Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just got home from a candlelight vigil for an elderly lady near here. I'd met her once. She was in her late 80's, a military widow, in very poor health, and living with her daughter's family. Last week her body was found dumped in the snow in the mountains about 50 miles from home. The autopsy isn't finished yet so there's no known cause of death. There are many unknowns or at least the police haven't released any info yet. She might well have died of natural causes but even so, what kind of POS would haul her up in the mountains and just dump her body? She sure didn't get there by herself. For 1 thing, she couldn't drive. A lot of people are very upset over this.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. I have no words for a family that would do that to their own.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Damn. That’s awful.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
From what I've heard, her body wasn't hidden. It was along side a trail and covered with a blanket. Some hikers saw it and picked up the blanket to find her under it. Would her family be stupid enough to leave her where they know she would be found? The whole thing is strange. I wish I knew more.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A person who would do that, is capable of anything.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Be sure and let us know how this plays out please

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The newspaper here has a bad habit of never telling the rest of the story. They'll print the start of an accident, crime, or whatever, then drop it. I might never get the full story.

― George Orwell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had a work friend that just before Christmas was found in his home laying on the floor with blunt force head trauma no longer with us.
his Truck was found several city's away abandoned.

His oldest son is now in Jail for murder charges.
There are some real Sick people walking this earth.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For someone to cover her with a blanket they knew her. That is just awful. Can’t imagine doing another human being like that.

GreggH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ubusate - a Japanese tradition . . .

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The longer I live, the more I hear of stories like this sad one.
I think there are more psychopaths than there ever has been in our lifetime.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/13/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell you what, I got a corpse stinkin up the place that sumbitch is going for a ride. It don't matter at that point she ain't there anyhow.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The newspaper here has a bad habit of never telling the rest of the story. They'll print the start of an accident, crime, or whatever, then drop it. I might never get the full story.

I had to look at your profile to make sure we don’t live in the same town!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My boys have been instructed to take me for "a walk in the snow" should I ever wind up in the same condition as my mom did. I'm not saying it's so in this case, but sometimes dying from hypothermia really beats living out the rest of your natural life.

What we've yet to figure out is how they can do so without legal consequences.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: That is indeed sad! And a terrible indictment of todays society - who on earth would do that to a homebound nearly 90 year old woman?
The cynic and skeptic in me immediately jumped to a possible scenario - a relative who may or may not be on her bank accounts and who wants her social security checks to keep rollin in???
Who knows though - certainly not me.
Still a shame for your community and her!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe they were looking for a free burial?

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Wow. I have no words for a family that would do that to their own.

You've solved the mystery and know that it was her family that did it? Pretty big assumption on your part.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
I am awaiting your acceptance or rejection of my bet/wager.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Maybe they were looking for a free burial?

In some states the deceased can be buried by family without embalming on their private property within 24 hours after issue of death certificate. Check your state codes.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BangPop: Would YOU care to engage in a "gentlemans bet" regarding who was responsible for the 90 year old ladies being "deposited" in the snow 50 miles from where she lived with her family and then covered her with a blanket?
I will bet $20.00 (twenty dollars) cash that a member of her family was responsible for her abduction, transportation and depositing in the snow!
You would win the bet if anyone other than a family member is found guilty of somehow going into the families house, packing up granny, putting her in a vehicle (perhaps onto a snowmobile as its winter out here in the Rockies still), then driving granny 50 miles (fifty miles NOT a less risky 4 or 5 miles!) and depositing her and covering her with the blanket.
I feel strongly - and am willing to bet cash money - that a family member is/was involved in this incident.
I am awaiting your acceptance or rejection of my bet/wager.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You won’t get a bet from me. You may be right, or you may be completely wrong. The bottom line is that you don’t have clue what happened. The thing is that in the USA we are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Something that you, as a former LEO, should know better than anyone. You’re assuming someone in the family is guilty. That kind of assumptions are what gets cops in trouble and occasionally an innocent person dead.

Last edited by BangPop; 03/13/22.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,605
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.