Home
This guy needs one.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/metro-police-officer-being-held-in-mexican-jail/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — An officer with the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department is currently being held in a Mexican jail after breaking Mexican federal law.

Lemandries Hawes was arrested at the airport in Cancun, Mexico on July 9 for having his personally-owned pistol in his luggage.

| READ MORE | Latest headlines from Nashville and Davidson County

Metro police said Hawes had declared the pistol with his airline, but it is still a Mexican Federal Offense to bring a gun to Mexico.

An MNPD spokesperson said Hawes was scheduled to appear in court Monday for a hearing.

Hawes was hired as a lateral trainee from Memphis in October 2021. He graduated from the MNPD Academy in February.
Saw that. He’s screwed. Every LEO should know that’s a Federal Offense in Mexico.

I’m guessing the dipschitt assumed since he was LEO, he’d be above the Law. All Groids believe they’re above the Law. 🤪

And Good Luck on the current “Illegal Administration” helping him out.
The B-Ball Lesbian in Russia will have a better chance of Pedo Joe & The Laughing Hyena Ho helping her get out of the Gulag. 😂😂😂
A few years ago a guy was crossing in to Mexico in his car. At the border Mexican cops found a single live 9mm cartridge.

He spent at least 6 months in Mexican prison, and paid many thousands of dollars.
The federales don't mess around. Even spent brass can get one in trouble.
Anyone traveling to a foreign nation should avail themselves of the local and national laws and pertinent regs.

Let alone an enemy nation like the shîthole south of us.
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Yes. Owing to their highly effective police work, Mexico is nearly free of illegal use of firearms.
That giant Lesbo Negress is whining about Russian jails. I bet Mexican jails are worse.

They will arrest the Gringo even for spent brass?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A few years ago a guy was crossing in to Mexico in his car. At the border Mexican cops found a single live 9mm cartridge.

He spent at least 6 months in Mexican prison, and paid many thousands of dollars.

25 years ago, when I was doing Gun Shows, one of the FFL Dealers at the El Paso show drove across the border for some Mexican food. He had some loose shotgun shells in his Suburban from dove season. He was in a Mexico Prison for 5 or 6 years, IIRC.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Anyone traveling to a foreign nation should avail themselves of the local and national laws and pertinent regs.

And carry a roll of $100s in his pocket.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Yes. Owing to their highly effective police work, Mexico is nearly free of illegal use of firearms.
laugh

Well done.

Article said he’d just graduated from the Nashville PD Academy. Also, that he was a former Memphis PD LEO.
I can only imagine how low the hiring standards are for blacks on those two Departments. 🤪
That giant Lesbo Negress is whining about Russian jails. I bet Mexican jails are worse.

If they want a bribe...
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Article said he’d just graduated from the Nashville PD Academy. Also, that he was a former Memphis PD LEO.
I can only imagine how low the hiring standards are for blacks on those two Departments. 🤪

I wouldn’t know. And I bet the Mexicans didn’t either.
He's f-cked, what a dumb ass.

LOL........what hiring standards.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

LOL........what hiring standards.

PREZACTLY!!!
Back in 89, it cost my brother and me, 3 grand to get our younger brother out of jail after he got in a fight in a bar in Matamoras.
Speedy Gonzales, best lawyer in all Mexico
Lemandries? Did he tell them he din do nuffin’? Works for them here.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Nailed it Roger !
The rookie cop exercised such incredibly stupid judgment/lack of critical thinking skills as to think it would be ok to bring a gun to Mexico. He deserves to sit there for quite a while, then when they kick his butt back over the border, he can pack up his crap and go back to whatever he was doing before he decided to become a police officer.

He is obviously too stupid to be entrusted with making decisions that could have life changing consequences for others.
This is one of many reasons I would never set foot in that chithole again. Last time was in '77. Went with a group of my drinking buddies, one who is black. I never knew that Mexicans didn't like brothers. When we finally made the Texas border, I swore I'd never go back. Ain't nothing in that country for me.

Bp...
I wonder if they gave him the ole "iGnOrAnCe oF tHe lAw iS nOt aN eXcUsE," like they give so many people.

