Home
Me, in the upstairs barracks at Fort Lenora Wood. we were rained of training that day.
9th grade homeroom just after lunch........didn't do much the rest of the day.
I was 6 months old so probably sleeping in a crib.
The clock radio I had at collage came on in the home shop, announced the news, then went dead.
In class at a one room country school, in west central Ks. The phone very rarely rang. It rang, Mrs Hoard answered it and was pretty much speechless. School was let out early that day.
I was 3 years old. Lives in Ashland Ky. That was before my parents moved to the land of opportunity (Columbus Ohio)

Ron
10th grade history class.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The clock radio I had at collage came on in the home shop, announced the news, then went dead.

Musta been one helluva collage.
On the grassy knoll standing next to George HW Bush.
Originally Posted by deflave

Musta been one helluva collage.

Top noch.
6th grade in class at McKinley Elementary in Tremonton, Utah. We were herded down to a room with a television to watch. Several of the kids said they were glad.

In those days Box Elder County was 90% LDS and I gathered they didn't like having a Roman catholic president.
In 3rd grade. The principal announced it over the PA system. The teacher grabbed her chest like she was having a heart attack. I was hoping the old bat would drop too but she didn't.
Fourth grade!
I was in kindergarten. The teacher noticed the flag was being lowered to half staff and went to find out why, when she came back she announced The President has been shot. Don't remember too much about the rest of the day.
3rd grade, Crystal River Elementary School....
In my Dad's balls? Maybe?
Originally Posted by Rooster7
In my Dad's balls? Maybe?

Maybe we are brothers?
4TH Grade
I was -13 years old
3rd grade Catholic school, sent home early
You’re all a bunch of old bastards. Holy crap.
Bradley high school,Cleveland Tennessee
Mrs. Boynton’s 2nd grade class. Waverly Park Elem. school in Ft. Worth Tx. They came over loud speaker with a radio broadcast.
2nd grade. Sunny Ridge Elementry.
6th grade classroom! memtb
I wasn't born until 7 years later.

I have heard many times that JFK would not be a Democrat if he were alive today!
In the hallway right by the main staircase during class change in the ninth grade at Bailey Jr High.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
On the grassy knoll standing next to George HW Bush.
Behind the parking lot fence?
Originally Posted by tzone
You’re all a bunch of old bastards. Holy crap.

Beats dying young 😊
Fresno State, someone came into my classroom(I was a sophomore) to announce that the president had been shot.
1st grade.One of the biggest news events of the time.News coverage was like non-stop.Johnson becomes President,Jack Ruby kills Oswald,conspiracies,the funeral,a huge event for our Country.
In a crib about a month old
6th grade.

I was the AV monitor. Went and got a TV so we could watch the news.
I was a kid, in school. Teacher was called out of the room ... came back-in crying.

We were let out of school ... I walked home a couple of miles, as usual, with my little sister in-tow.

Didn't get it explained to-me, by Mom, until then. Realized it was a big deal but ... got over it pretty quickly. Was more focused on having more time to play football before it got dark.
I was 7 months old and at 1/2 past 12 I was probably having lunch with Mom.......
Teaching a music class in Wellton, AZ.
I didn't exist yet.
I got a feeling Wabbi is going to win this one.
Last Campfire age survey I was right at median age for this forum. 64.

I remember my Mom crying watching the black and white tv. I was 4.
I was two years, 10 months old.
Originally Posted by Morewood

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
10th Grade, Anderson AFB, Guam

23 Nov for us.
Six years old, sitting in Mrs. Gray's first grade class.

She came into the room sobbing, "They've killed the President."

