Home
Posted By: Tarquin Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Peter Schiff says inflation is 20% if measured using the same indices we used in 1980. No way is it only 8%.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
I agree.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Yup. Its as bad as everyone feels. Honestly worse. F anyone who voted for these clowns
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Thanks to the shìthead from "Salmon".
Posted By: papat Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
At least 20. Thinking more
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
No s hit Sherlock!! Go buy some bacon or sausages!
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Peter Schiff says inflation is 20% if measured using the same indices we used in 1980. No way is it only 8%.
Of course.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22

At least you can sleep at night knowing you did all you could do to stop it.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I agree.

Government “reduces” inflation by adjusting how it’s calculated.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Mindboggling that someone with TarQueen's voting history has the ballsack (stupidity?) to post stuff like this.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
We all know about Germany between the wars.
Posted By: Bwana338 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Thinking inflation is closer to 30%

Motels are up 50% in the past 2 years.... Same motels in the same cities/town that I have stayed at while traveling.

Meals are up 33% eating the same meals at the same restaurants while traveling. Plus, when we eat out where we live. Lunch used to be in the $25 range and now it is nearing $40-$50 for the 2 of us.

Grocery store pricing is up 20% to 50% on select items. Makes one really look at the items. I could be more specific on item by item, however I do the grocery shopping and have noticed a big up swing in all categories.

Fuel pricing is up about 40% from a year ago. I have a log and keep track of every fill up, with location and grade of fuel purchased.

Home Depot pricing is up 20% to 40% on like items that I purchase every year.

however, the government is able to move what is counted around in determining inflation.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
I don't believe the inflationn calculation accurately takes into account "shrinkflation", or the shrinking of the amount of a product in a package. Some goods obviously have a standard unit of measure (gallon of milk, pound of beef etc.) Many others do not.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

The asswhole from Arizona is another one....
Posted By: las Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
A bag of dog food that I buy is up from $45 to almost $60 in 2 years, and has been reduced from 30# to 28#.
Originally Posted by las
A bag of dog food that I buy is up from $45 to almost $60 in 2 years, and has been reduced from 30# to 28#.
I hate when they do that downsizing BS so it's harder to figure out how much more you're paying than you used to.
JFC printing trillions of dollars out of thin air and then dispensing it to people, wtf did they think was going to happen? In fact, they knew exactly what would happen, it's econ 101. All part of the planned destruction.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

For real!!

Some stuff is 100% inflation

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: kennyd Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
None of that money dispensed my way. Add in the low stock of staples, and seldom seeing sales. We routinely buy items with long shelf life when discounted.
The gov. doesn't factor in food, energy, medical.

The usual list:
FOOD. already mentioned
CLOTHING. Easily way up
SHELTER. rents and payments rising; we are paid off but property tax, insurance are increasing on a fixed income.
ENERGY. green deal issues strangling us.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Went out to eat yesterday.
Price was same, portion about same
I was shocked.
Expected more.

Place is in a different, smaller town.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
We are at a 40 year high even using their "new math". I agree that it is more like 20% which might make it an all time high.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I don't believe the inflationn calculation accurately takes into account "shrinkflation", or the shrinking of the amount of a product in a package. Some goods obviously have a standard unit of measure (gallon of milk, pound of beef etc.) Many others do not.

Yep...
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Mindboggling that someone with TarQueen's voting history has the ballsack (stupidity?) to post stuff like this.

Not really when you have a [bleep] IQ .
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by SandBilly

At least you can sleep at night knowing you did all you could do to stop it.

Whomp.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
"Bidenflation"

Use the term.

Everywhere.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by 12344mag

The asswhole from Arizona is another one....

Bingo.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22

Tuna tuna tuna, tonight!
Posted By: deflave Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Tarqueen refused to vote for Trump.
Posted By: deflave Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Not really when you have a [bleep] IQ .

He’s gloating.

He loves it. He thinks you deserve it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Way to go Joe
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Or gas, or natural gas, or tires, or eggs, or hamburger, or milk, or lumber...etc.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Washington Developed A System To Lie To You About Inflation, The Real Inflation Rate Is Much, Much Higher

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...on-real-inflation-rate-much-much-higher/

Inflation is correctly defined as an expansion of the nation’s money supply. However, during the 20th century, the federal government began a series of steps to expand the money supply to facilitate more expansive federal spending. Those steps included removing the gold standard, removing the gold peg, suppressing interest rates, printing money directly into the Treasury, pandemic stimulus checks, and more.

To cover for the careless handling of the nation’s money supply, the Fed changed its definition of inflation from an expansion in the money supply to a rise in the price of goods and services.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by deflave
Tarqueen refused to vote for Trump.

If it wouldn't be for Ann Coulter and other never Trumpers, Tarqueen could never form an opinion on Trump on his own. I highly doubt he gets out very much.
Posted By: rong Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Take gas and food out like the .gov does and it may be around 8%
Posted By: smallfry Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by steve4102
Washington Developed A System To Lie To You About Inflation, The Real Inflation Rate Is Much, Much Higher

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...on-real-inflation-rate-much-much-higher/

Inflation is correctly defined as an expansion of the nation’s money supply. However, during the 20th century, the federal government began a series of steps to expand the money supply to facilitate more expansive federal spending. Those steps included removing the gold standard, removing the gold peg, suppressing interest rates, printing money directly into the Treasury, pandemic stimulus checks, and more.

To cover for the careless handling of the nation’s money supply, the Fed changed its definition of inflation from an expansion in the money supply to a rise in the price of goods and services.
Agreed and to the point…

1) They have not been careless, it’s largely been intentional.

