Home
All are up across the board

DJIA is positive 154 pts. S&P 500 is up and Nasdaq is up.

Looking like a good opening.
With the morons running this country, I’m not optimistic.
Originally Posted by dale06

Not many folks are.
Tell me at 4:30 eastern time
Wait until biden speaks again. It can turn on a dime.
It’ll rise at some point. I’ll look at my account at the end of the year. I’m sure I’ll pink away a tear, but whatever. It’s not real for another 25 years.
Originally Posted by Dutch
It’ll rise at some point. I’ll look at my account at the end of the year. I’m sure I’ll pink away a tear, but whatever. It’s not real for another 25 years.

The time it really Matters the most is when you need to sell.

Tell me that in 25 months, nevermind 25 years.
Originally Posted by blanket

Why 4:30 Eastern time?
Originally Posted by Houston_2
All are up across the board

DJIA is positive 154 pts. S&P 500 is up and Nasdaq is up.

Looking like a good opening.

Let's chat on Friday at closing...
Here is a hack on the wall for posterity...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I read or heard recently 2022 s&P had worst start market in 80 years

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...t-pros-say-you-should-do-now-11651250525

still a lot of very bad news to fire through market
Originally Posted by Longbob

That's when the market shuts down for the day
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Great idea..

Who gives a chit about this daily, hourly, minutely?

Put a stick in the sand and you can check back with that at any time.

The more bidet opens his lying mouth, the more sparks fly in the market. I prefer not to have my life getting knocked around on a daily basis by that stupid thief. Bitch needs to hang.
This ^^
A lot of $hit has to be fixed before I believe this government can find any solutions to any issues.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
This ^^
A lot of $hit has to be fixed before I believe this government can find any solutions to any issues.

kwg

Actually, a lot of $hit would get fixed if the government/we came to realize it is in the 'creating issues' business not solutions and just stopped trying to 'fix' everything.....

IMHO
Originally Posted by Hastings

Nope. 4:00 EST.
This ^^

kwg

All they have to do is get the hell out of the way. Don't fix anything, don't help, keep Trump tax rates and let capitalism sort it out.
Somehow I have the feeling that we are not quite done with the pain.......the pundits can't seem to agree on whether or not we are already in recession, but certainly feels like it to this family.....nothing to do but ride it out a this point. Sure don't don't want to sell at these levels....
Originally Posted by centershot
This ^^

kwg

All they have to do is get the hell out of the way. Don't fix anything, don't help, keep Trump tax rates and let capitalism sort it out.

Like a donut counter hack wrenching on a Ferrari.

Idiots.
Inflation is not Cum’n down without a lot of Pain..
Volker caused two Recession on purpose how many Recessions will Powell cause don’t know..
It will happen by Him or without Him..
Wealth Destruction is a Certain…
Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!! Up 6 hundo to start the morning.......

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what's coming by weeks end confused

* spoiler alert - it ain't the tooth fairy*

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][i][/i][color:#FF0000][/color]
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

There will be profit taking, no doubt.
Originally Posted by akrange
Volker caused two Recession on purpose how many Recessions will Powell cause don’t know..

Quite a few are predicting a soft landing. From what I read it seems about evenly split between the cheerleaders and downers .

I’m not selling and I’m looking for things on sale but I might be premature on the buying side.

Seems like I heard a phrase. Dead cat bounce. Hasbeen
Don’t get Me Wrong .. Hahahahaha
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Seems like I heard a phrase. Dead cat bounce. Hasbeen

Meow ..
The FOMC is going to release their PCE report (personal consumption expenditures) for April this coming Friday .

Pretty important report that tells what spending is in relation to our present inflation.
The FOMC is going to release their PCE report (personal consumption expenditures) for April this coming Friday .

Pretty important report that tells what spending is in relation to our present inflation.

The same charlatans that predicted a soft landing predicted transitional inflation.

what about personal debt and the upcoming comical real estate default crash? Not to mention a real world hunger crisis and the destabilizing fallout

Yep Im a downer

You should jump and see if you can catch these falling knives. lol Jim Cramer has a ton of really good stocks to pick up the past few months
Sell the rip. Good market to trade. Invest Not so much.
Originally Posted by ribka

The same charlatans that predicted a soft landing predicted transitional inflation.

what about personal debt and the upcoming comical real estate default crash? Not to mention a real world hunger crisis and the destabilizing fallout

Yep Im a downer

You should jump and see if you can catch these falling knives. lol Jim Cramer has a ton of really good stocks
to pick up the past few months

Lots of negatives out there to consider for sure.

China’s problems and they’re many, could well be contagious is another strong consideration.

Oil and gas looking good now and down the road from what I can see.

Well it’s almost time to tell you.

Just joking, blanket.

This feels much more like the Dot.com boom-bust than the Carter malaise. The key aspect of the Carter malaise was the stagnation of US innovation, not in a small part due to the failure of the “business conglomerate” model. American business we’re getting their asses handed to them by lots of innovative, foreign competitors. Toyota, Sony, Panasonic, etc. businesses we’re headed to Mexico, Taiwan and Japan and jobs were going overseas.

Today, we’re in the middle of a flight from China. Yes, there’s pain coming here, but re-shoring will keep pressure on companies to staff these functions in the US, and that will keep the unemployment down, like in 2,000.

Like in the dot.com bust, there was the usual “irrational exuberance” followed by a market crash. The crash doesn’t make much difference, economically. The wild card is inventoriies, which are much higher than they need to be because inventories stocked up, “just in case”. The fact that a lot of the manufacturing of that inventory takes place overseas will probably ameliorate that inventory aspect for a significant part
I'll be the black cloud here and suggest a 1k point DOW drop tomorrow, like last week.

Today DOW, NASDAQ & SP finished nice though.

