Home
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?
Originally Posted by Greyghost
So, what happens if Musk's gamble doesn't work and most his twitter employee's walk-off by 5 pm tonight?
He effectively eliminated all the disloyal employees and is narrowing the field down to team players, not whiners.
He'll find workers to replace them. That's the difference between a doer and a doer not

Free speech might have a chance after all.
He hires new ones who want to work for Musk.
Twitter likely has far more employees than it needs.

Revenue-wise they bring in just under $4BB per year and prior to Musk they had about 8,000 employees. Craigslist brings in about $1BB per year with only 50 employees. Twitter has more technical complexity but they also have/had people with titles like Diversity Officer and Community Standards Manager.

You do not have experience with signing the front of paychecks do ya ?
He hands them all copies of Atlas Shrugged on the way out.

It’ll be the end of the world!

**GASP**
Originally Posted by Steve

I doubt Musk would hand out Jewish propaganda.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I doubt Musk would hand out Jewish propaganda.

I thought communism was Jewish propaganda. It's so confusing.
Originally Posted by MrWilson

You do not have experience with signing the front of paychecks do ya ?

This^^^^

Communism is a social system invented by Jews to protect International Jewry. They work relentlessly to install it in every country that hosts them, and among the many tools they use to do that is propaganda.

He shows them Twitter isn’t a gub’ment job.

Nothing gaurenteed.
Do it Musk. He should record the crying and whining for our entertainment pleasure. Put it on you tube. Edk

People will still be tweeting tomorrow at this time.
Looks like Musk got the BIRD at 5 pm, and not the little twitter emblem... Plan seems to be driving the company into bankruptcy.

Link

Phil
You hate free speech don't ya Philly?

Fùck off.
I wouldn't bet against Elon. Obviously he's invested a lot of $$ but i can assure you he's looked at the #s and sees a strong play. May take time but doesn't look like he's wasting any in getting right down to it. I'd look for Twitter to be moved out of California in the near future to a more tax friendly state with a better workforce than California can offer. Once lean, mean, and profitably humming along Elon will sell it for a tidy profit.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You hate free speech don't ya Philly?

Fùck off.
+1000
The deep state (intelligence community) has funded and supported Jack's magic coffee shop for years to stifle free speech and sway public opinion.
Musk is forcing their hand.
When Phil has outsmarted Elon we need to pay attention and not before

liberalism is a mental disorder
Lol, the little twits don't like reality do they.
They should apply at Facebook and Amazon...

Kent
I’m not sure why you are seeing it as a gamble. Anyone could sign. It seems that his intent is as exactly as stated. Stay if you’re onboard and take a three month severance package if you’re not.

Everyone’s replaceable, never think that you’re not.
Twitter likely has far more employees than it needs.

Revenue-wise they bring in just under $4BB per year and prior to Musk they had about 8,000 employees. Craigslist brings in about $1BB per year with only 50 employees. Twitter has more technical complexity but they also have/had people with titles like Diversity Officer and Community Standards Manager.
WTF is 4BB and !BB? Barebacks? Butt Buddies? Butt Bundles?
do we need an internal Slack channel here on the 'fire?
What’s the worst that could happen to a social media platform?….it shuts down for a few days while it’s tuned up? It ain’t like police or fire or ER’s going on strike, it’s a stupid social media platform and nothing more.

Communism is a social system invented by Jews to protect International Jewry. They work relentlessly to install it in every country that hosts them, and among the many tools they use to do that is propaganda.

In that case you should actually read “Atlas Shrugged”.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
WTF is 4BB and !BB? Barebacks? Butt Buddies? Butt Bundles?

If you spent more time with accountants and less at gay bars you'd be better equipped to figure it out.
It will be hilarious when he proves that Twitter will work with about five employees.
The negative comments in that article, as voiced by some of those refusing to sign and persist, have the ring of whining by spoiled brats who never have needed to toil hard and long and who expect to have goodies handed to them. Their attitudes and comments are a very sad sign of the times in this culture.

Work is work in its several facets, as quite distinct from having a "position" or being "employed". Those who understand ownership, are rewarded by meeting firm expectations and produce good work in exchange for their pay are the ones who will make that company - and some others - noble and successful far into the future. (Work and the Nature of Man, Herzberg, 1966)

How many times have you heard - or said - "give me a few great workers/troops/people instead of this horde of lazy ragtag whiners', etc.? That is gospel in capitalism, war, sane society.

Musk may or may not succeed as planned, but he understands human nature and is bold enough to stake out his territory. But, why were some of the same crybabies given a big severance check?
What skill set is needed to work at Twitter? They don't have a tangible physical product. The content isn't provided by Twitter either. It's just a platform. Cutting dead weight overhead is probably overdue.

Heck, Rick Bin probably has the qualifications to put in an application to Elon.

It’s brilliant and only if you are a liberal you don’t like it. Let me guess, you are a liberal . . . this stuff is too easy.