2) Prices have not gone up, the value of the dollar within the United States has gone down.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
"If inflation is up 30% and your 401k is down 30%... You are even."

Quote from Joey's next State of the Union address.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Looks about 17%.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts
Posted By: pullit Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
My public school math tells me it is way above 8% unless they are using some "special new math"
Posted By: deflave Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Originally Posted by pullit
My public school math tells me it is way above 8% unless they are using some "special new math"

The same people that claim inflation is at 20% claim COVID killed a bazillion people and Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Everyone relax; I saw a story yesterday that said they were going to change the way the figger it again, so it doesn’t look so bad.

I’m sure they believe everyone goes by the number they read in the news and not the anal violation they get at the Piggly Wiggly every week 🙄

Black oil sunflower seeds are now $36 for 50# instead of $18 for 40#. Even the birds are getting porked…..
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Agree

kwg
Originally Posted by pullit
Oh, for sure. They arrive at 8% by heavily weighting things like the cost of computer memory per GB of RAM, while eliminating from consideration things like fuel costs, food, and housing.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Two x four eight foot studs are over $10 just bought six this week. I tried to check the cost for 2019, this video claims $3 for 2x6 studs.

Posted By: Raeford Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
If it is 'Putin's inflation' how is Europes 'core' inflation one half of ours?
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Not being energy independent

And letting Europe half step itself to defeat

30%

No more “ Mean tweets”

Priceless
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Originally Posted by Raeford

How did Putin effect our housing prices?
Originally Posted by Whiptail

The Russians did it!!! They do everything!!!!!
Posted By: Raeford Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22

Just waiting on someone/anyone to ask this of the appropriate Biden admin folk.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22

Just waiting on someone/anyone to ask this of the appropriate Biden admin folk.

Peter Doocy tried and got a typical word-salad response.
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Yeah, but at least my feelings aren't being hurt by mean tweets.
And feelings are important.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
When the numbers don't support the government's agenda, they just change the way it is measured, get a longer yardstick, so to speak! If you look at the things people have to buy on a regular basis like fuel, groceries, medicine, etc. I would estimate inflation and shrinkflation are close to 30% and there is no end in sight. Fuel alone is up 300% and the oil companies are making record profits on limited supply. I dont blame the oil companies, all this is a direct result of the rulers forcing their green agenda.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Never mind the stimulus

We don’t need
Posted By: ihookem Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
An example of inflation is I make $50,000 per year every year. My kids are gone, house and everything is payed. is payed for. I always had the $5,000 ready for my SEP by mid March . This year I had to wait much later to have the money. I never had a problem paying my income taxes by April 15. This year I did not have the money. By June 17th, I always pay my 3 quarterly federal income taxes so I am done for the year. I always had no problem , but tis year I barely had enough. By July 4th , I always had more than enough money saved for my property taxes. This year I will barely have enough by July 4th and that is if all my invoices get payed and I dont htink it will happen. Everyone seems to be real slow to pay the invoices I give them. ( I'm self employed). Every year , I had enough and then some. After July 4th, I start saving $14,000 for my and my wifes ROTH. I dont think I will have enough money by the end of the year cause I am already way behind in my savings. This is what inflation does. Even though I keep track of almost every dime, there is money getting away from me in many places. I know gas is the biggest extra cost , but I only went to my cabin one time this year to make up for it . I fish much closer to home the last few years and that 5 horse kicker only uses 1 qt. in 3 hrs of trolling so that is not it, although it does cost me about $7 more dollars to go to the lake than last year, but that is only about $50 . Inflation is an invisible tax that is hard to find just where the money is going. I noticed my gas bill for May was $46. It was never $46 in May , ever. Electricity was unusually high too at $77. That is a unussually high since there has been very little air being used . I have gotten so cheap. I make my own yogurt, drive the car to work unless I need to gring tools. I hang all my clothes on the line, even in winter. ( My wife refuses however). I stay home almost every evening, and rarely take a ride anymore unless I can pick up some wild Aparagus . I dont know how to live any cheaper anymore and I just starting to have a life existing instead of living. It is inflation that is doing it, and I dont like it at all. I always gave myself a $1,000 spending gift to myself every year. I woudl buy a gun, or go on some Upper Michigan fishing trip a few times, or something. This year, the money is not even there to do that.
Posted By: efw Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22

Russian disinformation

https://invezz.com/news/2022/06/10/peter-schiff-real-inflation-rate-closer-to-20/?amp
Posted By: deflave Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Just remember that John Burns, Sycamore and JeffO are your buddies because they like guns.

LOL
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Eggs have gone from 1.50, to 3$
Posted By: ihookem Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Eggs have gone from 1.50, to 3$

And that's another thing. We buy our eggs from an old lady that likely makes 50 cents a dozen. She went from $1.75 to $2.50 . No , that is not much and some will laugh about 75 cents. It is however, about 40% more than one year ago and everything is up like that. Figure there is about 30% inflation over the last 2 yrs and that is about 15% per yr.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
Ya THINK? Just like 'inflation's at an all-time low'.... Uh huh..

If a gov't toady's lips are moving, he's LYING like a fine rug...
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
The only thing I know of that has been the same price as it was 3 or 4 years ago is Bulleit bourbon at the store I buy it in. Everything else is up 20 to 100%
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/14/22
As bad as %20 sounds, think about it compounded!
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/15/22
My household is 18%
Look at your insurance rates,cable and internet,phone bills,real estate tax,and power bills up 28%
ADD THEM ALL UP
Fluck biden
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Inflation is 20%.... - 06/15/22

Yep. He’s an idiot. Love him some George Floyd too.
© 24hourcampfire