Home
Posted By: hatari Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
- Dems will spin this as Conservative's war on women

- Expect mass demonstrations, especially as the election nears. 100,000 in DC for sure

- nonstop editorials/punditry on CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo etc. decrying the verdict

- bet on Democrats bemoaning that Garland did not get seated by McConnell under Obama

- Bet on some States restricting late term/partial birth abortions

- otherwise, very little will change. I do not see any states fully banning abortion. In the end, setting aside the Roe V. Wade verdict will change less than originally verdict did 50 years ago.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
This weekend is gonna be a wild one in most Metro areas.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The sun is gonna set late this afternoon and come up again in the morning. šŸ˜Š
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
LMAO!!

The most progressive President ever is in office and the libtards world is falling apart........

What about that isn't funny?
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
I might expect Idaho and perhaps South Dakota to fully outlaw abortion. Perhaps with typical caveat of incest and rape.

My take is, if abortion is murder, it is still murder when the victim is the product of incest or rape.

Is murder accepable, or is it not?
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I might expect Idaho and perhaps South Dakota to fully outlaw abortion. Perhaps with typical caveat of incest and rape.

My take is, if abortion is murder, it is still murder when the victim is the product of incest or rape.

Murder is an unjustified homicide. When and if justified it is no longer murder
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by hatari
- Expect mass demonstrations, especially as the election nears. 100,000 in DC for sure

I wonder if the Screaming FemiNazi's will invade the Capitol Building......you know, the 'cradle of democracy/etc.' grin
Posted By: hatari Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

Point well made.

Armed intruder breaks into your hour, takes famliy hostage, you grab gun and smoke his ass. Not murder.

Same dude breaks in and guns you down first, - murder.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I wonder if the Screaming FemiNazi's will invade the Capitol Building......you know, the 'cradle of democracy/etc.' grin

Pelosi will hold the door open for them and distrubute protest signs and have concession stands and toilets setup.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
I would say peaceful protests shut down major interstate highways. But that asphalts like 216Ā° so maybe no.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
It will absolutely be outlawed in several states. But it will always remain legal in New York, California and many other states.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
We're going downstate for the weekend to do a few things in Grand Rapids. Guess I'll be packing a little something extra this trip.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Yep and between this and "common sense" gun "safety", those folks expecting that "Red Wave" in November, I wouldn't count my chickens. And did I mention a new "pandemic" and there's election fraud...
Another baby boomer generation of people but this time of lower class less than stellar people.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
13 states have trigger laws in effect that will outlaw abortion in their state with no additional action needed. The ban on abortion in TN takes effect in 30 days.
Posted By: Rugies Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Be careful traveling the interstates at night this weekend. Chickenshit commies like to throw [bleep] from bridges and block highways. Cant wait to see them burn loot and murder their own cities.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Let the games beginā€¦ Between the NY gun ruling and now this Iā€™m looking forward to some peaceful protesting šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø. Going to load up on popcorn for this weekendā€™s festivities.

By the way this ruling is long overdue.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Buy stock in brick companies.
Posted By: MAC Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by 12344mag
LMAO!!

The most progressive President ever is in office and the libtards world is falling apart........

DEMs/LIBs control the Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch, has the full backing of the media, has the full baking of academia, has the full backing of every major union and has the full backing of Hollywood and they are still losing! Is this a great country or what?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Rugies
Be careful traveling the interstates at night this weekend. Chickenshit commies like to throw [bleep] from bridges and block highways. Cant wait to see them burn loot and murder their own cities.

Never saw him/her. Splat. Bye.
Originally Posted by MAC
LMAO!!

DEMs/LIBs control the Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch, has the full backing of the media, has the full baking of academia, has the full backing of every major union and has the full backing of Hollywood and they are still losing! Is this a great country or what?

