Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Tell you what, I got a corpse stinkin up the place that sumbitch is going for a ride. It don't matter at that point she ain't there anyhow.

I wouldn't mind being disposed of that way. I'd be dead, for one thing, but being chow for the coyotes and worms isn't objectionable to me. be dead!

Burial in the ground came about probably because of stink and disease, at least partially. Cremation isn't a bad option- cheaper than those expensive caskets and services.

Actually, in Alaska one can bury the dead themselves in their back yard if they wish. I know people that have done it, making the casket out of plywood.

Being unwillingly helped along the way is another matter altogether.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Even being dumped way out in the desert or mountains isn't a sure way to dispose of a corpse. Last year a hunter in Idaho found a bowhunter who was killed by a large falling rock. He'd been missing for 52 years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're in the permafrost area you could get dug up for family reunions.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Even being dumped way out in the desert or mountains isn't a sure way to dispose of a corpse. Last year a hunter in Idaho found a bowhunter who was killed by a large falling rock. He'd been missing for 52 years.

I remember you or someone starting a thread about that. Incredible story. Falling rock while hunting. That ain’t so bad.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Maybe they were looking for a free burial?
In some states the deceased can be buried by family without embalming on their private property within 24 hours after issue of death certificate. Check your state codes.

Happy Camper FTW...

K-Mart "Blue Light Special"...

...or "Blue Hair Special"

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, it might not be so bad if he died instantly. I'd sure hate to lie there under a huge rock for several days.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Tell you what, I got a corpse stinkin up the place that sumbitch is going for a ride. It don't matter at that point she ain't there anyhow.

I wouldn't mind being disposed of that way. I'd be dead, for one thing, but being chow for the coyotes and worms isn't objectionable to me. be dead!

Burial in the ground came about probably because of stink and disease, at least partially. Cremation isn't a bad option- cheaper than those expensive caskets and services.

Actually, in Alaska one can bury the dead themselves in their back yard if they wish. I know people that have done it, making the casket out of plywood.

Being unwillingly helped along the way is another matter altogether.

Concur... I would be 100% OK getting dropped in the ocean to feed some fish and crabs.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (204guy, 222ND, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,116
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.