This feels much more like the Dot.com boom-bust than the Carter malaise. The key aspect of the Carter malaise was the stagnation of US innovation, not in a small part due to the failure of the “business conglomerate” model. American business we’re getting their asses handed to them by lots of innovative, foreign competitors. Toyota, Sony, Panasonic, etc. businesses we’re headed to Mexico, Taiwan and Japan and jobs were going overseas.

Today, we’re in the middle of a flight from China. Yes, there’s pain coming here, but re-shoring will keep pressure on companies to staff these functions in the US, and that will keep the unemployment down, like in 2,000.

Like in the dot.com bust, there was the usual “irrational exuberance” followed by a market crash. The crash doesn’t make much difference, economically. The wild card is inventoriies, which are much higher than they need to be because inventories stocked up, “just in case”. The fact that a lot of the manufacturing of that inventory takes place overseas will probably ameliorate that inventory aspect for a significant part

Taxes on end of year inventories used to be pretty rough causing the ‘just in time, bare bones inventory ‘ for companies.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
I'll be the black cloud here and suggest a 1k point DOW drop tomorrow, like last week.

Yep, somewhere between 9 and 1200.
Nope. 4:00 EST.
You are right
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Yep, somewhere between 9 and 1200.

We’ll see what Asia trading does overnight and then see what Tuesday’s futures looks like.
Mirage, Toodogs and ribka, Tuesday futures are down.
Sell while you can
Originally Posted by JohntheElectrician

The time it really Matters the most is when you need to sell.

All the Patriots need to sell,

Before the Ds drive it to Hell.

What's going to happen when Durham and Trump start rounding up the heads of all the Bolshevik Neonazi run majors for collusion and treason?
Jim Cramer has a ton of really good stocks to pick up the past few months

(((Cramer))) should be in prison, not handing out investment advice on CNN. But CNN is crooked, so it goes.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
What's going to happen when Durham and Trump start rounding up the heads of all the Bolshevik Neonazi run majors for collusion and treason?

What?
They'll be up...they always are. Then they'll crash at the end of the week...they always do. How much is always the question.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Jim Cramer has a ton of really good stocks to pick up the past few months

(((Cramer))) should be in prison, not handing out investment advice on CNN. But CNN is crooked, so it goes.

Spot on. Bought and paid for.
Mirage, Toodogs and ribka, Tuesday futures are down.

Im shocked I thought we were in full blown recovery lol.
I think this is a bull trap, but a short squeeze could pop the market 5%-10% . Any pop is going to be short lived, we have a long way to go before it bottoms unless the fed steps in. I don't think the fed changes anything until inflation gets below 4%-5% which will take a while.

The only way stop inflation is recession, and that's the ugly truth the feds don't want to come out and address directly.

Like in the dot.com bust, there was the usual “irrational exuberance” followed by a market crash. The crash doesn’t make much difference, economically. The wild card is inventories, which are much higher than they need to be because inventories stocked up, “just in case”. The fact that a lot of the manufacturing of that inventory takes place overseas will probably ameliorate that inventory aspect for a significant part

Dutch... you have delivered much soundness to this forum.

If we disagree on things it is only tangential... rarely core.

inventories... I would like to here more.

I have a very different opinion.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I think this is a bull trap, but a short squeeze could pop the market 5%-10% . Any pop is going to be short lived, we have a long way to go before it bottoms unless the fed steps in. I don't think the fed changes anything until inflation gets below 4%-5% which will take a while.

The only way stop inflation is recession, and that's the ugly truth the feds don't want to come out and address directly.

dead cat bounce as usual.

You can sell shorts and make good money if you know what you're doing.

For the average investor it will drop at least another 25 per cent. Probably more. And it will take years to recover. Americans still don't get it
...unless the fed steps in.

Please help me understand that opinion.

I don't see the Fed as having even a book of matches left in their kit bag.

If a recession (or worse) happens/IS OCCURRING, by what means can the Fed or .GOV forestall or reverse it.

NOT being a smart ass here.

I really am seeking an answer... i.e. HOW can they fix this implosion? By what means?
If a recession (or worse) happens/IS OCCURRING, by what means can the Fed or .GOV forestall or reverse it.

I really am seeking an answer... i.e. HOW can they fix this implosion? By what means?

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
...unless the fed steps in.

Please help me understand that opinion.

I don't see the Fed as having even a book of matches left in their kit bag.

By keeping rates low and buying assets the fed can keep the party going forever, but the side effect is inflation. At some point inflation becomes more painful than a market crash. If you find it , Susan Pomboy did some research on the current market excess and she has it at 24 trillion. 2007 excess was pegged at 15 trillion. We have some pain ahead for the next few years.

The fed has lots of tools for both injecting and removing capital from the system even though they claim they don’t. Repo markets, asset purchases, rates, etc. It’s easy to manipulate a market you control the money flow in.
Originally Posted by Whiptail
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Free Money... Cool.

But would that not devalue the money that was rightfully earned?

"Inflation" is a word I have heard bandied about when free money is freely and forthwith cascaded.
Free Money... Cool.

But would that not devalue the money that was rightfully earned?

"Inflation" is a word I have heard bandied about when free money is freely and forthwith cascaded.

Inflation is nothing more than government sanctioned theft and they will steal until there is nothing left.
By keeping rates low and buying assets the fed can keep the party going forever, but the side effect is inflation.

So if the Fed keeps the rate low I can buy a house at 1% over 30 years (as an example).

If I keep that house no one will have a chance to buy it for 30+ year.

This would make houses a total WIN...

People would really want some of this action.

Building materials would reach the stratosphere (that would be inflation I presume).

House prices would reach millions... labor, equipment and materials would also reach the stratosphere...

But rates would be low...

----------------------------------------

The inverse...

The Fed sets rates at 50% over 30 years (as an example).

No one can afford a house.

This would make houses a total No GO...

People would really want NONE of this action.

Building materials would collapse and manufactures fail.

House prices would fall below the cost to build.

But inflation would be low...

