Home
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/09/can_the_gop_accommodate_two_rock_stars.html
Right or wrong, Trump will provoke too much chaos (big surprise). I think Desantis will be the guy.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Right or wrong, Trump will provoke too much chaos (big surprise). I think Desantis will be the guy.

You are smoking dope if you think the left will treat Desantis any differently than they treated Trump.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Trump will run. I think he wants his life back. If fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his family moved out of the U.S.A. in the near future.
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are smoking dope if you think the left will treat Desantis any differently than they treated Trump.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. That’s not what he said. Either would be a fine choice. I’d be more than happy to vote for Desantis.
I hope desantis gets the nomination. Although I’d vote for trump if he were to be the nominee, he simply has too much baggage to be a viable candidate.
I’m I the Cure ..

Or Part of the Disease ..

Ooooh Ahhhhh
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. That’s not what he said. Either would be a fine choice. I’d be more than happy to vote for Desantis.

Agreed!
I'm not sure if presidential elections will ever matter again. But I would like to see how Desantis handles himself in the GOP primaries.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm not sure if presidential elections will ever matter again. But I would like to see how Desantis handles himself in the GOP primaries.

Like a Fugkin boss.

The Media may not treat DeSantis any differently, but The Republican Establishment sure as hell will.

Everything Trump went through he went through alone, the Republican Establishment was Complicit and often times at the forefront of everything that Trump and his supporters had to endure and still have to endure.

DeSantis is Establishment, he will not be alone, the Republican Establishment and big money donors will have his back.
DeSantis has to be establishment cause he needs their money. They'll tell him how and when.

Trump doesn't have that restriction.

Trying to take this country back from a select few and give it back to the American people will provoke some chaos. If you want to take your country back its going to get real ugly. If your happy with a few bones thrown your way then Ron DeSantis might be your guy.
There’s plenty of room for both if DeSantis waits for ‘28. If not then Trump will have to destroy him. That would be a tragedy. If he follows Trump and Trump is successful in finishing taking the Republican Party then DeSantis will be Trumps puppet not the former establishment republicans.
Perhaps Trump might be less inclined to run again after legal developments of recent days. I think he will try to take care of his family, etc.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
There’s plenty of room for both if DeSantis waits for ‘28. If not then Trump will have to destroy him.

Desantis has a lot of support already. I don't think it would bode well for Trump if he starts attacking Desantis in the primary.

I also think there will be a generational divide between Trump and Desantis voters. Trump will be 78 in 2024. Desantis will be 46.
There’s no telling the future but I’m betting Trump is running and he owns the base. DeSantis has disappointed me greatly dancing a jig for the establishment scum. I no longer trust DeSantis further than I could throw him. He’s working to divide the party on behalf of the enemies of MAGA.
President DeSantis is the best way for Trump to get even.
He’s working to divide the party on behalf of the enemies of MAGA.

From what I've read, Desantis is being very careful not to alienate Trump's base,...which only makes sense, of course.

But I don't think he wants to divide Trump's base. He wants to take it.
He’s working to divide the party on behalf of the enemies of MAGA.

From what I've read, Desantis is being very careful not to alienate Trump's base,...which only makes sense, of course.

But I don't think he wants to divide Trump's base. He wants to take it.
The divide part I mean is Trump from the base. DeSantis is trying to co-opt the base on behalf of the establishment. If DeSantis was true MAGA he would be going to Trump rallies supporting Trump and building his future with Trump not separately competing for Trump’s support base.
This prospect will be totally up to the two in question. Can one take a back seat to the other?
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
DeSantis has to be establishment cause he needs their money. They'll tell him how and when.

Trump doesn't have that restriction.

DeSantis doesn't need their money, either.

Anti-Trumpers here are a riot. He takes you to the Mountaintop and you turn around and piss on him.
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Perhaps Trump might be less inclined to run again after legal developments of recent days. I think he will try to take care of his family, etc.

Bullchiit. That's a liberal distraction, just like Russia collusion. If you are paying attention to this garbage, you must of been asleep the last 6 years.

Bullchiit. That's a liberal distraction, just like Russia collusion. If you are paying attention to this garbage, you must of been asleep the last 6 years.

If he'd been paying attention, or wasn't a concern troll, you know those idiots have nothing.
I hope he not a wolf in sheep's clothing .
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
DeSantis is first and foremost an establishment Harvard trained lawyer politician. He’s going where the political winds blow him and the establishment rudder steers him.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

If he'd been paying attention, or wasn't a concern troll, you know those idiots have nothing.
Lots of concern trolls around whenever Trump comes up.
78 years old
I don't think the GOP will allow Trump anywhere near the nomination.

