Home
Posted By: rufous Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!
Insensitive prick, moonshiners gotta eat too.
They have just been waiting for a transplant from Oregon to tell them how wrong they have been doing it.
Originally Posted by Backroads
They have just been waiting for a transplant from Oregon to tell them how wrong they have been doing it.

More like a transgender.
So you didn't try to learn about the county you were moving to beforehand?
Posted By: Teal Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Seems to me the conservative thing would be to let local people govern locally.

If the county citizens want to be dry and they are - that's the win. State isn't randomly forcing counties to be dry.
Originally Posted by rufous
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

Dude, you’re a winemaker.

Make wine, sell it, make money.

#Win

🦫
Posted By: 79S Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Moves from Oregon pissed at all the Californians that moved to oregon a messed it all up. Moves to Arkansa 6 weeks in the County he lives in is all ph ucked up because they are a dry County and something needs to be done to change the law. Is this irony??
Well shoog….there’s always meth
Originally Posted by Beaver10

#Win

🦫
He is whining!!
Blame the Baptist’s.

County i live in, in MS was dry until about 5 years ago.

Finally got to vote on it.

Oh, it was going to be the end of world if you listened to the Bible thumpers.

Jails full of drunks. Theft would increase.
Gangs. Organized crime…..

In reality, nothing has really changed.

You still have the same drunks.

County just makes tax money off the booze now instead of sending it to another county.

Baptist still drive to the next county to get theirs….

😂😂😂
Holy Fugk

We had to bring out the pitchforks and torches to get Powerball and scratch offs
79S-

You hit the nail on the head along with several others.
Can your vehicle travel to a neighboring county that sells the devils water?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Blame the Baptist’s.

County just makes tax money off the booze now instead of sending it to another county.

😂😂😂

Same exact meltdown of the Baptists in my county a few years ago. The longer I've been out of that church, the more it resembles a cult in hindsight.
plan ahead ... it only took 6 weeks from moving from a liberal state to a good old backward conservative area that you chose to start bitching about things. this is exactly why people that live on the cheap backwards States despise people that move in from liberal areas , whether they consider their themselves liberals or not. they bring many of the habits and ways with them ..
Posted By: drover Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22

Post of the month
laugh
You in an HOA down there??
They got any of them titty bars there?
We got a titty bar in front of the walamrt
It used to be that way in my hometown in Arkansas. I remember the closest liquor store was twenty miles out. Now there is aliquor store about a mile from my old home.
Originally Posted by slumlord
They got any of them titty bars there?
I think they do, mainly a family ran affair. Mom does the book keeping, brothers run the door.

Sisters keep the cousins entertained.

Dad samples the goods.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Beaver10

#Win

🦫
He is whining!!

This thread ain’t gonna be pretty.

Lol

🦫
I grew up in bible belt dry counties.

County just to the south wasn't dry, and had a big liquor store out in the middle of nowhere at the county line.

Guy who owned that store died a multi-millionaire. Fact.

Those counties to the north kept the highway worn down driving there.

FWIW, I never noticed any downturn in the drinking in a dry county. Just the selling (In the open)... The bootleggers were plentiful.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Yeppers, and in the counties that do sell alcohol your SOL if you go to the fridge for a beer on Sunday and find it empty! Gotta wait until Monday to stock up!
Posted By: arky65 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
I think you were warned in your OP months ago.

Do like the rest of us that live in dry counties, when you go to the Liquor Store, stock up.

We stock up once a month at Sam's for beer, and the Liquor Store for wine and liquor, no biggie. Our Sam's does not sell liquor.

Pushing a basket full of beer gets us a few odd looks, but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do.

It will all be fine, you learn to deal with it.

Or you can move.

Good luck with your new job and welcome to Arkansas.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Oh yeah, if you gotta get hammered in a dry county just go to the local dine-in restaurant, sign the guestbook and you can get hammered, just no alcohol to go👍 it's considered a "private club"

Also, pool halls, VFWs, Eagle, elks, dance clubs etc. are allowed to sell alcohol in dry counties, the have a guestbook that you sign in on. Technically they are "private clubs"
You actually moved to a place without knowing something as important as this? Then want to change the way they do things immediately after moving there? Move back to Oregon, when you find out you have to pump your own gas and don’t know how to, your head’s going to explode.
Supposedly Arkansas has the most dry counties of any state in the country. I believe it’s 35 dry counties at the last count. And it’s nearly impossible to get them off center when it comes up for a vote. Everyone thought recreational
Marijuana would pass in the recent election too and it lost out by a pretty good margin.

