Home
Met the first in high school, a cheer leader, became a better friend than wife. Lasted 12 yrs

Met second in a dance hall, can you believe that? We are on way to one now. Been 36 now
Next row over in Bio 101 with hair down to her ass.
Camping out overnight to get tickets to the 1987 N.C. State vs. East Carolina University football game.
Mervyn's Stores Lingerie Department, she was folding panties.
Been one year today since I lost my wife. We met on a blind date.
She stalked me on eHarmony.
Truck stop.
She was dating my best friend.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Sorry for your loss!
We grew up together. We went to the same school and even rode the same school bus. With this conserved, it is amazing that she married me! laugh

I know how much you loved your wife, Anniversaries like this suck!
Blind date. Friend of a girl a friend of mine dated. 4th of July waterskiing. Married on Nov 4. Didn’t give her time for extended background checks.
Originally Posted by hanco
How did you meet your significant other?

High School, Class of '88. I fooled her back when I was thin and had hair. smile

She's aged a lil' more gracefully than me. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Little place with live music called the Clear Lake Lodge. Asked her to dance and she said no.

Later changed her mind and we connected. Been married 37 years. Please pray for her, she's in the hospital with cancer.
My roommate liked her and made the mistake of inviting her to our apartment.
Community college.

Surprised none of you chumps are admitting to Craigslist smile
Originally Posted by Morewood
Little place with live music called the Clear Lake Lodge. Asked her to dance and she said no.

Later changed her mind and we connected. Been married 37 years. Please pray for her, she's in the hospital with cancer.

Sorry to hear.
A previous girlfriend ( we both knew it wasn't going anywhere...) introduced us, thinking she would be just right for me. She was.
Blind date. One of my fraternity brothers and one of her sorority sisters were engaged and they set us up for the party following the spring Red/Blue football game. Married two years later and it’s been 50 years as of a couple weeks ago. 😊
Friend of my younger sister.

I am truly sorry to hear that.
Her dad was one of my clients when I sold insurance right out of school. He introduced us at a golf tournament. Been married 12 years (nearly).
Daughter ask this at supper one night.

"I was at Riverside (grocery she worked at) and had to poop.
Met her coming out as I went in. She had crapped, and the smell was
so bad I spun around to leave, slipped/fell and hit my head.
When I came to, she was leaning over me, and I thought she was an angel."

Girls didn't believe me, wife said I'm full of shït.
But it's a great story!😁😁

She worked with my sister.
It was a blind date, i met her in her parents kitchen.
I met my first wife in my early twenties at a McDonald's that was right by my work. I used to go in there everyday and noticed a new girl workng there turned away from me making a drink that had a nice ass in those tight black pants. She turned around and shot me a huge smile at first sight and I know I did too. We flirted everyday that I went in there for a few weeks, went out on a few dates and eloped in a week. I got two wonderful kids out of her but lost her to an accident a few years ago. My current wife and I have known each other since kindergarten and literally had the same kindergarten teacher and went through school together and never thought a thing about the other but reconnected on Facebook of all places and been going strong ever since.
I am so sorry kaywoodie.

Prayers for her Morewood.

Had to warm up or freeze to death. Car was having engine replaced, ex-wife took the truck. Only thing I had running was a ducati monster. Went down to 7 degrees on the way home from work. She was the manager of the place I stopped at. Main Street Bistro, Springville, AL.
Britishwives.com

For some reason the russianwives.com website wasn’t working that day and I couldn’t wait.

Should have...Our kids have terrible teeth.
8th grade summer party. Been married 52 years.
Our fathers were best friends. I used to hunt with her father and grandfather and her grandfather gave me my first real summer job as a kid. We never really knew each other because she was born right about when I was finishing high school but it's a very small town and we knew of each other. Finally, circumstances brought us together, we looked at each other, and that's all she wrote.
Originally Posted by Stammster
Britishwives.com

For some reason the russianwives.com website wasn’t working that day and I couldn’t wait.

Ukrainian mail order brides are flying off the shelves. laugh
Originally Posted by skeen
Britishwives.com

Yep. During Covid, China was running a buy 1, get 3 free special. Very popular with the Mormons.
We were both attending the same evangelism event.
1st encounter, did not actually meet, didn't even see her face, that came later........

I was at a HS basketball game, with a co-worker Doug, we were sitting about half way up the bleachers....

This creature, apparently sitting above/behind us, came walking down past us....

I noted to Doug '...that's the best pair of walking away bluejeans I have ever laid eyes one...'

To which he says '...HEY!, THAT'S MY SISTER...'

Introduced a week or so later, began dating a few weeks after, Summer of '74........... married '76, still here.....

PS: I should have had those jeans BRONZED...............

Done!
She was my boss at work. Still is.

You got it, Buddy. Very sorry to hear this, but we are pulling for her!

