Home
Tripped on this surfing the web tonight....

Pretty cool article for 1960s gear heads...

Fury found, and turned out to be a Moonshine Runners Ride, bought new...
Seen a show yrs back on Junior Johnsons moonshine car collection... As told by ol Junior hisself... It included at least one mid sixties Hemi car i think?...
Good read...

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1964-plymouth-fury-426-wedge-moonshine-runner

[Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com][Linked Image from motortrend.com]
Fascinating piece of muscle car history...... Thanks for the story and pix. I've read about stuff like that back in the 60's but never saw too much else about it. Interesting how some of the early NASCAR guys came from that background.
The "Certified" speedometer is interesting unto itself...

Back before radar existed, or many departments could afford to buy a radar gun, the police cars were equipped with "Certified" speedometers.

The reason they were "certified" is that when a speeding car was spotted, the police would catch up to it and drive the same speed, and record that speed for the speeding violation.

It was also a very unreliable way to determine speed of the suspect vehicle. But police cars came with "certified" speedometers up into the 70's and 80's... But most I remember went up to 140 or 150 mph.
If the engine picture is a 426 Hemi - why are the spark plug wires not in the valve covers? Am I missing something?
Originally Posted by Cecil56
If the engine picture is a 426 Hemi - why are the spark plug wires not in the valve covers? Am I missing something?
It's a wedge, not a hemi.
Hard to imagine being able to haul enough shine in that to make it worthwhile.

Great catch!

That looks much more like a factory 440 engine.
Barry, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't speed, obtained from a 'certified' speedometer, admissible as evidence in courts.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Great catch!

It's a 426 wedge, they also made a 413 wedge. the 426 Hemi was based off the 426 wedge. the article states 426 wedge. A 440 is also a wedge.
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Back then at $20/gal, you could easily haul 100 gallons. That's $2000 per run. What did the car cost.... 6K-7K? Pay for the car in 3 or 4 runs.
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Barry, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't speed, obtained from a 'certified' speedometer, admissible as evidence in courts.

Yeah, at least it used to be.

Lawyers kinda tore it up though, because a lot depended on the officer depth perception, distance behind the speeding car, distance the car was paced...

Probably the most unreliable of speed calculations used when writing speeding tickets.

Another way they clocked speeders was VASCAR... Calculating speed by time between known distance.

Those aircraft calculated speeding tickets raked in lotsa money too. smile
Google 413 Wedge. Not HemI. You will see pictures with two four barrels on a cross ram intake as well as single four barrels. Edk
Originally Posted by ERK
Google 413 Wedge. Not HemI. You will see pictures with two four barrels on a cross ram intake as well as single four barrels. Edk

Yeah, 2 4bbl carbs on most, but I think you could get a center mounted single 4bbl too. At least on a Plymouth.
Originally Posted by ERK

Yeah, 2 4bbl carbs on most, but I think you could get a center mounted single 4bbl too. At least on a Plymouth.
Both the 413 and 426 wedges could be had with the cross-ram duel 4's. they were developed for super stock drag racing.

Back then at $20/gal, you could easily haul 100 gallons. That's $2000 per run. What did the car cost.... 6K-7K? Pay for the car in 3 or 4 runs.
There are expenses to be subtracted.

Popcorn Sutton was never rich. Not from shine anyway.

Average cost in 1963 was around 3k for car so could pay for it in 1 run almost..
Read the article AFTER sticking foot in my mouth...LOL!

It clearly stated a wedge engine. Too early in the morning!
Originally Posted by dbowling

Average cost in 1963 was around 3k for car so could pay for it in 1 run almost..
How much did the guy running the still get out of that? And his helper? How much was grain & sugar? Bribes? How long did it take to make? Bail & fines?

In the 1960's when minimum wage was $1.25 an hour, a 200 gallon load of shine sold for $5.00 a gallon. Driving a load of whiskey 100 miles from Cookeville Tennessee to Knoxville was how some of us engineering students at Tennessee Tech made a little pocket change. I believe the trip paid us a buck a mile.
One has to wonder how many times that speedo was buried.

Yeah, at least it used to be.

Lawyers kinda tore it up though, because a lot depended on the officer depth perception, distance behind the speeding car, distance the car was paced...

Probably the most unreliable of speed calculations used when writing speeding tickets.

Another way they clocked speeders was VASCAR... Calculating speed by time between known distance.

Those aircraft calculated speeding tickets raked in lotsa money too. smile
I have paced many a car with a "certified" speedometer. Those were the days.

kwg
I want to see the pics AFTER you have restored it.
426 Max Wedge, like a 440

not a hemi (hemispherical valve chamber)
That's a low-mileage vehicle, right there!
Very cool

Great catch!

It looks like a 383, a 400, a 413 or a 440, but it's a 426 wedge.
Originally Posted by ERK

Really cool car.

I think what people know as the 426 "street wedge," which this one is, was a single four barrel and 365 horsepower. It was basically the same as the later 440 Magnum with 14 fewer cubic inches and 10 less horsepower. The 426 Max Wedge cars were the cars built for race with higher compression, solid lifters and 2x4 carbs. I think they were rated at either 415 or 425 horsepower, depending on configuration, and installed in the lighter "B" body platform (i.e. Belevederes).

My understanding from someone that was not a moonshiner but a young man that was often in a hurry during this era, is that a lighter Plymouth GTX (Belvedere platform) with a 440 Magnum and a 3.23 Sure Grip would peg the 150 mph speedometer and pull it back around a little ways (uncertified), which created a speed that was near the stall speed of one of these cars. The Fury police cars with 440 Magnums (similar to this car) were more like 135-140 MPH cars with the extra weight of the larger car and police equipment.
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Originally Posted by ERK

Really cool car.

I think what people know as the 426 "street wedge," which this one is, was a single four barrel and 365 horsepower. It was basically the same as the later 440 Magnum with 14 fewer cubic inches and 10 less horsepower. The 426 Max Wedge cars were the cars built for race with higher compression, solid lifters and 2x4 carbs. I think they were rated at either 415 or 425 horsepower, depending on configuration, and installed in the lighter "B" body platform (i.e. Belevederes).