Those useless employees are a about to learn a lesson about capitalism.... so is the Facebook crew, Amazon etc... get woke go broke is real and they are gonna feel the pain
One thing I learned when I was messing around programming is that less than 5% of the programmers write more than 90% of the code.

Lots of chaff.
At its heart it a simple [bleep] database. The current codebase , servers, data centers etc already exist. The 80/20 rule applies to these employees. Most of them are useless.
Looks like Musk got the BIRD at 5 pm, and not the little twitter emblem... Plan seems to be driving the company into bankruptcy.

Link

Phil

If you think what you are reading there is honest, objective or accurate reporting you are pretty gullible. I am pretty sure Musk made that ultimatum with those type of reactions in mind. An easy purge of problem employees.
Originally Posted by CCCC
The negative comments in that article, as voiced by some of those refusing to sign and persist, have the ring of whining by spoiled brats who never have needed to toil hard and long and who expect to have goodies handed to them. Their attitudes and comments are a very sad sign of the times in this culture.

Work is work in its several facets, as quite distinct from having a "position" or being "employed". Those who understand ownership, are rewarded by meeting firm expectations and produce good work in exchange for their pay are the ones who will make that company - and some others - noble and successful far into the future. (Work and the Nature of Man, Herzberg, 1966)

How many times have you heard - or said - "give me a few great workers/troops/people instead of this horde of lazy ragtag whiners', etc.? That is gospel in capitalism, war, sane society.

Musk may or may not succeed as planned, but he understands human nature and is bold enough to stake out his territory. But, why were some of the same crybabies given a big severance check?
Well said.

I’d loved to have had everything handed to me but having struggled and had to get up to an alarm clock and do physical work to support myself and family made me a more resilient person with some perspective for it.

I work with a lot of younger guys that prize personality above all else. That took a while for me to understand, that in their minds if they’re funny and outgoing, and “nonjudgmental.” Basically nice. That should trump hard work and give them a fast track to promotions over actual productivity. It’s almost a junior high view of the world for guys that are 30 years old. “I work hard at not judging anything and being popular so I shouldn’t have to work hard at being productive.”
The entitled liberal fascist pricks cannot accept that they aren’t the most special people on the world.
I mean who’s going to silence dissent to their oppression program.
I have a dishwashing position open for them. Any of them. And believe it or not, it starts at 18.$ an hour. Provided they can keep pace and take my direction.
You are vermin the private sector and capitalism will find a way you cuck
I'm not sure Musk has a master plan or he is just enjoying driving the liberals insane.

about 50% of twitter is posts about twitter.
He effectively tells you union [bleep] to [bleep] off

'
Did any of those woke, social justice warriors at Twitter ever accomplish something like this?

SpaceX
https://www.youtube.com/c/SpaceX/videos
Now Elon knows who the workers are, and they know what is expected.
I ain’t got on the gunboards much lately but this graygohst guy seem to post drive by stuff like this alot. What kind of dumb lefty homo is this guy?
He is keeping his two most valuable employees Ligma and Johnson[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
3 months severance?

I've always worked, never been a paper pusher, so I've always
been less than....
Damn sure never been in the position of deciding if I want to
do my job, or quit.
With the reward for quitting being 3 months off...paid.

Elon is wasting big bucks there.

In the blue collar world it is
"Hey [bleep]'ers, knees and elbows or asses out the door! Goodbye and
good riddance!"

Especially around here up untill the last few years.
You needed a hook for even crappy jobs, and they could replace you
faster than you could drive home.
I don't know much about business...I'm just a white trash fishing guide.

But I know that you don't win big without betting big.
Smart move. The ones that stay really want a job, and the ones that apply from this point on will too. He knows you can go into a situation like that hard, and eventually lighten up, but not the other way around.
That boy didn't get rich by playing it safe. That's what poor people do.
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Perfect representation of late millennials & Gen Z'ers & part of why the country may not recover.

Big part of why the Demons got the votes they did last week.

This is a very good article & worth the few minutes to read it & let it sink in

MM

Why Did Gen Z Turn Out to Vote for the DemonRats Against Their Own Interest

Why Did Gen Z Turn Out To Vote For Democrats And Against Their Own Interests?

BY: AUGUSTE MEYRAT

NOVEMBER 16, 2022

There’s plenty of blame to go around for the disappointing results of the last week’s election: the current post-Covid rules (or lack thereof) for voting, mismanaged ballot collection and counting, Republican leadership, and American voters. Naturally, all of these factors played a role in helping a party that has failed on multiple fronts to stay securely in power.

However, one major reason for Democrats winning was Gen Z voters coming out in large numbers to vote for them — though this was not quite as big a reason as Democrats believe. This cohort was responsible for electing cognitively impaired man-child John Fetterman and incompetent shrew Kathy Hochul as well as reelecting Covid tyrant Gretchen Whitmer. Less unsurprisingly, they’re also responsible for supporting the legalization of marijuana and expanding abortion.