Just like almost everyone else here, you're confusing conservatism with libertarianism. They are most definitely NOT the same... or they didn't use to be, anyway.
Any municipality is gonna have council members, alderman, etc. . Those pukes can vote any legislation in they see fit. We still have dry counties and towns in TN.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Carry your Yankee ass back Oregon and STFU.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Blame the Baptist’s.

😂😂😂
Sounds like the same arguments against recreational marijuana.
A wine make fugged up and moved to a dry county didn't he?
Thought people decidin how they wanted ta live their lives, was the way it was supposed ta be.
If you take a Baptist fishing, take two. They won't touch your beer. If you take one he'll drink most of it.
Posted By: rufous Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
I knew there were dry counties before moving here. Even so I am not real pleased about it. I am quite conservative which is one of the reasons I left Oregon. Dry counties don't make much sense as others have posted. I work in a wet county so yes, I can buy booze there before heading home but when I go out to dinner on occasion I do generally like to have some sort of alcoholic drink with the meal. Sure glad none of you all ever complain about anything. Good grief, some of you guys are pretty whacked to jump my case about an issue that I am dealing with. We haven't bought a home yet but will likely make an offer on one in the neighboring dry county. We have looked at over 30 homes and so far this is the best by far. Just bummed that it is in a dry county. Worse things in life for sure. Oh well.
I knew there were dry counties before moving here. Even so I am not real pleased about it. I am quite conservative which is one of the reasons I left Oregon. Dry counties don't make much sense as others have posted. I work in a wet county so yes, I can buy booze there before heading home but when I go out to dinner on occasion I do generally like to have some sort of alcoholic drink with the meal. Sure glad none of you all ever complain about anything. Good grief, some of you guys are pretty whacked to jump my case about an issue that I am dealing with. We haven't bought a home yet but will likely make an offer on one in the neighboring dry county. We have looked at over 30 homes and so far this is the best by far. Just bummed that it is in a dry county. Worse things in life for sure. Oh well.

You Californians messing up everything....
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Originally Posted by 79S

You Californians messing up everything....
Come on Nugz, play nice.
Holy Fugk

We had to bring out the pitchforks and torches to get Powerball and scratch offs

We don't have any of that here, Bleeding heart liberals are concerned the Natives out in western Alaska will blow their .gov/native corp checks all on lottery tickets.
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

We don't have any of that here, Bleeding heart liberals are concerned the Natives out in western Alaska will blow their .gov/native corp checks all on lottery tickets.
Well...... they will.
Join a Beer of the Month club.

Mailed ta the house.
Just look at it like this. You will be saving money by not eating out since you can't have a brew with dinner.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22

Carry your ass back to Oregon, Yankee, and you won’t have that problem.
Don’t buy a house in a dry county. Wear the pants
Originally Posted by 79S
Moves from Oregon pissed at all the Californians that moved to oregon a messed it all up. Moves to Arkansa 6 weeks in the County he lives in is all ph ucked up because they are a dry County and something needs to be done to change the law. Is this irony??

This!!^^^^^^^ We see the same kind of crap around here all the time. Instead of Oregon, the misery is coming from New York and New Jersey.
The dirty south seems to be getting inundated by left coasters. Me? I can't take the humidity. Plus, not enough charging statio s for my prius.
Yeah the enemy is moving in state.
PS: for you southerners, inundated means that lots of them are moving there.
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

Well...... they will.

Our current governor wanted to implement a limited lotter ticket type sales. Ph uck the liberals thought you chit in their bowl of granola. How dare you take money from the natives they will all die of starvation. Again liberals thinking they know what's best for the poor natives. Problem is the natives are led like sheep around here and cant think for themselves.
The dirty south seems to be getting inundated by left coasters. Me? I can't take the humidity. Plus, not enough charging statio s for my prius.

