Home
From a distance
200 miles.
I'm in PA, she is in Utah. Visits once in a while, and she is OK.

As to how my wife tolerates her MIL, being that she is 15 minutes down the road, is beyond my comprehension.
They all dead.
Just fine. She's dead
Here's mine.......

she'll be 94 YO in April '23

Now if I could just get my damm Brandon hoodie back

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Wife hasn’t spoke to her mom and sisters in a few years. Miserable, conniving, vindictive, hate filled [bleep].
Mines 3 miles last time she visited she backed over my kitty that was a year ago
Moving 2k miles from family when we were hitched was a mixed blessing. More good than bad though. I respect my in-laws, but it’s nice having them at arms length. Dairy farmers are fûcking nuts. They raise great kids though. smile
Mine was hell on earth.
Strong A type woman.
ICU and surgical nurse most of her career.
Most def alot of her in Khanarella and our 3 daughters.

Before they put her in sedation 24/7 (horrible breast cancer and Parkinson's)
One of the last things she said that I remember.

"I'm glad to die so I don't have to see a niq qer become president of my country".
Both are gone, but luckily the first one wasn't all that bad considering her daughter.

The second tried to make me her pool boy. I think she was kidding, but we damn sure got along well.

Actually, I miss them both.
My mother in law was a wonderful, kind, woman. I miss her. She was a lot of fun!
Best part of the divorce was getting rid of that old arrogant feminist.
My MIL was a manipulative woman that did not like me because I recognized her for what she was. My wife started to see her for what she was about a year or so before she passed.

I'm sorry for the horrible death she had, she is much better off now that Alzheimers doesn't have a grip on her anymore.
Both of my mothers in law are dead now. Neither lived up to the evil cackling mother in law joke.

They were both loving, decent women and good cooks. I was lucky.
Here.....

10-12 yrs ago........actually 2007

Handed her my Marlin 60 SS/Lam

She wouldn't give it back

she had a ball with it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
All of my several mothers in law are dead.
My MIL was cremated because we know it works for witches.
They dead.
Mine has lived with us for the last 23 years. She and my daughter live on one end of the house. I wish I had bought a bigger house 24 years ago.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Mine was hell on earth.
Strong A type woman.

"I'm glad to die so I don't have to see a niq qer become president of my country".

She sounds lovely!
Had 3 mil first was had to handle last 2 great
Mine's been dead for years, while alive she knew better that to stick her nose where it didn't belong. Wasn't perfect but as long as she minded her own business I could tolerate her. Smoked like a chimney and smelled like an ashtray, smoking was what did her in.
I tolerated my ex MIL wonderfully. They lived an 8 hour plane ride away and she cooked ALOT when we visited together. I’d probably bang her.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Mine's been dead for years, while alive she knew better that to stick her nose where it didn't belong. Wasn't perfect but as long as she minded her own business I could tolerate her. Smoked like a chimney and smelled like an ashtray, smoking was what did her in.
When’s the monkeypox gunna do you in? LMAO
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Mine was hell on earth.
Strong A type woman.

She sounds lovely!
At least she went out in sound mind 🤣
Mines ok she can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes. 10 miles down the road from us. Plenty close.
FIL was awesome hunting, fishing, and shooting buddy, miss him bad sometimes.
654 feet to their front door

Uhhhhhhgggg!!!

Edith Bunker doppleganger
Mine was terrific. I really liked her and she thought I was fantastic. Obviously a good judge of character. She called me “ The Prince”.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Uhhhhhhgggg!!!

Is this the Keebler folks I’ve heard about ?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
All of my several mothers in law are dead.
Baker’s dozen

lol
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Uhhhhhhgggg!!!

Is this the Keebler folks I’ve heard about ?
No

Those idiots are just some townies that get extended an invite to step foot onto this farm.boyfriend to one of the cousins that don’t even live here on the place.
When my MIL was dying I'd pick her up and carry her to the restroom, I have no respect for her 7 sons who came and started bitching when she died... none of them were there in the middle of the night.
If you cant say anything good.... don't say anything at all.

