Home
Posted By: PaPa260 Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
That is just outside of Kyiv, what a target rich environment. You aviators, how long would it take a couple of squadrons of fighter planes to lay that to waste. WW II P51 Mustang could lay that to waste.....I would think. What say you folks?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Just don't get it ?

They're just sittin there

Take 'em out !
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
A10's
Posted By: PaPa260 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
I swear to God I don't get it. Start at the front and lay it to waste. Something has to be done to stop that demented bastard. That is a damn good place to start.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Problem is, we do and we likely invite a Nuclear response. Frustrating for sure.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Cant maneuver off the roads.
Mud.
Stationary .
Been reports of the Uke,s hitting it in various spots.

Bucketheads told vlad to hold off his invasion till after the Olympics.
Ground was froze solid back then.

Now he is bogged down in thawing and refreezing mud .
One of the great equalizers in a ground war involving armor and vehicles.

Lots of you tube shorts and tik tik vids of abandoned Russian armor and vehicles stuck in the mud.......

Gawd .....
Some air power brought in on that column would really destroy a schitt load of vlads combat power and royally fugg up his logistics waaay more than what it already is.
Blurb earlier today about strike drones coming in to deal with the column.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Problem is, we do and we likely invite a Nuclear response. Frustrating for sure.

No one said for "us" to do it dumbazz....If the Ukrainians have ANY air assets left, that stalled column would be a dam fine place to use them!!!
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
The Russians have the best mobile air defense missile systems in the world. I’m sure they have none of them with that column. Lol

An A-10 would last about 45 seconds.
Posted By: Northman Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
I have seen several TikToks of T80 and T90s just abandoned..
Some beside the road or stuck in mud.

And quite a few blown up..

Thats supposed to be the best Tanks Russia has.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The Russians have the best mobile air defense missile systems in the world. I’m sure they have none of them with that column. Lol

Ukraine has some 30-40 drones that Russia can't detect... they are wrecking havoc on Russian AA during night.
Plenty of videos of it online.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
videos online.
Who knows what to even think to believe anymore.

A column sitting there ripe and has not been totaled already.

Smells strange. Looks strange. Probably tastes strange...
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Is that the same air defense system the Syrians, Iranians and Iraqi’s had….LOL.

ETA: If so, let an Israeli, Jr. Lt., fly the A-10.
Originally Posted by MarkWV

No, it actually isn’t.
Originally Posted by Northman

Ukraine has some 30-40 drones that Russia can't detect... they are wrecking havoc on Russian AA during night.

Yeah, those are all bullschit for stupid people to believe.
Originally Posted by rost495
videos online.

Great military tactic actually...
Let them drive far into country... blow up a few bridges in front.. they clump up, while small strike teams taking out fuel trucks in the rear.
Anything that leaves the road gets bogged down in mud.
A few days in and they are running out of food and the food supplies are 30miles to the rear..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Awe bs, u kno ther jes sittin tger lak [bleep] duks. Dayom man. wink
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

We have the best systems to immobilize those SAM's these days.

But small offensive drones--as in the ones made by Turkey and being used by Ukraine--would be the best weapon in a contested airspace. It just a matter of having enough of them,, enough missiles, keeping the drones intact on the ground and keeping the infrastructure intact to service them, and enough people who know how to fly them.
videos online.

Let them drive far into country... blow up a few bridges in front.. they clump up, while small strike teams taking out fuel trucks in the rear.
A few days in and they are running out of food and the food supplies are 30miles to the rear..

You're too stupid to figure out Piglosi, Kilery, Zero and Bidet are traitors.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
One MiG29 dropping a couple CBU-105s could remove the entire column from action.

https://youtu.be/gqPqzs-JeDo
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
A10's

+1
Posted By: viking Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
45 seconds is a long time
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
I can assure you that column is not just sitting there unprotected.
So, am I to believe Putins army has no air support?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

And you have 65.000 posts about made up delusional fantasies...
Medications my man.. Please up the doses!
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
The best strategy would be to target the lead mile of vehicles with everything you have and cause a jam.
Posted By: DMc Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
To Russia, from Ukraine
No, haven’t you seen the news reports. Two Ukrainians in a Hi-Lux and another in an ultralight airplane have had them stalled for days. God bless those brave Ukrainians.

Bullschidt. Turkish C-130's delivered another batch a couple days ago into Poland. I read it was going to happen, I have a friend whose daughter is in the State Department in Poland, and I watched the Turkish C-130 deliver them on radar to Poland. They landed on Polish highways 10-20 miles from the Ukraine border--along with 4-5 of our C-17's.

And the Russians formally protested yesterday to Turkey over it.

I'm sure Putin and Biden are conducting the greatest fake military action in the history of the internet. (I shouldn't say something like that because the conspiracy theorists will believe it because they want to).

As an added note the Supremely Stupid & Crazy Adoph Putin's troops are currently shelling a nuclear powerplant in Ukraine.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by marktheshark

No one said for "us" to do it dumbazz....If the Ukrainians have ANY air assets left, that stalled column would be a dam fine place to use them!!!

The OP asked about fighter squadrons and seemed to me to question why we weren't doing anything. Apparently the Ukes have few if any fighters left. If the OP was implying it was, I was merely stating that direct action from us doesn't appear to be an option. I've heard some talk about plausible deniability and covert actions and supposedly Biden isn't giving the Uke's the good military hardware (he just cut an $11 billion dollar deal with Iran) and refuses to stop buying Russian oil (while keeping Keystone and fracking shut down). Biden seems to be doing as little as possible to help the Ukes.
Posted By: Steve Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Seem like they are following doctrine.