Why did these young people feel motivated enough to go and vote against their interests and keep the country on a downward trajectory? Do they like rising crime, high inflation, mass illegal immigration, homeless encampments, high gas prices, and a shrinking economy? Did they really think Biden would pay off their student loans? Are they just brainwashed zombies who comply with the narratives of TikTok?

Based on my extensive experience as an English teacher, I would say that yes, the average Gen Z American is largely indifferent to important issues that affect the country, even ones that affect their general quality of life. Every day, I witness their lack of reasoning skills and personal drive. This in turn causes them to be disturbingly introverted and handle most of their interactions with people through social media. Many have no real community or deep-seated beliefs and act more on feelings than principle.

Instead, they spend most of their waking life on the internet, consuming mindless content and dreaming up fake personas for themselves. And as a result, they are largely immature, lonely, and neurotic.

This much is argued by writer and former English professor Mark Bauerlein, who writes that Gen Z, “will be the most conformist cohort in American history, already favoring cancellation more than any other age group, and politics will be a primary mode of grouping.” This generation is told what to think by various online influencers, and they passively comply. Because of screen addiction, they will never learn to think or act for themselves, nor will they ever really want to.

The propagandizing effect of heavy social media usage cannot be overstated. For young people, nearly every narrative and social phenomenon now originate from the internet. This means that it’s the dumb and disturbed “influencers” online, not parents or teachers, informing this next generation about politics, economics, and culture. And the algorithms of popular social media sites are designed to curate and amplify this same defective messaging a million times over. The subversive effect on people with still-developing frontal cortexes is not all that different from the “Ludivico technique” in “A Clockwork Orange” in which criminals are forcibly bombarded with images and music in order to condition them against misconduct.

Why is Gen Z so glued to their screens? Two friends and fellow teacher-writers Jeremy Adams and Shane Trotter have examined this question in depth. In his book “Hollowed Out,” Adams argues how the breakdown of family, schools, and the culture at large has left today’s young people morally and intellectually adrift:

Not working? Not supporting oneself? Playing video games all day on somebody else’s dime? Not feeling a crumb of shame about it — even describing such a state as happy? That is hollowness.

The many norms and standards (these things that would “fill in” a person) that used to be reinforced by their parents, pastors, teachers, politicians, entertainers, and artists simply aren’t anymore. Should it surprise people that the kids carelessly withdraw from the world and play on their phones?

In Trotter’s book “Setting the Bar,” he attributes the failures of Gen Z to low standards and a permissive parenting culture that coddles kids:

The typical modern youth experience — from the school environment, to the parenting norms, to the broader cultural value structure — is ingraining limiting beliefs and destructive habits that leave our kids ill-equipped for the challenges that lie ahead of them.

No one challenges the kids, so they grow up soft and slow, making them the perfect sheep to be manipulated en masse.

Adams and Trotter demonstrate how circumstances have turned many Zoomers into sad, confused individuals doomed to have an impoverished adulthood. Instead of receiving lessons on independence, critical thinking, and disciplined living, too many of them are protected from all forms of adversity and given an iPad to keep them pacified. This treatment insulates them so much from reality that they never come to know themselves and are bored to the point of despair.

Ironically, understanding this dark reality may be the key to generational reform. True, it might be easy to agree with Bauerlein that Gen Z is hopeless and will probably bring the rest of the nation down with them, but this theory assumes that the Gen Z lifestyle is actually sustainable. The students in my classes all share a natural desire to be better people. I do what I can to offer them a way out; that is, I talk to them and push them to do more. At first, they resist and resort to their phone for comfort but this attitude changes when they feel the profound joy of actually learning and accomplishing something.

Conservatives can shake their heads at today’s young adults refusing to grow up, or they can actually try to reach these kids. It’s not like they want to be lonely, ignorant, or “neurodivergent.” And most, if they’re being honest, don’t want to be slaves to their smartphones. Rather, like everyone else, they want goodness, beauty, and truth. They want loving relationships, authentic experiences, and some degree of mastery over their emotions and impulses. Above all, they want meaning.

If they have those things, then they will stop voting for corrupt mediocrities and suicidal social policies. More importantly, they will stop wasting away their lives on frivolity and enjoy a fruitful and fulfilling adulthood. Although election results are technically a political matter, what they reveal about voters is a cultural and moral one. We should treat this midterm as the Gen Z cry for help. It’s time for us to go out and save them.
Montana Man,

Don't disagree one bit, but have 1 point.

All these older people running down youngsters.....
People have not changed in centuries, their environment has changed.
More importantly their raising has hugely changed.

100+ years ago our grand parents were no different than today's youngest
kids. But by 3 they actually saw Mom and Dad toiling on the farm. Or coming home filthy from the mines. Not, Dad getting out of the car wearing khaki shorts and a fancy shirt. Or Mom playing on the computer for 4 intermittent hours a day.

At 5 our grandparent wanted to be a spoiled, lazy, smart ass. But he had to gather eggs and feed the chickens (properly) or get his ass beat.