Class dismissed.
4 years old
Marine Corp boot camp, Parris Island. DI walked in, we all snapped to attention. He said " all those from Texas take one step forward" about 3 guys did that. He then said " someone from your f@#ken state just shot and killed the President" he then turned and walked out leaving the whole platoon standing at attention with those three guys still standing there. Nobody moved, like we were all in shock.
About 5 minutes later the DI came back in pushing a TV, plugged it in and left again.
About an hour later he came back again and told us to pack our seabags , you've been placed on 24 hour Stand By and could be shipped out if required.
Went to bed that night knowing very little, woke the next day, unpacked, and things returned normal, except we were allowed to keep the TV for a few days.
8th grade.
3rd grade class. Teacher's name was Tot Canon. My classmate and friend, Greg Vaughn's mother burst into our class crying, saying they've killed our President. It was automatic that every 3rd grader in that class began crying too...
Sick in bed, I was in kindergarten.
A twinkle in my mothers eye……
Second grade, out to recess. I was sitting with a girl I had a crush on when the announcement was made on the PA. We couldn't understand what was being said but someone who heard it clearly told us.

That girl ended up marrying my sister's ex-husband many years later, and we're friends to this day.
Grade K I was 6 they sent us home from school Sierra grade school Santa Ana CA. I met him In June of 1960 when he was running for POTUS he came to my home town Parkersburg West By God. Pop moved us to CA later on that year.
5 months old, Fort Bliss.
School
Originally Posted by navlav8r
In the hallway right by the main staircase during class change in the ninth grade at Bailey Jr High.

The one in Nashville Tennessee? Bailey Bombers, 1952-59. I was a 1st. year engineering student at UT Martin when JFK assumed room temperature. Good beginning, but LBJ and Nixon should have joined him.
Second grade at Roosevelt grade school in Nampa ID, my dad had just gotten back from Vietnam. Moved to Mountain Home shortly after.
Sitting in my 7th grade class
I'd have to ask my dad.
Family was involved v
Just turned 4, no memories.
My parents weren't even around... interesting hearing people's stories though.
7 years before I was born
pumping gas for .17 cents a gallon. window wash and air included.
At home I was 2 years 11 months old.
6th grade - IC grade school.
Pushing trays from the cafeteria to the kitchen to be washed.
Nuns took us across the street to the Church, immediately.
Seemed like we spent hours on our knees praying, that afternoon.
We were living in Tempe, AZ at the time. I was in the 6th grade that year. I remember my grandparents from Vegas were visiting us I think we were at a park when the news broke. I remember my Dad and Grandpa discussing it with great concern.
I have an alibi
2nd grade......Fairmont Ciy Schools Robeson county NC
Bouncing from ball to ball to keep from being shot up a XXXXXR'S ass.

Well remember getting on the school bus and hearing about Regan getting shot.
In a crib asleep according to my mother.
Probably filling up a diaper as well.
I know she had to scoop me up and
haul azz to school to pick up my sister
because everything was closing. Everything
IIRC, I believe she once told me that
there were rumors that the town had been
invaded by enemy forces and they kilt
the president and were going to wipe
everybody out, so stay home and lock
the doors
I don't remember anything personally
high school Spanish class. The news report said he was expected to survive. 30 min later they lowered the school flag to half mast.
Three days old, Cape Fear Valley Memeorial Hospital.
Originally Posted by midwesterner

Say what?
First grade. Saint Joseph elementary. Sister Marie Gertrude. She was as pleasant as her name
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by midwesterner

Say what?

If his parents were were born in the next couple years, and waited until late 20s to have him, he could be in his 30s.

Forget how old you are?
6th grade, playground waiting to go to class after lunch. Principal came out, told us the news and sent us home. Then it was non-stop tv watching for days through the funeral.