MAGA!
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
I think forcing Dems to step up and tell the world how bad America ā€œneedsā€ abortion might just work in favor of us. How many Dems in moderate ā€œpurpleā€ districts can afford to go out and beg for more abortion?
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by MAC
LMAO!!

As to your point MAC, I can only point to the genius of the founding fathers!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Now the Games begin.

The storm is at hand, the battle between GOOD (GOD) and Evil (Satan) will soon be on us.

As Trump and Putin and Xi move against the NWO, they are throwing their all into this battle in WW3.

The US is in its second Revolution and Second Civil War and in WW3.

Pray.

The Satanists are making their move while they still can.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, TRUMP AND US.

https://www.technocracy.news/hohmann-globalists-have-entered-the-kill-phase-of-the-great-reset/
Posted By: EFHutton Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Cahos
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22

politics is rarely without compromise. There are damn few absolutes that every citizen can agree on, or every politician for that matter.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Cahos

Tennessee public school?
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The U.S. Constitution, civics, and especially SELF CONTROL need to be taught front and center in schools.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Americans, except for the retards, have always voted with their pocketbooks, and always will. This won't have any affect in November, IMO. Even USA Today has turned on Biden lately.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The retard in chief is campaigning on this decision right now.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
This will be huge in upcoming elections.

Not much will stir up lefty turn out like abortion.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Now the Games begin.

The storm is at hand, the battle between GOOD (GOD) and Evil (Satan) will soon be on us.

As Trump and Putin and Xi move against the NWO, they are throwing their all into this battle in WW3.

The US is in its second Revolution and Second Civil War and in WW3.

Pray.

The Satanists are making their move while they still can.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, TRUMP AND US.

https://www.technocracy.news/hohmann-globalists-have-entered-the-kill-phase-of-the-great-reset/

Jag, Iā€™m starting to worry about you..
Posted By: Old__School Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The big picture is that the Federal Gov't has trampled on the 10th Amendment in a manner that the Founding Father's would be appalled at.

The hoopla about the last two day's SCOTUS decisions is misdirected.

I hope the most recent SCOTUS decision(s) opens the door to further challenges to federal over-reach.
Posted By: Dess Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Someone will claim they are forced to go to another state to get an abortion. They will get into some sort of accident or altercation. They will blame someone else and sue. The Dems will champion the case and push it and push it and push it in the courts and media.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

Is the killing of a fetus which is the product of rape or incest "justified"? If so what crime did that fetus commit to justify killing it?
Posted By: Reba Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
In California if you kill a pregnant woman and the baby dies the charge is double homicide.

HOWEVER abortion is legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps the Democrat leadership is breathing a sigh of relief. For decades, many of them who could think beyond their gonads, have pondered the bad law and decision it was and that conservative judges wrote of. Roe vs Wade was a ā€˜72 decision, long simmering, awaiting a conservative court they knew would eventually come.

Fast forward to Bidenā€™s free-fall administration, Key-stone cops imitation of two and a half years now, with almost every objective social and economic indicator showing significant decline. Biden himself, long a corrupt, incompetent politician, now has become a point of derision even among many Democrats. The so-called November ā€œred waveā€ was imminent.

The Democrats, some four months away from the midterms needed a drastic side-attraction, a diversion. This week their Christmas came with SCOTUSā€™s two decisions ā€” the NYC gun decision and over-turning Roe vs Wade. These two decisions will have two effects. Itā€™s doesnā€™t matter that those weeping in the streets are wholly ignorant of what these two decisions actually mean, 1) they will be used to gin up the vitriol, energize the troops, and become the twisted campaign fodder of the midterms. And 2), they will take the spotlight off blundering Joe Biden which will be a relief.
Posted By: SDLEFTY Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Just heard that California will PAY you to come for an abortion. I also think SD will ban it unless our hot Gov gets told to wait so she can pursue bigger ambitions in Washington.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
There is already talk of ā€œJanesā€™s Revengeā€ a night of violence. Against conservative churches and pro-life Pregnancy Resource Centers.