And US citizens still flock to Cancun. YGBFSM

And Fire guys will say what a great time they have there and it doesnt impact them.

Lets see, they allow Fentanyl trafficking into the US causing 100,000 deaths here per year.

I wonder just how much that costs the US.
He is obviously too stupid to be entrusted with making decisions that could have life changing consequences for others.[/quote]

Truth
Posted By: dpd Re: Know Any Good Mexican Lawyers? - 07/27/22
Better call Saul !!!
Originally Posted by jaguartx
He is obviously too stupid to be entrusted with making decisions that could have life changing consequences for others.

Truth[/quote]

Probably if your black and have an IQ above 80 with a minimum criminal arrest record, Memphis or Nashville PD will sign ya right up. 🤪
And a Houston woman was caught at the border recently trying to bring 44 AKs and a machine gun into Mexico….but she got caught on our side….probably she’s out already.
I think Remsen is Mexican.....
I got hung up for a bit north of Hermosillo because of my FU on a serial number on a rifle. It had been checked numerous times on the way down at numerous check points. I had identified a poorly stamped 8 as a 6 on a serial number

All of my paperwork was wrong and all it took was a call to someone? and I was sent on my way. Took less than 1/2 hour. I think they called my outfitter

Not related to any of the above but just relating a story. This was about 5-6 years ago. Hell I could still be in a Mexican jail.
Mexico is a corrupt $hithole but it takes next level stupidity to think that your LEO badge makes it OK to take a firearm into a foreign country. Nobody cares that he's a cop outside the U.S.
My guess is from the entrance to the airport to the boarding station, there might have been 20-25 no firearms allowed signs, so hard to allow for anything but stupidity. If he's got any money they will find a way to suck it dry, and still be down there until they decide to cut him loose.
When viewed through the eyes of law abiding “civilians”, bringing a firearm into Mexico is pure stupidity. When viewed through the eyes of cops, a class of people that are generally exempt from having to follow the laws they enforce, this is a simple case of lost in translation and nothing that a little “professional courtesy” can’t overcome. 😉 If this wasn’t a cross border crime or if it had happened at a time when the border wasn’t as contentious as it is now we’d likely never hear about it. The mentality amongst cops is that they will get away with “it”, especially when “it” comes to them being able to make the argument that they were simply following established SOP’s like carrying off duty.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Big time.

Going to cost his family a fortune to get him out now.
Everyone that takes American earned dollars to Mexico for the sake of saving a few bucks entertaining themselves deserves whatever comes their way while there.
Actually he declared the firearm to the airlines, and didn't bother to get an import permit (which more than likely would have been denied) for Mexico.
The Mexican Officials x-ray'd his suitcase and noticed a gun, I guess the orange tag wasn't enough to tip them off??

It's Delta's fault (or what ever airlines) because they didn't triple check all his paperwork (SARCASM).
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When viewed through the eyes of law abiding “civilians”, bringing a firearm into Mexico is pure stupidity. When viewed through the eyes of cops, a class of people that are generally exempt from having to follow the laws they enforce, this is a simple case of lost in translation and nothing that a little “professional courtesy” can’t overcome. 😉 If this wasn’t a cross border crime or if it had happened at a time when the border wasn’t as contentious as it is now we’d likely never hear about it. The mentality amongst cops is that they will get away with “it”, especially when “it” comes to them being able to make the argument that they were simply following established SOP’s like carrying off duty.

I’ve got to disagree with you on this one, Aces. I’d say it was pretty much universal among Law Enforcement that Mexico is an extremely dangerous place where you wouldn’t want to screw around. Most know better than to go there at all! There’s one in every crowd and this Knucklehead was either drunk when he packed it or too stupid to be a cop, even in Memphis.
Glad I don't live on that border.

Have often found myself South of The Border,
Mason-Dixon (in Maryland) with a handgun.
Scares me Every time.
It ain't Mexico, but getting "caught" would cost thou$ands and
jail time.

One time I pulled a cardboard box off the seat of the pickup to take
the cassettes in the big truck. Later that week found me in
Canuckistan, sitting at a dock. Bored. Looking for music, found
my short/long ball starter. Then some quick loads, then an ammo
wallet full of 44mag ammo.