I'll take Grassy Knoll for $200, Alex.
Half of me was in Mom's ovaries. Y'all are OOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDD!!!
Tow Dong, Korea armed forces radio, motor pool while putting gas my jeep. Rio7
My mother was really into ceremony. She was awestruck over all the pageantry in the funeral.
T -6 years here.
Not born yet. If I had been born it never would’ve happened, I’d have put a stop to that nonsense. 😉
I was working as assistant manager of a Woolworths store, South St., Utica NY. The store manager told me about it.
7 years old at home sick. What still amazes me is that after all this time people still think that Lee Harvey Oswaldo did all that fancy shooting in 2 1/2 seconds with a f u c king Carcano that had a 22 scope on it..mb
4th grade class and an announcement was made .
I was in my HS government class when we got the news. We all stayed there after the period ended, discussing the assassination. School had been cancelled immediately upon news of his demise.

The consensus was Castro whacked Kennedy.
Basic training at Lackland AFB.
18 months old ....
Kindergarten in Eureka California. I was pissed when cartoons were preempted
I was not born.

His murder has always fascinated me though.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
In a crib about a month old

22 days old, NICU in a hospital in West Germany.

P
In Mrs. Howard's 3rd grade class at School Street School. I remember all of the female teachers were crying. It stressed my Mother out so much that she started smoking Chesterfield Kings again, took her a couple of months to quit for good.
Originally Posted by 3dtestify
Originally Posted by Morewood

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You old farts ! I was 3. 😬

One of my first very vague memories is of watching that funeral on TV with my Mom.
5th grade classroom when they piped the radio in over the intercom. School closed early that day.
Not alive.
Morning kindergarten class at Author H. Smith elementary school in Grandview WA. Teacher got called to the office and came back with tears streaming.

At the time, we didn't have a clue.

Funeral was interesting even if it was in black and white.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
7 years old at home sick. What still amazes me is that after all this time people still think that Lee Harvey Oswaldo did all that fancy shooting in 2 1/2 seconds with a f u c king Carcano that had a 22 scope on it..mb
It is a head scratcher. I wasn’t alive so I have nothing
for this thread.
4th grade recess
I was in the hallway, between classes, in Airdrie, Alberta. I remember thinking, shot but not dead, right? I don't remember anyone expressing joy over his death. Even my Dad's parents, who were staunch Republicans and opposed to anyone of a religion which did not immerse, seemed sorrowful over the news. I don't know that anything shocked the nation as deeply until 9-11. GD
I was in kindergarten with my four classmates (one , a really hot babe) in Golden, Colorado. I did not get to see the news till I got home, but we all knew it happened as Pa was principal and the news was disseminated from his classroom.
I was -9.5
At school in the 2nd grade.
In biology lab sophomore year of H.S..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
It is a head scratcher. I wasn’t alive so I have nothing
for this thread.
The magic bullet theory that the government tried to foist off on us: MAGIC BULLET
I musta been swimming around in Dad's sack.
In the student lounge at Purdue University Indianapolis extension.
Like him, or hate him, he server his/our country in war.
In typing class in high school.
I had my head stuck in my 9th grade locker having just come in from lunch—they made the announcement over the schools PA. I had just moved from South Missouri to West Central Minnesota. I was not surprised that someone had shot him. He wasn’t well thought of in the circles of my aquaintces in South Missouri. I was totally shocked by how upset all my Minnesota classmates were. The town kids all went home and they brought in a couple of Ministers and a priest to hold a prayer vigil in the school auditorium. We had to pray some waiting on the bus to take us home.

The election between Nixon and Kennedy of 1960 I remember as a pretty divisive election.