Not really. Some of those laws are just dragged from the Dems rules, back when Jim Crow ruled the South. In Florida - the new Reddest State in the "World" - eating Pu$$y is illegal.
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

Not really. Some of those laws are just dragged from the Dems rules, back when Jim Crow rules the South. In Florida - the new Reddest State in the "World" - eating Pu$$y is illegal.
So do you eat it yourself then?

Not really. Some of those laws are just dragged from the Dems rules, back when Jim Crow ruled the South. In Florida - the new Reddest State in the "World" - eating Pu$$y is illegal.
Well, guess that takes Florida off the list for me......
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

Well...... they will.

Our current governor wanted to implement a limited lotter ticket type sales. Ph uck the liberals thought you chit in their bowl of granola. How dare you take money from the natives they will all die of starvation. Again liberals thinking they know what's best for the poor natives. Problem is the natives are led like sheep around here and cant think for themselves.
Gotta let them burn their hand to figure out that the oven is hot. The way Natives are coddled and dealt with across this nation is the most racist thing going on today.

Do so and stay in "Jefferson".

Are diaper wearing adult roll players illegal where you are?

You should be careful.

Done. I like a mountain or two within a 1000 miles
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

Well...... they will.

Gotta let them burn their hand to figure out that the oven is hot. The way Natives are coddled and dealt with across this nation is the most racist thing going on today.
You talking about afcran natives?
Posted By: Otter Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Our county was dry when we moved here over 20 years ago. There had to be a petition drive for the county to go wet. Numerous efforts failed but finally passed 5-6 years ago. Each municipality could decide finer details. Our locale is dry on Sundays, the city south of us is dry on Sunday until noon (IIRC), other towns are open every day. Depends where you live . . . Yes, we knew the county was dry before we moved and I voted to go wet (I don't drink) because I didn't like the idea of anybody 'needing' to make a 20 mile trip in any direction at 11:30 pm when they could knee walk to the 7-11.
Posted By: ERK Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/27/22
Buy the big jugs by the case and you are set for a month. Problem solved. Edk
My particular county in Virginia can’t sell alcohol until after 11am on sundays
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

Well...... they will.

You talking about afcran natives?
No, Injuns & eskeemos
The best course of action would be to go back to where you came from.
Originally Posted by mathman
If you take a Baptist fishing, take two. They won't touch your beer. If you take one he'll drink most of it.

The Jews don’t recognize Jesus as the Savior…

Catholics don’t recognize Mohammed as the Prophet…

Baptists don’t recognize each other in the liquor store…

or the titty bar…..
Originally Posted by Pappy348

or the titty bar…..
Lol.

or the titty bar…..
Truth be told there

or the titty bar…..

The Jews, The Muslims, The Catholics, and the Baptists - all - recognize the eastern dwellers as Heretic Fuqkhs!

or the titty bar…..

The Jews, The Muslims, The Catholics, and the Baptists - all - recognize the eastern dwellers as Heretic Fuqkhs!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Stophel

I would love to hear the giant sucking sound of our transplants headed up the interstate to the Northeast. I will never happen, though. They love it here and are bringing more down.
It’s pretty arrogant to actually move somewhere and b!tch about the laws, but I will agree that all blue laws suck. Through no fault of my own, I was staying at a hotel in GA for work. Went to the gas station nearby to buy a 6 pack… nope, it’s Sunday. Pissed me off to no end.
Nothing new about bitchy carpetbaggers- - - - -the damyankee soldiers who looted my G-G-Grandfather's tobacco store when they captured Nashville were pizzed off about his poor inventory!
All of North Arkansas was dry except the.county in the center and the.2 corners until about 5 years ago. Now most of them are wet. Our county has been wet 2 years. Dry since the 40s.
There's always Nyquil.

Certain fire poster gotta lotta mixed drink recipes.

Probly charge ya for em.

Live in a dry township.
A supervisor ask my opinion of letting a brew pub open here.

"NO!"

Don't need that around here. A teeth and eyeballs in the sawdust bar? OK.
Don't want the microbrew/pub types.

It died quick. Nobody wanted it.
Still dry.