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/por...-the-russian-way-of-war-grau-bartles.pdf

Skip to page 146.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Bullschidt. Turkish C-130's delivered another batch a couple days ago into Poland. I read it was going to happen, I have a friend whose daughter is in the State Department in Poland, and I watched the Turkish C-130 deliver them on radar to Poland. They landed on Polish highways 10-20 miles from the Ukraine border--along with 4-5 of our C-17's.

I'm sure Putin and Biden are conducting the greatest fake military action in the history of the internet. (I shouldn't say something like that because the conspiracy theorists will believe it because they want to).

As an added note the Supremely Stupid & Crazy Adoph Putin's troops are currently shelling a nuclear powerplant in Ukraine.

Yeah, that’s all bullschit.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Just don't get it ?

They're just sittin there

Take 'em out !

Obviously the Ukrainians don't have air superiority or they would.

The Russian fighter pilots also have a say in this, and the Russians say no....

And you have 65.000 posts about made up delusional fantasies...
Medications my man.. Please up the doses!

And you could have no posts past the one you made years ago denying the Ds were after our guns just because they hadnt bothered you for yours which proved you are one of the stupidest POS commies liars on the Fire.

Trump is draining the swamp and destroying your POS DNC.

Just as Que said, your heros wont be able to walk the streets. grin

MAGA
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Ran out of gas?
Posted By: LoadClear Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Wait wait… are you saying that USAF C-17’s are landing on highways in Poland?
Some videos from the Ukrainian drones.
They had 12, but ordered 48.
Turkey has been supplying them as they are comping of the assembly line.

Tiny aircraft made of carbonfibre, flying at 25.000ft.
Its a large country and they dont have AA all over.
Seems they can't find them..

Just saw photos of 4 abandoned Tunguska AA turned into barbecue.
Unit cost $16mill... 64million lined up and set on fire.

Last is from is a fuel train in Crimea..
Originally Posted by LoadClear

Yep, I can zoom in and see the highway (and it's markings on the map). When the USAF C-17's land, there has always been a gaggle of USA Black Hawks waiting.

What’s frustrating is the fact we shouldn’t be in this position. Stupid fugks refused to vote for Trump, and here we are. Anyone that didn’t vote for Trump OWNS this mess we’re in. Stupid fugks.

Yep, I can zoom in and see the highway (and it's markings on the map). When the USAF C-17's land, there has always been a gaggle of USA Black Hawks waiting.

Who's sock puppet are you...ElkSlut91?
Originally Posted by jackmountain

What’s frustrating is the fact we shouldn’t be in this position. Stupid fugks refused to vote for Trump, and here we are. Anyone that didn’t vote for Trump OWNS this mess we’re in. Stupid fugks.

Trump that threatened to withhold Military aid to Ukraine, if the newly elected President Zelensky didn't start investigations into Hunter Biden.

Luckily congress got that Military aid through...

Of course Putan didnt want Ukraine getting more military hardware.. Trump did his best to please

I’d love a link to see that… I’ve only got about 6,800 hours in the C-17, so I’m not exactly an expert… but I’ve never heard someone consider such a thing… I can just imagine the trenches the gear would leave.

I’ve operated on gravel in AFGH, but the gravel was something like 8’ deep and packed/graded after every takeoff and landing.

I’d love a link to see that… I’ve only got about 6,800 hours in the C-17, so I’m not exactly an expert… but I’ve never heard someone consider such a thing… I can just imagine the trenches the gear would leave.

I’ve operated on gravel in AFGH, but the gravel was something like 8’ deep and packed/graded after every takeoff and landing.

Well, you know they don’t have any airfields in Poland capable of landing C-17s. 😂
Rzeszow
Rzeszow

That field isn’t as good as a random highway.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Who's sock puppet are you...ElkSlut91?

One thing about hyper-partisanship is it destroys most ability to think, much less think critically.

Let me guess, it's all a conspiracy by Chelsea Clinton, right? wink
Rzeszow

It's hwy 94 and it's a four lane highway.

They have also landed on hwy 12 between Lublin and Chelm.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
A 40 mile stalled out Russian military vehicle convoy that’s been sitting there for days tells you at least 2 things. First, Ukrainian Air Power is seriously lacking and -2- Russian Army tactics pretty much suck and are giving Ukraine every chance possible to turn the convoy into a big smoldering junk heap.

Well, you know they don’t have any airfields in Poland capable of landing C-17s. 😂

Most of the time they land at Rzenszow airport. But you might be right--maybe t ain't big enough to handle the parade of military cargo planes flying in.

Do you know Luxembourg has a E-3 Sentry AWACS plane? It was in Poland along the border last night. What the snarf is Luxembourg doing with an E-3..........?
Rzeszow

A four lane highway that is stressed for 585,000 lbs on 18 wheels (with at least 2G’s for landing impact) and is at least 90’ wide (without median) and has no signs or light poles?

JFC
Originally Posted by GAGoober
A 40 mile stalled out Russian military vehicle convoy that’s been sitting there for days tells you at least 2 things. First, Ukrainian Air Power is seriously lacking and -2- Russian Army tactics pretty much suck and are giving Ukraine every chance possible to turn the convoy into a big smoldering junk heap.

This^^^

I doubt they have many aircraft left or are probably grounded because of lack of parts. Then again, the convoy may be stalled because the Ukrainians stalled it. Bring on the drones......