Have mid to older teenagers, their friend's parents tell how it cost too much
for them to drive 40 miles total to work 4 hours. So they don't. Or the
parents brag that THEIR kids will never work as long as they are in school.
"They are gonna work their whole life, let them enjoy being a kid."

Then they wonder why the little F'ers are 48, and living off Dad.
(Wait, that was US Senator Fettermman. Now my age. We ain't Gen Z)

Last night, tonight, 15 year old Daughter will work after school until 7 or 8.
Legally can't work past 7😉. Almost 30 hours this week, again, questionably legal. Christmas is coming and she wants extra hours to buy gifts. Ain't no magic in birth years, no magic in raising kids.
Treat them as adults, making allowances for abilities. They will
perform, if performance is expected.
It will be a impressive entry on the departing employees resumes,

'I left my employment with Twitter because I was told I had to show up and work hard'.

They'll all have .gov jobs in a heartbeat.
I would work for him.
Remember when Musk started that little company called SpaceX? Everyone doubted him and said he would fail. Musk kept at it hiring engineers from right under NASA and the big aerospace companies. Years later Space x lands contracts to launch satellites and classified military payloads. Last even NASA gave him contracts for their own work. Do not count him out just yet. Twitter was over staffed and under government/political control by big money donors in the form of advertising contracts. All of that is no gone with half of their political agenda work force. The vacuum has emptied and now we see how it refills and what that will look like. So, do not count Musk out just yet!

Have you ever read the book? Or do you just innately "know" what it's about?
Originally Posted by RiverRider

The Communist Manifesto? If that is the book you are referring to, yes I have.

Hahaha. Tff
Originally Posted by efw

It’ll be the end of the world!

**GASP**
Again.

I mean, again?
Originally Posted by Morewood
The deep state (intelligence community) has funded and supported Jack's magic coffee shop for years to stifle free speech and sway public opinion.
Musk is forcing their hand.

And bowel movements.
Originally Posted by krp
They should apply at Facebook and Amazon...

Kent

FB is going under just as Q said. How many did they just lay off?
Originally Posted by irfubar

Those useless employees are a about to learn a lesson about capitalism.... so is the Facebook crew, Amazon etc... get woke go broke is real and they are gonna feel the pain
This
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The hard working guys and gals will stay and the under-performers will be leaving. The hard working group despises those that do not pull their fair share. But I can hear them now saying so sad to see you go...

It will be a win win for Twitter and Musk.
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth. Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree. Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.
A very large firm here in NW Arkansas has told everyone that work in the office is now required as inefficiencies have gotten out of hand.
Those working at home are still chatting and surfing the internet and many even more so now that they are unsupervised.
Yes there are ways of viewing computerized activity but that is not an overall effective way of monitoring their performance.

Those folks unwilling to work hard a Twitter will leave and suck the value out of the company they wind up landing at.

He'll still be the richest person in the world...
Instead of bringing a sink to to his new twitter acquisition that first day he should have brought screen doors and had them put on the employee exits.

Osky
Most large corporation, at least the ones that do well on the stock market demand a lot of their employees. Not sure what the big deal is about having to work hard and do a good job. Pretty much what most people have to do. You sure as hell have to if you own a small business.

I retired from a large industrial tech company, 120k employees. They demanded a lot out of everybody, but if you work hard and try to do a good job it’s not a big deal. Many people in the work force in this day and time can’t perform simple tasks because of they are to wrapped up in everything from worrying to much about diversity or if they guy in the cube next to them voted for Donald Trump.

All Elon musk is trying to do is cut out all the BS and get people back to work.

The people with good sense will embrace the changes, work hard and if the company is successful more than likely have a job for as long as they want to work. It’s really pretty simple.
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
A very large firm here in NW Arkansas has told everyone that work in the office is now required as inefficiencies have gotten out of hand.
Those working at home are still chatting and surfing the internet and many even more so now that they are unsupervised.
Yes there are ways of viewing computerized activity but that is not an overall effective way of monitoring their performance.

Those folks unwilling to work hard a Twitter will leave and suck the value out of the company they wind up landing at.

That or the company is run by old school bosses who didn't like the idea of people working from home but had no choice and this is their excuse for getting people back in the office. Also, some companies don't like paying for real estate and then having no one use the real estate. I have worked in IT for over 30 years. Productivity in my company is up since going remote. My company is run by old school bosses who did not like the idea but once they saw the results they changed their tone and have no intention of bringing people back to the office. I have seen very few if any articles that say working from home has reduced productivity. Everything says its up significantly. If it weren't then everyone would be going back to the office. You don't have to monitor keystrokes or look over people's backs to determine if they are working or not. The proof is in the end result.

People are changing jobs in the IT industry constantly. Very few people stay at the same job for more than 5 years especially when they first get out of school unless they are being paid very well and are getting great benefits. Its the only way to get a decent raise. Twitter isn't just losing employees, they are damaging their reputation and are going to have a difficult time getting good people to work for them. I have seen it happen. There is no long term intelligent thought behind what Musk is doing. Its almost like he is trying to destroy twitter despite the fact that a quarter of his worth is invested in it. I guess if you are worth $190 billion, what is wiping your backside with $44 billion and flushing it down the toilet?

