Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bull doze the 10”concrete tornado shelter?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!

yeah, how did that end up?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by tzone
Over priced for a house built in those times. But the property is beautiful.

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.

If you are a cash buyer or any kind of a buyer if you go without a home inspection you could get what you deserve. That is the height of ignorance and arrogance. No way would I EVER do that. Any agent that would encourage that needs to lose their license.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by CashisKing
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/

It will sell...

No doubt..

$5K an acre? And not in some commie schithole? You betcha.

Without a doubt. The only question is to whom?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Some damyankee with more money than sense will buy that. At least there was an open season on them in the 1860's!

Y'all need to accept the fact that you lost.

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a Chicago ghetto and run your mouth?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Sold with no repairs tells me they don’t know how to remodel or got a crappy contractor the first time around. Easy pass.

Wrong. I won't go into personal details of these folks as they're solid upstanding individuals. He's an older Vietnam Veteran and his wife is elderly as well. I'd only hope to find another neighbor as solid as these folks.

To add: Folks are flooding the market here with cash offers and entering into bidding wars with other buyers. Lately, the theme is cash offer with no home inspection. The draw for TN is no income tax and more freedom than other states. I get it, your opinion is it's overpriced and everyone is entitled to their opinion; the market will determine its value.

If you are a cash buyer or any kind of a buyer if you go without a home inspection you could get what you deserve. That is the height of ignorance and arrogance. No way would I EVER do that. Any agent that would encourage that needs to lose their license.

If you can pay 1.3m cash, you don’t have to worry about repair costs.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Won't last long.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by IZH27

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a podunk Deep South town and say that?

Are you man enough to step out of your car in a Chicago ghetto and run your mouth?

That’s an absolutely ignorant comparison. I’m not demeaning anyone in the ghetto.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Crossville is a nice area. My family lives there and the fishing is pretty good.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Actually, a unique house, ugly outside, but cool interior. I do not like the wooden decks or that u-shaped backside, as far as drainage goes . The outside depreciation on the stucco is not that bad to rectify , especially if I had 1.3 million to blow! Some repairs and landscaping and it would be a beauty!

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would take the $300k off the price to put towards something I'd be proud to look at when I drove in the driveway.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

You aren't capable of looking a house over and making your own determination? Seems like money wasted to me.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The term Yankee, in these days, doesn't necessarily mean you're from the north, nor does it have anything to do with the stupidest war in history...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That'a a house only a Yankee could love.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For anyone interested in moving to Tennessee, our neighbors have put their place on the market. This property is priced to sell. It has ~280 mostly wooded acres with mature timber. The house is listed at 4,590 square feet but that only entails the upstairs. The downstairs is unfinished with equal sq. feet and is heated/cooled. There is also a small unfinished cabin on the property behind the house. Also behind the house is a nice lake with fish.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/812-Cobra-Dr-Crossville-TN-38572/2064262240_zpid/

If I had about $3 million more 😂😂😂 sitting around,
I'd strongly consider retiring and calling you neighbor.

But, at 52 it ain't happening.
And looking at the direction the 401k went, the future don't look bright.
Don't usually pay it much attention, sure don't get exited or depressed,
but today I peeked.
And saw that it dropped over$30k, 1st quarter.
Couple that with inflation.
LETS GO BRANDON!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn

You aren't capable of looking a house over and making your own determination? Seems like money wasted to me.

Most people don't have the equipment to do a plumbing inspection.

Do most people have any of the other specialized equipment home inspectors use?

Moisture meters? IR Cameras? Gas detectors? Radon monitors?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It seems more and more men lack the equipment to do those sorts of things.

As far as the no inspection goes, it is less a matter of ignorance / arrogance and more a matter of the fact that if your offer is contingent on an inspection the seller will pass it up for one that isn't. They aren't going to remediate anything because they don't have to.

Few people here have a clue what it takes to buy a house in the hotter markets right now.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Try to exercise the opt out from a failed inspection contingency without a licensed inspector's report.
It goes both ways.
If a seller will not accept your offer/contract with inspection contingency, well, there is usually something to hide.

The devil you know...

But in most states now, it is downright futile to attempt to sue for specific performance. Seller actions or buyer actions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It seems more and more men lack the equipment to do those sorts of things.

As far as the no inspection goes, it is less a matter of ignorance / arrogance and more a matter of the fact that if your offer is contingent on an inspection the seller will pass it up for one that isn't. They aren't going to remediate anything because they don't have to.

Few people here have a clue what it takes to buy a house in the hotter markets right now.

You're 100% correct.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Around here, $5K per acre would be a reasonable price for the dirt... Throw in 5K sq ft finished and 5K sq ft unfinished. No brainer. My money sez it sells fairly quickly...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 826 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,396
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.