Somehow the state built a liquor store though.
Some loophole about off premises consumption.
The grocery got a license 3 or 4 years ago. They never started selling
beer. Evidently, loopholes only work for the state owned businesses.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
All of North Arkansas was dry except the.county in the center and the.2 corners until about 5 years ago. Now most of them are wet. Our county has been wet 2 years. Dry since the 40s.
Yep, we still have 43% dry counties
Arkansas. Arkansas has 75 counties, 32 of which are dry, and (Packaged liquor, beer and wine sales are currently allowed on Sundays in the cities of Altus, Eureka Springs, Ozark, Springdale and Tontitown; additionally, licensed microbreweries can sell growlers for carry-out on Sundays) and on Christmas Day.
Walmart was behind the big push to make the dry counties wet. Lots of folks jumped on the bandwagon and helped kill another segment of small business.

Arkansas's sin tax is so high, it's still worth going to the state line if you're close anyway. If you add cigarettes and gas on top, it really makes the trip worth while.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
DryPowder,
Which counties have those titti bars?
Is it full nekked or just merely topless or ????
I've hunted in a lot of dry counties in Arkansas. In everyone of them, the next county over had a 2 or 3 lane drive thru liquor store on the county line.

Cheers.

While in theory I may agree with you, but in principle I won't. Wait until you've lived in the state a bit more than a whole 6 weeks to tell us how backwoods we are. You already knew about the dry county situation before moving here (you asked about in back in Sept in your NWA thread) and I'm quite sure it was discussed with your current job being what it is. Stop acting like a typical Californian and immediately trying to change your new home into the [bleep] you just left.

Liquor laws are voted on by the people, not the government. Those dry counties are dry by choice as determined by votes. They can easily become wet if they want to. Seems it's working the way it should, doesn't it?

You moved to Arkansas by choice. I'd assume it was because it offered more favorable living conditions and opportunity than where you left. Maybe there's a reason that is.
Posted By: richj Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Most of the hillbilly state residents are hold overs from the Puritans.
That's a main reason that the country is so ****ed up.
People move from their place of origin instead of
trying to fix things they don't like, they move to
another place and try to transform it into their
idea of a paradise. Then they ***k up the place
they moved to so it's just like the place they left.

Just about drives me nuts hearing all these
people talking about how they do things "back home "
or how there's no snow, and it's so damn hot here.
Or you can't find my favorite kind of " sew-dahs"
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Jeeze yooze guys
Just stay where you feel at home, and fix the
problems there instead of ragging on somebody
else's idea of home
Ha you think it bad now. Wain until next May/June/July when the mosquitos come out! You will think the no alcohol is nothing when your in constant combat mode🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟
Originally Posted by richj
Most of the hillbilly state residents are hold overs from the Puritans.

Geography isn’t your strong point is it.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22

Just like almost everyone else here, you're confusing conservatism with libertarianism. They are most definitely NOT the same... or they didn't use to be, anyway.

This ^ is the truth.

Two groups in favor of dry counties. The church crowd and the owners of liquor stores in the adjacent wet counties. Strange bedfellows if you ask me. All it really accomplishes is increasing drunk driving, as all the drunks need to drive to the next county or state to stock up when they run out, and they won’t wait till they make it home to start back up.
No big deal, just get your booze over the county line
MPat70 is on the right track.

I was thinking about what the chiggers are going to do to Roo's grape stompers while he dreaming of a Notorious triple IPA.

Probably best that you throw the doodle dog in the Subaru and go back to Oregon.
I thought all these laws changed after the movie Footloose came out.

#NobodyPutsBabyInACorner

🦫
Drive over to the wet County. This has been the rule forever.
You all believe you are living in 2022, try 1962
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've hunted in a lot of dry counties in Arkansas. In everyone of them, the next county over had a 2 or 3 lane drive thru liquor store on the county line.

Cheers.

I imagine big truck coolers come standard in every truck in Arkansas.

🦫
PS: for you southerners, inundated means that lots of them are moving there.

