Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
They're voting on it in Nov. This is an excerpt from a Foxnews article:

The measure would ban large-capacity magazines over 10 rounds — except for current owners, law enforcement and the military — and require a permit to purchase any gun. To qualify for a permit, an applicant would need to complete an approved firearm safety course that includes a review of state and federal laws and a demonstration before a certified instructor that the applicant can properly lock, load, unload, fire and store a gun.

They would also be subject to a fee of up to $65, need to pass a criminal background check and need to be determined by a permit agent to not pose a danger to themselves or others based on their mental state or past behavior.

Applicants would apply for the permit from the local police chief, county sheriff, or their designees. Additionally, state police would create a firearms database, and applicants would be fingerprinted and photographed.

Permits would be valid for five years. Anyone denied a permit or who has a permit revoked could appeal the decision.

I live next door in Idaho and we travel through OR quite often. As it is, the only way a non-res can carry in OR is to get an OR CC permit. They won't honor any other state's permit. If this thing passes, it's for sure that I won't be getting a permit. Their requirements will be just plain nuts.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
The SC will shove that law up their ass and tell them the 2nd Amendment is the only permit necessary.
Blue States are going to pass schit like this all across America.

All in blatant violation of NYSRPA v Bruen

By the time these bills make it to the SC, either the make-up of the court will have changed, or the Democrats have succeed in packing the court.

Either way, Thomas needs to watch his back and learn to sleep without the use of pillows.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Pretty much what New York is doing, going to be lawsuits for years.
Virtue signalling designed to appeal to the Willamette Valley corridor ultra liberals.
Like Bob said, this will proceed through the courts and be shot down. The dims throw [bleep] at the wall to see what sticks.
Posted By: SeanD Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Watching tucker last night and a commercial came on showing a woman that had a brother killed in portland saying she is supporting it because it will help get illegal guns off the street.

That’s the pitch to the masses. Additional restrictions/requirements for legal folks = less illegal guns.
Posted By: deflave Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Yeah but have you seen Roy’s deer?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Pretty much what New York is doing, going to be lawsuits for years.

And for all those years a New York citizens rights are violated.

Aren't libtards the shizzle!!
West Virginia has a two step process to be able to carry a weapon...

Step 1: Enter West Virginia

Step 2: Carry
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Idaho's almost the same IF you're a resident. Non-residents must have an acceptable permit from their home state and almost all states' permits qualify.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
I know a guy who used to live in a state with extremely oppressive anti-gun laws. That state's laws prohibited the ownership of certain firearms (of the AK and AR design), certain magazines (over the arbitrary capacity of 10 rounds), certain types of handguns that had not been approved by the state based on arbitrary conditions and they effectively prohibited the carry of any firearm unless you were a political insider.

This guy continued to own AR and AK style weapons, standard capacity magazines and "unsafe" handguns, and he carried the handguns he owned wherever he went. This went on for over 30 years before he moved to a free state.

Granted, had law enforcement been involved in his life, he probably would have been fined and jailed many times over, and in one incident from 2020 the laws resulted in him choosing to not engage in the fundamental right to self defense, but in the end, the laws accomplished nothing other than criminalizing lawful behavior. The guns and ammo were not affected in the way that lawmakers claimed they would be.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
I live in oregon. this proposal is just a bill slipped in by a group of crazies. No way it will fly. Fact is when we had a gun run during the anitfa riots etc etc 90% of the gun applicants were first time gun buyers thus obviously the majority were liberal democrats. (per 3 gunshop owners I know). This bill is nothing to do with gun violence, which oregon dosent have to any extreme, but about paranoia that 'we' will take them over violently. Which wont happen either. The democrates like their guns too!
Posted By: deltakid Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Anybody with me in having the Supremes having their own law enforcement. I mean, the IRS is getting 87000 agents that are armed. Why not have the Court have a 100000 armed agents to enforce their decisions. It would thrill my soul to see someone like Hochul being arrested for doing the crap that she is pulling to avoid having to abide by Bruen.
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I live in oregon. this proposal is just a bill slipped in by a group of crazies. No way it will fly. Fact is when we had a gun run during the anitfa riots etc etc 90% of the gun applicants were first time gun buyers thus obviously the majority were liberal democrats. (per 3 gunshop owners I know). This bill is nothing to do with gun violence, which oregon dosent have to any extreme, but about paranoia that 'we' will take them over violently. Which wont happen either. The democrates like their guns too!