Very sorry for your loss..
High school sweethearts, Got married in 1974.
Cruising main street 44 years ago, we were both 18, married at 20 and she still loves me, and puts up with my crazy stuff. She's the very best thing that ever happened to me. I'm a blessed man.
I am sorry to hear that. Been ten years this month to me.
I starting working at the place she worked at. She was a contract worker and I was direct.
College. A group of us played cards between classes, and that's how we got to know each other. That was 53 years ago.
Well! I didn’t think it would take this long , but here goes, I met her in a bar,
Prison infirmary.
I met this last one while fly fishing on the San Juan River, in New Mexico.
Another person introduced us, and we've been together almost 26 years now.
Been fishing together all over since then too !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My future wife was an exec on a show for which I was writing at Goldwyn Studios in Hollywood. Later, we began dating, fell in love and were married. That was in 1976. We had a very good marriage.

L.W.
Fireman’s festival. 1987 I think. Was just taking a break, hanging out and she walked by. Got my game on pretty quick and made a date. She stood me up though and I moved on. Month or so later we hooked up again and been together ever since. Struggle to this day about the how and why but would not trade it for anything else real or perceived.
My wife was best friends with a girl I was dating. We couldn’t stand each other at the time. Got together 3 years later and been going strong ever since.
Step mother was my brother in law’s godmother. She introduced my dad and I to their family in around 1969. My wife was 7 and I was 8. We got married in 2010. Wife has a picture of her brother and the two of us and the fish we caught that day on her parents dairy farm. We call it our first date.
Local hospital had a reception / meet & greet for their new physician. Co-worker went, came back, and said: "I just have three words to describe the new doc. HOT HOT HOT! and not wearing a ring". I went and checked her out. Then saw her walking her new puppy a while later. Stopped to talk. Etc...
Met my wife in the library while studying, we shared an Accounting class. Crazy thing was, the first time I asked her out, she turned me down. Glad I wouldn't take no for an answer and asked again.

G23
I got picked up at a Sadie Hawkins dance. 4 and 1/2months later we were married. More than 43 years now.
Maverick940, is that you?
Drinking and dancing ... 22+ years ago
Met her at the store she managed.

That was 43 years ago.
My ex-wife's boss. I was surprised she went out with me.
I had just gotten off of work and was walking to my apartment. I was in uniform. She yelled through a screened window "hey, do you know Jenny Welch"? Jenny was the Chief Deputies wife. Jenny and my future wife both worked as hairdressers in the same salon. Jenny had been talking to another one of the girls in the same shop about calling me up but she was reluctant. It appears my future wife spoke to me first. We were married 8 months later. It's been just over 40 years now.

kwg
My wife doesn’t hardly ever drink because she’s “allergic” to alcohol being as she doesn’t produce the enzymes required to break the alcohol down so the fact that I met her at a local dance hall/bar is pretty weird. She wasn’t into the bar scene at all having only ever gone with her girlfriend a couple times previous but that weekend changed the course of both our lives for the better. She and her best friend were planning on going to her parents new house in Chelan and do some skiing at the slopes by their house in December of 1996 but a major snowstorm closed the mountain pass. Friday night my buddy and I went to this bar/dance hall that was easily accessible considering the big snow we’d had and we had a good time. There was a redhead waitress who was coming on to me and she told me that if I showed up the following night she’d give me her number and we’d get together. Saturday night I showed up around 8ish and the redheaded waitress immediately brought me a bottle of Bud that she’d tore the label off….perfect, I’m off to a good Saturday night. That’s when I saw my future wife….it was almost like something from the part of a movie where Hollywood special effects focus the angelic light around the most beautiful person in the room and everything goes silent. I asked her to dance and we spent the rest of the night dancing and getting to know each other. At closing time I gave her a hug good night and we exchanged numbers.

Our first date we went to the Grillhouse Taproom in Kenmore on Lake Washington for dinner and then we went to see Jerry McQuire at the theater. I gave her a hug good night and told my friends at work that last night was the last first date I’ll ever be on again since I just met my wife….the person I’ll spend the rest of my life with. They thought I was crazy but 9 months later we were married on the beach in Langley on Whidbey Island with only her mom and dad…my mom and dad and the preacher. It was a perfect wedding and the best decision I’ve EVER made….in 5 weeks we celebrate 25 years married. It was fate that she was there and fate that had me returning to that bar 2 nights in a row.
Met her at my first full time job out of college. She was the plant manager's secretary and she made the rounds delivering and picking up mail for the engineering and lab depts in our building. Our first date was Thanksgiving Eve 1975, engaged 3 weeks later and married in July 1976. Last July made anniversary #46.
I was on the golf course. She was the beercart girl.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Well! I didn’t think it would take this long , but here goes, I met her in a bar,

Same here, in college on the central coast of California. It was late 1983 IIRC.
She chased me across the parking lot in 11th grade toward my Dodge Powerwagon, like some lost golden retriever

