Home
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!
Only $6300++/month!! WHATTA deal....
Is that stucco or T-111?
Thats actually cheap compared to land out west
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!

Y'all need to accept the fact that you lost.
Prices are going up everywhere.

Nice chunk of land.
That’s only $5k and acre not counting the house and improvements.
Pretty darn good deal for these parts.
If only……..
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Is that stucco or T-111?

Stucco. This is not a framed house. These are formed 10" concrete walls with insulation on both sides. I can't speak more to it as I don't know construction. The owner selling the home built the house himself and was a contractor. He can answer any questions about the construction of the home. I know many of you scoff at the price. In the area where our primary residence is, housing prices right now are going for $300/sq ft. I can't believe the prices myself.
Over priced for a house built in those times. But the property is beautiful.

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.
Originally Posted by tzone

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.
Originally Posted by devnull
Is that stucco or T-111?

Stucco. This is not a framed house. These are formed 10" concrete walls with insulation on both sides. I can't speak more to it as I don't know construction. The owner selling the home built the house himself and was a contractor. He can answer any questions about the construction of the home. I know many of you scoff at the price. In the area where our primary residence is, housing prices right now are going for $300/sq ft. I can't believe the prices myself.

$300/sq ft and up is common in high demand areas now.
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.

Actually, I believe NY-NJ-MA-MD-IL-CA squirters will determine its value.
Originally Posted by IZH27

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

That's right. Things are a little different down here now. way back then yall had all the industry and enough food to last it through. If that same war happened today, with the same states participating in it, you bastards would be drinking sweet tea in new yorrk [bleep] within 6 months.

Really? You think Biden/Obama et al is WINNING?
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Is that stucco or T-111?

$300/sqft in Colorado buys you fixer upper starter home in CO. New homes here are now $500+ and premier areas like the mountains and ski hills, $800 is not unheard of. It's insane. $1.3 Million would get a nice home in the suburbs here. Typical 4 bed, 2 car garage and landscaped back yard. That piece of property is gorgeous, the house...not so much. If done right 10" CMU makes for an extremely strong building.
It isn't in a HOA, so many cucks here will not like it.
Only thing I can say is to buy more land than you
think you need as a buffer zone between any
neighbors. A few hundred yards looks like a lot
at first, but gets shorter quicker than you'd think.
Also, people moving from the suburbs will talk
louder than you'd think they would all the time
and wear out the roads
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/

You can't own land in Tennessee and have all ya teeth!!

It will sell...
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Is that stucco or T-111?

$300/sqft in Colorado buys you fixer upper starter home in CO. New homes here are now $500+ and premier areas like the mountains and ski hills, $800 is not unheard of. It's insane. $1.3 Million would get a nice home in the suburbs here. Typical 4 bed, 2 car garage and landscaped back yard. That piece of property is gorgeous, the house...not so much. If done right 10" CMU makes for an extremely strong building.

East California. Nothing new or noteworthy.

I looked at some $1.3M homes on a golf course when I was there 15 years ago that were 1700 sq ft. And they weren't even concrete block.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

It will sell...

No doubt..

$5K an acre? And not in some commie schithole? You betcha.
My neighbors are trying to sell their house on 20 acres for nearly the same amount. It's ridiculous how much prices are up.
That’s a damn good deal for the house and that much land on the plateau. Big South Fork / Pickett State Park are in your back yard. He could make $$ renting pasture land to all the crazy horse people who come from all over to ride in BSF.
I don't think that is a bad deal. The exterior of the house is not that inviting. No curb appeal. The inside looks good.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only $6300++/month!! WHATTA deal....

I have the opposite reaction, look at the location, amount of acres and size of home. Seems very reasonably priced, won’t do this in central southern WI, the land w/o the home will run you $1m. Someone will pay cash and pay 0/month in financing!
That’s a great buy.
Ya.... I live in central Wisconsin... That looks like a good buy for that much land with a house that big and nice...
Originally Posted by Jon_In_Va

Hell yeah, HOA's suck don't they Scott?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Big sticks house?

Overall a nice looking place and grounds and probably a fair price these days and times.

From viewing the inside photos of the house, though, curious why no real fireplace shown, especially in that type of home and also why the need for auxiliary heat sources -- small roll-around electric fake 'fireplace' heater in one photo and small wall mounted LP gas heater in another photo?
Originally Posted by Raferman

Big sticks house?