Most of the time they land at Rzenszow airport. But you might be right--maybe t ain't big enough to handle the parade of military cargo planes flying in.

Do you know Luxembourg has a E-3 Sentry AWACS plane? It was in Poland along the border last night. What the snarf is Luxembourg doing with an E-3..........?

Because NATO… it’s not Luxembourg’s it’s NATO’s
https://rumble.com/vw6z17-ep-2715b-march-madness-full-scale-attack-nothing-is-what-it-seems.html

People actually believe this dribble?
Posted By: windridge Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
A10's

These

Y E S !!
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Rzeszow

A four lane highway that is stressed for 585,000 lbs on 18 wheels (with at least 2G’s for landing impact) and is at least 90’ wide (without median) and has no signs or light poles?

JFC

It doesn't say the highway is rated for the C17, but the Poles do have some airplane rated highway sections. Picture in the article shows a C130 landing. Kind of cool really.

According to TVN24, one of the most influential Polish TV stations, a part of A4 Highway received a status of a highway strip. Highway Strips in Poland are called Drogowy Odcinek Lotniskowy (DOL), which in English more or less means "Airstrip Section of the Road."

https://www.businessinsider.com/jacek-siminski-poland-has-opened-landing-strip-by-ukraine-2014-6
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Probably B-2 from high altitude. 80 500 lbs JDAMS would be a good start and it's doubtful S400 can touch them.

For fighters the F-15E can carry 28 250 lbs Small Diameter Bombs and each one can track without guidance.

F-15 is going to need SEAD support.

F-22 can also use the SDB but F-35 won't until Block4 but could kill all ADA prior to 4 Gen dropping lots of bombs.

A-10 would be very last resort as getting into gun range of the Russians would be a death sentence plus other platforms have much better high altitude bombing and carry more bombs.

A-10s are cool but their time is long passed if you want your pilots to live very long on a modern battle field.

FLIGHTRADAR24 There is a free app and also a pay portal that gives quite a bit more detail. But you got to know how to run the pay version (I don't) My son has the pay version and a hotrod computer because it apparently takes some computing power. He has showed me stuff going on that can't be seen otherwise.

globe.adsbexchange.com is another one. Sometimes it shows aircraft flightradar doesn't and vica versa.

I wondered about the weight of a C-17 also. It seems like these are not mere two lane highways and maybe built better.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
I saw the results when the ragheads fled Kuwait City. The road to Bosra, the aviators stoped the front and rear. Then killed everything between. It was and incredible turkey shoot, and nothing escaped.

Originally Posted by chicoredneck

People who's live's revolve around conspiracy theories do..........
Posted By: viking Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
A10’s, a A10s are always the answer 😆 if they had some

Because NATO… it’s not Luxembourg’s it’s NATO’s

NATO aircraft are labeled NATO. Most aircraft are labeled by their country so far USAF, USA, RAF,, German, etc. Two tankers that are regulars in Poland and Romania are labeled NATO,, USAF and RAF tankers are labeled as such. Same as the RC-135's, so far none of them have been labeled NATO.

But maybe they label the AWACS as NATO. But it did take off and returned to Luxembourg and it was labeled on the transponder as Luxembourg.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Mud.
Stationary .

Lots of you tube shorts and tik tik vids of abandoned Russian armor and vehicles stuck in the mud.......

Gawd .....
Some air power brought in on that column would really destroy a schitt load of vlads combat power and royally fugg up his logistics waaay more than what it already is.

If you have read the book by Leon Degrelle “The Eastern Front”
“Memoirs of a Waffen SS Volunteer, 1941 - 1945” he stated that it was the mud that stalled, not only the attack, but also the withdrawal.
From his firsthand account, the mud is not to be believed.
It is an excellent book, for those that may be interested.
Ernie
Well obviously you know more about this than I do, so I’ll bow out… you saw it on flightradar and that’s more accurate than anything I could offer. Have a nice day.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
I watched a recovery video a while back where they dug a T34 out of the mud/swamp over there. The top of the turret was 2-3 feet below ground level.
Posted By: hardway Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Maybe that convoy is a "Trojan horse" of sorts.... kind of like we did to Hitler before Normandy.....little 3 card Monty action 😏
Don't underestimate the effectiveness of low tech. As the convoy gets close to where you have buildings or other landmarks as cover, a handful of snipers about 1,000 yards out with .50 cal rifles could target just the lead vehicles and be a total pain in the azz.
Originally Posted by TooOldToCare
Mud.
Stationary .

Gawd .....

If you have read the book by Leon Degrelle “The Eastern Front”
“Memoirs of a Waffen SS Volunteer, 1941 - 1945” he stated that it was the mud that stalled, not only the attack, but also the withdrawal.
From his firsthand account, the mud is not to be believed.
It is an excellent book, for those that may be interested.
Ernie

Earth
Fire
Water
Air.
4 classical elements

The 5th element.
Mud......

Think Napoleon said that going thru poland in a winter/ spring thaw.

Mud has been a curse to many armies thruout history.
Late fall rains
Late winter/ spring thaw cycles.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Trump that threatened to withhold Military aid to Ukraine, if the newly elected President Zelensky didn't start investigations into Hunter Biden.

Of course Putan didnt want Ukraine getting more military hardware.. Trump did his best to please

Trump had good reason for wanting things looked that had been going on with the Ukrainian government. He was requiring some accountability of their part. It was your boy biden that used threats against them.