That was disturbing. First chance, they went in a trashcan.

Not always so easy. I travelled to S.Africa and confirmed in advance no problems bringing a crossbow. BUT, I had to pick a travel route. Fortunately the legal beagle I consulted from Jo'burg warned me not to travel through Amsterdam with broadheads. Crossbow okay. Arrows okay. Field points okay. Gutting/skinning knives okay. Broadheads NOT okay. WTF?! And he confirmed that fact even if it was checked luggage.

If travelling thru Amsterdam, stick to hash & pot, and leave the broadheads @ home.
I do not travel to any place that will not allow me be legally armed. There are some places that I would like to go to, but if I did, I could not legally carry a gun, so I came to the conclusion long ago that safety is more important to me than saying "I've been there".
Originally Posted by Stickfight

And carry a roll of $100s in his pocket.
Ahhh, Yes... "Benjamin Road Blocks..."
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Scares me Every time.

Dittos onMaryland. I can drive 1,800 miles to a relative’s house in PA and legally carry all the way except for the 12 miles of Interstate en route that crosses Maryland.

Last year I stopped off to see the New River Gorge in WVa and unexpectedly found myself crossing like 30 miles of Maryland on an interstate right along the northern state line. Doesn’t help any that a buddy has a BiL who’s a Maryland State Trooper, a real d$ck who says he loves to pull over Texas plates to see if he can catch them on firearms violations.

This year I attended a wedding in Norfolk VA n route and headed up the Delmarva Peninsula, fuggin’ Maryland again. Even Delaware has better gun laws.
Once I flew back East to NY State. Found out later I had a speed strip with five .38 Special hollowpoints in my checked-in luggage.

That got my attention, no idea how they got there. If I had used the bag as carry on luggage I woulda been busted, if I had flown to Mexico I woulda been fugged.
The son of a friend of mine spent years in Mexican prison.
He was there on vacation, building homes for habitat for humanity.
He put a prescription bottle in the mail, from a Mexican pharmacy.

Another guy we know found an attorney in NYC that arranged a prisoner exchange between the US and Mexico.
As soon as the US authorities got the son, they released him.
He was very skinny from prison food, his wife had divorced him, his mother had died, but his strong Christian faith was undaunted.
I’ve walked across the Mexican border a few times. Last was in 2003. Never again. The locals harass you for money, and try selling worthless junk. Then the Mexican authorities try to intimidate you upon crossing back into the USA. Back in 2003, a drunken Federally detained my wife at the time. We realized then we truly had no rights, and could disappear. People say to drive across and go to tourist resorts. That’s even worse. No more trips to beandog land.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Scares me Every time.

Dittos onMaryland. I can drive 1,800 miles to a relative’s house in PA and legally carry all the way except for the 12 miles of Interstate en route that crosses Maryland.

Last year I stopped off to see the New River Gorge in WVa and unexpectedly found myself crossing like 30 miles of Maryland on an interstate right along the northern state line. Doesn’t help any that a buddy has a BiL who’s a Maryland State Trooper, a real d$ck who says he loves to pull over Texas plates to see if he can catch them on firearms violations.

This year I attended a wedding in Norfolk VA n route and headed up the Delmarva Peninsula, fuggin’ Maryland again. Even Delaware has better gun laws.

I am curious how the recent SC ruling will affect the Maryland laws.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
The son of a friend of mine spent years in Mexican prison.
He was there on vacation, building homes for habitat for humanity.
He put a prescription bottle in the mail, from a Mexican pharmacy.

Another guy we know found an attorney in NYC that arranged a prisoner exchange between the US and Mexico.
As soon as the US authorities got the son, they released him.
He was very skinny from prison food, his wife had divorced him, his mother had died, but his strong Christian faith was undaunted.

Wished I had a nickel for every time some Mexican national came in the shop with an postal bag obviously mailed to them here from the interior and the contents was always some kind of handgun they needed parts for. We never had the parts.

Any Ammo on your person or inside your vehicle makes them a mexican ATM and for about as long as your host chooses.