Brings Krystallnacht to mind.
Posted By: Teal Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Perhaps the Democrat leadership is breathing a sigh of relief. For decades, many of them who could think beyond their gonads, have pondered the bad law and decision it was and that conservative judges wrote of. Roe vs Wade was a ā€˜72 decision, long simmering, awaiting a conservative court they knew would eventually come.

Fast forward to Bidenā€™s free-fall administration, Key-stone cops imitation of two and a half years now, with almost every objective social and economic indicator showing significant decline. Biden himself, long a corrupt, incompetent politician, now has become a point of derision even among many Democrats. The so-called November ā€œred waveā€ was imminent.

The Democrats, some four months away from the midterms needed a drastic side-attraction, a diversion. This week their Christmas came with SCOTUSā€™s two decisions ā€” the NYC gun decision and over-turning Roe vs Wade. These two decisions will have two effects. Itā€™s doesnā€™t matter that those weeping in the streets are wholly ignorant of what these two decisions actually mean, 1) they will be used to gin up the vitriol, energize the troops, and become the twisted campaign fodder of the midterms. And 2), they will take the spotlight off blundering Joe Biden which will be a relief.

This. And they've had 50 years to codify it with law - didn't. How many D majorities and presidencies did they have in that time? Tried doing it when the opinion leaked weeks ago - failed.

If I was getting beat up about this as an R - I'd continue to drive that point home. This was decided on law, not morality and they had 50 years to get the law. They didn't. Why? Because they care more about your vote than they do your opinion or issue.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Reba
In California if you kill a pregnant woman and the baby dies the charge is double homicide.

HOWEVER abortion is legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, and if you die at 19 at the hands of a drunk driver, or a murderous schoolmate your are a child.................

yet, if at 15 you are the drunk driver or a murderer there is a good chance the State will make every attempt to charge you as an adult........................

and it's NOT just in Cali.

18...old enough to vote but not old enough to own/purchase a handgun or ammo for it.
17 ...old enough to join the Marines but not old enough to purchase or even drink a beer with your dad

Who said there has to be logic anywhere?
Posted By: akrange Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Abortions are Happening in Chicongo and Baltbabwa right at this very Minute..
It should be clear prove to even the Dumbest MarxTards that the SC didnā€™t prohibit Abortions ..
Well maybe not in Dumbware their beyond being Rationale..
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Two good and right decisions by the SC in the past two days. Both followed the Constitution and struck down bad and also immoral decisions. Both drove the wedge even deeper between right and left however. We are one step closer to dissolution of this union. It is hard to see how it can be avoided at this point.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The lefty abortionists vote Dem anyway so I donā€™t see much of a threat to the upcoming Red Wave.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22

- bet on Democrats bemoaning that Garland did not get seated by McConnell under Obama

- otherwise, very little will change. I do not see any states fully banning abortion. In the end, setting aside the Roe V. Wade verdict will change less than originally verdict did 50 years ago.
Didn't Texas just do this?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Missouri:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...t-state-to-end-abortion-a-momentous-day/

30 more days in Texas:

https://www.breitbart.com/border/20...t-of-conception-set-to-start-in-30-days/
So, should I buy a can of Foster's and prepare for 'a bit of the old ultra-violence' on TV tonight?? laugh
Originally Posted by ironbender

I thought it was after 6 weeks.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Pelosi will hold the door open for them and distrubute protest signs and have concession stands and toilets setup.

Yep. And the DemoRatā€™s WONā€™T call it an ā€œInsurrectionā€ šŸ¤Ŗ
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Might be sone smoke in the wind, though. smile
Posted By: Longbob Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Texas has a trigger law that supersedes SB 8.
LMAO!!

You know, that is very true. Bad week for Biden.
Originally Posted by Longbob

I just now read about that trigger law. I didn't know about that beforehand. Missouri is a procalimation by the governor. I don't know if that will stand. Things sure got interesting in a hurry.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
The reality, you may see a minor down tick in the number of abortions performed............