She was wanting me to go to prom with her. That pork chop tied around her neck sealed the deal.
Met mine at a Barnes & Noble book store in Hampton Roads VA when I was stationed there. I went in to buy a copy of the Double Gun Journal magazine and saw this cute little blonde looking at some medical books. The rest is history.
We met in 1986 in the Ramsey County Detox in St. Paul Minnesota been together ever since.
Well, we were stationed on the same ship, a submarine tender (USS Holland AS-32) out of Charleston, SC and we met at a ship's 4th of July picnic. A friend of ours introduced us, that was back in 1987, she got out when her hitch was up and we married a week later at the base chapel there at the Naval Weapons Station in Goose Creek. Of course now, we wish she had stayed in and we were double dipping on .mil retirements now, but...
We will not comment on my first wife. A total disaster. Just to keep it simple, her family hated my guts and my family hate her guts. Never had a chance although we did have about 3.5 years and two kids. I treat it as an unforgetable bad dream.

About a tear after the divorce I'm at work at the Post Office and I look across the room and this very pretty woman was staring at me. To be honest I stared back. I I saw she had a couple of mail bags full I went over and put them on the appropriate dolly. I said Hi and she said high back. I got lucky and snaagged her at lunch and we talked Turns out she's married with three kids. Separated from one hell of dirtbag husband who when they were together would bring his girl friend over and sleep with her. I found out she had to catch a bus to come and go to work so I started picking her up and taking her home. Well her old man got upset about that arrangement and threatened to do her and the kids in. She had family in Nevada so I sent her to be with them until things cooled down. I quit my job and moved to Nevada and we moved in together. Between us she finally got enough money to divorce the bum. A week later we got married. We had 52 glorious years together although the last three were rough. On March 12, 2019 she passed from the effects od Alzheimer's disease. I still miss her.
PJ
High School 41 years ago
Met my 1st wife in college. 33 years before cancer got her. Met my current one on a Christian online dating site. Sometimes those sites actually do work. 14 years now.
Blind date 52 years ago. Still the one!
Church
County Jail.. was doing 20 mph over speed limit....

she was one of the guards... let me break out....

If I didn't go out with her and then marry her, she said she would turn me in...
Met in basic training, both active duty. Married half way through my tech school. Finally got assigned together 6 months later. We were told it wouldn't last but it is still a great journey, 51+ years ago.
Blind date, a friend of mine from school was dating her sister and set us up on a double date. Shoulda shot him. Nah, he's been my brother in law since 1985.
While working at a blood drive, she dropped off her business card while leaving as told me to call her if I needed insurance.

Married 9 years this month and together for 16. Daughter turned 6 yesterday. Time flies.
I met my wife at a highschool beer party at a classmates house. She was a freshman and there with my little brother who was maybe 8th grade?. I had a drivers liscense maybe 16? Been 43 years now and hes on his second wife and I’m still on his first girlfriend😬
Here on the campfire, DeFlave loves me.

Haha
Met my current wife after being divorced from the first "train wreck" for 5 years. I was buying a house and needed to arrange for insurance. Walked into local insurance agency office and there she was. Seemed impressive. Decided I needed additional information about some nonsense potential issue and dropped in again the next day. Hmm... out to lunch. No, sorry, I could not let anyone else help me. Came back again in about an hour and asked her about some nonsense and got a quizical, but friendly response. After a bit of friendly small talk and having established that she was also single, I managed to get a phone number if I should have any additional questions after office hours. We will have been married for 33 years next month. Also living in the same house I was then buying.
met her ice skating [ picked on girls that were having trouble ] married 2 years later, gave me 3 great kids, she died from cancer complications a week befor our 48 anniversary , that was 6 years ago,

Looking for another one gem but hard to find.
She was the younger sister of a good college friend and came to the same college - hardly knew her for quite a while, except that she worked the breakfast counter in the dining hall and made some nice wisecrack every time I encountered her there.

A couple of years later, and out of the blue, she invited me on a hayride - Sadie Hawkins type event put on by her literary sorority. We had a very enjoyable ride, cookout and evening - for desert she fed me s'mores until I was stuffed. The ride back to the college was even nicer.

From that evening on, we became more and more close and were married within a year. That was 63 years ago. Four lovely and precious daughters with the best wife imaginable.
Personal ads in the local newspaper. Pre-innanet.

No joke.

Married 27 years.

P
Bus on the way to elementary school, I've known her since the 3rd grade. Worked together at Fred Meyer in high school and started dating. Married 34.5 years.
I was the DOS Operating System Guru at the local tech college. She was a student. I remember her from the first night of class, because we caught the same elevator going down and by the time it had gone 3 floors, she had blurted out her whole life story.

I ran my class like an extended stand-up routine. She got all the jokes.

She came to me the week before mid-terms and told me she couldn't eat or sleep, thinking about me.

