Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm with VarmintGuy. Covering her with a blanket indicates someone that at least new her and felt bad about their behavior. I don't know if family did it but for sure they are major suspects in this activity. Regardless, this whole thing is pretty poor, and and whoever is involved, deserves sure and harsh punishment.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
regardless of circumstances, the person who did that needs hung by his feet and gutted like a cow.

My diploma is a DD214
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From what I've heard, her body wasn't hidden. It was along side a trail and covered with a blanket. Some hikers saw it and picked up the blanket to find her under it. Would her family be stupid enough to leave her where they know she would be found? The whole thing is strange. I wish I knew more.

On the contrary I suspect that's exactly what they would do. It was probably hard enough for them to take her out there.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
I am awaiting your acceptance or rejection of my bet/wager.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may. be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t ha e clue what happened. The thin is that in the USA we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Something that you as a former LEO should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.

If innocent why are they arrested?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Until the autopsy is finished, the only known crime would be illegally dumping the body. She was in real poor health and most likely died of natural causes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by BangPop
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may. be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t ha e clue what happened. The thin is that in the USA we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Something that you as a former LEO should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.

If innocent why are they arrested?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did not read all the posts but I don't think it will take long till they find whoever did this. When they do it would be nice if he died of lead poisoning right quick!!

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Until the autopsy is finished, the only known crime would be illegally dumping the body. She was in real poor health and most likely died of natural causes.

Was she dead before she got to the woods????

My grandmother was so frustrated she threatened to 'throw herself in the canal' - all knowing she couldn't swim! Was she serious??? Not sure. She died in her bed!

My mother, seemed fine Christmas day, this past January, she stopped eating and drinking, developed Sepsis, admitted one day, life support the next, took her off LS and she passed 25 minutes later......

Grandad was laying in the bed he was going to die in, asked grandma 'why is this taking so long?'

Maybe the lady had had enough!!

Last edited by Muffin; 03/13/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Where in the world is $20.00 a bet? Make a real bet out of it and wager more than a cup of Latte.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Muffin

Was she dead before she got to the woods????

My grandmother was so frustrated she threatened to 'throw herself in the canal' - all knowing she couldn't swim! Was she serious??? Not sure. She died in her bed!

My mother, seemed fine Christmas day, this past January, she stopped eating and drinking, developed Sepsis, admitted one day, life support the next, took her off LS and she passed 25 minutes later......

Grandad was laying in the bed he was going to die in, asked grandma 'why is this taking so long?'

Maybe the lady had had enough!!

Like I said, the autopsy isn't completed.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just read that the police are calling it a homicide. No other info given.

― George Orwell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
bangpop: Well YOU (and a lot of other people!) are citing that bit of "wisdom" incorrectly at that.
THE GOVERNMENT can not punish you until you are found guilty!
You absolutely CAN judge people on your observations, circumstantial evidence and firsthand experiences!
I have done it successfully for way over half a century now!
Yeah "I" am "assuming" someone in the family definitely had something to do with the 90 year old being taken up by "someone" and then being removed from the house she and her family lived in and getting taken 50 miles from her and her families dwelling and somehow her getting dead and then somehow someone was kind enough to place a blanket over her whilst they deposited her there in the snow bank!
Sheesh man are you that stupid/oblivious?
If you are so sure of your contention (that the family had nothing to do with her abduction, transportation, death and attempt to hide her remains) then just pony up the $20.00 wager and lets wait for the outcome.
I'm willing - are you?
Maybe your head is better off up your ass?
bangpop it just stretches credulity that an unknown criminal would get into the family home, pack up granny with no one noticing put granny in a car (or on a snowmobile) drive granny 50 (FIFTY!) miles risking getting stopped by the POH-lice while doing so and then take the time to place granny on a snow bank and cover her up with a blanket!
To WHAT end would those actions and various acts of criminality profit a criminal??
Again wake up and smell the roses.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hitnrun: Same offer is extended to you!
Or do you have a larger wager in mind?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
bangpop: Well YOU (and a lot of other people!) are citing that bit of "wisdom" incorrectly at that.
You absolutely CAN judge people on your observations, circumstantial evidence and firsthand experiences!
Yeah "I" am "assuming" someone in the family definitely had something to do with the 90 year old being taken up by "someone" and then being removed from the house she and her family lived in and getting taken 50 miles from her and her families dwelling and somehow her getting dead and then somehow someone was kind enough to place a blanket over her whilst they deposited her there in the snow bank!
If you are so sure of your contention (that the family had nothing to do with her abduction, transportation, death and attempt to hide her remains) then just pony up the $20.00 wager and lets wait for the outcome.
I'm willing - are you?
bangpop it just stretches credulity that an unknown criminal would get into the family home, pack up granny with no one noticing put granny in a car (or on a snowmobile) drive granny 50 (FIFTY!) miles risking getting stopped by the POH-lice while doing so and then take the time to place granny on a snow bank and cover her up with a blanket!
To WHAT end would those actions and various acts of criminality profit a criminal??
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

An 89 year old woman doesn't just 'become missing' from home without someone noticing. If she's wandered off, it's normal to contact the police. This wasn't done. The police didn't know she was gone until her body was found. I don't know how many days later that was.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Maybe they were looking for a free burial?

Be my guess also, could be as simple as not having the financial resources to do what is right. Time you add the ambulance fee to pick her up, coroner report and cremation fees. 2-3k some people need everything they got just to make it 1 paycheck to the next. It's damn sure going to get worse too....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I'm willing - are you?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Take a [bleep] chill pill you stupid bastard. I didn't deny that it may have been her family that did the dirty deed. You might want to pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass and read what I wrote. I clearly said "You may be right, or you may be completely wrong." I never denied that it's possible that the family was responsible. Then again they may not be involved at all. None of us have a clue who did what in this case. ESPECIALLY NOT YOU. You may think that your years in law enforcement makes you infallible, but again you don't have any evidence that suggests any person is more responsible than another. As I said before, you don't know $hit about this case. Neither do I. If I had to handicap the odds, I would say the highest probability is that the family is responsible. But I'm not stupid enough to jump to a conclusion and blame the family without any evidence. Completely the opposite of you.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Really... This is an argument?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes. That's the way people behave now that society has devolved.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
Really... This is an argument?

It's the fire.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,903
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.