My understanding from someone that was not a moonshiner but a young man that was often in a hurry during this era, is that a lighter Plymouth GTX (Belvedere platform) with a 440 Magnum and a 3.23 Sure Grip would peg the 150 mph speedometer and pull it back around a little ways (uncertified), which created a speed that was near the stall speed of one of these cars. The Fury police cars with 440 Magnums (similar to this car) were more like 135-140 MPH cars with the extra weight of the larger car and police equipment.

I drove newer version of the police cars you mention.

Back in the day, Texas DPS would put around 60k miles on a patrol vehicle and go get a new one. Texas DPS would have a parking lot full of used cars. If you were a Texas law enforcement agency, you could come to the lot and pick out patrol cars for your agency at a minimum price. The ones that stayed longer were sold at public auction.

My police chief and I went to get 3 of those cars once, as the tight assed city budgets wouldn't get many new cars for the same money. I think the used DPS cars were around $1500 each back then.

I knew the guy in charge of the sales for DPS and asked him which one I wanted for myself... he grinned and said "Follow me.."

He took me to a Chrysler Newport that had a 360 Premium engine with a Quadrajet carb, and air shocks in the rear to hold the weight of an aviation fuel bladder in the trunk..

I asked him what in the hell was that car used for? It also only had 49k miles on it. Looked new.

He said it was an interstate pursuit vehicle. When they would get vehicles trying to elude police out on IH10 (mostly out in west Texas while running drugs) they would get after them in that car... It blew the doors off anything, and didn't run out of gas.

I used it as a detective vehicle. DPS would paint your car for free... I chose midnight blue metallic.

Man, that car would flat out run! I don't know how fast, because the speedo pegged at 140mph, and it would take awhile to come out of that reading when you backed off.

I really wish I still had that car.
That is not a Hemi but it is a big block.
Good read and good videos, thanks for posting.
I googled wedge, it came up as this ?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Wedge
I have a 426 Max Wedge engine block in the barn that has been bored for 440 pistons. The Chrysler "RB" (raised block) engines were made in several displacements, 413, 426, and 440, and possibly some of the 361 cubic inch engines back in the early 1960's. "B" engines were 383, 400, and 361, IMHO, with lower deck height for shorter stroke crankshafts. I've got a short wheelbase 92 Dodge Dakota pickup that's eventually going to get retrofitted for a 440 and a Torqueflite 727 transmission.

There are expenses to be subtracted.

Popcorn Sutton was never rich. Not from shine anyway.

What you said is true, but remember Sutton was small time. Most of the still you see are 15-30 gallon cookers. Think big!
500 gal or larger cookers and 8 or 10 of them at one site.

Copied and pasted.... The still was capable of producing 1,800 gallons of illicit whiskey each week and was the biggest operation local officials can remember ever being found in the county, he said. The distillery consisted of 16 800-gallon "blackpot" stills and one 400-gallon still.
Originally Posted by ERK

Really cool car.

Back in the day, Texas DPS would put around 60k miles on a patrol vehicle and go get a new one. Texas DPS would have a parking lot full of used cars. If you were a Texas law enforcement agency, you could come to the lot and pick out patrol cars for your agency at a minimum price. The ones that stayed longer were sold at public auction.

My police chief and I went to get 3 of those cars once, as the tight assed city budgets wouldn't get many new cars for the same money. I think the used DPS cars were around $1500 each back then.

I knew the guy in charge of the sales for DPS and asked him which one I wanted for myself... he grinned and said "Follow me.."

He took me to a Chrysler Newport that had a 360 Premium engine with a Quadrajet carb, and air shocks in the rear to hold the weight of an aviation fuel bladder in the trunk..

I asked him what in the hell was that car used for? It also only had 49k miles on it. Looked new.

He said it was an interstate pursuit vehicle. When they would get vehicles trying to elude police out on IH10 (mostly out in west Texas while running drugs) they would get after them in that car... It blew the doors off anything, and didn't run out of gas.

I used it as a detective vehicle. DPS would paint your car for free... I chose midnight blue metallic.

Man, that car would flat out run! I don't know how fast, because the speedo pegged at 140mph, and it would take awhile to come out of that reading when you backed off.

You’re so full of crap. I cannot believe you actually put fifteen minutes of thought into that lie.

If I may ask a question rockbsmoker… what do you get off of lying on an Internet forum? Does it make you hard? Replace those inner feelings of living your life so pathetically?
Originally Posted by RoyalNavy
Originally Posted by ERK

Really cool car.

You’re so full of crap. I cannot believe you actually put fifteen minutes of thought into that lie.

If I may ask a question rockbsmoker… what do you get off of lying on an Internet forum? Does it make you hard? Replace those inner feelings of living your life so pathetically?
What's he lying about troll?
If you can’t deduce for yourself that rockbsmokers story is full of crap, you need mental help.

Just stating the obvious here chaps
If you can’t deduce for yourself that rockbsmokers story is full of crap, you need mental help.

Fucgking Maser.

Is it time for your monthly meltdown?

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

Don't make me drive you to tears again.

Mentally deranged cyber stalkers eh.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😊🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hey Schit for Brains Limey.....

I know the man you are calling a liar. If he tells you the moon is made of cheese..... better take your crackers.
Originally Posted by ERK

Really cool car.

It would have been a "Thermoquad" not a Quadrajet carb.

The obvious is you are a POS and should snort another turd.

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

How exactly are you going to bring me to tears?
I already am because I can’t believe some one is stupid enough to believe that horse crap.

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

I already am because I can’t believe some one is stupid enough to believe that horse crap.
^^^^^^^^^^
Jason Cardenas.
I was a toddler when my old man came home with his brand new factory lightweight 1965 Dodge Coronet 426 Hemi from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge.
When dad fired that b*tch up I ran and hid under a picnic table in our Chicago back yard. One of my earliest memories.