I’ll bet the public schools in Granite Falls, MN no longer hold prayer vigils.
I was in 12th Grade English class. I jumped up, gave a fist pump and said "All RIGHT". I realized right away that I had committed a social faux pas. Was sent to the principal's office. I really disliked that lefty poser. Kennedy, not the principal.
In 8th grade at recess. A cold and windy morning and the teacher was sitting in her car out of the cold and listening to the radio. When she called out for us to line up she was bawling. She told us what had happened.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I was in 12th Grade English class. I jumped up, gave a fist pump and said "All RIGHT". I realized right away that I had committed a social faux pas. Was sent to the principal's office. I really disliked that lefty poser. Kennedy, not the principal.
Cool story bro...
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
I musta been swimming around in Dad's sack.
Ditto.
I was two and a half years old, and have no memory of it at all.
I was 6th grade recess
High School history class. The English teacher came running down the hall crying and stuck her head in the door to tell us the President had been shot. There's footage showing LBJ ducking into the floorboard or his car behind Kennedy's limousine a full 30 seconds before the shots were heard. Roger Stone's book about "The Case for LBJ" killing Kennedy is pretty compelling.
I was in 3rd. grade. We had just come back inside from our after lunch recess. I was also watching TV when Jack Ruby shoved that 38 revolver into Oswald's gut & pulled the trigger.
I think my dad told me he was in 3rd grade, he's retired now.

Some of you guys are old.
3rd grade. Mrs. Callison's room. The principal came in and made the announcement. I knew enough about politics to be sad and wondered why anyone would do this. I liked Mrs. Callison and I knew she was really sad about it. Not much else was done until it was time to get on the school busses and head home.

kwg
I was entering the Student Union Building at Penn State ,Mckeesport Campus as on the PA system
I was an infant. Probably had a dirty diaper...same ol' same ol'.
I was lurking in one of bio-mom's ovaries.
I was in fourth grade. The teacher from room across the hall ran in and said, "they've shot the president." Our teacher ran out of the room with her, without a word to the students. I can't imagine what would happen in a class room today under these circumstances, but things were different then. Thirtyone fourth graders sat at our desks and discussed what we had just heard. A boy expressed the opinion it must have been the Russians. A girl expressed concern for the president's children.
I was in 5'th grade.

Mr. McCleary brought in a portable radio that he had gotten at the front office.

Told the class the President had just been shot, then plugged the radio in, and we listened to it for the rest of class.

Virgil B.
I was in junior high study hall - all of the 7th and 8th grades were there. Mr. Lindeman, our principal, came in and announced it. I was standing at the library shelves by the wall, holding a book. My immediate, reflexive response was to ask what kind of gun was used. He did not feel that was an appropriate inquiry. (I remember news reports that allueded to a lever-action Winchester, as well as the 7.65 Mauser that was actually found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.) From there, we 7th-grade boys had music with Mrs. Gerdy. She had not been informed of the assassination, and when we tried to tell her about it, she scolded us for making up such a terrible story. I also remember watching television (I am a long-time deviate in this regard) before leaving for school that morning. Dallas poiice chief Jesse Curry was being interviewed and he was explaining the extraordinary lengths that his department had gone to in order to ensure the safety of the President. I distinctly remember him saying that if someone so much as raised a brick to throw at the President's car, the police would be on him before he could throw it.
Originally Posted by mathman
I was lurking in one of bio-mom's ovaries.
LOL. Not even a twinkle in your father's eyes, yet.
John, what was Mister Linderman's first name? I had a teacher of that name. His first name was Byran.
Jack - just Lindeman
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I was in junior high study hall - all of the 7th and 8th grades were there. Mr. Lindeman, our principal came in and announced it. I was standing at the library shelves by the wall, holding a book. My immediate, reflexive response was to ask what kind of gun was used. He did not feel that was an appropriate inquiry. (I remember news reports that allueded to a lever-action Winchester, as well as the 7.65 Mauser that was actually found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.) From there, we 7th-grade boys had music with Mrs. Gerdy. She had not been informed of the assassination, and when we tried to tell her about it, she scolded us for making up such a terrible story. I also remember watching television (I am a long-time deviate in this regard) before leaving for school that morning. Dallas poiice chief Jesse Curry was being interviewed and he was explaining the extraordinary lengths that his department had gone to in order to ensure the safety of the President. I distinctly remember him saying that if someone so much as raised a brick to throw at the President's car, the police would be on him before he could throw it.
Great story. I could see it like I was watching a video. Funny about asking what kind of gun.
Not even thought yet, however I was in Jr. High math class when Reagan was shot
9th grade history class.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by navlav8r

The one in Nashville Tennessee? Bailey Bombers, 1952-59. I was a 1st. year engineering student at UT Martin when JFK assumed room temperature. Good beginning, but LBJ and Nixon should have joined him.

