Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
I just got home from a candlelight vigil for an elderly lady near here. I'd met her once. She was in her late 80's, a military widow, in very poor health, and living with her daughter's family. Last week her body was found dumped in the snow in the mountains about 50 miles from home. The autopsy isn't finished yet so there's no known cause of death. There are many unknowns or at least the police haven't released any info yet. She might well have died of natural causes but even so, what kind of POS would haul her up in the mountains and just dump her body? She sure didn't get there by herself. For 1 thing, she couldn't drive. A lot of people are very upset over this.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Wow. I have no words for a family that would do that to their own.
Posted By: Springcove Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Damn. That’s awful.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
From what I've heard, her body wasn't hidden. It was along side a trail and covered with a blanket. Some hikers saw it and picked up the blanket to find her under it. Would her family be stupid enough to leave her where they know she would be found? The whole thing is strange. I wish I knew more.
Posted By: reivertom Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
A person who would do that, is capable of anything.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Be sure and let us know how this plays out please
The newspaper here has a bad habit of never telling the rest of the story. They'll print the start of an accident, crime, or whatever, then drop it. I might never get the full story.
Posted By: funshooter Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
I had a work friend that just before Christmas was found in his home laying on the floor with blunt force head trauma no longer with us.
his Truck was found several city's away abandoned.

His oldest son is now in Jail for murder charges.
There are some real Sick people walking this earth.
Posted By: GreggH Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
For someone to cover her with a blanket they knew her. That is just awful. Can’t imagine doing another human being like that.

GreggH
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22

Ubusate - a Japanese tradition . . .
The longer I live, the more I hear of stories like this sad one.
I think there are more psychopaths than there ever has been in our lifetime.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Tell you what, I got a corpse stinkin up the place that sumbitch is going for a ride. It don't matter at that point she ain't there anyhow.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The newspaper here has a bad habit of never telling the rest of the story. They'll print the start of an accident, crime, or whatever, then drop it. I might never get the full story.

I had to look at your profile to make sure we don’t live in the same town!!
My boys have been instructed to take me for "a walk in the snow" should I ever wind up in the same condition as my mom did. I'm not saying it's so in this case, but sometimes dying from hypothermia really beats living out the rest of your natural life.

What we've yet to figure out is how they can do so without legal consequences.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Rock Chuck: That is indeed sad! And a terrible indictment of todays society - who on earth would do that to a homebound nearly 90 year old woman?
The cynic and skeptic in me immediately jumped to a possible scenario - a relative who may or may not be on her bank accounts and who wants her social security checks to keep rollin in???
Who knows though - certainly not me.
Still a shame for your community and her!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Tyrone Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Maybe they were looking for a free burial?
Posted By: BangPop Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Wow. I have no words for a family that would do that to their own.

You've solved the mystery and know that it was her family that did it? Pretty big assumption on your part.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
I am awaiting your acceptance or rejection of my bet/wager.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by Tyrone

In some states the deceased can be buried by family without embalming on their private property within 24 hours after issue of death certificate. Check your state codes.
Posted By: BangPop Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t have clue what happened. The thing is that in the USA we are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Something that you, as a former LEO, should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
I'm with VarmintGuy. Covering her with a blanket indicates someone that at least new her and felt bad about their behavior. I don't know if family did it but for sure they are major suspects in this activity. Regardless, this whole thing is pretty poor, and and whoever is involved, deserves sure and harsh punishment.
Posted By: rem141r Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
regardless of circumstances, the person who did that needs hung by his feet and gutted like a cow.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
From what I've heard, her body wasn't hidden. It was along side a trail and covered with a blanket. Some hikers saw it and picked up the blanket to find her under it. Would her family be stupid enough to leave her where they know she would be found? The whole thing is strange. I wish I knew more.

On the contrary I suspect that's exactly what they would do. It was probably hard enough for them to take her out there.
Posted By: BradinVA Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Posted By: Ringman Re: A real anal parasite - 03/13/22
Originally Posted by BangPop
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may. be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t ha e clue what happened. The thin is that in the USA we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Something that you as a former LEO should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.

If innocent why are they arrested?
Until the autopsy is finished, the only known crime would be illegally dumping the body. She was in real poor health and most likely died of natural causes.
Posted By: goalie Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by BangPop
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may. be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t ha e clue what happened. The thin is that in the USA we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Something that you as a former LEO should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.

