “no duty to protect” rule remains unwavering and the law today.

No duty to protect

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you have a moral compass you know that legal is not necessarily equal to moral. Which do you put first? And how does your paycheck play into that decision. Important questions for LEO especially in these times.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If you ever had any doubts about what police will do when ordered to attack the innocent and righteous and trample your constitutional rights Ottawa is your answer. They’re all bad apples. Paycheck and pension is the only thing that matters. If you check out the hacked Twitter page of the cops they’re not just following orders they’re gleeful in their abuse of the protesters.

The correlation is undeniable. I mean from a completely different country, but absolutely applicable

Oddly enough when blm was blocking hwy's in the states, the very tards that are bemoaning what happened in Canuck-land want U.S. Police to do worse.......I equate that to you retards not knowing what you want....or possibly "my side should be allowed to do what they want, beat down the other side though".

Grow up.

And no before the tards jump to conclusions I don't agree with what happened in Canada. Yes Trudeau is a commie, this is what commies do...

A peaceful protest is one thing, from what I saw there was very little peaceful protests concerning the blm.

I specifically stated "when blm was blocking hwys". Not breaking or burning buildings to the ground. I'm talking human chains across interstates. Nobody here supported that did they?

You can't take one small partition of the whole for a comparison. Also, BLM was often violent while blocking traffic. False comparison.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 280shooter

You can't take one small partition of the whole for a comparison.

You can if you are an idiot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took this from Memes last night.
Cropped it, put it on Fakebook.

Screenshot as it went there, with my remarks.

Combined, it fits this conversation well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

How could that possibly happen?

No agency is responsible for the production of safety or security for any individual unless they are in custody. (Excerpted from the link attached.) See DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services: “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors," stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual" without “due process of the law.”

In Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm. Simon Gonzales for kidnapped his three daughters (ages 7, 8, and 10) while they were playing outside, in violation of a court-issued protective order. He killed the children and SCOTUS went on to reaffirm the DeShaney ruling that "there is no affirmative right to aid by the government or the police found in the U.S. Constitution, and thus no legal recourse could be brought thereunder." The “no duty to protect” rule remains unwavering and the law today.

No duty to protect

It’s not the duty to protect, but the use of discretion outside of policy. Like letting someone go who had been drinking and they hit someone.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Trudeau, Biden or any other elected official aren't going to show up at your door enforcing their edict, "emergency" or any other horseshit excuse to violate your rights. They pay others to do that for them.

YMMV

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
IA bit of perspective as to what it is like on the other side of the "we hate the police" debate was needed. I am sure that view is even more infuriating to the haters.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
WE!, PAY!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folks here are yip-yapping about republics and constitutions, electing the right people, and LEOs following oaths. It is all "sound and fury, signifying nothing."

1. We no longer have a republic.
Haven't had one since 1865. Get over it. We now have a plutocratic oligarchy. (Use a dictionary if you have to.) This is where liberal democracy and market worship leads.

2. The Constitution is a meaningless scrap of paper.
It is a fig leaf given to the trained monkey performers (politicians, judges, etc.) as the trained monkeys dance to the tune of the ruling class, Constitution or otherwise. If hte COTUS says "X," it is but the matter of a few talmudically reasoned paragraphs to twist that into "Not-X."

3. Those elected are mere actors who have little power. "Right people" or otherwise.
The ruling & managerial classes flip the levers of power in this country. Trump found that out. Sure, you can VOTE for something, but you're never gonna GET something if ht ruling class thinks otherwise. The political process selects for dancing monkeys.

4. POLICE exist to do the will of the ruling class.
Always have. They do not exist to protect, serve, or otherwise help regular, decent folks. They have spent decades preventing good white folks from protecting their selves, families, neighborhoods, and polities from swarthy and smollhat invaders. And where police can not be found, private sector thugs will fill in. Just like with the internet: supposedly gov't can't censor, but the tech corporations do the bidding of the gov't and lolbertarians fall over themselves to claim tech corp censorship is not censorship.

We aren't going to vote our way out of this. Fourth gen war is being waged on us. Best return the favor.
https://www.amazon.com/Generation-Warfare-Handbook-William-Lind/dp/9527065755

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by jstert
i came up with the 80/20 rule years ago. 20% of any given profession are great folks, 80% aren’t. the 80% aren’t necessarily evil, but simply folks i would pass over for a host of reasons.

police have a special responsibility. we invest in them the power of life and death. they in turn must never forget their duty to the laws of god as well as man. police need to remember that “following orders” is no excuse for bad behavior. if cops are concealing their names and badge numbers they must realize their wayward path and will account for it.

Your ass backwards on your theory. And the 80 - 20 rule was being taught, in the 18th century! Anything else you want to bloviate about today!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 57 invisible), 18,819 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,855
Posts18,537,573
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
11 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.