----------------------------------------

Final inquiry... what assets can the Fed buy?

Thanks
The fed has lots of tools for both injecting and removing capital from the system even though they claim they don’t. Repo markets...

Please help me understand your perspective on the "Repo Market"

Again... not being a smartass. It is a real question.
First, government Bond rates need to stabilize such that folks can know and be confident in what money cost.

We’re not there yet as the Treasury yields are bouncing around in the short term and that’s unstable.

We won’t be at the bottom until the Treasury yields stabilize, then the picture clears somewhat.

Our economy growth rate has been at 5%+. The FED wants to tame that rate down to a more sustainable 3-3.5% and is doing so via the rate bumps upward. Latest numbers show growth to come in at the 4% range + or -.

We all know that more rate increases are coming and that should already be factored in the equation.

The FOMC should have some very relevant data that is to be announced this Friday comparing PCE to inflation.

I much appreciate the input, viewpoints and discussion you guys are doing.
You likely can make some good money doing the Inverse of Jim Cramer these days.

What will be interesting is when the Fed starts QT and then yo-yos back to QE when that ripple gets too much etc.

I don't know that they can stop inflation without recession - can someone tell me a time we did?
Originally Posted by Teal
You likely can make some good money doing the Inverse of Jim Cramer these days.

What will be interesting is when the Fed starts QT and then yo-yos back to QE when that ripple gets too much etc.

I don't know that they can stop inflation without recession - can someone tell me a time we did?

The FED typically overshoots in both directions that it’s trying to get to and achieve. Not too long ago they were wanting a “healthy 2-2.5% inflation rate “. They caused rates to stay too low for too long and now we have the present situation. Lots of other factors contributed to the inflation that we now have but those were mostly caused by government also.

Supposedly there’s a 6 month lag for pertinent data to reveal itself from any single interest rate bumps in either direction but particularly with QT. The public wants it to happen right now with each FED action but we know it never has worked that way

We may recall how long Japan went with negative interest rates causing people to pay their government to keep their money for them. We went a bit negative too for a while trying to stimulate things.

Jmo
First, government Bond rates need to stabilize such that folks can know and be confident in what money cost.

In your opinion... what would be "Bond Rate" set by the Fed that would instill faith?

If the Fed set a Bond Rate at 20% (absurd number)... would you buy in?

Would I?

Hell no...

The Monopoly money that would have to be infused into the system for a 20% Bond Rate would make Inflation far surpass that number...

At least that is how I see it with my simple brain.

That is why I say .GOV and the Fed have no tools in their kit bag to fix this chit.

I really really want someone to CORRECT MY LOGIC/UNDERSTANDING. Seriously... please help me understand how .GOV can fix this.
IMHO the difference between Japan and the US is spending.

If Japan says they will spend a trillion Yen on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways"... they ACTUALLY spend a trillion Yen on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways".

If US .GOV says they will spend a trillion dollars on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways"... they ACTUALLY spend a trillion dollars on utter bullchit with nothing actually going towards "Infrastructure, bridges or highways".

THAT IS THE FLAW.

ZERO FAITH by the US population.
^ +1. Corruption has taken a huge toll on faith in the government.
IMHO the difference between Japan and the US is spending.

If Japan says they will spend a trillion Yen on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways"... they ACTUALLY spend a trillion Yen on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways".

If US .GOV says they will spend a trillion dollars on "Infrastructure, bridges and highways"... they ACTUALLY spend a trillion dollars on utter bullchit with nothing actually going towards "Infrastructure, bridges or highways".

THAT IS THE FLAW.

ZERO FAITH by the US population.

Word.
Another great day in the market. Down and down it goes......

But we are still up for the week, the markets ripping laugh

Gonna take away your voodoo stick, Dude !

Ain’t looking good.
Originally Posted by centershot
^ +1. Corruption has taken a huge toll on faith in the government.

Corruption has always been with us and ever will be.

The loss of faith in our government comes from a so called Justice System that’s a total failure.
Everyone would like to pick the bottom. Best to loose a little upside than to jump in to soon. This could last awhile. Hasbeen
Just letting it ride as usual.
Considering from earlier to close it looks like some folks are buying and see value for the DJIA.

NASDAQ ain’t looking good nor is tech.
Market Futures are up for tomorrow (Wednesday).
I've been an investor for over 50 years, been through many ups and downs, worst one was 03, lost 40% of my portfolio, but stayed the course and dumped another 10K into it when it hit bottom.
Through all the swings, one thing has always happened, when we came out of it my investments always were worth more than when it began, this one is no different.
Investments are meant for the long term, not ever for day by day or even week by week.
So far I'm down about 12%, been retired for 21 years, Wife and I are living very comfortable on our pensions and SS, our investments are there for the kids, nice not to have to live on them.
^^^^
Good plan that’s stood the test of time.
You did well.
JBMI, I wish I could say that. However, I am up 6% as of close today. I built my portfolio to do just what I wanted and it is nice to be successfull . I have not always been that way . In 2015 I went on my own and was done with my 3rd financial planner. Glad I did , I still follow his stocks and I still would hardly be up at all after 6 1/2 yrs. I have gained very close to the total market except for 2020 when the market gained 19% and I lost 8%. That hurt my feelings, but I stuck with the plan. This year is paying off and am 26% ahead of the total market. I have energy stocks, utilities, food, real estate healthcare and consumer staples. Im happy so far this year, however, next year may be different. In a year I am going to start phazing out of energy stocks a little and put them in whatever sector is unusually down. I hope and pray it works . I have 64 holdings. You may notice that tax free muni bonds did very well today . Mine (hyd) is up over 1%. I never saw a bond do that before. I gained .5% today .
Originally Posted by EdM

Only smart course of action unless you’re smarter than the best Wall Street has to offer. The US economy for the most part is cyclical. My wife gets tweaked out and I always tell her to wake me up in 10 years when I hit 60 and I’ll start worrying about downturns.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by EdM

Only smart course of action unless you’re smarter than the best Wall Street has to offer. The US economy for the most part is cyclical. My wife gets tweaked out and I always tell her to wake me up in 10 years when I hit 60 and I’ll start worrying about downturns.

