Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I was lurking in one of bio-mom's ovaries.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I was in fourth grade. The teacher from room across the hall ran in and said, "they've shot the president." Our teacher ran out of the room with her, without a word to the students. I can't imagine what would happen in a class room today under these circumstances, but things were different then. Thirtyone fourth graders sat at our desks and discussed what we had just heard. A boy expressed the opinion it must have been the Russians. A girl expressed concern for the president's children.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was in 5'th grade.

Mr. McCleary brought in a portable radio that he had gotten at the front office.

Told the class the President had just been shot, then plugged the radio in, and we listened to it for the rest of class.

Virgil B.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was in junior high study hall - all of the 7th and 8th grades were there. Mr. Lindeman, our principal, came in and announced it. I was standing at the library shelves by the wall, holding a book. My immediate, reflexive response was to ask what kind of gun was used. He did not feel that was an appropriate inquiry. (I remember news reports that allueded to a lever-action Winchester, as well as the 7.65 Mauser that was actually found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.) From there, we 7th-grade boys had music with Mrs. Gerdy. She had not been informed of the assassination, and when we tried to tell her about it, she scolded us for making up such a terrible story. I also remember watching television (I am a long-time deviate in this regard) before leaving for school that morning. Dallas poiice chief Jesse Curry was being interviewed and he was explaining the extraordinary lengths that his department had gone to in order to ensure the safety of the President. I distinctly remember him saying that if someone so much as raised a brick to throw at the President's car, the police would be on him before he could throw it.

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/21/22.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mathman
I was lurking in one of bio-mom's ovaries.
LOL. Not even a twinkle in your father's eyes, yet.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
John, what was Mister Linderman's first name? I had a teacher of that name. His first name was Byran.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jack - just Lindeman

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I was in junior high study hall - all of the 7th and 8th grades were there. Mr. Lindeman, our principal came in and announced it. I was standing at the library shelves by the wall, holding a book. My immediate, reflexive response was to ask what kind of gun was used. He did not feel that was an appropriate inquiry. (I remember news reports that allueded to a lever-action Winchester, as well as the 7.65 Mauser that was actually found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.) From there, we 7th-grade boys had music with Mrs. Gerdy. She had not been informed of the assassination, and when we tried to tell her about it, she scolded us for making up such a terrible story. I also remember watching television (I am a long-time deviate in this regard) before leaving for school that morning. Dallas poiice chief Jesse Curry was being interviewed and he was explaining the extraordinary lengths that his department had gone to in order to ensure the safety of the President. I distinctly remember him saying that if someone so much as raised a brick to throw at the President's car, the police would be on him before he could throw it.
Great story. I could see it like I was watching a video. Funny about asking what kind of gun.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Not even thought yet, however I was in Jr. High math class when Reagan was shot

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
9th grade history class.

IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by navlav8r
In the hallway right by the main staircase during class change in the ninth grade at Bailey Jr High.

The one in Nashville Tennessee? Bailey Bombers, 1952-59. I was a 1st. year engineering student at UT Martin when JFK assumed room temperature. Good beginning, but LBJ and Nixon should have joined him.

Nope. Jackson,Mississippi. The building is all concrete and looks like a prison. It was completed 1937. There are lots of pictures of it on Google.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Chicago, high school, junior year. Sitting at desk, started hearing a lot of commotion in hall outside classroom door, student opens door sticks head inside and shouts, Kennedy has been shot, with door open could hear nonstop wailing, grieving and sobbing from students and staff in hall way. Hit Chicagoans hard as it always had been (and still is) a Democrat stronghold plus it had a high percentage of Catholics.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Laying in a cradle not far away from the very same airport (Köln Wahn) where JFK had landed a few months before on his visit to Germany. My father was there. Absolutely no security by todays standards. He parked his bike outside the terminal and walked into the airport building to get a glimpse of the 35th President of the USA.

Elmer Keith
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I was in 12th Grade English class. I jumped up, gave a fist pump and said "All RIGHT". I realized right away that I had committed a social faux pas. Was sent to the principal's office. I really disliked that lefty poser. Kennedy, not the principal.

A high-class individual, even back then. GD

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This event and the Beatles on Ed Sullivan are the Boomer litmus test.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was on the elementary playground at the Whittier School. I thought it was kind of neat to hear of the shooting, not knowing how tragic it really was. I remember how many kids stayed home from school to watch the funeral as their parents told them how historic this event was.

All the aftermath and speculation that still exists is interesting. We visited the site last winter and the distance from the book depository to the location of Kennedy when he was shot is not as far as they made it sound. 3 shots in a matter of seconds is easy to do when you start with the gun loaded and reload twice after the first shot.

The mystery still seems unsolved today, although there are many others that speculate as many as 11 shots fired. After visiting the site and talking to some of the people hanging around there with all sorts of pamphlets and documents stating multiple shooters, I can't make any conclusions myself from all that data.

We spent quite a bit of time looking for Oswald's grave, it isn't easy to find.

While we were in Hico, Texas, they have a museum that has similar evidence that Billy The Kid actually got out of New Mexico alive and lived to an old age in Texas. It is obvious that lying and misrepresenting facts, isn't something new...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Dallas Police Chief was in on it. He throttled testimony of his own officers about what they saw. parkland Hospital staff and the doctors were hindered by the Secret Service, FBI and other government officials. Kennedy's death car was shipped back to Washington and rebuilt destroying bullet evidence, the only person with the authority to do all this was LBJ.
Damn these rolling commercials.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Funeral was interesting even if it was in black and white.

I’m pretty sure the funeral was in color.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Off of the Coast of Ireland on a NATO exercise.I thought Kennedy was an ass hole so did not bother me in the least.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At the grocery store with my grandma. One of her friends said "did you hear, Kennedy's been shot."

I was a little kid, didn't know what to think, but she assured me the friend was just joking.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.