Joe Biden was caught on video bragging that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in funding from Ukraine unless they fired the Prosecutor who was investigating Burmisa Holdings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyT1rnW9fA

All you stinking liberal f a g s know how to do is accuse the other side of what you are doing.
Well obviously you know more about this than I do, so I’ll bow out… you saw it on flightradar and that’s more accurate than anything I could offer. Have a nice day.

You too.
smile
Posted By: Raspy Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Trump had good reason for wanting things looked that had been going on with the Ukrainian government. He was requiring some accountability of their part. It was your boy biden that used threats against them.

Joe Biden was caught on video bragging that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in funding from Ukraine unless they fired the Prosecutor who was investigating Burmisa Holdings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyT1rnW9fA

All you stinking liberal f a g s know how to do is accuse the other side of what you are doing.

This!!!
Originally Posted by MarkWV

ETA: If so, let an Israeli, Jr. Lt., fly the A-10.

A-10 is not survivable in even a half-azzed AD system. The only way they are viable is if friendlies ahve both air superiority and enemy air defense is knocked out.

The Syrians USED to have the russian S-200 system and the Israelis would bomb the crap out of Lebanon and Syria. The Israelis used its limitations to ghost a Israeli fighter behind a Russian Elint plane and the Syrians shot down the Russian Elint plane. Yeah, real funny.

Russians were not so amused. So Russia GAVE Syria a shiny new S-300 system. Now the Israelis are limited to blasting Syria and Lebanon with missiles and the F-35s we sold them. Because the S-300 kills F-16 and F-15 just fine, thanks. Stupid games won the Israelis stupid prizes.

The Russians have the newer S-400 system.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
videos online.

The entire western world is under a big PSYOP siege, and it must be working, because most people are too stupid to see American democrap, globalist, Marxist fingerprints all over Ukraine that have been there since the beginning of 2014. Starting with the above mentioned trash.
Stupid momafrickers spent four years hearing every fricking news source breathlessly report on Trump Russia collusion, lie about Covid, distort stories about Kyle Rittenhouse, report that riots burning down cities were peaceful as they stood amongst the flames…and now they are eating up every damned word these lying treasonous bastards are feeding them about a conflict half a world away.

You people are dumber than schit and beyond help.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: denton Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Not so unusual. Highways in South Korea are often dual use, with sections reinforced to handle heavy air traffic.
I'd like to see what 50 TLAM-Ds flying in at 50 feet at 2am could do.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Luxembourg is a small country and an E-3 would fit their budget better than a big AWACS?
https://rumble.com/vwacuj-ep-2716b-...ublic-will-know-soon-ds-failed-next.html
Posted By: Dutch Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
The Netherlands on Sunday loaded up a c-17 with panzerfausts, Stingers and “sniper rifles” expected to land in an unspecified “Eastern European country”, destined for delivery to UA by road.

Should be in theater by now. Might make defending that column with aircraft a bit more challenging. Might dissuade armor from moving into uncontrolled territory. Might make grunts not want to go out of their vehicles to take a pee.

Might be hard to keep up morale inside that stuck column...

https://www.armyrecognition.com/def...and_stinger_missiles_to_ukraine.amp.html
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
My dad flew the original thunder bolt in WW2

He was shot down and taken prisoner, then escaped.

His own plane a p 38 I believe, was so shot up from previous missions he flew the Maj Macs plane the day he was shot down.

Bottom line:

If we had balls

We would win, and solve a lot of problems.

IMO
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Apache candy
Big dog wanna eat!
What do balls do for canned sunshine? Just curious. Do your balls protect my family from it? I would personally cut the throats of every man, woman, and child in Ukraine for the sake of my 15 year old daughter. I live about five miles from at least 10 megatons worth of target. Frick you and the horse you rode in on.

Currently the Luxembourg id E-3 is in Romania, can only be seen on abdsexchange, and a USAF RC-135.

An amazingly small amount of air traffic in Poland, most commercial traffic has apparently been moved further south.
When do you think it’s going to stop?

Just the Ukrainian children will die?

Then he quits?

Should we cower to hope he spares us?

I hope you can sleep better than I can.

Perhaps surrender to save the children now?
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Luxembourg is a small country and an E-3 would fit their budget better than a big AWACS?

The E-3 Sentry IS the big AWACS. That's what surprised me.

Currently the Luxembourg id E-3 is in Romania, can only be seen on abdsexchange, and a USAF RC-135.

An amazingly small amount of air traffic in Poland, most commercial traffic has apparently been moved further south.

Luxemburg E-3 in Romania.
Wonder who's actually operating it?
Originally Posted by Angus1895
When do you think it’s going to stop?

Just the Ukrainian children will die?

Then he quits?

Should we cower to hope he spares us?

I hope you can sleep better than I can.

Perhaps surrender to save the children now?

Keep sucking that MSM BS. Please, just spare us with it. I mean, as if that fear mongering BS isnt all over the Bolshevik cabals MSM lies. Oh well, since the COVID-19 fear push is history, we must surely surely need another deep state cabal boogeyman to fear.

Let us pray the US arm of the NWO cabal of Biden, Piglosi, Hairass and Schumer protect us.

I said I’d bow out, but I’ve had a few drinks…. I already answered this, but the resident ADS-B expert in the house wants to disregard actual experience and knowledge, and trust what he sees on a [bleep] transponder decoding from ADS-B…

It’s NATO, not Lux. NATO actually has airplanes that are operated by multinational NATO crews on TDY from their host nations.