Wow.

You really are stupid.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
My off the wall take regarding states boldly defying the Bruen decision is that they know they will be challenged and lose but they want to keep all the firearms rights groups tied up in court and spending money. I believe the goal is to financially break them so they can then have their way with him control.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by smarquez
My off the wall take regarding states boldly defying the Bruen decision is that they know they will be challenged and lose but they want to keep all the firearms rights groups tied up in court and spending money. I believe the goal is to financially break them so they can then have their way with him control.

Could be part of it…

When State government have their laws challenged in court. They are defended by the States Attorney General. To an anti-gun politician, it’s a free a defense of their unconstitutional laws, even though it’s tax payer dollars that fund that defense.

The ‘pro gun’ lobby has to pay out of their coffers and by donations to challenge and fight these things. It does get expensive.

🦫
Originally Posted by smarquez
A Lille bit, but more likely they know that by the time this reaches the SC, it will be controlled by liberals.

You have a lot more faith in the retards from Portland, Salem, Eugene, Ashland than I do
Portland needs to fall into the Columbia, then it might become a decent place to live again.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
" The democrates like their guns too!"

That's true. They just do not want anyone else owning them.
PJ
Originally Posted by deflave

Son, there is a big difference between real life and this forum. In real life men do things. On the forum, boys like you pretend to do things. Or in your case you don't even pretend to do anything, you just run your mouth.

While you're here, running your mouth, real men are out doing things. Those things later get contributed to the collective knowledge base of others that do things. So in that way, all men that are do'ers, not the talkers like you, but the real men, gain understanding from the exploits of others, thereby increasing their own success through the application of others experiences. In such a case, all are winners.

The talkers, that's you son in case you're having trouble following along, take exception to the successful endeavors of the real men, the ACTUAL do'ers, because of their own well-founded feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. Their own crippled emotional development has never allowed them to function normally in society. Instead, they get by, bless their hearts, by throwing messy little tantrums, continually drawing attention to themselves by pissing down their leg, or throwing blobs of schit as needed to redirect the conversation their direction. Whatever it takes to keep people from noticing they're not really contributing anything of substance or value.

And that brings us to you. A boy that claims to be "special" amongst a sea of big men, of men that do, that go forth and conquer, and win, and succeed.

Clearly it is a great grievance to you to not be able to offer any of your own great successes on an outdoor forum full of real men, men that do things, outdoors.

Your constant back-biting is evident for all to see, and if not outright humorous to watch would certainly be painful to observe. If it weren't so humorous. But it is, now and always, humorous to watch.

I guess I should thank you for the laughs.
Originally Posted by deltakid
Anybody with me in having the Supremes having their own law enforcement. I mean, the IRS is getting 87000 agents that are armed. Why not have the Court have a 100000 armed agents to enforce their decisions. It would thrill my soul to see someone like Hochul being arrested for doing the crap that she is pulling to avoid having to abide by Bruen.
👍
What we really need is more armed federal agents. 🙄
Posted By: 79S Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Son, there is a big difference between real life and this forum. In real life men do things. On the forum, boys like you pretend to do things. Or in your case you don't even pretend to do anything, you just run your mouth.

While you're here, running your mouth, real men are out doing things. Those things later get contributed to the collective knowledge base of others that do things. So in that way, all men that are do'ers, not the talkers like you, but the real men, gain understanding from the exploits of others, thereby increasing their own success through the application of others experiences. In such a case, all are winners.

The talkers, that's you son in case you're having trouble following along, take exception to the successful endeavors of the real men, the ACTUAL do'ers, because of their own well-founded feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. Their own crippled emotional development has never allowed them to function normally in society. Instead, they get by, bless their hearts, by throwing messy little tantrums, continually drawing attention to themselves by pissing down their leg, or throwing blobs of schit as needed to redirect the conversation their direction. Whatever it takes to keep people from noticing they're not really contributing anything of substance or value.