I can relate $25,000 worth of one time payment for son in law and his dad. If Buddy hadn’t owned a ranch in Del Rio and had a very good friend Veterinarian in Acuna they’d both still be in jail there. 2 shotgun shells. Tore his Dodge pickup to pieces searching after they found the 2 shotgun shells. Had to sit on buckets to drive back across.
Long ago as a young man we enjoyed our trips across. We ran the rodeo circuit along the border and would slip over when we could. Pretty dark eyed girls and friendly people. Wouldn't go there on a bet these days.
No run ins down there myself, but I've had some experiences with graduate students from Mexico. Success with technicalities is entirely dependent on who you know or can pay off.

My personal rule with international travel is "don't break the law." Could be worse. He could have landed in NY.

Forrest Gump had a saying that pretty much applies in his situation.
My friend had to pay the Mexican prison to feed his son in prison....still, he was starving.
Originally Posted by Longbob
Scares me Every time.

Up until now, you had to have a "Reasonable Cause" in order to get a CCW such as you own a business, go to the bank for a business, or you're an armed guard, etc., etc. After the SC ruling, all of that got thrown out and the governor made it so anybody can get a CCW after going through the 16 hours of training, finger printed, and a live fire test. I've been a business owner for 25 years and have always thought about getting a carry permit, but I've been too busy and they made you jump through a bunch of hoops, so I never did it. Back in 2020 when the SHTF, I wanted to go for it but just haven't had the time. The day after the SC ruling came down, I signed up for the class before they got bogged down. Well, they're bogged down now, but I still applied. Should see it in a couple of months.

As far as traveling through MD with a gun goes, you can do it, however, it needs to be unloaded. You can also transport a gun to and from the range or hunting. You guys make it sound like they're gonna lock you up and throw away the key for transporting a firearm. Just don't do anything stupid like speeding or driving like a maniac and unload it and you'll be fine. I drive around with guns in the truck a couple of times a week and have never had a problem.

Now DC is the place that you don't want to get caught with as much as an empty shotgun shell.
Most cops ain't to smart, and this one is no exception.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by Longbob
Scares me Every time.

Up until now, you had to have a "Reasonable Cause" in order to get a CCW such as you own a business, go to the bank for a business, or you're an armed guard, etc., etc. After the SC ruling, all of that got thrown out and the governor made it so anybody can get a CCW after going through the 16 hours of training, finger printed, and a live fire test. I've been a business owner for 25 years and have always thought about getting a carry permit, but I've been too busy and they made you jump through a bunch of hoops, so I never did it. Back in 2020 when the SHTF, I wanted to go for it but just haven't had the time. The day after the SC ruling came down, I signed up for the class before they got bogged down. Well, they're bogged down now, but I still applied. Should see it in a couple of months.

As far as traveling through MD with a gun goes, you can do it, however, it needs to be unloaded. You can also transport a gun to and from the range or hunting. You guys make it sound like they're gonna lock you up and throw away the key for transporting a firearm. Just don't do anything stupid like speeding or driving like a maniac and unload it and you'll be fine. I drive around with guns in the truck a couple of times a week and have never had a problem.

Now DC is the place that you don't want to get caught with as much as an empty shotgun shell.

Thank you for the clarification and explanation.
Another affirmative action success story. The dumb groid must have been sound asleep in class. Let the phugger rot in Mexican jail.
He may have thought he had special, magical cop privileges
Originally Posted by Bobmar

I’ve got to disagree with you on this one, Aces. I’d say it was pretty much universal among Law Enforcement that Mexico is an extremely dangerous place where you wouldn’t want to screw around. Most know better than to go there at all! There’s one in every crowd and this Knucklehead was either drunk when he packed it or too stupid to be a cop, even in Memphis.

Bob, Fair enough…. I think you and I aren’t too far apart on this but I tend to see more of the “cowboy” attitude in these things. I saw it daily when I was working and I recognize it easily now. I’m of course basing my “insight” on the same article as you and I might be wrong….. I am willing to be wrong for once. 😁

All my best to you Bob. 👍
StoneCutter,
Not a lawyer, don't begin to know MD law.