Here’s a pic of the actual plane that alpine idiot is talking about:
[img]https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9347486[/img]
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Well now that’s embarrassing! 😳

I said I’d bow out, but I’ve had a few drinks…. I already answered this, but the resident ADS-B expert in the house wants to disregard actual experience and knowledge, and trust what he sees on a [bleep] transponder decoding from ADS-B…

It’s NATO, not Lux. NATO actually has airplanes that are operated by multinational NATO crews on TDY from their host nations.

No land on Polish highway, no care.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by PaPa260
I swear to God I don't get it. Start at the front and lay it to waste. Something has to be done to stop that demented bastard. That is a damn good place to start.

We are the country being run by a demented loon.

Of course I don't actually believe he is calling any of the shots.

Putin isn't demented. Maybe mean as hell. And determined to win whatever it takes.

If I was betting, my money would be on Russia.

LC I’m not disagreeing with you but why are other aircraft labeled NATO and this one is not?
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Well now that’s embarrassing! 😳

😂😂😂😂
I didn’t even notice that!!!

LC I’m not disagreeing with you but why are other aircraft labeled NATO and this one is not?

It is, it’s painted on the side of the aircraft… it’s just the stupidly unreliable ADS-B encoding that’s messed up.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The first reason why we bombed the highway coming north out of Kuwait is because there was a great deal of military equipment on that highway, and I had given orders to all my commanders that I wanted every piece of Iraqi equipment that we possibly could destroy. Secondly, this was not a bunch of innocent people just trying to make their way back across the border to Iraq. This was a bunch of rapists, murderers and thugs who had raped and pillaged downtown Kuwait City and now were trying to get out of the country before they were caught.

General Norman Schwarzkopf

Let's do it again!

If you were on the radar website, it’s the same pic—but with the transponder identifying it as Luxembourg.
A pic of an E-3 is not unique

And……
As as somebody who spent a few hours as an operator on a P-3 Orion I bet I’ve been in a E-3 Sentry a time or two more than you have.

Don’t disagree that the transponder or the website could be screwed up.

If you were on the radar website, it’s the same pic—but with the transponder identifying it as Luxembourg.
A pic of an E-3 is not unique

And……
As as somebody who spent a few hours as an operator on a P-3 Orion I bet I’ve been in a E-3 Sentry a time or two more than you have.

I was dumb for re-engaging you. You’re right, you know more about how all this works than me.

All that time I spent in Hungary on a NATO exchange tour, and 3 years on the Wing XP staff (in a wing with AWACS) was a total waste… I should have just come to the campfire to ask some Navy P-3 (not EP-3 I noticed) “operator” how to do my job and operate in the AOR.
[quote=alpinecrick][quote=LoadClear]

I was dumb for re-engaging you. You’re right, you know more about how all this works than me.

All that time I spent in Hungary on a NATO exchange tour, and 3 years on the Wing XP staff (in a wing with AWACS) was a total waste… I should have just come to the campfire to ask some Navy P-3 (not EP-3 I noticed) “operator” how to do my job and operate in the AOR.

Lol…son, my time flying in a P-3 (almost all of it flying in North America out of Elmendorf AFB) in the olden days probably predates your superior electronic knowledge, your NATO knowledge, and definitely predates EP-3’s.
Peace
Posted By: ribka Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
That is just outside of Kyiv, what a target rich environment. You aviators, how long would it take a couple of squadrons of fighter planes to lay that to waste. WW II P51 Mustang could lay that to waste.....I would think. What say you folks?

llol. clueless dumb American

another dumb Biden trailer trash voter who never travelled 20 miles from his place of birth. You should stick to returning shopping carts at Walmart

once again demonstrating what a clueless racist idiot you are

A biden voter rethinking his vote

citing a chinese anti American social media platform for intelligence. Are you really that dumb?
Posted By: akasparky Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Nothing like another Camp Fire kool-aid convention poured from the Chronicles of Facebook for entertainment.

Complete with name calling reviews thrown from a glasshouse.

Keep rolling boys, you got everything figured out and under control, as always.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
A few of these on one plane:

Originally Posted by ribka

another dumb Biden trailer trash voter who never travelled 20 miles from his place of birth. You should stick to returning shopping carts at Walmart

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I never have left Penobscot County Maine.
Greater Old Town and Milford area.
My bubble of interaction with the planet.
Have led a really sheltered life👍👍👍🥴🥴🥴
Big trip for me is going to the Bangor Mall and Wally world .
Occassionally Van Raymonds Gun shop in Brewer too.

SMH...
Someone hack Ribka,s account???

citing a chinese anti American social media platform for intelligence. Are you really that dumb?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
SMH..
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
SMH..

I'm thinking he is Putin azz kisser. Might be former KGB himself.........AKA Commie
Posted By: abbydog Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
We had an A 10 squadron at the Connecticut Air National Guard and i would always look skyward when they were flying in and out of Bradley IAP. I had a birds eye view from my house. Now those boys can lay waste to that column in short order.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Stupid momafrickers spent four years hearing every fricking news source breathlessly report on Trump Russia collusion, lie about Covid, distort stories about Kyle Rittenhouse, report that riots burning down cities were peaceful as they stood amongst the flames…and now they are eating up every damned word these lying treasonous bastards are feeding them about a conflict half a world away.

You people are dumber than schit and beyond help.

Independent thinking isn't one of their strong suits. LOL
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I'm thinking he is Putin azz kisser. Might be former KGB himself.........AKA Commie

Now I know the end is near.

You and I agree on something.