We'll be married 25 years this November.
When I was young we had a family next door with several kids, only one of which was a boy my age. In time they moved away to a farm. Our parents kept in touch. More time passed and the family moved back to a town about 10 miles away from where I still lived. I went to visit my male former neighbour and this girl lived next door. We started dating and stayed together for about 3 years. At the end of last month we celebrated our 64th anniversary. A total of 67 years together if we count the time we dated. I guess some things were meant to be.

Jim
Tinder
Over a griz in Wyoming.

My pickup line was "First bear?"

Truth
I met the first one at church and we divorced years later.
I was helping to do chores for a good buddy whose health was declining and his daughter (from out of town) kept checking up on him and I was always there... right place right time.
My buddy passed but I've kept the daughter!
Bought a camper , she met me at IGA parking lot to give me the title , wearing a bathing suit top and cutoffs . An eye popper she was , had to know , “holy shiet girl , are they real”
Eyes got big and then with a smirk and small smile , “behave , I have my sisters kids with me”
Turned and walked away .
Didn’t see her again for at least a year .
Dropped into a sports shop and there she was , cleaning the minnow tank , made some small talk and asked her about getting together .
No dice , she was married .
Left her my business card and told her if she ever needed anything give me a call .
1 1/2-2 yrs later setting on throne and phone rings , didn’t recognize the number but did recognize the voice .
Small talk and a meeting arranged .
They were real and 12 yrs later we’re still together.
Kenneth
Community college, Met Sept, 1971, married Dec. 28, 1971. Still married.
Our daughters were competing in an out of town swim meet! We were both divorced, and we shared many of the same values. We both loved hunting, camping, fishing, shooting, fitness, and were politically very similar in views! memtb
I was out with a hunting buddy at a restaurant Happy Hour after work. Saw my future wife sitting with another guy who was drinking beer. Waited till he went to take a piss and went over, introduced myself and got her number. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary in Coastal Maine( Great trip, BTW)
My wife worked at the travel agency that sold me a plane ticket,i asked her out in front of an office full of women who giggled and pretended to not be listening to us. We lost touch and 20 years later re-connected and married.
I married my secretary……..second wife………going on 21 years now.
She was a student in one of my classes when I was teaching
Met her through a dating service. Five minutes into the first phone convo I had with her, she told me she voted for Reagan. Thought this is a keeper.
Pulled into McDonald's June 6,1971....she was there with 2 girls friends....long story was my buddy married one ...lasted less than 6 months...I married mine and the other one is lost in history. Been married since 3/11/1971 so what ? 51.5 years. She is till THE ONE!
Mail order
I was working at a ford dealership..... she was hired on as a receptionist..... she brought me a cup of coffe one morning........ and the rest is history
Met my wife in the dining hall in college. Knew she was the one and still is after 43 years.
I retired in 2014 & was a widower in 2016 due to a mean alcoholic who couldn't control her drinking. In 2017 I joined Our Time on Thursday June 22 and communicated with a beautiful little registered nurse who had just joined OT also. We chatted back & forth for a few days as I was helping good friends on their dairy farm and was making home made strawberry jam at the time. We made plans to have dinner on Saturday June 24 but she didn't have a car to meet me as her son was working that afternoon and needed their car to get to his job. She gave me her address and I met an angel that afternoon. Her best friend found out that we were meeting at her place before going out and rushed right over before I got there just to make sure that I wasn't (in her words) an ax wielding serial killer. All was good because I showed up with a jar of fresh strawberry jam and a dozen of fresh brown eggs. We're in love with each other and have been happily married for three years now.
Wedding in Sioux Falls 1996. Been together since. One of the few wise moves I've made. grin
had been off work because of a nasty motor cycle accident and it was my Harley totaled . so when i got back to work there was a long haired blond in tight blue jeans working in shipping department a college girl for this summer job turned out a friend of mine`s sister he worked there too. 4 years later i married this wonderful sweety learned to behave myself and stay out of the bars and no more motorcycles. been with her now for 48 great years, this is my only marriage ,but the one thing is i promised no more motorcycles ever.
In the middle of Pensacola Bay....

I had just bought my Road King. Acquaintance wanted to see and go for a ride. Met him at a local bar, she was on the back of his bike.

Hit it off and she's been on the back of mine ever since.
Was recently divorced from a 2 year marriage (we both were young and stupid). Living in an apartment.

I was at the pool, she was coming home from work. Watched her walk to her apartment like a angel. "Was she glancing at me..?".

Ten minutes later she came out to the pool in a bathing suit and introduced herself.

Not sure if it was love at first sight, but I was sure like being love struck
Blind date our mutual friends set us up on, after both of us ending engagements about 6 months earlier.
First date was March 17,1978 and married February 17,1979.
Still going strong.
Jail
I was recently divorced and talking to someone about wanting to meet a good woman. They gave me a name and I didn't know her. I called her 3 times and she just shot me down. So I went to her office and walked in and introduced myself. We have been married 28 years
In an electrical engineering lab in 1976 she was showing me how to calculate phasors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasor
High school, 50 years ago in music class. She was a freshman, I was a junior. She has the voice of an angel. We both bounced around for a while, but I had it bad for her for a while. It took almost 10 years but we married in 1984. I still see that cute little freshman when I wake up.
High school friends. We never dated.