Your rejection of Capitalism is on full display.

You 'work" for me, I "pay" you to perform a job.

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Nov. 16: Musk demands 'hardcore' work culture. Dorsey's 'nope'

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

— Gergely Orosz (@GergelyOrosz) November 16, 2022
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Remember when Musk started that little company called SpaceX? Everyone doubted him and said he would fail. Musk kept at it hiring engineers from right under NASA and the big aerospace companies. Years later Space x lands contracts to launch satellites and classified military payloads. Last even NASA gave him contracts for their own work. Do not count him out just yet. Twitter was over staffed and under government/political control by big money donors in the form of advertising contracts. All of that is no gone with half of their political agenda work force. The vacuum has emptied and now we see how it refills and what that will look like. So, do not count Musk out just yet!

Bingo! Good pos.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Most large corporation, at least the ones that do well on the stock market demand a lot of their employees. Not sure what the big deal is about having to work hard and do a good job. Pretty much what most people have to do. You sure as hell have to if you own a small business.

I retired from a large industrial tech company, 120k employees. They demanded a lot out of everybody, but if you work hard and try to do a good job it’s not a big deal. Many people in the work force in this day and time can’t perform simple tasks because of they are to wrapped up in everything from worrying to much about diversity or if they guy in the cube next to them voted for Donald Trump.

All Elon musk is trying to do is cut out all the BS and get people back to work.

The people with good sense will embrace the changes, work hard and if the company is successful more than likely have a job for as long as they want to work. It’s really pretty simple.

He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?
Originally Posted by BubbaG
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth.

Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. Nine times out Nine when a company that is bleeding money, the first thing they do is cut personnel, either by attrition, or layoffs.

The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. You have absolutely NO Idea how much thought was put into his process, NONE

They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. ...and you know this how?

Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. True, but just the opposite is true in many situations. In a company that is overstaffed and also overstaffed with employees that feel they are entitled to the position instead of employees that actually work hard and held accountable, working from home is counterproductive.

Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree.

Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Smart move, very smart. In an industry like Twitter that relies almost exclusively on IT, Code, Algorithms, etc., it would be very easy for an employee(s) to sabotage his company. Having them sign a loyalty agreement does 2 things, it eliminates those that refuse to work with him and may work against him and it also sets up those that would do him harm to firings without civil litigation after doing so.
Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. Musk has is own IT Experts, I highly doubt that his pool of experts, like the ones he hired away from NASA, are in need of Twitter Techs.

My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. Doubtful

As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.
He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

Telling employees they need to work hard is not anyone's definition of creating a hostile work environment.
I am sure Musk has looked at the data and determined that most were lazy and worthless. My guess is 20% of the employees do +90% of the work.
Bottom line for any company is that employees have to produce or the business gets shut down.
All the Bubba's know that. Except one in "God's Country" that is....
Originally Posted by steve4102
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth.

Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. Nine times out Nine when a company that is bleeding money, the first thing they do is cut personnel, either by attrition, or layoffs.
OK. So? I never disputed that. I said something needed to be done

The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. You have absolutely NO Idea how much thought was put into his process, NONE

They laid off 5000 people in a very short period of time and then had to call some of them back. If there was thought in it, someone else should have been doing the thinking

They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. ...and you know this how?
because it was made public also

Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. True, but just the opposite is true in many situations. In a company that is overstaffed and also overstaffed with employees that feel they are entitled to the position instead of employees that actually work hard and held accountable, working from home is counterproductive.
Its very easy to determine who is working and who isn't by the amount they produce. Counting keystrokes and looking over someone's back is for the simpleminded and have no business managing IT

Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree.

Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Smart move, very smart. In an industry like Twitter that relies almost exclusively on IT, Code, Algorithms, etc., it would be very easy for an employee(s) to sabotage his company. Having them sign a loyalty agreement does 2 things, it eliminates those that refuse to work with him and may work against him and it also sets up those that would do him harm to firings without civil litigation after doing so.
Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. Musk has is own IT Experts, I highly doubt that his pool of experts, like the ones he hired away from NASA, are in need of Twitter Techs.

Its not a smart move in a hostile work environment. I have been in IT for 30 years and I have signed non-disclosure agreements, I have never signed a loyalty agreement.

My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. Doubtful We will see

As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. Now you have gone off the deep end and landed in a pile of your own bullschit. From his very first Tweed jokingly said, "Maybe I will buy Twitter" Twitter was all a buzz attacking him and his free speech comments. The Media and the Democrats jumped all over his schit as well. The hostile environment came directly from the Twitter Board, Twitter Employees and the Media with one simple little tweet. Once he decided to get serious, the hostility towards him grew exponentially.
You retarded comment is akin to saying that Trump riding down the escalator and announcing his run for President was to intentionally cause a hostile environment

He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?
Originally Posted by hatari

You don't like the pay of conditions, you are free to leave. IF, and that is a big IF, you indeed decided to leave, you COULD start up your own version of Twitter and compete IF your model is better. That is capitalism.