[Linked Image from wundergroundmusic.com]
Originally Posted by akasparky

I can assure you that is very little. But, with that being said, there are Commie plants on here who are trying to persuade the people that Russia is justified in what they're doing.
I 100% agree!

It's a little difficult to sort the commie plants from the scared sh_itless that think freedom comes for free.
But both are useless so it don't matter.
I 100% agree!

It's a little difficult to sort the commie plants from the scared sh_itless that think freedom comes for free.
But both are useless so it don't matter.

Freedom? Freedom to refer to someone by they/them? Freedom to be forced to treat someone who likes to dress up like a dog and get fricked up the arse as completely normal? Freedom to have men use the same bathroom as my 15 year old girl? Freedom to be told that as a white male I am responsible for all the world’s ills? Freedom to get locked away in a hell hole for over a year for lawful protest?
I can assure you that is very little. But, with that being said, there are Commie plants on here who are trying to persuade the people that Russia is justified in what they're doing.
Considering who is running our country and the near total censorship of information we receive how would we know which side is mostly wrong in this conflict? Why should we get all exercised over a corrupt country that has financed the worst elements in our country? If Ukraine was being extorted and blackmailed by Obama and Biden (which they were) they did not help Trump expose it. And they didn't say a word while Trump was being persecuted for trying to get information from them.
[bleep] Ukraine. They get what they get [bleep] Trump (and us) and for poking the bear. I hope every single damned one of them gets killed.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Why would you have an issue with a leader going into a country to remove an illegitimate government that was put in place by Barry Soetoro, Xiden, CIA, et al. after overthrowing a democratically elected government in a sovereign nation where illegal BioLabs were also being funded by us, and where NATO continued their push East they said they would not do?

Why are you supporting the illegalities of what Barry Soetoro and Xiden did?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

I know where I can get you a flyable P-51. Let me know how you did against ALL the SA-10s and other AAA that's around that convoy...

And BTW, to all of those, including our ill-informed media that think Stingers are the next best thing to the Berlin Flak Towers, they are only good up to around 7K feet altitude, so good luck when the SUs and MiGs roll in with PGMs or other stand off weapons with a "pickle" altitude > 7K....

PS: There is a reason we are retiring A-10s...

What about those of us that have a good memory of the past? Korea, that was helpful to the south Koreans, 36,516 died there. Vietnam and Cambodia are now both under communist control after 56,220 of ours died there. The Middle East which began with the first Bush 7111 died there and is anything improved over there? Ever since WWII our military has been held back from doing their job and it has gotten worse as time has passed. That's why many of us are opposed to our military getting involved over there. We also have one of the most incompetent, if not the most incompetent presidents in our history. Commander in Chief. What a joke. If you can't set a course in life based on facts and are only seeing and hearing the media version of Russia and the Ukraine you are only being misled. I would venture to say that if we needed either of them for our own good we'd be very disappointed. So why are there only two sides to this?
Yeah, we waited until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to get involved in that war too.
It's best we sit on our azzes and wait.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

No one ever wants to answer if we were justified in attacking another country to defend ours RE Cuba.

At this point the only clear thing is that you can rely on no news and nothing.
Yeah, we waited until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to get involved in that war too.
Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. What made relatively small island country desperate enough to attack a giant of a country? What did we accomplish in that war? Seeing as how we shortly and wisely relinquished the Philippines and sadly most of Asia and East Europe were under communism as a result of that war after 100s of MILLIONS of lives were destroyed. What have we ever gained by foreign military adventure? And don't ever believe we would have been invaded over here.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Didn't they read about sticky bombs in the field manual?
Originally Posted by Hastings
And don't ever believe we would have been invaded over here.

Exactly WTF do you call "over here"?

[Linked Image from socialstudies.thinkport.org]
Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. What made relatively small island country desperate enough to attack a giant of a country? What did we accomplish in that war? Seeing as how we shortly and wisely relinquished the Philippines and sadly most of Asia and East Europe were under communism as a result of that war after 100s of MILLIONS of lives were destroyed. What have we ever gained by foreign military adventure? And don't ever believe we would have been invaded over here.

Dictators invent and rationalize reasons in their own minds. They will continue to conquer until somebody or something stops them. History tells us that.

Last week Finland and Sweden took sides for the first time since WWII and condemned Russia, and sent arms to Ukraine. A few days later Russian military aircraft violated Finn airspace. In Adolf Putin's mind he now has rationalization......

As I have said before the parallels between post WWI Germany and post Iron Curtain Russia are remarkably similar, as were the tactics used by Hitler and Putin to gain and consolidate power.

We may not have another Pearl Harbor "moment" when the delineation is clear, instead like socialism, it just keeps creeping closer and closer until it's too late.
As i said in my first post on this subject, the very first thing you need to do is forget about Biden, Trump, Democrat, Republican, all of that crap. Just concentrate on what is happening in that part of the world, and in particular those countries who have the most to lose if something goes wrong. Vlad Putin is not a good guy, he is an evil dictator who has stuck true to his KGB roots, and I'm sure he loves Russia, just as Josef Stalin did. I think he also has a grand scheme in mind to take back what was once the old Soviet Union, and what better place to start than to gobble up Ukraine.

Europe has not been more unified since WW2, and even more so this time, as countries like Finland, Sweden, and even little old neutral Switzerland, have joined in as against Russia. This is somewhat historic, and it's because they know who Putin is and what he is capable of. So maybe Ukraine is a little corrupt.........show me a country in that part of the world that is not. You most certainly can't say Russia isn't because they are as corrupt as they come. Those countries that once lived under the rule of the old Soviet Union see very plainly what is happening, and they all want to see the Ruusians stopped.