She came up to see me in AK and then she moved up after that trip. One day I just asked her what she was doing this weekend and if she wanted to get married. She said yes.

Let me tell you, her fiancee and my girlfriend were pissed. Been over 25 years.
I have three exes that I won't get into here, but I was introduced to #4 by a pal. She was a friend of gal he was dating. Married 30 years now.
1st one was the sister of a friend and I had known her for years, but not well enough it turned out, that marriage lasted 90 days. Her father and brother told me not to marry her, but I didn't listen to them. They were right, I was wrong. Her mother passed away last year and left me $9K in her estate, $100 for every day that I was married to her daughter. I heard that my ex was really unhappy with that distribution!

2nd one was a classmate in grad school, has lasted 35 years and counting.
Post Office
Cruising the local elementary school. Most of the time that would get you arrested with a felony but she was my nephew’s student teacher. I had gone to eat lunch with him and his teacher set us up. That was 15 years ago
My latest girlfriend just walked on over and said she was interested. I'd literally been out here 2 years and had never even met her. She's my closest neighbor about 1/4 mile away and owns a 20 acre hobby farm. She's an RN by trade.

She troubles me though, because she is smarter than me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Let me tell you, her fiancee and my girlfriend were pissed. Been over 25 years.

Originally Posted by jorgeI

Nice lifts.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
1st one was the sister of a friend and I had known her for years, but not well enough it turned out, that marriage lasted 90 days. Her father and brother told me not to marry her, but I didn't listen to them. They were right, I was wrong. Her mother passed away last year and left me $9K in her estate, $100 for every day that I was married to her daughter. I heard that my ex was really unhappy with that distribution!

2nd one was a classmate in grad school, has lasted 35 years and counting.

That's funny! laugh laugh

A delayed dowry!
Met mine at Roger's family reunion.
Walking the beagle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Nice lifts.
Bitchin plaid jacket.
I'll come clean... I met my Hula Girl through the printed singles adds in our local paper prior to all the online dating. I figured I wasn't going to meet Miss wonderful out in the hills chasing coyotes so WTH right? Did this for a couple years just to get laid and laid I did. Then on August 10 1994 I met my future Bride and the rest is history as they say. I'm 7 years older than her and we both grew up in Santa Ana CA.

Turns out we had some of the same teachers at different schools in town. My older brother lived in an apartment with his new wife just a block away on the same street as the house where my wife grew up. I would hang in front of my brothers place to work on cars and such almost every day so I could imagine there I am, 16 years old and this 9 year old girl would be walking or riding her bike past me on her way to the local college to play sports cause she was athletic and me not knowing this would be my future wife 23 years later. I only wish I had met her sooner I was 37, she was 30...

Prolly seen her God knows how many times growing up around our city. We had a few things in common beside some of the same teachers. Both our Fathers served in the U S Army Air Corp during WWII. She battled breast cancer earlier this year the Docs found it real early it was barely deemed as stage 1 after a lumpectomy and 36 rounds of radiation treatments the Docs declared her cancer free so we both feel blessed for that god willing she stays that way.

I was a bouncer at a local dive bar and had to throw her ass out! She threw a right cross and I grabbed her in a half nelson. Trying to sink the other arm she bit me so I took her to the ground. We wrassled around for a bit and she got turned over. The scuffle had smeared her drawn on eyebrow over her good eye! She was still trying to bite me but her false teeth weren't having any of it. As I held her there waiting for the cops we started up a little small talk. I lovingly wiped down her false teeth on my faded blue jeans and put them in for her. I then loosened the zip tie on her wrists up a bit to show her I cared and put her weave in her pocket for when she got bailed out. She ended up in the klink for three months because she had a few warrants.

I went and visited quite a bit. She didn't like me much, but when she got out, I was there to pick her up with a brand new peg leg I'd whittled for her. I even drew on a little dolphin on the ankle. She says this won her over.

23 years September 11th.
Brutal...
Hig you motorboatin summabich!!!
I was delivering a UPS route where she worked in an office. We made chit chat small talk 30-45 seconds at a time while I dropped stuff off. One day she asked me what Brown could do for her. So I showed her. After that, she wouldn't stop following me around, so I married her. 22 years ago.
It's a no holds barred match after 23 years!

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Walking the beagle

Pocono, I can't help but think "walking the beagle" is a metaphor for something. laugh
Originally Posted by Higginez
I was a bouncer at a local dive bar and had to throw her ass out! She threw a right cross and I grabbed her in a half nelson. Trying to sink the other arm she bit me so I took her to the ground. We wrassled around for a bit and she got turned over. The scuffle had smeared her drawn on eyebrow over her good eye! She was still trying to bite me but her false teeth weren't having any of it. As I held her there waiting for the cops we started up a little small talk. I lovingly wiped down her false teeth on my faded blue jeans and put them in for her. I then loosened the zip tie on her wrists up a bit to show her I cared and put her weave in her pocket for when she got bailed out. She ended up in the klink for three months because she had a few warrants.