The Overturning does not make them illegal, as many have said.

It simply removes Constitutional protection to do so.........

There will be States that enact an out right ban, a few, maybe........

Abortions will still be available, virtually nation wide, and women will get them.

The timing might change, the decision to do so will be sped up.

The budgeting by Congress will also not likely change...

IMHO
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
I have mixed thoughts on this one. Hell, I figure the majority or the babies that are aborted are destined to become a tax burden, and being selfish as I am, I'd rather not pay for another person's mistake. Statistically speaking, many of them are destined for a life or crime as well. So, from that standpoint, I say until that little fuggkker crawls out and starts sucking on a tit, if a woman doesn't want it, she should treat it like any other unwanted growth, cancer for example, and kill it. From what I have read, the constitution doesn't seem to grant the explicit right for a woman to have her fetus executed, so sending that decision to the states seems to be the correct decision from a constitutional standpoint.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
You can bet the liberals will fight for what they believe in on every level.
Originally Posted by SDLEFTY
Just heard that California will PAY you to come for an abortion. I also think SD will ban it unless our hot Gov gets told to wait so she can pursue bigger ambitions in Washington.

And they're already broke????
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
look for a run on pink puzzy hats

I just now read about that trigger law. I didn't know about that beforehand. Missouri is a procalimation by the governor. I don't know if that will stand. Things sure got interesting in a hurry.

They sure did! Somehow I feel a bit better this week than I have in a while.
Originally Posted by Muffin

Actually, "they" aren't paying for it. smile
Question:

When it comes to 'Gun Control' demonstrations I see a great mix, of participants, across the sexes, BOTH of them....

What about abortion? Is there great support for it among men?? Do many men protest FOR this???

I haven't looked much, but every time I see abortion supporters they look like a bunch of bull dykes, and act like they need to be beotch-slapped...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000
There is already talk of ā€œJanesā€™s Revengeā€ a night of violence. Against conservative churches and pro-life Pregnancy Resource Centers.

some local churches have lined up security for the next few days. My fair city is a center for far left radicals.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Liberal tears šŸ˜­ will help Californiaā€™s drought conditions
Originally Posted by Springcove
Liberal tears šŸ˜­ will help Californiaā€™s drought conditions

Glad to help. Hahaha!!!
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by philgood80
Originally Posted by MAC
LMAO!!

As to your point MAC, I can only point to the genius of the founding fathers!

I sometimes wonder if they really were that wise or more like God was guiding their hand in writing our wonderful constitution. Then we have Libratards doing giving their best efforts to mess up a good thing & are consistently trying to unravel the wisdom.
From the triggered and outraged Austin-American Statesman:

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...incics-texas-ban-roe-vs-wade/7725639001/

Planned Parenthood and Whole Womanā€™s Health clinics across Texas have stopped performing abortions following a U.S. Supreme Court decision on Friday overturning Roe v. Wade and ending constitutional protections for abortion.

The watershed ruling allows state legislatures to set distinctive limits on the procedure at any point in pregnancy. In Texas, a so-called trigger law is set to go into effect in the coming weeks, making it a felony to perform an abortion.

Texas also has laws on the books criminalizing abortion that were adopted decades before the 1973 ruling but never repealed by state lawmakers.

Attorney General Ken Paxton on Friday suggested that those laws could now be enforced, writing in an advisory that ā€œabortion providers could be criminally liable for providing abortions starting today.ā€

Officials with both organizations said they are pausing abortion services out of an abundance of caution for their staff and patients.

We donā€™t agree with Ken Paxton about the interpretation of the criminal abortion ban, but to protect our staff and to protect our patients from the hostile elected officials in Texas, we have ceased providing abortion care today,ā€ said Amy Hagstrom-Miller, president and CEO of Whole Womanā€™s Health.