If innocent why are they arrested?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
I did not read all the posts but I don't think it will take long till they find whoever did this. When they do it would be nice if he died of lead poisoning right quick!!
Posted By: Muffin Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
Until the autopsy is finished, the only known crime would be illegally dumping the body. She was in real poor health and most likely died of natural causes.

Was she dead before she got to the woods????

My grandmother was so frustrated she threatened to 'throw herself in the canal' - all knowing she couldn't swim! Was she serious??? Not sure. She died in her bed!

My mother, seemed fine Christmas day, this past January, she stopped eating and drinking, developed Sepsis, admitted one day, life support the next, took her off LS and she passed 25 minutes later......

Grandad was laying in the bed he was going to die in, asked grandma 'why is this taking so long?'

Maybe the lady had had enough!!
Posted By: HitnRun Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Where in the world is $20.00 a bet? Make a real bet out of it and wager more than a cup of Latte.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by Muffin

Was she dead before she got to the woods????

My grandmother was so frustrated she threatened to 'throw herself in the canal' - all knowing she couldn't swim! Was she serious??? Not sure. She died in her bed!

My mother, seemed fine Christmas day, this past January, she stopped eating and drinking, developed Sepsis, admitted one day, life support the next, took her off LS and she passed 25 minutes later......

Grandad was laying in the bed he was going to die in, asked grandma 'why is this taking so long?'

Maybe the lady had had enough!!

Like I said, the autopsy isn't completed.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
I just read that the police are calling it a homicide. No other info given.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
bangpop: Well YOU (and a lot of other people!) are citing that bit of "wisdom" incorrectly at that.
THE GOVERNMENT can not punish you until you are found guilty!
You absolutely CAN judge people on your observations, circumstantial evidence and firsthand experiences!
I have done it successfully for way over half a century now!
Yeah "I" am "assuming" someone in the family definitely had something to do with the 90 year old being taken up by "someone" and then being removed from the house she and her family lived in and getting taken 50 miles from her and her families dwelling and somehow her getting dead and then somehow someone was kind enough to place a blanket over her whilst they deposited her there in the snow bank!
Sheesh man are you that stupid/oblivious?
If you are so sure of your contention (that the family had nothing to do with her abduction, transportation, death and attempt to hide her remains) then just pony up the $20.00 wager and lets wait for the outcome.
I'm willing - are you?
Maybe your head is better off up your ass?
bangpop it just stretches credulity that an unknown criminal would get into the family home, pack up granny with no one noticing put granny in a car (or on a snowmobile) drive granny 50 (FIFTY!) miles risking getting stopped by the POH-lice while doing so and then take the time to place granny on a snow bank and cover her up with a blanket!
To WHAT end would those actions and various acts of criminality profit a criminal??
Again wake up and smell the roses.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: A real anal parasite - 03/14/22
Hitnrun: Same offer is extended to you!
Or do you have a larger wager in mind?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
bangpop: Well YOU (and a lot of other people!) are citing that bit of "wisdom" incorrectly at that.
You absolutely CAN judge people on your observations, circumstantial evidence and firsthand experiences!
Yeah "I" am "assuming" someone in the family definitely had something to do with the 90 year old being taken up by "someone" and then being removed from the house she and her family lived in and getting taken 50 miles from her and her families dwelling and somehow her getting dead and then somehow someone was kind enough to place a blanket over her whilst they deposited her there in the snow bank!
If you are so sure of your contention (that the family had nothing to do with her abduction, transportation, death and attempt to hide her remains) then just pony up the $20.00 wager and lets wait for the outcome.
I'm willing - are you?
bangpop it just stretches credulity that an unknown criminal would get into the family home, pack up granny with no one noticing put granny in a car (or on a snowmobile) drive granny 50 (FIFTY!) miles risking getting stopped by the POH-lice while doing so and then take the time to place granny on a snow bank and cover her up with a blanket!
To WHAT end would those actions and various acts of criminality profit a criminal??
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

An 89 year old woman doesn't just 'become missing' from home without someone noticing. If she's wandered off, it's normal to contact the police. This wasn't done. The police didn't know she was gone until her body was found. I don't know how many days later that was.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22