And that brings us to you. A boy that claims to be "special" amongst a sea of big men, of men that do, that go forth and conquer, and win, and succeed.

Clearly it is a great grievance to you to not be able to offer any of your own great successes on an outdoor forum full of real men, men that do things, outdoors.

Your constant back-biting is evident for all to see, and if not outright humorous to watch would certainly be painful to observe. If it weren't so humorous. But it is, now and always, humorous to watch.

uh oh Firellballx dropping the word "boy" and "son" like he is some kind of country music singer headed to Nashville. Were you playing a fiddle when you had yo ol lady type that??
Originally Posted by ironbender
👍

I'm ph ucking starving I need garbage truck #3649 to show up they have the McDonalds and dairy queen restaurants on their route. Boy be something to find some mcribs ooh wee. I'm glad their are places like this where I can share my thoughts. I can't face to face I have 2 things going against me, I have big birthmark on the side of my face so people stare and the other I have a horrendous stutter.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Hey I have no personal freedom and my wife hates me, but look at this deer.

LOL
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

You have a lot more faith in the retards from Portland, Salem, Eugene, Ashland than I do

we outnumber them. half the people in portland want guns to protect themselves at home. only half the voters in oregon are democrats and out of that half a good portion of them wont want draconian gun laws.

Wow.

You really are stupid.

what the ruck do you know about anything over here? get back to suckin off you haitian gardener.
Ten rounds is like 80 bullets....

Wow.

You really are stupid.

what the ruck do you know about anything over here? get back to suckin off you haitian gardener.

Gees you go from G rating straight NC17
Ok from here on out for the country bad ass fireball, you have to post this video with your comment...

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ten rounds is like 80 bullets....
lol

Wow.

You really are stupid.

I know you’re a dumb fugk.
garbage truck 3649 is way behind schedule, according to my note pad it always shows up between 950-1025.. I hope nothing happened to my meals on wheels..
Everybody in Oregon tough today.

LOL

“They won’t take our guns.”
Originally Posted by Remsen
I know a guy who used to live in a state with extremely oppressive anti-gun laws. That state's laws prohibited the ownership of certain firearms (of the AK and AR design), certain magazines (over the arbitrary capacity of 10 rounds), certain types of handguns that had not been approved by the state based on arbitrary conditions and they effectively prohibited the carry of any firearm unless you were a political insider.

This guy continued to own AR and AK style weapons, standard capacity magazines and "unsafe" handguns, and he carried the handguns he owned wherever he went. This went on for over 30 years before he moved to a free state.

Granted, had law enforcement been involved in his life, he probably would have been fined and jailed many times over, and in one incident from 2020 the laws resulted in him choosing to not engage in the fundamental right to self defense, but in the end, the laws accomplished nothing other than criminalizing lawful behavior. The guns and ammo were not affected in the way that lawmakers claimed they would be.
I have heard of outlaws like that^^^. In 1989, Roos Roberti, assault weapons ban passed, several million of the people of the aforementioned oppressive state did not comply with the turn-in or registration...even liberal reporters later claimed it was the largest act of civil disobedience in the state's history. The rare and sporadic attempts at enforcement failed utterly, because record keeping at that time was worse than chaotic or non existent.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

we outnumber them. half the people in portland want guns to protect themselves at home. only half the voters in oregon are democrats and out of that half a good portion of them wont want draconian gun laws.

Couldn't even gather enough signatures to get Brown recalled, but ok
Don't fugk with me or I'll email your boss. LMAO
What Tesoreass is really trying to say is the people he votes for and supports aren’t all that bad.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Idaho's almost the same IF you're a resident. Non-residents must have an acceptable permit from their home state and almost all states' permits qualify.
I believe that Idaho has changed the law a couple of years ago and now non residents can carry concealed without needing a license.
Open carry has always been legal for anyone within the state, resident or not.
Convicted felons excepted for both of the above.
10 round mag limits? Cool, all my mags are 450 bushmaster mags.
What they're not telling people about this proposed new law is that there is no requirement for any police department to offer the necessary training nor is any money appropriated to fund said training programs.

No funding, no training programs. No training, no license. No license, no gun sales.