I went and visited quite a bit. She didn't like me much, but when she got out, I was there to pick her up with a brand new peg leg I'd whittled for her. I even drew on a little dolphin on the ankle. She says this won her over.

23 years September 11th.

I make up stories for the grandkids.... I can see some new material here.
Mine showed her boobs to me while I was driving my tractor.
Lined em all up and did one potato, two potato until only one was left....
I am told the two of us played together one afternoon when about five years old.

I next saw her at age 20, but was mistakenly informed she was married.

I spoke to her five years later at her Grandmother's funeral. Labor Day weekend 1982. We announced our engagement at my family's Christmas party a few months later, and got married before Valentine's Day '83.

Almost forty years later, three kids, and ten grandkids.
And the rest is history lol

Can you post this just one more time please? Thank you
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I'll come clean... I met my Hula Girl through the printed singles adds in our local paper prior to all the online dating. I figured I wasn't going to meet Miss wonderful out in the hills chasing coyotes so WTH right? Did this for a couple years just to get laid and laid I did. Then on August 10 1994 I met my future Bride and the rest is history as they say.

Go for what you know bro
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Now THAT is interesting!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Met mine at Roger's family reunion.

Your wife is an 18 yo Mexican?!
I was in a wheat field counting Russian wheat aphids in a pesticide trial. A truck stopped and this pretty woman got out to release russian wheat aphid parasites. That was 1988.
Originally Posted by hanco
Met the first in high school, a cheer leader, became a better friend than wife. Lasted 12 yrs

Met second in a dance hall, can you believe that? We are on way to one now. Been 36 now

Skyway bar in Idaho Falls, 1981. She winked at me so I bought her a drink, and the rest is history.
In 2002 I was working in the Netherlands and got a visa sponsored by my employer to visit our office in St. Petersburg, Russia...no work, just a vacation for me. I was having a smoke in a coffee shop near the Hermitage next to a table with two gorgeous young Russian ladies who, it turned out, were also on holiday visiting relatives. Long story short: one spent the rest of my vacation with me, and the other spent it with the relatives. I was invited to visit again, which I did two months later. I brought a ring with me. I met her parents and her six year old daughter. We were married in the U.S. two years to the day from the day we met. My stepdaughter started medical school last week.
Met my wife at church event at age13,saw each other occasionally until age 17 ,
she was 18 we married . That was 47yrs ago on August 12 this year.
We were both in college at Mizzou and met at our part time job, Midway USA. I owe it all to Larry!
Saw her at a sales meeting and asked a few questions of a coworker who knew a little about her. Had a chance to help out at her office and was gonna pass it up till coworker said “that’s where SHE works!” So I jumped.

Asked her out after work that was Oct 22 we were married the following May 24 I never proposed marriage I told her we’d marry I just don’t know how soon.

She still calls me her alpha.
She was 18 and living in a house with some of the members of a band I was playing in. Her older sister was the girlfriend of the guitar player. When the next gig came, she and a friend volunteered to ride to the gig with the drummer and me. That was 52 years ago.
I drove a neighbor's girlfriend down to Virginia Beach Labor Day 1981. The neighbors girlfriend had a daughter. Her name was Trina . She was 16 and I was 18. She laughed when I said I was 18 and didn't believe me. I told her she looks 14. She didn't like that much. A year later her mom and sisters move into the neighbors house just down the road. We liked each other and she was better looking than most anything around here and fun too. A friend told me to date her so we did. We got married in 1987. Been married ever since. It is sad though, we have nothing in common . The pastor even tried to talk us out of getting married. She says that the pastor should have refused to marry us and she regreets getting married. We get along fairly well. We have 2 kids . My 30 yr . old daughter lives in Cairo , Egypt and teaches there. My son lives 30 miles away and works for an investment firm . Both are very good at what they do so we did good. I am a busy body, fishing, hunting, getting on the water, scouting deer , but fishing is my fun. I love the woods, she hates it. I love the water, she hates it. She sits and watches videos and I wonder how a person can waste their life away watching half retarded people argue in court ETC. She does work 35 hrs a week though. I told her in a few years I am going to retire and move to Upper Michigan. She said she isn't going. She is starting to change her mind a little though.
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Walking the beagle