Car would be worth a million at least now.
Bought one of these at an county police auction for $300. It was maroon color and big and beautiful.
FBI used to auction off "pursuit" Novas. First one I saw was a 350 4bbl with 60s all the way around. Sport suspension and quick ratio steering.
Next one I saw had a 305 in it. That one made me laugh.
Originally Posted by broomd
I was a toddler when my old man came home with his brand new factory lightweight 1965 Dodge Coronet 426 Hemi from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge.
When dad fired that b*tch up I ran and hid under a picnic table in our Chicago back yard. One of my earliest memories.

Sheesh, the bull crap is flowing so much it is reminding me of the moose lodge bar.
FBI used to auction off "pursuit" Novas. First one I saw was a 350 4bbl with 60s all the way around. Sport suspension and quick ratio steering.
Next one I saw had a 305 in it. That one made me laugh.

I remember when we made fun of the 307's, the 305 didn't even rate razzing.

Sheesh, the bull crap is flowing so much it is reminding me of the moose lodge bar.

Retard posts just to up your post count...........
Originally Posted by rickt300

Could be... but the DPS mechanic called it a quadrajet, I'm sure.

They did have some aftermarket alterations on it for sure. It also had a Super Cooler radiator supplement added to it. The airshocks on the rear were a PITA to keep at a constant level. Like many air suspensions, they leaked after time...
Originally Posted by Raferman

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

^^^^^^^^^^
Jason Cardenas.

Yep. Here ya go: [email protected]

Y’all be sure and send ole Diaper Boy some Gay Porn.

Wonder why the lying little POS took his phone # off of his fake ass “church” website??? 😂😂😂😂😂

They did have some aftermarket alterations on it for sure. It also had a Super Cooler radiator supplement added to it. The airshocks on the rear were a PITA to keep at a constant level. Like many air suspensions, they leaked after time...

The quadrajet was the GM 4 barrel for many years, the Thermoquad was a huge 1100 cfm 4 barrel that was actually a bit too big for small blocks but the factory put em on anyway. My first "Cuda" had one on a 340 and almost the first thing I did was to change it out for a 650 Holly, aluminum intake, Direct Connection cam, Hedman headers (sucked), replaced the 3.23 gears in the rear end for 3.83's I believe. With it's 4 speed transmission that thing was a blast to street race with. My second "Cuda" was a 73 which in the beginning was a 360 and I built it's motor 4 different ways to end up with a motor only slightly different than the one I built for the first a 1970 model. The '73 had a automatic trans I had Ronnie Martin build. The good ole days. Kids nowadays got screwed.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

^^^^^^^^^^
Jason Cardenas.

Wonder why the lying little POS took his phone # off of his fake ass “church” website??? 😂😂😂😂😂

Wow you figured it out!

Down syndrome run in your family chlfaginstructor?

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

^^^^^^^^^^
Jason Cardenas.

Wow you figured it out!

Look like maser is sore that Mr Bin 86ed most of his socks.
LOL
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Gotta love it when diaper boy burns a sockpuppet that he spent time creating because he has mental issues, and no real life.
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Gotta love it when diaper boy burns a sockpuppet that he spent time creating because he has mental issues, and no real life.

Didn’t know you could get banned for disputing the truthfulness of a post on a forum. Besides calling all you retards out that believe that crap, what have I done to hurt you so bad rockbsmoker?

The quadrajet was the GM 4 barrel for many years, the Thermoquad was a huge 1100 cfm 4 barrel that was actually a bit too big for small blocks but the factory put em on anyway. My first "Cuda" had one on a 340 and almost the first thing I did was to change it out for a 650 Holly, aluminum intake, Direct Connection cam, Hedman headers (sucked), replaced the 3.23 gears in the rear end for 3.83's I believe. With it's 4 speed transmission that thing was a blast to street race with. My second "Cuda" was a 73 which in the beginning was a 360 and I built it's motor 4 different ways to end up with a motor only slightly different than the one I built for the first a 1970 model. The '73 had a automatic trans I had Ronnie Martin build. The good ole days. Kids nowadays got screwed.

The cars we had before the Newports were Fury's from the same DPS source. There had to have been 100's of thousands of those run as patrol cars. (They crashed a lot of them filming Dukes of Hazzard because they could get them used up and cheap)

Never cared much for the B-Body Fury's or the latter Dodge Diplomat with the 318's.

Ford LTD's and Chevy Impalas were not too great in that era either.. frown

My old Newport was head and shoulders above all the mentioned.

One PD I was familiar with had late 70's Chevy Novas with 454's in them... You didn't try your escape skills on those cars. grin
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Didn’t know you could get banned for disputing the truthfulness of a post on a forum. Besides calling all you retards out that believe that crap, what have I done to hurt you so bad rockbsmoker?

I don't lie Cardenas. No reason to. If you want to see a liar face to face, look in the mirror.

Your entertainment value gets shorter every time you show up and sling chit on the walls here just to be disruptive with your mental meltdowns.
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Yep. Diaper Boy / MaserElkyNutts/ Wetback Cardenas about to hit full Mental Meltdown Mode after he has to burn a sock puppet when I piss his whiny lying ass off.

Expect a steady stream of psycho babble talking about “ Mentally Deranged Diabolical Lying Cyberstalkers”
In his next rambling UniBomber Manifesto. 🤪🤪🤪

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Yep. Diaper Boy / MaserElkyNutts/ Wetback Cardenas about to hit full Mental Meltdown Mode after he has to burn a sock puppet when I piss his whiny lying ass off.

Expect a steady stream of psycho babble talking about “ Mentally Deranged Diabolical Lying Cyberstalkers”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He's running 3 or 4 today.

BAD mental health day for his pathetic life.

Fucgking Maser.

Again.

Go away diaper boy.

^^^^^^^^^^
Jason Cardenas.

Wow you figured it out!

LMAO ! Did I hurt your little wetback pussy there Cardenas?
DemoRat Projection Much ??? That the best you got, boy ???

Better stock up on your supply of psychotropic prescriptions for your upcoming Mental Meltdown Diaper Boy !!!
Time to crawl back in your “safe space” Section 8 housing basement, curl up in diapers, and suck your self to sleep. 😂😂🤪😂😂🤪😂😂😂
LOL

He'll sack this one too.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He's running 3 or 4 today.

BAD mental health day for his pathetic life.