She lives 100 miles away..... that's something good.
Mine now lives 335 miles away and damn glad she is.
Mine is as sweet as my wife….thank God she lives with her son. Seriously, she loves Trump and me so that says something good about her.
Mine is supposed to be bringing me a bowl of turnip greens simmered in ham hocks tonight.

Better hurry up, Im gorging on Dollar General vanilla creme wafers
Mine is out of her gourd and wife hardly sees her anymore.
My mother-in-law and I were happy for 35 years, then we met!
I had two good ones, lived next door to my first one for 50 years. She died last February. Wifeys mom helped us keeping my boy when he was sick.
Originally Posted by benchman
My mother in law was a wonderful, kind, woman. I miss her. She was a lot of fun!

Yep. Same with my FIL and my wife will say the same of hers.
My mother in law was a good old girl.Grammy was loved by all,we miss her.
Loved my MIL and she loved me. She was a good woman who raised a good woman.
Had a good one before she passed away. Got along fine with her. First wife passed away also, I am engaged to be married again and I like her Mother.

Dale
My wife’s mom passed before we were married. By all accounts a wonderful woman. If her daughter is any indication she must have been a sweet lady.

My wife and my mom are like sisters. I tease her about liking my wife better than me.
Father in law hated me unless he was drinking, been dead 20 years. He dies so MIL moves to my side of town. Brags about me to my face, stabs me in the back as I walk away. Tolerate is a good description
I’ve never cared much my MIL. She has a victim mentality that rubs me wrong.

She is a kind and loving person toward my kids tho, and my wife loved her dearly so I do my best which still isn’t as good as my wife did with my dad who was just kinda a POS.

They’re at the hospital right now. MIL has been suffering dementia and likely had a TIA today. Been super rough on my wife.

Please keep them in your prayers. This isn’t going to be fun.
Never got to meet her.

Died years ago.

She was a heck of a lady from what I hear.
Mine is supposed to be bringing me a bowl of turnip greens simmered in ham hocks tonight.

You know if you eat that you are gonna get the screaming schits from "Nana clean" cooking utensils.

🤢🤢🤢
Originally Posted by efw

She is a kind and loving person toward my kids tho, and my wife loved her dearly so I do my best which still isn’t as good as my wife did with my dad who was just kinda a POS.

They’re at the hospital right now. MIL has been suffering dementia and likely had a TIA today. Been super rough on my wife.

Good luck.

Probably time to let go.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by efw

Good luck.

Probably time to let go.

Yeah it’s the space between letting go & her absence that’s scary; she need not fear death.
My MIL is great. 84 years old but acts more like she’s 60. Only 20 minutes away and I invite her for dinner when I cook her favorite dishes. She’s a great grandma too for our kids and the only grandparent they have. I guess I’m really lucky…

You know if you eat that you are gonna get the screaming schits from "Nana clean" cooking utensils.

🤢🤢🤢

Prolly right

I dont need the bubble guts tomorrow
Mine was great. Excellent cook and she loved me more than my wife. 😁 She told me so. 😁

We lost Grannie to cancer several years ago.
My Ex MiL is Filipino, as a little girl she witnessed the Bataan Death March, spent the wars years hiding in the jungle while her father fought with the guerillas.

We have become good friends since my ex went sorta nuts and split. She’s met my mom three times over years years, both greatest generation, they keep in touch on Facebook.

Along those lines, my sister’s kid, now a Captain in the Guard, recently married a German girl, her German folks have been over to visit a few times. My mom and her German grandmother are both Greatest Generation, each was bombed as a kid by the other’s Air Force tho Germany got it worse.

She has some harrowing survivor stories, her and my mom are like besties now.
Mine lives 5 blocks from the beach in Central CA Coast… love her. Lol.
I like my MIL, FIL too. MIL has Parkinson's disease and it is really hard on her. Hate to see someone messed up like that.
I get along with mine,she is 87 or 88.

She has a place in Phoenix and comes here when she is dying or needs something done.

Now she is here getting some teeth pulled and getting a new set of plates made.

She is just a spoiled little girl with to much money but to hear her talk she is about broke.

But i don't let her get away with much when she is on the rampage,it's fun.
Mine was hell on earth.
Strong A type woman.