Nope. Jackson,Mississippi. The building is all concrete and looks like a prison. It was completed 1937. There are lots of pictures of it on Google.
Chicago, high school, junior year. Sitting at desk, started hearing a lot of commotion in hall outside classroom door, student opens door sticks head inside and shouts, Kennedy has been shot, with door open could hear nonstop wailing, grieving and sobbing from students and staff in hall way. Hit Chicagoans hard as it always had been (and still is) a Democrat stronghold plus it had a high percentage of Catholics.
Laying in a cradle not far away from the very same airport (Köln Wahn) where JFK had landed a few months before on his visit to Germany. My father was there. Absolutely no security by todays standards. He parked his bike outside the terminal and walked into the airport building to get a glimpse of the 35th President of the USA.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

A high-class individual, even back then. GD
This event and the Beatles on Ed Sullivan are the Boomer litmus test.
I was on the elementary playground at the Whittier School. I thought it was kind of neat to hear of the shooting, not knowing how tragic it really was. I remember how many kids stayed home from school to watch the funeral as their parents told them how historic this event was.

All the aftermath and speculation that still exists is interesting. We visited the site last winter and the distance from the book depository to the location of Kennedy when he was shot is not as far as they made it sound. 3 shots in a matter of seconds is easy to do when you start with the gun loaded and reload twice after the first shot.

The mystery still seems unsolved today, although there are many others that speculate as many as 11 shots fired. After visiting the site and talking to some of the people hanging around there with all sorts of pamphlets and documents stating multiple shooters, I can't make any conclusions myself from all that data.

We spent quite a bit of time looking for Oswald's grave, it isn't easy to find.

While we were in Hico, Texas, they have a museum that has similar evidence that Billy The Kid actually got out of New Mexico alive and lived to an old age in Texas. It is obvious that lying and misrepresenting facts, isn't something new...

The Dallas Police Chief was in on it. He throttled testimony of his own officers about what they saw. parkland Hospital staff and the doctors were hindered by the Secret Service, FBI and other government officials. Kennedy's death car was shipped back to Washington and rebuilt destroying bullet evidence, the only person with the authority to do all this was LBJ.
Damn these rolling commercials.
Originally Posted by Kenlguy

I’m pretty sure the funeral was in color.
Off of the Coast of Ireland on a NATO exercise.I thought Kennedy was an ass hole so did not bother me in the least.
At the grocery store with my grandma. One of her friends said "did you hear, Kennedy's been shot."

I was a little kid, didn't know what to think, but she assured me the friend was just joking.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Not if you had a black & white TV.
Has anyone answered....on a grassy knoll yet?
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

It was black and white at our house, we didn’t have a color set for another decade.

I don’t remember the shooting news but I do remember the funeral and seeing John Jr standing there saluting the procession.

I was 4.
Originally Posted by 673
Has anyone answered....on a grassy knoll yet?
Those guys were under the dirt before JFK's body was cold. I still have the shovel.
A lot of wild rumors going around for us in basic, and no TV.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

I saw that show too. GD
A few years ago The History Channel did a documentary called The Men Who Killed The Kennedy's. It was produced by the BBC. Couple of interesting takes.
My boomer parents were in school learning how to destroy the economy and moral fabric of America LOL
Originally Posted by greydog

I saw that show too. GD
I remember the Ed Sullivan Show as a little kid, and the last show he did. I guess I was ten when he quit TV. I guess we figured he'd always be on TV at the time. Same thing with Johnny Carson.
College freshman in the dorm. Someone hollered, “They got him”. Back then, JFK wasn’t liked very well in the Deep South, at least among those I hung with.