That's how I feel about it too
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by EdM

That's how I feel about it too

I’m one hell of a lot more concerned about the cost of fuel and food right now!
Today aint looking too bad so far.
fed minutes released at 2 pm easter today

place yer bets gentlemen. lol
We are due for a bear market rally, but everyone knows it.
Today ain't looking too bad so far.
This market reminds me of a chain saw running out of gas. It will sputter and every now and it will rev up on the lean mixture but it is out of gas. And now we don't have extra gas to pour into it.
Today ain't looking too bad so far.
This market reminds me of a chain saw running out of gas. It will sputter and every now and it will rev up on the lean mixture but it is out of gas. And now we don't have extra gas to pour into it.

Country boy analogy. Good one.

You may be right but some folks are evidently seeing value after the most recent past of their abandoning growth stocks in droves.
Futures up nicely for Thursday. Yesterday’s FED mtg had no surprises and they were consistent in their message for this summer on rate raising.

Friday’s (tomorrow) FOMC meeting notes and consumer spending data will be the next bridge to cross. If good then the value stocks and markets should benefit. If not good the markets will head back towards the crapper.

Just musings.
IMHO... the Fed is allowing a slow bleed-out with its' measured increases.

Inflation will NOT STABILIZE at this rate.

Investors will try and catch falling knives...

People without portfolios will suffer the most.

People with portfolios will suffer hard from the backhand of inflation.

This week will be a win/lose/wash... we will see.

Overall there is far more pain to come.

Just my opinion.
The increase in interest rates will not do anything to inflation, because it's a supply shortage, not excess buying.

The fed knows this.

By raising rates, they are making inflation worse, because it's making production costs rise.

They are powerless and they know it.

Powell will stop raising sooner rather than later, as there is an election coming up.

Second, as war heats up in Europe, that capital will look for somewhere to go....US stock market.

That probably will happen in 23.
Originally Posted by hicountry
The increase in interest rates will not do anything to inflation, because it's a supply shortage, not excess buying.

The fed knows this.

By raising rates, they are making inflation worse, because it's making production costs rise.

Powell will stop raising sooner rather than later, as there is an election coming up.

Second, as war heats up in Europe, that capital will look for somewhere to go....US stock market.

Agree.

Even with the interest rate hikes, rates remain “relatively low” on a historical basis (or a hysterical basis).

The whole world has been buying America (stocks and RE) for a very long time.

America is sucking hind tit now, but the rest of the world is even lower than that last tit.

Joey is fugging the whole world.

Soon enough... an IT dude in Mumbai will be making the same salary as a GS-15 IT dude in Washington DC...

Or said differently...

Soon enough... an IT dude in Washington DC... will be make the same salary as an IT dude in Mumbai.

--------------------------------------------------

Not entirely accurate... only making a point about the Global utopia that EVERYONE is so dang thrilled about.

The fed knows this.

Certainly agree that supply disruptions due to Covid are playing a role, but you don't think that all the dollars injected into the economy have anything to do with it?
Still, what else are you going to invest in? RE is extremely high, Savings rates are @ 1% or less. I'm still buying. I think in the end America will overcome the current administration and prosper again. If not, then money is really not going to matter. Not day trading, looking several years to a decade into the future......
Gents

Look closely at the previous bear markets in the early 70s and the first decade of the 2000s.

Each had a number of bear market rallies that ranged from 6% to 12%....before the bottom finally came in.

This is not at all unusual....actually expected.

You have to be very nimble to play those!
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Gents

Look closely at the previous bear markets in the early 70s and the first decade of the 2000s.

Each had a number of bear market rallies that ranged from 6% to 12%....before the bottom finally came in.

yep. There's some quick money to be made. I still think at least another 20 per cent permanent correction
Gents

yep. There's some quick money to be made. I still think at least another 20 per cent permanent correction

Nothing is permanent about stocks and bonds markets.

Ribka, keep these guys in-line for a while. I’m midway into a major and total relocation of domiciles.

I’ll be back atcha when I can.

Later.
later gator

I flipped MOGU for some short term profits today.

looking at more YORKF and SLVDF if drop more

Gents

Nothing is permanent about stocks and bonds markets.

Ribka, keep these guys in-line for a while. I’m midway into a major and total relocation of domiciles.

I’ll be back atcha when I can.

Later.
Gents

On this site, you can peruse market cycles to your heart's content. Its pretty cool.

https://stockmarketcycles.net/
Thanks.

Originally Posted by RJY66
Gents

On this site, you can peruse market cycles to your heart's content. Its pretty cool.

https://stockmarketcycles.net/
Friday will be the day to watch. Normal profit taking day. Long weekend I expect a real drop. Hasbeen
More panic buying today

And today?
And today ? The stock market proves you cant time the dumb thing. However, I thing the tech buyers are creating snother dead cat bounce down the road. The high dividend stock are fairly valued while tech and growth should have went down 50% from the top and that would have been another 23%?. As for me, I dumped 2/3 of my British Petroleum and bought some hospital REITS, some other REITS, and some bonds. About 5% went into a closed end fund that pays 9% divies and pays out monthly.
Ribka, Greg has that Mannarino Market Risk Indicator. (DXY = 101.64) * (TNX = 2.743) / 1.61 is the equation he shows. Any idea where the 1.61 comes from?
Futures looking a little negative for tomorrow’s (Tuesday) opening bell for the Dow and S&P, a little up for the Nasdaq.
Not a lot of upside to be seen for awhile.
My money will be going into multi family rentals. 15% increase on rents this year and no one batted an eye. In the middle of a project now that has a 3% fixed 20. With 15% increase in rents our pro forma is looking a lot better than it did 6 months ago when we started the project.
All 3 have swung positive for now. Looking better, sorta.
EU has agreed on cutting back on Russian Oil and gas with intent to be at zero level by years end.