Be my guess also, could be as simple as not having the financial resources to do what is right. Time you add the ambulance fee to pick her up, coroner report and cremation fees. 2-3k some people need everything they got just to make it 1 paycheck to the next. It's damn sure going to get worse too....mb
Posted By: BangPop Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
I'm willing - are you?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Take a [bleep] chill pill you stupid bastard. I didn't deny that it may have been her family that did the dirty deed. You might want to pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass and read what I wrote. I clearly said "You may be right, or you may be completely wrong." I never denied that it's possible that the family was responsible. Then again they may not be involved at all. None of us have a clue who did what in this case. ESPECIALLY NOT YOU. You may think that your years in law enforcement makes you infallible, but again you don't have any evidence that suggests any person is more responsible than another. As I said before, you don't know $hit about this case. Neither do I. If I had to handicap the odds, I would say the highest probability is that the family is responsible. But I'm not stupid enough to jump to a conclusion and blame the family without any evidence. Completely the opposite of you.
Posted By: DMc Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Really... This is an argument?
Posted By: skfullen Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Yes. That's the way people behave now that society has devolved.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Originally Posted by DMc
Really... This is an argument?

It's the fire.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
I thought this thread was gonna be about Elkslayer91........
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Could have been in accordance with her wishes, presuming she was of sound mind.

I think many here would prefer to die outside in the woods.

I have read here that a surprising number of people wander off in our National Parks every year for that very reason.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Be my guess also, could be as simple as not having the financial resources to do what is right. Time you add the ambulance fee to pick her up, coroner report and cremation fees. 2-3k some people need everything they got just to make it 1 paycheck to the next. It's damn sure going to get worse too....mb
When my wife died 15 years ago, there was no ambulance. We had a hospice nurse who signed the death certificate and called the funeral home. They came and got her. With someone as old as this lady, most likely she's under hospice care. That makes it far easier as they can handle all the paper work.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
My boys have been instructed to take me for "a walk in the snow" should I ever wind up in the same condition as my mom did. I'm not saying it's so in this case, but sometimes dying from hypothermia really beats living out the rest of your natural life.

Let me know if you ever get that figured out.

I'm just hoping when and if the time comes, I still have the ability to tell the wife I'm going hunting, put an X on a map or tell her what section I'm in, then head to a completely different area so it takes them awhile to figure it out,

Maybe by that time the critters will have eaten me down to bones that don't need embalming.
Posted By: windridge Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Posted By: Seafire Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
when my time comes... I wouldn't fault my family taking me out into the forest in the snow, it being winter time and covering me with a blanket...

I don't want to be buried and I don't want to die wasting away slowly in some hospital bed... I'd rather pass outside in God's world, than in some damn hospital or nursing home bed...

The body is just a vehicle for the soul....when its finally worn out.... the soul moves on to be part of God's world.

Foul play or not.. May the dear women be resting in peace.

We all should be so lucky.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22
Tell you what, I got a corpse stinkin up the place that sumbitch is going for a ride. It don't matter at that point she ain't there anyhow.

Saved for posterity...
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Let me know if you ever get that figured out.

I'm just hoping when and if the time comes, I still have the ability to tell the wife I'm going hunting, put an X on a map or tell her what section I'm in, then head to a completely different area so it takes them awhile to figure it out,

Maybe by that time the critters will have eaten me down to bones that don't need embalming.
Funerals are for the living, not the dead. They help get closure. I would never do that to my family. It would be brutal for them.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: A real anal parasite - 03/15/22

A jug, a stump to sit on and a big snow storm don't sound too bad. But do it your self, and establish a habit of that behavior.
Posted By: BangPop Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
What ever happened with this cluster fugg? Who got charged with leaving Granny out in the woods under a blanket?
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
Without reading all the posts I can say I don’t know the lady or her family .
As to why they were arrested ?
Doesn’t really need explaining , but being arrested doesn’t mean quilty .
Could be that was the lady’s wishes , have often said I want to be set in remote area of mountains and left alone .
Could be a fugkdd up family .
Who knows ?
Everybody doesn’t fancy a conventional funeral .
Kenneth
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
As I figured would happen, the newspaper hasn't followed up. They reported 0n March 3 that it was a homicide and that's the end of it. No report of arrests, cause of death, nothing.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22

We just lost a good friend to cancer last month. He dealt with it for 15 years. It really took a toll on him and finally it got him. He always said there is a fate worse than death. He lived in hell for 15 years. I sure miss him but I tend to think he is right. None the less, dropping someone off in a snow bank is unacceptable.

kwg
Posted By: akasparky Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
It'll be easily solved.
Just look to see who's been cashing her SS checks and draining her bank accounts.
Posted By: JeffA Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
It happens.
This one was a few years back near me.(he got 15 years)

Grandson buried 79 year old Grandmother in the woods

Just read about this one yesterday

Man charged with putting Grandmother in freezer
Posted By: Sheister Re: A real anal parasite - 04/18/22
This one is a head scratcher for sure.. the fact granny was found in the snow a long ways from home with a blanket over her body is almost endearing, but also so infuriating as to be intolerable to most people. Add in the fact that no one reported her missing as though she just went for a walk that day and didn't come back points the finger at the most involved people in her life- her caretakers... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out IMO....