Raferman, no offense but I think you just may have completely underestimated Stick's financial capability.

Big sticks house?

Raferman, no offense but I think you just may have completely underestimated Stick's financial capability.

Spends it all on wares.
Hint

Big sticks house?

Spends it all on wares.
Hint

Not sure, but I don't think most folks would want to crack his diesel bill.

laugh
Originally Posted by BigNate
My neighbors are trying to sell their house on 20 acres for nearly the same amount. It's ridiculous how much prices are up.

It's less that prices are up, but more that money is becoming worthless.

Give it a year or two... and $1.3m will be considered peanuts.

Give it a year or two... and $1.3m will be considered peanuts.

Truest thing posted here in a long while.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only $6300++/month!!

If you don't have the cash in hand they aren't even going to look at your offer.
I’d bill doze the house.
Bull doze the 10”concrete tornado shelter?

yeah, how did that end up?

If you are a cash buyer or any kind of a buyer if you go without a home inspection you could get what you deserve. That is the height of ignorance and arrogance. No way would I EVER do that. Any agent that would encourage that needs to lose their license.

It will sell...

No doubt..

$5K an acre? And not in some commie schithole? You betcha.

Without a doubt. The only question is to whom?

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a Chicago ghetto and run your mouth?
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

If you are a cash buyer or any kind of a buyer if you go without a home inspection you could get what you deserve. That is the height of ignorance and arrogance. No way would I EVER do that. Any agent that would encourage that needs to lose their license.

If you can pay 1.3m cash, you don’t have to worry about repair costs.
Won't last long.
Originally Posted by Craigster

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a Chicago ghetto and run your mouth?

That’s an absolutely ignorant comparison. I’m not demeaning anyone in the ghetto.
Crossville is a nice area. My family lives there and the fishing is pretty good.
Actually, a unique house, ugly outside, but cool interior. I do not like the wooden decks or that u-shaped backside, as far as drainage goes . The outside depreciation on the stucco is not that bad to rectify , especially if I had 1.3 million to blow! Some repairs and landscaping and it would be a beauty!
I would take the $300k off the price to put towards something I'd be proud to look at when I drove in the driveway.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

You aren't capable of looking a house over and making your own determination? Seems like money wasted to me.

The term Yankee, in these days, doesn't necessarily mean you're from the north, nor does it have anything to do with the stupidest war in history...
That'a a house only a Yankee could love.

If I had about $3 million more 😂😂😂 sitting around,
I'd strongly consider retiring and calling you neighbor.

But, at 52 it ain't happening.
And looking at the direction the 401k went, the future don't look bright.
Don't usually pay it much attention, sure don't get exited or depressed,
but today I peeked.
And saw that it dropped over$30k, 1st quarter.
Couple that with inflation.
LETS GO BRANDON!
Originally Posted by gregintenn

You aren't capable of looking a house over and making your own determination? Seems like money wasted to me.

Most people don't have the equipment to do a plumbing inspection.

Do most people have any of the other specialized equipment home inspectors use?

Moisture meters? IR Cameras? Gas detectors? Radon monitors?

It seems more and more men lack the equipment to do those sorts of things.

As far as the no inspection goes, it is less a matter of ignorance / arrogance and more a matter of the fact that if your offer is contingent on an inspection the seller will pass it up for one that isn't. They aren't going to remediate anything because they don't have to.

Few people here have a clue what it takes to buy a house in the hotter markets right now.
Try to exercise the opt out from a failed inspection contingency without a licensed inspector's report.
It goes both ways.
If a seller will not accept your offer/contract with inspection contingency, well, there is usually something to hide.

The devil you know...

But in most states now, it is downright futile to attempt to sue for specific performance. Seller actions or buyer actions.

Originally Posted by Stickfight

It seems more and more men lack the equipment to do those sorts of things.

As far as the no inspection goes, it is less a matter of ignorance / arrogance and more a matter of the fact that if your offer is contingent on an inspection the seller will pass it up for one that isn't. They aren't going to remediate anything because they don't have to.

Few people here have a clue what it takes to buy a house in the hotter markets right now.

You're 100% correct.
Around here, $5K per acre would be a reasonable price for the dirt... Throw in 5K sq ft finished and 5K sq ft unfinished. No brainer. My money sez it sells fairly quickly...
© 24hourcampfire