Oil prices react upward.

Reuters

Yes, considering they havent factored in astronomical inflation and economic collapse under the Dimocommies.

Just saying.

Red Sky at Dawn Sailor take Warn..

Red Sky at Dawn Sailor take Warn..

Lest we forget....
XOM presently over 98$/sh.

What’s your take on OXY and ET. Seems to be room for upside in both. I’ve had ET for awhile and steadily added to the position over time.
Futures presently up for Wednesday opening.
Took some advice here and have gone all in on GFY, STFU, and MILF.

Hoping for the best.
Originally Posted by duck911
Took some advice here and have gone all in on GFY, STFU, and MILF.

Hoping for the best.

All 3 are very popular here at The Campfire with lots of posters here heavily invested in each one.

You should do very well.
The trifecta IMO.
Futures presently up for Wednesday opening.

Did you jump in? Definitely at the bottom. lol

What’s your take on OXY and ET. Seems to be room for upside in both. I’ve had ET for awhile and steadily added to the position over time.

I wouldn't buy any energy stocks near their highs now. Maybe if a 20 per cent correction add more. but better watch every day

Breaking the stock market, breaking the bond market and now the real estate market via quantitative tightening by the fed

A lot of money will be sucked out of the economy
CNN is off my list!!!!
The market does now longer follow any reasonable pattern only Biden's dilloustionn statements
The market does now longer follow any reasonable pattern only Biden's dilloustionn statements
Is dilloustionn some sort of Bidenese?
Everything reverts back to the bottom of the Trend Line eventually..
After listening to the Yard Gnome Yellen the other Day and her Greased Pig Answers to what caused the Inflation we’re seeing I’d say it’s the Abyss..
The Farm Animals The Derby Donkey named Mitch and Any Cock a Doddle Do Lindsay have not Word ..
And Skies are Not Cloudy all Day..

Roll Them or They Roll You
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Is dilloustionn some sort of Bidenese?

Baldinese..
The market can rally all the way down to the bottom. Drop 100, rally 30, drop 100, rally 30 type of thing and next thing you know, it's 1932 but hey "we rallied".

The problem with Yellen and it's HUGE that a government critter admitted they were wrong is - a gov critter in THAT position with THIS subject should never, EVER be so wrong. This wrong. Not when the signs are so damned clear. A high school student can see what was coming and she, the former Fed Chairman should have seen/anticipated and not been surprised.
Futures are up this morning.
The market can rally all the way down to the bottom. Drop 100, rally 30, drop 100, rally 30 type of thing and next thing you know, it's 1932 but hey "we rallied".

The problem with Yellen and it's HUGE that a government critter admitted they were wrong is - a gov critter in THAT position with THIS subject should never, EVER be so wrong. This wrong. Not when the signs are so damned clear. A high school student can see what was coming and she, the former Fed Chairman should have seen/anticipated and not been surprised.

So, no doubt she was a political appointment, I take it?

On paper - she's qualified. Has the education etc. but apparently makes calls for political reasons. Might be best way to say that.

Have to respectfully disagree. Laymen saw this coming over two years ago and repeatedly sound the warning

She used to run the Fed from 2014 2018 when the QE really started. And we all know the Fed is corrupt and controls and manipulates our economy and stock market now. .

She knew all along this was happening.

On paper - she's qualified. Has the education etc. but apparently makes calls for political reasons. Might be best way to say that.

Yellen was a novice compared to Bernanke when it came to QE.
My short term investing is so bad, one could get rich doing the opposite.

Since 1994 I try to keep investments for life....or as long as the reason for buying them are still valid.

I have friends that know more than me that mess with futures, but futures are poison to me.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My short term investing is so bad, one could get rich doing the opposite.

Since 1994 I try to keep investments for life....or as long as the reason for buying them are still valid.

I have friends that know more than me that mess with futures, but futures are poison to me.

A very good book, “Get Rich Slowly “.

If you’ve got house money to play with then dabbling in and out can be interesting.

ETA:
Charlie Ellis is the book author.
Nice jump for midday.

Have to respectfully disagree. Laymen saw this coming over two years ago and repeatedly sound the warning

She used to run the Fed from 2014 2018 when the QE really started. And we all know the Fed is corrupt and controls and manipulates our economy and stock market now. .

I think we actually agree except for the "she was surprised" part. I was taking her at her word on that. But there's no rational reason why anyone should have been surprised and admitting it (true or not) should have been immediately followed by resignation. More my point. No one in her position should have been surprised - either she was and is unqualified or wasn't and is lying/letting it happen and is, objectively unqualified as well.

I think we actually agree except for the "she was surprised" part. I was taking her at her word on that. But there's no rational reason why anyone should have been surprised and admitting it (true or not) should have been immediately followed by resignation. More my point. No one in her position should have been surprised - either she was and is unqualified or wasn't and is lying/letting it happen and is, objectively unqualified as well.

She simply lacked the fortitude to quit kicking the can further down the road to perdition.

She simply lacked the fortitude to quit kicking the can further down the road to perdition.

She strikes me more as the economist version of Robert Reich -- political objectives over rule any training or knowledge in the decision making.
Yep. they'll keep doubling down on failed policies to push their agenda despite the destruction they are wreaking on American people

She strikes me more as the economist version of Robert Reich -- political objectives over rule any training or knowledge in the decision making.

That’s a good fit and comparison with those two.
Futures up for now.

May jobs report should be out tomorrow and is expected to be positive.
Jamie Dimon, CEO of J. P. Morgan, says that the U.S. consumer still has 6-9 months of spending power left.
Futures up for now.