My wife just hollered into the bedroom and asked me WTF I was laughing about....
I get along really good with mine. The early years were a bit rough though.
My in-laws are great people. They have their faults but I love them to death. Ma is a firebrand conservative and we're two peas in a pod in that regard. Pa is a lot like I am, but wound up a little tight and I've learned to avoid agitating him, but like I said, I love em both. They live twenty miles away and prefer to keep to themselves for the most part, but anytime they need help with anything I am there---most willingly.
dementia is hard on the family...
Mine is a real sweetheart. Easy to tolerate.
One of my coworkers was at family BBQ a couple of years ago and his FIL got in his face about something and he knocked the crap out of his FIL in front of everyone. They get along fine now
Loved mine, died 30 years ago
Mine is in NH. We have an agreement. I don't go to NH and she doesn't come to TX. This system works very well for me.
My MIL and FIL both died about the same time, in their late 80s, and 90s, about 20 years ago. We lived a hundreds of miles from them, but I liked them and they were very nice people.
Live within 5 miles of both. I get along with them better than the wife.
Which one?

Still see the first one she's 84. We have always gotten along great.

Second one is dead, we got along as long as she got what she wanted. Same as her daughter.

Third one is bat chit crazy with a side of dementia to go with it. We get along barely. I will send my wife away and deal with her when she starts chitting on her daughter. She knows I'll help her anyway I can but won't tolerate any BS. We get to deal with her tomorrow. Again.
My mother in law is a wonderful woman. I love her like my own mother, who we lost 8 years ago. I’m pretty lucky.
I liked my MIL more than my own mother.

She was a great lady who had some reasons to not like me when I was much younger but she loved me anyways and didn't take sides. I miss her.
And when she's sober okay when not can't deal with it
I get along great with mine but she is most definitely not a compassionate or giving woman. My wife said that her mom has told me that she loves me as many or more times than she’s told my wife. She came to live with us earlier this year and while it was going just fine it was most definitely a major disruption but one that we were willing to endure. She’s 84 and very capable but she liked being waited on for everything. I came back from the coast fishing and was informed by my wife that her mom was having another one of her outbursts accusing my wife of treating her poorly. It started over the amount of propane we’ve gone through in the 8 months she’s lived here. I filled up (300gal) for the 4th time this year when for the past 12 I would’ve filled it barely twice in the same time period. My MIL likes to do the dishes all day long (it seems) and it’s using a lot more propane so my wife asked her start using the dishwasher to conserve hot water. My wife couldn’t have framed her request anymore politely or non-threatening but my MIL interpreted her request as terrible mistreatment. My wife is FAR FAR more patient than her mom deserves and she puts up with a lot from her. That was the last straw for my wife….my mother in law said that she was going to go home as soon as she could find someone to drive her the 200 miles home. I gave my wife a nod and she said “mom start packing, we’ll take you home tonight”. My MIL said that she’ll stay and deal with it but my wife wasn’t playing that game anymore. We drove her ass home last night and eliminated the stress that was enveloping the family.

After I unpacked the truck at her place last night at 11:30 she told me that she loved me and thanked me for always being there to help her. I told her that I loved her too. I’m glad that her and I are still on good terms after this. I internalize all the sh.it I’m given so that I can make life a little easier for my wife. My mother in law is a difficult, selfish and stoic woman from a bygone era where only the strong survive. I’m not used to that, my family is compassionate and generous. My wife and I went above and beyond for her. We’ll do anything for the ones we love and care about but we won’t be “abused” while breaking our asses for you. I’m still pissed off about the entire thing…
Late wife died 8 years ago. Her mom, died on Monday from lung cancer and her funeral was this Friday. She was hard for me to get along with and caused many a fight when we were first married. She was always in the middle of our business until we moved away for 10 years. It’s sad to say, but I don’t miss her.

Current wife’s mom is a genuinely good person and will do anything for anyone. I genuinely enjoy when she and my FIL visit.
I had a great Mother In Law, and I miss her a lot. My wife will say the same about her Mother in law, My Mother. Both were very good women. miles
My MIL is actually an outlaw. My wife passed on 5 years ago. My outlaws live 2 blocks away, they moved here when my wife got sick, to help.