No doubt.
Christmas must’ve sucked in his Florida’s Section 8 Housing for the Cardenas Clan. 😂
Wedge seen in OP.

Max wedge about 63 up looked like this, called a crossram.
[Linked Image from st.hotrod.com]

And the earlier 2-4 set ups, usually seen on 413's instead of 426's. Called a log ram, or long tub cross ram. Just looking at one for the first time would make ya dizzy.
[Linked Image from c2.staticflickr.com]

The cars we had before the Newports were Fury's from the same DPS source. There had to have been 100's of thousands of those run as patrol cars. (They crashed a lot of them filming Dukes of Hazzard because they could get them used up and cheap)

Never cared much for the B-Body Fury's or the latter Dodge Diplomat with the 318's.

Ford LTD's and Chevy Impalas were not too great in that era either.. frown

My old Newport was head and shoulders above all the mentioned.

One PD I was familiar with had late 70's Chevy Novas with 454's in them... You didn't try your escape skills on those cars. grin

I was given a '67 Fury II 2door hardtop but couldn't pick it up before the people moved, they living in Arkansas. Neat car, Gold with black interior and a 383 motor. The old Fury police cars were sooo easy to spot from way off. I remember when the Dallas PD was running Pontiac Leman's Can't remember the year but I sorely wanted to get one at auction but it never happened.
I love non-descript looking cars that'll blow your doors off.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Wedge seen in OP.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8431/7755492842_a80d9e349d_b.jpg

And the earlier 2-4 set ups, usually seen on 413's instead of 426's. Called a log ram, or long tub cross ram. Just looking at one for the first time would make ya dizzy.
[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3496/3913520838_4e934f3ed7_b.jpg

Now that is a good picture! Cool. That was a stock setup? The log ram?
LMFAO!!!

Another Maseypoo sockpuppet to deny attention too.
" That's it mister, off to ignore you go"

Deleted unread 416 pm,s since 1 Dec from glockdoofusmaseypoo yesterday morning about 515.
Put him on ignore along with several other of his stoopidazz mental health saga sockpuppets.
No more attention for Maseypoo...
To bad
So sad...
🤣🤣🤣

Plus Bin ain't making Benjamin's from me engaging this stoopid azzschit anymore.
And Bin DGAF,,,cause the sockpuppets bring in the Benjamin's
Thru controversy....
He will 86 a few here and their for token schit...
Ratio of about 1 86,d to 15 allowed...

Mutha Fuuuuking Pirates got better schit to do than fuuuking up a mentally ill spic incell...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh......
I changed the top pic, heads not stock, but a stock max wedge intake & type of carbs used. Carter AFB's I think. Many seen now with Holley's.

The bottom pic is a factory stock configuration for al general purposes. Remember being a teenager a traveling to the sticks just to see one. A big red Chrysler Imperial & when we raised the hood it looked alien. Hell it still does.
LOL!!!!

Put Wabigoon
The playing Aloof super troll for attention on Ignore yesterday also.

Like the saying goes.
If ya ain't got nothing nice to say .
Don't say anything at all.

Plus he was a total crappy hamster Maseypoo ball fondler also....
Guilty by association AFAIC......

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Had a 4-door 73 dart that looked like a car an old lady would drive, bench seat column shift. Ran 12.08 on the motor and 11.20s with the NOS. It did not sound stock though, lol. It was a drag car under the skin. I drove it around town on 6-inch slicks and ran 4.88 gears in it.

this was my 69 dart.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I changed the top pic, heads not stock, but a stock max wedge intake & type of carbs used. Carter AFB's I think. Many seen now with Holley's.

The bottom pic is a factory stock configuration for al general purposes. Remember being a teenager a traveling to the sticks just to see one. A big red Chrysler Imperial & when we raised the hood it looked alien. Hell it still does.

The Carter AFB's were far better carbs than the newer Thermoquads ever were. I bought a new AFB for my 70 Roadrunner and it was sooo much easier to tune than the average Holly and it has a bit better off the line performance. However in the end I went with Holly for it's better mid range and top end performance. Sad that so few kids today can actually build motors or even understand how one works.
Wedge seen in OP.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8431/7755492842_a80d9e349d_b.jpg

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3496/3913520838_4e934f3ed7_b.jpg

Now that is a good picture! Cool. That was a stock setup? The log ram?
yes, I have a crossram intake like on the 426 but with a 3- 2 barrel top.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Had a 4-door 73 dart that looked like a car an old lady would drive, bench seat column shift. Ran 12.08 on the motor and 11.20s with the NOS. It did not sound stock though, lol. It was a drag car under the skin. I drove it around town on 6-inch slicks and ran 4.88 gears in it.

this was my 69 dart.

Never saw a Dart with a big block in it but plenty with small blocks. Arlington Texas back in the 70's had a heck of a hotrod scene going on.

this was my 69 dart.

Never saw a Dart with a big block in it but plenty with small blocks. Arlington Texas back in the 70's had a heck of a hotrod scene going on.
Thays a 440 stroked out to 498 ci.

The Carter AFB's were far better carbs than the newer Thermoquads ever were. I bought a new AFB for my 70 Roadrunner and it was sooo much easier to tune than the average Holly and it has a bit better off the line performance. However in the end I went with Holly for it's better mid range and top end performance. Sad that so few kids today can actually build motors or even understand how one works.
Carters were easy to tune but suck for dumping fuel.

Get a Q-Jet, find a guy that knows how to build a carb and tune a Q-Jet and then you have something.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Carters were easy to tune but suck for dumping fuel.

Get a Q-Jet, find a guy that knows how to build a carb and tune a Q-Jet and then you have something.

Saw that but only the poor guys really did that kind of thing. I admit they could be made to work just fine on almost stock motors set up with low geared rear ends.

this was my 69 dart.

Thays a 440 stroked out to 498 ci.

Had a friend that built a 440 that came out of a boat, equipped with dual 440's. He got it done but he had to find out that one of the motors turned the opposite direction, it was funny when he found out after spending a grand fooling with it. That one went back on the shelf. The other he had bored and stroked, built to crazy and put in a 68 Charger. Awesome car.
Step dad had a 440 in a '69 Coronet R/T. Straight pipes to headers turned out at the rear of the doors. Loud and mean SOB it was.
73 I had with a 340, this one was just a little hotter than stock.