Desantis appears to be the most conservative, anti-establishment alternative. And I would guess the GOP can stand him. That is, if the GOP is actually interested in winning POTUS.
The Democrats with tacit approval from the establishment Republicans are not only trying to stop Trump for 2024 they are trying to absolutely break him financially and mentally as a warning to any other possible Republican candidate that might think to upend the swamp. The media and the Democrats realize how bad they underestimated the voting public in 2016 and brazenly stole or manufactured 10s of millions of votes in 2020. They got by with it and will do it again. Who will stop them? Youngkin barely got over 50% in the Virginia count when he likely got 60% of the actual vote. Let us see what the Hippo does in Georgia. That will tell a lot about our future.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
DeSantis is first and foremost an establishment Harvard trained lawyer politician. He’s going where the political winds blow him and the establishment rudder steers him.
You're damn right Dave...DeSantis is the big money uniparty choice. He does a few high profile news stunts, some tough talk sound bytes and the campfire cheerleaders get a damp spot in their panties and can't wait to throw Trump overboard.
The GOP can’t even fit in a good idea with the amount of grandstanding, ego and attention whoring in the current party. The GOP is a big part of our problem in my opinion….they damn sure better make room if needed!
My support IS and WILL CONTINUE TO BE with President Trump…..to the bitter end.

I refuse to be distracted by the new shiny toy.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Desantis appears to be the most conservative, anti-establishment alternative. And I would guess the GOP can stand him. That is, if the GOP is actually interested in winning POTUS.
.....Interesting point u make....However if the GOP internal polling amongst republicans favors Trump by a wide margin, then Trump will be the nominee for 2024.

Imo, do not rule out the possibility of a Trump/DeSantis ticket for 2024. Why? Because then the GOP could very well set themselves up for the following 12 years; 4 years of President Trump and 8 years of a President DeSantis.
Much like the last two elections, I doubt the Republican Swamp will actually support Trump.
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.....Interesting point u make....However if the GOP internal polling amongst republicans favors Trump by a wide margin, then Trump will be the nominee for 2024.

Imo, do not rule out the possibility of a Trump/DeSantis ticket for 2024. Why? Because then the GOP could very well set themselves up for the following 12 years; 4 years of President Trump and 8 years of a President DeSantis.
Either Trump or DeSantis would have to move to another state. Or they would have to win without Florida’s electoral college votes.

What about the electoral penalty for both president and vice president hailing from the same state? I can see a scenario where Trump changes his residency to one of his other properties, one that wouldn’t be too bad of a tax hit but I’m sure he has some viable options so that he and DeSantis could team up if that’s what he thought would better his odds. I think he’s more determined than ever because the corrupt left and their banana republic like tactics and political retribution and outright attacks by a weaponized and corrupt federal government. If he doesn’t get them set straight and they’re allowed to continue with their evilness then he’s going to be fighting every uppity negro and dipshit liberal from every pissant jurisdiction nationwide that doesn’t “like” Trump for the rest of his days. This obviously assumes one BIG if…..IF we can have a fair election. If we can then he’ll win easily…AGAIN..and really set about fixing this broken thing.

He has my full support!
...the GOP could very well set themselves up for the following 12 years; 4 years of President Trump and 8 years of a President DeSantis.

12 years?

This nation doesn't have a chance at making it even 5 more years... IMHO.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Trump will run. I think he wants his life back. If fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his family moved out of the U.S.A. in the near future.

Obvious you have not been watching Trump Rallies.
Anti-Trumpers here are a riot. He takes you to the Mountaintop and you turn around and piss on him.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Sames guys that would be in a fetal position whimpering if they went through just one day of what Trump's been through for six years. For us.

Damn few here I would be willing to spend a night in a fox hole with.
Originally Posted by SupFoo

^^^ THIS ^^^

Sames guys that would be in a fetal position whimpering if they went through just one day of what Trump's been through for six years. For us.

Damn few here I would be willing to spend a night in a fox hole with.

It's not that the Libs are some kind of ultra powerful collective...

But more over... that SO MANY Conservatives are fugging puzzys.
There’s no telling the future but I’m betting Trump is running and he owns the base. DeSantis has disappointed me greatly dancing a jig for the establishment scum. I no longer trust DeSantis further than I could throw him. He’s working to divide the party on behalf of the enemies of MAGA.

I would not go that far, yet, but some of the recent development involving DeSantis do give me cause for concern.

For example, he backed out of a fundraiser for Lee Zeldin after meeting with Billionaire Joseph Cayre who had just given New York Governor Kathy Hochul “more than” $400,000 for her campaign against Lee Zeldin.