Musk feels like he isn't getting his money's worth from employees. Remote working, slack performance goals are not what he's about. He is showing the Millennial Generation what hard work is all about, what hustling to make quotas and goals is all about, and what it takes to stay competitive. Some will make the grade, and others won't. Some that have been coasting on lattés and flexible schedules are now rudely confronted with demanding hard work that expects results over feelings. Old School!

Musk emailed all staff to outline his vision for "Twitter 2.0," which will require an "extremely hardcore" culture, with long hours and high intensity, according to Pragmatic Engineer writer (and former Uber engineer) Gergely Orosz. Employees must agree to this on Thursday or leave with three months of severance pay.

Scoop: Elon Musk just sent an email to all staff outlining "Twitter 2.0", writing it will"need to be extremely hardcore". Long hours, high intensity.

People need to click "yes" to confirm being part of this by 5pm ET tomorrow, else they get 3 months severance. More details:

To bad this "work ethic first" attitude is void in the Union Member, members at ALL ages.
He shoulda just gone through every employees Twitter profile & fired every one who has pronouns listed.

That’d be a good start

Telling employees they need to work hard is not anyone's definition of creating a hostile work environment.
I am sure Musk has looked at the data and determined that most were lazy and worthless. My guess is 20% of the employees do +90% of the work.
Bottom line for any company is that employees have to produce or the business gets shut down.

Publicly firing the upper management on a podcast, laying off 5000 employees within weeks of the purchase and then having to ask some to come back because they didn't bother to determine whether they were valuable or not, making employees come into the office after working remote for no apparent reason, making people sign a loyalty agreement stating they will work hard and work overtime (like they weren't before, giving the employees the impression that Musk does not respect them at all), and making all of this very public creates a hostile work environment. I am sure that there was allot of useless fat that needed to be trimmed but making everyone feel like useless fat creates a hostile environment.
Originally Posted by efw
He shoulda just gone through every employees Twitter profile & fired every one who has pronouns listed.

That’d be a good start

Maybe he did

Publicly firing the upper management on a podcast, laying off 5000 employees within weeks of the purchase and then having to ask some to come back because they didn't bother to determine whether they were valuable or not, making employees come into the office after working remote for no apparent reason, making people sign a loyalty agreement stating they will work hard and work overtime (like they weren't before, giving the employees the impression that Musk does not respect them at all), and making all of this very public creates a hostile work environment. I am sure that there was allot of useless fat that needed to be trimmed but making everyone feel like useless fat creates a hostile environment.

It’s what workers know about themselves that make them feel like useless fat.
Suck it up buttercups. Isn’t that what they are telling the energy sector workers who keep our lites on and homes warm?

Osky
Originally Posted by Osky

Suck it up buttercups. Isn’t that what they are telling the energy sector workers who keep our lites on and homes warm?

Osky

...and to Learn to Code
/quote]

You poor soul. Perhaps you and those exiting Twitter employees need some breastmilk to ease your pain.
That and a shrink....
But they can also go learn how to shovel coal or flip hamburgers....

As for me, I gotta get back to my high stress IT job so my productivity does not suffer.
bubba the sock puppet

mommy, tell me I'm special again

They can learn a new skill like digging coal

If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth. Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree. Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

are they going to go the META, Google, Amazon where they are also laying off thousands of workers? lol
Any employee who does not generate enough revenue to cover his/her own paycheck, plus an equal amount for the boss, probably doesn't need to be on the payroll. Once those people are gone, the drop in overhead for the company will compensate for any loss their absence might create. That positive cash flow can't happen when the alleged employee spends half his time sending/reading text messages.
It'll save a bunch of money by letting the employees fire themselves and then they can't claim unemployment ...
Musk, twitter will be closing all offices until Monday... does that mean no twitter over the weekend, heaven forbid?
What will you all do? Hey, how's trumps media empire doing?

Phil
I can only imagine what musk might have done with his life if bubba g had been by his side offering counsel.
Originally Posted by colodog
It'll save a bunch of money by letting the employees fire themselves and then they can't claim unemployment ...
It’s CA, they will collect.
Musk, twitter will be closing all offices until Monday... does that mean no twitter over the weekend, heaven forbid?
What will you all do? Hey, how's trumps media empire doing?

Phil
Nobody is in the office anyway.
Originally Posted by dassa
I can only imagine what musk might have done with his life if bubba g had been by his side offering counsel.
Now that’s sum funny schit right there.

What he is making is a realistic work environment that can earn a profit, and saying goodbye to those who cannot understand, or refuse to buy into, that concept. This is not a complex issue - it is simple - and you are the silliest kind of delusional if you don't grasp that. No one can "make you feel" that you are useless fat - normal people are in control of their feelings - so you can feel like useless fat if that is what you know you are.

You think 85,000 IRS agents hammering small businesses doesnt make for a hostile work environment?

Having a small business in Dimocommie 3rd world cities and no right to carry does too.