We went through this back after the unCivil War: loads of carpetbaggers exhibiting a streak of New England Puritan moralizing moving in to tell us how to live. What's old is new again.....
ruferse move ov'here to montain hom we stay drunk alot
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
DryPowder,
Which counties have those titti bars?
Is it full nekked or just merely topless or ????

Memphis was the Holy Grail when it come to tittie bars, Arkansas couldn't compete. Platinum Plus was unreal before the Feds shut it down.

I ate a bunch of mushrooms one night and was driving around Memphis looking at the lights and wound up at Platinum. A tittie bar is a hell of a place to ride out a mushroom trip.
Originally Posted by ERK
Buy the big jugs by the case and you are set for a month. Problem solved. Edk

Either that, or just quit drinking.........problem solved.
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
So you didn't try to learn about the county you were moving to beforehand?
Must have been from Montana or Texas.
Dr. Tichenor’s antiseptic.

That's what all the local drunks used to drink when I lived in a dry country in MS growing up. The local county store would usually have a couple can's of chili, a few loaves of bread and a gallon of milk in stock, but the back wall of the store would have about 100 bottles of Dr. Tichenor's. 70% alcohol (140 proof) and you were supposed to mix it 5:1 with water to make a mouthwash but nobody ever used it for that. My mom had a cousin that didn't own a vehicle so he'd drive his old John Deere A model tractor the five miles to the store to get his Dr. Tichenor's every day. He was usually drunk by the time he got back home so he'd occasionally take out a neighbor's fence on the way. He had to cross a couple of old wooden bridges with no rail and I remember once he ran off the bridge and stuck the tractor nose down in the creek, he wasn't hurt. They pulled the tractor out, cleaned it up and it ran fine.

Good times! Get the local store to stock up on Dr. Tichenor's and you'll be all set
I see he’s a former Oregon resident from the responses whoops. Texas used to have some as well and we had to drive to the county line. Wyoming had some strange to us alcohol laws when we were visiting to buy booze.
Rufous the same Oregonian (what a shock) that had to plug his freezer in every 300 miles so his Hot Pockets made it safe and sound.

LOL

Can't make this schit up.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I see he’s a former Oregon resident from the responses whoops. Texas used to have some as well and we had to drive to the county line. Wyoming had some strange to us alcohol laws when we were visiting to buy booze.

Speaking of dumb mother fugkers.

LOL
And here you are again. Does your snatch still hurt from my foot in it from your last attempt at me.
Mark well your neighbors, good and very bad times are coming soon.
I can’t believe cash hasn’t came to your defense yet. Wait you must be in bed feigning sleep before your wife gets home from work.
And here you are again. Does your snatch still hurt from my foot in it from your last attempt at me.

Calm down, Gretchen.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

Calm down, Gretchen.

LOL
Now that’s funny. Lol.
Posted By: 79S Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Rufous the same Oregonian (what a shock) that had to plug his freezer in every 300 miles so his Hot Pockets made it safe and sound.

LOL

Can't make this schit up.

Made the lab ride in the car being towed to big to sit up front in the moving truck..
The county I live in was voted dry in the late 70’s if I remember correctly. The county seat voted itself wet a few years ago. The WV state line is 3 miles from my house it’s wet there if I decide to get a beer or bottle though it’s rare for me. DUI and PI arrests never got less frequent in my memory but the Bible thumpers feel good about it being dry.
We got a titty bar in front of the walamrt

Right inside the store, like Subway???
Texas has some doozy booze laws too.

No beer before noon. Can sell beer but not booze at a restaurant. Booze requires a membership or else you can only order beer.

All sorts of stupid schit.

Buncha fuggin retards.
The wet counties and state lines was for the trash. Back when people worked hard, they partied hard. Lots of timber cutters went out on the weekend looking to fight. Going to the Shoot and Stab was a thing.

If you had any means, living in a dry country wasn't an issue. There was a County Club, VFW, and possibly an Elks Club that all had bars where you could go and be around your peers without the BS.
Oregon allows booze to be sold everywhere. You can smoke weed, shoot heroin or Fentanyl, pop Oxycodone like they are Chiclets and it’s perfectly legal.

Hell, the City Council in PDX even made a nice, safe space for everyone to do drugs. It’s called Downtown Portland.

Why move?