There were several 340 Darts, and a few Dodge Demons the Plymouth Duster running around, I always felt the stock 340 motor was pretty snappy. Especially the ones with 4 speeds. Not sure about the Darts and Demons but the Dusters, some of them had bigger motors than the 340-360. They all went away around the mid seventies when the EPA decided to kill the muscle car market.

There were several 340 Darts, and a few Dodge Demons the Plymouth Duster running around, I always felt the stock 340 motor was pretty snappy. Especially the ones with 4 speeds. Not sure about the Darts and Demons but the Dusters, some of them had bigger motors than the 340-360. They all went away around the mid seventies when the EPA decided to kill the muscle car market.
This was originally a slant 6 car.
Originally Posted by rickt30https://youtu.be/1Kymts38r0I

Hurt built 68 super stock darts for dodge with the 426 hemi. there were also a few made with 440s

LOL

He'll sack this one too.

Hey flave...... when did you get the new name?
Originally Posted by rickt30https://youtu.be/1Kymts38r0I

Hurt built 68 super stock darts for dodge with the 426 hemi. there were also a few made with 440s

Outstanding!

This was originally a slant 6 car.

I thought the "Swinger" versions all had v8's.

That factory lightweight hemi, the "Flying Barber Dodge" (fwiw, my father was a machinist, not a barber) was a local racetrack fixture--super stock--in my youth.

RN = GFY.
Mr. Norm would build a 69 dart with a 440.

The bull crap meter went off the charts on this one. Freaking Texas hick ass with a show quality rare mobile.

I was surprised to see STX was giving you guys the real deal. At least the pic definitely came from him and no one else.

Dicksuckinstructor and rockbsmoker pay attention. You “don’t have to lie to kick it”.

Now still waiting for picture proof on that gal Roger claims he bangs. For now I’m sure she is just using him for protection or making Tyrone jealous or some stuff.

The bull crap meter went off the charts on this one. Freaking Texas hick ass with a show quality rare mobile.

I was surprised to see STX was giving you guys the real deal. At least the pic definitely came from him and no one else.

Dicksuckinstructor and rockbsmoker pay attention. You “don’t have to lie to kick it”.

Now still waiting for picture proof on that gal Roger claims he bangs. For now I’m sure she is just using him for protection or making Tyrone jealous or some stuff.

You accidentally left your login on your sockpuppet.
LMAO !
Poor little Wetback Window Licker Cardenas. 🤪

Jealous because your Section 8 Anchor Baby family couldn’t even afford a Dodge Dart ? 😂😂😂

Does the monthly Welfare Check and EBT Card pay enough for a your daily Diaper changes ? 😂

Once again, your Dick Envy and Butthurt for Everything Texas is very telling.
Takes a special kind of Psychotic Twitt to waste your worthless life playing Russian Roulette on the internet with a severe case of Multiple Personality Disorder. 🤪
Which, of course, is understood today as chronic dissociative psychopathology that most often develops in response to severe abuse in childhood. The dissociative component is a manifestation of a defense mechanism out of control. The person with a biopsychological capacity to dissociate flees inward from overwhelming abuse or feared abuse.

Which means you should keep fleeing from abuse instead of coming here to seek it daily.
Makes sense, I guess, though.
Probably goes along with your propensity for wearing diapers and seeking to be raped daily by other Men.
I’m guessing you’d find a lot more satisfaction that you seek in your local area Gay Bars.
Plenty of them in your locale in Florida. Does your “Congregation” know about your alternative life styles ?
Don’t worry, I’m sure more than a few here would be happy to inform them of it and their Con Man “Preacher”.
I’d be shocked if the information was not already on the way to members of Jason Cardenas “Ministries”
@JasonCardenas.org

Your phone # and address are still available too.
Update Coming Shortly: 😂😂😂🤪🤪😂😂
The "Certified" speedometer is interesting unto itself...

Back before radar existed, or many departments could afford to buy a radar gun, the police cars were equipped with "Certified" speedometers.

The reason they were "certified" is that when a speeding car was spotted, the police would catch up to it and drive the same speed, and record that speed for the speeding violation.

It was also a very unreliable way to determine speed of the suspect vehicle. But police cars came with "certified" speedometers up into the 70's and 80's... But most I remember went up to 140 or 150 mph.

back in college in the early 70s, I got pulled over by a cop in rural No Carolina, while driving my VW Squareback doing 65 mph, which was flat out..as it has well over 100,000 miles on the motor....Cop wrote me up for doing 80 mph... because he said he had to speed up to that number to catch up with me...

Then he takes my licenses and tells me to follow him into this town....where he tells me to sit in this room, which I did for an hour, since no one was in the police station.. the cop that pulled me over just went home and didn't tell anyone I was there...so I go into the court at 1 pm, When the Judge got back from fishing all morning... comes into court with his fishing hat, and waders and jacket full of fish hooks... puts on his black robe over that.

Since the cop wasn't there, he threw out the ticket, and tells me I had to pay court costs. Asked how much cash I had in my wallet, and I said $25.00 so that is what he made the fine... then I had to wait until they ran a back ground check on me.. which took like 4 hours.

Turns out the previous week, they had some guy in the same situation. He paid the fine and then waited for the back ground check...the system was down, so since he seemed like a nice guy, they let him go.... Report came thru and he was wanted in 7 states for bank robbery...He was from Alabama... in the mean time after they let him go, he went down and robbed the local bank of $36,000 on the way out of town...