Do know that when we lived near Hyndman Pa, and wanted to take
a handgun along fishing to Cumberland Dam, (in PA) we called the
MD State Police and ask about hauling it through Maryland.
That trip was the short way, around the southern end of Wills Mtn.
Into and back out of Maryland.

We were told to just leave that handgun out of Maryland, getting
caught would mean prison time. Or, to drive the extra 30 miles north
around the mountain, staying out of Maryland.

There are weird laws about casing long guns, but that isn't too bad.

PS. Our handguns are not unloaded in the car. They aren't their for
transport.
some laws are made to be broken, don't give them a reason to pull you over.
I don’t post much on 24 hr anything. You can say good morning and some [bleep] will attack you. Consequently 24hr loses a lot of good input from many good and knowledgeable people. Anyway this a true story and I’m sticking to it. Let the wanabe internet bullshit wizards start flaming.
In my wild and misspent younger days me and another outfitter buddy partied quite abit and purposefully over endulged in as much spirits and women as possible in Mexico.Nobody likes Texans but they love our money and oil technology. That’s why we’re tolerated. Or maybe it was our patriotic responsibility to sow as much diplomacy, goodwill and seeds as possible.Dirty job but someone has to do it.
Anyway, many years ago we had a helluva rough night partying in a Mexican border town. However, we did make it back to our hotel in on piece and with all belongings. Next morning the phone rings in our room. The clerk said senor you need to come down to the desk asap. I hung up on and looked out the window only to see a bunch of jeeps and Mexican soldiers. I woke my buddy and told him we were in deep chit and he needed the get up and look out the window. Slowly he did, never said a word, then proceeded to shave and shower. We finally get downstairs.
We had gotten so dunk the night before that one of us had drove our jeep up the hotel steps and lodged it in the doors of the elevator. We get downstairs only to be greeted by the cops. The Captain said we had a big problem. My buddy surveys the situation and doesn’t say a word. Then. He pulls a roll of hundred dollars bills out of his pocket. He takes a handful and stuffs them in the Captain’s shirt pocket. He tells the Captain, congratulations, you found my jeep .The Captain looks at him, looks at the jeep lodged in the elevator, and then looks at the roll of hundred dollar bills. Then he snaps his fingers, commands the soldiers and they pick up the Jeep. Then they carry it out of the hotel. The Captain tells my buddy, thank you sen’or , if you ever need anything else you just let me know. The world hates us but they love the greenback.
Originally Posted by Bobmar

Bob, Fair enough…. I think you and I aren’t too far apart on this but I tend to see more of the “cowboy” attitude in these things. I saw it daily when I was working and I recognize it easily now. I’m of course basing my “insight” on the same article as you and I might be wrong….. I am willing to be wrong for once. 😁

All my best to you Bob. 👍

Thank you, Sir and good night!
Only Obama, holder, and the atf are alowed to send guns into Mexico and only cartel members are allowed to possess them. Decent people with guns are not tolerated by corrupt leftist oligarchys. Much like it is here now. Decent people error on the wrong side of the law and get the book thrown at them. Career criminals walk with no cash bail over and over again.

I haven't been to Mexico in 11 years and I hope I never have to go back. You couldnt even gas up your car without being ripped off and then threatened by their police that you would go to jail if you complained about. Corrupt lying theiving cowards that gang up on you at every chance and always try to screw with you just because your white. I lived in south africa and that's a rough place but I'd go back there 100 times before I ever go back to Mexico. If I'm ever in Mexico again it'll be because I'm running from the law on my way to somewhere else.

My grandpa used to live every winter in mazatlan and loved it there until about 1990. But he had money and connected friends. Probably ok place if your a cartel boss or part of the oligarchy.

Bb
Stickfight: Good one!
Funny but oh so true.
I would never again travel to any part of Mexico - its been 30+ years since I touched the sand on the island of Cozumel, Mexico.
Lifes to short to risk it in that abhorrent, dangerous, third world, schit hole.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
BTW you said good, lawyer, and Mexican in the sane sentence. You should probably just go buy a mega millions ticket because the odds are better.

Bb
© 24hourcampfire