Are you actually making moves on the day to day activities you report or just reporting?
Originally Posted by EdM
Futures up for now.

Are you actually making moves on the day to day activities you report or just reporting?

No. Mainly just following it but looking for opportunities if they present themselves.

Also would like to see if a bottom has been reached.
Also would like to see if a bottom has been reached.

Lmfao . . . . . . . .not even close
A good jobs report ain’t looking good for the markets today.
The last few weeks was just a sucker rally. YTD, it was down 20% . That is official bear country, but we only saw a glimpse of the bear. Now we are back up a bunch as of yesterday . Now today we are down premarket. It will whipsaw back and forth but this market NEEDS a good , real bear to come and tear things till there is nothing left but the crying and the weeping . We should be down 30% from the top and that was the beginning of the year. As for me, I am up 9.5% YTD. I had 24% energy stocks and a lot of utilities. Those are the only 2 sectors that are positive for the year. I am concerned however, that oil is going to face some real headwinds in price. Many will dump it cause of recession fears. and bring the price down. However, the energy companies are making an awfull lot of money right now. Even at $70 barrel they will do very well. For those who care Hainsebrand ,Smith & Wesson is also likely a buy. GM is likely undervalued. Bonds are over sold and despite threats of higher interest rates , bonds will do ok for quite some time. I sold the rest of my British Petroleum stocks yeasterday and bought soem Chevron , Spirit Realty, a Charles Schwab inflation protected ETF. It pays about 7% dividends ( SCHP is the ticker) and it went up yesterday. PTY went up 1.3% yesterday. A solid sign that it is safe to say there should be a rally in the bond market cause I dont think I ever saw 1.3% raise on a bond in one day. High dividend Muni bonds have done very well the last few weeks after a 1 yr. downturn. HYD pays about 3.8% tax free divies.
Good jobs report will whack the crap out of the market today.

A bad report may have given the FED cause to pause and be a positive for the markets but the economy and inflation are rolling right on along.
Good jobs report will whack the crap out of the market today.

A bad report may have given the FED cause to pause and be a positive for the markets but the economy and inflation are rolling right on along.

what about the commercial real estate market collapsing and the coming mass lay offs?

May 23, 2022

To June 9, 2022

Not been around much...

Placing concrete is is VERY HARSH places....

May 23, 2022

To June 9, 2022

Not been around much...

June 13, 2022 7:32 AM

Gonna be an interesting week...

Wonder who Joey will blame this week...
Still looking for a 30,000 DOW (or lower) before buying back in. Pretty sure it will happen by end of June.
I’d recommend you all buy today. I’m set up to buy on the 15th, and it always goes up just before then.
While this market is down as much as it is, I’m initiating a Roth conversion for a chunk. Tax rates will certainly never be lower, and with the market down, I can convert more for the same tax hit. It’ll be good to reduce future RMD’s and eventually the heirs can avoid the new 10 year rule. If I don’t spend it all on hookers and blow, of course.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Still looking for a 30,000 DOW (or lower) before buying back in. Pretty sure it will happen by end of June.

That is a pretty reasonable guess I can go with. 30,000 is in the area of the Pre-Covid collapse highs which would put the Dow down 20% off the peak but if the qqq's reach the same spot they would be down 42%.

The Fed will have effectively tooketh away that which they gaveth.....at least the latest maybe biggest round of it.

May 23, 2022

To June 9, 2022

Not been around much...

You guys aaking for sub $30k Dow... got your wish... jump right on back in whenever you like.

June 16, 2022 11:18 AM
Maybe around 26 or 27. ways to go yet. QQQ a long ways yet. Lots of tech companies are to go going teats up

May 23, 2022

To June 9, 2022

Not been around much...

You guys aaking for sub $30k Dow... got your wish... jump right on back in whenever you like.

June 16, 2022 11:18 AM
Lots of tech companies are to go going teats up

When you say "tech companies"... I ALWAYS think overexuberant, fast easy money millennials with zero trials and tribulations experience...

Dudes and dudettes drinking Pappy Van Winkle 20 with ginger ale on ice.

It's just an image I have... but I happy to share it.

I wonder if they are having paw paw pain right about now?

I think we're about to discover the "chip shortage", like a lot of other shortages, was caused by government money printing.

When you say "tech companies"... I ALWAYS think overexuberant, fast easy money millennials with zero trials and tribulations experience...

There a lot of folks that have made a lot of money in tech over the years. I know a few.
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I think we're about to discover the "chip shortage", like a lot of other shortages, was caused by government money printing.

LOL... Chip Shortage.

My ass there was ever a chip shortage.

THINK ABOUT IT...

The US of A cannot make or contract to have made a $25 microchip to release a trillion dollars worth of light and heavy trucks...

Horse chit...
Originally Posted by EdM

There a lot of folks that have made a lot of money in tech over the years. I know a few.

Agree... I have done very well with Tech over the years myself...

BUT the industry has drifted from logic to fantasy (in many (not all) cases)... That is what I spoke of.

Tech is FAR REMOVED from reality in many many cases... again... not all... but many.
Samsung has asked that their suppliers slow down IB material as they're sitting on inventory. Chips should be flowing soon. Heavy truck OEM guys I talked to - could not get chips, couldn't get them made (we're not talking cookies here) and just suffered through it. Right now you can steal a brain box from a Freightliner in about 30 seconds and there's a couple grand worth of chips in it - kills the truck dead. Super hard to replace.

RE tech - I dealt with mostly freight tech guys. Those entering the market were former high finance or other industries that saw another ripe for disruption. Raised a ton of capital and their "solutions" ended up looking for problems. All they were doing was digitizing old processes - not really creating new ones or massive efficiencies. They were guys in their 40's to 50's (average start up founder's age is 42 IIRC) raising cash because there was about zero POC needed on crazy stupid multiples.

Upside to some of these guys exiting will be the talent they horded being available to those with REAL solutions.
What a fantastic opportunity all this presents.