Having a home, business, farm, ranch in the south of Texas, NM, Az, Ca is pretty freaking risky too, and not just while working.

Those in Portland and Seattle had a rough go in the mostly peaceful riots.

So why do you choose to be a Stupid Fughk?

Welfare?
Not to mention, losing a lot of his major advertisers... all this while already facing legal troubles and possibly missing a deadline on filing required FTC reports.

Phil
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Everyone’s replaceable, never think that you’re not.

Truth
Basically the new boss/owner expects employees to DO THEIR JOB.
That's going to be a totally foreign concept to many there, I guess?
Hey Bubba, Northmam, Sickermore, Gayghost and Houston 2, here's your bud.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AOH7kklwhSE?feature=share

BS. Its hostile to Dimocraps. grin

He has intentionally created a hostile work environment. Now you have gone off the deep end and landed in a pile of your own bullschit. From his very first Tweed jokingly said, "Maybe I will buy Twitter" Twitter was all a buzz attacking him and his free speech comments. The Media and the Democrats jumped all over his schit as well. The hostile environment came directly from the Twitter Board, Twitter Employees and the Media with one simple little tweet. Once he decided to get serious, the hostility towards him grew exponentially.
You retarded comment is akin to saying that Trump riding down the escalator and announcing his run for President was to intentionally cause a hostile environment

He has been very public about it. Thats why this thread got started in the first place. I understand why people are cheering his actions. Wokeism has gotten out of hand. You just don't lay half your work force off without determining their value to the company and then call those people back who are valuable. The layoffs should have occurred over a couple of months at least to determine who was necessary and who was not. It should definitely not have been publicly. It was all part of a show. Also, he is assuming that everyone is lazy and not doing their job. Some people get offended by that. How would you feel if your boss told you that you were lazy and worthless without even bothering to actually make any effort to determine whether that were true or not?

You need to try reading the paragraph after your comment.
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

Apparently, they have a better solution

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twit...n-musk-hardcore-ultimatum-004304057.html
Have to love sheit like this:
"The New York Times reported the number was in the “hundreds,” while other early reports suggest the number could be much higher."
And
. “We’re all about to get fired,” he said.
and

"Others tweeted messages"
That'll show him^^^^

LMFAO
Snowflakes melting down!

To bad this "work ethic first" attitude is void in the Union Member, members at ALL ages.

Steve,

that is such a horrible generalization.

The hard working guys and gals will stay and the under-performers will be leaving. The hard working group despises those that do not pull their fair share. But I can hear them now saying so sad to see you go...

It will be a win win for Twitter and Musk.
I think you're correct. Getting rid of the snowflakes is paramount.. Either do yer job or hit the road...
Kind of depends on whether twitter has a noncompete covenant in their employees' contracts... and pretty sure they do.

Phil
It’s a website

Why are thousands of warm bodies needed anyway?

The wizard of oz, they ran that whole shîtshow with just one dude. Think about that
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s a website

Make sure nary a hurtful word is typed[ toward the correct groups, of course]
Originally Posted by Raeford
It’s a website

Like TnDeer having 20 moderators

God forbid someone call TnGrizzly a dumbfukk

Moron with a 4th grade education homeschooling his kids
It’s a website

laffin’
I got banned for life there for calling somebody a MoRoN!!
I think it by rUgers spawn
This describes more or less from the beginning through 2017, they are constantly changing and upgrading. NOTE: the part where it mentions hundreds of thousands of servers... globally. And for those of you who use twitter (I don't) you might ask yourself how many times it's been down, or you've had trouble with it. Doesn't run itself.

Link

Phil
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
It’s a website

laffin’

They let me back in, but I couldn't have my original username back.
If you mention 'stovepipe' the place goes on nuclear alert! grin grin
It’s a website

laffin’

The idiots that just started hunting that year or year before. Super Chief ? Lol catman, etc

Kill one forky to their whole credit

Want to start pissing match with dudes been killing 4,5 year old bucks for 30 years. 🤡🤡🤡🤡
It’s a website

laffin’

It’s a website

laffin’

I’ve been registered back over there for several years. Never have posted yet. I just fly under the radar and buy schit through the classifieds by PMs. laugh

Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum
Elon Musk is now facing a new crisis at Twitter as a wave of employees seemed to reject his ultimatum of an “extremely hardcore” Twitter 2.0 or leave the company

Exactly how many employees opted for severance over remaining at Twitter isn’t yet clear. The New York Times reported the number was in the “hundreds,” while other early reports suggest the number could be much higher. The departures come after Musk already cut 50 percent of Twitter’s jobs in mass layoffs.

We have no idea of the numbers, but this is what we are reporting.
GMAFB
It’s a website

They have algorithms for that.
In any situation 10% of salesman make 90% of sales. 10% of criminals commit 90% of crime. And 10% of workers get 90% of the work done.

It looks to me like Musk figured out a very easy way to weeks out the slackers. Like the Junction Boys, the first year or so might be tough. After that this move will pay off in spades.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Steve,

Is it? Ya mean like lawyers are crooked, politicians are crooked, Democrats are Brain Dead, evil and crooked, generalizations like that.