Pocono, I can't help but think "walking the beagle" is a metaphor for something. laugh
skeen,
Nope, no metaphor, just walking Zofia the beagle around town and would just stop and chat for a couple minutes. As Robin likes to say, “the planets aligned” and the rest is history.
Met my first wife at a job when we were both 16. She was one of the hostess’ at the joint. My buddy married her older sister and she and I maintained a little bit of contact through the college years. After college, we got together and were married for 18 years and had three kids before cancer took her. Current wife and I met online. She had never been married and was reluctant to date a widower, but eight months later she changed her mind. Been married to this one about eight years. She’s fantastic, loves outdoors maybe more than even I do and can definitely take care of herself. She has her own gun collection that I’m not allowed to use. Maybe it’s a family thing for her as she’s a JM Browning descendant. We even have a couple of his gunsmithing tools.
Met her at Pope AFB NCO club in Dec 1974. They had great live bands and only place in the state that had liquor by the drink. Rest of state was brown bag.
I have probably told this on this forum before. I met my wife when we were both 13 and I shot a small bull moose up by Lorraine Creek in the Iron Hills which lie on the Berry Bros. Mine Road on the way to Kotsina. I got up early that morning while the stars were still out and the dawnlight had not reached the tips of the mountains. I woke up my dad and my brother and we eased out on the road with gutless our underpowered beatup 1978 Dodge 1/4 ton 2wd slant 6 pickup. Gutless was actually an incredible offroad vehicle because it would just bounce out of most obstacles and was light enough that it wouldn't sink in mud. We travelled about 3 miles during the civil twilight to reach an overlook. I was riding on the top of the camper. I noticed the moose at about 300 yards about 5 minutes into our sit and hammered him with a 130 grain silvertip 270 winchester bullet and that was that.

We cut up the moose and about an hour later. A group of Native women with a beautiful girl who was wearing a red bandana came by as they were picking blueberries. We found out that they were from Chitina and the girl was going to be going to Kenny Lake High School that fall. She was shy and I was shy too. I gave them a front quarter, some backstraps and some of the other meat. I think that that sealed the deal. We had 10 years apart after high school but we got back together when she moved back to Chitina and I was teaching out in the Bush. We have been married for 24 years and she is definitely my better half.
Met at a ranch supply/lumber store New Years party - Jan 5, 1974.
She was mad at her Dad, and didn't want to ride home with him, so I offered a ride.
"Where do you live?" She said a place that I figured was about 30 miles out.
Glad I gassed up the pickup before we left, 'cause that was where you turned to get there!
Due to snow-closed roads, it was 41 miles, turn right, come back 13 miles over snowy county roads!
We married Dec 20, 1975 - and I tell her the only guys who married her, or her sisters, were the ones who could find their way back a second time.
She claims she was "young and dumb". smile
I met her at work. We were friends for over three years. I got divorced and we got together. We'll be married 35 years the 29th. I've been asked how I got her? I always say I don't question providence.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
And just think that song "she thinks my tractor sexy" wasn't even out yet
I met my wife at church in Fairbanks in 1968, I was 12. Married her ten years later.
Mine is quite a bit younger than I. She was a widow with a 2 year old boy. She bought a place down the dirt road from me, about six acres over. I was recently divorced at the time and when I used to ride by on my horse I'd see this 30-something 6' tall smoke show in shorts walking around her yard working in her flower beds ... her boy would come running out to the road to look at Thor, my horse ... big buckskin quarter horse, gelding. Plus I had a border collie and a blue healer that followed me around on that horse .... so, over time I would stop.and her little boy, by then three years old, would come a running.

She finally came out and talked to me ... most beautiful green eyes and dark silky hair, legs that went on forever and man what a body. She was a cross (my buddies used to say this) between Sherilyn Fenn and Sela Ward.

One night she invited me to dinner and the rest is history. That boy is now twenty-five and he's my Son. He calls me Pa and we're close. He's my hunting and fishing buddy and he named his Son after me. I tell the both of them that I love them every day.

God has smiled on me. She's still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, to me. She's in her 50s, she is my queen. Most incredible woman, she's really something. I worship the ground that woman walks-on.

My first wife I met at Fort Bragg. We had three daughters and were married for over twenty years. We grew apart.

Thor and Tess and Good Ole Dog are all gone now, buried on this property. I miss them.
great story.

thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I'll come clean... I met my Hula Girl through the printed singles adds in our local paper prior to all the online dating. I figured I wasn't going to meet Miss wonderful out in the hills chasing coyotes so WTH right? Did this for a couple years just to get laid and laid I did. Then on August 10 1994 I met my future Bride and the rest is history as they say. I'm 7 years older than her and we both grew up in Santa Ana CA.

Turns out we had some of the same teachers at different schools in town. My older brother lived in an apartment with his new wife just a block away on the same street as the house where my wife grew up. I would hang in front of my brothers place to work on cars and such almost every day so I could imagine there I am, 16 years old and this 9 year old girl would be walking or riding her bike past me on her way to the local college to play sports cause she was athletic and me not knowing this would be my future wife 23 years later. I only wish I had met her sooner I was 37, she was 30...