I was the next out of state guy who had been pulled over and they weren't about to let me go until my clearance came thru, and the system not being down....

wasn't the 70s a great time! smile
Was the town called Mayberry?...
The 60's were better- - - - -I was hitch hiking back to college in west Tennessee through a podunk Mississippi town after visiting a girl friend just south of Jackson over a 3 day weekend. Late night, chilly, drizzling rain- - - - -and here comes the local cop! "Git in th' car, kid!" He puled up to the jail- - - -"Git yer azz inside!" Now, this guy could have been a stunt double for Jackie Gleason in Smokey and the Bandit- - - - -beer belly, mirror sunglasses, Chrome .357 Magnum in a Sam Browne belt- - - -the real deal! "Pick out a cell, kid- - - - -they're all empty!" Then he went home- - - -without locking the door. Next morning, he bought me breakfast at the local diner and gave me a ride to the city limits. "The jail bunk is a lot more comfortable than our flea bag motel- - - - -and cheaper!" Nice guys come in all shapes and sizes!
Originally Posted by Seafire
back in college in the early 70s, I got pulled over by a cop in rural No Carolina, while driving my VW Squareback doing 65 mph, which was flat out..as it has well over 100,000 miles on the motor....Cop wrote me up for doing 80 mph... because he said he had to speed up to that number to catch up with me...

Then he takes my licenses and tells me to follow him into this town....where he tells me to sit in this room, which I did for an hour, since no one was in the police station.. the cop that pulled me over just went home and didn't tell anyone I was there...so I go into the court at 1 pm, When the Judge got back from fishing all morning... comes into court with his fishing hat, and waders and jacket full of fish hooks... puts on his black robe over that.

Since the cop wasn't there, he threw out the ticket, and tells me I had to pay court costs. Asked how much cash I had in my wallet, and I said $25.00 so that is what he made the fine... then I had to wait until they ran a back ground check on me.. which took like 4 hours.

Turns out the previous week, they had some guy in the same situation. He paid the fine and then waited for the back ground check...the system was down, so since he seemed like a nice guy, they let him go.... Report came thru and he was wanted in 7 states for bank robbery...He was from Alabama... in the mean time after they let him go, he went down and robbed the local bank of $36,000 on the way out of town...

I was the next out of state guy who had been pulled over and they weren't about to let me go until my clearance came thru, and the system not being down....

wasn't the 70s a great time! smile

What makes you say that? I'm not jealous at all. 😂

What exactly kind of pic do you want? Rick doesn't allow porn here. This is a family site. 😁
That’s a 426 “Max Wedge”.
The Hemi was a whole different animal.
Interesting article. I bet the HP rating of 365 was a little consecutive.
Those things and the 413 would scream.
7mm
LMAO !

Jealous because your Section 8 Anchor Baby family couldn’t even afford a Dodge Dart ? 😂😂😂

Does the monthly Welfare Check and EBT Card pay enough for a your daily Diaper changes ? 😂

Takes a special kind of Psychotic Twitt to waste your worthless life playing Russian Roulette on the internet with a severe case of Multiple Personality Disorder. 🤪
Which, of course, is understood today as chronic dissociative psychopathology that most often develops in response to severe abuse in childhood. The dissociative component is a manifestation of a defense mechanism out of control. The person with a biopsychological capacity to dissociate flees inward from overwhelming abuse or feared abuse.

Which means you should keep fleeing from abuse instead of coming here to seek it daily.
Probably goes along with your propensity for wearing diapers and seeking to be raped daily by other Men.
I’m guessing you’d find a lot more satisfaction that you seek in your local area Gay Bars.
Plenty of them in your locale in Florida. Does your “Congregation” know about your alternative life styles ?
Don’t worry, I’m sure more than a few here would be happy to inform them of it and their Con Man “Preacher”.
I’d be shocked if the information was not already on the way to members of Jason Cardenas “Ministries”
@JasonCardenas.org

Wow! You sure act like a little girl [bleep]. You do realize this right? I highly doubt any woman has every treated you like a man in your life besides maybe your mother because you are a sniveling little b.

Your HONEST local gumshoe

RN
I’ve seen 2 of those Hemi Darts, one at Carlisle in the ‘80s, and one at a car show in Johnstown a few years ago.
My older brother’s buddy was hell on those 340 Darts.
IIRC, he killed 4 of them on the road!
Another friend of mine had a 340 Demon. That thing was a monster too. He got the heads shaved, and after that we were putting head gaskets in every week until he got another set.
His Dad came in one night while we were working on it. “Maybe you fellas ought to use zippers instead of head bolts!”
Ted didn’t see the humor in that, to say the least!
Question, is there a website that deals with those Hemi cars?
I know there’s one for the ‘64 Ford Tbolts that they stuffed the 427s into.
One of them was sold by the Ford dealership in Homer City PA in 1964.
These things are amazing pieces of automotive history.
7mm
RoyalNavy........ LMAO.

Enjoy your time here puppet. It's sure to be short.
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

Wow! You sure act like a little girl [bleep]. You do realize this right? I highly doubt any woman has every treated you like a man in your life besides maybe your mother because you are a sniveling little b.

RN
You're not even trying anymore Jason.
Guy I went to college with had a Dodge Dart R/S as I recall. Some kind of special one with a 440. 1968 I believe with an auto trans.

I know if he punched it going 60 MPH, it would down-shift and get sideways on the road. Only road in it once. This was back in 1974.
Your Scum,

Standing up for liars.
Started with a '64 Barracuda 273 4sp,'69 Formula S 340 4sp,"69 Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4sp and ended up putting a 360 in '65 Valiant.I would've been a multi millionare if I kept my car's.Belonged to a Hemi club here in N.Y. We would meet every month in the summer.Cuda's,Challengers,Road Runners,GTX's,'67 Belvedere's,Coronet's.We used to hang out at Speedwin Automotive if anyone remembers who had a Hemi Pro Stock.Drummer Buddy Rich was there one day sitting in their Pro Stock for one of his album cover's. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Cool post, John!

My first patrol car was a 1974 Plymouth Fury Police Interceptor with the 440 (don't recall if it was a Wedge or a Hemi) and a Thermoquad. If you floored it was a dog off the line, pouring black smoke from both tailpipes until you hit about 95mph when the engine started burning most all of the fuel that monster carb was dumping.
If I was doing under 45mph and floored it, the transmission would downshift and it wouldn't hit high gear until right at 100mph. I was clocked on radar once at 146 mph on VASCAR at 147mph on another occasion. At those speeds, it would float, making the steering even lighter than normal.
It had sheit for brakes though, and you'd better use them sparingly when running at speed 'cause they would fade fast and make life very interesting.