In my case I told my kids I wanted to be cremated.... they made an appointment for next Tuesday...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 07/08/22
Followup: I know some were interested.
The police have about finished their investigation. She was killed at her home and their prime suspect, who they haven't named, has committed suicide. The suspect was identified from DNA and video. That's all they're saying at this point, which isn't much. Since they won't name the suspect, I wonder if he/she was a teenager. If their suspect was the killer, the state has saved a bundle in trial and prison costs. I'm looking for a delivery address for those who would like to donate some slow burning coal to hell's fire tender.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
Thanks RC.

I am certain there must be more than one party complicit, if Granny lived in a home with more than just the killer.

There is no mention of a missing persons report. Granny was gone for how long before discovery?

As has been mentioned, how long have SS, pension checks, .gov assistance, food stamps etc been coming in and have such funds been utilized?

In other thoughts, many of us here have expressed sincere wishes to depart this mortal coil in a favorite wilderness setting. Though none have expressed the desire to be murdered at home and then be unceremoniously dumped in the wilderness.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
I could see and understand, maybe even desire a fate of being left in the woods if I was dying a slow, miserable death. It turns out that wasn’t the case here.
I’m betting that the killer either wanted to end it for grandma out of pity, or was at their wits end taking care of her, or both. Grandma might have even wanted it. Who knows?

I think you may be right about the suspect being a child, RC. While they may not have wanted to be caught, they may not have had the brains or physical ability to put grandma in a more remote location.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
I think you may be right about the suspect being a child, RC. While they may not have wanted to be caught, they may not have had the brains or physical ability to put grandma in a more remote location.
Ross Falls, near where she was found, is near a winter sports area. She was left near the trail. To get her away from the trail in Feb would require snow shoes and it's too steep for even that. Dumping her in a remote location where she would be unlikely to be found would have been an easy task as we have thousands of square miles of desert below the snow line. In Feb, the roads would all be frozen and passable. It would also have been a lot shorter drive to the desert from Buhl than to Ross Falls. If they were trying to hide her, the falls just don't make sense.
Posted By: las Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22

I wouldn't mind being disposed of that way. I'd be dead, for one thing, but being chow for the coyotes and worms isn't objectionable to me. be dead!

Burial in the ground came about probably because of stink and disease, at least partially. Cremation isn't a bad option- cheaper than those expensive caskets and services.

Actually, in Alaska one can bury the dead themselves in their back yard if they wish. I know people that have done it, making the casket out of plywood.

Being unwillingly helped along the way is another matter altogether.
Even being dumped way out in the desert or mountains isn't a sure way to dispose of a corpse. Last year a hunter in Idaho found a bowhunter who was killed by a large falling rock. He'd been missing for 52 years.
Posted By: Steve Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
If you're in the permafrost area you could get dug up for family reunions.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
Even being dumped way out in the desert or mountains isn't a sure way to dispose of a corpse. Last year a hunter in Idaho found a bowhunter who was killed by a large falling rock. He'd been missing for 52 years.

I remember you or someone starting a thread about that. Incredible story. Falling rock while hunting. That ain’t so bad.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
In some states the deceased can be buried by family without embalming on their private property within 24 hours after issue of death certificate. Check your state codes.

Happy Camper FTW...

K-Mart "Blue Light Special"...

...or "Blue Hair Special"
Well, it might not be so bad if he died instantly. I'd sure hate to lie there under a huge rock for several days.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: A real anal parasite - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by las

I wouldn't mind being disposed of that way. I'd be dead, for one thing, but being chow for the coyotes and worms isn't objectionable to me. be dead!

Burial in the ground came about probably because of stink and disease, at least partially. Cremation isn't a bad option- cheaper than those expensive caskets and services.

Actually, in Alaska one can bury the dead themselves in their back yard if they wish. I know people that have done it, making the casket out of plywood.

Being unwillingly helped along the way is another matter altogether.

Concur... I would be 100% OK getting dropped in the ocean to feed some fish and crabs.
© 24hourcampfire