Home
We need to push him to allow the Sunshine protection act to reach the floor. The senate has already passed it. Pelosi refused to allow it for a vote.
The bill is to make daylight savings permanent nationwide. Some want dayllight savings, some prefer standard. That part can be debated and/or amended on the floor. The important part is to get rid of the semiannual changes but nothing will ever change if the speaker doesn't allow it to reach the floor.
However, if it's amended to standard time, it has to go back to the senate and anything could happen there. If passed as is, it goes to Biden. Of course Biden's clock doesn't tick so who knows what he'd do.
Sounds super important
Posted By: Teal Re: Whoever is elected speaker... - 11/22/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We need to push him to allow the Sunshine protection act to reach the floor. The senate has already passed it. Pelosi refused to allow it for a vote.
The bill is to make daylight savings permanent nationwide. Some want dayllight savings, some prefer standard. That part can be debated and/or amended on the floor. The important part is to get rid of the semiannual changes but nothing will ever change if the speaker doesn't allow it to reach the floor.
However, if it's amended to standard time, it has to go back to the senate and anything could happen there. If passed as is, it goes to Biden. Of course Biden's clock doesn't tick so who knows what he'd do.

IMO- there are larger things at hand for this country's future than something like what time to set the clock to.
Indeed.
I'm ok with this on the back burner and hope they tackle about 50 more important issues first.
Leave it the way it is now, changing the clock.

Whining is therapeutic.
They could deal with it in an hour if they'd do it. The senate did it with a simple unanimous consent vote. Of course, that would eliminate the semi-annual time change threads here on the fire. It would save millions of people some frustration twice a year, eliminate computer programing on millions of servers.

Since when did we elect a congress to deal only with big things like getting rid of cash and perverting our children? Their job is also to deal with these small things to make life a bit easier.
Originally Posted by Teal

IMO- there are larger things at hand for this country's future than something like what time to set the clock to.

Absolutely.
The more time they spend on these little things, the less time they have to spend on the big things that are destroying this country. I'd rather have them debating a time change than debating a climate change bill.
I have the solution and its the perfect compromise.
Set the clocks forward 1/2 hour all around the world and never fugk with them again, ever. Period. Amen. Mashelem.
Or we could just hang the son of a bitch and all of his accomplices.
Not even in the top 1000
Originally Posted by steve4102
Not even in the top 1000

At least it's not doing any harm.

Most of the chit that gets passed and signed into law now, does our nation grievous injury.
The more time they spend on these little things, the less time they have to spend on the big things that are destroying this country. I'd rather have them debating a time change than debating a climate change bill.

I suppose you can read the Marxist Mind …

Or the Resistance to their Agenda..

You got a very slim margin in the House and a Big Bucket of Rhinos..

The Marxist just got another Impeachment Rhino today ..

I would think we opt for the Night and Rule It ..

Just Saying..

Hahaha Hahaha
I hope they fix this and a lot of other fugged up things. I read the thread title and instantly said "needs balls".
Posted By: efw Re: Whoever is elected speaker... - 11/22/22
Not even in the top 1000

Exactly

But I’m sure it’ll be one they’ll take up and hold out like some sort of trophy.

Now that Roe was overturned they need something to motivate the base maybe this is Paul Ryan’s attempt?

the state of what our country is in, that's like a pimple on your azz, bigger fish to fry
Should be done
It would beat holy hell out of their usual schedule.
If I were king, his royal highness, Imperial Overlord, and Grand Wazzoo...................

I'd wait until spring and have everyone move their clocks 1/2 hr ahead and then leave it there forever.

Then the "Oh my god, the kids have to go to school in the dark Nov-Mar" folks will get 1/2 more light and I'll have a 1/2 hour more light in the evenings when I'm awake and it's warmer to do outside stuff.

Fini!
Standard time works. So does execution of traitors.
I've never understood why changing the time is a problem. People live their lives based on when the sun is up. Changing the time twice a year reflects that. If we standardize on the same time year-round most businesses and schools will simply alter their business hours to be open when the sun is up. They will choose to be open 8-4 during part of the year, 9-5 the rest of the year. That seems far more confusing than what we are doing now.

If they don't, you'll have kids getting to school 2 hours before sunup part of the year and getting home right at sundown part of the year. Most construction jobs need sunlight to work. They already change hours with the seasons to take advantage of that. During summers when it is hot, and the sun is up at 6 AM a lot of companies work 6-2 in order to be out of the afternoon heat.

What we are doing now is only a MINOR inconvenience one day a year. No one complains about the extra hour they get one weekend in the Fall. But losing that 1 hour over one weekend in the Spring is just too much for some people to deal with. What we're doing ain't broke. Why try to fix it.
Tie the daylight time bill, to an overreaching tax bill and it will pass in a heartbeat! Fuggn politicians anyway. Things like the daylight bill take away from business they should be doing.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Sounds super important
It is.... That time-change crap shoulda been gone YEARS ago... Interrupts sleep patterns, causes crashes from sleepy drivers, inconveniences businesses... A lot of studies done over the years to show the negatives of that damned time change.

So yes, IMHO, it's damned important..
It is just something to get rid of cause it is stupid. The government came up with the ideas and that tells me all I need to now... Only government can set a clock back and think it will ad an hour of daylight. it is something Ocosio Cortez woulf think was a good idea.
What does Q say?
I wish they’d outlaw interstate rumble strips. It should be right behind the daylight savings time agenda item.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Sounds super important
It is.... That time-change crap shoulda been gone YEARS ago... Interrupts sleep patterns, causes crashes from sleepy drivers, inconveniences businesses... A lot of studies done over the years to show the negatives of that damned time change.

So yes, IMHO, it's damned important..
WELL OK!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not even in the top 1000

At least it's not doing any harm.

Most of the chit that gets passed and signed into law now, does our nation grievous injury.
As a stand alone bill, ok, but you and I both know that congress never passes a stand alone bill and the hidden unreported amendments and pork added to this will indeed do harm.
Of course, that would eliminate the semi-annual time change threads here on the fire.

But think of the brawls we'd miss out on!
Posted By: efw Re: Whoever is elected speaker... - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've never understood why changing the time is a problem. People live their lives based on when the sun is up.

Precisely
Sounds super important

On the list of priorities, this one is about 392.
© 24hourcampfire