Good folks, they are family to me and my daughters. I will take care of them as long as they are here.

My kids are lucky to know their Grandparents so well.
I hit the MIL lottery with mine. She is a wonderful woman. Her biggest fault is that cares too much about everyone and everything. She never met a dog she didn’t like and befriends most humans she comes across as well. They only live near us a few months out of the year but we visit them often and spend in excess of 30 days a year under the same roof with no drama. She would fight a grizzly bear over my two sons. If my wife and I ever split there’s a good chance she’d side with me. We talk on the phone a couple times a week just to catch up. My mom passed away six years ago tomorrow and my relationship with my MIL has helped fill the void.
Mine is a sweetheart,
Fantastic cook,strong conservative mindset.
Has done very well with my boys.
My mother-in-law will be here cooking, cleaning and spoiling the dogs, cats and kids for the next month. She comes up for the beginning of hunting season every year, I'm very appreciative for her help. The only negative thing she's done after 37 years is buying the COVID-19 BS and getting the vaccine. I can imagine the stress of having a mother in law that I couldn't get along with.
Mine passed of cancer when she was young so I never met her.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I get along great with mine but she is most definitely not a compassionate or giving woman. My wife said that her mom has told me that she loves me as many or more times than she’s told my wife. She came to live with us earlier this year and while it was going just fine it was most definitely a major disruption but one that we were willing to endure. She’s 84 and very capable but she liked being waited on for everything. I came back from the coast fishing and was informed by my wife that her mom was having another one of her outbursts accusing my wife of treating her poorly. It started over the amount of propane we’ve gone through in the 8 months she’s lived here. I filled up (300gal) for the 4th time this year when for the past 12 I would’ve filled it barely twice in the same time period. My MIL likes to do the dishes all day long (it seems) and it’s using a lot more propane so my wife asked her start using the dishwasher to conserve hot water. My wife couldn’t have framed her request anymore politely or non-threatening but my MIL interpreted her request as terrible mistreatment. My wife is FAR FAR more patient than her mom deserves and she puts up with a lot from her. That was the last straw for my wife….my mother in law said that she was going to go home as soon as she could find someone to drive her the 200 miles home. I gave my wife a nod and she said “mom start packing, we’ll take you home tonight”. My MIL said that she’ll stay and deal with it but my wife wasn’t playing that game anymore. We drove her ass home last night and eliminated the stress that was enveloping the family.

After I unpacked the truck at her place last night at 11:30 she told me that she loved me and thanked me for always being there to help her. I told her that I loved her too. I’m glad that her and I are still on good terms after this. I internalize all the sh.it I’m given so that I can make life a little easier for my wife. My mother in law is a difficult, selfish and stoic woman from a bygone era where only the strong survive. I’m not used to that, my family is compassionate and generous. My wife and I went above and beyond for her. We’ll do anything for the ones we love and care about but we won’t be “abused” while breaking our asses for you. I’m still pissed off about the entire thing…

Sounds like our MiL''s are kin somehow.......
We're going for some more abuse today.
Mine's gone.

She lived next door (1000 ft away across the field). Wish she were still here.
I was blessed... mine passed away about 17 years ago... Still wish she was with us. She was a wonderful Mother in law and lady
Mine was like a good friend. always lookin' out for me. R.I.P.
Mine was great!
I loved my MIL and FIL and enjoyed being around them. They were good, hard working people.
Wife #1's mother was a great person. She died of leukemia at age 55 after a valiant fight. That household was never the same after her passing.

Current wife's mother passed before we met, but from what I've been told, she would have never been a contender for "Mother of the Year".
My mother in law was good to us. She helped us out a lot when we were just married and struggling. I do miss her.
Couldn't stand mine.
I was blessed when I married my wife. I got a sweet and loving wife. She learned to be sweet and loving by the example of her mother. I have always got along with my In-laws. That sweet lady passed away just two months ago. I wish she was as still here with us.
I did (when she was alive) - nicest lady you could ever hope for..
Never had a problem.
Very easy thank you. They both are dead and buried.
PJ
My MIL has been dead over a decade I liked her cancer ate her up
© 24hourcampfire