I'll end by saying this........if Donald Trump had said "Putin bad, Ukraine good", half you sumbeeches would be over in the Ukraine right now fighting in the International Brigade, and the other half would be making Molotov cocktails for them to throw. You're trying to make political hay out of something that does not need to be. Ukraine is no threat to a Russia that wants to live in peace, and that's precisely it............Putin does not want to.
Lol

If jamesjr’s “analysis” is at all representative we as a nation are well and truly fûcked.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
As i said in my first post on this subject, the very first thing you need to do is forget about Biden, Trump, Democrat, Republican, all of that crap. Just concentrate on what is happening in that part of the world, and in particular those countries who have the most to lose if something goes wrong. Vlad Putin is not a good guy, he is an evil dictator who has stuck true to his KGB roots, and I'm sure he loves Russia, just as Josef Stalin did. I think he also has a grand scheme in mind to take back what was once the old Soviet Union, and what better place to start than to gobble up Ukraine.
I don't see anyone else fighting against Marxism, do you?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
It's time!

Let's roll!
As i said in my first post on this subject, the very first thing you need to do is forget about Biden, Trump, Democrat, Republican, all of that crap.

That is exactly what the democommies want us to do!

"Look at the campfire over there and forget about the house burning down over here"
Originally Posted by Rooster7
As i said in my first post on this subject, the very first thing you need to do is forget about Biden, Trump, Democrat, Republican, all of that crap.

"Look at the campfire over there and forget about the house burning down over here"

This is the guy who inherited a farm and then virtue signals about “making it on my own”

The only people trying to de-politicize this situation (which is impossible on its face) are them that ran down president Trump. Because even a mongoloid can see how bad Bidet has fûcked things up.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Rooster7

This is the guy who inherited a farm and then virtue signals about “making it on my own”

The only people trying to de-politicize this situation (which is impossible on its face) are them that ran down president Trump. Because even a mongoloid can see how bad Bidet has fûcked things up.

Exactly.
And don't ever believe we would have been invaded over here.

Exactly WTF do you call "over here"?

[Linked Image from socialstudies.thinkport.org]

Don't ever think the U.S. didn't push Japan into a desperate act. And I don't believe Hawaii was legally acquired but that mule has left the barn. FDR was itching for war and did everything he could to blockade and sanction Japan. In early 1941 FDR fired Admiral James Otto Richardson who rightly told him it was a crazy idea to headquarter the Pacific fleet in Hawaii. If it were up to me I would cut loose Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
If it was back in my days, we'd be planting some 55-gallon drums of jelled oil across the roads in places it would be hard to go around, not to mention a few strategic bridges.

Phil
Lol

If jamesjr’s “analysis” is at all representative we as a nation are well and truly fûcked.

Well, his analysis doesn't contain any cockamamie conspiracies, so it 's already quite a ways ahead..........

You're not getting it. Do you actually believe this administration is going to not tie our military's hands behind it's back if we get involved? Just look at the past. Also do you think biden is the kind of leader that's going to look out for our best interest?
If we do wind up getting involved in this, it will be NATO in the lead and mostly EU military's in front.

Phil

Europe has not been more unified since WW2, and even more so this time, as countries like Finland, Sweden, and even little old neutral Switzerland, have joined in as against Russia. This is somewhat historic, and it's because they know who Putin is and what he is capable of. So maybe Ukraine is a little corrupt.........show me a country in that part of the world that is not. You most certainly can't say Russia isn't because they are as corrupt as they come. Those countries that once lived under the rule of the old Soviet Union see very plainly what is happening, and they all want to see the Ruusians stopped.

I'll end by saying this........if Donald Trump had said "Putin bad, Ukraine good", half you sumbeeches would be over in the Ukraine right now fighting in the International Brigade, and the other half would be making Molotov cocktails for them to throw. You're trying to make political hay out of something that does not need to be. Ukraine is no threat to a Russia that wants to live in peace, and that's precisely it............Putin does not want to.

You have hit the nail on the head. If Trump were commander in chief 100 % yes. We would go to win. Trump had a track record of looking out for our nation. biden has a track record of stabbing us in the back. It makes a difference.
The only thing trump was interested in was selling our nation... that and climbing into bed with putin, xi, and little kim for a friendly game of playing with twinkies!

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
The only thing trump was interested in was selling our nation... that and climbing into bed with putin, xi, and little kim for a friendly game of playing with twinkies!

Phil

Go try and sell that puke to anyone associated with manufacturing you clueless idiot.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Right. This article (https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/why-the-russians-are-struggling/), though 8 days old, explains in detail how poor the poorly-trained Russian troops, on the whole, are in executing offensive operations. It explains how they negatively contrast to the USMC’s effective tactical doctrine of ground offensive operations. Essentially, the Russians, often with no more than two months of training, nervously and exclusively fight from inside their vehicles without risking engaging in coordinated infantry-armor operations pushing rapidly and violently toward and through enemy infantry positions. So, they just get blown up in their vehicles in which they are hiding. If you’re interested in that tactical deficiency in Russian offensive ground operations skip down to the paragraph in the article that begins with “Finally, and in my opinion, most glaringly, there is the tactical level. …"
Posted By: rte Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by Greyghost = GayGhost
The only thing President Trump was interested in was saving our nation... that and climbing on the ass of putin, xi, and little kim for a friendly game of diplomacy that kept them in check.!