Waiting on the sidelines until it begins to stabilize.
I Did That and I Ain’t leaving to your All Pudd’n ..

“ You ain’t seen Nothing Yet”
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buy! Buy! Buy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. But there's a glut of non profitable tech companies now, often propped up by the govt, and won't make it through lean times.

I remember the tech crash in 2000. Im not talking about Google, Microsoft, Nvidia.

stocks like wish, robin hood, peloton, affirm, toast,

Originally Posted by EdM

Bitcoin etc is 2000's tech
It appears
The NASDAQ is now down 21% since the day Brandon took office.
When the Fed gets the Fund Rate to 4% the World as we know it is Over ..
Tsunami of Biblical Proportions is in the Offending..
Of course the Fed could let Mind Numbing Inflation
Run it’s Course ..
Then Fed Funds Thing is off the Table ..
But .. The Good News is we’re all going to Die one Day..
Run it’s Course ..
Most of the time the FED kills the economy with rates it's because they are bursting a bubble that they themselves created in the first place. I'm convinced if they just left the market alone and let the market decide what rates should be, we'd all be better off.
Silly wabitt

We can’t just not rely on da gubmint

They otherwise are unemployables
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Run it’s Course ..
Most of the time the FED kills the economy with rates it's because they are bursting a bubble that they themselves created in the first place. I'm convinced if they just left the market alone and let the market decide what rates should be, we'd all be better off.

Gotta remember what Alan Greenspan said to the congressional committee.

“Stability, in and of itself, creates instability “.
stocks like wish, robin hood, peloton, affirm, "toast".

ROFLMAO...

I had to Google "Toast"...

Different stock probably... don't matter none... still damn hilarious... a stock named "Toast".

52 week High $69.93

52 week Low $11.91

Somebody pou that CEO a 20 year old Pappy... I'll supply the ice and Great Value Ginger Ale.
Kinda like

Constantly changing?
unprofitable meme stocks. A lot will go teats up n the coming year

stocks like wish, robin hood, peloton, affirm, "toast".

ROFLMAO...

I had to Google "Toast"...

Different stock probably... don't matter none... still damn hilarious... a stock named "Toast".

52 week High $69.93

52 week Low $11.91

Somebody pou that CEO a 20 year old Pappy... I'll supply the ice and Great Value Ginger Ale.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yes, considering they havent factored in astronomical inflation and economic collapse under the Dimocommies.

Just saying.

Burn Baby Burn.
Teats up?

U bought any ice cream lately?

Higher higher higher!
Just getting started
My broker told me to go long on a couple of Cathie Wood's favs... 6-9 months ago.

Kinda funny now... except for the pain.

Dumped XOM and ENB recently...

It is all a chit show anymore.

HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD!
Originally Posted by Raeford
Just getting started

29,000 and headed to at least 19,000 maybe 15, just my guess, I ain't buying sheit yet.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Run it’s Course ..

Ya like in 2008 ..
Oh before that Remember No Pay Stub Home Mortgages ..
Barney Frank and his Butt Buddy at Fannie & Freddy ..
Never Trust Pole Smok’r from Massinsanity..
That Bench is Deep ..
The Ever Delusional John Kerry ..
The guy on CNBC said look 4 apple under $135.

I think it’s there
Originally Posted by Angus1895

I think it’s there

A 4 pound bag of apples... under $135 is a good price 6 months from now.

I think it’s there

A 4 pound bag of apples... under $135 is a good price 6 months from now.

Folk switching to Trac and Smart Talk probably ain't gonna fork out $1,300 for the latest I
I will wager a bag a Idaho spuds 🥔

Apple 🍎 is not gonna be $135 4 long!

Buy it. U B HAPPY
Been looking at some charts and the indexes are getting within a few points of their 200 week moving averages which is big time long term support. For instance SPY is at 367 and the 200 week is a 349, qqq is at 271 and the 200 week is at 263.

I betcha the Al Gore Rhythms start buying there and kick off a rally when they hit the 200 week if not a bit before. Its either going to be the end of the bear market or a significant rally that will sucker the longs back in before the next leg down of the bear. Either way I don't think they will knife through it too far on the first try.

I expect its going to be the latter but there is no way to know until after the fact. If the averages start living below that line, financial hell is probably coming to town.
Going to start sending 4% back into the market for each 1000 points it drops from here on out. Hope it turns out to be a good plan 10 years from now.
Put in a limit order on AQMS

They announced they are harvesting cobalt from spent lithium batteries..

I think this deal could B 4 real
Quad witching tomorrow. Will be a ton of volatility.
Fiat currency collapse is coming. You need 10% in physical gold and silver. It's on sale NOW. don't wait until, 2% of the people start buying, it will be too late.
Originally Posted by Twopatch
Fiat currency collapse is coming. You need 10% in physical gold and silver. It's on sale NOW. don't wait until, 2% of the people start buying, it will be too late.

Long-term we average about 2.5% of savings in PM. Currently closer to 0.5%. Everyone chasing "returns" with equities pumped up by QE.

When we return to mean on the % in PM, the demand will be very impactful on the street price (who cares about the Comex?).

Bought the last 12 ounces of Gold I needed to hit my target, on this last dip. Might be early, but I'd rather be 3 months (or even 3 years!) early than one day late.

Already have enough silver for 20 years of subsistence.

You can never cover too many bases with the idiots we have in power.
Just getting started

29,000 and headed to at least 19,000 maybe 15, just my guess, I ain't buying sheit yet.

It's a beautiful thing. When that old schmatta finally gets wrung out, we'll see what's still standing..

Like Cash said..

Housing starts down 14%.

When do we start buying 2x4's? $4? $3.50? $2.75?
Housing starts down 14%.

I’m watching it closely. I’m about to start a large barndominium project on the place I bought in Mississippi.