Then the bureaucrats decided we needed more efficient patrol cars, so we got Ford Fairmonts with a 302ci V8. They had a whopping 139hp and one of the other officers claimed he actually reached 115mph, but had no witnesses, so we called him a liar since none of the rest of us could do over 100mph.
Oh, and try to put a big prisoner in the back seat of one of those matchboxes...

Ed
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

LOL The Truth Hurts ! And the Lying little Psycho has been outed on the Fire so many times, everyone knows it now. 🤪

Fake Preacher, Fake Elk Hunter & Guide, Fake Golf Range Driving Pro Champion, ect ect ect.
Not to mention all of his Happy Cramper, Slavek, and Glockdoufos Lies & Bullschitt. And countless other Sock Puppets he spends all of his time building and trying to get some “Credibility”. 🤪

He’s nothing more than another Welfare Wetback sucking on the Gov Tit, while living his Walter Mitty Fantasy Life on line 24/7. 🤪😂😂

It’s just a matter of time till he has another total Mental Meltdown as he suffers from severe Multiple Personality Disorder, and SCHIZOPHRENIA 🤪🤪🤪
Too bad they no longer perform Lobotomy's in State Run Mental Health Facility’s. He’s a Candidate if there ever was one. 🤪🤪🤪
I’d tell him to go suck start a Glock, but he can’t own one, and unfortunately, Airsoft guns aren’t Fatal.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Those Thermoquads had the same problem as the GM Quadrojets.
When you smashed the gas pedal, the accelerator pump dumped too much gas in.
One of Dad’s friends showed me how to adjust the Quadrojet on my big block Monte Carlo, and that thing would take off!
Wasn’t long before everybody with a Quadrojet had me tuning them.
I never heard of the Thermoquad having this problem, but it stands to reason.
Most everybody with them switched over to Holleys, since it fit the intake.
7mm
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Cool post, John!

My first patrol car was a 1974 Plymouth Fury Police Interceptor with the 440 (don't recall if it was a Wedge or a Hemi) and a Thermoquad. If you floored it was a dog off the line, pouring black smoke from both tailpipes until you hit about 95mph when the engine started burning most all of the fuel that monster carb was dumping.
If I was doing under 45mph and floored it, the transmission would downshift and it wouldn't hit high gear until right at 100mph. I was clocked on radar once at 146 mph on VASCAR at 147mph on another occasion. At those speeds, it would float, making the steering even lighter than normal.
It had sheit for brakes though, and you'd better use them sparingly when running at speed 'cause they would fade fast and make life very interesting.

Then the bureaucrats decided we needed more efficient patrol cars, so we got Ford Fairmonts with a 302ci V8. They had a whopping 139hp and one of the other officers claimed he actually reached 115mph, but had no witnesses, so we called him a liar since none of the rest of us could do over 100mph.
Oh, and try to put a big prisoner in the back seat of one of those matchboxes...

Ed

If you hadda Toyota Camry today, you'd take it in for warranty repairs if it performed like a '74 Fury 440.

'74/440:

0-60 - 8.1 sec.

1/4 mile - 16.1 sec.

0-124 mph top speed - 47.1 sec.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...440_v8_police_interceptor.html#gsc.tab=0
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Cool post, John!

Ed

If you hadda Toyota Camry today, you'd take it in for warranty repairs if it performed like a '74 Fury 440.

'74/440:

0-60 - 8.1 sec.

1/4 mile - 16.1 sec.

LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

LOL The Truth Hurts ! And the Lying little Psycho has been outed on the Fire so many times, everyone knows it now. 🤪

Fake Preacher, Fake Elk Hunter & Guide, Fake Golf Range Driving Pro Champion, ect ect ect.
Not to mention all of his Happy Cramper, Slavek, and Glockdoufos Lies & Bullschitt. And countless other Sock Puppets he spends all of his time building and trying to get some “Credibility”. 🤪

He’s nothing more than another Welfare Wetback sucking on the Gov Tit, while living his Walter Mitty Fantasy Life on line 24/7. 🤪😂😂

It’s just a matter of time till he has another total Mental Meltdown as he suffers from severe Multiple Personality Disorder, and SCHIZOPHRENIA 🤪🤪🤪
Too bad they no longer perform Lobotomy's in State Run Mental Health Facility’s. He’s a Candidate if there ever was one. 🤪🤪🤪
I’d tell him to go suck start a Glock, but he can’t own one, and unfortunately, Airsoft guns aren’t Fatal.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wtf cclfaginstructor. It seems you the one with mental issues, surprised no one has red flagged your lunatic butt.
You must not know a lot of people. Loner type.
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wtf cclfaginstructor. It seems you the one with mental issues, surprised no one has red flagged your lunatic butt.
Everyone knows you can't legally own firearms Jason.
Btw before you all start complaining about red flag laws, check cclfagonstructor they are actually needed because of nut cases like that guy.

You condone him look how upset he is!
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quit defending him, really you look like a protective gay boyfriend. For fuggs sake
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quit defending him, really you look like a protective gay boyfriend. For fuggs sake
What would your beaner congregation think about that language pastor Cardenas?
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

LOL. Little Psycho lives in the constant state of Denial.

It’s what Psycho’s and Schizophrenics do.
Reality is too harsh for them. Especially when your life sucks as bad as his. 🤪🤪🤪

His constant lying and deflection is all he has to make him feel “normal”. 🤪

Those fellows in the White Lab Coats driving the Padded Ambulance will soon be circling his Section 8 Abode. The thousands of voices in his pointy little head are telling him to RUN, but alas, he’s just too stupid.
Like I said before, the Epic Meltdown will be soon.
We’ve all seen it so many times, no one’s even surprised anymore. 😂😂😂😂😂
LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

LMAO !

@JasonCardenas.org

RN

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What would your beaner congregation think about that language pastor Cardenas?

It’s probably a safe bet that his “congregation” is made up too. All part of his Walter Mitty Fantasy Existence.
Anyone can create a website and steal photos from the web. Just like all the other schitt he makes up that exists only in his feeble little mind. 🤪🤪🤪

Probably all caused by being an abused fetal alcohol syndrome anchor baby. That grew up eating lead paint chips in a Section 8 Housing Project Basement.