Looking back from where we are now, he doesn’t look that bad.

DF
Johns Manville…heard it over the loud speakers
Me, in the upstairs barracks at Fort Lenora Wood. we were rained of training that day.
,,......7th grade classroom........For any of you Oswald acted alone folk. Next time ya get on you tube type in the search bar,,,"Robert Grodin Absolute Proof JFK Assassination"......About a 90 minute video that breaks the Z film down frame by frame that clearly proves more than one shooter firing from the rear and from the right front.....Virtually and forensically impossible to do all the catastrophic damage to Kennedy's head firing just one shot into the rear of the head from the 6th floor using Oswald's 160 grain round nosed FMJ 6.5mm ammo as the Warren Commission says.......And he blows up the "single bullet theory" as well. The single BULLCHIT" theory is a better term.
Huddled in my workshop doing yet another accurizing job on a 6.5 Carcano.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
College freshman in the dorm. Someone hollered, “They got him”. Back then, JFK wasn’t liked very well in the Deep South, at least among those I hung with.

DF
True. By today's standards, he was a rock ribbed conservative.
Miss Irene Smith's geometry class at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
That Carcano had nothing to do with the assassination. Oswald was a Patsy. That's why Ruby shot him before he could appear on trial.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF
True. By today's standards, he was a rock ribbed conservative.
,,.......Yep....JFK would be absolutely appalled at the current demCRAP party and all of their lunacy.
I was in 7th grade science class in Berlin NY,,, all the teachers were crying and they sent everyone home early.
Originally Posted by jbmi
Marine Corp boot camp, Parris Island. DI walked in, we all snapped to attention. He said " all those from Texas take one step forward" about 3 guys did that. He then said " someone from your f@#ken state just shot and killed the President" he then turned and walked out leaving the whole platoon standing at attention with those three guys still standing there. Nobody moved, like we were all in shock.
About 5 minutes later the DI came back in pushing a TV, plugged it in and left again.
About an hour later he came back again and told us to pack our seabags , you've been placed on 24 hour Stand By and could be shipped out if required.
Went to bed that night knowing very little, woke the next day, unpacked, and things returned normal, except we were allowed to keep the TV for a few days.

I had a plt sgt that was at MCRD San Diego. He said they had finished noon chow and were all in formation outside mess hall. Said all their DI’s came out of mess hall and were excited as all hell running around yellin’ at em all to pack their schidt!!! They were all going to war!! Someone shot the prez!!!!
7th grade jr high cafeteria. They turned off the jukebox

I saw that show too. GD

So did Mannlicher.

"Those Damn longhairs!!"
Wabigoon: Eating lunch at the "Hut" (greasy spoon) across the street from Renton High School.
That's been a while back now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I was not on the grassy knoll that day.
I was 5 months old.
Spotting for the dude on the grassy knoll.

"Perfect frontal head shot dude".
"Eeeew.... his wife is trying to scoop up the brains on the trunk hood".
She was hoping neurosurgeons would be able to put them back in his skull.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ti3Mpv4fwt4[/video]
Originally Posted by smokepole

I saw that show too. GD

So did Mannlicher.

"Those Damn longhairs!!"

I did see the show (and I saw them in person in Jacksonville). I have always liked most of their catalog. I pretty much stopped paying attention to them after they broke up.
II was living in Great Falls MT. J F K had been to our town just a short time before. My 2 daughters and I went to the road near where we lived

To watch him go by. That made it very real to them. One was 6 and one was 5.
Still just a twinkle in the old mans eye in '63. I do remember when Regan was shot - a senior in high school walking to Government class.
10th grade was waiting for the school bus and heard the sad news
She was hoping neurosurgeons would be able to put them back in his skull.
Speaking of neurosurgeons, when Bobby Kennedy was shot, a Cajun from New Roads said, “I knowed he was gonna die”. Man, how you knowed dat? “Dey said them neurosurgeons were operating on him”. “I knowed they ain’t got no good surgeons in New Roads”.