Jeffrey Hons, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood South Texas, said all of the provider's clinics in the state have decided to pause abortion services ā€œwhile our legal teams continue to review todayā€™s devastating ruling.ā€

That includes Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas and Planned Parenthood South Texas.

"We all believe that this pause in abortion care, while heartbreaking, is the best way to protect our staff and patients and ensure we remain strong, viable organizations providing health care," he said.

Under the stateā€™s trigger law, it will become a felony to perform an abortion, except to save the life of a pregnant patient or if the patient risks ā€œsubstantial impairmentā€ of a major bodily function. The law does not include exceptions in the case of rape or incest.

Doctors who perform illegal abortions could face life in prison, fines of up to $100,000 and have their medical license revoked.

The law is slated to go into effect 30 days after the court issues a judgment on Roe v. Wade ā€” a legal document that is released in the weeks following an opinion from the court.

"While it is clear that the Act will take effect, we cannot calculate exactly when until the Court issues its judgement," Paxton wrote in his Friday advisory.

In 1854, Texas lawmakers banned all abortions, unless the pregnant person's life is in danger. That ban has remained on the books ever since, but was unenforceable after the court's landmark ruling in Roe v. Wade in 1973. Republican lawmakers have argued that, should the court reverse its decision on abortion, this longstanding law would again go into effect.

Paxton said it's possible some prosecutors may choose to immediately "pursue criminal prosecutions based on violations of Texas abortion prohibitions predating Roe," as they "are still Texas law."

Texas Democratic Party Leaders on Friday wrote an open letter to local government and law enforcement officials, urging them to refuse to enforce any Texas abortion laws passed by "our extremist, Republican controlled legislature."

"When you assumed office, you took an oath to uphold constitutional rights and to keep your communities safe," wrote Gilberto Hinojosa, chairman of the party, and Shay Wyrick Cathey, its vice chairwoman. "You signed up to make hard decisions that would save the lives of your constituents. Now is the time to take action ā€” the health and safety of our constitutional rights are at stake."
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
I think our country is more divided today than other time in history. I think there are a number of reasons including activist judges and the magic knee grow. I also think liberals have been purposely trying to prod conservatives into violence as a result of this division, so conservatives could be blamed for starting an insurrection. Or maybe that already happened! Hopefully, these recent Supreme Court decisions will encourage other groups or individuals with the means to do so, to challenge laws based on their constitutionality. Chevron is one case yet to be decided with far reaching potential results. I think the NRA could have been much more effective and pretty much circumvented the whole firearms legislation fiasco by challenging the constitutionality of the 1934 machine gun ban and the 1968 gun control laws. But then it wouldn't have been as profitable for old Wayne.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22

In short...

The Communists are gonna throw a hissy fit?

Ahh. Just looked it up. Sounds like itā€™ll be a month or two before a total ban inTX.
OF COURSE they are going to burn churches...

OF COURSE they are going to beat pregnant women to death...

OF COURSE they are going to kill Doctors and Nurses... and Preachers and Pastors...

The question is... what are you gonna do about it?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt

And if by "they're already broke" he is speaking of Cali, guess again. Last I heard the budget surplus will be reaching near $100 Billion ( yes, with a "B") and +/- 50% of that is discretionary and can be used the way the Legislature wants it to be.
Posted By: jeeper Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Yep
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cali... Last I heard the budget surplus will be reaching near $100 Billion ( yes, with a "B")...

Land of Milk and Honey...

California sounds like a Paradise...
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Iā€™m hoping all the baby killers will leave my great state and move to CA where the can kill their children in peace.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22

Yep, a Red wave in November is now up in the air.
Posted By: akrange Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Itā€™s being reported that Lt. Micheal Byrd ( No Relationship to Senator Robert Byrd) will be Suiting up for Tonight Action..
Seems the Capital Police are Confident that Lt. Byrd his the Experience and Ability to Handle White Women.
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/24/22
Some 49% of Americans got a lesson in our Constitutional law. That being "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by Squidge

The masses care about fuel, food prices and watching 401ks dropping. You think supreme court decisions on abortion are impacting most Americans directly, in their family, there wallets?
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Orion2000

some local churches have lined up security for the next few days. My fair city is a center for far left radicals.