Prolly seen her God knows how many times growing up around our city. We had a few things in common beside some of the same teachers. Both our Fathers served in the U S Army Air Corp during WWII. She battled breast cancer earlier this year the Docs found it real early it was barely deemed as stage 1 after a lumpectomy and 36 rounds of radiation treatments the Docs declared her cancer free so we both feel blessed for that god willing she stays that way.

She was pole dancin’ and I couldn’t bear the thought of another gettin’ her in their lap
Britishwives.com

Yep. During Covid, China was running a buy 1, get 3 free special. Very popular with the Mormons.

Wait, I'm a Mormon why didn't I hear of this. Doesn't matter I guess. I struggle with keeping one happy any more would push me over the edge.

Bb
Originally Posted by PJGunner
We will not comment on my first wife. A total disaster. Just to keep it simple, her family hated my guts and my family hate her guts. Never had a chance although we did have about 3.5 years and two kids. I treat it as an unforgetable bad dream.

About a tear after the divorce I'm at work at the Post Office and I look across the room and this very pretty woman was staring at me. To be honest I stared back. I I saw she had a couple of mail bags full I went over and put them on the appropriate dolly. I said Hi and she said high back. I got lucky and snaagged her at lunch and we talked Turns out she's married with three kids. Separated from one hell of dirtbag husband who when they were together would bring his girl friend over and sleep with her. I found out she had to catch a bus to come and go to work so I started picking her up and taking her home. Well her old man got upset about that arrangement and threatened to do her and the kids in. She had family in Nevada so I sent her to be with them until things cooled down. I quit my job and moved to Nevada and we moved in together. Between us she finally got enough money to divorce the bum. A week later we got married. We had 52 glorious years together although the last three were rough. On March 12, 2019 she passed from the effects od Alzheimer's disease. I still miss her.
PJ

That's an amazing story.
Army buddy sent his sister a plane ticket to come visit him and his wife at Ft. Sill after she graduated from University.

That was in July, we married in December, 1973.
White privileged enough here to see a Bud Light bottle hurled at T Pains head

Great tune. Now it will be in my dome for the next several hours.
Hay mow ...1972 dad bought farm..
no hay for the winter for the couple cows he bought needed hay for winter .... next Hill from r her parents... seen it coming up a ladder hollered my brother there's a girl coming up here ......and that's it last thing I remember..... married 38 years now
Many great stories on this thread. I ask most couples I meet. One of the best was a female cop. She arrested her hubby for DUI.
Met mine at a bowling alley. She was there watching her Dad bowl in his work league. I was just a kid playing pinball. 1977. The rest is history.

Ron
Wrestling Practice.........

She and i each had boys wrestling in the 7/8 yr old division. Started chatting with her and it went from there. Wish id met her while the boys were in kindergarten.
Blind date set up by good friends. Pushin' 30 years.
She walked in to typing class my senior year, I was sitting across the isle from Kevin McGehee, both of us beat up pretty bad from football two-a-days. Annette walked in carrying her books and looked around the room and picked the seat in front of me, Debbie sat down in front of Kevin. The girls were sophomores, first year at our school so it was the first time I had ever seen her.

Broke two bones in my right hand the next week, she took pity on me and would do my typing for me and pass it back.

Kevin married Debbie and I married Annette, we celebrate 50 years today as we load up and head to Chattanooga to see the oldest granddaughter play in a college volleyball tournament this weekend.
#1 = Blind date, lasted 15 yrs until her death. Great marriage, we had no children due to a heart condition but we both had a great time together.
#2 = Met her at work, she was just divorced and I was widowed a year. 8yrs, 10 on paper due to money issues. Worst mistake of my life.
#3 = Met her at my doctors office, asked her out for dinner. Going on 9yrs, I say I won the life lottery twice!

Prayers for you both.
When I was younger my girl friends came from school. Then in my 20s and Early 30s they came from nightclubs and bars. Into my 40s and 50s they have come from business or work related events or interactions.
Grocery store parking lot.
Blind date in 2000. Been inseparable ever since. Best thing I’ve ever done in my life! Oh and she can still wear her wedding dress!

Pic taken last month. She will be 45 in December and I’ll be 44.

Originally Posted by SCRooster
I tell the both of them that I love them every day.

big difference between my first marriage lasting 5 years and my second one lasting 25+

The first marriage made us both appreciate the second one, and we constantly remind each other of it.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Can you post this just one more time please? Thank you

Sure Steelhead, just in case any of the new members didn't know that was your previous handle before you were run out of here on a rail.
Blind date set up by a squadron mate and his fiancé (whom he later left at the alter twice grin ). My wife had moved from Boston and knew them prior and she asked "who do you know" and Eric's fiancé said "How about Pugs? He's a nice guy but he does wear a lot of flannel" She replied "I'm from New England, who doesn't?"

Dated for about 8 months and got married, this spring will be 25 years.

I was waiting at a bus stop. She drove by, stopped her car in the middle of the road, backed up, rolled the window down, and ask me if I wanted a ride.
© 24hourcampfire