DeSantis has also accepted $10 million from Citadel Investment Boss Ken Griffin who now has said he is open to taking the position of U.S. Treasury Secretary in the DeSantis Administration.
Just so you know Griffin is Not a good guy.

On the other hand, if the Republican Nominee does not have Support from the Establishment , then 2024 will just be 2020 part 2, where the Republicans team up with Democrats to defeat their own candidate.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Much like the last two elections, I doubt the Republican Swamp will actually support Trump.

The Question is ..

Will The Derby Donkey and McLuntz destroy their Business Model with Extreme Prejudice against Trump..

It’s going to be All In for Them ..

I’m thinking they Pass and if He Wins the Presidency throttle him with Boogie Men like Bagpipes Billy and Wray Wray..

Trump’s got a Real Bad Habit of Trusting the Wrong People ..

The New Jersey Beluga for One..

Trump also Fondue if they Cum from Harvard and Yale ..

Remember The Donkey think’s he can Bully Trump in the Confirmation Process..

Ya .

“ You ain’t Seem Nothing Yet “

No .. Passively Resist and Hope he makes a Mistake.

Then if Trump Wins Flood his Government with Mordor..

It’s Showtime for US..
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

What about the electoral penalty for both president and vice president hailing from the same state? I can see a scenario where Trump changes his residency to one of his other properties, one that wouldn’t be too bad of a tax hit but I’m sure he has some viable options so that he and DeSantis could team up if that’s what he thought would better his odds. I think he’s more determined than ever because the corrupt left and their banana republic like tactics and political retribution and outright attacks by a weaponized and corrupt federal government. If he doesn’t get them set straight and they’re allowed to continue with their evilness then he’s going to be fighting every uppity negro and dipshit liberal from every pissant jurisdiction nationwide that doesn’t “like” Trump for the rest of his days. This obviously assumes one BIG if…..IF we can have a fair election. If we can then he’ll win easily…AGAIN..and really set about fixing this broken thing.

He has my full support!
................I did not know that! An electoral penalty in Florida if both hail from Florida?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS for sure.

The left WILL find a way to crucify Trump before 2024, I just hope he doesn't suddenly die of some easily explained away malady.
^^^^^^^^^^

Subaru Republicans

Hahaha Hahaha
There’s plenty of room for both if DeSantis waits for ‘28. If not then Trump will have to destroy him. That would be a tragedy. If he follows Trump and Trump is successful in finishing taking the Republican Party then DeSantis will be Trumps puppet not the former establishment republicans.

Nice to see someone thinking "long term" as opposed to short.

The bigger question is whether DeSantis would be as effective as president as Trump , whos biggest mistake might have been listening to the wrong people.
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Trump , whos biggest mistake might have been listening to the wrong people.

That phrase is parroted a lot. I don't believe that was the case.

What we have learned is the ENTIRE Republican party, including the bureaucrats and operatives, with a handful of exceptions, is compromised. Not much to pick from for his team. Plus, Trump was considered radioactive, and establishment folks were afraid to hitch their star to his wagon. For which we can thank Turtle. That's why the debate between fixing the party and starting a new one.

His economic team (the "Wolverines") where outsiders and they did a bang-up job on trade negotiations and agreements. Meet Donald Trump's Economic Advisors

And why Trump is standing on his head to get MAGA candidates through the primaries, delivering great successes, remaking the party.

The Swamp would have you believe that Trump is now on his knees. The spineless are buying off on that, if for no other reason they would prefer some (fake) "normalcy" in their life. They don't have the stomach for the fight that is required and are fools. Same people who LET The Left takeover their own kids schools and still are. Commonly referred to as the "Silent Majority", should be called the "Spineless Majority". YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

What I question now, how many people in this country really deserve a guy like Trump as a leader.

Trump WILL smash The Swamp and many folks will be shocked as to who goes down in the process. There is no other way out. Bookmark it.

Swamp Creatures

Attached picture DeSantis-1.jpg

I don't think he'll run because he's going to be charged with something that will prevent him from doing so, either rightly or wrongly, as the Democrats are after his azz big time. My fear is that in typical Trump fashion he'll do something to hurt the GOP's chances in 2024.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I don't think he'll run because he's going to be charged with something that will prevent him from doing so, either rightly or wrongly, as the Democrats are after his azz big time. My fear is that in typical Trump fashion he'll do something to hurt the GOP's chances in 2024.
Still being the ignorant idiot I see.

Carry on, government employee, carry on.
I don’t think DeSantis will run if Trump does.
Being charged with something prevents a run for public office? Hmmm
Originally Posted by akrange
^^^^^^^^^^

Subaru Republicans

Hahaha Hahaha

laffin smile I’ll use that

He has my full support!
................I did not know that! An electoral penalty in Florida if both hail from Florida?