It will likely put many gun dealers out of business.
Originally Posted by 79S
👍

I'm ph ucking starving I need garbage truck #3649 to show up they have the McDonalds and dairy queen restaurants on their route. Boy be something to find some mcribs ooh wee. I'm glad their are places like this where I can share my thoughts. I can't face to face I have 2 things going against me, I have big birthmark on the side of my face so people stare and the other I have a horrendous stutter.

That’s horrible, John.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol

🦫

Wow.

You really are stupid.

Anyone got a picture of Flavor pulling his gardeners root?

Ren50’s thread for ‘Pics or it never happened’ could use a boost.

🤣🦫

The measure would ban large-capacity magazines over 10 rounds — except for current owners, law enforcement and the military — and require a permit to purchase any gun. To qualify for a permit, an applicant would need to complete an approved firearm safety course that includes a review of state and federal laws and a demonstration before a certified instructor that the applicant can properly lock, load, unload, fire and store a gun.

They would also be subject to a fee of up to $65, need to pass a criminal background check and need to be determined by a permit agent to not pose a danger to themselves or others based on their mental state or past behavior.

Applicants would apply for the permit from the local police chief, county sheriff, or their designees. Additionally, state police would create a firearms database, and applicants would be fingerprinted and photographed.

Permits would be valid for five years. Anyone denied a permit or who has a permit revoked could appeal the decision.

I live next door in Idaho and we travel through OR quite often. As it is, the only way a non-res can carry in OR is to get an OR CC permit. They won't honor any other state's permit. If this thing passes, it's for sure that I won't be getting a permit. Their requirements will be just plain nuts.

The Fox News article says a permit is required to purchase a gun, not to possess one.

I don’t see how this has any effect on the cc rules that already exist v
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 79S
👍

That’s horrible, John.

Lol

🦫

I said face not neck. It’s obvious that’s a picture of Kingston birthmark .. you two are too zany guys..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
👍

That’s horrible, John.

Lol

🦫

I said face not neck. It’s obvious that’s a picture of Kingston birthmark .. you two are too zany guys..

I thought you were gonna say “I’m not Chinese”

😝🦫
Posted By: 700LH Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22

ANY American citizen who can legally own a firearm can CC in Idaho

Idaho allows an individual to carry a hidden, loaded handgun in public without a permit provided the individual is:

Over eighteen (18) years of age;2 and
A citizen of the United States.3(In 2020, the legislature broadened the category of people who are eligible to carry firearms without a permit from an Idaho resident to any United States citizen.)

'Constitutional Carry' (permitless concealed carry)
Picture
​Full constitutional carry (residents and non-residents) is now in effect.
All citizens after 7/01/20) may:

https://www.frontiercarry.org/idaho.html
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
👍

That’s horrible, John.

Lol

🦫

I thought you were gonna say “I’m not Chinese”

😝🦫

Nah man Im pretty pissed off still. Garbage truck 3649 fianlly showed up 20 minutes late. I go up to his truck after he pulled away motioned for him to roll his window down. I stutter but I stutter real and when I'm pissed its even worse in short it took me 5 minutes to ask why he was late, while I was doing this the guy running the cat ran over the trash from truck 3649. Then started covering it with dirt PH UCK what a chitty day! My last hope garbage truck 8181 arrives they cover the taco bell and wendy's route.
LMFAO 🤣

I love your new job!

🦫
Originally Posted by 700LH

ANY American citizen who can legally own a firearm can CC in Idaho

Idaho allows an individual to carry a hidden, loaded handgun in public without a permit provided the individual is:

Over eighteen (18) years of age;2 and
A citizen of the United States.3(In 2020, the legislature broadened the category of people who are eligible to carry firearms without a permit from an Idaho resident to any United States citizen.)