LMAO

🦫
We still have dry counties here in Kentucky. Kentucky has a hodge-podge of dry, wet, and moist counties. Out of 120 counties I believe there are 10 or so that are completely dry meaning there is no alcohol legally sold within the county's borders. I believe there are 48 counties that are "moist" meaning that there is a city or particular voting precinct with a golf course or winery that allows the sale of alcohol, but outside of the city or that special area then its dry territory. So nearly half of Kentucky's counties are dry, but cities or a precinct with a golf course or winery has held an election to either also alcohol by the drink, or package sells.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Live in a dry township.

"NO!"

Still dry.

PA has some weird sheit going on regarding Beer/Wine/Liquor sales.
6 pack store
Case store
And I hear 'some' grocers have beer sales now[but not in the main store]?
Bunch of poozies who don't know how to make their own alcohol? WGAF what they think?
Originally Posted by Raeford
6 pack store
Case store

MS has some also.

County will by dry, cities wet.
Some sell beer, no liquor.
Some only sell hot beer. No cold beer.
No beer on Sunday’s.
No beer on sundays before noon.
Can sell beer in a dry county, but you have to be neer a lake.
Restaurants can only sell a certain % of alcohol. Cant be a “bar”.

I’m just happy that the local DG has 15pk of keystones on the cheap….
Texas has some doozy booze laws too.

No beer before noon. Can sell beer but not booze at a restaurant. Booze requires a membership or else you can only order beer.

All sorts of stupid schit.

Buncha fuggin retards.

Alcohol to-go from restaurants is legal, now. Beer/wine sales start at 10:00 AM Sunday mornings. Hard liquor still off limits on Sundays.
After years of state run ABC[liquor stores] somebody in Virginia had a realization that these stores could actually make money, lots of money.
One day we went from hours of Noon-5PM Monday-Saturday to many stores open from 10AM-9PM 7 days a week[Sunday opening followed by about a year of the major hours change].
They do all sorts of marketing here now if one is on their email list.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Live in a dry township.

"NO!"

Still dry.

6 pack store
Case store
PA has some weird laws overall.

Weird laws on when and how they can hunt on Sundays and I believe they banned sleds and quads for transportation while ice fishing up until recently.
Posted By: BubbaG Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
It could be worse. At least you can hunt on Sundays.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Just go to a restaurant near you that sells alcohol! I haven’t had to “sign in” in years to drink at restaurants where my mom lives in C. Arkansas. If you want alcohol for your house, you just drive to your closest wet county and I’m sure there are a couple of liquor stores within feet of the county line. Or, if that doesn’t work, you can move back to Oregon, no one in Arkansas will probably miss you. Hell, the minute they saw Oregon on your license plates, they wrote you off as a liberal or ANTIFA member.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Originally Posted by Heym06
Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

Tell me all about your gun laws, again.
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

Ouch.
LOL
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/28/22
Originally Posted by Raferman

Ouch.
LOL

Punching below the Bible belt? laugh

Bam!
I was working in northern Indiana just down from the MI border about 6-7 years ago. We stopped at a 7/11 for beer to bring back to the motel and could only buy warm beer. Apparently cold beer was illegal at party stores to discourage drunk driving but was legal to sell at grocery stores. Can’t imagine that it worked but that was the law there.

You are exactly where you belong. Please stay there!
On Sunday's, it's easier to legally get weed than liquor in my town.

So everything is awesome in Oregon (no longer Orygun) huh?
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie

So everything is awesome in Oregon (no longer Orygun) huh?

I believe utopia is now Ormygun, but I digress. Let us not try to fill this guy's head with crazy talk of foreign lands that allegedly offer a few more "freedoms" or "liberties" than his neurons could be capable of processing. Ormygun is the shizzle for those who want to Lewis & Clark their way through the exciting world of (il)legal drugs without fear of criminal repercussions.
The dry counties come from problems in the 40's and the 50's. Lots of bored WWII guys that was itching for some action. There would be a fight in one of the bars, it would spill into the street and turn into a all out brawl on the court square.

One of my old friends that helped raise me was famous for locking up his store to fight. He would run the people out of his store, lock the doors and go fight then drink the rest of the day. He said when you know everyone, it's not hard to pick a side.