Lolololololololololololololol !

You know you're right when certain posters on here tell you that you're wrong. They might see the truth as well if they'd take their blinders off and put their hearing aids in.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Lol

Tulsi voter.
biden is a far great threat to our nation that Putin ever will be.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Right. This article (https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/why-the-russians-are-struggling/), though 8 days old, explains in detail how poor the poorly-trained Russian troops, on the whole, are in executing offensive operations. It explains how they negatively contrast to the USMC’s effective tactical doctrine of ground offensive operations. Essentially, the Russians, often with no more than two months of training, nervously and exclusively fight from inside their vehicles without risking engaging in coordinated infantry-armor operations pushing rapidly and violently toward and through enemy infantry positions. So, they just get blown up in their vehicles in which they are hiding. If you’re interested in that tactical deficiency in Russian offensive ground operations skip down to the paragraph in the article that begins with “Finally, and in my opinion, most glaringly, there is the tactical level. …"

My money is on Russia

Phil

JFC you are one stupid SOB.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Supposedly all their ‘tars’ are flat….can’t move!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

Phil

NOBODY can be this stupid. No wait...
You know you're right when certain posters on here tell you that you're wrong. They might see the truth as well if they'd take their blinders off and put their hearing aids in.

They are drinking the kool-aid and spiraling down a deep dark hole.

It's the propaganda web based information sites they continually quote making them feel as if the more anti-American you are the better off you'll be.

They immediately default to name calling and other petty attempts to run off anyone that opposes them because their message can't withstand mature adult debate.

They prefer to echo the same propaganda based message back and forth to each other to confirm their stance is just and correct.
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

No true. The A-10 weapons platform has proven to be the most effective, deadliest CAS and armor killing weapons platforms in history. I worked with them for many years... in, and out of theater.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
[quote=JoeBob]The Russians have the best mobile air defense missile systems in the world. I’m sure they have none of them with that column. Lol

Exactly, if that long...
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22

No true. The A-10 weapons platform has proven to be the most effective, deadliest CAS and armor killing weapons platforms in history. I worked with them for many years... in, and out of theater.

For sure, but can they operate effectively and survive without an air supremacy umbrella? To my knowledge, in every instance where we have deployed A-10s, we have done so effectively, but with complete and dominant air supremacy. In other words, our A-10s always were firing at ground targets while being completely protected from above. I fear that this would not be the case in Ukraine, unless we intervened in the air-to-air campaign.
Posted By: wade brown Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
The column is going to need resupply soon, fuel for men and machines, go upstream of the column and take out the resupply as they will not be armored as heavily if at all since the russians are using civilian vehicles for much of their logistics support.

Mud and no fuel will cause serious problems out in the open. The Javelins will be extremely effective when the column enters Kiev.
Posted By: Texson2 Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/04/22
Why didn’t the Ukrainians blow up all the bridges?
Just today 3 SU-25 Frogfoot shoot down... maybe more, but at least 3 I have seen photos of.
And a rescue helicopter trying to pick up pilot.

Thats RU main CAS plane I belive?
Stingers must have reached front lines now.

And the Muddy season is just beginning now...
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

You're not getting it. Do you actually believe this administration is going to not tie our military's hands behind it's back if we get involved? Just look at the past. Also do you think biden is the kind of leader that's going to look out for our best interest?

That is a point that if we get involved it might be with one arm tied behind our back. But this can be limited to some extent. A no fly zone in the Western half of Ukraine would make things easier for the Ukes.

As GG says NATO would be in the lead (although NATO snowflakes might be worse than Biden). I propose we put the Poles in charge, they know Poland is on Putin's short list.
Posted By: swiftshot Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

That was funny.
Posted By: swiftshot Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22
Russia would send a cruise missile to any spot an enemy plane originated from.
Posted By: windridge Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22
Originally Posted by swiftshot

Not if we did a preemptive strike and turned your boss to glass. It's coming Putin stooge.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

Those fellows I know who have been on the ground much prefered the F-15E Strike Eagle or at night time the AC-130.

A-10s have short legs and very poor SA due to no SAR radar or limited flir targeting pods.

The A-10 is high in neato points but the big gun is pretty limited in a world of MANPADS and S-400s.
biden is a far great threat to our nation that Putin ever will be.

100%
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

Phil

And hunter and his dad haven't sold out our country.......you brainless Idiot!!
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22
Originally Posted by swiftshot

Given the Russians current performance, maybe not.

Also where a individual aircraft is high enough to appear on radar can be some distance from where it actually originated from.
Russians don't have access to satellite surveillance? Or even Google Earth?
Posted By: 79S Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

Phil

Under trump we were an exporter of oil. Under Biden (your boy) we aren’t. Under trump no countries were lost to enemies of this country. Under your boy Biden it’s going to be two.
Posted By: 79S Re: Russian Armored Column - 03/05/22

You forgot while waiving papa 1911
Posted By: ribka Re: Russian Armored Column - 06/30/22
Originally Posted by abbydog
We had an A 10 squadron at the Connecticut Air National Guard and i would always look skyward when they were flying in and out of Bradley IAP. I had a birds eye view from my house. Now those boys can lay waste to that column in short order.

This aged well. So the CT Air Guard is going to fly over to Ukraine, through multiple Russian air defense systems , and destroy Russian armored vehicles?

Is everyone this dumb in Connecticut?
Posted By: ribka Re: Russian Armored Column - 06/30/22
James still supporting pedophile Zelenskiy? Not surprised

© 24hourcampfire