I’ve contracted with a gentleman and his 2 sons to tear down and salvage the old home place there with him getting 1/2 of the lumber and all of the metal roofing. It’s a large home on pier and beam.

I think it’s there
Closed at $130 and change

Housing starts down 14%.

I’m watching it closely. I’m about to start a large barndominium project on the place I bought in Mississippi.

I’ve contracted with a gentleman and his 2 sons to tear down and salvage the old home place there with him getting 1/2 of the lumber and all of the metal roofing. It’s a large home on pier and beam.

Sounds like a great place to rendezvous.

Keep us posted.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Just getting started

It's a beautiful thing. When that old schmatta finally gets wrung out, we'll see what's still standing..

Like Cash said..

Bingo.
Congressional lawmakers now formulating a plan to raise social security by 2400$/year “to help with inflation costs”.

Bloomberg
Congressional lawmakers now formulating a plan to raise social security by 2400$/year “to help with inflation costs”.

Bloomberg

$2,400 a year will cover the mortgage on your barndominium?

Bloomberg

Hell, I'll take their (my) money..

Bloomberg

Plan will extend ss system’s solvency by 75 yrs by taxing those making over 200k$/yr and recalculating COLA using CPI based on elderly people’s spending habits.

Sponsors are Sanders in the Senate with a replica of the same in the House by deFazio.

No comments on Medicare.

Yahoo Finance

Bloomberg

Your money is long gone. This is my grandkids money they are spending now.
1) About 49 percent of the population lived in a household where at least one member received a direct benefit from the federal government.

2) The number of households receiving government benefits has steadily risen over time, particularly after the financial crisis.

3) Three-quarters of entitlement benefits written into law in the United States go toward the elderly or disabled.

4) 60 percent of Americans were receiving more in government benefits than they paid in taxes.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," "All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

Mitt Romney, 2011

Above was 30 seconds of Google Fu. "What % of Americans receive money from from government?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...om-the-federal-government-in-six-charts/

That was 11 years ago... before the bologna virus and free money for everyone.

EVERYONE gets free money now... EVERYONE...

Now get your ass to work... I needs yo mo'ney!
.GOV creates a crisis...

.GOV creates "the solution"...

----------------------------------

Not really any different than:

A coal miner working in the mine... AND having to buy his staples at the Coal Mining "Company Store"

A cotton picker working in the hot Georgia sun... AND having to beg his masser fo some water.

Really really... PROVE ME WRONG.
America is on a trajectory path of dependence this is NOT SUSTAINABLE...

IT ALL IS COMING DOWN...

Get the memo NOW.

Prepare yourself accordingly.

That chart was 11 YEARS AGO!
.GOV creates a crisis...

.GOV creates "the solution"...

----------------------------------

Not really any different than:

A coal miner working in the mine... AND having to buy his staples at the Coal Mining "Company Store"

A cotton picker working in the hot Georgia sun... AND having to beg his masser fo some water.

Really really... PROVE ME WRONG.

.gov wanted to send out gas "rebate" cards to people. Problem - chip shortage. Can't create enough cards for everyone so now they're back to square 1.

Novel idea - just stop taking my tax money rather than take it, spend it on cards and then "give it back" - it's criminal how little economic expertise this administration has.
.gov wanted to send out gas "rebate" cards to people. Problem - chip shortage. Can't create enough cards for everyone so now they're back to square 1.

Novel idea - just stop taking my tax money rather than take it, spend it on cards and then "give it back" - it's criminal how little economic expertise this administration has.

To quote Gus "Jake is too leaky of a vessel for anyone to much faith in".

Joey is WORSE... a hundred times worse.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Bloomberg

Actually, that's correct. It's always the current generation of workers who pay for the retirees' S.S. income.

And before some idgit comes along and says I'm living off the backs of their children and grandchildren, let me inform them, when I was their age I was paying for their grammy and grampy's S.S.
Bloomberg
Actually, that's correct. It's always the current generation of workers who pay for the retirees' S.S. income.
And before some idgit comes along and says I'm living off the backs of their children and grandchildren, let me inform them, when I was their age I was paying for their grammy and grampy's S.S.
Social Security is a contract the younger generation did not agree to. They weren't here. Social Security was doomed from the start by all the workers for the railroads, state employees, teachers, county and munincipial employees being exempt from paying in. Then birth control came along and we didn't produce near as many children as the previous generations.

My 30+ year old kids and their cohorts can end this contract when enough of us die off and they along with their kids figure out that all they are going to do is pay and never draw a dime.

Social security is contract between generations and the coming generation can opt out. For the above reasons and also for making it more than a subsistence program with ever increasing payments to idle people the system is doomed.

Bloomberg

Every little bit helps.
Rubble ..

Bloomberg

Every little bit helps.

That's Ukrainian neo nazis said after Biden gave them over $50 BILLION of our money. And our military vet are dying homeless on our streets
Bloomberg
Social Security is a contract the younger generation did not agree to. They weren't here. Social Security was doomed from the start by all the workers for the railroads, state employees, teachers, county and munincipial employees being exempt from paying in. Then birth control came along and we didn't produce near as many children as the previous generations.

My 30+ year old kids and their cohorts can end this contract when enough of us die off and they along with their kids figure out that all they are going to do is pay and never draw a dime.

Social security is contract between generations and the coming generation can opt out. For the above reasons and also for making it more than a subsistence program with ever increasing payments to idle people the system is doomed.

There used to be a process and form whereby a person could withdraw from the ss system. That was back in the late 1970s. I can’t recall if it was tied to one’s religious beliefs or if it was a straight withdrawal from the system for one’s own private reasons.

I don’t know if that process still exists or not .
Bloomberg

I've always said people should be given a choice of where they put their retirement money. If I'd invested this Social Security money that I paid in through over 55 years myself, I'd have a hell of a bigger retirement chunk than I'm getting from them now.

PS- I paid my "fair share".
© 24hourcampfire