Aim small, miss small.
Posted By: Sportsdad60 Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by 45_100
I think our country is more divided today than other time in history. I think there are a number of reasons including activist judges and the magic knee grow. I also think liberals have been purposely trying to prod conservatives into violence as a result of this division, so conservatives could be blamed for starting an insurrection. Or maybe that already happened! Hopefully, these recent Supreme Court decisions will encourage other groups or individuals with the means to do so, to challenge laws based on their constitutionality. Chevron is one case yet to be decided with far reaching potential results. I think the NRA could have been much more effective and pretty much circumvented the whole firearms legislation fiasco by challenging the constitutionality of the 1934 machine gun ban and the 1968 gun control laws. But then it wouldn't have been as profitable for old Wayne.
The Chevron case is exactly why no new refineries have been built since, what, 1974?
Posted By: akrange Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Itā€™s only over when itā€™s Over ..
Splane Sanctuary Cities Constitutionally..

Roll Them or They Roll You
Posted By: Muffin Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by local_dirt

And if by "they're already broke" he is speaking of Cali, guess again. Last I heard the budget surplus will be reaching near $100 Billion ( yes, with a "B") and +/- 50% of that is discretionary and can be used the way the Legislature wants it to be.

I did mean CALI https://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22

Milk and Honey...

I'm gonna tell Granny, Elly May and Jethro... we'll pack the old truck tomorrow.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
The division of America is irreparable...

Lingchi...
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The division of America is irreparable...

Lingchi...

Only one way this gets resolved, and it involves blooding flowing in the streets.
Itā€™s like the shrink told Bob, in ā€œWhat about Bobā€ā€¦.

Death therapy Bob, itā€™s guaranteed to work.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
Originally Posted by Squidge

The masses care about fuel, food prices and watching 401ks dropping. You think supreme court decisions on abortion are impacting most Americans directly, in their family, there wallets?

Yes, the perceived denial of individual liberty supersedes the economics of the moment.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Post Roe Predictions - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
The Chevron case is exactly why no new refineries have been built since, what, 1974?

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=29&t=6

The newest refineries currently operating in the United States

Year built First operated Location Original owner Original capacity b/cd Current owner 2021 Capacity b/cd
2018 2019 Channelview, Texas Targa Resources 35,000 Hartree Partners 35,000
2016 2017 Corpus Christi, Texas Magellan Midstream Partners 42,500 Magellan Midstream Partners 42,500
2015 2015 Corpus Christi, Texas Buckeye Partners 46,250 Buckeye Partners 60,000
2015 2015 Houston, Texas Petromax Refining 25,000 Petromax Refining 25,000
2014 2015 Galena Park, Texas Kinder Morgan 42,000 Kinder Morgan 84,000
1998 1998 Atmore, Alabama Goodway 4,100 Goodway 4,100
1993 1993 Valdez, Alaska Petro Star 26,300 Petro Star 55,000
1991 1992 Ely, Nevada Petro Source 7,000 Foreland 2,000
1986 1987 North Pole, Alaska Petro Star 6,700 Petro Star 19,700
1985 1986 Prudhoe Bay, Alaska ARCO 12,000 ConocoPhillips 15,000
1979 1980 Wilmington, California Huntway 5,400 Valero 6,300
1978 1979 Vicksburg, Mississippi Ergon 10,000 Ergon 26,500
1978 1979 North Slope, Alaska ARCO 13,000 Hillcorp, North Slope 6,500
1977 1978 Lake Charles, Louisiana Calcasieu 6,500 Calcasieu 135,000