Local joke. And yes, there is a Louisiana town named New Roads.

DF
I was on the Grassy Knoll in a Ghillie Suit with my trusty 6.5 Creedmoor...
I was 6 months old but probably filling a diaper.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
That Carcano had nothing to do with the assassination. Oswald was a Patsy. That's why Ruby shot him before he could appear on trial.
That 'whooshing' noise you heard? The sound of sarcasm doing a fly by.
I was a little motorscooter at the age of 5
1st grade classroom
Several dates away from conception.
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
We've all been there.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
We've all been there.

Well played.
I had graduated from high school that year and was working at the local military depot on tanks. I had got my hand in the wrong place at the wrong time so I was laying in the hospital waiting for the dr. to make the decision as to whether he was gonna leave my finger on my hand or take it off.
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
I had graduated from high school that year and was working at the local military depot on tanks. I had got my hand in the wrong place at the wrong time so I was laying in the hospital waiting for the dr. to make the decision as to whether he was gonna leave my finger on my hand or take it off.

And?
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Well, the suspense is killing us. Did he leave the finger on or take it off?
Sitting in the 1st grade class room. They only had inter comm in the hallway. The teacher had to step out into the hall to hear what was being announced. She came and told us the president had been shot. Don't remember if we got out of school early.
6th grade , Elkhart,IN
My parents married 4 years later. I came along another 4 years after that.
All of us that were straight A honor roll got to go see the motorcade when he came to Dallas. He had come by us, we were making our way back to the bus. I didn’t hear any shots. We were about three blocks away. I saw him a couple of minutes before it happened. I was in fifth grade, 10 I think. Long time ago.
I was in kindergarten and we only had half days then. I was at home watching Bozo the Clown on channel 9 and it was interrupted for the "breaking news". Not knowing any better, I was pissed at the interruption.
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I was in kindergarten and we only had half days then. I was at home watching Bozo the Clown on channel 9 and it was interrupted for the "breaking news". Not knowing any better, I was pissed at the interruption.
LOL. "Damn, I'm missing Bozo!"

PS I remember watching that when I was a kid.
Installing a scope on a rifle in Genes Sporting Goods Monroe La.
Shooting an M1 Garand rifle at Fort Ord Ca.
was in high school. i swear i had nothing to do with it.
Happy 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano Day!
7th grade. School was dismissed. The night before I shook hands with JFK at the Texas Hotel. My father had taken me to see him.
3rd grade in Mary Pearce's class, Swink her husband drove up to the window and told her. She broke down and bawled.
I was in an endocrinology exam. A girl (whom I knew to be very smart but pretty, BTW) finished early and left the class room. A few minutes later she came back in and whispered something to the professor. I could see his face change but he shook his head "No" and she left again. When i finished I walked outside and some friends headed towards me asked if I had heard that Kennedy had been shot. I was not a fan of JFK, but nothing was the same afterwards.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I was in an endocrinology exam. A girl (whom I knew to be very smart but pretty, BTW) finished early and left the class room. A few minutes later she came back in and whispered something to the professor. I could see his face change but he shook his head "No" and she left again. When i finished I walked outside and some friends headed towards me asked if I had heard that Kennedy had been shot. I was not a fan of JFK, but nothing was the same afterwards.

Which, of course, was the whole plan behind the assassination.
I wasn’t in Dallas……no matter what you may have heard! memtb
Say what you will about JFK but I consider him to be the best orator in the history of the presidency. He knew what was up, so they blew his head off.
in my seventh-grade classroom. girls wailed ...
Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
Miss Irene Smith's geometry class at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School.

aren't you the dumb kaaahunt that said Ashli babbit deserved to be assassinated?
© 24hourcampfire