About the only body affected by the dry counties were the arseholes and dumb phuecks from out of town. In my circle were a handful of Catholics that kept from 10 to 25 cases of beer on hand. You could always run by and get a couple of cases of beer and replace it later on in the week.
Posted By: Steve Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22
Note to self: Don't mention any differences after moving to Utah.
Originally Posted by Steve

This went well beyond mentioning differences. Don’t move to Utah and 6 weeks in tell those dumb [bleep] how stupid they are and tell them to get their laws in line with the place you just left.

He already knew about the dry counties before moving there. He works for a winery after all. No one forced him to move here.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Steve

This went well beyond mentioning differences. Don’t move to Utah and 6 weeks in tell those dumb [bleep] how stupid they are and tell them to get their laws in line with the place you just left.

He already knew about the dry counties before moving there. He works for a winery after all. No one forced him to move here.

Bingo. I believe he was also advised specifically to avoid this behavior, by folks who understand the lay of the land and/or have detectable amounts of good sense. I hope the guy makes good wine, because he's not likely to make good friends in Arkansas like this.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22
[quote=Heym06]Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!
A lot of counties in the deep south are dry. Caused a lot of accidents from "wet" counties with people driving back to dry counties. Taxes were another. Most counties in Alabama are now wet. Even in my county, which is wet, a few years ago the state officers looking for meth labs found 76 stills in the woods around the main towns. They just busted them up and didn't even try to find who built them, they were more interested in stopping the far more dangerous meth labs.
[quote=Heym06]Dry counties, only in the Bible belt. No one lets the church's rule, everyday life, like the Bible belt. Bunch of horned up preachers, diddling their flock, and preaching the evil, of everything they don't believe! Laughing my ass off!!!

They aren't the law yet. But ya all been sucking the Baptist tit for centuries.. Don't take offense, because you let some horned up preachers, force you to travel for a friggn beer. Nothing like having the righteous, lead your every move. Be they right or wrong! They are your puppeteers!!!!

Maybe you'll lose your rights as far as guns go but on the bright side you get extra points for having a Lesbaru in the driveway.

we might be surprised there are probably more people that do not go to church through the Bible belt and do. the area said in Missouri and Northern Arkansas most people have a distrust for outsiders and then outsiders that come in and bitch about things until people how they should do different things many times get very unwelcome real fast.
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Fugk

We also have local option laws where local communities can vote themselves dry and several have. Mostly in western Alaska and some in the north. I've worked in a dry jurisdiction. I never do it again. They're all mostly hellholes and being dry contributes quite a bit to it because of the binge drinking culture that's developed because of it. It hasn't stopped the alcohol from coming in and the bootleggers make bank.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Are diaper wearing adult roll players illegal where you are?

You should be careful.

We have a diaper-wearing role player occupying the Oral office and getting flown around the world on Air Farce One.

For a guy who knows so little, you have a lot to say. We love that around here.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22
Baptists being anti alcohol and dry counties didn’t really exist until towards the end of the 19th century and the Temperance Movement which, of course, culminated in Prohibition.

On the frontier it was fairly common for Baptist preachers to be paid with corn liquor like everyone else was.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22

You have no idea, what I might know. Didn't mean to strike a nerve🤔, but then it is entertaining. In reality I could give a rats ass, how you obtain your spirits. And who's wife or daughter the preacher, saved..
Posted By: LouisB Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/29/22
It was explained to me years ago . . .

Bootleggers keep the anti alcohol church groups stirred up against the evil of liquor.
It is GOOD for their business of boot legging.
Bootlegger in this case selling illegal commercial or up the hollow made brew.

Some counties looked into potential retail establishment kept out by the "Dry" designation and change the local "law".

Potential taxes from restaurants and "liquor" stores spoke loud and clear!

You have no idea, what I might know.
Only what you've decided to share with all of us.

Didn't mean to strike a nerve🤔, but then it is entertaining.

Sure you did. You just missed.