'Constitutional Carry' (permitless concealed carry)
Picture
​Full constitutional carry (residents and non-residents) is now in effect.
All citizens after 7/01/20) may:

https://www.frontiercarry.org/idaho.html

How many jabs are you allowed?
Oregon has been anti 2A since I can remember. I cant say enough bad things about the liberal, snowflake, unicorns that run the Western seaboard & the people that vote them into office
Originally Posted by MickeyD

I believe that Idaho has changed the law a couple of years ago and now non residents can carry concealed without needing a license.
Open carry has always been legal for anyone within the state, resident or not.
Convicted felons excepted for both of the above.
You're right. I'm a bit out of date. However, a number of websites I looked at are also out of date. It would be a big help of people would date the stuff they post online.
Originally Posted by 79S
Nah man Im pretty pissed off still. Garbage truck 3649 fianlly showed up 20 minutes late. I go up to his truck after he pulled away motioned for him to roll his window down. I stutter but I stutter real and when I'm pissed its even worse in short it took me 5 minutes to ask why he was late, while I was doing this the guy running the cat ran over the trash from truck 3649. Then started covering it with dirt PH UCK what a chitty day! My last hope garbage truck 8181 arrives they cover the taco bell and wendy's route.

Fugk this had me crying.

Funnier than anything SNL has done in 20 years.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Oregon has been anti 2A since I can remember. I cant say enough bad things about the liberal, snowflake, unicorns that run the Western seaboard & the people that vote them into office

You know Roy got a deer?

LOL

Look like you got your own problems on the gulf seaboard! https://www.sacurrent.com/news/new-...y-narrow-lead-over-beto-orourke-30165977
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Well now California is moving to your hood so buckle up Buttercup you just might be in for a ride.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Longbob
The SC will shove that law up their ass and tell them the 2nd Amendment is the only permit necessary.

Yeah, we can always count on them to do the right thing.

You know Roy got a deer?

LOL

So did Beaver the lucky bastards.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
Not good news. lets hope this is liberal lies and wrong

Oregon voters appear poised to support new gun control regulations: The Oregonian/OregonLive poll

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...ations-the-oregonianoregonlive-poll.html
Posted By: szihn Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/27/22
US Constitution. Article 4 section 2. Clause 1

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

In other words someone in Oregon (if you can find a man with a spine) needs to make a federal case out of this policy of not honoring other states CC license. They can't lawfully do it with a drivers license and can't with any gun license either

Oregon voters appear poised to support new gun control regulations: The Oregonian/OregonLive poll

Oregon voters aren’t ready to support this shiit they are getting ready to shove it down our throats like they did Biden.
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Oregon voters aren’t ready to support this shiit they are getting ready to shove it down our throats like they did Biden.

Uhhhh…

My bet is that it will pass. There are enough libtards in the Willamett Valley to pass it.
I hope I'm wrong, but never under estimate the stupidity of man--- especially if they're liberals.
Originally Posted by szihn

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

In other words someone in Oregon (if you can find a man with a spine) needs to make a federal case out of this policy of not honoring other states CC license. They can't lawfully do it with a drivers license and can't with any gun license either

The P&I clause is pretty much dead.

Thomas likes it, though.
Originally Posted by szihn

this has been argued for many years. The right to hunt and fish in other states has been through court after court. The way it ended up was that sport hunting and fishing is not a 'fundamental' need like living or earning a living. The courts have ruled that states can control their own wildlife because it's for fun, not for any need. So, someone would have to demonstrate a 'fundamental need' for a CC license is being denied under this clause.
Posted By: 79S Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/28/22
You got to be chitting me!!! truck 8181 broke down and has been towed to the shop which is nowhere near us. But I did find some canned cat food in reality all it is, is tuna fish.. So all is not lost...
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/28/22
It will get interesting to see what their next attack will be.
Originally Posted by 79S
You got to be chitting me!!! truck 8181 broke down and has been towed to the shop which is nowhere near us. But I did find some canned cat food in reality all it is, is tuna fish.. So all is not lost...
See any Miracle Whip and Sciracha?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Oregon's proposed gun law - 10/28/22

Oregon is a decent place, but the DemocRATS SUCK and stink more than Schidt itself does.

They still "win" every election, regardless of what percent of votes the Republican candidate received... like they can get 75% and then, the DemocRATS, add 300% new names to the voter rolls... Like our NON NY Senator, Jeff Merkley... He got "elected" and even most of the democRATS I knew, their response to that was " Jeff WHO???"
It will get interesting to see what their next attack will be.

Gotta appreciate their creativity.
© 24hourcampfire