If the prez and vp come from the same state they lose the electoral votes from their collective home state. Florida ain’t small potatoes and would hurt them. Maybe Trump changes residency?
Desantis won't accept the Veep position.

Never underestimate the political drive of a politician. He’s young and he’s hungry.

Most politicians would trample their own mothers, assuming they ever had one, to climb the political ladder of power and prestige.

Trump isn’t a politician, DeSantis is.
Maybe Trump changes residency?

All this talk about Trump & DeSantis is nonsense.

Turtle it part of the team trying to put Trump in jail. Turtle and Karl Rove will at some point, present to us the DeSantis/Haley team.

Trump has other plans.

Trump added John Bolton and Eliot Abrams to his administration when the heat got turned up on him.

Trump is a politician .

Agreed, I'll take Trump in a fast minute and feel like he would be a lot wiser about who he lets in his inner circle if he wins. He has been to this dance and will be prepared for the swamp this go round. You can bet he took notes.

With that said, like stated above the leftist commies are pulling every trick in the book to try and take him out now. Their problem is he is clean.
6 years of being investigated and nothing has come of it besides bullshit. Everything they have thrown at him has been a lie but the MSM is complicit, and they just never let up.

Biden is toast and another question is who will the Dims run. Has to be Newcum from Kalifomica and he's a freaking whack job

just looking for a new place to have a wreck.

Piglosi's gone as the tell tale sign of wanting to be the Ambassador to Italy says it all. She has seen the writing on the wall for her sorry ass.

As for Desantis if he gets the nomination there are a lot of people who would vote for him that would not vote for Trump.

It's certainly going to be a showdown but first things first. Nov.8th will be very telling on the people's sentiments. I don't believe about 95% of the polls on any given day.
Trump added John Bolton and Eliot Abrams to his administration when the heat got turned up on him.

Trump is a politician .

You sure Trump didn't add "Bomb Everyone" Bolton to the team to scare the chit out of the Iranians?

BTW, "politicians" don't donate their entire salary.

Trump is a politician .

You sure Trump didn't add "Bomb Everyone" Bolton to the team to scare the chit out of the Iranians?

If Trump gets elected again do you want John Bolton in his administration?

Trump is a politician .

If my memory serves me correct, Trump fired Bolton after a few months.

Trump is a politician .

If it serves a purpose. I think the comment about Bolton being there to scare the Iranians is correct. Bolton has never seen a place he doesn’t feel could be improved with bombing it.

Trump is a politician .

If it serves a purpose. I think the comment about Bolton being there to scare the Iranians is correct. Bolton has never seen a place he doesn’t feel could be improved with bombing it.

Bolton is one of the high ranking "crazies in the basement".

If America is going to turn the crazies loose, we might as well keep Biden. The crazies control his administration lock, stock, and barrel.

Trump is a politician .

He’s human and subject to taking bad advice and making poorly informed decisions, that fact is what makes one human not a politician. A career spent subject to kissing ass for the approval of everyone else is what makes a politician.

I like DeSantis and he’ll be getting my vote at some point but if a lame duck president can be extremely effective because they DGAF about reelection then just imagine a what a vastly more experienced president Trump can do in his last term…..it’ll be YUGE considering NOBODY has better insight into the corruption and lack of loyalty than Trump does now. He’s a “street wise” businessman and he’s been fighting the ghetto of the DC swamp from the inside for the better part of a decade now. I HATE some of his choices but Bolton, as bad of a choice as he was, still couldn’t fool Trump into war. That point should NOT be lost on you Bristoe.
but Bolton, as bad of a choice as he was, still couldn’t fool Trump into war. That point should NOT be lost on you Bristoe.

The point that's not lost on me is that Bolton is a long time member of the swamp,...along with Eliot Abrams and many others that Trump brought into his administration.

Basically, the swamp drained Trump.

Same here Aces but If DeSantis is the Republican nominee I don’t see Trump supporters walking away from or turning their backs on DeSantis.

Jmo
but Bolton, as bad of a choice as he was, still couldn’t fool Trump into war. That point should NOT be lost on you Bristoe.

The point that's not lost on me is that Bolton is a long time member of the swamp,...along with Eliot Abrams and many others that Trump brought into his administration.

Basically, the swamp drained Trump.

True Bristoe but trump’s choices for someone totally aligned with him and his vision for America, in the many positions that needed filling, were very few and far between.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Same here Aces but If DeSantis is the Republican nominee I don’t see Trump supporters walking away from or turning their backs on DeSantis.

Jmo

Lying sack of shìt.
© 24hourcampfire