In reality I could give a rats ass, how you obtain your spirits. And who's wife or daughter the preacher, saved..
Again.
Another fun topic for making friends quickly:

Your new, better job doesn't do things like they did at your old, crappy job.
The ironic thing is my buddy was telling me medical weed is legal in Arkansas and all you have to do is go fill out some BS online form about ptsd to get your card. He applied for a license to run a dispensary with a couple of other investors. The state charged a six figure sum to apply and they didn't get approved.

But you gotta run to the county line to get you a six pack of bud heavy.
Remember- - - -those ignorant rednecks down at Hot Springs Arkansas are selling WATER to a bunch of smart damyankees! Who's actually the dummy?
Posted By: 673 Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/30/22
Has he left Arkansas yet?
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Baptists being anti alcohol and dry counties didn’t really exist until towards the end of the 19th century and the Temperance Movement which, of course, culminated in Prohibition.

On the frontier it was fairly common for Baptist preachers to be paid with corn liquor like everyone else was.
and a Kentucky Baptist preacher invented Bourbon Whiskey
My wife & I stayed in a VRBO in Brownsville Ky. for two nights so that we could visit nearby Mammoth Cave N.P. and we had no idea that the whole county was dry. We had to travel to the neighboring county for a glass of wine & a beer to have with our dinner. Where we live we have some dry townships but not the whole county.....really weird there.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/30/22
There are some pretty sound historical reasons the Temperance movement and eventually Prohibition became things. It wasn’t just puritanical morality.

Alcohol consumption by the average American was staggering. A lot of these people walked around half drunk or worse all the time. It played a huge part in violence on the frontier. Most of those famous feuds and scores of the less famous ones would not have happened if it wasn’t for drunk young men in their 20s raising hell. In the cities, the immigrant crowd of the Irish and Germans often went straight to the pubs and saloons after they finished their shift on Saturday and spent their entire earnings and stayed in a drunken stupor until Monday morning.

So, sure Prohibition was stupid, but like most things it didn’t come from a vacuum.
Well PTL everyone can just lay around stoned out of their minds these days. No need to worry about them actually going out and doing anything.
The ironic thing is my buddy was telling me medical weed is legal in Arkansas and all you have to do is go fill out some BS online form about ptsd to get your card. He applied for a license to run a dispensary with a couple of other investors. The state charged a six figure sum to apply and they didn't get approved.

Arkansas very recently voted down recreational weed..
Posted By: Teal Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/30/22
Living in WI the idea of a "dry" county is scary.

In the 90's - IIRC, we had 1 liquor license for every 100 man/woman/child in town. 100k people in town.
Posted By: ribka Re: Arkansas dry counties- WTF? - 11/30/22
prayers sent for your severe hardships

stay strong!!
Originally Posted by ldholton

Arkansas very recently voted down recreational weed..

They didn't want the price to drop.
It is fairly simple to buy alcohol in a wet county. We have been doing it here for years. Even though we are wet now I buy it in places that are cheaper like across the state line in Missouri.when there.
Originally Posted by 673

The sheriff in the adjoining County is in jail, he just got caught by the State police with guns and drugs in his vehicle. Welcome to Arkansas.

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ark. —

The Johnson County Sheriff faces gun and drug charges following an arrest in Crawford County.

Arkansas State Police spokesperson Bill Sadler confirmed ASP troopers arrested Sheriff Jimmy Stephens. According to Sadler, troopers found Stephens to be in possession of guns and drugs during a traffic stop. Stephens now faces charges for simultaneous possession of the items.

Advertisement

Sadler said Stephens is being held in the Crawford County Detention Center.
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by 673

The sheriff in the adjoining County is in jail, he just got caught by the State police with guns and drugs in his vehicle. Welcome to Arkansas.

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ark. —

The Johnson County Sheriff faces gun and drug charges following an arrest in Crawford County.

Arkansas State Police spokesperson Bill Sadler confirmed ASP troopers arrested Sheriff Jimmy Stephens. According to Sadler, troopers found Stephens to be in possession of guns and drugs during a traffic stop. Stephens now faces charges for simultaneous possession of the items.

Advertisement

Sadler said Stephens is being held in the Crawford County Detention Center.
this is what happens when dumbasses in a progressive county elect a little sheriff
© 24hourcampfire