Cept, for the most part its true.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Steve,

Is it? Ya mean like lawyers are crooked, politicians are crooked, Democrats are Brain Dead, evil and crooked, generalizations like that.

Cept, for the most part its true.

Except it's not in the shops I've worked in.

10-20% of the lazy fuggs give the rest a big black eye.

Thought that sounded familiar.

Originally Posted by RiverRider

The Communist Manifesto? If that is the book you are referring to, yes I have.

I was actually referring to Atlas Shrugged, which Steve mentioned and you seem to have dismissed as Jewish propaganda. If that's what you believe then it's very safe to conclude that you've never read it.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum
Elon Musk is now facing a new crisis at Twitter as a wave of employees seemed to reject his ultimatum of an “extremely hardcore” Twitter 2.0 or leave the company

Exactly how many employees opted for severance over remaining at Twitter isn’t yet clear. The New York Times reported the number was in the “hundreds,” while other early reports suggest the number could be much higher. The departures come after Musk already cut 50 percent of Twitter’s jobs in mass layoffs.

We have no idea of the numbers, but this is what we are reporting.
GMAFB

Probably never will know the actual numbers. That is something Musk may not be so public about. Like I have said before, I have been in the IT industry for 30 years and I have experienced this type of thing twice except on a much smaller scale. I bet I can guess pretty closely what is going on with the IT employees at twitter. When Musk announced he wanted to buy twitter, the employees joked about having to get their resume together. Musk buys twitter and the employees talk even more about updating resumes with a little more seriousness. Musk lays off half the employees and all the employees are updating their resumes and allot are probably sending them out. Musk announces employees are going to have to come to the office and even more employees send out their resumes. Musk announces that employees must sign a loyalty agreement or lose their jobs and even more employees send out their resumes. At this point, employees are already interviewing with other companies. My guess would be that a number of people who refused to sign already have job offers making more money. Basically, they get a raise and a big fat bonus in the form of a severance check. Working out in California, these people are making over $10k a month and they probably got at least 3 months severance so they could be looking at a $50k bonus for leaving the company. By the way, if you are a software developer and have a profile on linked in then you are probably getting emails everyday from recruiters trying to get you to apply for a position that they have a contract for. No software developers at twitter are going to be saying "Do you want fries with that?" unless thats what they want to do. I have often thought of early retiring and doing that very thing.

I know I am not very popular because I don't worship Elon Musk for dishing out to the liberal woke crowd but what he is doing does not make sense unless he is planning to use twitter as some kind of a write off. He paid $44 billion for it when it was only valued at $25 billion.
How many actual people would GAF if Schitter just ceased to exist? The snowflakes who only exist outside of their mama's basement in cyberspace will just find somewhere else to pretend they're actually relevant!
You didn't have to tell us you work remote, in IT.

I would have bet $1k on it from one post.
I'm tight and not a gambler.😁😁

Your posts about productivity are not what I'm hearing from many
folks in other industries who have allowed work from home since Covid.

They have also had huge problems between those who do, and those required in the office. With big problems in those offices where job class sets pay and folks driving to work being paid the same as remote workers.
Along with remote workers getting awful pissy about being required a trip into the office monthly. A fair number using a sick or vacation day to avoid it. I'd Musk them immediately.

The job market is the only thing keeping remote work going for several
offices. They would fire and replace most if they could, with all new ones required to show up for work.
Twitter has become a cesspool.

It's sort of unfortunate. That said, I don't know if it can be fixed or what it would take to compel me to start using it again.
I never used Twitter and do not intend to.

I see a Twitter post only if it is linked to me and I never respond to such a post.
This describes more or less from the beginning through 2017, they are constantly changing and upgrading. NOTE: the part where it mentions hundreds of thousands of servers... globally. And for those of you who use twitter (I don't) you might ask yourself how many times it's been down, or you've had trouble with it. Doesn't run itself.

Link

Phil
So apparently those thousands of employees sucked at keeping it running? I would clean house, too. But then again, I ain't no bubba g.
Living in the PNW we have 2 industries of note, high tech and aerospace, both being in Musk’s wheelhouse. A dear friend from Iceland came out from Michigan State Univ. to finish his aeronautical engineering PhD at the University of Washington about 10 years ago. He met and married my buddy’s daughter and struck out ambitiously for his career. He dreamt of working for NASA but he was still working on his citizenship and needed to secure that before NASA would hire him. He has many several friends that work for SpaceX and they all describe the same work environment…..focused dedication that demands WORK comes first, last and always despite having a personal life. Musk is known for demanding a lot, he hires people that are young, intelligent and driven and expects them to dedicate their lives to the company. My buddy said that he wouldn’t work for Musk for that reason alone. He works hard but his wife and 2 little girls are his focus and his time off is his time off.

Apparently those that work for him like him and respect him. That’s good enough for me.
© 24hourcampfire