-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The market can rally all the way down to the bottom. Drop 100, rally 30, drop 100, rally 30 type of thing and next thing you know, it's 1932 but hey "we rallied".

The problem with Yellen and it's HUGE that a government critter admitted they were wrong is - a gov critter in THAT position with THIS subject should never, EVER be so wrong. This wrong. Not when the signs are so damned clear. A high school student can see what was coming and she, the former Fed Chairman should have seen/anticipated and not been surprised.

Me

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Futures are up this morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
The market can rally all the way down to the bottom. Drop 100, rally 30, drop 100, rally 30 type of thing and next thing you know, it's 1932 but hey "we rallied".

The problem with Yellen and it's HUGE that a government critter admitted they were wrong is - a gov critter in THAT position with THIS subject should never, EVER be so wrong. This wrong. Not when the signs are so damned clear. A high school student can see what was coming and she, the former Fed Chairman should have seen/anticipated and not been surprised.

So, no doubt she was a political appointment, I take it?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch

On paper - she's qualified. Has the education etc. but apparently makes calls for political reasons. Might be best way to say that.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Have to respectfully disagree. Laymen saw this coming over two years ago and repeatedly sound the warning

She used to run the Fed from 2014 2018 when the QE really started. And we all know the Fed is corrupt and controls and manipulates our economy and stock market now. .

She knew all along this was happening.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

On paper - she's qualified. Has the education etc. but apparently makes calls for political reasons. Might be best way to say that.

Yellen was a novice compared to Bernanke when it came to QE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My short term investing is so bad, one could get rich doing the opposite.

Since 1994 I try to keep investments for life....or as long as the reason for buying them are still valid.

I have friends that know more than me that mess with futures, but futures are poison to me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My short term investing is so bad, one could get rich doing the opposite.

Since 1994 I try to keep investments for life....or as long as the reason for buying them are still valid.

I have friends that know more than me that mess with futures, but futures are poison to me.

A very good book, “Get Rich Slowly “.

If you’ve got house money to play with then dabbling in and out can be interesting.

ETA:
Charlie Ellis is the book author.

Last edited by Houston_2; 06/02/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice jump for midday.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka

Have to respectfully disagree. Laymen saw this coming over two years ago and repeatedly sound the warning

She used to run the Fed from 2014 2018 when the QE really started. And we all know the Fed is corrupt and controls and manipulates our economy and stock market now. .

I think we actually agree except for the "she was surprised" part. I was taking her at her word on that. But there's no rational reason why anyone should have been surprised and admitting it (true or not) should have been immediately followed by resignation. More my point. No one in her position should have been surprised - either she was and is unqualified or wasn't and is lying/letting it happen and is, objectively unqualified as well.

Me

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

I think we actually agree except for the "she was surprised" part. I was taking her at her word on that. But there's no rational reason why anyone should have been surprised and admitting it (true or not) should have been immediately followed by resignation. More my point. No one in her position should have been surprised - either she was and is unqualified or wasn't and is lying/letting it happen and is, objectively unqualified as well.

She simply lacked the fortitude to quit kicking the can further down the road to perdition.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

She simply lacked the fortitude to quit kicking the can further down the road to perdition.

She strikes me more as the economist version of Robert Reich -- political objectives over rule any training or knowledge in the decision making.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yep. they'll keep doubling down on failed policies to push their agenda despite the destruction they are wreaking on American people

She strikes me more as the economist version of Robert Reich -- political objectives over rule any training or knowledge in the decision making.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

That’s a good fit and comparison with those two.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Futures up for now.

May jobs report should be out tomorrow and is expected to be positive.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Jamie Dimon, CEO of J. P. Morgan, says that the U.S. consumer still has 6-9 months of spending power left.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Futures up for now.

Are you actually making moves on the day to day activities you report or just reporting?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EdM
Futures up for now.

Are you actually making moves on the day to day activities you report or just reporting?

No. Mainly just following it but looking for opportunities if they present themselves.

Also would like to see if a bottom has been reached.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Also would like to see if a bottom has been reached.

Lmfao . . . . . . . .not even close

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
A good jobs report ain’t looking good for the markets today.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,005
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.