Reality is too harsh for them. Especially when your life sucks as bad as his. 🤪🤪🤪

Those fellows in the White Lab Coats driving the Padded Ambulance will soon be circling his Section 8 Abode. The thousands of voices in his pointy little head are telling him to RUN, but alas, he’s just too stupid.

He just craves attention.

Just like a little boy who acts out to get a spanking from Daddy... Any attention beats no attention.

It's why he's obsessed with this place. He gets spanked every time he shows his insane ass around here.

What's really pathetic is if he put as much time into being a decent man with maturity and responsibility, he would reap the benefits from that, rather than the attention he gets from people who don't want his psycho personalities interjecting themselves into valid threads.
Originally Posted by kolofardos

LMAO. Jason Cardenas / AKA Maser ElkyNutts.

In all of his Diapered Glory. With one of his many “guns”. 🤪🤪🤪 😂😂😂

Just like a little boy who acts out to get a spanking from Daddy... Any attention beats no attention.

It's why he's obsessed with this place. He gets spanked every time he shows his insane ass around here.

What's really pathetic is if he put as much time into being a decent man with maturity and responsibility, he would reap the benefits from that, rather than the attention he gets from people who don't want his psycho personalities interjecting themselves into valid threads.

Sad But True !!!

Do you even stop and read back what you are writing?

Everything is maser huh.. smh

Ignorant dumb old fudging incels. World is a better place you guys obviously didn’t contribute much to the gene pool.
Oh he’s 79 years old

He’s harmless
Ohh fugg someone stole my car battery, better blame maser.

Lol
On a serious note. I would like to apologize for the red flag comments. Serious fugged unconstitutional stuff probably shouldn’t joke around with that.
Great!!!!! a neat muscle car thread, so much fun & memories.

And the some puss sucking sock puppet faqqet, Like You has to come along & fuqk it up.

You sorry POS.
Actually no idiot. Blame the liars on here, I’m just calling them out.

Let me guess, you a freakin liar too.
Changing the metering rods in any of the Carter Carbs. could net you whatever you wanted, even the thermoquads.

The last muscle car I restored was a 68 GTX. Probably should have kept it. My favorite one was a 70 Cuda AAR with a 68 Charger RT running a close second.
Went thru several mopar muscle cars but the Cuda and the Charger were my favorites.

The 68 GTX................

Miss Direct Connection autographed this photo for me.

The photo's were scanned from a book my car was in. Post American Muscle Cars by Nicky Wright.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh he’s 79 years old

He’s harmless

The Lying little Window Licker admitted he’s Maser on page 3 of this thread.

Now he’s got to lie to himself to keep up his little Walter Mitty Psycho Fantasy. 🤪

Poor little Batschitt crazy turd needs to be flushed down the WWW Internet Toilet and Real Life Schitter too.
Maybe his Mother tried, and he’s what survived. 😂

And the some puss sucking sock puppet faqqet, Like You has to come along & fuqk it up.

You sorry POS.
I sure as Hell we could get loose of these whizzing contest!
For crying out loud, this thread started about a ‘65 Dodge converted into a car for running illegal whiskey!
You know, this crap has made many valued members of the ‘Fire give it up.
Phuqing adolescent idiots, ruining perfectly good conversations, because y any seem to live and let live.
The trouble with this whole world can be boiled down to the point that some people can’t be happy unless they’re making somebody else freakin miserable.
Change my mind!
7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster

You sorry POS.
I sure as Hell we could get loose of these whizzing contest!
For crying out loud, this thread started about a ‘65 Dodge converted into a car for running illegal whiskey!
You know, this crap has made many valued members of the ‘Fire give it up.
Phuqing adolescent idiots, ruining perfectly good conversations, because y any seem to live and let live.
The trouble with this whole world can be boiled down to the point that some people can’t be happy unless they’re making somebody else freakin miserable.
Change my mind!
7mm

You have your choice 2mmdickbuster… take your karen arse over to the Royal navy thread and vote!
Cool post, John!

Ed

'74/440:

0-60 - 8.1 sec.

1/4 mile - 16.1 sec.

These threads always bring out the rose colored glasses about performance, as well as a lot of misunderstanding about how carburetors work.
Well there's that cubic inch thing, cylinder volume & rpm to cfm formula thing. What else?

Oh! the humidity, barometer & temperature. A jet change called for? or a split that lets you run consistent from 7pm to midnight without drastic changes?

Altitude?

I know I'm gettin my tit in tha wringer messin with the mathman. But, have played with the numbers. A few fun & expensive years.
Chigger's Drive-In? Right on.

Post more if ya got em, gunzo.
Chiggers was a body I bought, a lot of aluminum, fiberglass & Lexan. It's predecessor.
I don't believe any of your comments are what got my attention. grin
OK, I'm carb defensive. So much I've learned, so much I didn't know when it counted.

The mention of carb knowledge made me paranoid. LOL.
I didn't know mathman was a gearhead. Let's see your ride, amigo.

My ride of that type is long gone. I had a 1972 SS 350 Camaro that I was slowly improving, but finances and going to graduate school away from my family home, tools, and workspace caused me to sell it.
I had a 72 Mustang with a modest 302. Looked nice, but when we wanted to race we'd borrow mom's Galaxie500.
Originally Posted by mathman
I didn't know mathman was a gearhead. Let's see your ride, amigo.

My ride of that type is long gone. I had a 1972 SS 350 Camaro that I was slowly improving, but finances and going to graduate school away from my family home, tools, and workspace caused me to sell it.
Had to go and learn about that Maillard reaction , didja?

OH, that would have been a cool car for sure!
I might be considered a car guy. The Mach 1 runs a 427 Windsor and 5 speed Tremec. The Dodge is close. No not really...

Originally Posted by mathman
Cool post, John!

Ed

'74/440:

0-60 - 8.1 sec.

1/4 mile - 16.1 sec.

These threads always bring out the rose colored glasses about performance, as well as a lot of misunderstanding about how carburetors work.
Yes & yes...
© 24hourcampfire